Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Lineker

Just now, Benji said:

How long have they had seperate jury and people votes? That ruins the entire thing for me.

Couple years. It has some led to some really hilarious moments once the people's votes are revealed (the run of like five countries in a row getting 0 votes from the people like two years ago was great) but it makes this part of it feel interminable.

21 minutes ago, Benji said:

Anyone know how to turn off the shitty commentator woman? She is pissing me off.

Mel is a delight! :crying:

If nothing else she's making this process more manageable. As did the Icelandic result reader.

• Like 1

Last place for Germany again. I really thought that this year we had a chance to at least make it to the 2nd column. I figured the juries wouldn't appreciate Metal but I hopped the audiences would enjoy it more than they did. Oh well. See y'all again next year.

Edited by Hellraiser

2 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

Last place for Germany again. I really thought that this year we had a chance to at least make it to the 2nd column. I figured the juries wouldn't appreciate Metal but I hopped the audiences would enjoy it more than they did. Oh well. See Y'all again next year.

Yeah I was surprised Germany couldn't get past the last place curse this time, I think maybe Croatia and Finland soaked up the fan votes they might have gotten.

I haven't watched a Eurovision live since Wogan left, and I was left enjoying the show but absolutely baffled by the voting system, it's God awful. Norway and Finland deservedly shooting up so high after the peoples vote made me so angry about this dumb jury system they have now.

The Sweden song is an absolute rip off of an ABBA song, and it's a blatant effort from the people in charge to make "ABBAs 50th" a thing next year in Sweden. I'm actually really annoyed at the corruption of Eurovision, what has my life become? :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

The Sweden song is an absolute rip off of an ABBA song, and it's a blatant effort from the people in charge to make "ABBAs 50th" a thing next year in Sweden. I'm actually really annoyed at the corruption of Eurovision, what has my life become? :lol:

They also tied with Ireland for most Eurovision wins now.

Its all one big pro Sweden conspiracy!