Blast from the Past

oldskool

ok, i read this and i think its good. it has the nostalgia feel, and im glad shamrock and severn are gone b/c seeing them on every card was starting to piss me off. start to mix up the booking to keep it all interesting

Where the hell is he???

We've been searching for him for hours. Nobody's seen Piper, and it's hours before the show's about to start. What the hell happened?

Suddenly, out of a bar across town, we receive a phone call.

Uh, yeah, there's this Scottish guy down here beatin the hell outta people...

Quickly we hopped a cab and headed over to the bar.

Sure as can be, there was Piper, kicking asses all over the place; bikers mainly, but some guys trying to show off for the ladies got a fair share of their ass kicked, showing that ol' RP is an equal opportunity ass-kicker when he's drunk.

HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Vin-man! Howzit goin?

Ah've been havin da tiiiiime of mah life!

I mean, I was at dis fair, right?

And man you ain't gonna believe ol' RP on this one.....

At this point I stopped Roddy mid-sentence and got him in the cab.

I knew what he was going to tell me.

I knew before he even started to slur his words.

The look of his body...no beer gut...more muscle...

And the look in his eyes...of hunger, frustration and anger all in one...

1984 Roddy Piper...Welcome home.

American Dragon v. Chris Daniels v. Sabu v. Curt Hennig

1st: Am Drag

2nd: Sabu

3rd: Hennig

Winner: Daniels

Tazz v. Mystery Opponent A v. Psychosis v. Scott Andrews

1st: Scott Andrews

2nd: Psychosis

3rd: A

Winner: Tazz

Jerry Lawler v. Hulk Hogan v. Randy Savage v. Ric Flair

1st: Lawler

2nd: Flair

3rd: Hogan

Winner: Savage

Jake Roberts v. Ricky Steamboat v. Roddy Piper v. Mystery Opponent B

1st: Steamboat

2nd: Roberts

3rd: Piper

Winner: B

May 29, 2005

The WWWF has turned itself into a wasteland as of late, with turns, swerves and backstage assaults.

Hence the name of this month's PPV, WWWF Wasteland.

As previously announced, it'll be four matches of four, elimination-style.

First up:

American Dragon v. Chris Daniels v. Sabu v. Curt Hennig

Another world-class match, much like their tag match of a few months ago, except this time it's every man for themselves for a shot at the WWWF title.

The referee was very wary about disqualifications and countouts, so he let a lot of things go that would have been DQ's, and also allowed out-of-ring brawling for well past the ten count.

First elimination came when Hennig hit the Hennig Plex on the American Dragon and that got three.

Elimination #1: American Dragon

Before leaving the ring, however, Dragon laid out Hennig with a chair shot to the back, that let Sabu hit the Arabian Facebuster off the top to eliminate Hennig.

Elimination #2: Curt Hennig

Down to Daniels and Sabu, two undefeated singles stars (as they'd have you think) battling it out for a shot at the title.

These guys went at it all over the place, on the ramp, on the announce table (that didn't get broken, although we did bring extras just in case)...everywhere!

Their finish came when Daniels went up top and hit the Arabian Facebuster on Sabu for the winning pinfall!

Elimination #3: Sabu

Winner: CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

After the match, Daniels celebrated, with an Owen Hart-esque "I DID IT WHOO!"

Next up is Fatal Fourway number two.

Out first, to everyone's surprise, is the returning TAZ.

Then out comes Psychosis, still badly limping from the attack of Scott Andrews last month.

Third is Andrews, carrying the pipe and laughing as he sees Psychosis protect his knee.

Fourth out...

IT'S TIME!

IT'S TIME!

IT'S

VADER TIME

Tazz v. VADER v. Psychosis v. Scott Andrews

Shocked by the debut of the massive Vader, nobody had any idea what to do, so a Pier Six to start things off.

Andrews goes right back to that knee, and Vader goes after Taz, who does his best to stay away while looking as tough as possible.

Quick night for Psychosis, as Andrews locks in a side legbar submission to get the tapout.

Elimination #1: Psychosis

Psychosis limps to the back while Andrews sits in the ring, watching the mammoth chase the street fighter on the outside.

These matches weren't supposed to be "Hardcore rules" but the referee understandably doesn't want to deal with the wrath of any of these guys if he ends their title hopes with a DQ our countout.

Taz hides behind the steel steps, and then spears Vader in the side of the knee, toppling the big man over.

He then leaps onto his back and starts to choke him out with the devastating TAZMISSION!

Vader flails about wildly, thrashing from side to side, trying to get Taz to let go, before finally falling backwards, smashing Taz between the steel steps and Vader.

Taz is down and holding his ribs....shit.

Medics come rushing out and Taz is being removed from the match for his own safety.

Elimination #2: Taz

Now after watching a tough guy like Taz be taken out unintentionally by Vader, Andrews has to wonder what the giant Vader can do when he INTENDS to do it.

Obviously Andrews tries to use his technical skills and his overall quickness to stay one step ahead of Vader, but Vader surprises Andrews with his quickness and almost hits a powerbomb (Andrews slid down the back and got out of the ring to clear his head).

Andrews back in, and again with a chop block to Vader's knee taking him down.

Looks like Vader blew up trying to keep pace with Andrews, and Scottie knows it.

Dropkick to the face, and then the side legbar for ANOTHER submission victory.

Elimination #3: Vader

Winner: SCOTT ANDREWS

As Vader rolls out of the ring and limps backstage, Andrews is shown backstage already with his trusty pipe.

He sees Psychosis getting his knee taped up...and seizes the opportunity with a pipe shot to the kneecap!

Psychosis is down and in agony and Andrews locks in the side legbar for the second time to Psychosis' injured right knee, making him scream in AGONY!

Referees finally pry Andrews off, but not until after the major damage has been done...

