Shaun of the Dead

Hellfire

Alright, I just got back from the movie theaters, where I saw Shaun of the Dead. I have to say that in my opinion, it was the movie of the year. I'm not joking or anything either. I loved it that much. It was funny as hell, gory and had its romantic parts as well. Anyways, has anyone seen it?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely one of the most entertaining movies of 2004. I think what really worked was that the movie was made with a real sense of originality instead of descending into cliched satire. There was a sense of legitimacy with the zombies too. I'm looking forward to Simon Pegg's future works.

Damn awesome movie and I think I already rated as my favourite movie of the year, probably joint top with The Girl Next Door.

Simon Pegg is hilarious the whole way through it and I hope to see him in a few more films sometime soon. I love the part where they go through the plan about three times(Get car, pick up mum etc etc).

Typical and great British comedy.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Simon Pegg is a comical genius, nuff said. Check out "Spaced", "Big Train" & even "The Man Who Thinks He Is It - Alan Partridge Live" (Simon Pegg supports him on it. It's all ace. Shaun of the Dead is still my movie of the year, and the cameo of Matt Lucas, etc, makes it even better.

Comical note: Members of the band 80's B-Line Matchbox Disaster play zombies in the film.

It's still in the cinemas?

I got the DVD last week. The special features are dope. They explain what happens to Shaun (when he distracts the zombies), Diane (when she goes out after David) and Ed (after Shaun and Liz leave the pub cellar) through the medium of comic strips. They also have all the TV spots from the end, and the Vernon Kay/Coldplay 'ZombAid' one is hilarious.

"There is no 'I' in 'Team', but there is an 'I' in 'Pie'...'Meat Pie', there's an 'I' in 'Meat Pie' and 'Meat' is an anagram of 'Team'...Oh I don't know"

Nick Frost is far and away the funniest in the film, though.

Guest Angry Baboon

It was wasted on the Yanks, it's going to get turned into a 'cult' film by knob Yankee teenagers who don't get half of the jokes. And then the film will be ruined. It's the USA effect, same thing happened with the Clash, Elvis Costello and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Drawling apes.

Fucking Pegg. Reading the metro today, what do I see?

Special edition of spaced coming out.

For fucks sake. I FUCKING HATE DVD'S.

Yeah, so the special first and second comination box set wasn't special enough? You have to make it more special with a third disc.

Fuck DVD.

Fucking Pegg. Reading the metro today, what do I see?

Special edition of spaced coming out.

For fucks sake. I FUCKING HATE DVD'S.

Yeah, so the special first and second comination box set wasn't special enough? You have to make it more special with a third disc.

Fuck DVD.

Excellent. Guess I shall be purchasing it with my next pay cheque. Good job I didn't buy them and instead just borrowed them. I am great B)

It was wasted on the Yanks, it's going to get turned into a 'cult' film by knob Yankee teenagers who don't get half of the jokes. And then the film will be ruined. It's the USA effect, same thing happened with the Clash, Elvis Costello and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Drawling apes.