Star Wars Episode III:Revenge Of The Sith

Laice07

I posted for the sole reason because as you know I'm a huge fan of star wars and love posting stuff for my preferences. This is all you need to know about Episode III so far. Facts taken from theforce.net. Many have you might of seen this. So what can you talk about in here? Any feelings about the movies, your anticipation? The fight your most looking forward to? I'll update more info. later, dead tired.

Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Release: May 19th, 2005(Wide)

This is the final film of the 6 part saga.

The Duel

The classic saber of Ep4 Ben Kenobi will be among the sabers in use. - OS

The major focus is the breakdown in friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. - SW Insider

It won't be the special effects that make the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel so thrilling, it will be the betrayal. - RM

The lightsabers used by Obi-Wan and Anakin are ones we have seen before. - PH

The Anakin/Kenobi duel is a lengthy one and will span many sets and travel a lot of distance. - OS

One of the several settings for the duel with have red-gelled lights providing a glow to the set. - OS

The duel will be a fierce confrontation and will keep up the pace for a while. Some of the fighting will take place on an incline...and "Anakin is weak on a slope", as Nick Gillard pointed out in his webchat and meant it literally. - OS

Anakin and Obi-Wan's costumes will have discolorizations, cuts and burns from fighting and from their environment. - OS

Who is the aggressor and who is the defender will alternate during the duel. - OS

In one setting for the duel, Obi-Wan and Anakin will move over a large area but will careful of their footing. There will be "obstacles". - OS

At one point in the duel, Anakin and Obi-Wan will look off-screen at a distraction. Their eyes will be looking at different spots of this distraction itself. - OS

The duel will have a segment in a darkened room with a metallic surface with mechanical structures. And later the duel will move to isolated platforms. Anakin will circle his former master (Obi-Wan). -OS

During one point in the duel, either Anakin or Obi-Wan will swipe his lightsaber blade against an outcropping and sever it. -OS

The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan is not a gentleman's duel. It will get nasty. -PH

During the duel there will be a segment when Anakin and Obi-Wan dangle from cables, swinging to and fro. The wires being used are supposed to be visible The Jedi will be wearing the "weathered and beaten" robes. -OS

At one point during the duel, debris will fall and one the characters will deflect it (likely with a lightsaber). -OS

Some of the words spoken during the duel "will cut as deeply as lightsabers". -OS

"The Epic duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan will be the longest lightsaber duel ever." - NG

"The duel involves some of the fastest dueling I have ever seen. It almost appears artificially sped-up. It's just that fast." - PH

There are parts of the duel when Anakin and Obi-Wan move even faster than the Maul/Obi-Wan duel in Ep1. -PH

Red-gel lighting provides atmosphere for the duel scenes. There are also flashes from strobe lights going off to signify an alert to some kind of hazard. -OS

Anakin and Obi-Wan will push their weapons into counter-tops and control panels and the FX Dept ignited squibs that burst to fill the frame and cover the actors with bright sparks and debris. -OS

The fight involves leaps and throws at an accelerated rate. -OS

Obi-Wan and Anakin have a moment where they collide with a control panel and land hard against a rough surface. The control panels and display screens have many unyielding protrusions. -OS

One huge wall has a very thick blast door rigged which is opened by chains. One character will open it using muscle power. - OS

Knowing what happens in Ep3 makes Paul see the classic trilogy in a new light. He specifically mentioned how he has a new understanding of the depth of friendship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. He now gets a lump in his throat when Vader strikes down Kenobi in Ep4. -PE

"The final fight sequence in this film should surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far. It’s the longest, I can’t give you specifics, but it is quite the bad-assed fight scene. Nick Gillard has done an amazing job instilling an arc of story in the fight. It justifies, because you know Anakin and Obi-Wan have it out, but Anakin is the chosen one-he is supposed to be the best. But he comes out on the shorter end of the stick in the fight. It justifies it really nicely as the fight progresses." - HC

The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel is very fast, similar to the speed of the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel. -NG

"The climactic fight scene is, at 12 minutes, the longest fight scene in cinema history." -NG