Jerry Lawler v. Hulk Hogan v. Randy Savage v. Ric Flair

No surprises in this match, just four guys looking for a shot at gold.

Brawl all the way through, although Lawler/Flair had their submission moments on the outside.

First elimination came when Savage took a HUGE risk going for the Savage Elbow Drop on Lawler through the announce table.

Lawler rolled off of the table and out of the way, but Savage had no chance to evade the table.

Savage's shoulder looked to be severely separated from the impact and the referee told him that he couldn't continue, much to the crowd's chagrin.

Elimination #1: Randy Savage

These guys want that title SO badly...seems like every month somebody's taking an insane risk to get the crowd behind them enough to possibly give them a shot for the gold. Steamboat's Suicide Crossbody a few months back, Savage's career-shortening elbow drop from the top to the table to the floor...

Lawler was still on the floor hurting (just because he rolled off the table doesn't mean he's healthy again), so it was Flair and Hogan on the outside brawling.

The self-proclaimed "Dirtiest player in the game" showed that at every opportunity, taking the advantage with low blows and the sudden thumb to the eye to keep Hogan at bay.

By the time the action got back in the ring, Lawler had recovered, but realized that it was smarter to sit out and watch Flair and Hogan wear each other out than to get in there and battle, so he stayed down by the announce table pretending to be hurt.

Flair knocked Hogan to the mat with a NASTY chop, and then locked in the Figure Four!

At this, Lawler sneaks into the ring, mocking Hogan's cupping of the ear to the crowd, before delivering the ultimate injustice and delivering a leg drop to Hogan!

With Lawler sitting on his chest, and Flair having his legs locked in the Figure Four, Hogan had no chance of kicking out of the pinning predicament.

Elimination #2: Hulk Hogan

Lawler celebrates this pinfall while Flair releases the Figure Four.

Jerry turns around...to a thumb to the eye, blinding the King!

Flair then with the chops in the corner, Whooooing after each one.

Lawler with the reversal and then BIIIIIG right hands to Flair.

Again, again, again Flair's face hammered by the stiff rights of Lawler.

Lawler backs away to the boos of the crowd, and Flair comes out, fists raised, ready to fight...FLAIR FLOP to the cheer of the crowd!

Lawler with a quick cover only gets two.

Jerry then argues with the referee too long, allowing Flair the chance to hit a low blow and he does!

Flair then with a BIG chop knocking Lawler down and he signals for the Figure Four!

He goes to wrap the legs up...Lawler blocks.

Wrap up again...Lawler counters with a shove, sending Flair into the ropes.

Lawler struggles to his feet but catches Flair coming in with a mysteriously powerful punch to the guts and then the PILEDRIVER!!!

Lawler covers to get three and we see the knux on his hand.

Elimination #3: Ric Flair

Winner: JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER

Lawler celebrates by proclaiming "I outcheated the dirtiest player in the game!"

Making his return to WWWF action is our first competitor for the final match, JAKE ROBERTS!

Second out is Ricky Steamboat, who has a pretty tall order to live up to his rival Ric Flair's performance in the last match.

Third out to the loudest heat of the night is Roddy Piper, who doesn't seem to care what the crowd thinks.

Fourth out is Mystery Superstar B...

Former WWE Champion...

Member of the Radicals.....

VIVA LA RAZA~!

Jake Roberts v. Ricky Steamboat v. Roddy Piper v. EDDIE GUERRERO

Once again the debut causes the wrestlers to be unsure of what to do, but Eddie comes in with a fury (not to mention a spear to Roberts) to get us started.

HUGE brawl in the ring to start, everybody seemed to be ganging up on Guerrero until he decided to fake an injury, causing the face in Steamboat to accuse Roberts of trying to hurt the kid, and that led to a Steamboat/Roberts brawl, while Piper pretended to go along with it.

As soon as Guerrero took his eyes off of Piper, however, he got clotheslined in the back of the head and Roddy went to work on Eddie's back.

Roberts and Steamboat battled back and forth, but Steamboat had things in control when he headed outside to go up for the Flying Crossbody.

Roberts, however, quickly got up and hit a boot to Ricky's gut, doubling him over through the ropes.

Slap on the back, DDT THROUGH THE ROPES and that's a three count.

Elimination #1: Ricky Steamboat

Jake then sat down in the corner, opting for the "let them wear themselves out" method of fighting.

Piper and Guerrero went punch-for-punch, which is saying something for Guerrero when you can slug it out with Roddy Piper.

Guerrero tried to cheat his way out, throwing a chair to Piper and then lying flat on his back to make it look like Piper clocked him, but the way the refs have been calling matches, this one backfired because Piper REALLY clocked him and that got an easy pinfall.

Elimination #2: Eddie Guerrero

This left Roberts v. Piper in what could only be described as an epic brawl.

Chair shots, punches and kicks, whips with a belt, with a chain, anything these two could rip free, they used against each other.

Finish came when Roberts went for the DDT, but Piper wriggled a bit and countered.

While Jake landed on his back, as to be expected; Piper had shifted his weight to land in a modified-crossbody position, hooking the leg (and the tights) for the winning pinfall.

Elimination #3: Jake Roberts

Winner: RODDY PIPER

Piper gets up, screams "HOGAN! I'M COMIN FOR YA, BRUDDA!" and leaves the ring, while Roberts just sits there stunned that his shot at gold slipped through his fingers.

For our Main event, Andre and his manager Jesse Ventura head to the ring.

WWWF Commissioner Teddy Long gives us the information.

Now, you two must be wonderin who your opponent is tonight.

Well Teddy Long's gonna tell ya.

He's an unstoppable force.

He main-evented Wrestle Mania-Three!

And he's comin at ya

Right

About

NOW!

And with that, the crowd roars as (who else?) THE ULLLLLLLTIMATE WARRIOR charges the ring and starts shaking the ropes.

