The Blue Side of Sports Entertainment

user posted image

Current Available Jobs:

Writer

Required:

Experience in other areas of television writing, applicant must be willing to work long hours for a top rate salary and be willing to work as a member of a team. Would require being on the road with the WWE Smackdown roster for long periods of time - expected two days a week to return home, but could be less. Commitment is upmost when applying for this position...

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

TAKFA'S BACK!

*does a bit of a dance but continues to type while dancing*

Takfa i'm sure this diary will be good after your previous one and i hope it all goes well. I will be watching :shifty:

user posted image

WWE Job Application:

Dear Mr Burton,

We have recieved the online job application form you filled out for a WWE Smackdown Writing Job and after carrying out some background studies have initially accepted your application - (Background checks are always required in this modern technology age and it is not a factor to worry about).

With the amount of applications for this post we are holding interviews for the position around the country when a board of Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Shane McMahon, Pat Patterson and Jim Ross can attend in your local area.

Due to this here is the details of your interview:

Time: 2:00pm

Date: 28th August

Codeword: "Butterfly" - (you require this at reception to be shown to the interview room).

We look forward to seeing you there!

Yours faithfully,

Sophie Shaw - WWE Jobs.com Webmaster.

Butterfly...

Why, follow me Mr. Burton... they have been waiting for you...

I'm on my way, the last challenge. If I can fool four men I will be in the position that I have always wanted.

Thank you for coming Mr. Burton...firstly we would like to point out that discussing any of this conversation outside this room is against company policy and will result in your immediate disqualification from the application position...do you understand this?

It's only to protect our company, it's nothing personal...

...Yes, I understand.

...2 Hours Later

World Wrestling Entertainment Ltd.

Contract of Employment

I hearby understand and confirm the conditions offered for employment inside this contract...

Signed: David Burton

Date: 28/8/04

Hey there...I'm Sophie, Sophie Shaw

Oh...right, you are the chick who read my application, right?

Yeah, that's right. It's nice to meet you. I also sorta work as a personal assistant with all of the Smackdown writers, so we will get to know each other quite well.

Great.

Well, anyways I know it's your first day and all so you won't be involved in the writing process for this evening's show, but feel free to look around and ask any questions.

Yeah, sounds good.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I will do. Bye.

Game Details:

Company Name: World Wrestling Entertainment

Owner: Linda McMahon

Money: $40032160

Size: Global

Public Image: 61%

Based In: America

Risk Level: 66%

Production Values: 100%

Merchandising: 100%\$2,000,000 p.m

Advertising: 90%\$900,000 p.m

Game Version: EWR 4.0

Difficulty: Medium

Top 5 Wrestling Promotions:

1. World Wrestling Entertainment

2. NWA: Total Nonstop Action

3. Ring of Honor

4. Combat Zone Wrestling

5. Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre

Here you go Burton, this will come in handy when it comes to aiding us writing the shows content and direction...

Thanks...Dave.

WWE Smackdown Roster

Main Event:

Face:

Eddie Guerrero

The Undertaker

Heel:

Big Show

John "Bradshaw" Layfield - WWE Champion

Kurt Angle

Upper Midcarders:

Face:

John Cena

Rob Van Dam

Heel:

Booker T - WWE United States Champion

Midcarders:

Face:

Billy Gunn

Billy Kidman - WWE Tag Team Champion

Charlie Haas

Rey Mysterio

Rico

Heels:

Bubba Ray Dudley

Chavo Guerrero

D'Von Dudley

Rene Dupree

Lower Midcarders:

Face:

Hardcore Holly

Johnny Stamboli

Nunzio

Paul London - WWE Tag Team Champion

Scotty 2 Hotty

Shannon Moore

Heel:

Danny Basham

Doug Basham

Jamie Noble

Kenzo Suzuki

Mark Jindrak

Orlando Jordan

Spike Dudley - WWE Cruiserweight Champion

Openers:

Face:

Funaki

Heel:

Heidenreich

Luther Reigns

Managers:

Face:

Miss Jackie

Torrie Wilson

Tweener:

Dawn Marie

Heel:

Hiroko

Non-Wrestlers:

Face:

Tazz

Theodore Long

Tweener:

Bill DeMott

Ok, well Burton there is a writers meeting tommorrow morning, make sure you are there and have some ideas prepared.

I will, (don't you worry...)

Date: 1st September 2004

Time: 10:01am

Welcome writers to this week's meeting. Firstly I would like to introduce to you all to our new member! Mr. David Burton.

..silence..

Thanks for the welcome guys...

Well, Mr. Burton seeing as you are new and all I thought you could have some time to explain any things that you have thought of, with writing of course.

Ok, well firstly I noticed how Rico is scheduled to return next week from injury and I thought that it would be in the best intrest for both him and Charlie Haas to seperate away from each other. Smackdown in my view is currently lacking in singles talent and both men have the potential to be top babyfaces on the roster. Why not use them?

The silence from around the room said it all. This was not going to be an easy job.

WWE Smackdown Preview

for Thursday 2nd September 2004

This week Smackdown powers into the Arco Arena in Sacramento with the main question being the current state of the WWE Champion John "Bradshaw" Layfield. Last week JBL was left down hurt after a violent attack from the Undertaker, the champion's neck brace was removed and for the second time in three weeks he left the arena on a stretcher... who knows what will go down here this week.

Eddie Guerrero accidentally destroyed Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long's car last week - thinking that it was Kurt Angle's. This week the two men who met at Summerslam will meet again in the main event, 2 out of 3 Falls.

A new partnership was formed last week of Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree, while a slightly older partnership was put under pressure. Billy Kidman injured Chavo Guerrero with a shooting star press and since then is said to be very distraught... This week him and Paul London will defend the WWE Tag Team Titles against Suzuki and Dupree. Can the new team win their first match and win the tag titles?

Midweek Booker T faced John Cena in match three of the best of five series - in Australia. Who won? Who currently has the upper hand? We will find out first hand this week on Smackdown.

What an explosive show we have for you all this week! Tune in Thursday!

Confirmed Matches

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

Paul London and Billy Kidman © vs. Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree

Well I had a small impact, Rico will be moving away from Haas, but more is needed to be done...and soon.

Entry: 2nd September 2004

Time: 12:33pm

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Smackdown!

Thursday 2nd September 2004

Arco Arena – Sacramento, California

1. The Champion…A Big Return!

The music sounded around the arena as the white limo pulled out from behind the curtain. The WWE Champion JBL climbed out (still in his neck brace) alongside his chief of staff Orlando Jordan and slowly made his way into the ring – where he took a microphone.

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: I am still in a lot of pain! *boos* My private doctors have all told me the same thing...that John Bradshaw Layfield will not return to the ring for many months, the truth is that my neck is so badly injured it could be career-threatening! *cheers* If it wasn’t for the help of my chief of staff Orlando Jordan over these past few weeks…I don’t know what I would have done! I want to thank you Orlando from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

Meanwhile the man who done this damage to me will just not leave me alone! He is stalking me and making my life a living hell! (turns towards the titantron) I am willing Undertaker to let bygones be bygones and forget all of this! All you have to do Taker is…leave me alone.

The gong sounded at this point! And the Undertaker stalked his way out from the titantron towards the ring. JBL looked on in fear as Orlando Jordan attempted to get him out of the ring. It wasn’t working however and Jordan ran over to Taker as he climbed over the ropes into the ring…chokeslam to the chief of staff! JBL was still stuck inside the ring! The crowd cheered as Taker then took another look over at the champion, and began to walk towards him.

