Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

https://onefootball.com/en/news/breaking-ryan-giggs-son-abandons-old-trafford-for-bramall-lane-37501639

Zach Giggs has signed for Sheffield United. No idea if he's any good... 

• Admin

Former Barcelona and Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta will leave Vissel Kobe after five years at the Japanese club.

The 39-year-old will play his final match for the side on 1 July, midway through the J-League season.

Iniesta, who has made just three substitute appearances so far this season for league leaders Vissel, has no plans to retire immediately.

"I want to finish my time here properly and then see what options are available to me," he said.

"I want to keep playing and then retire while I'm still active. That's difficult for me to do here, so I want to find a place where I can eventually retire."

Iniesta joined Vissel in 2018 and has made 133 appearances for the club, winning Japan's domestic Emperor's Cup in 2019 and the Japanese Super Cup the following year.

• Like 1

It's all a little sad. The circumstances surrounding both the need to cut down the squad, plus the need to balance our spending more sensibly than in the past 12 months, mean that it was always unlikely he would stay on.

He showed promise though. Just not £80m purchase level of promise, and apparently even loaning him in again would keep the squad registration unbalanced for what Poch wants to work with.

I hope he gets somewhere he can play more, and not just end up being ignored at Atleti yet again.

Zakaria departing makes sense. Didn't play much and you'd assume there were reasons.

RLC clearly reached his ceiling over the past few seasons - a utility man, no more. Get a little cash for him and be done with it.

Manuel Ugarte of Sporting is apparently Poch's choice as a defensive midfield acquisition, according to Fabrizio a couple of days back. 

11 hours ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

Marco Asensio is apparently close to a move to Aston Villa.

The crossover between transfer window Twitter and FlightRadar Twitter is like all my Christmases come at once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We've now been linked with Kone from Gladbach and Thuram from Nice. 

Be nice if we got both of them along with Mac Allister.

According to Mr Here We Go the Mac Allister fee would be for less than 60mil as well.