Andre The Giant (w/ Jesse Ventura) v. The Ultimate Warrior in an Unknown Ending match

Nobody in this arena (yeah, right) knows whether this match is for the title or not, so Andre can't afford to take a backseat to the Warrior.

Terrible match as far as wrestling goes, but the crowd ate it up.

Andre just took most of Warrior's offense, and even sold a little when Warrior had a big head of steam coming in for a shoulder block or clothesline.

Warrior never knocked Andre down, however, and that proved to be costly.

The finish came when Warrior went for his Gorilla Press slam finisher...and Andre came crashing down on top of him, getting a pathetically easy three count.

Winner: Andre The Giant

Andre gets up, is handed the belt by Ventura, and he circles around the ring with the belt up high as Ventura yells into the cameras:

Who's next, Teddy? Who's it gonna be? WHO'S THE NEXT VICTIM OF DA GIANT?

So our Final Four looks like this:

Jerry "The King" Lawler v. Scott Andrews

Roddy Piper v. Christopher Daniels

The winners of those two matches will be facing off in a special stipulation match, with the winner heading into August as the undisputed number one contender for Andre's title...should he retain the title until August, that is.

Another record buyrate, as we get a 0.64 for the title tournament's beginning.

7649 in attendance, also a record.

After the show, in a rare gesture of hospitality, Lawler is backstage signing autographs.

Oh, come on, these are Memphis people, MY people!

Huge pop for that.

A rather tall fan comes up wearing a ski mask, holding a book he wants the King to sign.

Oh, look Vince! This one's got my book! Who'd you like that signed for?

The King.

The King? But...I'm the King! I'm not signing a book to myself you idiot!

Lawler looks to me for support.....but the masked man LEVELS him in the back of the head with the book!

Don't forget it, Lawler. The King's BACK!

With that chilling revelation, the masked man pulls out a crowbar and starts wailing away on Lawler's left knee, slamming it again and again with sickening thuds.

I know this is a work, so I go rushing off to find security.

Meanwhile I hear agonizing screams and know that the new King has slapped on his timeless finisher, the Figure Four Leglock.

Security and I rush back, "saving the day", but the "damage has been done". Lawler's knee is destroyed and he'll be out for quite some time thanks to this attack.

The crowd is throwing everything but the kitchen sink (although I'm pretty sure more than a few fans were searching for one to throw) at the new King as security hauls him off.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am sorry and I sincerely apologize but there will be no more autograph signing for Jerry tonight for obvious reasons.

I turn back and follow security, leaving the production crew to clean up the mess.

How'd I do out there, Mr. McMahon?

Very well done, Harley. Very well done.

June 26, 2005

WWWF Uprising.

The time for talk has ended.

Tonight, the Final Four battle it out to see who deserves the number one contendership for the WWWF Title.

A video is played, showing the attack on Jerry Lawler by a "mystery man" known only as "The King".

The video ends with the EMT's checking on Lawler's knee...and we hear the words "He's done" with an echo on "done".

Commissioner Teddy Long is at his desk.

Ladies and gentlemen, as you just saw, a HEINOUS attack on our own Jerry "The King" Lawler has left him severely injured. His knee has been extremely damaged and even I do not know when he will be ready to return to action...if ever.

Therefore, I have no choice but to open up his spot in the #1 contenda tournament.

There will be a 10 man battle royal IMMEDIATELY, with the winner taking Lawler's spot, and facing Scott Andrews tonight, one-on-one.

Thank you.

The first ten to the ring (and our participants):

Battle Royale, Winner faces Andrews:

American Dragon v. Curt Hennig v. Hulk Hogan v. Mordecai v. Psychosis v. Randy Savage v. Ric Flair v. Ricky Steamboat v. Tazz v. Vader

Eliminations:

1) Ricky Steamboat by Vader

2) American Dragon by Savage

3) Curt Hennig by Vader (2)

NASTY fall by Hennig here as he was Powerbombed out of the ring by Vader. Hennig went to the hospital immediately for observation.

4) Mordecai by Flair

5) Tazz by Savage (2)

6) Psychosis by Hogan

Our final four:

Randy Savage

Vader

Hulk Hogan

Ric Flair

Savage and Vader battle while Hogan takes on Flair.

Flair cheats his way to save elimination with a low blow the first time, and a thumb to the eye the second time Hogan tries to eliminate him.

Savage battles Vader, lefts and rights from both in an awesome slugfest that Vader wins, and clotheslines Savage out.

7) Savage by Vader (3)

Flair is almost out, and Vader comes over to dump Hogan!

But by attempting to dump Hogan, he actually ran Hulk into Flair, eliminating him instead!

8) Flair by Hogan (1.5) / Vader (3.5)

We are down to the final two. Big Vader versus Hulk Hogan.

Vader DOMINATES Hogan (surprisingly) and hits a devastating Powerbomb before setting him up for the Vader Bomb!

Vader is on the second rope, gloating to the fans, but Hulk is Hulking Up without being touched!

As Vader taunts the fans, Hogan shoves him over and out of the ring!

9) Vader by Hogan (2.5)

Winner, and taking Jerry Lawler's spot: Hulk Hogan

With Jerry Lawler at a local hospital is our own Joey Styles.

King...I have to ask the obvious question, what's your status?

I don't have much to say Joey so you can head on back to the arena once I've finished because I don't need to look at your ugly mug, it'll stunt my healing!

Now, the "official" status is a dislocated knee, but thankfully nothing was torn, so I could be back in action by next month at the earliest!

Time for a debut!

This is one of the two guys I signed a few months back...but now he's ready for action.

Jake Roberts v. Ryan Galleon

Pure brawl, but a damn good one. Galleon was better than expected for his first match, but Roberts' experience was the deciding factor, as a rollup (with some tights) finished off young Ryan.

Winner: Jake Roberts

Ryan accepts defeat and offers a handshake to Roberts...who accepts it.