“Wellll….It’s The Big Show!” Just as Taker was about to grab JBL the Big Show’s music started! The giant was back on Smackdown! He jogged down the aisle before climbing into the ring and going face to face with the Undertaker…While Show and Taker were looking at each other JBL was sliding off his neck brace! Crack! He used the neck brace and caught the Undertaker right in the back of the head! JBL wasn’t injured at all! He was perfectly fit! It was all a scam! The WWE Champion then gave the sign and the Big Show pulled up the deadman…chokeslam of his own!

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: I didn’t want to have to do this Undertaker! All you had to do was leave me alone! That’s all you jumped up corpse! But because of you my chief of staff needed to recruit some more members of the John “Bradshaw” Layfield office…Undertaker I give you MY head of security…THE BIG SHOW!

JBL dropped the microphone and raised the Big Show’s arm in the air as the crowd booed this development vigorously. Jordan was helped back onto his feet as JBL’s music started to play again and Smackdown went to a break…

65%

-: commercial break :-

2. Funaki vs. Heidenreich

Heidenreich was led to the ring by Paul Heyman and jumped Funaki on the ramp to get the match underway. Heidenreich planted a suplex onto the steel ramp before rolling Funaki into the ring and whipping him off the ropes…Funaki attempted a cross body but was caught and dropped down into a sidebuster! Heidenreich pulled up his opponent onto his shoulders and dropped down into a sit-down powerbomb! 1…2…3. Easy win for Heidenreich, but he wasn’t finished there! He pulled up Funaki and delivered a shoulder powerbomb! Funaki landed on his neck hard and wasn’t moving as medical officials hit the ring. Who would be next for this monster of the ring?

Winner: Heidenreich

Time: 2:19

Match Rating: **

57% 46% 69%

3. Kurt Angle Interview

Backstage Kurt Angle was standing by with Josh Matthews…

Josh Matthews: Tonight Kurt Angle you will be involved in what is being seen as the toughest challenge of your career…it will be you against Eddie Guerrero, 2 out of 3 Falls.

Kurt Angle: Tough? Tough? Josh Matthews, it will be no sweat. Winning Olympic Gold with a broken freaking’ neck was the toughest challenge of my career. In fact the whole idea of Eddie Guerrero being the toughest challenge of my career insults me! I proved to you all…I can beat that Mexican hobo in the ring. And I will do tonight, Guerrero won’t have a chance.

A smile broke out across Angle’s face as he stalked off camera.

98%

4. Backstage Confrontation

Moving into the locker room Paul London was seen standing in front of his tag team partner Billy Kidman.

Paul London: Billy, man stop beating yourself up about what happened last week! Accidents do happen in the ring, people get hurt. It’s an everyday fact of life, it shouldn’t affect you in this way!

Billy Kidman: Paul, you try nearly ending someone’s career…

Paul London: I want you to stop with that downbeat, depressed attitude right now man. We have got the gold to defend tonight and if you aren’t on the ball…we will loose, plain and simple. Got it?

Billy Kidman:

Paul London: Got it?

Billy Kidman: Yeah…

London turned around and headed out of the locker room as Kidman remained seated, a hurt man. Smackdown went to a commercial break.

60%

5. WWE Tag Team Championship

Billy Kidman & Paul London © vs. Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki

Paul London spent the entire time heading down to the ring talking to Kidman who was still looking shell shocked after last weeks incident. London made sure he started the match off and faced off with Dupree – who performed his little jig! London nailed some right hands before taking the early advantage in the match. Suzuki eventually managed to tag himself into the contest while London decided to continue for his team. He continued to dominate until Suzuki caught him with a high knee off the ropes and rolled him up, 1…2…Kick out. London jumped over and made the tag to a cautious Kidman – who was knocked off the apron by Suzuki. The referee started the ring out count, 1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…Kidman was stirring…10! Dupree and Suzuki had won by count out, but that meant that Kidman and London retained the gold! Dupree and Suzuki looked annoyed as they left the ring but not as annoyed as London. He shouted at Kidman on the outside before heading to the back by himself…

Winners: Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki

Time: 9:56

Match Rating: **1/2

64% 54% 74%

6. Booker T = True Champion

As Smackdown returned from the break Booker T was making his way down to the ring with the United States Championship around his waist. When he was in the ring he was passed a microphone.

Booker T: Whas’ up Sacramento! *boos* As you sucka’s can tel’ I am one happy man here tonite’. That’s because last week on the Smackdown tour of Australia I went two one up over John Cena in the bes’ of five series. But hell! You people don’t have to believe me! I have the footage. Man in the production can, play it!

The lights dimmed as Cena was shown pulling Booker up for an FU…only for Booker to shove a thumb in Cena’s eye and roll him up! The referee didn’t see the thumb and made the cover, 1…2…3. The video came to it’s conclusion.

Booker T: It was that simple! One thumb and he fell down like a little bitch! And in two week’s time I am gonna’ win the best of five series, 3 to 1. Now can you dig that! SUCKAS!

Booker dropped the microphone and headed out of the ring with his US title…

90%

7. Theodore Long’s Announcement

Theodore Long was shown sitting behind his desk as the camera’s left Booker T at ringside.

Theodore Long: What’s up playas! This is your Smackdown General Manager here with an update for you all! Firstly…I have noticed that our WWE Champion John “Bradshaw” Layfield is back to full fitness. I want all you people in Sacramento to give me a Holla, Holla, Holla! If you think JBL should defend the WWE Title next week!

The crowd replied with a weak “Holla, Holla, Holla!” as Long smiled.

Theodore Long: Your wish is my command Sacramento! Next week JBL will be defending the WWE Title against...the returning Rico! Oh and John…expect a fine in the post for injury simulation! Believe THAT Playa!

Smackdown went to another commercial break.

79%

8. Rob Van Dam vs. Bubba Ray Dudley

Both men locked up to begin this match with Bubba Dudley taking the early advantage. D’Von and Spike cheered him on from the outside as Van Dam was planted with a Bubba Bomb! The early cover, 1…2…Kick out. While Bubba distracted the referee Spike jumped up onto the apron and dropped a neckbreaker onto the ropes on RVD! Bubba made another cover and picked up another two count before beating down on Van Dam some more. After a long period of brawling RVD managed to counter a whip off the ropes into a bulldog and roll across the ring with the rolling thunder! It was his turn to now cover, 1…2…Kick out. Van Dam set up for the Frog Splash! But he was pushed off the top rope by D’Von! The referee called for the bell and disqualified Bubba for that! Spike and D’Von hit the ring and laid into RVD as they set him up for the 3D! Rey Mysterio slid into the ring! Mysterio cleared house! The Dudley’s quickly scampered to the back after Mysterio had made the save!

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Time: 6:56

Rating: **3/4

77% 79% 73%

9. Eddie Guerrero’s on his way!

Eddie Guerrero was shown walking down a corridor backstage, he was wished good luck by many people backstage before he turned away and walked away from the camera…and towards battle.

84%

10. 2 Out of 3 Falls Match

Both men came to the ring alone for this encounter and it was Eddie who took the early advantage with a flurry of offensive moves on Angle. Eddie scored an early two count over Angle after planting a top rope superplex before Angle locked in his Anklelock! Eddie grabbed the ropes but Angle refused to let go of the hold as Latino Heat screamed out in pain. Eventually Angle released the hold and dropped an elbow onto the bad ankle before making the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Angle continued the ground-based assault on Eddie’s ankle until Latino Heat managed a quick roll up! 1…2…Angle rolled out and locked in another anklelock! Luther Reigns ran down from the back as Eddie pulled himself over towards the ropes…He then made a big mistake as he pulled the referee over while trying to get to the ropes, this allowed Reigns to score with a right hand through the ropes! Reigns climbed into the ring and ran in with a massive big boot before Angle scored with the Angle Slam! The referee was back up and hadn’t noticed the interference! 1…2…3. Angle went 1-0 up!

