What games did you play today?

Benji

Just started "The Chant" today. I should have paid more attention because my usual deal is I see an enemy and I run up and kill it. Well this game has you waving sage around at them and stuff :lol: It's like Alan Wake and his flashlight. It's not my normal cup of tea but I'm actually still enjoying it so far

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Just started "The Chant" today. I should have paid more attention because my usual deal is I see an enemy and I run up and kill it. Well this game has you waving sage around at them and stuff :lol: It's like Alan Wake and his flashlight. It's not my normal cup of tea but I'm actually still enjoying it so far

This reminds me of watching my uncle play Metal Gear Solid for the first time. He's sneaking around doing Stealth things because you know, it sells you on the idea of Stealth, and I'm just like "For the love of god, just run and gun! RUN & GUN!" and he would not. He refused. Continued slowly on his merry stealthy way.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ebenezer Fork said:

This reminds me of watching my uncle play Metal Gear Solid for the first time. He's sneaking around doing Stealth things because you know, it sells you on the idea of Stealth, and I'm just like "For the love of god, just run and gun! RUN & GUN!" and he would not. He refused. Continued slowly on his merry stealthy way.

Played it with my Grandmother when it first came out. My brother could not stand us both being stealthy at it. He much preferred it when we messed up and had to firefight our way to freedom. :lol:

• Haha 1

I can tell you what game I haven't played today (or in a few days)... High on Life. I enjoyed the writing, but the gameplay is too same-y and boring. That added to the news that came out about Justin Roiland yesterday, I have no desire to pick it back up.

28 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

I can tell you what game I haven't played today (or in a few days)... High on Life. I enjoyed the writing, but the gameplay is too same-y and boring. That added to the news that came out about Justin Roiland yesterday, I have no desire to pick it back up.

I got around three hours in and got bored. I wasn't finding the gameplay interesting either.

I found my Rock Band keyboard and thought I'd really like to use it again, so bought Rock Band 4... not knowing that RB4 has no support for the keyboard peripheral.

I've dug out my guitar to try and make use of the £35 I spent on it, because whilst I can sing, it's not something I particularly want to do when people are listening.

• Like 2

I've found myself getting burned out on WoW and Final Fantasy XIV lately, so last night I fired up some FF VII Remake. It's only the first one and I've barely played 10 minutes before yesterday. There are definitely parts of it that I don't like but there's more that I like about it than I don't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fourstarfizzle said:

I got PowerWash Simulator in the last Steam sale on a whim, and damn is it a relaxing and satisfying game when I don't want anything too involved.

I downloaded Car Mechanic Simulator for this exact reason, but it turns out to be more frustrating than it has a any right to be. Had a car where I needed to change the fuel filter.....well you have to get the gas tank off to do the fuel filter.....except I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the fucking gas tank off! IRL I can get the gas tank off a car...apparently a simulator is much more difficult!

• Like 2

Finished second Dark Pictures "Little Hope". Another great entry for Supermassive and made me jump more than once. Massive game end spoilers below...

Spoiler

My one issue with it is (second chance not to be spoiled)...

Spoiler

That's two games in the series played, and both times the "supernatural" element of it was twisted out. Like, I don't mind a good twist, and this game's one was good, but doing it twice in a row feels a bit of a cop out. Didn't affect the quality of the game at all, it's still great and the twist is solid, I just don't like it happening twice. It's okay to just have supernatural stuff in your horror, y'know?

I'm 4 chapters through some NG+ clean up on Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm fairly certain the bulk of the collectibles I'm missing are from Chapter 6 onward so hoping I won't need to do any Chapter rollbacks (although I think I already need to do chapter 4 again because the guide I was following picked the opposite decision to me and I didn't realise because the part with the collectible I needed never came up).

17 hours ago, Ebenezer Fork said:

I downloaded Car Mechanic Simulator for this exact reason, but it turns out to be more frustrating than it has a any right to be. Had a car where I needed to change the fuel filter.....well you have to get the gas tank off to do the fuel filter.....except I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the fucking gas tank off! IRL I can get the gas tank off a car...apparently a simulator is much more difficult!

I had 2018 of that I think, and I agree, it was a bit too finicky for me. PowerWash Simulator is pretty nice and straight forward.

On 15/01/2023 at 20:12, Bobfoc said:

I've played through KOTOR more than any other game except maybe Metal Gear Solid. I don't think I'd recommend it to new players, but it's a nice, familiar experience for me.

Why wouldn't you recommend it? If somebody is a fan of Star Wars, and video games, I would recommend it.

I haven't played it in over ten, probably closer to fifteen years, and it does feel really familiar, but some how new and fresh at the same time.

15 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Why wouldn't you recommend it? If somebody is a fan of Star Wars, and video games, I would recommend it.

I haven't played it in over ten, probably closer to fifteen years, and it does feel really familiar, but some how new and fresh at the same time.

I think the combat system wouldn't appeal to those used to the more modern Star Wars games, but perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. I'd probably say that I wouldn't recommend it to someone expecting something akin to Jedi: Fallen Order, whereas I would recommend it to someone who knows what they're getting into beforehand.

• Like 2

Weirdly my only experience of KOTOR was playing the Android version a couple of years ago, and it worked surprisingly well probably as a result of the simple combat and RPG style menus etc. Almost can't imagine it on a big screen.

Anyway, I'm playing Return to Monkey Island which is just lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I think the combat system wouldn't appeal to those used to the more modern Star Wars games, but perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. I'd probably say that I wouldn't recommend it to someone expecting something akin to Jedi: Fallen Order, whereas I would recommend it to someone who knows what they're getting into beforehand.

That was pretty much my experience with KOTOR; I was aware that it was a thing, so I was surprised when I finally played it that it was more of a Star Wars RPG then, well...something like the Jedi Knight games. I don't have an issue at all with KOTOR, but it can be surprising for first time players that aren't aware of it. 

• Like 1