...before hitting a boot to the gut and the DDT!

Backstage we see Ventura and Andre discussing strategy for the various opponents Andre might face tonight.

Roddy Piper v. Christopher Daniels

No sign of Hennig everywhere, as a result of his nasty bump during the battle royale.

Daniels looks a bit wary of battling Piper on his own without Hennig to advise him against the wily veteran.

As a result, Daniels makes a handful of stupid mistakes trying to out-think Piper and it costs him.

Piper pulls a chain from his boot and DECKS Daniels with it before tossing it from the ring and getting the pinfall.

Winner, and advancing to the #1 Contender finals: Roddy Piper

Andre and Ventura come down to the ring, belt on Andre's shoulder, not a care in the world for Ventura.

Their opponent, a free agent signing:

The Giant Killer

LITTLE SPIKE DUDLEY!

Andre the Giant (w/ Jesse Ventura) v. Little Spike Dudley

Spike charges into Andre and starts throwing quick lefts and rights to the gut to absolutely no reaction by Andre.

Spike then backs up and hits a boot to the gut...again nothing.

while Andre looks around the arena for his opponent, Spike runs around in front of him, jumping up and down, waving his arms, trying to get Andre's attention.

Spike gets frustrated and goes up to the top rope, where Andre spots him and locks in the Claw!

Spike gets a thumb to the eyes, though, and a missile dropkick to the back of the head staggers Andre!

Spike then latches on and goes for the ACID DROP!

Andre's too big! Spike doesn't weigh enough to get Andre to tip over!

The Giant just holds Spike up there and then PLANTS him on the mat and that's an easy pinfall.

Winner, and STILL WWWF Champion: Andre The Giant

Hulk Hogan v. Scott Andrews

Andrews isn't happy about facing Hogan instead of a wounded Lawler and it shows with his anger stomping down to the ring.

Hogan, however, comes parading down with an American flag before tearing off his shirt to the roar of the crowd.

Andrews attacked him from behind and locks in a Sleeper, trying to finish the match early!

Hogan fades......and fades........and fades.....

HULK UP TIME~!

Hogan battles back into the match (that has included a 2-minute sleeper) and dumps Andrews off of his back before the YOUUUUUUU fingerpoint!

Big right hand!

Another right!

A third!

Andrews into the ropes; BIG BOOT!

Hogan off the ropes; LEGDROP!!!

1......2........3! The crowd erupts as Hogan finds a way to get into the finals for the #1 contendership tournament!

Winner, and advancing to the #1 contendership finals: Hulk Hogan

Hogan parades around to Real American, waving the flag and posing for the fans as we fade out.

WWE got a 1.97 buyrate for Bad Blood.

WWWF gets a 0.66 buyrate for WWWF Uprising.

We break the 8000 barrier with 8177 in attendance!

WWWF Supremacy comes to you LIVE, July 31st, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA!

See Hulk Hogan challenge Roddy Piper for the #1 contendership spot!

Watch Andre The Giant battle another mystery opponent in defense of his WWWF Title!

Enjoy the in-ring return of Harley Race, as he challenges young Ryan Galleon!

The American Dragon will also be in action against the mentor of his arch-rival Chris Daniels, "The Perfect One", Curt Hennig!

All this and more LIVE from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on July 31st! Call your local cable or satellite provider to order!

July 31, 2005

Staples Center

Los Angeles, California

WWWF Supremacy is on tonight. Piper v. Hogan for the undisputed #1 contendership. Nobody's defeated Andre, though, so this entire tournament may end up being a waste of time if the Giant strolls through our opponents.

Harley Race v. Ryan Galleon

Galleon came out, proclaiming something about "collecting a bounty" on the new King. Hmm...

Race came out to Lawler's music, complete with crown, robe and scepter.

Harley tried to use his technical background, but Galleon's not much for technique and just pummeled him early.

Race countered though with brawling of his own, before finishing with a Piledriver, announcing "That's how a REAL King Piledrives ya!".

Winner: Harley Race

Race parades around in celebration after the victory.

BUT WAIT!

The police sirens go off and it's Officer Helms to the ring!

CITIZEN RACE!

That's KING Race, ya jerk...

Ahem....."King" Race! You are hereby under arrest for the attack on Jerry Lawler a few months back!

Whatever, kid....

Harley crosses his hands and puts them out to Helms for the cuffs......but hits a boot to the gut and a Piledriver to Officer Helms!

King Race rushes off, but not before handcuffing Officer Helms to the bottom rope!

Curt Hennig (w/ Christopher Daniels) v. American Dragon

Hennig and Daniels to the ring first.....

American Dragon doesn't show up?

The referee begins the count and reaches 10, this match is over via countout....

Winner: Curt Hennig

I wonder what happened to American Dragon?

Number one contendership is on the line early tonight (thanks to Dragon's no-show)...

Roddy Piper v. Hulk Hogan for the #1 contendership

Wrestling-wise, boring as hell, as to be expected. Hogan can't really wrestle, but Piper did his best to carry the match.

Finish came as Hulk was about to "Hulk Up", Hogan pulled back for a big right hand and inadvertantly hit the referee in the face, giving him a bloody nose.

The referee returned the favor in the only way he could: Disqualifying Hulk Hogan to a HUGE chorus of boos.

Winner: Roddy Piper

NOT SO FAST!

Teddy Long has something to say.

Now, there, mista referee, I undastand that your nose is bloody, but you will NOT be disqualifying Hulk Hogan tonight! I had this tournament set up for an un-dis-puted numba one contenda and I ain't havin it end with a DQ! So as far as I'm concerned, this match ain't over and there ain't gonna be any DQs eitha!

Restarted Match: Piper v. Hogan, Round 2, No DQ

Piper is furious and the referee has been escorted to the back (but not before quite a few hunks of garbage were thrown in his direction), and as soon as his replacement hits the ring, the bell is rung.

