Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

14 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Zakaria departing makes sense. Didn't play much and you'd assume there were reasons.

RLC clearly reached his ceiling over the past few seasons - a utility man, no more. Get a little cash for him and be done with it.

Manuel Ugarte of Sporting is apparently Poch's choice as a defensive midfield acquisition, according to Fabrizio a couple of days back. 

I'm fine with all of the likely departures so far. RLC is the only one I'd consider keeping, precisely because he's capable of covering most of the pitch, but cashing in and reducing the squad size as much as possible has to be the priority right now.

Stamford Bridge flash sale - everyone (except James, Chilwell, Enzo) must go!

4 hours ago, Cymbols said:

The crossover between transfer window Twitter and FlightRadar Twitter is like all my Christmases come at once.

That's just me going into the office.

This Declan Rice story is going to drag and drag isn’t it? :(

Ornstein put out a report yesterday that Arteta has no intention of selling Smith Rowe, which I am very happy about. I do wonder if he spent the second half of the season really protecting him before fully integrating him back into the side for pre-season. 

3 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

This is the most absurdly hilarious shit

Just shows how much of a joke FFP is, clubs barely in debt getting investigated whilst Barca go on media campaigns to get players to cancel their contracts or engage in transfers like this.

At this point I'm just glad that Chelsea are (partly out of necessity) doing their business early for once, and maybe we'll have a vaguely settled pre-season?!

...Of course not, but I'm going to enjoy this blissful ignorance phase while I can.

6 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Are we going to get a LIVV Golf situation of players jumping to go Saudi for the money? 

Certainly starting to look that way. God awful amounts of money being thrown around so it’s hardly surprising.

8 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Are we going to get a LIVV Golf situation of players jumping to go Saudi for the money? 

Doubt it, they said the same about China a few years ago too. You'll get a few young guys going and guys at the end of their career.

There is plenty of talk that Ronaldo already wants out too.

The only reason LIV works is because the guys get obscene amounts of money and still get to play in the majors. Even then you have a guy like Koepka who clearly regrets it but can't leave because he'd have to pay hundreds of millions to get out of the tour.

There will always be some guys going, especially later career players with injuries who don't want to leave too much money on the table. But the level of competition sucks and players used to the standard of top European leagues will mostly get bored quickly.

That Saudi money train will be rolling until at least when they get awarded a World Cup, which is 2034 at the earliest.