A new smaller Ps2 availalbe Soon

Docpepper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluesman

As I've said before, you're better off getting the PC version of Morrowind if your system can handle it, because they've released expansion packs for it, and you can also download add-ons created by other players.

That's my one big gripe with Sony; the controllers absolutely suck for fighting games. There's NO WAY I can do any of the harder combos in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

That's the only controller I can do MKDA combos with. Could you imagine trying to bust out Frost's big combo with that button layout on the Cube controller? Or the mammoth Xbox controller (even with a controller S)? I love the Cube controller, but it's horrid for fighting games. I had to pick up a converter so I could use my PS2 controller on GameCube when I got Soul Calibur II.

yes, morrowind certainlee is one hell of an x-box exclusive title . . .

I think that's Microsoft's biggest problem. These big exclusives get massive hype (mainly from diehard Xbox fans) and then they come out and aren't even a blip on the radar. Morrowind being a great example, whatever game just came out (i forget the name) that was Xbox's first console-esque RPG, and now Fable. I mean, Fable was promised to be the be all-end all of video gaming and it comes on the scene and it's looking incredibly disappointing. I mean, I'm sure it's a good game, but with all they hype, it certainly wasn't the Second Coming. But that seems to be the way things work out for the Xbox, huge hype, delays, eventual release, lackluster response.

Morrowind was out on PC before X-Box, nothing exclusive to that, not even temporarly

Console and PC are different entities. I considered GTA3 a PS2 exclusive up until it came out on Xbox even though it was on the PC two years before.

exclusivety is special becaus you NEED to have that system to play it, if you can play that game on another common system it´s not exclusive. It´s as simple as that, exclusivety prittymuch only matters to the system sellers annyway becaus it´s a way to get us spending our monney on their system, prittymuch annyone has a PC so prittymuch everyone is able to play morrowind without spending a shitload of monney on an X-Box. I don´t care about what your mind makes out of it but that is how exclusivety matters and what matters is what counts.

exclusivety is special becaus you NEED to have that system to play it, if you can play that game on another common system it´s not exclusive. It´s as simple as that, exclusivety prittymuch only matters to the system sellers annyway becaus it´s a way to get us spending our monney on their system, prittymuch annyone has a PC so prittymuch everyone is able to play morrowind without spending a shitload of monney on an X-Box. I don´t care about what your mind makes out of it but that is how exclusivety matters and what matters is what counts.

I disagree though because it takes a shitload of money to build up a PC that can properly handle most big titles. I think it's safe to say the majority of PC gamers are hardcore PC gamers. Console gamers are generally a separate market (not always, but generally), so if a game is exclusive to Xbox, but is out on the PC as well, I'd still consider it an Xbox exclusive. But if you want to argue over this, I'll just begin saying "Console Exclusive" to make you feel better.

Maybee you should buy an original, backup copys always take longer to load because of lower disc qualety

I bought the game myself at HMV, brand new for 70 bucks.

About the controlers, i play games for fun, if a game gets to frustrating it dos not fullfill it´s purpus so i don´t play as long as i need to turn into a maniac and distroy my room, seriusly how childisch do you have to be o do such thing ?

1. When I broke the PS2 controller it was doing nothing... just tapping the gas for a powerslide when the damn thing snapped on me. It's brittle and the internal structure of it is pretty lamely designed.

2. Man you must not play a lot of multiplayer wrestling. I have seen so many controllers thrown during No Mercy four ways...

i am sorry either you are only plaing horribley bad burned backups your numbers are just out of the air

I've bought almost all of my games brand new but a few are used, none of them have been backed up. I'm sorry but you either you have some magically modified Playstation or you are just in denial about it's rediculously horrendous loading times, it's been documented millions of times that the console is a piece of shit, I'm not the only who thinks so.

yay, a console that is way newer has better technics, thanks captain obvius

People say the PS2 is the best system when clearly it isn't. That's my point.

You want to compare technology and loading times? Get a Dreamcast. Hell get a Saturn. Get an N64. A lot of the games on the Dreamcast load faster and look the same if not better. I have never purchased an N64 game that took anywhere near the PS2 to load games. The only system that has longer loading times then the PS2 is, ironically, PS1.