The Anakin/Obi-Wan fight will be the longest SW fight ever. It is currently edited at 10-12 minutes. -NG

"I saw a pretty amazing fight scene between Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen. It's pretty sick. They did it all themselves. They were thinking of having stuntmen do it, but they were better than the stuntmen. It's pretty awesome." -NP

Obi-Wan of course defeats Anakin in Ep3, but winning one fight does not necessarily make one the best at it. -NG

As it stands now, the final duel will not be intercut with other action sequences, though that is subject to change. -NG

"Geographically, the duel covers the most distance of any other swordfight on film. And depending on the way they cut it, it should be the longest swordfight, timewise, that's ever been on film." - HC

As scripted, the final duel exhausts almost the entirety of the Jedi bag of tricks. -PH

There will be some dialogue during the duel. It is far more chattier than the Ep5 duel. -PH

"The duel is a monster of a sequence. I had a couple of years to think about it and think about what George had told me about it, and it was daunting because I knew how important that sequence is. I spent probably a year deconstructing the Jedi style of fighting to make it work. I had Hayden with me eight weeks before we started shooting it and I had Ewan six weeks, which wasn't really enough time, so we often had to rehearse at weekends during the filming. If it comes out like I saw it being shot, it's going to be phenominal." -NG

"The duel will explain how Obi-Wan is able to defeat his protege, even though Anakin has been established as the most powerful Jedi who ever lived. Obi-Wan taught Anakin and Anakin has gone past him. But when you get to that duel, it's emotional. That's where the mistake will be made. And if you know the characters, you know Obi-Wan isn't going to get emotional and he doesn't make mistakes." -NG

Anakin's grisly demise at the end of the duel is set to be one of the most chilling moments in the entire saga. -NG

The duel will occur on a brand new planet. But it's long been the stuff of legend, so obviously those who have been following the saga from its earliest days have some idea of what it will be like. -PH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acronym Key:

GL = George Lucas (Director)

OS = Official Site (starwars.com)

RM = Rick McCallum (Producer)

NP = Natalie Portman (Actor)

HC = Hayden Christensen

RB = Roger Barton (Film Editor)

IM = Ian McDiarmid

C2 = Celebration II

BB = Ben Burtt (Sound Editor)

JEJ = James Earl Jones (Voice Actor)

JK = John Knoll (Visual Effects/ILM)

PE = Paul Ens (Official Site)

GB = Gavin Bocquet (Production Designer)

JE = Joel Edgerton (Actor)

PM = Peter Mayhew (Actor)

RC = Rob Coleman (Visual Effects/ILM Supervisor)

BS = Bruce Spence (Actor)

AD = Anthony Daniels (Actor)

TB = Trisha Biggar (Costume Designer)

SLJ = Samuel L. Jackson (Actor)

PH = Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Webcam)

RC = Ryan Church (Concept Artist)

DG = Dan Gregoire (Pre-Visualization Effects Supervisor)

DB = Don Bies (Droid Unit Supervisor)

NG = Nick Gillard (Stunt Coordinator/Swordmaster)

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/duel.shtml

General Grievous

The design crew worked very hard to make the new bad guy in Ep3 visually distinctive. -RC

"Expect someone serious as the new villain." - RM

The new bad guy has a lot of screen time, a memorable role, and he is central to the plot. -RC

Animatics have done pre-visualization for the new bad guy and "he is one bad mother". -DG

The new bad guy has connections to Darth Sidious. -PH

The "new bad guy" is not referring to Darth Vader. It will be an original, separate villain. -PH

The new bad guy has some electronic alteration done to his voice. - BB

We will get our first look at the new villain in 2004. - PE

The new villain is in the vein of old-style serial villains. Someone who revels in villainry. -PH

The new bad guy did not appear in the original trilogy. -PH

You get just enough from the movies to establish the new villain's role and importance. The EU, of course, will flesh things out with George's blessing. -PH

The new villain has a space ship and will use it. He also has several other modes of transportation. -PH

Grievous contributes to fun serial inspirations of Star Wars but also contributes to the darker moments in Episode III. -PH

