Lonestar State Wrestling: Farfetched? Yes!

LL!

LSW News And Notes On Chavo Sr., Mystery Commish, Possible TV Deal, Masada, And More

By: Mike Johnson

- To begin, we got the latest LSW DVD in our shop. It is titled "Unreasonable Thinking" and headlined by Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero, Sr. against Mike Barton and Dallas. You can purchase it here.

- Speaking of Chavo, I have heard that he signed a limited contract of a few months. So, chances are he'll be gone pretty soon, but for now, he's part of the roster.

- House Show attendance may not be at an extreme, with only a few hundred attending, but every company is experiencing extremely low House Show turn-outs recently. However, signs of change are occuring as crowd are rising with every month.

- The Mystery Commissioner that appeared on the show is unknown, even to us. It is said that the only ones to know are the LSW Brass. Rumor has it he's not very well known.

- An update on the Developmental Territories shows that the lease to the Florida complex was denied to LSW. However, in a smart move Eddie and Co. have decided to scourge the Pennsylvania area and has contact both former IWC and ROH training complexes. It is very much known that some of the best workers come out of that area and it will really help future LSW talent with possible trainers such as Eddie Guerrero, and to another extent they can give Chavo Senior the training job. More news as we get it.

- With the one year Anniversary show coming closer and closer, LSW have not only branched out into trying for training schools, but are in the beginning stages of looking for television networks interested in the product. At this stage it is hard to even know if they're actually going to go through with it, but are in planning.

- Many have e-mailed me asking if Masada was released from LSW. Well, I can tell you that he is still with the company, but word is he is getting retooled. He should be back in LSW soon.

- The Ft. Worth Express is running a story on the upcoming LSW Event coming to town in a few weeks. It puts over Eddie Guerrero very heavily for bringing wrestling back to Ft. Worth as they haven't had a big show come to town in five years. Also mentioned is LSW Champion, Mike Barton. Click here to see it.

- Returning for the event will be Joey Ryan. That's the only name I've heard.

Poll Of The Day

Today we're asking....

- PWInsider.com

---------------LSW NEWSLETTER---------------

LSW PRESENTS FAMILY AFFAIR

LSW comes to you LIVE from Ft. Worth, Texas, on November 19th, 2005. After the surprise appearance by Chavo Guerrero, Sr., and a tag match involving Eddie Guerrero and Mike Barton, LSW tore the house down at the Town Of Funk, Amarillo. Now,  LSW is set to do similar damage when we roll into Ft. Worth.

BRUCE STEELE vs QUICKSILVER - In tag action these two are fairly equal. However, these coast-to-coast rivals will now be tested in singles action.

JIMMY RAVE vs AZRAEL - Two of the hottest competitors in LSW will face off right here as Rave continues his hot streak and Azrael still pushes to be the top honcho. However, Gabriel has said he's still not done with him.

"SCRAP IRON" ADAM PEARCE vs ONYX - Onyx gets his first match against someone other than Andy Douglas. He will be facing Andy Douglas once again in two months, but now he must face the SoCal Old School Competitor, Adam Pearce.

JOEY RYAN vs DALLAS - Dallas may have been pinned in the Main Event last month, but he does not plan to lose momentum when he takes on the returning Joey Ryan.

PETEY WILLIAMS vs RODERICK STRONG - Petey Williams gets another shot at entering the Top 4 Contenders here when he takes on the former LSW Champion once again after pinning him in the Three Way Dance last month. Will Petey finally recognize his spot in the Club?

ANDY DOUGLAS vs JOHN WALTERS - And our Main Event will see the newest Top 4 Contenders Club member take on the seemingly ever-retreating and cunning, Andy Douglas. Walters is set to, well, sett Douglas straight.

ALSO, Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Sr., Mike Barton, and more will be in the house!

Bell Time - 8:00 PM, Suggested Attendance Time - 7:00 PM

Tickets are $10 for Adults and $8 for Teens. Children are free, but be aware, some of the content on the show is not suitable for those under the age of thirteen (13). Children under said age are not admitted unless accompanied by an adult of eighteen (18) years or older with written consent from the parental guardian.

AS ALWAYS, ENJOY THE SHOW!

• 2 weeks later...

DARK MATCH RESULTS:

Billy Fives def. Billy Kim via The Lulaby - 56.2%

Tony Kozina def. David Babylon via Tornado DDT - 58.6%

Sedrick Strong def. Rainman via Shoulder Breaker - 56.5%

Jason Cross def. Rod Steel via The Idolizer - 56.3%r

user posted image

We open up again at the backstage studio where your hosts Terry Taylor and Ron Niemi are sitting on stools next to a television set with the LSW Logo on it and "Wait" playing. As the sound turns off our announcers begin speaking.

Taylor: Another months brings more, OH SO HOT Lonestar State Wrestling action! Hello, everybody, I'm "The Doc", Terry Taylor, and with me as always is...

Niemi: THE MAN WHO'S DOWN LIKE A CLOWN CHARLIE BROWN, RON NIEMI!

Taylor: Nice to be in the studio again, 'ey Ron?

Niemi: You know that it's always YOUR pleasure, when we're here.

Taylor: You're quite the egotist, Ron. So much so, that I'll stroke your ego and let you say what's on for tonight.

Niemi: Quit it, Terry... Let's leave this PG-13.

Taylor: That's what I me---

Niemi: BUT SURE! I'll introduce the stuff like only I can! Tonight... oooh tonight, folks! If you're missing this show, you're foolish! But, I guess, since you're missing it... then... you're not hearing what I say... Either way, it's still effective! We have a nice compilation of great matches we just can't wait to show you, including Onyx versus Adam Pearce, Jimmy Rave versus Azrael, Joey Ryan returning against Dallas, and our HOT Main Event, John Walters versus Andy Douglas. PLUUUUS MORE! You've just gotta check it out... HELL! Let's start the show!

Bruce Steele w/Jared Steele vs Quicksilver w/Phoenix Star

The crowd got started with some mild heat for both competitors, but it got the ball rolling. The Silver Stars came out first and got a nice reception from the crowd in attendance. They slapped hands with the fans and Silver slid into the ring as Star clapped on the outside trying to get the crowd to give him more heat. Before there could be any heat to be had the sounds of the music of the Steeles played and the crowd began to boo away at them. They placed their heads together before the ring and spoke a few words, high-fived each other, then Bruce rolled in.

Quicksilver got on the early offense here pounding away at Bruce as he tried to get up from rolling in. Silver whipped him and hit a quick knee to the gut causing Steele to flip on over. Silver continued to long streak of offense for a few minutes, not really hitting many notable moves as he was aiming to go through with quick offense, but nothing that will tire him out so fast.

Maybe if he did use some of those big moves the following wouldn't have happened, as Steele was able to overcome a "10 Punch In The Corner", at five when he grabbed Silver's waist and hit a DEVASTATING spinebuster on him. A quick elbow drop follow-up keeps Silver down long enough for Steele to get a bit of breath and help him continue to make a comeback. Steele uses a more power-based offense here to wear out Silver.

To set-up the ending, both men were really getting at it after Steele had his momentum in the spotlight. It seemed that both men were so tired from the respective punishment they took, that all they could do was try and knock each other off their feet. Nothing really to name here as both men would just hit each other feircely, but nothing huge.

Ending: The ending was the best part of the match, not in the sad way. The crowd was fired up to see some high intensity that these guys bring in their tag matches. Mainly because their partners got involved. A wild clothesline ended up slamming referee Johnson down on the mat and pure chaos erupted. First, Jared slid in and the double team of Quicksilver began, but didn't last very long at all as Phoenix Star joined in the fray. Star was fought off, and The Steeles were able to cream Silver with a Spike Powerbomb. Bruce covered for the pin, but Johnson was still out. Bruce got up and began to shove the referee to wake up. Jared began to sneak back into the ring, but Star burst out of nowhere and speared Jared out of the ring through the middle rope with such force that he took himself down there as well. Quicksilver groggily got up and once Bruce turned around he was layed out with a superkick. Silver slowly crawled up to the turnbuckle and came off with the Silver Bullet giving him the three count despite Jared trying to crawl into the ring to save his "brother".

Winner: Quicksilver

Match Reaction = 40.8%

Match Quality = 61.2%

Overall Rating = 51.1%

Taylor: And Quicksilver picks up the victory over Bruce Steele.

Niemi: That match was NUTS in the end! It's incredible how much these two teams just don't like each other.

Taylor: I agree whole-heartedly, and I also agree that it's a relief to see the very talented Joey Ryan back in our ring.

Niemi: You said it, Doc! He'll be facing the big man... the "unofficial" partner of Mike Barton... DALLAS!

Dallas vs Joey Ryan

Out first was everyone's least favorite big man, Dallas, to a resounding amount of boo's. Next out was a Ryan who got a nice pop mostly due to his return. He met the big man in the ring and they began to exchange words.

Dallas immediately began to pound away at Ryan beginning this relatively short match. He used his size to his advantage keeping Ryan down with slow, but hard hitting and methodical moves that can wear anyone down real quick. Ryan was no exception to this because well, he's a human. Dallas tossed him around a bit getting some heat from the crowd.

Positive heat set in when the tough Joey Ryan began to fight back against the big man. He used some excellent wrestling moves to take the match to a nice new notch. He took the ball and ran with it and actually showed he is pretty strong when he needs to be. Now, he's pretty quick, not as fast as a few others on the roster, but compared to Dallas, he's the second coming of Speedy Gonzales.

Ending: Dallas seemed to get frustrated as he continued to get pummeled by the SoCal native, and finally just EXPLODED with a MASSIVE clothesline that nearly beheaded Ryan and actually echoed throughtout the arena. Both men struggled to get up and after about forty-five seconds both were on their feet. Ryan, however, ended up back on the mat when Dallas nearly took his head off agrain with a Big Boot getting him the quick victory.

Winner: Dallas

Match Reaction = 43.0%

Match Quality = 65.8%

Overall Rating = 52.0%

Taylor: WOW! Dallas just MAULED Ryan at the end of that match!

Niemi: See? That's what I love about Dallas. When you see him motivated, the man is a Weapon Of Devastation.

Taylor: Can't disagree with you there, but you know who is also a weapon ready to explode?

Niemi: Whooooo?

Taylor: The New York Bad-Boy, Onyx! The match that is coming up is pretty much a huge clash of styles as we have full on brawling against old school tecnicality. I can't wait to see this... Onyx, Pearce, now!