But Piper is too busy arguing with Teddy Long about the match being restarted! The count has begun!

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10!!!

Winner: Hulk Hogan

The crowd erupts as Hogan poses for the fans! Hogan's the number one contender!!!!!!

OR IS HE?

Now wait a minute there mista referee! Roddy Pipa was neva in da ring, so you cannot have started da countout because the match neva officially started regardless of whetha or not da bell was rung.

Therefore this match will RESTART....once again.....when Roddy Pipa gets in the ring.

And dis time, it's not gonna be like the last two times. We're going to have a clear-cut winna because the winna is gonna be da

LAST

MAN

STANDING!

Restarted restart: Piper v. Hogan, Round 3, Last Man Standing

Good God this is chaotic.

Piper and Hogan, now it's Last Man Standing with Anything Goes stipulations added in...

Piper's back in but it's EXTREMELY LONG HULK UP CULMINATION time...You all know how it goes, right hands, ropes, boot, legdrop...

Or not...

Piper comes off the ropes, dodges the boot and hits a NASTY chop block to the front of Hogan's leg and he crumples to the mat!

Piper's got a chain! He begins whipping Hogan with it, across the chest, the back, causing Hogan to scream!

Hogan is on his hands and knees, Piper straddles him and chokes him with that dastardly chain.

Hogan breaks free but Piper rakes the chain across Hogan's forehead, busting him open.

Piper now taunts the crowd, doing Hoganesque ear-cupping before hitting a legdrop (complete with chain-around-the-leg for added damage).

Piper then wisely heads under the ring for something....and comes out with......a lock?

Piper then wraps the chain around Hogan's ankles, and then loops it around the ring post before putting the lock on! Hogan can't get up!

1!

2!

3!

4!

5!

6!

7!

8!

9!

10!

FINAL WINNER: Roddy Piper

Piper celebrates by stomping Hogan's bloody face before leaving the ring.

Finally, our "main event".

Andre versus the last of our open talent.

And it's....somebody that can wrestle!

Andre The Giant (w/ Jesse Ventura) v. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

Wow. Williams did his best, but again, nobody has the size to topple the Giant.

He consistently tried to pick him up but could. not. do. it.

Williams went up top for a big cross body, but Andre staggered back into the ropes, bounced off and fell forward, SQUASHing Williams in a powerslam of sorts and that's the pinfall.

Ventura hands Andre the belt before standing over Williams and shouting "IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE??? PAGING DOCTOR WILLIAMS, DOCTOR WILLIAMS TO THE RING!" and laughing as Andre holds the belt on his shoulder and looks....well, he looks like Andre. What more does he need to look like?

0.65 buyrate for WWWF Supremacy.

8076 in attendance, not bad, still not over the 10,000 barrier just yet.

Hey Scott...what's with the eye patch? You auditioning for a pirate part?

Yeah....uh, sorry, man, but my eye's messed up. I gotta wear this patch until at least October...

Don't worry about it, Scott. We'll work around the injury and you'll be back in there in no time.

Edited by oldskool

August 28, 2005

WWWF Deadlock

It's hard to believe that it's been nearly a year now since our "return" from 1984. We've learned a lot, we've experienced a lot...but the battle we fight rages on.

It's time to break the Deadlock.

At the outset, Monsoon and Heenan have a discussion about the Scott Andrews/Psychosis war.

Heenan ignores Monsoon and begins a monologue.

You know, Monsoon, it's been a wild ride these last 10 months and we've seen a lot of greats in this ring, but by far the most violent action we've had in that ring is between Scottie Andrews and Psychosis. Now Psychosis isn't too bad of a guy, but Gorilla, Scott Andrews has really impressed me, and you know how hard that is to do. So before we get started I'm going to offer Scottie Andrews the chance of a lifetime. Scottie, I know you're watching, and here's your shot to be managed by the Brain.

American Dragon v. Christopher Daniels

Dragon, fresh off a no-show last month, battles Daniels for the last time tonight, as he has proclaimed that without a victory all is lost.

Dragon showed a ton of aggression but Daniels continually slowed the pace down and kept Dragon from taking control of the match. Dragon's frustration began to show as his aggression got even more frenzied in an attempt to finish of Daniels time after time, getting close falls and near-submissions before Daniels would kick out, or get in the ropes...

Finish came when Dragon missed a clothesline and Daniels took advantage, eventually hitting the Angel's Wings for the pinfall.

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Curt Hennig comes out to raise Daniels' hand, but he's laid out with a chair shot from Dragon! Another one flattens Daniels! Now the REFEREE GETS ONE! Dragon has lost his mind!!!

Dragon, Dragon baby what the hell was that?

OUT OF MY WAY!

Dragon shoves Long down and leaves the arena.

Don't come back, foo! You are suspended! SUS! PEN! DED!

Jake Roberts v. Eddie Guerrero

These two were in the same Fatal Fourway match in the tournament, and Eddie's been waiting to get a piece of Roberts ever since (thanks to Jake not breaking up the pinfall of Eddie by Piper).

This is the first time Roberts has allowed it so the match is on.

Eddie knows he has better technique and speed than the Snake, so he tries to play to his strengths and keep Roberts from turning this into a brawl.

Roberts, however, also knows this and keeps Guerrero from getting too far ahead.

The finish came as Guerrero hit the triple suplex, and then went up top for the Frog Splash....Ryan Galleon comes rushing down to the ring, causing Guerrero to jump on him instead!

When Guerrero got back in the ring, KICK SLAP DDT for the pinfall.

Winner: Jake Roberts

Roberts shakes Galleon's hand, reaches into his snake bag and pulls out a wad of cash that he hands over to Galleon.

Backstage, Officer Helms checks the locker rooms for signs of Harley Race. He enters Sabu's locker room (finds nothing), Taz's locker room (again nothing) and finally he enters Vader's locker room.