General Grievous is about 1.905 meters tall. -PH

Much of Grievous' origins will be handled by Licensing (EU). -PH

"...the military leader of all the Separatist armies. He’s part alien and part robot, a master strategist and the greatest hand-to-hand Jedi killer the galaxy has ever known."-RM

General Grievous will make his way to all forms of publishing before Episode III is released. -PH

The voice of Grievous in the Clone Wars cartoon is not the same voice that will be heard in the Ep3 film. -PH

The 'evil child' Grievous concept art did not make it into Ep3. -PH

What Pablo likes the most about General Grievous is his dialogue. -PH

General Grievous is the military commander. Count Dooku is the political leader. The rest of the Separatist Union acts as a leadership committee. -PH

Yoda will not fight the new villain. -PH

The Insider pic of Grievous is an illustration and not the CG model. -PH

Grievous will not "force-lift" any Jedi or snap any necks. -PH

"Grievous is not a mindless killer monster scary, but to me, he's a great mix of an old fashioned sci-fi villian clothed in very modern style and accessories. He's the kind of villain that seems to wallow in villainry." -PH

The bodyguards of Grievous do not have names or unique personalities. -PH

Greivous' henchmen are fairly mindless, personality-less droids. -PH

General Grevious' character did not replace what was originally intended for Boba Fett. -PH

General Grievous has a lot more dialogue than Darth Maul did in Ep1. -PH

The weapon used by Grievous' henchmen does not shut off a lightsaber blade, it is basically a quarter staff that deflects a lightsaber. -PH

Grievous has two blasters in addition to his captured lightsabers. -PH

We will see Grievous without the mask (face exposed) sometime during Ep3. -PH

(Pics will be posted later)

I've heard that Gary Oldman was supposed to be the Voice of Grevious, but he had to drop out, do to the Actor's Guild.

John Rhys-Davies is rumored to take his spot.

Alright guys...if you don't already know StarWars Episode 3: WEBDOC #10 is out in star wars.com, but you need a hyperspace membership, but heres the breakdown.... all I know is Lee(Count Dooku) won't go down easy!(YES!)

Here's a breakdown frame by frame(almost) on the video:

00:27 Obi-Wan Anakin duel (a few frames, bottom-left corner).

00:00:28-00:00:30 Palpatine's stunt double, seen holding saber in one frame (bottom-left corner).

00:00:30 Mace with an ignited saber on the monitor (one frame, bottom-left corner)

00:00:31 Anakin in front of an orange rocky planet - very Mars-like, with two towers that appear to be a natural formation (one frame, bottom-left corner).

00:00:31-00:00:32 Anakin alone in council chamber on monitors (bottom-left corner).

00:00:42-00:00:46 Anakin running then jumping onto a crash mat in a greenscreen environment, with short-bladed stunt saber (meaning saber will be ignited in final shot).

00:00:46 Opera house guests walking up stairs.

00:00:47-00:00:48 Anakin running once again with a short-bladed stunt saber in a greenscreen environment.

00:00:48-00:00:49 Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting Dooku. Dooku appears to force push/choke Obi-Wan (who is levitated about 3 feet into the air) while simultaneously kicking Anakin behind him.

00:00:53-00:00:56 Anakin alone in the Jedi Council chamber. He swallows.

00:00:59-00:01:02 Palpatine in his chair in his private office facing towards camera, slowly turns to look at Anakin who is entering via the door behind him.

00:01:59-00:02:08 Mustafar platform with lava exploding all around it on Roger Barton's monitor.

00:02:08-00:02:17 Sunset (possible Tatooine) on Roger Barton's monitor.

00:02:17-00:02:29 Scenes in Padme's apartment; Padme and Anakin talk.

00:02:29-00:02:34 More Sunset (possible Tatooine) on Roger Bargon's monitor.

00:02:42-00:02:44 The Duel. Anakin seemingly throwing Obi-Wan through a door. Squibbies/smoke generators going off along the platform while they fight. Anakin with the upper hand.

00:02:45-00:02:49 George pointing at Mustafar building on monitor.