Nintendo also had a LONG history in the console business. They had a chance to build up a core base, market their 'signature' games longer, etc.

Money > Prestige every time.

You mean you don't think their marketing towards kids and younger adolescents has anything to do with this?

Remember that the PS1 was the console that turned the tables in the Console war, when the N64 was still marketting decent sports games (ASB and QBC) and violent shooters like Turok and Perfect Dark. By the time the PS2 was launched Sony was way ahead and has yet to even come close to falling into second. Yes, Nintendo's marketting has screwed them over, but that has generally only been after they fell into second, and not before.

Also, and this is an actual question as I do not know for certain, can the GC play DVD's and CD's?

No, it doesn't. It's a dedicated game system... remember those?

Console and PC are different entities.

Matzat debates this? Crazy, he'll debate anything. :w00t:

Umm, there's something wrong with your copy, then. Because there's a lot more than what you've described, Gongsun.

There's AT LEAST 2 and a half to 3 hours of FMV footage altogether in the game.

Its been a while since I've played Xenosaga, but iirc, the 45 minute long sequence takes place when Shion and KOS-MOS leave the ship that you start the game on, and the sequence introduces Captain Matthews and his crew (including chaos).

And there are a couple of 30 minute long sequences, too. Maybe more.

There's one particularly disturbing one involving Albedo and Momo......

Can't wait for the sequel, which comes out February 15th, 2005. But I'm not happy about the change in animation style. (I am happy about the double team tech attacks, though)

Xenosaga 2 shipped with an extra dvd containing all the FMV from Xenosaga 1 for the preorderers in Japan, that dvd was said to be 6 houres long (for my tast a bit mutch for one dvd but maybee that was a PS2 gamedisk and no casual Video DVD sinc the compression alowes more, but dunno about that) i never stoped the time playing the game and i am to lazy instaling a FMV ripper (i know there is one that works with the dual layer dvd of xenosaga but as i said, me lazy) for giving an exackt number just to have a little baby boy like Gongsun Zan komming to cry that i am wrong annyway sinc he knows everything better . . .

The point is that although the market of those who use the PC for gaming and can run Halo is, although growing, still infinitesimly smaller then the market of those who can do it on a console of some sort.

That's not an insult, it's just fact. The PC is not as big a gaming machine as the X-Box or the PS2. You compare the amount of people who game on their system and the home consoles win everytime. Compare the people who use email on their system, or surf the web, and the numbers are reversed.

lets say, if that was true, would it change the FAKT that you still CAN play the game ither on X-Box ore PC ? therfore it´s not exlusive to one system, end of story, ore is the next thing your going to tell me that a game is PS2 exclusive in japan wen it comes out on X-Box and PS2 just becaus X-Box issent selling annything near good over there, thats just silly sorry . . . exclusivety is not about what people prever it is the exact oposit, getting the people to do something becaus of it (the exclusivety) against what they prevere, as long as you have the freedome to chose there is no exclusivety and i am tring hard to understand how far brain cancer has to be to get someone not understanding that . . .

PIII 733 CPU

128MB RAM

8X CD- ore DVD-ROM

3-D-Card

Edited by Michael Matzat

Okay Matzat, you hear a song on the radio. It's exclusive to that station. People tune in to that station to hear it. It drives the ratings up.

Yes, it will be released on CD. That's apples and oranges. We're talking about different markets, similar in genre but much different in target demographic and scope. The term exclusive is thrown around too much, and I might agree with you on Morrowind being an X-Box exclusive, BUT, they are not the same market, and insulting people and insinuating they have brain cancer when you are clearly misguided and irrationally upset isn't doing anything.

:thumbsup:

i did not say morrowind was X-Box exclusive you tool

I agree with you that it's not.

And it happens all the time over here, a song debuts exclusively on a radio station owned by the record label... they get to play it for free and charge a rediculous amount for the competitors. And I don't think it's BS, as it factors in both market scope and economics in the same genre, specialized mass media.

And for a song to play on the radio, it is sold, radio liscenses... pay for play, I'm sure you're familar with the concept.