1st Fall Winner: Kurt Angle

Angle quickly went for another anklelock, he wanted to get the second fall and win the match! But Eddie rolled over and sent Angle through the ropes to the outside of the ring. Luther aided his mentor up before getting dropkicked from under the bottom rope by Guerrero! This was followed up by Angle getting Irish Whipped into the steel steps! And Busted Open! Eddie rolled back into the ring as the referee started a ring-out count on the hurt Olympic Gold Medallist. 1…2…3…4…5…6…Angle was stirring…7…8…9…Angle just slid into the ring! But he walked into an Angle Slam from Eddie! The crowd were stunned as Eddie hooked the leg! 1…2…Reigns broke up the count and the referee called for the disqualification as he pulled up Eddie and dropped a powerbomb!

2nd Fall Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Angle dropped an arm over Eddie immediately as Reigns left the ring, 1…2…Shoulder up! Both men exchanged right hands for a while before Angle scored with a German Suplex and covered Eddie again, 1…2…Kick out. Both men lay on the mat motionless for a few moments as replays were shown of what had just gone down in this battle. Angle was the first to his feet and blood was just trickling here and there down his face…he went to pull Eddie up and got rolled up by Latino Heat! He used the ropes for leverage! 1…2…3! EDDIE HAD STOLEN IT! He had won!

3rd Fall Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Overall Match Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Time: 22:54

Rating: ***1/2

92% 97% 83%

11. Angle and Reigns have the last laugh

But before Eddie could make a quick exit he was knocked down into the mat by Reigns’ stiff clothesline. Angle barked out orders as Reigns pulled up Eddie and held his limp body under his arm…Spinning Neckbreaker! And Eddie was completely out cold in the ring…

Angle and Reigns raised arms in the ring over the lifeless Eddie as Smackdown went off the air.

71%

Overall Show Rating: 74%

Overall TV Rating: 6.16

Attendance: 7,521

Ticket Sales: $300,840

WWE Velocity Preview

Saturday 4th September 2004

Arco Arena - Sacramento, California

In a big main event for this week's Velocity two Smackdown tag teams will square off when the Basham Brothers go up against Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn. It is sure to be a decent encounter with both teams being highly regarded in the Smackdown tag teams ranking order.

Also! Carlito Caribbean Cool will make his debut as he steps up to face Cruiserweight Shannon Moore one on one!

Velocity is sure to be an epic this week! Make sure to tune in.

Confirmed Matches

Tag Team Match

Billy Gunn and Hardcore Holly vs. Basham Brothers

Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Shannon Moore

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Velocity

Saturday 4th September 2004

Arco Arena – Sacramento, California

1. Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Shannon Moore

Velocity opened with the television debut of Carlito Caribbean Cool as he faced off against Shannon Moore. Cool took the early advantage with a series of headlocks and neck breaker’s before Moore went onto the top rope and came off with a crossbody; he hooked the leg and got a two count over the new blood. Cool fought back with a massive clothesline before making a cover of his own, 1…2…Kick out from Moore. After some punches to either man Moore took the advantage and nailed a hurricarana off the ropes! Cool staggered to his feet as Moore headed onto the top rope again! He dove off but was caught by Cool who repositioned and nailed the Cool DDT! The referee got down and made the count, 1…2…3. Carlito Caribbean Cool had won his first match on the Smackdown roster. He celebrated his win on the turnbuckles before a recap video from Smackdown started to play.

Winner: Carlito Caribbean Cool

Time: 5:34

Match Rating: *1/2

58% 55% 61%

2. Smackdown Recap:

2 Out of 3 Falls Match

Both men came to the ring alone for this encounter and it was Eddie who took the early advantage with a flurry of offensive moves on Angle. Eddie scored an early two count over Angle after planting a top rope superplex before Angle locked in his Anklelock! Eddie grabbed the ropes but Angle refused to let go of the hold as Latino Heat screamed out in pain. Eventually Angle released the hold and dropped an elbow onto the bad ankle before making the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Angle continued the ground-based assault on Eddie’s ankle until Latino Heat managed a quick roll up! 1…2…Angle rolled out and locked in another anklelock! Luther Reigns ran down from the back as Eddie pulled himself over towards the ropes…He then made a big mistake as he pulled the referee over while trying to get to the ropes, this allowed Reigns to score with a right hand through the ropes! Reigns climbed into the ring and ran in with a massive big boot before Angle scored with the Angle Slam! The referee was back up and hadn’t noticed the interference! 1…2…3. Angle went 1-0 up!

1st Fall Winner: Kurt Angle

Angle quickly went for another anklelock, he wanted to get the second fall and win the match! But Eddie rolled over and sent Angle through the ropes to the outside of the ring. Luther aided his mentor up before getting dropkicked from under the bottom rope by Guerrero! This was followed up by Angle getting Irish Whipped into the steel steps! And Busted Open! Eddie rolled back into the ring as the referee started a ring-out count on the hurt Olympic Gold Medallist. 1…2…3…4…5…6…Angle was stirring…7…8…9…Angle just slid into the ring! But he walked into an Angle Slam from Eddie! The crowd were stunned as Eddie hooked the leg! 1…2…Reigns broke up the count and the referee called for the disqualification as he pulled up Eddie and dropped a powerbomb!

2nd Fall Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Angle dropped an arm over Eddie immediately as Reigns left the ring, 1…2…Shoulder up! Both men exchanged right hands for a while before Angle scored with a German Suplex and covered Eddie again, 1…2…Kick out. Both men lay on the mat motionless for a few moments as replays were shown of what had just gone down in this battle. Angle was the first to his feet and blood was just trickling here and there down his face…he went to pull Eddie up and got rolled up by Latino Heat! He used the ropes for leverage! 1…2…3! EDDIE HAD STOLEN IT! He had won!

3rd Fall Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Overall Match Winner: Eddie Guerrero

But before Eddie could make a quick exit he was knocked down into the mat by Reigns’ stiff clothesline. Angle barked out orders as Reigns pulled up Eddie and held his limp body under his arm…Spinning Neckbreaker! And Eddie was completely out cold in the ring…

Angle and Reigns raised arms in the ring over the lifeless Eddie Guerrero…

86%

3. Akio vs. Charlie Haas

Akio took the early advantage over Haas with a few waist locks before bringing him down with a snapmere and a kick to the back of the head. Haas rolled around the mat for a moment before Akio pulled him up and slapped him over the chest a few times. The whip off the ropes saw a hurricarana attempt countered by Haas into a powerbomb, he stood up and waited for Akio to get back onto his feet…dropkick. Akio fell back against the ropes and was thrown across into the corner, Haas ran in with a high knee and allowed Akio to wander out of the corner. He pulled up his opponent and held him in the air…Brainbuster! The hook of the leg, 1…2…3. Haas had won the match with his Brainbuster and Akio left the ring not looking pleased.

Winner: Charlie Haas

Time: 4:21

Match Rating: ***

68% 56% 81%

4. Jamie Noble vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Noble was half-way down to the ring as Velocity returned from the commercial break and was joined shortly by Scotty 2 Hotty. As the bell rang Noble ran in with an axe-handle to Scotty and knocked him down to the mat, the ex-member of Too Cool was stomped across the ring into the corner before Noble chocked him with his foot. He followed that up by running along the ring and dropping down into a sliding dropkick to Scotty’s ribs! He rolled about in pain as Noble made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Noble wasn’t pleased and made another quick cover, 1…2…Kick out. He went to lock in a Sharpshooter but was kicked across into the opposite turnbuckle for his trouble by a recovering Scotty. Noble turned around and walked into a running bulldog! Scotty set himself up! W…O…R…M! He dropped the arm! And hooked the leg, 1…2…3! Scotty had recovered and had won the match! He celebrated the victory with some more dancing as Noble left the ring.