00:03:03-00:03:04 Anakin and Obi-Wan in saber lock, Obi-Wan pushes Anakin away.

00:03:31-00:03:33 Very small shot on a notebook screen, appears to be Obi-Wan on the ground with Anakin about to finish him off (with a blue saber), with them both surrounded by lava.

00:03:46-00:03:48 Anakin and Obi-Wan duelling; Anakin on a blue block standing over Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan slashes at Anakin's feet, Anakin jumps, and they saber lock.

00:03:53-00:03:55 More Ani/Obi duel on monitors. Obi-Wan attacking, Anakin blocking and stepping back.

00:04:12-00:04:15 Palpatine talking to Anakin in his private office (on the small monitors).

00:04:24-00:04:28 Anakin alone in the Jedi Council Chamber.

00:04:48-00:04:50 Anakin enters the Separatist conference room and goes postal.

00:04:57-00:04:58 Another shot of George pointing at the Mustafar building on a monitor.

00:05:12-00:05:15 Obi-Wan and Threepio on board the Skiff, Obi-Wan looking pensive (holding his chin).

Now lets see more info on one of our favourite ladies: Padme Skywalker

"I'm going to be with child." - NP

"The children are born." - NP

At the end of the movie, the twins Luke and Leia are less than a month old. - RM

We will see Padmé pregnant in the film. - RM

We will see who was born first, Luke or Leia. - RM

Anakin knows Padme is pregnant and expecting. -PH

Padmé’s back to wearing disguises. As well as now hiding this marriage to a Jedi, which is not allowed, she has to hide the fact that she’s going to have babies. All of the costumes had to disguise these facts." - Iain McCaig

The challenges with Padmé's costume designs were to create outfits that allowed her to be a senator and still hide the fact that she is pregnant. - TB

Padmé remains the Senator from Naboo. - OS

Padmé is a Senator throughout Ep3. - RM

Padme and Threepio will be in a scene looking out a window of a palace at something spectacular. - OS

In one scene, Padmé and Obi-Wan will join C-3PO hurrying down a starship ramp to meet Bail Organa at its base. - OS

Padmé Amidala will be seen in the "Senate Office Building Main Hall". - OS

In one scene, Padmé, Obi-Wan and C-3PO will be "the scene that explains it all" on a vista with moderate winds. - OS

Narrow pieces of jewelry will become the basis of a larger costume prop for a Padmé headdress. - OS

One scene will be in "Padmé's Apartment" and we will see Padmé, Anakin and C-3PO. - OS

In the Senate Rotunda scene the Naboo delegation includes Senator Amidala, Captain Typho, Jar-Jar Binks, and Kristy Wright as a handmaiden. The seat next to Amidala is empty, awaiting a guest. - OS

Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padmé are in a scene described as "major" and "grim". - OS

One scene on a landing platform will include Captain Typho, Padmé Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi and C-3PO. ILM will add in a digital speeder. - OS

Another scene involved C-3PO and Padmé sitting at the controls of a Naboo starship with a cockpit that will resemble the one from the yacht seen in Ep2 when Anakin and Padmé flew to Geonosis. C-3PO will sit down in the scene. - OS

Though Padmé's screen time is less than that of Obi-Wan and Anakin, she will still have an important role and a fair amount of screen time. -PH

Given the nature of the involvement of Padme's family in Ep3, Pablo would be very surprised if their scenes were cut. -PH

"Padmé will not sit around all day, but she doesn't exactly wrestle a Nexu either." (regarding any action scenes) - PH

"Senator Bana Breemu helps put Padmé's mind at peace when she's in trouble." -Bai Ling

There are references to love (Anakin & Padme) in Ep3. -PH

Leia's recollections as described in Return of the Jedi have no inherent flaws and are valid given the greater context of the saga. But I suspect those looking for contradictions always find them. -PH

Padme's role is about the same size as that of Ep1. -PH

There are important scenes between Anakin & Padme that play out between them that inform us about the nature of their marriage. Remember, it is secret, so the moments they have together will be snatched when they can be, against a background of a busy galaxy at war. -PH

Anakin & Padme's relationship and the maturity thereof does indeed play a role in the birth of the children as well as Anakin's downfall. -PH

Obi-Wan and Padme are close friends in Ep3. -PH

Padme will leave a safe haven and get into danger. -PH

I really hope that numbahs will see this movie! And I hope your faith in star wars will rise!