As Vader argues with Helms, Race from behind with a chair! Vader powerbombs Officer Helms on the concrete locker room floor before stuffing him in a locker!

Ric Flair v. Ricky Steamboat

Another classic. These guys (among others) have been knocked to the wayside thanks to the gigantic #1 contender's tournament, but they're back in one-on-one action tonight, with the same classic results.....draw.

This time it's a double countout as the two brawl all over the outside, through the crowd and out of sight.....what is it going to take to get a legit victory from these two guys?

No Contest

Backstage, Number one contender Roddy Piper is lacing up his boots before the big match with Andre.

Suddenly, a flurry of WWWF wrestlers enter his locker room! Piper doesn't have time to react but reaches behind him for something...until Hogan stops him.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy there Rod.

Piper moves his hands from behind him, holding nothing.

I can understand you bein a bit surprised by all of us comin in here on such short notice, brother, but we'll make it short and sweet.

The other wrestlers (Psychosis, Sabu, Tazz, Savage, Race, Vader, Galleon, Roberts, Hennig and Daniels) nod in agreement.

Now personally Rod, you and I, we've had our differences...but tonight...against Andre....for the WWWF Title...

Kick his seven-foot ass, brother.

Hogan gives Piper a thumbs-up, that is slowly returned by Roddy before the wrestlers quietly begin a "Roddy" chant, slow whisper building to a crescendo of "RODDY, RODDY, RODDY" that even the crowd gets into.

Piper looks around, smiles and walks out of his locker room to the ring.

MAIN EVENT

WWWF TITLE

The classic drumroll begins, as the crowd goes wild in anticipation of Piper heading to the ring, and seemingly the WWWF's last hope of getting the title away from Andre.

The bagpipes fire up and Piper walks out from behind the curtain to the roar of the crowd.

Piper looks around in astonishment at the crowd's surprising support before heading down to the ring.

As soon as he steps between the ropes, he throws his hands up to the crowd, bowing to each side in homage as they cheer.

The guitar riff of Jesse Ventura kicks in and the crowd immediately turns hostile as Jesse and the Giant head to the ring, title in hand.

Piper circles Andre before charging in for a tie up.

Andre easily overpowers Piper and throws him to the corner.

Piper again charges in and is thrown to the other corner in response.

Andre now charging in, looking for an Avalanche, Piper drops down and the giant crashes into the turnbuckle stomach-first.

The big man staggers around trying to catch his breath and Piper with a chop block sends the big man to his knees!

A big clothesline to the back of the head and ANDRE'S DOWN! ANDRE'S DOWN! The crowd goes wild as Piper goes to work on the knee of the giant, with boots, elbow and knee drops, and even a half-crab that should really be a double crab when you consider the size of Andre's legs.

With the referee in Andre's face, asking about a submission, Piper takes advantage and hits a STIFF low blow on Andre, causing an even louder scream from the Giant.

Ventura hops up on the apron and starts screaming profanities at Piper, drawing the referee's attention. Piper again seizes the opportunity and releases the hold???

He bounces off the ropes and hits a VICIOUS field goal kick to the face of Andre, and the Giant topples over onto his back! Andre's eyes are closed and he looks OUT.

Piper with the cover, the referee turns around and sees it....

ONE!

TWO!!!

THREE!!!!!!!!!

PIPER DID IT! PIPER BEAT THE GIANT!

Piper grabs the belt and heads up the ramp...and as he goes up, he shakes out his right foot, the one he kicked the Giant with....and as the cameras fade out, one of them picks up on a few links of chain sticking out the top.....

0.77 buyrate, our best yet!

We break the 9000 barrier with 9441 in attendance.

Another three bite the dust.

HWA, ABWF, and NWA:W all went under at the beginning of September...

We should be thankful that we have yet to succumb to the WWE monster.

September 25, 2005

WWWF Breakdown

More thefts from my boy's WWE! Those guys are coming to us left and right, it seems, but a few remain loyal to him.

Oh well. That much more room for guys that want it, right?

Commissioner Long, in his office.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have before me the newly activated WWWF Tag Team titles. Backstage here at the WWWF there is STILL too much backstabbing, and not enough trust in a fellow man.

After last month's actions by the American Dragon, I am not at the arena tonight.

Hopefully by having a team championship, there will be some solidarity and stability to the locker room.

Tonight, four teams will battle in two-on-two competition, with the overall winner becoming the FIRST WWWF Tag Team Champions.

The titles will be awarded to the winners at next month's show.

Christopher Daniels and Curt Hennig v. Randy Savage and Harley Race

The former kings in Race and Savage take on the future of the WWWF in Daniels and Hennig.

Savage and Race obviously don't trust each other, convincing the fans that this is all about teamwork and cooperation, and that two guys that don't work together won't be the winners tonight.

And that point is proved in convincing fashion when Race heads to the announce table to do commentary, leaving Savage to fend for himself for most of the match.

Obviously the numbers game caught up to Randy.

Winners: Daniels and Hennig

Race then gets in the ring and levels Savage with a chair, calling him a "disgrace to Kings like me".

Backstage Officer Helms searches to be sure that American Dragon is not in the arena as per his suspension by Teddy Long last month.

As he looks behind a dumpster, a loud CLANG is heard and Helms drops like a sack of potatoes.

The camera turns the corner and sees American Dragon drop a wrench and walk off.

Andre The Giant v. Sabu and Taz

As soon as the tag tournament was announced, Andre demanded this match, and at his size, what he demands, he gets.

Just as was expected, Andre squashes both of these guys, eventualy getting a pinfall on Taz with the Claw Slam.

Sabu tried to interfere with an Arabian Facebuster but it had no effect and it got him a Claw for his effort.

After the match, Ventura simply stated that Andre's guaranteed rematch for the title will be at next month's show.