Winner: Scotty 2 Hotty

Time: 6:54

Match Rating: ***1/2

77% 63% 91%

5. Smackdown Recap

The Champion…A Big Return!

The music sounded around the arena as the white limo pulled out from behind the curtain. The WWE Champion JBL climbed out (still in his neck brace) alongside his chief of staff Orlando Jordan and slowly made his way into the ring – where he took a microphone.

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: I am still in a lot of pain! *boos* My private doctors have all told me the same thing...that John Bradshaw Layfield will not return to the ring for many months, the truth is that my neck is so badly injured it could be career-threatening! *cheers* If it wasn’t for the help of my chief of staff Orlando Jordan over these past few weeks…I don’t know what I would have done! I want to thank you Orlando from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

Meanwhile the man who done this damage to me will just not leave me alone! He is stalking me and making my life a living hell! (turns towards the titantron) I am willing Undertaker to let bygones be bygones and forget all of this! All you have to do Taker is…leave me alone.

The gong sounded at this point! And the Undertaker stalked his way out from the titantron towards the ring. JBL looked on in fear as Orlando Jordan attempted to get him out of the ring. It wasn’t working however and Jordan ran over to Taker as he climbed over the ropes into the ring…chokeslam to the chief of staff! JBL was still stuck inside the ring! The crowd cheered as Taker then took another look over at the champion, and began to walk towards him.

“Wellll….It’s The Big Show!” Just as Taker was about to grab JBL the Big Show’s music started! The giant was back on Smackdown! He jogged down the aisle before climbing into the ring and going face to face with the Undertaker…While Show and Taker were looking at each other JBL was sliding off his neck brace! Crack! He used the neck brace and caught the Undertaker right in the back of the head! JBL wasn’t injured at all! He was perfectly fit! It was all a scam! The WWE Champion then gave the sign and the Big Show pulled up the deadman…chokeslam of his own!

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: I didn’t want to have to do this Undertaker! All you had to do was leave me alone! That’s all you jumped up corpse! But because of you my chief of staff needed to recruit some more members of the John “Bradshaw” Layfield office…Undertaker I give you MY head of security…THE BIG SHOW!

JBL dropped the microphone and raised the Big Show’s arm in the air as the crowd booed this development vigorously. Jordan was helped back onto his feet as JBL’s music started to play…

67%

6. Tag Team Match

Basham Brothers vs. Billy Gunn and Hardcore Holly

Gunn and Holly came down to the ring first as a re-formed tag team since a rather silent split a few months ago, their opponents were also doing something new as it seemed that the Bashams had changed towards a martial arts tendency. Both Bashams had nun chucks and placed them under the turnbuckle in their corner as Holly and Gunn organised themselves across the ring. Danny and Gunn started the contest with Gunn taking the early momentum for his team with some whips off the ropes and some fast-paced offence. After a slow reaction though he threw away that momentum and was caught with a running clothesline from Danny, who managed to make the tag to Doug. He beat down on Gunn who was desperately attempting to get to his corner…but to no avail.

Winners: Billy Gunn and Hardcore Holly

Time: 13:43

Match Rating: **3/4

73% 69% 77%

Overall Show Rating: 71%

Overall TV Rating: 4.05

Attendance: 7,508

Ticket Sales: $300,320

Smackdown News

Week 1 by Thomas Smith

Hey all, and welcome to the first of my weekly columns which discusses the weeks news both on screen and off screen with the Smackdown side of World Wrestling Entertainment. This week saw a lot of intresting things happen on-screen as well as a couple of off-screen moments that in a way prove Vince McMahon’s allegiance on the Smackdown roster. Well, let’s get on with it!

Big Show’s Return and Placement

The surprise of this past week was the return of the Big Show to Smackdown, and how he returned – aligned with WWE Champion, JBL. This move surprised a lot of wrestling fans around the world as the Big Show is seen as one of the top guys on the Smackdown roster, and to make him second best to someone of the same level, well seems a bit silly. However theories are flying around at how Show’s alignment with JBL’s stable (more on that later) is only going to be a short term deal before a face turn and title shot somewhere down the line. It is all just talk at the moment and no-one really knows what WWE are planning with this whole situation, but as a plus it sure made an impact on what was the best Smackdown showing in a long while.

John “Bradshaw” Layfield Controversy

JBL also made headlines for the wrong reasons this past week when he escaped without any punishment after missing a WWE prepared photo shoot. Bradshaw is known to not have the best attitude and many wrestlers in the locker room feel that his treatment is above them. One wrestler was quoted to have said, “If anyone else had missed that photoshoot excluding Kurt Angle or the Undertaker they would have been fired or heavily fined, and it is just not fair at all for that to be the case”. The only thing that I personally as this column writer gained from this event this week was that JBL is still being supported entirely by Vince and cannot put a foot wrong. I expect his reign as WWE Champion to continue for a long time yet.

JBL’s Stable?

With the Big Show being the latest addition to JBL’s staff it seems more than likely this current group also including Orlando Jordan will turn into a fully-fledged stable. For a long time it seemed Kurt Angle would be the top heel with a group but this U-turn seemingly is undergoing currently with now JBL being the top heel and having the top heel group. Interestingly enough WWE trademarked “High Dollar Corporation” two weeks ago…

Velocity Debuts Carlito Caribbean Cool

Carlito Caribbean Cool made his WWE Television debut this week as he defeated Shannon Moore in the opening match on Velocity. Apparently WWE officials made this choice to debut him on Velocity in order to see how the fans react to him, and how his in-ring skills currently are. Talk at this time is to see him being put over for a few more weeks on Smackdown’s “B” show before moving up to the main product itself. From what we saw last week, he looks a decent addition.

Basham’s Get Polished

The tag team of Doug and Danny Basham this week returned from a short spell at Ohio Valley Wrestling under a new martial arts gimmick – alike Steve Blackman in his days as hardcore champion. Many writers supposedly felt that the dominatrix themed gimmick just wasn’t working to get the team over and that a change was much required. Personally I like the new gimmick and I think this could spell bigger things for Doug and Danny on Smackdown.

To finish off this week’s column here is the Bullet Points, each week they shall be named using a finishing move of a Smackdown wrestler. So here we are this week with the…Tombstone Bullet Points.

Tombstone Bullet Points

• Rico makes his return to in-ring action this week, he faces JBL for the title on Smackdown.

• Who will be putting Heidenreich over this week? Shannon Moore seems the likely candidate.

• Paul London and Billy Kidman are looking to probably split up, although WWE are currently keeping their options open.

• Booker T and John Cena are both not scheduled to be on Smackdown this week, one week before their fourth match in the best of 5 series.

• There have been rumours of an ex-Smackdown talent being contacted about a return, more on this when more information is available.

I shall see you next week, and enjoy this weeks WWE Smackdown programming, from the Blue Side of Sports Entertainment,

Tom Smith. 

WWE Smackdown Preview

for Thursday 9th September 2004

This week Smackdown shall witness the WWE Championship being on the line in the main event as the now fit John "Bradshaw" Layfield faces the returning Rico, one on one. It was ordered by Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long, and without a doubt shall top this week's show.

Last week's main event however saw Eddie Guerrero edge out a win over Kurt Angle in the 2 out of 3 Falls contest...only for Luther Reigns and Angle to make themselves the last men standing as they took out Latino Heat. All three men are scheduled to appear this week on Smackdown, what will happen? Tune in Thursday to find out!

Paul London and Billy Kidman managed to retain their Tag Team Titles last week via a disqualification - but only to be told that this week there will be a re match. The troubled champions will face Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki again! Will they be so lucky this week to keep hold of their gold? Or will Kidman's troubled mind cause their reign to end...

Heidenreich is also in action this week, while the Dudley Boyz will meet Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam in tag team action - a rematch over three months in the making since Judgment Day!