Onyx vs "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce

These two got by far the biggest reactions of the night thus far. The glitter fell and the classic music began to play. The crowd knowing what was coming began boo'ing even before he could step out. Pearce stepped through the curtain, his hands stretched out a bit as if he were catching the glitter. He gave a pose to the crowd and then game them a wrongful gesture. He gave his quasi-famous strut down the hall. The crowd suddenly began cheering. His eyes opened wide a bit and he began smiling at the crowd.

He began to wave at them and then dropped like a ton of bricks. Orlando Jordan had just clotheslined him! He picked Pearce up and slammed his head on the barricade then began using boxing punches all over Pearce's mid-section. OJ ripped of Pearce's jacket and chopped him in the chest three times consecutively then made his stomach eat knee. However, Jordan didn't let him fall. Instead he followed that up with a knee to the face making Pearce collapse on the hallway. OJ picked him up and roleld the heaving SoCal worker into the ring. Jordan left seemingly satisfied.

The crowd went nuts when Onyx's music hit the PA and the man finally made his way out. Onyx stepped into the ring and glared over at Pearce, trying to catch his breath in one of the corners. Onyx signals to the crowd asking them if he should let Pearce take a little break. The crowd, of course, responds negatively, but Onyx decides to just wait instead... NOT! Onyx does stand down and Pearce thanks him, but it's only for a second before Onyx then rushes over and rams his knee in the face of Pearce. Pearce rolls out of the ring in agony yelling at Onyx. Onyx screams at him to get back in the ring and Pearce motions as if he were to be leaving.

Onyx turns around obviously disappointed and the crafty Pearce rolls back in, blindsiding him. Pearce begins to work him over, but the effects of the earlier attack have torn into him and he isn't running on a full gas tank so it has hindered his mobility throughout the attacks.

This is his true downfall, as Onyx is able to pretty easily get back into the match after a short string of a few moves. Pearce tried going for a suplex, but his chest gave in due to the punches from earlier and he was forced to release Onyx. Onyx used a quick paced style of brawling to get right back in on this. Pearce ends up on the receiving end of a grade A beating from a man who has been hungry for action for months now.

Pearce, somehow, finds his way back to the match through ring presence a nice bit of experience, but it doesn't last too long as he has taken too much of a beating and is too far gone to properly regain control of the match.

Ending: Pearce went for a German Suplex, but Onyx held his ground and put down Pearce with a neckbreaker variation of the Diamond Cutter. He then started signaling to the crowd as they got on their feet, pumped up. Pearce slowly got up right into the Blaq Out giving Onyx the victory.

Winner: Onyx

Match Reaction = 44.0%

Match Quality = 67.4%

Overall Rating = 61.6%

Taylor: And Onyx finally get's a proper... well, semi-proper, match out of an opponent here!

Niemi: Don't you dare give this win solely to Onyx, Taylor. If it wasn't for Orlando Jordan, then Pearce would've put up more of a fight.

Taylor: I don't doubt it, Ron. Jordan made his presence felt and I think Pearce realizes that the man labeled "Legit" is not done with him just yet.

Niemi: He needs self-control...

Taylor: You would never say the same thing if Pearce did it.

Niemi: Well, after this, Pearce has every right to do it!

Taylor: Whatever you say, Ron... Next up, we have a high-stakes challenge for our champion, Mike Barton...

Tape vs Title

The scene cuts backstage where we catch Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero, Jr. discussing something.

Chavo: See, Eddie? This is what I'm talking about. You're coming into this match too wrecklessly!

Eddie: Orale, man! You may be my older brother, but I know what's good for me, more than you do!

Chavo: Oh yeah? Well, watch this!

Eddie, who is holding the Barton tape in his hand, is forced to relinquish it when Chavo takes it from him. He rushes out onto the stage and power walks down the hall into the ring for a pretty nice pop. Eddie follows him out, a bit slower, getting an IMMENSE pop from the crowd. He tries to focus his attention on Chavo, but the crowd's reaction whips him into a frenzy and he begins to play to them all. Chavo grabs a mic while in the ring.

Chavo: Barton! I challenge you!

The words echo'ed through the arena. Eddie stopped in his tracks and in astonishment turned his head slowly to the ring. Chavo stood his ground straight-up, and Eddie rushed in there and began yelling at Chavo.

Chavo: E-Eddie! Eddie! CALM DOWN, EDDIE! Eddie, just like you can make your own decisions, as can I. I am challenging you, Barton! I am challenging you to a match, here, tonight, in Ft. Worth! If you accept, please step out.

There was a moment of silence throughout the arena. A fan was even audible when he yelled "YOU CRAZY!". Eddie was shaking his head whilst looking at the ground feeling sorry for what was to overcome his brother if the challenge was accepted. Low and behold the sirens screamed through the arena. The boo's were overpowering and Eddie was just going berzerk that Barton had the gaul to accept the challenge. Barton came out once the slow rock music played and he stepped down the hall and into the ring, never once taking his eyes off Chavo. He got right in Chavo's face. Eddie immediately got in between and pushed Barton away and got in his face. They got in an argument, but Chavo broke it up.

Chavo: HEY! HEY! STOP! STOP RIGHT NOW!

Eddie and Barton glare at each other, but don't make any moves at each other as Chavo continues.

Chavo: Barton... I'm challenging you to a match tonight for that title...

Barton turns his head over to Chavo and immediately begins to deny him the time of day.

Chavo: I know it gives you everything to lose, but I'm willing to put this on the line.

Chavo waves the tape at Barton and Barton's face shows signs of reconsidering and questioning. Eddie begins to go crazy yelling at Chavo.

Chavo: If... If... STOP EDDIE! If you are willing to put that title on the line tonight, I will put this tape on the line. You win, you can have it. I win I get the title.

Eddie continues to scream at Chavo, and Barton takes the mic.

Barton: Accepted.

Barton glares over at Eddie and yells out "FEAR THE THREAT" and then steps out of the ring and through the curtains to the back. Eddie yells a bit at Barton then begins yelling at Chavo again as we cut back to the studio.

Overall Rating = 53.0%

Taylor: Looks like we have a new match for tonight! Chavo against Barton in a Tape versus Title match!

Niemi: And Eddie seems none to happy about it either.

Taylor: Well, I'm sure he doesn't want to face his brother at the Anniversary Show if he were to win.

Niemi: He also risks the tape, one of the prime ways that Eddie can get into Barton's head.

Taylor: It'll hurt Eddie, but Eddie is tough. He can still beat him even if the tape is lost.

Niemi: I dunno', Doc. It might be too tough...

Taylor: Well, we'll have to see. Speaking of tough, we got Jimmy Rave up next!

Niemi: That's a fact. We got Jimmy Rave against Azrael!

Jimmy Rave vs Azrael

The sounds of Rave's music hit and out he ran sliding into the ring while the crowd gave him a pretty nice reception. He jumped around a bit in the ring anxiously awaiting his opponent. He came out not too soon after. As he walked down to the ring with a bit a boo's, not too much, not too little he was met with a rude awakening.

Instead of being able to enter the ring, he fell flat on his back because of a flying body press on the part of Jimmy Rave. Rave tossed around Azrael all over the outside like if the match had actually begun. I think Rave has just lost it.

After tearing Az a new hole, Az fought back after a low blow to do the same exact thing right back to Rave. Az, however, was smart enough to actually bring the fight into the ring to finally have the bell take its toll and have pin falls count.

It seemed that it only took those few seconds of rolling Rave in for Rave to reawaken the beast and begin pounding away at Az, but this time he was able to use the ring to his advantage using the ropes and turnbuckles as often as possible.

Az got right back into it and practically began mimicking Rave's style to wear into Rave. It actually did seem to work! Rave was finally feeling the effects of heavy offense.

Of course, Rave never goes down without a fight and once again mounted a big comeback. Rave used some bigger "name" moves here with a hurricarana and Reverse Tornado DDT and the like.

Ending: In a match where momentum was short, but effective, these two men obviously came in for a fight and to prove that they aren't just "some wrestlers". Rave ended it when Azrael tried for a spin kick, Rave ducked it, and came from behind with a Dragon Suplex for the victory. As Rave's music played, Gabriel was standing at the stage area glaring over at a fallen Azrael and clapping for Jimmy Rave. Az looked up for a second and stared angrily at Gabriel.

Winner: Jimmy Rave

Match Reaction = 38.2%

Match Quality = 64.8%

Overall Rating = 55.3%

Taylor: Another victory is notched under Rave's belt as he beats the up-and-coming Azrael.

Niemi: I'm making a prediction. Alright... Here it is... Keep this for the record, Doc.... By this time next year, Jimmy Rave will be in the Top 4 Contenders Club. Cout on it!

Taylor: You might be on to something there. The way that this kis is impressing, there's no telling how fortunate his future is or how much he'll impress next. He may even have the Heavyweight Title by this time next year. Who knows?

Niemi: Well, I know one thing. It's time for a T4CC Qualifier match. Roderick Strong defends his spot against Petey Williams once again!

Roderick Strong vs "Canadian Phenom" Petey Williams

Now we have the hottest crowd thus far with these two. Roderick Strong came out to a nice pop that actually lasted until he finally reached the ring. That is when the Canadian National Anthem took over the PA. Petey drew the most heat of all the heels that appeared tonight thus far and it really showed. He rolled into the ring and both competitors began to jaw off at each other.

A shoving contest ensued that ended up in both men trading blows. The first few minutes of the match was pretty evened out between these two awesome talents. Say, a two move set was hit by Strong, Petey would then come back with that and then some. It worked both ways and the crowd was starting to pick up steam after the level exchange.

The straw that broke the constant shift in momentum came with a beautiful enziguiri to the face of Strong on the part of the Canadian Phenom. He kept Strong at ease with various plexes and submission holds.

His momentum didn't last too long as during a Boston Crab, Strong reached the ropes and began climbing his way up. The sudden reach for the top rope immediately caused Petey to fall forward on his face and it had the crowd laughing. Petey shot back up and began to yell at the crowd to shut up, but went down after a bulldog attempt. Strong fiercely began to boot away at Petey's back, which then became the focus of Strong's attack. During this rather long-ish run with the momentum he hit a total of three backbreaker variations and continued to just wrench at Petey's back. A very smart move as this would pretty much hinder Petey throughout the rest of the match.

However, it didn't hold him down. Petey was able to get out of another backbreaker attempt and hit a leg sweep to take down Strong. Petey hit a hip toss once Strong got up and came off the second ropes with a Tornado DDT and the close fall right after that.

After a few more moves it became total carnage in the ring. Both guys just started going at it just like in their past two confrontations and earlier in the match. The deseperation of Petey began to show as he would get frustrated after every pin attempt. He even tried pinning Strong three times in a row with no moves to be had in between.