Hang on...Anakin KNOWS Padme is pregnant? OK, from what I know, I swear he doesn't know about it. If he did know he had children, wouldn't he (in 4 at least) make mention of him at LEAST once? Mention he knows of his existance? I'm confuzed

Before we move on.....that plot hole you mentioned is not a plot hole, trust me....when you watch the movie something will happen....or you could just read on and maybe I'll tell you :) But even that I don't know is true, until we watch the movies. All i know is that you will find out why Vader doesn't know his children exist,until he sees/feels Luke in Episode IV and V. I'm 95% sure that is not a plot hole.

Anyway, next character:

PALPATINE!!

"We will see more interaction between Anakin and Palpatine." - RM

Palpatine has several scenes with Anakin. -PH

"We will see the emperor and/or Anakin make use of the dark side of the force with lightning, chokes and more." - RM

We will definitely see Palpatine/Sidious use an "awesome display of the dark side of the force". - RM

Much of Palpatine's plan will be revealed in Ep3. - OS

Palpatine discusses a new assignment to Anakin in a scene in the Chancellor's office. - OS

One scene will be a Coruscant theater which will feature tiers of viewing boxes and an elaborate stage show for entertainment yet to be determined. Palpatine will be in this scene and a clue is that the show may be "refined and sophisticated". Palpatine will be seated, awaiting a guest. He will by joined by his aides Sly Moore and Mas Amedda and a pair of red robed guards. - OS

Palpatine and his entourage will be watching some performance art (Coruscant Theater) at one point in the film. The art will be created by ILM. -PH

The Coruscant theater scene with Palpatine will not be intercut with other sequences. -PH

A scene will feature Palpatine, Mas Amedda, and four red-robed guards in which they depart in a large shuttle. - OS

A scene will include Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Mace, and Bail Organa - as well as a swarm of Senators and planetary representatives, alien and human alike. - OS

Palpatine discusses a new assignment to Anakin in the Chancellor's Office. - OS

The Senate Rotunda scene will include Chancellor Palpatine, Sly Moore and Mas Amedda in their familiar positions on the Chancellor's podium. - OS

C-3PO has scene(s) with Palpatine in Ep3. - AD

Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) has a much larger and important role in Episode III (for obvious reasons). - OS

When asked if he had a favorite character in Ep3, Rick stated that he thought Palpatine was fantastic. - RM

The most often-quoted line on set is one spoken by Palpatine, which is cool and will likely make many a person's email signature. - PH

In Pablo's opinion, the most dramatic scene of shooting he has witnessed so far was the day Palpatine delivered a riveting performance, and the entire crew applauded because it was so well done. - PH

Regarding Ian's intensity in playing Palpatine in Ep3, "Ian doesn't hold anything back." - PH

Jimmy Smits and Ian McDiarmid seemed to be the actors that enjoyed wearing their costumes the most. Both have many more costumes than previous films and a number of costumes that could almost match Padmé's wardrobe in size. - TB

Palatine has more than one look/style of appearance in the film. -PH

Overall, Palpatine has much more screen time than Sidious. But Sidious will have much more screen time than seen in Ep2. -PH

Darth Sidious will remove his hood.-PH

Darth Sidious communicates with one of his evil henchmen via hologram. -OS

"You'd imagine that my character has been rather deskbound in the past but this time he will get to take part in the action. I can't give the story away as George Lucas would kill me but I have been engaged in far more physical activities than any of the other films. I have found myself sliding down chutes at speed and landing on heaps of rubber, it's been a completely new experience for me. I haven't had to go down the gym to get fit for the scenes but I did need a few rehearsals to get up to speed. Most of my scenes have been with Anakin Skywalker who eventually becomes Darth Vader." - IM

