Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2023

I'm finally starting to watch The Boys (classic Christmas Amazon trial...) and it's pretty good, but why have they let Karl Urban do whatever that accent is supposed to be? At first I thought he was Australian, but it veers from that to Dick van Dyke, and in one episode he pronounces twat completely differently over the course of two scenes. I presume he's trying to be a bit "Lock, Stock..." but it's awful.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

‘Titans,’ ‘Doom Patrol’ Ending on HBO Max

Not surprised at all.  Titans is very hit or miss, but Doom Patrol is a fantastic show

Why the hell are they trying to make a movie out of The Authority?  Hey I know what we need when trying to re-establish our universe....edgelord ripoff versions of characters we are simultaneously trying to re-establish! 

• Like 1

Love that outside of Ant-Man this is shaping up to be the year of Big Two superhero movies that look fun but also you have good cause to not want anything to do with the lead actor. Remarkable that Chris Pratt is maybe the least objectionable one of the lot.

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

I'm sure I've seen them but I have no memory of it so I've started the old Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I really enjoyed the first one but now I'm wondering what to do with the second one. There are 2 different versions. Are they both worth watching? And if they are what order do I watch them in?

Across The Spider-Verse was great.  Just a great mix of humor, action and emotion, and one the Spider-Man introduced in this movie (not sure if he was in the trailers, so I won't say who he was) was just hilarious and amazing

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 07:51, Your Mom said:

I'm sure I've seen them but I have no memory of it so I've started the old Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I really enjoyed the first one but now I'm wondering what to do with the second one. There are 2 different versions. Are they both worth watching? And if they are what order do I watch them in?

From what I remember, the Donner cut (the one released later) is much more serious than the original cut. The original cut is also more polished because they actually finished some of the effects and such that they didn't for some of the Donner scenes that were re-inserted. 

I'd probably watch the one that was initially released as the Donner cut wasn't released until 2006. 

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed Across the Spider-Verse but I wasn't blown away by it like everyone else seems to be. It's fantastically animated, and I enjoyed a lot of the cameos (particularly the spoilered one), but it felt like a set-up movie rather than a completed one, probably because that's exactly what it is.

And the cameo I mentioned...

Spoiler

Live-action Donald Glover was amazing, I wonder if it was meant to be the direct link to the MCU version of Aaron Davis. I have to think it was.