Ending: Petey was able to get Strong with a HARD gutwrench to keep him on the mat for a while. Petey slid to the outside and grabbed a chair. He slid in and threatened to hit Strong. Johnson took the chair and warned Petey as Strong began to get up. Johnson began to put the chair back while Petey grabbed the Canadian flag from the corner and BROKE it over Strong's head! He disgracefully threw his own flag out and and pinned Strong. Johnson immediately slid in to make the three count! Petey beats Strong and is now in the Top 4 Contenders Club! Petey begins to jump for joy as the crowd boo's him on. He rolls out and grabs his precious flag saying "sorry" to it and seemingly petting it. We go back to the studio where Petey is still celebrating on the monitor.

Winner: Petey Williams

Match Reaction = 48.2%

Match Quality = 73.4%

Overall Rating = 66.0%

Taylor: Oh my gosh! I can't believe this! He disgraced his own flag to win a spot in the club!

Niemi: Sometimes you gotta make sacrifices, Doc.

Taylor: Well, I don't like this one bit... In fact I'll go on record in saying...

Voice: PETEY! PETEY WILLIAMS!

Taylor: What the? Let's go back to the arena for a second here...

More Anniversary Matches

As we head back to the arena, Petey looks a bit confused and looks over to the ring to see Strong still getting attended to, so it isn't him calling out his name. Suddenly, the same silhoutte from last month appears on the big screen.

Figure: Petey, congratulations. I'd like to congratulate you on two things. The first, of course, is winning the match. Great job... The second being... FOR PISSING ME OFF! Petey, you may have won, but you are NOT. I repeat... NOT in the Top 4 Contender's Club.

Back in the hallway, Petey is livid yelling obscenities at the big screen.

Figure: Fact is, I've enjoyed your matches with Strong, Petey. It also seems that he and I aren't the only men you've pissed off. John Walters was mighty pissed off after losing the Three Way Dance last month. Since we can't get an official declaration of the winners between you and Strong, I decided to make the next rematch for two months from now. That's right at the Anniversary Show you and Strong will once again face off... with John Walters as the special enforcer. Only pin falls and submissions can win you the match, as well. However, if you use a weapon or anything illegal you are barred from ever competing for the Top 4 Contenders Club again. I'm not taking a chance at all with this, Petey. We WILL have an official and CLEAN winner! As far as next month... you have John Walters in a match.

Petey is as disgruntled as ever. He storms through the curtain and all that is shown now is the silhoutte.

Figure: As far as other matches go. We will see Adam Pearce and Orlando Jordan face off once again to finally resolve those issues and have Azrael and Gabriel vent out their frustrations as well. Thank you. See you all next month.

Overall Rating = 48.6%

Taylor: WOW! Three more excellent matches set for the Anniversary show and we're still two months away!

Niemi: This new commish has his ups and downs, but I really like his ups. He's constructing a quality card on just his first few shows!

Taylor: He seems to have a great mindset for the job. You have to give him his kudos on that.

Niemi: And I am! But right now we gotta watch a match that he didn't book! Barton defends his title, and Chavo defend's his brother's tape. Let's do it!

LSW Heavyweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero, Sr. w/Eddie Guerrero vs "The Threat" Mike Barton ©

"LATINO MACHIIIISMO" is heard the crowd goes nuts as the Guerreros step out. Chavo is ahead of Eddie, carrying the tape in his hands. Eddie looks bummed, but still cheerful for his brother in this match. Chavo handed the timekeeper the tape and then rolled into the ring. He warmed up a bit as Eddie stood on the outside clapping. The massive boo's came in when the sirens once again filled the arena and the slow rock played. Barton walked down the ramp with a determined and angry look on his face, as per usual. He steps into the ring, points at Eddie, yells something at him, then hands over the title to the referee.

Chavo stepped up to Barton and offered a handshake. Barton goes to shake it, but fakes him out and slams a fist right to the face of Chavo. Barton began by playing around with Chavo. He basically tossed Chavo around like if he was just another light-weight. You could also tell he was enjoying it because he wasn't as angry as usual. He was angry, but not as angry.

He seemed to have underestimated Chavo's prowess as when the crowd pushed to get him back in the match, Chavo delivered. At least, for a bit. He showed Barton what a true veteran of the ring can do. He actually was able to gather enough strength to take down Barton with some nice suplexes.

Now Barton was angry. He realized that he had just been duped into believing that Chavo didn't have much left in him due to a rather poor performance in the tag match last month. Barton really tore into Chavo now, even popping him open with a wild right hand to the forehead. Eddie got on the apron and began yelling at Barton. Barton turns and sticks Eddie right in the face knocking him off the apron. The punishment continued for another while before Eddie tried to get in and the referee had to stop him.

Ending: While Johnson was distracted, Chavo got up and hit a low blow on Barton from behind getting a nice pop from the crowd and he followed it with a bulldog. Chavo had a fierce look in his eyes as he told Barton to get up. While Barton was on the floor he was taking off his left glove. He slowly got up and the second he turned around swung and hit the right target with a HARD Heart Punch. Johnson turned once he heard the loud thud of Chavo falling and counted the three count. Eddie got the tape and began to walk away. Barton saw this and furiously grabbed a microphone.

Winner and STILL Heavyweight Champion: Mike Barton ©

Match Reaction = 51.4%

Match Quality = 52.4%

Overall Rating = 50.5%

Taylor: Eddie is leaving with the tape! He doesn't want to relinquish it to Barton!

Niemi: That's not fair! The stipulations were set, he can't just back out of the deal now!

Eddie Gives In

Eddie was walking slowly up the hallway and Barton began to scream into the mic. The camera panned over to the ring to see Barton holding a bloody and unconscious Chavo in a chinlock.

Barton: EDDIE! EDDIE! DON'T YOU DARE! EDDIE I SWEAR TO YOU I'LL DO IT!

Eddie turns around to see what Barton was talking about and his eyes widen.

Barton: I'LL SNAP HIS NECK LIKE A TWIG, EDDIE! WE HAD A DEAL! THE DEAL WAS SET IN STONE AND CHAVO LOST FAIR AND SQUARE! YOU BETTER GIVE ME THAT TAPE, EDDIE!

Eddie looks at the crowd and then at Barton. He looks down and sighs then begins to march back to the ring.

Barton: That's right. I knew you'd give in. You're just a big softy aren't you, boy?

Eddie angrily looks at Barton and slides the tape at his direction. Barton looks at the tape, then at Eddie, then down at Chavo. He slams the mic on Chavo's head causing Eddie to slide in, but Barton quickly grabs the tape and slides out. He continues to yell at Eddie to "FEAR THE THREAT" as Eddie attends to his brother and Barton's music plays him out.

Overall Rating = 66.2%

Taylor]: And Eddie was forced to give up the tape so that his brother wouldn't be hurt anymore then Barton takes a cheap shot. That was horrible...

Niemi: Eddie PROVOKED him to do it! He was about to just leave like if it was right to do so.

Taylor: Eddie did what was asked of him! He delivered and Barton took a cheap shot! That's all there is to it!

Niemi: The way I see it, the action was justified.

Taylor: That's a sickening thought, Ron. How could you think like that?

Niemi: My thoughts are fine, Doc! And you know what else is fine! The Main Event, baby! We have Andy Douglas and John Walters... NEXT!!!

John Walters vs "The Natural" Andy Douglas

This would be the best match of the night. The crowd was pretty much sucked dry though from the previous match, but they still had their ups and downs in this excellent display of wrestling. Andy Douglas was out first to a significant amount of boo's from the crowd, but he shook it off. He rolled into the ring and still raised his fists in the air despite the negative reaction of the crowd, then laughed and told them to "F' Off". The crowd did begin to cheer much greater for John Walters, though, when his music hit. He slapped hands with the fans on the way down to the ring.

He slid in and fell victim to an immediate elbow drop from Andy Douglas. Douglas was stuck on him like white on rice for the first few minutes of the bout, actually using the Boston Native's technical style of wrestling.

The downfall would come when he tried to do a Tornado DDT. You don't just do a Tornado DDT on a man that has a nickname of The Hurricane. Douglas did the one eighty degree turn but ended up landing on his feet and with some great strength Walters lifted him up and over into a beautiful Northern Lights Suplex. Now, Walters had the longer run of the momentum here by just really punishing Douglas for his cowardess recently. He hit a nice string of various suplexes going from vertical to belly to back, keeping Douglas grounded for most of the time.

Douglas wasn't about to just give up, though. An attempted Belly To Belly was foiled when Douglas had his right arm loose and he was able to hang on tight to the top rope. Walters struggled a bit to get him up, but a headbutt would cause him to fall back HARD on one of the attempts as it mixed his own momentum in trying to lift Douglas back and the impact of which the head hit. Needless to say, he was a bit dazed after the blow and Douglas took full on advantage of the situation. He began using a more quick paced high flying style in this part of the match to keep Walters from literally getting two breaths.

A rana attempt ended badly for Douglas as in a sort of desperation Walters came down fast with a sit-out powerbomb. Both men layed down for a while, but got up eventually and began to trade fists. Walters grabbed one of the arms and took him down in a type of arm-bar, but Douglas slid through and was able to lock a variation leg lock on him. Walters rolled through there and then locked Andy's ankle. Douglas reached the ropes and now each man tried to one up each other in suplexes and slams.

Neither would claim the advantage until the previously failed Belly To Belly came into effect and Douglas was taken down with it. Another great technical display on the part of Walters was seen here and the crowd finally began to get into the match.

It was weird, but the climax came right here towards the end. The reason being that both men really began to shift momentums here and move real quickly. A neckbreaker attempt saw Douglas regain momentum as he stood his ground and let Walters fall following it with another elbow drop, but this time to the chest. He used some quick moves here, but eventually had to relinquish momentum again.

He tried to use a slingshot cross body, but Walters ducked it and kicked Douglas right in the teeth with a MEAN soccer kick.  This caused the crowd to "OOOOOOOOOH" and Walters took it in stride by doing it AGAIN! It got a louder reaction and now he got back to tossing Douglas around like salad. He became a bit more fierce and it helped propel the crowd to begin standing.

Ending: They somehow felt the ending was getting close, and it sure was. Walters pretty much had this match in the bag as he came off the top with a BIG Superplex. Suddenly, DALLAS of all people got in the ring and hit Walters with a HUGE Big Boot! The referee called for the bell and Douglas was DQ'ed, but Dallas continued to slam rights and lefts into the fallen carcass of Walters. Douglas got up and yelled at Dallas to REALLY pound into him. This lasted for about thirty seconds when Onyx ran in with a chain wrapped around his hand. He slid in and Douglas with Dallas scattered. They yelled at Onyx, but Onyx isn't one of those guys that like to stay in the ring after coming for a save. The crazy bastard actually got out of the ring and chase the two through the curtain while swinging the chain around.