Darth Sidious uses his lightsaber. -NG

Darth Sidious will talk to people via hologram in Ep3. -OS

Ep3 will explain how and why Palpatine looks the way he does in ROTJ and why he did not look like that in Ep1 & 2. -PH

Sidious gets his hands dirty in this one. -PH

Darth Sidious has much more screentime in Ep3 than he did in Ep2. -PH

There will be three shots that establish the upscale entertainment venue wherein Palpatine catches a show in the posh Coruscant theater, filled to capacity with the high society of the capital planet. The theater is in the upper strata of the "entertainment district," the glassy neon-filled expanse that Obi-Wan and Anakin tore through in Episode II. The exterior of the building has an immense spot lit globe that presumably contains the auditorium. With a laser pointer, George points out possible places for limo traffic and droid valets to congregate. Palpatine's will be seated in one of several balconies. There will be many rows of stadium seating. But what draws the eye in certain camera angle is a bizarre zero gravity performance art of alien design which will be accompanied by unique alien music. While the show will demand attention, there is also important dialogue to be heard in the scene. -OS

In the theater balcony, Palpatine is accompanied by Mas Amedda, Sly Moore, and a pair of Royal Guards, plus another face. A computer-generated alien sits to the left behind the Supreme Chancellor. The alien guest isn't terribly important -- it's just there for visual diversity. -PH

Darth Sidious is a human, in case there was any doubt. -PH

There is nothing in Ep3 addressing anti-alien politics by Palpatine. That is left for the EU. -PH

For the scenes of Anakin and Palpatine in the Chancellor's office, George brought down the warmer values that were on stage, making everything a bit cooler, a bit more blue. It occurs during midday and he wants to provide a greater contrast to the warmer scenes that occur when Padmé and a group of concerned Senators meet with the Chancellor at dusk. -OS

Palpatine will not know about Luke and Leia. -PH

There is definitely more backstory developed for Palpatine in Episode III. By 2005, you'll know more about Palpatine than you ever did -- which I realize, isn't saying much. But you'll get some idea of his origins. -PH

Edited by Laice_

EP3: Revenge of the Sith Trailer Description!

Mon, Oct 11, 04 01:19:37 PM EDT

For each of the past two prequels we've provided full on descriptions of the trailers for the films. The tradition now continues with the final Star Wars movie ever, Revenge of the Sith. If you want to draw out the excitement, check out these classics like February 18th, 1999 for Episode I's Trailer B November 9th, 2001 and Episode II's first trailer. Tonight is no different from those magical nights of the past - here's the Episode III trailer description!

SPOILER WARNING!

The first half of trailer consists of ... (begin spoilers - highlight to read) a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.

This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ... (end spoilers) is about 100 seconds long.

We've been told that all of the music is edited from previous Episodes, featuring Darth Vader's Theme prominently. We're pumped about this, but have to admit this is quite a surprise to see this key moment this early in marketing. LFL sure is confident about this one- that's a good sign! Reaction is running strong in the spoiler forums. Enter at your own risk!

WebTV readers click here for SPOILERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More New Foreign Book Covers

Wed, Oct 06, 04 11:11:30 AM EDT

Check our Books section for this Episode 3-related story.

EP3: 7-Minutes Shown to TV Execs

Wed, Oct 06, 04 02:39:26 AM EDT

Variety reports that some 7 minutes of Episode III was shown to some TV execs this week. Could this just be the old "Back in Black" and bluescreen footage of old, or is this new?

As the 20th Mipcom TV mart kicked off Monday, international TV execs declared business had definitely taken a turn for the better. Extra fizz at the decidedly glitzier market -- determined revelers could have attended 15 hours of cocktail parties Monday -- was provided Sunday by a seven-minute teaser of George Lucas' upcoming "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith," followed by a swank party....

UPDATE

A friend just wrote in to tell us that the first 7 minutes of the film was shown totally completed to these members of the television industry.

EP3: Planet Name Revealed?

Wed, Oct 06, 04 02:36:08 AM EDT

Sompeetalay from TK-421 makes this small observation:

If you check out the new daily Hyperspace comic, you'll learn the existance of a planet called Felucia. If you remember well, Amy Allen herself claimed that Aayla Secura would be on a planet starting with the letter 'F' in 'ROTS'. Could Felucia be that planet?

