Toss Up

Miami Vice

If you were me, which game would you purchase?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If you were me, which game would you purchase?

• Rome: Total War (PC)
    • The Sims 2 (PC)
    • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (PC)
    • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (PS2)
    • I can't decide either

One of these games will be mine in the next 24 - 48 hours, the question is which one? I rented Tiger Woods today and found it to be very good, but it is very similar to last years game. I've played the Rome: Total War demo and found it to be very fun. I also played the Warhammer demo and found it to be very, very fun! But The Sims 2 also has me interested as I enjoyed the first one and feel the graphics and gameplay upgrades are enough to warrent the purchse. Which game to you think I should buy? Thanks for your input.

Guest Downloading_Man

I presume we're talking PC here (Sorry if I sound stupid for saying that...), so I would have to go with Fultie and say Age Of Empires. I own Age of Kings (Or something like that), and although I hate (With a passion) games in that genre, I was persuaded to give the game a try by my brother. I was shocked at how good the game was. It still hasnt convinced me to buy othr games from that genre, bu if they were in a sale I would buy other games in the series. AND the game is quite educational....in a fun way :o . Anyone who can play the mission where you must storm the Great Wall Of China, as the Mongels, and not be determined to have another go after being brutally slaughtered for the 50th time in a row, well they must have no emotion at all.

By the way to those that own the game, the twist when (In the Holy Roman Church missions, where you play as Barbarossa's army), it turns out to be Henry the Lion (I'm pretty sure that's his name) telling the story is just brilliant. I was really taken back by it.

In my opinion steer clear of 'Sims' games. The only reason I ever played the game was to get loads of money and design my 'lottery house'. You can make som pretty nice houses, especially if you download extras off the net. But actually playing the game can get real old, real quick.

NOTE - May the Bossman rest in peace. Another childhood hero taken away...

I presume we're talking PC here (Sorry if I sound stupid for saying that...), so I would have to go with Fultie and say Age Of Empires. I own Age of Kings (Or something like that), and although I hate (With a passion) games in that genre, I was persuaded to give the game a try by my brother. I was shocked at how good the game was. It still hasnt convinced me to buy othr games from that genre, bu if they were in a sale I would buy other games in the series. AND the game is quite educational....in a fun way :o . Anyone who can play the mission where you must storm the Great Wall Of China, as the Mongels, and not be determined to have another go after being brutally slaughtered for the 50th time in a row, well they must have no emotion at all.

Both Rome and Warhammer look good. Rome I've been waiting for for nearly four years anyway so thats the no brainer (damn CA putting the release date back in the UK :( ). Like you I'm also intrigued by the Warhammer game since the demo surprised me.

Got the Sims 2, it's an expanded one of the old games, looks bettwer and has more mechanics in it (such as ageing) but in all I can see it getting put on the discard pile fairly early once I've got Rome.

Edited by lanky316