Winner: John Walters by DQ

Match Reaction = 37.7%

Match Quality = 78.6%

Overall Rating = 55.6%

Taylor: Why would Dallas interfere in the match?!

Niemi: That's not important right now! Onyx could be killing those men with that chain!

Taylor: Are we seeing an alliance between Andy Douglas and Dallas?

Niemi: The chain, Doc! The chain!

Taylor: I saw the chain, Ron! Folks, another wild show brought to you by LSW! I'm Terry Taylor, that's Ron Niemi, see you next month, right here!

Show Rating: 56.0% (+1.9%)

Attendance: 5,265 (+459)

Edited by LivingLegend

Hot, Hot Show. I'm looking forward to the Anniversary show. Excellent build up. As for the mystery commissioner, makes me wonder who it is.

Mike Barton is easily becoming my favorite heel in this diary. The whole threatening Eddie with Chavo's life was great stuff. Keep up the good work.

LSW News And Notes On Training Camp, Possible New Referees, MANY TV Spots, and More

- First of all, the new LSW DVD is in stock. It is entitled Family Affair and is one of the better LSW shows to date headlined by one of the better LSW matches pitting John Walters against Andy Douglas. Purchase it here.

- LSW has finally found their home when it comes to Training Camps. It looked grim at the beginning of the month as both former territories in the north that used to house the ROH and IWC Training Camps denied them the lease. However, they then looked on over to the former TNA Training Camp in Tennesse. Chavo added some of his own money to the offer that LSW was giving, and they got the lease! Now, Chavo's contract is in the negotiation process and should be renewed with him becoming head trainer and owner of the newly renamed "Man Of War (Guerrero) Academy". Tennesse has always been a huge hotbed for talent, and I'm sure many impressive young wrestlers will come out of it.

- An update on the mystery commissioner reveals pretty much nothing. The word making the rounds is that he's Canadian and is pretty much an unknown in the U.S. It is said that they are trying to build his character before anyone judges him on appearance, which is a pretty smart move on the part of the company. Petey Williams was said to be the link to him getting the job.

- Negotiations for new referees have begun and LSW has contacted Rudy Charles, the former TNA referee, and Charles "Little Naitch" Robinson, the former IWA: Mid-South referee. Mark Johnson has done an excellent job, but LSW feel they'll need a variety of refs to cover more work soon. They will probably not be working until the Annivesary show if they do come to deals.

- Three men in the LSW roster are going to be very busy in the upcoming weeks with a total of NINE television spots. First, Eddie Guerrero is on Jimmy Kimmel Live on November 30th. December 3rd will see Mike Barton appear on Last Call with Carson Daly. The next night, December 4th, Eddie Guerrero will be doing a segment on MADtv. LIVE With Regis and Kelly will have Petey Williams on the show two days after on December 6th. Mike Barton will then make another appearance, this time on the Late Late Show wtih Craig Kilborn on December 9th. Eddie Guerrero will make his third tv spot a tough one when he goes on Real Time with Bill Maher on December 17th, the day of the LSW show. Tough traveling for him that day.  LIVE with Regis and Kelly will be getting another LSW guest when Mike Barton makes a stop on December 19th. That will be followed by another Late Late Show appearance, this time with Eddie Guerrero on December 22nd. Finally, Petey Williams will tape a segment for MADtv on December 23rd that will air the next night on Christmas Eve, December 24th. That is an amazing amount of press for LSW that has been extremely popular in the DVD market. When they do get a TV deal I see them becoming huge very fast.

- Speaking of which, the negotiations will begin in January. That's right, once January rolls around LSW is going to start negotiations with TV networks to see if they're interested in adopting their product for television. It would be an excellent move as the only company on television right now is NWA:TNA.

- LSW is coming to Houston on December 17th and the Houston Enquirer ran a story on it. It talked mainly about Mike Barton and his return to American wrestling the past year. It's an interesting read. You can check it out right here.

- Returning for the event will be Billy Fives.

Poll Of The Day

Today we're asking....

- PWInsider.com

Eddie Guerrero On Jimmy Kimmel Live! Report

Josh Mancini sent this one... Eddie Guerrero appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night. He came off real well and joked around with Jimmy a whole lot. Most of the interview was pretty much about jokes on the road. Towards the end Eddie got to talk about LSW, how they really want to bring in Terry Funk, but can't, and plugged the Anniversary show. Eddie came off as a very laid back and funny guy.

Mike Barton On Last Call Report

Az Rael sent this one... Mike Barton was on Last Call with Carson Daly last night. Most of the interview was a joke with Carson telling how scared he was of Barton because he is a big man. Barton made threatful jokes, but the interview came off alright. Barton plugged the Anniversary show and the interview was over. Barton seemed kinda nervous.

Eddie Guerrero On MADtv Report

Craig sent this one... Eddie Guerero did a funny segment for MADtv last night inolving a Mexican West Side Story skit. It was about Mexican Gangsters in a Gang War with sing-a-longs. It was quite funny and Eddie was pure gold.

Petey Williams On LIVE With Regis And Kelly Report

Thu G. Anomic sent in this one... This morning I turned on LIVE With Regis and Kelly and caught it right on time to see Petey Williams on the show. He talked about how important wrestling is in Canada. He came off very knowledgeable on many things he would say and was very laid back. They showed clips of the Canadian Destroyer and Regis quickly backed out of the werstling session where Regis was "supposed" to take the Canadian Destroyer. Petey joked that he made the right choice. Petey came out pretty good and was able to talk about the Anniversary show also.

Mike Barton On The Late Late Show Report, Backstage Fight At TNA Action

Jimmy J. Johansenn, Jr. sent this one in... I looked around the site and saw no reports, so I figured I'd send one. Mike Barton was on the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn two nights ago. The interview came off okay at best as Kilborn didn't seem to really know what he was talking about, and Barton seemed rather nervous throughout as he really couldn't play off of Craig. They talked about wrestling in Japan and how different it is from American wrestling. He got to plug the Annivesary show and that was that.

Apparently, in one of the most humorous stories I've heard all year, Sean Waltman and Leon "Vader" White actually got in a scuffle after the Main Event, which saw Waltman lose to Jericho when Vader interfered, when Waltman accused White of being late to interfere. Vader took offense and threatened Waltman, but Waltman stood his ground and tried to shove Vader. Vader kept his ground and he pushed Waltman back onto some trash cans nearby. Officials then seperated both men before anything else could happen. No word on what the reprecussions of the fight may be.

Eddie Guerrero On Real Time With Bill Maher Report

William Swirldagger sent this one... Last night, Eddie Guerrero was interviewed by Bill Maher on his show "Real Time". Guerrero came off amazing in the interview actually making Maher speechless after relentlessly mocking wrestling. Eddie kept his composure and used his vast experience to really wow Maher and Maher actually gave him credit for Eddie. Eddie also came out very witty and when Maher said there was no future in wrestling Eddie quipped that Maher should check out work from Joe Higuchi, a pioneer of Japanese Wrestling, and what he and a bunch of wrestlers did to establish wrestling in Japan and how he just recently retired from working in the office of NOAH. Excellent interview.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 11:51 A.M.

The meeting was wrapping up. As I looked at all my colleagues around the table I thought to myself how great this was. I looked at the three musketeers, rather my booking/writing team of Robert Bowman, Pete DiNicola, and John Giamundo. The three of them have been loyal to me since the start and are great guys to work with. Kurt Schnieder and Benito Vasquez were sitting across from them, my production crew for every show and DVD. They are also awesome guys. The incomperable Jane Ross sat right next to me and of course the other head honcho sat at the top of the table. The man, the myth, Eddie Guerrero. We all were lost in thought. Eddie broke the silence.

Eddie: Tell you what.

Everyone collectively looked towards his direction. We eagerly anticipated what he had to say.

Eddie: We still have another month to think about it, so we'll discuss this again at the Post-Show Meeting tomorrow morning back in El Paso. We got a show to run tonight, and can't have our minds clogged with all this. We gotta deliver to the fans. So, we'll leave it for tomorrow. See you all then.

Everyone closed their duatangs and stood up. As they left I noticed Eddie approaching me.

Eddie: Sean...

Sean: Yeah?

Eddie: This is the last show of the year... We can't afford to screw this up.

Sean: I know.

Eddie: No, you don't understand, man. We have the top TV Executives in the audience tonight! ABC, CBS, NBC, SpikeTV, USA, and others are going to be in the skybox areas. We need to deliver top notch tonight.

Sean: I don't think that'll be a problem, Eddie. We got a talented group of guys that almost surely deliver every night.

Eddie: ...Yeah... You're probably right. Good luck, man.

Eddie stepped through the doors, I stood my ground. The second the door closed I crumbled down back into my seat. Jane looked over at me.

Jane: What's the matter, sir?

Sean: This is way too much pressure, Jane.

Jane: Oh, come on, sir! What about the time you got the DVD Distributors to buy your product right away?!

I stared at her blankly. I couldn't remember such a feat. As I tried to remember I realized that it must've been at a time before I woke up into this reality. Poor Jane, she had no idea that her constant words of encouragement were falling on mute ears.

Jane: With such excellent talent at your disposal, you should be able to make a great show! If you can't come up with anything tonight then you don't deserve any of the success you've had all this year! Sir, you can do this!

I stared at her. The thoughts gloomed over my head and I somewhat realized what she was trying to say.

Sean: Ms. Ross, can you give me 5?

Jane: Sure.

Jane stood up and walked out of the office. I layed my head back and looked at the roof of the meeting room. I sighed, but all of a sudden was startled by a voice.

Voice: You gotta relax.

I jumped up and looked around the room. I stood at the turned chair before me and it began to rotate. I was a bit scared, but was relieved at who I saw.

Muse: You DID conquer the DVD Distributors.

Sean: Phew... Am I glad to see you...

Muse: Listen, Sean. You have no worries tonight. You are going to do a great show because you CAN.

Sean: This is the eve of the Anniversary show and I gotta impress not only the fans, but TV execs, Muse. It's a lot to work with.

Muse: Well, you must impress the fans every month so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. It also seems to be working because the turn out for every event is even better as every month passes.

I began to raise some confidence within myself as he continued to speak. I could feel my inspiration to do this rising.

Muse: Trust in me like you have before. I have your back in all of this and we'll have a powerful show to impress those big shots. Are you with me?

I smiled for the first time in about a half hour after Pete DiNicola said a bad joke in the meeting.

Sean: Yeah... thanks.