Could be, who knows ...

5-27-77 Hits Theaters May 2005

Wed, Oct 06, 04 02:30:20 AM EDT

Check our Miscellaneous section for this Episode 3-related story.

EP3: Trailer in November

Wed, Oct 06, 04 02:28:27 AM EDT

Venkman7 makes this observation about the Revenge of the Sith trailer:

Not sure if anyone's written in, but buried in an article about "Orange Mobile Phone Users Now Have the Power of the Force", it says that more Episode III content will be available next month, after the trailer is released in theatres. Quote from the article: "But it's only a taster for what will be available in 2005 to celebrate the release of Revenge of the Sith. Orange World will feature the trailer for the new film as soon as it's released in cinemas next month."

Awesome news! We can't wait ...

EP3: Ewan Confirms Dark Mood in Movie

Wed, Oct 06, 04 02:24:19 AM EDT

Owen D-J sends this report in after catching Ewan McGregor on "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross" show. The host asked Ewan very briefely about Episode 3:

Ross: So what about this new Star Wars film, I've heard its very dark.

Ewan: Yes its very dark, alot darker than the other ones.

Also Ewan tried on a jacket that was meant to be used on a motorbike so when you fall off the motorbike the jacket inflates so you basicaly bounce, when he got up to try it on Jonathan Ross said "This is for your acting the the past two movies." They both laughed and then Ross said "No no it wasent you, you were great it was that Jar Jar character that did it." and they both laughed again.

NewJediOrder also sends this in:

At one point Ewan volunteered to try on a new 'infflatable' bike jacket that Ross had imported from Japan. Everyone was standing back in case it exploded and Ross said 'I'm just getting you back for the last two Star Wars films'. Ewan laughed but didn't look too pleased.

A little later, Ross asked 'So, I'm genuinely looking forward to the next Star Wars film, I hear it's the darkest of the bunch'.

Ewan replied 'Yeah, it's quite dark', but he had a downbeat grin on his face.

Ross asked 'Why are you laughing?'. Ewan replied quite solemly 'Because of the last comment you made'. Ross then laughed and said 'Well, they were rubbish. It wasn't you, you were great, it was that(did a Jar Jar impression), gay rastafarian thing'. They both just laughed.

I have to say that this was the first time I've ever seen Ewan McGregor not look too happy when someone criticised Star Wars. Normally he'd just laugh it off. But Jonathan Ross is the type of interveiwer who slates you and wants to be your best friend at the same time and to my mind, Ewan didn't like it too much.

From the theforce.net

Well....some inside sources say we will see it in the begginning stages. The ending scene is rumoured to be Vader, Palpatine and a young Tarkin looking over the construction of the death star. :D Sorry about the lack of updates, University life is keeping me off the computer.

I gotta say that I just watched the Rteunr of Darth Vader on the Star Wars DVD box set..and I gotta say when they showed clips of Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen fighting in front of the green screen and they had the music from The Phantom Menace playing, i kinda got a bit of chills. I'm really looking forward to this movie.

Yoda

No rematch between Yoda and Dooku though both will have their own fights. - SW Insider

"Yoda will be seen in action sequences again." - RC

Yoda has a scene on a gunship with Mace and Obi-Wan. - OS

Yoda has a scene where he will receive a hologram message from Mace. - OS

Scenes of Yoda will include his private quarters, as seen in Ep2. - OS

One scene will include Yoda walking and talking with Obi-Wan and Bail Organa. - OS

In a Jedi Council scene, we will see Mace Windu discussing new assignments with Hayden and Ewan. Yoda, Agen Kolar, Stass Allie, and Saesee Tiin are among those present. -OS

Yoda will be in a scene with Bail Organa in a conference room that features blinking lights and buttons that hark back to the OT settings. The scene is all dialogue and the characters are discussing crucial events of the galaxy.

