What games did you play today?

Benji

11 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Those games are the sort I'd wait to play until they were really cheap, but they're enjoyable for the silly B-movie vibe.

They start off at £25 to be fair so they're not even full price on release. Well worth the money but I get why people would want to go cheaper cause that's part of why I waited for season one to finish.

• Like 1

Finished Dark Pictures Season 1 and Devil In Me was by far the best one of the lot. Having said that, I wouldn't start with it and would definitely end with it (I would say playing them in release order does make sense) because there's an underlying element to them all that peaks at the end of season one unsurprisingly.

Spoiler

Secondary spoiler box to say this is about the game specifically and not the big spoiler

Spoiler

I managed to get three people out of five killed, but I saved a dog, so overall I'm saying I did better than any other game in the series.

Death Stranding is really a load of bollocks and Kojima at his worst. Very nice looking games with some nice ideas but such a boring mess of a game and plot. No problem with being dumped into a game without being spoon fed all the details and the why, what, how etc of the situation but it's just not as smart as it thinks it is. Glad I didn't pay for it and can't see myself going back to it after putting in a few hours.

• Like 1

I've been on a life is strange run recently, they are smaller games which is a nice break in between some mammoth 40 plus hours games but they are some of the most hard hitting stories going, completed before the storm recently and moved onto life is strange 2. 

• Like 1

Been playing some Monster Hunter Rise since it came to Game Pass. World was my proper introduction to the series and it doesn't really feel like anything has majorly changed since then but just playing it on the Series S makes it feel like a whole new game with the frame rate and load times. I need to mess with the graphics settings as I just put it straight to performance mode but apparently the S can handle the middle ground and still do 60fps.

It is a bit daunting how they just throw a million different things at you, trying to explain all sorts of different mechanics and menus. Oddly, the training area was locked off for me until I'd already done the first set of missions. I had to use YouTube to refamiliarise myself with the weapons. Just seems odd to only give you the training area after you've already proved you don't need it.

Settled right back into using the glaive weapon, just having that extra manoeuvrability by using the 'pole vault' move is big because some of the other weapons are clunky and slow. That was a big thing for getting mounting damage which doesn't seem be a thing here, maybe it comes in later on with bigger monsters. Having to reset the kinsects can be tedious I guess but they generally cover each stage of the fight or I can just do it when I need to stop to heal anyway.

• Like 2

I opened up New World for the first time in quite awhile. It came out during a downtime in WoW so when it first came out I poured a lot of time into it for the first couple weeks and then basically never touched it again. I think it's one of those games that's fun in short bursts and one that I won't really put any serious time into it.

I basically had an hour before I went to bed last night which isn't enough time to do much of anything in either of the two main games I play, so I just opened it and did a few quests, gathered a few things for crafting and that was about it. I will probably do some of the dungeons and stuff when I get to it...but it's not really anything I feel the need to stay caught up on.

• Like 2

On 20/01/2023 at 14:56, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

One Call to Action trophy left, then I need about 5 outfits and I'm done. Made some good progress the last couple of days.

Final outfit left to get tomorrow and I'm finally done! Have to say, enjoyed the game a lot more the second time around just rushing through the story.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

I'm really enjoying the new Fire Emblem. The story is cheesy af so far, but I dig the combat!

I'm liking it too. The combat has been built upon from previous games, which makes all the skirmishes a lot of fun. Three Houses is one of my favourite games ever, but I knew beforehand that there was going to be less focus on character interaction and story, so I'm happy enough to look at this game on its own merits.

• Like 3

I just bought a PS5 and it came with God of War Ragnarok. 

I'm not usually really good at these types of games, but I do generally WANT to like them (I'm more into WWE games or Mortal Kombat as opposed to RPG)... But holy hell, is this game ever good. I'm really enjoying the story and it plays fairly easily... I still get annoyed at the fighting aspect, it feels like a slog (personal bias to those types of games), but the story is strong enough to keep me on track. 

I can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

Just finished Act 2 in Ghost Of Tsushima and good lord I see why this game got so much love. I'm going to do my best to finish it this week and then go for God Of War Ragnarok, but I'll probably want to play something shorter first to break up the open world games. May be finally time to play Little Hope.

Spoiler

RIP Taka

• Like 2

Got really greedy with Hitman Freelancer and paid for it. On the New York bank level I killed my three targets with a surprising amount of ease, but had seen that there were free Merces to collect inside the bank vault. I got killed trying to open the vault, not knowing it was a highly suspicious action. Lost around 10,000 merces, my epic silenced silverballer and my trusty lockpick. I can't even be angry at the game, it was entirely my fault.

• Like 1

Have reached that stage in a Persona game where all the main characters have a big conversation about how their ordeal will definitely be over this week, which the game then mocks by auto-advancing the group's Social Link to Level 6 out of 10.

• Like 2

The Power Wash Simulator x Tomb Raider content is fun, although that's purely based on it being new Power Wash Simulator content as I've never played a Tomb Raider game. I'm sure people that have will have a lot more attachment to any references or easter eggs.

• Like 2

FIFA 23. Really having a blast in career mode. Have been using ChatGP to generate storylines and element's to incorporate into my save with Blackburn Rovers.

Ended up gutting the club of most of the real player's I had there. Except Diaz. He's 88 Rated now, and 28 I think. So once he reaches about 32 is when I will sell him for the 140Million Barcelona offered. Most of the players in are either from the youth squad, or pregen and regeneration of retired real player's. 

Making it through the January Transfer window. Knocked Spurs out of the Semi Final for the League Cup. First leg was at Ewood. 3-2. Then we went to London and battered them 5-0. 

• Like 1