The Muse snaps his fingers and was gone just like that. Jane peeked in opening the door just a bit.

Jane: Sorry to bother you, Mr. Walker. Mike Barton is in your office...

Sean: Great, I'll be there in a second.

Jane slowly closes the door and I look around the room.

Sean: Let's do this...

I closed my folder and walked out of the room with a big smile on my face.

LSW PRESENTS FINAL STRAW

Family Affair was a huge show that saw the Anniversary Show Card shape up even more. We now have Gabriel and Azrael, Orlando Jordan and Adam Pearce, and Roderick Strong and Petey Williams, with special enforcer, John Walters, all signed for the show bringing the total up to five matches set for the event headlined by the biggest match in LSW yet, Mike Barton versus Eddie Guerrero. With just one more show before we hit San Antonio for the show, we need to stop in Houston to rock the house on the final show of the year to be held on December 17, 2005.

PHOENIX STAR vs JARED STEELE - We saw their partners in action last month, now it's their turn. Will Star pick up the victory like his partner did, or will Jared avenge his brother?

BILLY FIVES vs ADAM PEARCE - Pearce may have lost to Onyx last month, but he has never been a man to be held down. We're sure he's furious that he must face Orlando Jordan once again at the Anniversary show, so it's going to be tough for the returning Billy Fives.

ORLANDO JORDAN vs AZRAEL - Speaking of the "Legit Athlete" he'll be in action once again tonight, this time against the rising Azrael on the eve of his grudge match against Gabriel.

ONYX & JIMMY RAVE vs ANDY DOUGLAS & DALLAS - Jimmy Rave keeps on winning and Onyx keeps on impressing. That's why they make the ultimate LSW team. They now face what seems to be a new alliance in The Natural and Dallas. The only stipulation to this match is that Onyx and Douglas are BARRED from touching each other before, during, or after the match. It should be interesting.

EDDIE GUERRERO vs ??? - Eddie has issued an open challenge to anyone who can give him a warm-up match. Barton has the night off. Who will pick up Eddie's challenge?

JOHN WALTERS vs PETEY WILLIAMS - Petey Williams cheated to win last month and was denied entrance into the Top 4 Contenders Club. He did put on a good enough performance to warrant a second rematch against Roderick Strong at the Anniversary Show for the position, however. Tonight he faces the man who will be the enforcer for said match. Roderick Strong will be watching in the wings as the Canadian Phenom tries not to piss Walters off too much.

ALSO, The Mystery Commissioner will make his final announcement for the Anniversary show and Chavo Guerrero, Sr. will be in the house!

Tickets are $10 for Adults and $8 for Teens. Children are free, but be aware, some of the content on the show is not suitable for those under the age of thirteen (13). Children under said age are not admitted unless accompanied by an adult of eighteen (18) years or older with written consent from the parental guardian.

• 2 weeks later...

DARK MATCH RESULTS:

Rainman def. Sedrick Strong via Spinesplitta - 54.3%

Joey Ryan def. Billy Kim via Top Rope Elbow Drop - 57.8%

Gabriel def. Mike Sullivan via Cradle To The Grave - 46.0%

Shawn Daivari def. "Straight Up Mike Batts, Jason Cross, & "Texas Rebel" Todd Sexton via Roll-Up With Tights On Batts In A 4 Corners Match - 60.8%

user posted image

"Wait" is playing on the background and that can only mean that we are heading to the studio. Terry Taylor and Ron Neimi are sitting in their respective seats, the monitor right beside them.

Taylor: Welcome one and all to the final show of the year and the final show before our excellent Anniversary show! I'm the Doctor, Terry Taylor and this is my colleague, Ron Niemi bringing to you some more hot LSW action.

Niemi: You said it all right there, Doc. Tonight, we got some more single action from half the Silver Stars and have the Steeles, an open challenge from Eddie Guerrero, and a HUGE Main Event seeing John Walters take on potential future Top 4 Contenders Club Member, Petey Williams. It's going to be intense!

Taylor: You said it! We are just a mere month away from our biggest show to date, so let's get this started!

Phoenix Star w/Quicksilver vs Jared Steele w/Bruce Steele

The first two to make their presence felt to the Houston crowd were the Steeles who got a moderately heel reaction which seems to get bigger by the show. A slightly better reaction came towards the Silver Stars as they made their way down the hall.

Star and Jared met in the ring with their partners cheering them on at opposite sides. A lock up would eminate and both men struggled to get the upper hand. Jared shoved Star to the corner, but Star quickly took advantage with some knees to the gut followed by a bulldog for the very early one count. Jared shot up and brawled Star down to the mat. As you can tell the match was evened out at the start.

It only turned in Star's favor when he was able to use his vast quickness to wriggle out of a suplex and plant Jared down on the mat with a twisting neckbreaker. Star used this obvious advantage to work on Jared's obvious disadvantage and used very quick paced moves to keep the man guessing.

A failed reverse DDT attempt when Jared held on to the ropes making Star fall on his butt caused Star to get punished even more with a massive clothesline follow-up. The bulk of the match came here when Steele would just keep the Mexico native grounded on the mat and not letting him use the majority of his offense. The crowd was getting on Jared's case and seemed to be getting restless.

That's when Star pulled of an amazing spinning wheel kick to the chin of Jared as they were running the ropes. Star used all sorts of high intense offense to try and get the crowd back into it, but it was a too little too late and it seemed that they were going to remain at a decent level for the rest of the match.

Ending: A springboard body press would cause Jared to fall back, but roll through and with amazing strength lift up Star and then immaediately release him back into a nice fallaway slam. Star stood up, but Bruce grabbed his foot on the outside allowing Jared to regain himself. Jared kicked Star in the gut and hit him with a DEVASTATING Brainbuster for the pin. Quicksilver slid in and jumped out with a body press on Bruce and the two teams began to brawl causing dark match wrestlers to come out and break them up as we headed back to the studio.

Winner: Jared Steele

Match Reaction = 41.4%

Match Quality = 57.9%

Overall Rating = 49.9%

Taylor: And Jared picks up the win, but I think if it wasn't for Bruce we'd still be having a match on our hands.

Niemi: Typical... real typical of you, Taylor. Always blame outside intereference or something like that.

Taylor: You can't tell me you didn't see what happened!

Niemi: I saw an excellent win by Jared Steele. That's exactly what I saw. Nothing more...

Taylor: Alright, Ron. Suit yourself. Let's just go on to Orlando Jordan taking on Azrael!

"Legit" Orlando Jordan vs Azrael

The Legit One was out first to get the crowd flowing as he's actually pretty well liked by the crowds. He's probably second only Eddie Guerrero in the pops that he gets. He slapped hands with the fans and once he got to the ring he began to shadow box a bit. He then took off his new entrance hoody vest and began to stretch a bit before his opponent made his way out. It wasn't too long before the gothic rock riffs filled the arena and a decent amount of boo's set in. Azrael stepped out down the hallway and into the ring.

Jordan was pacing around, but Azrael was a pissed off man and he immediately began to pound away at the former boxer. He used some quick offense much like Star did in the former match to wear out the slower competitor.

However, it didn't take Jordan that long to come back with a chinbuster after an attempted flatliner by Azrael. Jordan stomps away at the stunned Azrael and then quickly picks him up, whips him, and lands a discus clothesline for the one count. He used some good brawling skills throughout keeping Azrael on the defensive and not allowing him to move about the ring.

Even close quarters have their defects, so Azrael was able to use good wit to get the upperhand and land a nice bulldog reversing an attempted back suplex. Shades of a few minutes ago came across as Azrael now continued to slap OJ silly with various quick paced and high flying moves as the poor Florida native tried to catch up with him to no effect.

That was, of course, until a sucker punch right to the jaw caught Azrael straight after an attempted short arm clothesline. OJ tried to capitalize, but only got to hit a few moves before Az was back on the offensive.

Azreal seemed to be dominating this match now showing that he truly is a high prospect for LSW's future conquering one of the more popular stars with great intent and skill.

Ending: Azrael hit some key moves, but was blindsided by a very nice roundhouse kick to the gut by Jordan. Now, Jordan ran on pure adrentaline that solidified a very decent match here from both men as he went all out on the poor gothic prince. Azrael tried to mount a comeback, but a few lefts to his guts were in order. It seemed Jordan was like a man posessed by hitting three moves for every one move that Azrael tried. Az actually got in a kick to the gut, tried to follow it with a DDT, but Jordan hit a HUGE Northern Lights Suplex, bridged for the three count. Jordan rolled out of the ring to celebrate with the fans. The camera panned to see Gabriel at the entranceway once again clapping on at Azrael's defeat. Jordan pointed at him smiling. Azrael, on the other hand, was shaking the cobwebs and when he noticed Gabriel off in the distance had such an angry face that only Barton's mother would love him for it. Gabriel pointed at him, then signaled a cut throat with his thumb before walking back through the curtains.

Winner: "Legit" Orlando Jordan

Match Reaction = 41.1%

Match Quality = 62.0%

Overall Rating = 54.0%

Taylor: And there's the victory for Orlando Jordan, finishing it with what he told me he likes to call the Lights Out.

Niemi: Lights Out? Sounds kinda cheesy don't ya think?

Taylor: I think it's a rather fine name.

Niemi: Well, sure, if you think the Red Rooster was a great name.

Taylor: Don't push it, Niemi...

Niemi: Well, hey! Eddie Guerrero is having his match pretty early! Let's watch!

The Machismo Challenge

"LATINO MACHIIIISMO" hit the PA and as the music played the crowd went absolutely berzerk. It is undeniable that Eddie is the most popular superstar on the roster and he has every right to be after all, he is the so called "hero" of LSW. Out he walked with Chavo Guerrero, Sr. by his side still with some chest pain from his match against Barton last month. Eddie slapped hands with all the fans then rolled into the ring grabbing a microphone lying the middle of the ring ready for him to pick up.

Eddie: ORALE, HOUSTON!!!!

The crowd goes nuts once again and Eddie gets a big smile on his face from the reception of the fans in attendance.

Eddie: It feels good to be here, man! In fact, I was so pumped to hear I'm coming to Houston that I decided to skip the time off that the Board Of Directors were gonna give me to prepare for the match next month and issue a MACHISMO CHALLENGE to anyone in the back who wants a piece of me. See, the way I figure is that with this I'll have enough practice before Barton to really go all out on him next month. That vato has no idea what's coming to him, and I'll show him what it's like when you mess with a Man Of War!

He points at Chavo, who's standing outside, and Chavo points back getting a nice crowd reaction.

Eddie: So, come on holmes! Let's see who's ready to take on Latino Machismo!