We will see Yoda fighting again. - RM

One scene in another new section of Jedi Temple will feature a conversation between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. Yoda will walk across the frame. -OS

Yoda will be featured in a spectacular action sequence. -DG

Yoda went to Dagobah to hide. -PE

One shot shows Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi lit by the slotted blinds of Yoda's quarters. This shot will last 8 seconds. -OS

There is no Dagobah cave explanation or involvement in Ep3. It served its purpose in Ep5. -PH

George likes some things to be left open to interpretation, or mystery -- don't ever expect to find out Yoda's species or homeworld. -PH

Some of Yoda's scenes will include him sitting in the Council and walking alongside Bail and Obi-Wan. The proper texture of the woolen Jedi robes has been reproduced in digital form, with the tiny clumpy balls that sometimes form on sweaters and the like convincingly reproduced. -OS

Yoda will not fight the new villain. -PH

Yoda will be involved in more than one action sequence. -PH

Yoda will still not know "the answers" by the beginning of Ep3. -PH

So that means Yoda will face Sideous/Emperor Palpatine, Master Sith vs. Master Jedi. :crying: I can't wait for this movie :crying:

Please tell me Mace Windu gets lots of action.

I know Mace'll die or something, but i don't want it to happen. Least not without a good drawn out lightsaber duel.

Samuel L Jackson has said that Mace doesn't die like a punk, and his death has meaning.

What that meaning is, I have no idea, other than going along with that one part from the movie "Canadian Bacon" being...

"That's not it. The black guy always dies".

j/k.

Hmmm............Time for Mace Windu!! And at the end, I'll tell you who kills him!!

Mace Windu

"...And he's looking forward to the fact that he knows that at the end of the Clone War he gets killed so he gets hopefully a great death scene." - GL

Mace Windu will be wearing the same Jedi robes as in Episode II. Jackson will soon begin lightsaber rehearsals with Nick Gillard. - OS

"Mace Windu will go out in a blaze of glory." - RM

"Mace still has his purple lightsaber." - JK

"Mace Windu's role will be bigger and unforgettable." - RM

A scene on a gunship will include Obi-Wan and Mace and Yoda. - OS

In one scene Mace will be speaking to Yoda via hologram. - OS

A scene will include Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Mace, and Bail Organa - as well as a swarm of Senators and planetary representatives, alien and human alike. - OS

In a Jedi Council scene, we will see Mace Windu discussing new assignments with Hayden and Ewan. Yoda, Agen Kolar, Stass Allie, and Saesee Tiin are among those present. -OS

"I Finally got my sword fight..."; Samuel L. Jackson said that he finally got to “do that” (use his lightsaber). He said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he “doesn't go out like a punk”. - SLJ

We will see Mace in a certain form of "space action". - RM

It took eight days for Sam to learn a 137 move lightsaber duel. He is the one being attacked in the duel. "It was difficult to learn how to be in a scene being backed up and on defense the whole time". The fight area covered about 400 yards and Sam jumped off steps and various other things. - SLJ

Sam Jackson is happy about the fate of Mace Windu and how it is handled. -SLJ

Mace is not stabbed in the back. "It's full-frontal". -SLJ

One shot shows Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi lit by the slotted blinds of Yoda's quarters. This shot will last 8 seconds. -OS

Mace Windu will talk to people via hologram in Ep3. -OS

Mace's fighting style is consistent with what was developed for Episode II, but now he has a much more challenging opponent, so, there will be new moves. -PH

Mace is among the main characters with stunt work demanding enough to require digital doubling and mock heads of the character, created in exact detail. -OS

Mace Windu will not fight/die alone but he will last the longest. -PH

He begins fighting Palpatine, Anakin comes in, and he makes a choice....Palps or Windu. ;) Oh and Samuel L. Jackson will always be remembered!! ALWAYS! Purple lightsaber= :thumbsup:

As I'm sure some of you may know, the teaser trailer is going to be released in theatres with Pixar's The Incredibles. Also my brother just sent this to me through e-mail, and seeing as I didn't see it here is what looks to be a legit teaser poster, since I know some people can't be arsed to check out theforce.net

post-14-1098458720.jpg

Thoughts? I for one think it looks sweet and is very fitting of the movie.

Edited by Ekin Jones