Smackdown will be explosive this week, tune in to the carnage Thursday!

Confirmed Matches

WWE Championship

John "Bradshaw" Layfield © vs. Rico

WWE Tag Team Championship

Paul London and Billy Kidman © vs. Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree

Tag Team Match

Dudley Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio

WWE Smackdown & Velocity *SPOILERS*

Filmed: Tuesday 7th September

Sent in by: Danny Hartford

Hey guys, just got back from the Smackdown and Velocity tapings from Tulsa and it was a rocket show top to bottom. Here are the results...

(Highlight below to read spoilers) - full results will be posted soon however.

WWE Velocity Results

Carlito Caribbean Cool def. Billy Gunn

Basham Brothers def. F-B-I

Hardcore Holly def. Jamie Noble

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Spike Dudley © def. Funaki

WWE Smackdown Results

Kurt Angle comes out and challenges Eddie Guerrero to face Luther Reigns 1 on 1 tonight, Eddie accepts!

WWE Tag Team Championship

Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki def. Paul London and Billy Kidman

Dupree and Suzuki become new champions despite Kidman overcoming his shooting star press issue, Chavo Guerrero's return screwed Kidman and London out of the gold.

Theodore Long announces at No Mercy it will be WWE Tag Titles on the line when Dupree and Suzuki face London and Kidman...with Chavo Guerrero as the guest referee! He tells Chavo to call it down the middle or else he will be fired!

Heidenreich def. Shannon Moore

After the match Heidenreich attacked Moore and then attacked Michael Cole at ringside, it was broken up by officials.

Eddie Guerrero def. Luther Reigns

Eddie won the match after Angle's botched interference, and in a surprising incident Charlie Haas saved Eddie from a 2 on 1 assault. He ripped into Angle before challenging Angle and Reigns to a tag match at No Mercy against him and Eddie. They accepted.

Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam def. Dudley Boyz

Awesome match! Back and forth, just awesome, big pops for this one!

John Cena Promo aired, said how he was gonna make it 2-2 next week in the Best of Five Series and eventually take the US title back.

WWE Championship

John "Bradshaw" Layfield def. Rico

JBL won when Akio ran in and screwed Rico, he was then introduced to the "High Dollar Corporation" as the "Head of Foreign Relations" before the Undertaker's music went off and Taker cleared the ring of the new stable.

Awesome show! And I guess after it went off air Rico was helped to the back by officials as Taker taunted in the ring. I can't wait for Smackdown to be back in Tulsa again!

Top Pops:

1. The Undertaker

2. Dudleys vs Mysterio and RVD

3. Eddie Guerrero

4. Charlie Haas

5. John Cena Promo

Top Heat:

1. JBL + Posse

2. Chavo Guerrero

3. Kurt Angle

4. Akio

5. Heidenreich

WWE Smackdown!

Thursday 9th September 2004

Mabee Center – Tulsa, Oklahoma

1. Kurt Angle Interview

Kurt Angle made his way down to the ring alongside Luther Reigns as Smackdown opened from Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Olympic Hero who lost to Eddie Guerrero last week took a microphone as Reigns walked over and positioned himself in the corner of the ring.

Kurt Angle: Last week, your Olympic Hero was involved in a match against that Mexican Immigrant Eddie Guerrero. And last week Eddie lied, cheated and stole his way to beat me in this ring…And sure as hell I am not freakin’ happy about it!

Angle looked very agitated and stopped for a moment to calm down before Reigns encouraged him to continue.

Kurt Angle: I am trying to keep my composure here, but Eddie Guerrero has finally crossed the line! So that’s why tonight I have a challenge for (makes inverted commas signs with hand) “Latino Heat”…to face Luther Reigns! That’s if he is of course fit enough after last week’s ass kicking we gave him…Because…

“Viva La Raza” burst over the PA system and Eddie Guerrero himself walked out onto the stage with a microphone already in hand.

Eddie Guerrero: Cut my music! Kurt Angle, last week homes you beat down on me with your big man Luther. But I am fit enough to accept your challenge, I have the latino blood you see and despite that I got knocked out essay last week it won’t stop me accepting your little challenge. For all my amigos here in Tulsa, I am going to beat you Luther Reigns, and I am going to kick some major ass homes!

Eddie’s music started up again as Luther and Angle smiled in the ring, he then left the stage hitting his chest as Smackdown went to its first commercial.

93%

2. WWE Tag Team Championship

Billy Kidman and Paul London © vs. Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree

London and Kidman both looked more focused in comparison with last week and after a few final assurances from his partner Kidman looked ready. When their opponents were in the ring Kidman decided he was going to start the match. Kenzo Suzuki started for his team and locked up with one half of the tag team champions to get the match underway. Kidman dominated the opening moments of the match and scored many combinations of moves off the ropes before making the tag to London. He climbed into the ring and scored a shining wizard to the kneeling Suzuki! The cover, 1…2…Broken up by Dupree who then left the ring. Suzuki was whipped off the ropes but the interference from Dupree seemed to help him as he countered and took down London with a backdrop! Submission time was next as Suzuki applied a leg lock…London was stretching for the ropes but just couldn’t reach! He was ready to tap the mat but managed to roll himself over and put the pressure back on Suzuki! Suzuki released the hold quickly and was thrown over the top rope to the outside of the ring! Dupree climbed into the ring and was met by Kidman as chaos broke out in the match, on the outside Suzuki was thrown into the ring steps! The referee headed to the outside of the ring and checked on the fallen Japanese wrestler as Kidman meanwhile delivered a scoop slam to Dupree. He headed onto the top rope! Shooting Star Press! He had gotten over it! He had gotten over the mental block that held him back the week before! But wait! Chavo Guerrero was standing in the ring behind him! Superkick to Kidman! London slid back into the ring! Superkick! Chavo slid out of the ring as Suzuki and the referee both got back into the ring! No! Suzuki hooked London’s leg! 1…2…3! NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! Dupree and Suzuki celebrated with the gold in the ring as Kidman looked across to the smiling Chavo standing in the aisle.

Winners: Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree

Time: 13:34

68% 55% 81%

3. Theodore Long’s Smackdown

Backstage Smackdown G.M. Theodore Long was sitting down behind his desk watching the replays of Chavo’s return and attack on the ex-Tag Team Champions. He noticed he was being filmed and pressed the off button on the television.

Theodore Long: Well hello Tulsa, Oklahoma! Welcome to Smackdown, hope you have enjoyed the show so far but your main playa’ has got a question for ya all. It involves the next Smackdown Pay-Per-View, No Mercy! Now, do ya people want to see Paul London and Billy Kidman get their Tag Title Re-Match? (loud cheers).

Long stops and laughs for a moment before continuing.

Theodore Long: Well your wish is my command Tulsa, because at No Mercy. It will be, WWE Tag Team Titles on the line. Dupree and Suzuki defendin’ against Kidman and London…with a special referee! This referee will be someone who isn’t cleared to wrestle till mid October…that’s you Chavo Guerrero! (boos) Oh and Chavo…Make sure you call that match down tha’ middle or else you might find yourself fired! (cheers). Enjoy the res’ of the show Tulsa!

The announcement was there, at No Mercy the WWE Tag Team Titles would be on the line when Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree defend against Paul London and Billy Kidman. And of course Chavo Guerrero would be the guest referee…Smackdown went to a commercial break.