65.2%

Taylor: Who's going to accept the challenge?!

Niemi: I feel bad for them, Eddie seems extremely motivated for this. Let's hope they survive it!

Eddie Guerrero w/Chavo Guerrero, Sr. vs Shawn Daivari

The sounds of Daivari's music wailed on the PA and out he came to an influx fo boo's due to who he's facing. He mouthed off to the fans and rolled into the ring. After placing his rolled up carpet in the corner, he got in Eddie's face and yelled obscenities at him.

One punch at Daivari was eating his words as he falls on his back and rebounds right up into the clutches of the El Paso native. Eddie worked him over for the first solid five minutes of the match just keeping Daivari down on his back for most of the time with anything he could pull out.

Daivari somehow found a way to get back in the game with an elbow to the midsection followed by a rolling head scissors takedown. Daivari executed some great offense here and the crowd actually really started to get into it as they rallied behind their hero.

Eddie had to oblige as the crowd was finally getting hyped up once again. A few slams and suplexes later, and it looked like Eddie was back on the drivers' seat of this match like in the beginning of the match. It was downhill for Daivari and the crowd was pretty much ready to cheer for Eddie winning the match.

However, in a huge swerve Daivari actually came back! He came back in a rough way! It seemed that the momentum slipped completely when Eddie tried for a Powerbomb and Daivari pushed himself forward making Eddie fall back onto the turnbuckles. Daivari, still on Eddie's shoulders pounded away at Eddie's head until he was able to balance himself on the top rope then flew back bouncing off Eddie's chest with a dropkick. He got in a real great amount of moves, but it didn't end his way.

At this point in the match you'd expect them both to be tired, but they were both running on all cylinders. Both men were trying to push each other over the edge with no man getting the upper hand. It was anybody's game right now.

Ending: Then, disappointment struck. The crowd was getting to the hottest it has been (and will be) all night. They were absolutely adoring this match. Mike Barton ran down the hall and immediately tossed Daivari out of the ring while Johnson was looking at Eddie getting off the mat. The second Eddie got up he was immediately clotheslined and Johnson called for the bell. He got in Barton's face and when Barton looked at him Johnson scampered off. Daivari came off the top rope, taking offense to what Barton did to him, but Barton caught him and hit a huge fallaway slam. Eddie began to stand up and Chavo rolled in the ring...

Winner: Eddie Guerrero by DQ

Match Reaction = 59.9%

Match Quality = 75.6%

Overall Rating = 62.6%

Taylor: DAMNIT! BARTON HAS RUINED A PERFECTLY GREAT MATCH!

Niemi: I thought he had the night off!

Taylor: Chavo is now in the ring! Don't do it, Barton! Don't you dare!

Pre-Anniversary Beatdown

Chavo tried to hit Barton, but was clocked in the face by Barton. He raised his left fist in the air and once Chavo stood a THUNDEROUS heart punch came into play knocking the elder Guerrero out of comission. Eddie shot up and with pure adrenaline began to tear into Mike Barton. Barton used amazing strength to grab Eddie by the waist and SLAM him down with a huge Spinebuster. He grabbed Eddie's head and forced him up. Barton closed his left hand in a fist and was about to hit Eddie with the Heart Punch... but then decided not to. He screamed, "NEXT MONTH YOU'LL GET WHAT'S COMING TO YOU!". He then grabbed Eddie by the throat and hit a MASSIVE chokeslam. "FEAR THE THREAT!", he shouted as the sirens blared through the arena and he left through a chorus of boo's.

58.7%

Taylor: Good God! Barton has left a train wreck in that ring! Daivari is barely on his knees and both Guerreros are out cold!

Niemi: I'm starting to think that Eddie Guerrero might be out of his league here...

Taylor: I sure hope not, Ron. For the sake of all of us.

Niemi: Hey, I'm fine with him as champ. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Taylor: I don't doubt it... Let's just go to some more LSW action when Pearce takes on the returning Billy Fives.

Billy Fives vs "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce

The sounds of Billy Fives' music hit the PA and out he stepped raising his arms in the air to bit of a positive reaction. He rolls into the ring and warma up a bit until the glitter begins to fall. The classical sounds of Pearce's music blur through the arena and the crowd begins boo'ing. Out Pearce struts sporting a new color ring jacket and tights, using red this time. With a big smile on his face he eventually steps into the ring and slowly takes off his ring jacket.

Fives comes from behind with a big forearm to the back of the head and gets the early start on this match with a successful jump of the gun. He got in quite the little streak in on the Scrap Iron. Fives got in a few quick techincal moves, but it seems that he can't really expose Pearce's weaknesses as this is what he excells in.

Pearce was able to pretty easily make it out of a bind when Fives tried to knock him out with a headlock. Pearce used great ring presence to run back to the ropes making Fives lay on them, then pushed back and lunged forward falling down and having Fives hurt his arm on the mat on the fall. Pearce got up and began stomping away at said arm and it looked like Pearce picked his spot for the match. All through this time it seemed that Fives was taking over OJ's spot with arm injuries. Pearce is all too familiar with this and proceeds to really wrench at that arm.

Luckily, Fives was able to muster up enough strength to begin quite a comeback for a one-armed man. Using the only hand he had to work with he was able to have Pearce try and work hard to get the win over him. Solid punches from the unwilling south-paw and lots of quick leg work really brought a fight out of Fives and the crowd seemed to start waking a little, but didn't wake up to much for what was slowly becoming an awesome match.

Pearce got the one-armed bandit with a HARD shoulder ram to the right arm. Pearce once again worked on the arm once Fives stumbled to the side and fell down to his knee in pain. He tried clutching at his arm, but Pearce took every chance to try and break it in half.

Soon, Fives got to hit a dropkick litterally out of nowhere and out of sheer desperation that sent Pearce reeling back. A spinning heel kick brought Pearce down and once again Fives pounced on him to try and regain any lost momentum he had.

Ending: Fives was having a bit of a good run until Pearce caught his arm with a chop. Fives screamed in agony and Pearce hooked the arm and brought it down with a TIGHT arm-bar! Fives wailed all through the arena. Johnson was too busy checking to see if Fives would give up to notice that Pearce climbed to the second rope with his feet to get leverage on his arm. Fives, of course, couldn't handle the pain much longer and was forced to tap. Pearce dropped the feet before the referee could see when calling for the bell to be rung. However, he wouldn't let go! It was a flashback of when OJ dislocated his shoulder! Speaking of which, he couldn't handle seeing someone go through the pain he went through, so he sprinted down to the ring and chased Pearce away, then atttending to Fives as Pearce walked out with a satisfied and sickening look on his face.

Winner: Adam Pearce

Match Reaction = 41.0%

Match Quality = 72.6%

Overall Rating = 59.7%

Niemi: I wouldn't be surprised if he seperated another shoulder there!

Taylor: It's sickening, Ron! I hope Orlando Jordan teaches Adam Pearce a lesson at the Anniversary show next month!

Niemi: It's going to be intense, Doc. There's gonna be tons of rough blood in there.

Taylor: I hope Pearce gets what's his, I really really do...

Niemi: Alright, settle down there, Doc. We gots ourself one final message from our mystery commish.

The Final Touches

We get to see the silhoutte one more time on the big screen for the final preparations for the Anniversary show.

Figure: Hello, Houston. I've got a few things to get off my chest, so I'll do it  quickly so we can get back to the show.

First, I am adding Jimmy Rave against Dallas to the show. Dallas has been the one to frustrate Jimmy Rave the most during his "streak", and thus I have reason to believe both men will step it up and bring some great action to that ring.

Second, I will also be adding a match that intrests me mainly, but I'm sure you'll all love it as well. I have chosen eight contenders to face off in an elimination battle royale. I am going to be scanning these men to choose some of them for a brainchild of mine that I shall reveal in our February show. However, I will also be scanning everyone who has a match at the Anniversary show, so you're going to want to up your game to impress me if you're interested in what I have to offer. The eight man I have chosen after further review are Mike Sullivan, Sedrick Strong, Joey Ryan, Billy Fives, if he is capable of working due to to a probable injury caused moments ago, Mike Batts, Jason Cross, and finally, the man who really proved to be something tonight, Shawn Daivari. These eight men will face off in the battle royale.

My third and final order of business is this... I will be in attendance at the Anniversary show. I will be reviewing all of you close up. Now is your chance to impress me. Do so, and you'll have a bright future. Thank you for your time, enjoy the rest of the show, and see you in San Antonio!

Overall Rating = 42.1%

Taylor: Two more matches added to round off the Anniversary show with seven, count them, seven blockbuster matches!

Niemi: We're going to tear the roof off San Antonio! I hope they're ready for this!

Taylor: Well, are you ready for some tag team action?! With the added Rave versus Dallas match, this next match is sure to have even more tension brought in. We already have Onyx and Andy Douglas in the same ring, and not even able to touch each other with the risk of having their match removed from the Anniversary Show, now we have two guys that will fight each other at the show as well in the same ring. Let's get to it!

Dallas & "The Natural" Andy Douglas vs Onyx & Jimmy Rave

The Natural's music hit and out he walked with Dallas by his side getting some pretty decent heat on them. They hit forearms and get in the ring egging on the crowd to give them some more heat. However, the cheers came when Rave's music hit and he burst out of the curtains.

He slid in and immediately began attacking Dallas and Douglas. The crazy young man just went nuts on both guys. He was then able to get Douglas down with a springboard dropkick turning around just in time to see Dallas.

Who proceded to shoot him down on the mat with a HUGE clothesline! Dallas picks up Rave and shoves him in between the top and second turnbuckles straight onto the turnbuckle pole.

The crowd begins cheering loudly as Dallas goes to grab Rave, but he's spun around and begins getting pounded by Onyx! Onyx has made his way into the match, now! He pounds fist after fist on Dallas until he begins to lay back on the ropes. Onyx whips him and with tons of momentum coming back Dallas does a sommersault up and over a knee to the gut from Onyx. With this, Rave actually went to his corner, while Douglas was already waiting in his corner yelling out for a tag so that Onyx is forced to tag out to Rave. Onyx kept the high hand on his side with various attacks to the sternum to really get Dallas winded further hindering any possible speed or second wind increase.

Soon after, Dallas was able to finally grab ahold of the brawler and begin to smash him up like only he knows how. He slammed Onyx ona the turnbuckle and began to punch away at his stomach. Onyx was then slammed onto his own corner.

Dallas tried to cheap shot Rave, but Rave ducked and poked him in the eyes. Dallas stumbled back while Rave tagged himself in. Rave jumped onto the ropes and with a swift springboard he hit a massive dropkick on the big man. Dallas flew back onto the mat. He scampered to his corner and tagged in Douglas, but Douglas ran in right into a spinning wheel kick.