Live via satellite, Jerry Lawler from his home in Memphis, TN.

Well, Jerry, how are you doing?

Well Joey Styles, the doctors say I'm healing faster than expected, and let me tell you one thing that's for sure, Jerry "The King" Lawler will be at next month's WWWF event, and you can count on that!

Now as far as Harley Race is concerned, he's obviously the lowest of low-lifes and it'll be my pleasure to pin him 1-2-3 as soon as the doctors clear me to wrestle again!

What he did tonight to Randy Savage is simply reprehensible, Joey.

But what about what YOU did to Ra...

REP. RE. HEN. SI. BLE. Got it, Styles? Good. Now leave me alone.

Jake Roberts and Ryan Galleon v. Eddie Guerrero and Mystery Partner

Roberts hands Galleon another wad of bills before their opponents come out.

Eddie comes out in the lowrider, with his masked mystery partner in the passenger seat.

He then unmasks to reveal.....

CHAVO GUERRERO!

Los Guerreros slide into the ring and jump Roberts and Galleon from behind as they counted out the money.

Excellent match, lots of brawling and a bit of high-flying by Chavo and Eddie to break up the monotony.

Finish came when Galleon tried to get in the snake bag to steal some money, Roberts saw him and started yelling at him, allowing Chavo to get the rollup and the pin.

Winners: Los Guerreros

No time to rest though, for it's MAIN EVENT TIME~!

Los Guerreros v. Daniels and Hennig for the WWWF Tag Team Titles

Daniels rushes the ring while Hennig methodically scouts the opponent before heading in.

Same result either way, as both Guerreros go down to the onslaught.

Daniels and Hennig maintain control throughout the early going, focusing their attack on Chavo.

As always, the double KO crawling tag spot turns the tide as Eddie takes over and cleans house.

Finish came with a new move, as Chavo held up Hennig for a suplex, Eddie hit a cross-body for the pinfall.

Winners, and NEW WWWF Tag Team Champions: Los Guerreros

Eddie and Chavo celebrate their tag titles as Daniels uncharacteristically blames Hennig for the loss.

Our buyrates dropped to a 0.69 this month, probably because of the early football season...I hope.

Either way, we broke the 10,000 barrier with 10,050 in attendance!

Plus, we received an acceptance letter from England...WWWF Retaliation, LIVE October 30th from the Wembley Arena!!!

Hogan's hand (injured during the match with Piper) has healed and he's ready to go to Retaliation; as is Scott Andrews and his injured eye.

Come on Scottie, a few more reps! You can do it!

Dude....urrrrrrghhh....

Yeah man that's it! A couple more!

Yeah....onnnnne mooooyeaoooooooooooooow

SHIT!!!!!!

Scott Andrews

Torn ACL

Out 16 months

Chris Daniels

Surgery, right eye

Out 2 months as a safety precaution

FORMER WWE SUPERSTAR

Reaggravated Neck Injury

Out 8 months, released from contract.

Guess the superstar, win a prize!

Anyone think they know him?

October 30, 2005

Wembley Arena

London, England

WWWF Retaliation

Ladies and gentlemen, it is a great honor for me to introduce to you the first WWWF Tag Team Champions, Chavo and Eddie Guerrero!

The Guerrero's music plays as they head down to the ring (sans lowrider) to receive their titles.

Congratulations, you two.

However, tonight is not just a night for celebration.

You two men will be DEFENDING your Tag Team titles tonight against the team you "cheated to win" against last month; you'll be facing Jake Roberts and Ryan Galleon!

And you'll be facing them.....right now!

Los Guerreros © v. Roberts and Galleon for the WWWF Tag Team Titles

Again with the brawling.

Roberts and Galleon aren't light enough to do the aerial acrobatics that Los Guerreros do on a regular basis. Chavo used his small size to his advantage, outrunning Roberts and Galleon and wearing them down from the chase.

Finish came after the Three Amigos when Chavo hit a Frog Splash on Galleon for the victory.

Winners, and STILL WWWF Tag Team Champions: Los Guerreros

Backstage, just outside Andre's dressing room, Jesse Ventura talks about next month's big show on his cell phone.

Backstage, Mordecai is walking around, looking for something. He turns a corner....and is attacked by the masked American Dragon!

He grabs a referee and this is an impromptu match!

American Dragon v. Mordecai

Mordecai never had a chance from the get-go after the sucker punch. Dragon beat him from pillar to post and finished this waste of time with an Implant DDT on the floor.

Winner: American Dragon

Dragon ran off as security rushed in.

Lawler is in his dressing room watching the show.

He sees himself on TV.

FINALLY something worth seeing. The King is back, folks, and he's here to stay!

From behind, "King" Harley Race with a chair to Lawler's bandaged knee! Again! Again! Race has left Lawler down and even more injured than before!

Yet another go-round from these two.

Brawl, brawl, brawl.

Flair's technique kept him slightly ahead, but Steamboat's high-flying capability kept Flair from taking complete control.

Both men brawled all over the ringside area, eventually forcing the refere to call this one a double-DQ draw.

No Contest

Commissioner Teddy Long announced after the match that enough was enough, and that these two men would go at it for the final time next month inside a STEEL CAGE, with the winner challenging the WWWF Champion in December!

Roddy Piper © v. Andre The Giant for the WWWF Championship

Andre called in his rematch and it's tonight.

Numbers game goes to Andre with Ventura in his corner.

Piper is unable to topple the Giant this time, so Andre controls the match throughout.

Andre's size keeps Piper from getting any useful offense off (save a few punches here and there).

But at the end of the match, Piper gets a chop to the throat of Andre, opening the door to hop on his back and lock in a sleeper!

Ventura is up on the apron SCREAMING at the referee, who turns away from Piper and Andre to argue.

Andre backs Piper into the corner, squashing him!

He drags him to the center of the ring and makes a cover.....no referee!