66%

4. Heidenreich vs. Shannon Moore

Heidenreich was once again accompanied down to ringside by his manager Paul Heyman, and it did not take long for this match to get underway. As soon as Moore stepped into the ring Heidenreich met him with a few massive fists – that knocked his opponent repeatedly onto the mat. Then Moore was pulled up and whipped off the ropes into a big boot. Heidenreich took a glance over to his manager who placed his thumb up…and turned it upside down! He laughed before grabbing Moore up from the mat around the neck and holding him in the air. Chokeslam! Heidenreich covered, 1…2…3. Another easy win for Heyman’s new monster, but it was not over there as Heyman once again dropped his thumb, and Heidenreich attacked again. A second chokeslam saw Moore lifeless on the mat, and officials quickly make their way into the ring to aid the fallen cruiserweight star.

Winner: Heidenreich

Time: 2:45

Match Rating: **

57% 45% 69%

5. Heidenreich Wasn’t Finished…

As Heidenreich went and met up with Heyman on the outside he noticed how Michael Cole was making a lot of gestures at the announce table towards him. He didn’t like this at all and grabbed Cole around the collar! Heidenreich pulled him up over the table and onto the floor as the WWE officials jumped out of the ring to aid him. They managed to eventually help Cole to get away from Heidenreich’s grip. Heyman led his monster away as Tazz helped his announce partner back up…It was a lucky escape for Cole who had Heidenreich screaming and staring a hole through him as he was lead away to the back.

68%

An advert for WWE No Mercy aired concentrating on how JBL has shown people no mercy during his time as WWE champion. It ran through his opponents in Eddie Guerrero and the Undertaker before trailing off with, “I shall show No Mercy…Sunday October 3rd” it finished with JBL being shown raising a smug smile.

6. Eddie Guerrero vs. Luther Reigns

As the advert finished “Viva La Raza” started to play over the sound system as it was time for Eddie Guerrero to go up against Kurt Angle’s man Luther Reigns. Eddie drove out in a green and orange low rider before making his way down to the ring and awaiting his opponent. Reigns came out looking strong and quickly attacked Eddie to get the contest underway. A few knees saw Latino Heat down on the mat as Reigns continued to pummel him over and over. However Eddie wasn’t going to allow Reigns to gain any momentum and countered a whip off the ropes into a tornado DDT, he hooked the leg and managed to squeeze out a quick two count. Reigns got straight back up though and clobbered Eddie down into the mat with a shoulder barge before knocking him about all over the ring. Reigns forced Eddie into the corner and stomped down on him before getting nailed in the stomach, Eddie was feeling it! He punched his way out of the corner and elbowed Reigns in the face before taking him down with a running forearm. Eddie headed up onto the top rope! But Kurt Angle was running down the aisle! He pushed Eddie off the top rope into Reign’s grasp, Reigns went for the spinning neckbreaker! Countered! Eddie dropped a DDT and knocked Angle off the apron before heading onto the top rope…Frog Splash! Eddie hooked the leg, 1…2…3! Eddie won it!

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Time: 8:26

Latino Heat celebrated his win in the ring before turning around into a massive big boot from Reigns! Angle joined the double team assault, and just like the week before it was two against one on Eddie. Angle nailed the Angle Slam before he turned to notice someone running down the ramp and sliding into the ring, it was Charlie Haas! Angle’s ex-protégé! He clobbered Angle with a right hand and dropkick before clothelining him and Reigns over the top rope to the outside of the ring! He had cleaned house! Angle and Reigns backed away as Haas helped up Eddie and called for a microphone.

Charlie Haas: Kurt Angle, I am sick and tired of seeing you, the man I admired and supported during my opening stages of my WWE career doing this to people. Playing the numbers game to your advantage and using Luther Reigns as your weapon of mass destruction – just the way you used me and Shelton in Team Angle. And do you know what? I have an excuse to be a tad annoyed with you because you left me Kurt, you left me out in the cold. I fought this very man Eddie Guerrero in the ring Pay-Per-View after Pay-Per-View for Team Angle against Los Guerreros…and you didn’t care less. You returned and became champion again, and forgot that I and Shelton ever existed.

Haas stopped as the crowd cheered all the things he was saying.

Charlie Haas: But it doesn’t matter now…I was lost for a while, but now…I am back on track with my career. And at No Mercy Kurt Angle I want to complete my withdrawl from you and defeat you, because this has dragged on too much in my eyes. But seeing as you have this thing with Eddie I propose that I step up alongside him to face you and Luther Reigns in a Tag Team Match! What do you say about that?!

Angle thought for a moment before nodding from the aisle way. Haas’ music started to play and he turned to Eddie…both men shook hands and taunted in the ring.

70% 65% 75%

7. Tag Team Match

Dudley Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio

Smackdown returned from the break as RVD and Rey Mysterio squared off against the Dudley Boyz in a Judgment Day rematch! RVD and D’Von started the match for their teams and whipped each other off the ropes a few times before Van Dam took the advantage and took down D’Von with a snapmere into a flipping neckbreaker. He ran off the opposite ropes immediately following the move and slid in with a dropkick before hooking the leg, 1…2…Kick out. D’Von kicked out and was kicked in the face as soon as he got back onto his feet, spinning heel kick! RVD was cooking as D’Von fell towards his corner and managed to outstretch his hand to Bubba. The new legal man ducked a spinning heel kick attempt from Van Dam and scored a couple of punches before whipping him off the ropes and planting a back body drop! Mysterio reached his hand out in worry as RVD was whipped into the Dudley’s corner and worked on by the long time partners. Tags were exchanged as D’Von and Bubba stomped down on Mr Thursday Night, he just couldn’t escape anywhere at all. Bubba tagged back in from D’Von and was superkicked right in the face from nowhere! RVD scrambled across the ring and made the tag to Mysterio, who jumped onto the top rope and came off with a hurricarana to Bubba! D’Von climbed into the ring and had Mysterio roll through his legs and launch a dropkick from behind that knocked him over the top rope! RVD got back onto his feet and came off the ropes with a rolling thunder to Bubba! The referee pushed him to the outside of the ring as D’Von grabbed Mysterio’s leg and pulled him down onto the mat, Bubba took advantage…Bubba Bomb! He hooked the leg, 1…2…RVD came off the top with a legdrop to Bubba’s skull! D’Von slid back into the ring and clobbered Van Dam over the top rope, it was all action now! Mysterio stumbled onto his feet and…the 3D! The Dudley’s had scored the 3D! Bubba hooked the leg, 1…2…Shoulder up! Mysterio just got the shoulder up and neither Bubba or D’Von could believe it! They went for a second 3D and RVD managed to come off the top rope with a superkick to Bubba just in time. It resulted in Mysterio rolling up D’Von! The referee made the count, 1…2…Kick out. It was close! RVD was tagged back into the match as Bubba was low bridged over the top rope, D’Von was tripped onto the bottom rope by Mysterio! 619! He rolled back into the middle of the ring with the impact as Van Dam came off the top rope! Five Star Frog Splash! Nailed! 1…2…3! RVD and Mysterio won it! What a match! The two men celebrated what was a classic tag battle as the Dudleys headed back down the aisle to the back. What a win!

Winners: Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio

Time: 19:32

Match Rating: ****1/4

87% 80% 95%

8. John Cena Promo

A promo video aired showing John Cena sitting down in a production chair (like in the movies), he looked to the camera and started to speak.

John Cena: Hey ya’ll, it’s John Cena right here from the set of ma’ movie that I’m makin’ with Vinnie Mac. Wishin’ you all a good show and all dat, but as you see it’s Booker T where my problem’s at. Last week he ran his mouth, he beat John Cena down under. Pity the surgeons made his down below a blunder! But next week Booker, it’s gonna be all fair and square. Two, two. Cause’ John Cena’s gonna score the F-U…Pin you down and count, one, two, three. You’ll then look into my eyes and realise you fear me!

Cena stopped and took a serious tone…

John Cena: I am going to take that United States title…And you know it to be true Book. It’s already signed to history…and there’s nothing you can do.

The video ended with Cena banging his hands together in the Word Life taunt as Smackdown went to another commercial break.