Now is where the match really got interesting and was very good. Rave and Douglas were in the ring and they traded all types of moves between each other. The crowd once again began to wake up and start really getting into the match. After a great exchange they began to play around with the whole Douglas/Onyx not being in the same ring together bit as Rave tagged out to Onyx. Thus, Douglas had to tag out to Dallas. They continued where Rave/Douglas left off, then repeated the earlier process, but vice versa.

Ending: Eventually it ended up being Dallas and Jimmy Rave in the ring once again. Dallas got in a very nice vertical suplex which prompted Onyx to come in, not because of the move, but Dallas began to mock him. Onyx ran right into a Big Boot from Dallas as Douglas cheered on the outside. Rave slowly got up and began charging aimlessly at Dallas, but fell to the same fate and it gave Dallas the three count! Rave's streak ends here! He ALMOST finished the year flawlessly, but he goes down with a MASSIVE Big Boot! The Natural and Big Man celebrate then rush off when Onyx rolls back into the ring wielding his chain! Screams are exchanged and we head back to the studio.

Winners: Dallas & Andy Douglas

Match Reaction = 43.4%

Match Quality = 70.4%

Overall Rating = 66.3%

Taylor: AND DALLAS ENDS RAVE'S STREAK!

Niemi: Well, I'm not taking anything away from the guy, but this was a tag match. Rave's streak is techincally in singles matches.

Taylor]: Good point, but the man was pinned.

Niemi: No doubt about that.

Taylor: Well, we're going to see more of these boys next month at the Annivesary show when Rave takes on Dallas, and in a Brooklyn Brawl, Onyx takes on Andy Douglas. It's going to be quite insane.

Niemi: For sure! I can't wait to see that street fight! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide! It's going to be great!

Taylor: What's also great... we got the Main Event next!

Niemi: WOO HOO! Walters takes on Petey Williams! Bring it on!

"Hurricane" John Walters vs "Canadian Phenom" Petey Williams

Some pretty decently heavy boo's erupted when the Canadian National Anthem began to play throughout the arena. Petey came out waving the Canadian flag high and mighty. As he placed it in the corner, he stepped in and played to the crowd getting some more heat on him. Magically, the jeers turned to cheers when John Walter's music played. He stepped into the ring, slapping hands with some fans before entering, and pointed at Petey giving him a message that wasn't audible.

It seemed to really hurt Petey's feelings as almost immediately after the incident, Petey was on the assault. This lasted for quite the while also as it seemed that Petey was on such a strong rush of pure anger from some recent events that he was shelling it all out on Walters. A very foolish move due to Walters practically deciding his fate next month.

It seemed that his fate was sealed when Walters was so pissed off that HE started on the violent attack with VENGEFUL suplexes. Walters kept the match at a slow, but fierce pace and with every blow you can see the true pain that the Canadian Phenom was in with every wince.

A leg lock would prove to be the downfall for Walters as Petey used some great strength and vitality to crawl from the center of the ring to the ropes. Walters got off him quickly after that and tried to pick him up, but Petey tackled him down and began to use his fists like intended. He used some excellent technical skill here to capitalize on this shining moment and really tore into Walters like an overly wrapped christmas present.

Momentum shifts seem to occur everytime a lock would be applied. This time, Petey was holding on tight to a Dragon Sleeper and Walters was fading fast. However, somehow, someway, he was able to slowly turn around and pick Petey up, then crashing him down on his knee for the atomic drop. Petey stumbles to the side in pain and returns to receive a soccer kick straight to the stomach. It seems that's become a staple to his offense now. Well, this allows him to continue with the momentum for a while.

Petey was able to counter a reverse DDT with the ending half of a Pump Handle Slam when he used some awesome strength to lift the Hurricane up and over his shoulder just like that. This momentum shift didn't last too long as it was finally time for the crowd to start going nuts and come in second to the Eddie/Daivari match.

Both Petey and Walters began to do the traditional (in the sense of LSW at least) one-uppage techincal part of the match. Some excellent, crisp action came out here from both these tough competitors and the match, quality-wise, became the best of the show as expected to be.

Ending: They were still trying to get each other to fall to one another's moves. It seemed that it was to no effect until John Walters was able to finally knock out Petey long enough with a swinging neckbreaker to be able to prepare and set up another move in time. He was very smart here and decided to take the opportunity to try and get the Tornado DDT in. Petey wasn't about to lose the match, though. The spin of the move came, but Walters landed on his feet right in front of Petey. Petey knee'd him in the gut and with one swift motion hit the Canadian Destroyer! The three count got Petey Williams the win! Petey looked on devilishly at the recovering Walters and decided that since he was already on his bad side, he would add insult to injury. Petey picked up the Canadian flag and stalked on over to Walters, who was on his knees...

Winner: Petey Williams

Match Reaction = 48.4%

Match Quality = 76.2%

Overall Rating = 67.8%

Taylor: OH COME ON, PETEY! YOU WON! LEAVE HIM BE!

Niemi: Get 'im, Petey!

An Unfortunate Incident

The Canadian Phenom wound up, but was immediately taken down by Roderick Strong! Strong stomped and punched Petey down and then helped Walters up. Walters began to beat on Petey and it soon became a 2-on-1! It looks like Walters and Roderick are getting revenge on Petey's bad attitude! Roderick picked up the Canadian Flag and raised it to the crowd who gave a decent pop. He measured up as  Walters picked Petey up. Roderick took a big swing, but Petey dodged it! Yes, you guessed it, Roderick broke the flag handle over John Walters' head! Strong was awestruck at what just happened. He looked over to Petey who was laughing and yelling that Roderick is now on Walters' bad side as well. Roderick looks down in almost a fearful look as we finally go back to the studio for the last time.

Overall Rating = 50.3%

Taylor: OH NO! HE HIT WALTERS!

Niemi: See? That's what they get for ganging up on him!

Taylor: Folks, we are ending our year with a bang here! Every single match on the Anniversary show will be intense! With a headline like Eddie Guerrero versus Mike Barton, I believe it's going to be the greatest show put on by Lonestar State Wrestling!

Niemi: I completely agree with you, Doc! It's gonna be such an awesome show! Can't wait for that Brooklyn Brawl! OH YES!

Taylor: Have a Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year from everyone here at LSW! I'm Terry Taylor, that's Ron Niemi, signing out for 2005!

Niemi: Seeee yoooooooou!!!!!

Show Rating: 57.7% (+1.7%)

Show Attendance: 4,746 (-519)

Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 1:37 AM

I sat behind my desk that night literally burying my head into the paperwork before me. I sighed a deep sigh and looked up to see the nothingness of the dark office, my lamp being my only resource of light. I had just gotten off the phone with my wife telling her I'd be flying home a little later as I was pretty much on a work overload. The truth was, that I was scared. So many questions filled my head at once and I wasn't sure if I could answer them all positively, or even answer them at all. Sure, this job is my dream job, and I knew there would be stress taking it, but this is insane. I'm running on breakfast alone and just am completely out of whack. As I continued to stare I was all of a sudden startled by the sounds of footsteps. It was odd because the janitors left about a half hour ago and I was left to close the building. I reached down to the bottom drawer where a bat layed ready to be swung. The footsteps kept getting closer and closer. I paniced and my hand began to shake as I got closer to grasping the handle of the bat. Suddenly, they stopped. The silence was unbearable. As I began to clutch the rim of the bat, the knob of the door began to turn. My eyes widened... WHO COULD IT BE?! I shot up off my chair, weilding the bat in both hands and ready to bat a thousand on this guy. As the click of the knob sounded, it echoed through my head. This was it... the moment of truth. All this pent up stress will finally be unleashed on the poor soul that tries to be my assailant today. The door creeped open and boy was I ready. I was ready to just...

Sean: JANE?!

She screamed. She stepped back onto the wall clutching her chest as I placed the bat back in the drawer and stepped a bit closer to her puzzled at why she was in the building.

Sean: What the hell are you doing here? You scared the crap out of me.

Jane: You stratled me , as well, Mr. Walker! I'm sorry to intrude, I had no idea you were here.

Sean: Well, I am, what are you doing here?

Jane: I was getting some last minute work done and then went off to look for one of the janitors as they didn't come to me to close the building as they would usually.

Sean: That's because they came to me. You should be on your flight back to El Paso, Ms. Ross. Just go on to the airport.

Jane: Well, that's where I was going... Wait... Why aren't you out celebrating with Mr. Guerrero and company?

Sean: I'm not in a partying mood. Let them celebrate a nice long year of LSW, I've got too much stress on myself at this point to go to a bar. I'm not a drinker, and if I went in there stressed out, I might just have to start the habit.

Jane: It's not healthy to stay cooped up in here, sir. I'm sure your family is anxious to see you.

Sean: I feel dirty, Jane. I feel that I might have let down those TV Execs. in the crowd. If only I knew what went through their minds while judging the show.

Jane: You did fine. It was a spectacular performance by all involved and there's some heavy anticipation for the Guerrero/Barton match, which is the most important part.

Sean: Not to Eddie! Right now, Eddie is more focused on getting us on TV than anything else. I guess... I guess he's just more confident than I am cause he's been working here longer...

Jane: What?

I realized what I had just said, but shook it off.

Sean: Errr uhh, I meant in the business... He's been in the business longer than I have.

Jane: Oooh, I understand. Well, sir, whatever happens, happens. I'm sure the executives found the show very pleasing and are going to jump at the chance at getting it on their regular programming schedule.

Sean: For all our sakes, I hope so... I really do...

I stared at the ground pondering what was in store for me in the year to come. Itw as going to be another wild roller coaster ride... but even longer this time... I just knew it...

Mike Barton On LIVE With Regis And Kelly Report, James Maritato Status

Pancho Villa sent this one... I woke up this morning extra early to catch Mike Barton on LIVE With Regis and Kelly. Regis reminded Barton that he was afraid of the "LSW guys" because of Petey's finisher when it was displayed during Petey's appearance a couple of weeks ago. Barton said that his finisher was a punch straight to the heart with which Regis commented would probably put him off bringing in anymore wrestlers to show him moves ever again. Kelly seemed to have hit it up with Barton a bit more and got him to relax a bit. The appearance was alright.

James Maritato, formerly Guido in ECWA, suffered a collapsed lung last night at ROH Forever in his successful ROH Intercontinental Title match against Christian York. The injury happened when York slipped off the top turnbuckle and still tried to hit the missle dropkick. The kick hit Maritato with such force that it caused him to drop down breathing short breaths. York fell awkwardly on his knee, but was said to be fine. The referee, Camilo Marquez, went into quick motion and told York to just walk out citing knee problems and that was the finish. Maritato was then rushed to the hospital, but is said he will be fine and will return in time for the 1/25 show in Braintree.