HOGAN!

Hogan from the crowd into the ring......LEGDROP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!

Andre sells it like death and rolls off of Piper.....Hogan puts him on top!

The ref turns around just as Hogan escapes and counts a mysterious pinfall!

Winner and STILL WWWF Champion: Roddy Piper

Hogan comes back in and raises Piper's hand in victory....only to be clotheslined down by Piper!

I coulda done it by mah-self Hogan! Steal somebody else's spotlight, Hogan, cuz it's PIPER'S TIME TO SHINE!

Officially, our size puts us at war with NWA:TNA.

We killed them (not surprising, look at our flawless ownership!) this month.

We broke 1.00 buyrate!

1.06 buyrate with 13247 in attendance, we're creeping closer to WWE standards.....

Piper came to me and told me that Andre really doesn't have the skill for the title.....tell me something I don't know Roddy....

Ryan Galleon

Sprained back muscle

Return scheduled December 2005

Chris Daniels

Recovering from eye surgery

Return scheduled December 2005

Scott Andrews

Reconstructive knee surgery

Return tentatively scheduled February 2007

Bobby Heenan

Strained right tricep

Will work through the injury

WWWF Payback II

Anniversary show!

Break out all the stops, we even brought in WWE legend Howard Finkel for ring announcing tonight!

What a steal, I know all our fans are pumped by that....or maybe it's because we've got a blockbuster scheduled for tonight.

Backstage, Officer Helms reads a letter.

It states that if Helms can pin Vader tonight, he will get his match against Harley Race next month; but if Helms loses he must leave the WWWF.

Helms agrees to the stipulation and heads to the ring to call them out.

Officer Helms v. Vader

Speed versus size, what a shocker.

Vader used his surprising speed to keep up with the agile Helms for most of the match, but Helms was outpowered late, as Vader hit a death-defying Powerbomb, but didn't go for a cover.

He hits ANOTHER powerbomb!

STILL no cover!

Vader goes for a THIRD POWERBOMB......HELMSICANRANA~!

1.....2.........3!

Winner: Officer Helms

Helms is victorious, but Vader demolishes him with another Powerbomb before hitting a Vader Bomb from the second rope.

In his locker room, Jake Roberts counts money before putting it in the bag containing Damian.

Randy Savage v. Taz v. Sabu v. Mordecai

4 corners match, first pinfall or submission wins the bout.

All 4 men in the ring at the same time, no tags....I believe this would be a "Tornado" match.

Clusterfuck. Simple as that. Four guys just brawling everywhere with no rhyme or reason to it.

Wasn't even that entertaining because they were just all over the damn place and nobody could keep track of what happened to who, when it happened and who did it to them.

Finish came when Savage hit an Elbow Drop on Mordecai, getting a pinfall just before Sabu tapped to the Tazmission.

Winner: Randy Savage

WWWF Tag Team titles on the line as Los Guerreros answer the backstage challenge of Jesse Ventura.

Los Guerreros v. Andre and MYSTERY PARTNER

It doesn't take long to figure out who Andre's black-clad, 400+ pound bald partner is, now does it?

Andre and Bundy rumble down to the ring as Los Guerreros quickly discuss a 900+ pound strategy for victory.

Eddie with a chop block to Andre takes him down to a knee. LUNGING shoulderblock to the back of the head and Andre goes down.

Bundy rumbles in and chases off Eddie and Chavo, before looking back at the prone Andre......AND HITTING THE BIG SPLASH!!!

Bundy just splashed the Giant!

HE HITS ANOTHER ONE!

Bundy leaves the ring and Eddie heads up top, hits a Frog Splash just to make sure and gets the pinfall.

Winners: Los Guerreros

Bundy grabs Ventura and screams "You bet on the wrong horse, Jess! Bundy's the best big man in the business!" before throwing him down and leaving.

Teddy Long has an announcement.

Ric Flair....Ricky Steamboat; your efforts have not gone unnoticed here in the WWWF. I have seen the caliber of competition you two have been involved in over the past few months, and to be honest you deserve to be rewarded.

So tonight, you two men will battle it out once more, with the winner becoming the number one contender and receiving a title shot next month.[/color/

*sigh* They're great matches, but AGAIN?

Hopefully this will lead to a title feud and these two can get some time apart from each other...

Classic match (as was expected from these two) with Steamboat escaping the dreaded Figure Four by reaching the ropes.

The finish came as Steamboat miraculously hit a flying crossbody for the win and the title shot.

Winner: Ricky Steamboat

The Main Event, for the WWWF title.

Hulk Hogan v. Roddy Piper

Brawl, brawl, brawl. That's all these guys can do so that's all that they do.

Piper was in command throughout until the Hulk Up, fingerpoint, punches, BIG BOOT...

Hogan went for the Legdrop of doom, but Piper wisely grabbed his boot, causing Hogan to flop over onto his back!

Piper quickly schoolboyed him, grabbing some tights for the pinfall!

Winner: Roddy Piper

Piper celebrates as Hogan complains to the referee to end the show.

Due to the assault by Vader, Officer Helms will not be on our house shows this month.

We got a 1.12 buyrate with 14,952 in attendance....quite the boost from our first show one year ago.

Once again, we are shot down by NBC, apparently they're happy showing ER every freaking night.

Morons.

You should update your sig a lot more. :P

I've been meaning to shake up the push list, but I can't get a TV slot.....and with just 9 segments a month, with the number of main eventers and upper midcarders to use; not to mention that most of them have creative control, it's very difficult to balance things out the way I'd like to.

Hopefully I can get at least a graveyard slot and open up 20 segments a month to continue feuds without having to use matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.......diary's dead.

I have work 8 hours a night, plus I now have to try to sleep during the day (which does not work, let me tell you). No time or desire to work on anything, including this diary. Apologies to the few readers I had.

• 11 months later...