78%

9. WWE Championship

John “Bradshaw” Layfield © vs. Rico

JBL came down to the ring in his limo alongside his head of security, the Big Show and his chief of staff, Orlando Jordan. All three men looked dominant as Bradshaw raised his belt above his head and waited for his opponent. The crowd cheered loudly as Rico made his return and stepped into the ring alongside the WWE Champion. He blew a kiss to JBL and ducked a punch attempt before planting a smacker right on the champ’s lips! Bradshaw was pissed and rubbed his face with his hands before running towards Rico, he was tripped onto his hands and knees…Rico rode him like a pony! Rico was really enjoying himself as Big Show climbed onto the apron and caught the challenger’s attention, low blow from Bradshaw! But…Rico liked it! He smiled and made the suggestion he do the same to JBL! The champion did not like this at all and clobbered Rico down with a forearm before stomping the challenger over into the corner of the ring. Bradshaw then whipped Rico off the ropes only to have his Clothesline from Hell attempt ducked! Superkick! The champ was down! Rico made the cover, 1…2...Jordan broke up the count! He received a smack on the backside for his trouble! Rico turned around and ducked a JBL kick…and the champion collided with the referee! The referee was down, rollup from Rico! The crowd counted! 1…2…3. But there was no referee! Rico should have been the WWE Champion, but wait a minute! Akio climbed into the ring! Where in the hell did he come from?

Superkick to Rico…Clothesline from Hell! The cover from JBL, the referee slowly got back up…1………2………3. Bradshaw retained the WWE Championship, but why did in the hell

Akio interfere? JBL retains thanks to Akio?!

Winner: John “Bradshaw” Layfield

Time: 5:54

76% 78% 72%

10. The High Dollar Corporation

Big Show and Jordan joined JBL and Akio in the ring looking down over the fallen Rico. Eventually after raising a smile to the booing crowd Bradshaw took a microphone.

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: What you people have witnessed tonight, is the start of the new revolution here on Smackdown! The Undertaker was the first, Rico the second. The High Dollar Corporation is here to make an impact…with me John “Bradshaw” Layfield, the leader. Orlando Jordan, the chief of staff. The Big Show, head of security. And now…Akio, head of foreign affairs. We are an unstoppable team! This is the start of something brutal, and there’s nothing no one can do a damm thing about it.

JBL smiles again before nailing the stumbling Rico right in the head with the microphone! It busted him open as Big Show dragged him back up and planted a massive chokeslam…

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: NO ONE CAN STOP US!

Then…the lights went out around the arena. And the gong sounded…

68%

11. Straight from the Darkness

When the lights came back on the Undertaker was standing in the ring behind all the members of the High Dollar Corporation! They were all looking towards the titantron and didn’t notice his presence! Taker grabbed Akio and smashed his head together against Jordan’s before Big Show grabbed the deadman around the neck. The crowd went wild as Taker fought out of the hold and delivered a chokeslam of his own to the head of security! JBL was left all by himself against the Undertaker! He went to run…but was caught! Tombstone to the WWE Champion! Undertaker had just laid out the entire High Dollar Corporation! The Undertaker was back! The man from the darkside picked up the WWE Title and taunted with it…he still seemingly wanted the gold! Smackdown went off the air as the arena turned a shade of purple and the gong sounded again…

87%

Overall Show Rating: 73%

Overall TV Rating: 5.85

Attendance: 7,540

Ticket Sales: $301,600

WWE Velocity Preview

Saturday 11th September 2004

Mabee Center - Tulsa, Oklahoma

This week's Velocity main event shall see Smackdown Gold up for grabs when WWE Cruiserweight Champion Spike Dudley faces off against the returning Funaki, is Funaki 100% after his beating at the hands of Heidenreich two weeks ago? Find out if he is, and if he can win the title on Velocity!

Also! Carlito Caribbean Cool is back in singles action against Billy Gunn, he defeated Shannon Moore last week...can the winning streak continue for the new blood on Smackdown?

The Basham Brothers look to put right their loss last week against Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn, their opponents? The F-B-I. Should be another top rate match.

Velocity looks awesome this week, make sure to tune in!

Confirmed Matches

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Spike Dudley © vs. Funaki

Tag Team Match

Basham Brothers vs. F-B-I

Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Billy Gunn

WWE Velocity

Saturday 11th September 2004

Mabee Center - Tulsa, Oklahoma

1. Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Billy Gunn

For the second week running on Velocity Carlito Caribbean Cool would open the show in singles action, this week against Billy Gunn. Both men locked up in the middle of the ring to get the match underway before Gunn nailed a couple of snap suplexes. Gunn then knocked down Cool with a couple of dropkicks, he made the early cover and got a two count. Gunn applied a ground based headlock – which Cool managed to stand up in, he nailed a backdrop to Gunn which released the hold. He went to whip the ex DX member into the ropes but had it countered! Gunn went for the Fameasser, but Cool sidestepped it! Cool DDT! 1…2…3! The Cool DDT had aided Carlito Caribbean Cool to a second win on his second Velocity outing! Cool climbed the turnbuckles in celebration of his win.

Winner: Carlito Caribbean Cool

Time: 4:11

73% 69% 78%

2. Smackdown Recap

Luther Reigns vs. Eddie Guerrero, the before, the match, the aftermath

The highlights from Smackdown picked up mid-interview…

Kurt Angle: … Eddie lied, cheated and stole his way to beat me in this ring…And sure as hell I am not freakin’ happy about it!

Angle looked very agitated and stopped for a moment to calm down before Reigns encouraged him to continue.

Kurt Angle: I am trying to keep my composure here, but Eddie Guerrero has finally crossed the line! So that’s why tonight I have a challenge for (makes inverted commas signs with hand) “Latino Heat”…to face Luther Reigns! That’s if he is of course fit enough after last week’s ass kicking we gave him…Because…

“Viva La Raza” burst over the PA system and Eddie Guerrero himself walked out onto the stage with a microphone already in hand.

Eddie Guerrero: Cut my music! Kurt Angle, last week homes you beat down on me with your big man Luther. But I am fit enough to accept your challenge, I have the latino blood you see and despite that I got knocked out essay last week it won’t stop me accepting your little challenge. For all my amigos here in Tulsa, I am going to beat you Luther Reigns, and I am going to kick some major ass homes!

The highlights then switched to mid-match between Eddie and Reigns…

Eddie Guerrero vs. Luther Reigns

…Eddie was feeling it! He punched his way out of the corner and elbowed Reigns in the face before taking him down with a running forearm. Eddie headed up onto the top rope! But Kurt Angle was running down the aisle! He pushed Eddie off the top rope into Reign’s grasp, Reigns went for the spinning neckbreaker! Countered! Eddie dropped a DDT and knocked Angle off the apron before heading onto the top rope…Frog Splash! Eddie hooked the leg, 1…2…3! Eddie won it!

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Time: 8:26

Latino Heat celebrated his win in the ring before turning around into a massive big boot from Reigns! Angle joined the double team assault, and just like the week before it was two against one on Eddie. Angle nailed the Angle Slam before he turned to notice someone running down the ramp and sliding into the ring, it was Charlie Haas! Angle’s ex-protégé! He clobbered Angle with a right hand and dropkick before clothelining him and Reigns over the top rope to the outside of the ring!

Charlie Haas: Kurt Angle, I am sick and tired of seeing you, the man I admired and supported during my opening stages of my WWE career doing this to people. Playing the numbers game to your advantage…

The video cut to the end of the segment with Haas still speaking.

Charlie Haas: And at No Mercy Kurt Angle I want to complete my withdrawl from you and defeat you, because this has dragged on too much in my eyes. But seeing as you have this thing with Eddie I propose that I step up alongside him to face you and Luther Reigns in a Tag Team Match! What do you say about that?!