Eddie Guerrero On The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn

Charles B. Wellington sent this one... Caught Latino Machismo himself on the Late Late Show last night. It was very funny, much better than the Mike Barton appearance earlier in the month. He got to plug in the Anniversary Show coming up in the next few weeks and how he's facing Barton in "one of the most talked about matches" in recent times. Great stuff as always by Eddie Guerrero.

Petey Williams On MADtv Report

Krass A. Ssine sent this one... I got to catch Petey Williams on MADtv last night, and I must say, I never would've thought he had such a funny bone. The man really has some great charisma to him and his wrestling spoof last night with the cast members (especially Paul Vogt) was great stuff. I never expected this much out of him and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty good stuff.

PWInsider Year-End Quick Awards

You've been voting for the best of four categories in the past month here at the site.

Here are the results...

Wrestler Of The Year: Hulk Hogan - NWA:TNA

Promotion Of The Year: All Japan Women's Wrestling

Match Of The Year: Booker T versus Hulk Hogan - NWA:TNA Action, March 26, 2005

Show Of The Year: NWA:TNA Action, December 24, 2005

LSW News And Notes On DVD's, New Signings, Details Of Brooklyn Brawl, And More

- As always, we now have the latest LSW show in our shop right here. It is the final show of the year and it is entitled Final Straw. Also, expect a total for four different sets of DVD's in the coming two months. Next month we'll finally receive the last six months worth of DVD's for 2005 in a package set much like the first six months. That will come along with the Annivesary show on DVD. Then in March a the full year DVD set will be released with a rumored many extras added in. They haven't given out what they may be, so we shall see. That will come out along with the February Show DVD.

- Chavo Guerrero, surprisingly, still has not come to a deal with LSW over his training contract. However, it's just probably being processed as it's almost a sure thing that he'll sign on for it.

- The Brooklyn Brawl that will be taking place next weekend in San Antonio will not be a fight held on the street like some street fights. The ring will be set-up with scattered weapons and each participant may "bring their own weapon" to the match. Should be interesting as it'll be the first "intense" match to hit an LSW ring.

- Speaking of San Antonio, the both referees that were mentioned in last month's news have signed deals with LSW to begin refereeing as of the Anniversary show. Rudy Charles and Charles "Lil' Naitch" Robinson, will now join Mark Johnson as officials for LSW.

- Speaking of new signees, Cody Hawk, a stand-out in the Mid-West wrestling scene has signed a deal with the company and will have a match at the Anniversary show. It's probable it'll be just a dark match, however. You can currently find him teaming with Matt Stryker in World Wrestling Entertainment.

- TV Executives were planted in the arena last month when LSW ran in Houston. It is said that over five networks were interested in starting negotiations with LSW to bring their product on TV while others felt they needed to see a little more. It is excellent news for LSW as this is really great for any company in such a drought in the business. No network names were revealed and were kept very "hush hush". More news as it comes.

- The dates for the February and March shows have been revealed, as have their venues. February 25th and March 18th, both Saturdays, will host LSW events in Bufallo and Gainesville, respectfully. The home of Eddie Guerrero and Headquarters of LSW, El Paso, is rumored to house the April event, but that is not concrete as of yet. It would be the first time they go to El Paso since the first show LSW presented.

- After all the big publicity LSW got last month it would seem a small paper article wouldn't be as much, but it's still something. The San Antonio Press is running a story on being "proud that they have chosen us to run their Anniversary Show", as quoted by them. They focus mainly on Eddie Guerrero's meeting with the Mayor. Read the article here.

Edited by LivingLegend

LSW PRESENTS TRIUMPH, OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SHOW

user posted image

8 MAN ELIMINATION MATCH

A match that serves as an evaluation for the new Commissioner. He says he wants to scout these eight guys for an idea they have. Mike Sullivan, Rod Steel, Joey Ryan, Shawn Davari, Billy Fives, Jason Cross, Mikey Batts, and Sedrick Strong will all face off in an 8 Man Elimination Match. One man will be left standing, but the question is, who?

user posted image

THE SILVER STARS vs THE STEELE BROTHERS

A tag team match with two teams that absolutely do not like each other. The Steele Brothers and the Silver Stars will face off once more to see just who the better team is. The records are pretty much even, one win can settle it all.

user posted image

DALLAS vs JIMMY RAVE

When these two first faced off, Dallas gave Rave quite a run for his money being probably the closest one to defeating Rave during his great winning streak. Last month, they were in a tag team match against each other and Dallas did indeed break Rave's streak by pinning him after his patented Big Boot. Rave is most definitely looking for vengeance and there's no better stage than Triumph.

user posted image

"LEGIT" ORLANDO JORDAN vs "SCRAP IRON" ADAM PEARCE

It's no secret that these men have a storied past. Pearce has made Jordan shed his own blood various times and has even severely dislocated his shoulder. Jordan has gotten bits of revenge by not only humiliating Pearce, but using his physical intensity to his advantage. Both men shall clash once more to try and finally get the last laugh.

user posted image

BROOKLYN BRAWL

ONYX vs "THE NATURAL" ANDY DOUGLAS

For months Douglas tried and tried to dodge Onyx. As time went on, Onyx got angrier and angrier... until he debute his equalizer... THE CHAIN. It is surely to come into play when the wrestlers bring their own weapons, but other weapons will be available if need be. This is the end all, be all for these two. Douglas has nowhere to run and nowhere to hide when an angry Onyx is on his path of destruction.

user posted image

TOP 4 CONTENDERS CLUB SPOT

SPECIAL ENFORCER: JOHN WALTERS

"CANADIAN PHENOM" PETEY WILLIAMS vs RODERICK STRONG ©

Two tries, and Petey seems to have screwed himself out of a Top 4 Contenders Club spot each time. However, the hatchet will be buried here tonight. He takes on former LSW Heavyweight Champion, Roderick Strong in the third and final round between the two to see if Petey Williams can finally win that spot in the Club. Only pinfalls and submissions count, and if Petey tries anything funny he is barred from ever competing for the Top 4 Contenders Club. The stakes are high, the tension is high, and the blood is running hot.

user posted image

LSW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"THE THREAT" MIKE BARTON © vs EDDIE GUERRERO

Barton has plowed through pretty much everyone on the roster who has tried to oppose him. A few months ago a contender rose from the ashes to thwart the reign of terror grasped by Barton ever since he conquered Strong for the title. Both have shed blood, sweat, and tears. Both have experienced humilation. However, Barton took it too far when he got family involved. It suddenly turned grim when Chavo Guerrero, Sr.'s career was laid to rest at the receiving end of two heart punches from Barton. One in November that truly got him shaken, and a follow up last month that was pretty much the Nain In The Coffin. The fiercest rivalry in Lonestar State Wrestling comes to head tonight... The fans have been waiting a long time to see this and it will surely deliver to all extremes.

Sunday, January 22nd, 2006 - 3:32 PM

The past month had felt like years. Spending week-in and week-out in the office just to prepare for our biggest show to date was something that I loathed... and actually enjoyed. I just love working on this so much, especially after being told that the show was a great effort from the man himself, Eddie Guerrero. I can't say it was all bells and whistles as I was exhausted by today, show day, but in the end I feel it was all worth it. As I stared over at the door that led to the parking lot and watched the wrestlers filing in, I felt a sense of comfort. I got lost in my own thoughts. I wondered what was going through each man's minds... wondering how the show would go... wondering what the future held. I snapped back to reality when one of the agents, Oscar Head, began to shake me.

Oscar: Sean! Sean! SEAN! WAKE UP!

I shook my head a bit and then looked a bit angrily over in Oscar's direction.

Sean: WHAT?! What is it?! Don't yell at me!

Oscar: Sorry, sir, you just seemed out of it.

Sean: Well, yeah, I guess I was. Well, is there anything you wanted to tell me?

Oscar: Well, I wanted to just remind you that the locker room meeting is in about twenty minutes and then you gotta start sending out some guys to warm-up.

Sean: Alright, thanks. Make sure that Robert and Pete are in the locker room and John is manding the ring.

Oscar: Will do!

Oscar ran off toward the direction that my back was facing as that was where the offices were. As I prepared to turn right and head off into the catering room to make sure everything was set there, I was stopped by Kurt Schnieder.

Kurt: Sean! Thank God I caught you! I'm in a dilemma.

Sean: Oh, God. Kurt! Not today! Today is the biggest day of our lives!

Kurt: I'm sorry! It's just my wife!

Sean: Wait... what? Your wife?

Kurt: She says I don't please her anymore!

Sean: YOU COME TO ME WITH...

Kurt: KIDDING! Just joking, buddy. I know how tense you get with these shows and figured I'd pull a fast one on ya!

Sean: Kurt, don't tread on a thin wire...

Kurt: Gotcha, boss! Keep up the good work!

He scurried off in the opposite direction much like Oscar before him and I continued on to the catering room. As I looked over the food I reached over to get a wing, but my hand was slapped almost immediately. I held my hand in a bit of pain and looked over to see the seemingly ever-present Jane Ross angrily waving her finger at me.

Jane: SIR! You know that now is not the time to eat!

Sean: Oh, come on! It's just one wing!

Jane: NO! Now, I need you to sign this waiver.

Sean: For what?

Jane: The FOX network is interested in starting negotiations with you.

Sean: Well, FINALLY! Those guys are way behind on the fold, but yeah if it helps our chances.... sure.

I took the pen and signed it off seeing that Eddie had already signed before me.

Sean: Eddie's here already?

Jane: Yeah, I just caught him coming into his office.

Sean: Good, that means everyone is here for the meeting then..

Jane: Yes'sir, they're just waiting on you.

Sean: Waiting on me? It isn't even time yet.

Jane: Think again...

She pointed over to the clock hanging above the wall showing about a minute till the hour. My eyes widened. I suddenly began to panic. I rushed towards the door, stopped, went back, stole a wing leaving Ms. Ross befuddled, and rushed off towards the locker room. My other production manager caught me running and tried to say something, but I just yelled back at him.

Sean: TAKE IT UP WITH KURT! I'M IN A RUSH!

As I burst through the locker room door I looked over to the clock to see ten minutes left before the hour hit. I looked a bit confused as all the wrestlers and staffers began to laugh and I sighed being the butt of another joke again.

Sean: Alright, alright you got me. Now, let's get on with it.

Eddie came over laughing it up and patted me on the back leading me to the middle of the room. This was going to be a loooong day.

• 8 months later...