General Television Thread 2023

6 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Has anyone watched the Interview with the Vampire series yet?

I'm intrigued, but I am also a massive fan of the novels and the original film, and am worried that the changes made may not be for me.

Yeah, I quite liked it. The performances are really really great.

1 hour ago, tristy said:

hey guys the Last of Us is really, really good

As someone who never played any of the games (tried 1 but for some reason I couldn't get into it) I really enjoyed it

Having played the game and having heard that it's a very faithful adaptation, I'm not sure I can really be bothered to watch it. I doubt it's going to surprise me at all.

That said, it's probably better suited to television. With the game, there was the age-old issue of ludonarrative dissonance, in that there had to be plenty of combat to make it fun, but it meant that a gruff, middle-aged dad and a young teenager could mow down dozens of professionally trained soldiers. With a non-interactive medium, that's not something they have to put in.

The acts of violence that need to take place for them to survive do carry a lot more weight now in my opinion. I may be a slave to the moment right now but I was blown away by how well they handled one of my favorite games of all time. It's proving that in the right hands anything is possible

https://www.joblo.com/cobra-kai-season-6-announcement/

Damn, it's bittersweet. It kinda felt like it was reaching it's conclusion, not much else to do except bring back Hilary Swank. But love this show so much, wish it could keep going. 

Cobra Kai never dies. 

• Like 2

With the way they ended season 5 anything but "season 6 is the last one" would have felt like the show going completely off the rails tbh. You can't really escalate too far beyond what they did in that one.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 05:43, 9 to 5 said:

That 90's show isn't good, feels like a zombie show. The older actors are fine if not great, the kid actors are quite weak aside the neighbour kid who is best friends with Donna and Eric's daughter.

I thought it was OK.  The chemistry between the kids got better as the season went on I thought, which makes sense.

But yea, the older actors were great.  Especially the actress who played Sherri.  She stole every scene she was in