Angle thought for a moment before nodding from the aisle way. Haas’ music started to play and he turned to Eddie…both men shook hands and taunted in the ring.

74%

3. Tag Team Match

Basham Brothers vs. F-B-I

The Bashams came down to the ring with their martial arts gear and waved their nun chucks around before placing them under the turnbuckle in their corner of the ring. Doug started the match against Johnny Stamboli and took the early advantage with some off-the-ropes based offence. The tag was made to Danny who continued the control that the Bashams had. Eventually Stamboli managed to rake his opponent in the eyes and make the tag to the feisty Nunzio – who jumped into the ring and attacked both Doug and Danny. He knocked the later softly into the referee and scored with a DDT to Doug! With the referee down Nunzio turned around straight into a shot from Danny with the nun chucks! He folded up and the referee came to as Danny made the cover, 1…2…3. The Bashams stole this win thanks to the nun chucks!

Winners: Basham Brothers

Time: 6:45

72% 65% 80%

4. Jamie Noble vs. Hardcore Holly

Could Hardcore Holly win his singles match after Billy Gunn had lost his earlier in the night? Well he started off badly as Jamie Noble took the early advantage and scored a few suplexes and scoop slams. He went for the Swingblade only to have it countered…Alabama Slam! Holly hooked the leg, 1…2…3. Holly won the match with only one move! He celebrated in the ring as Velocity went to more Smackdown highlights.

Winner: Hardcore Holly

Time: 3:29

71% 66% 76%

5. Smackdown Recap

The Formation of the High Dollar Corporation

The highlights were joined towards the end of the WWE Championship match between John “Bradshaw” Layfield and Rico…

WWE Championship

John “Bradshaw” Layfield © vs. Rico

… Rico turned around and ducked a JBL kick…and the champion collided with the referee! The referee was down, rollup from Rico! The crowd counted! 1…2…3. But there was no referee! Rico should have been the WWE Champion, but wait a minute! Akio climbed into the ring! Where in the hell did he come from?

Superkick to Rico…Clothesline from Hell! The cover from JBL, the referee slowly got back up…1………2………3. Bradshaw retained the WWE Championship, but why did in the hell

Akio interfere? JBL retains thanks to Akio?!

Winner: John “Bradshaw” Layfield

Time: 5:54

Big Show and Jordan joined JBL and Akio in the ring looking down over the fallen Rico. Eventually after raising a smile to the booing crowd Bradshaw took a microphone.

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: What you people have witnessed tonight, is the start of the new revolution here on Smackdown! The Undertaker was the first, Rico the second. The High Dollar Corporation is here to make an impact…with me John “Bradshaw” Layfield, the leader. Orlando Jordan, the chief of staff. The Big Show, head of security. And now…Akio, head of foreign affairs. We are an unstoppable team! This is the start of something brutal, and there’s nothing no one can do a damm thing about it.

JBL smiles again before nailing the stumbling Rico right in the head with the microphone!

The video then cut to JBL speaking again…

John “Bradshaw” Layfield: NO ONE CAN STOP US!

Then…the lights went out around the arena. And the gong sounded…

When the lights came back on the Undertaker was standing in the ring behind all the members of the High Dollar Corporation! They were all looking towards the titantron and didn’t notice his presence! Taker grabbed Akio and smashed his head together against Jordan’s before Big Show grabbed the deadman around the neck. The crowd went wild as Taker fought out of the hold and delivered a chokeslam of his own to the head of security! JBL was left all by himself against the Undertaker! He went to run…but was caught! Tombstone to the WWE Champion! Undertaker had just laid out the entire High Dollar Corporation! The Undertaker was back! The man from the darkside picked up the WWE Title and taunted with it…he still seemingly wanted the gold!

69%

6. WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Spike Dudley © vs. Funaki

Spike met Funaki in the aisle as the challenger was making his way down to the ring, he obviously wanted to gain an unfair advantage over his opponent. Spike rammed Funaki into the ring steps before rolling him into the ring and making a cover, 1…2…Kick out. “The Boss” was not pleased at this and shouted at the referee before making a second cover, 1…2…Kick out again. While he lectured the referee he allowed Funaki an opportunity! Rollup from Funaki, 1…2…Kick out from Spike, just. The match went back and forth all over the place until Funaki was caught in the corner and Spike managed to run off the turnbuckle with the Dudley Dogg! He hooked the leg, 1…2…3. And Spike retained the Cruiserweight Championship. He headed to the back as Velocity came to its conclusion.

Winner: Spike Dudley

Time: 11:23

67% 59% 76%

Overall Show Rating: 70%

Overall TV Rating: 4.09

Attendance: 7,501

Ticket Sales: $300,040

Smackdown News

Week 2 by Thomas Smith

Hey everyone and welcome to week two of my column focusing on the Smackdown side of World Wrestling Entertainment. This week saw few off screen and on screen developments with No Mercy starting to come to the forefront of people’s minds, and seemingly the only thing to be happening!

WWE No Mercy – First Matches Announced

The first two matches for No Mercy were announced this week in what seemed very hasty circumstances. Rumour has it that WWE weren’t really ready to announce the two Tag Team matches but had no choice in order to get some specific advertising for the event running. The No Mercy main event is not set to be unveiled for another couple of weeks yet, while the final card is also not yet determined. Smackdown does seem still in a creative mess, but the product has of late been good enough for this to go un-noticed.

Other Plans for No Mercy?

WWE has kept very tight lipped about what the main event for No Mercy currently is but we can only guess it will be John “Bradshaw” Layfield defending the WWE Title against the Undertaker in a stipulation match – what stipulation, we just don’t know. Hell In A Cell is a possibility, although in my eyes it would destroy all the creative plus points over the last couple of weeks by doing so. The cell really is an outdated and overused gimmick now. I wouldn’t mind placing a bet on a Stretcher Match or I Quit Match as outside bets, but who knows?

In other match possibilities I wouldn’t be surprised to see Heidenreich squash someone, but his current feud with Michael Cole is confusing me…

Otherwise apart from these two matches I honestly cannot see anything else for No Mercy at this point…

Confirmation of the High Dollar Corporation

As predicted last week the High Dollar Corporation came to Smackdown this week with Akio being the latest member of the JBL led stable. However it did surprise me to have Undertaker destroy the welcoming party, its not the best way to start a stable to have it demolished by one man in the same night it is formed…but hell I suppose it is the Undertaker.

Spike Dudley Pushed up the Card

Spike Dudley this week following his Velocity match against Funaki asked to be moved up the card to a midcarder status. Smackdown officials granted his wish and rumours are that he will team up with the Dudley Boyz this week against Mysterio, RVD and Funaki in a 6 Man Tag Team Match.

In what has been a shortened look at Smackdown news for this week we finish off with the Dudley Dogg Bullet Points, in honour of our new midcarder…

Dudley Dogg Bullet Points

• Despite not being Smackdown news, Eric Bischoff entered a Drug Rehabilitation Unit this past week for a cocaine addiction. Bischoff was told either to go or to be fired…if all goes well he shall be back in three to six months.

• Next week’s Velocity looks set to debut one or two OVW stars…names are currently unknown however.

• John Cena vs. Booker T, Rey Mysterio/RVD/Funaki vs. Dudleys are the only confirmed matches for this week’s Smackdown as I write this.

• Chavo Guerrero is still not cleared to wrestle, thus the legitimacy of the current storyline with him and Kidman. He is not allowed to take bumps till around No Mercy time.

• Curiously the tag team match from last week with Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam and the Dudley's is currently one of the match of the year candidates for WWE!

• Booker T spent last week off visiting family and friends.

Smackdown looks an interesting show this week, from me Tom Smith, signing off, see you next week.

Tom Smith