Angel Series Finale

tristy

Discuss the series finale that aired tonight on the WB in here.

I'll save my comments until tomorrow when I'm sure that everyone in the US, atleast, has seen it.

I'll say this though: the ending is kinda hopeful for a spin-off/mini-series.

I liked the finale. It was fun to watch, and even hilarious at times ("You're betraying me as we speak!").

It had a nice epic ending... I was frustrated with it at first, but really, I don't know if there's a good way to end Angel. I'm not happy with it being cancelled already, but at least it's going out while the writing is great... unlike Buffy, which dipped down pretty far before they pulled the plug.

I liked the finale.  It was fun to watch, and even hilarious at times ("You're betraying me as we speak!").

It had a nice epic ending... I was frustrated with it at first, but really, I don't know if there's a good way to end Angel.  I'm not happy with it being cancelled already, but at least it's going out while the writing is great... unlike Buffy, which dipped down pretty far before they pulled the plug.

I think they ended it like they did because NBC is rumored to be picking it up, or WB might/will do a mini-series/mini-movie of Angel.

How'd it end? I didn't get to see it yet and I really want to know how it ends, Did Conner show up?

He came to help Angel fight...uh...I forgot his name, but he was working at Wolfram & Hart, and he was a member of The Circle Of The Black Thorn.

Ending was basically like this: Angel, Spike, Irilliya & Gunn were about to fight like 30,000 demons and dragons and shit and Angel said something like, "well let's start fighting" and it ended.

He came to help Angel fight...uh...I forgot his name, but he was working at Wolfram & Hart, and he was a member of The Circle Of The Black Thorn.

Ending was basically like this: Angel, Spike, Irilliya & Gunn were about to fight like 30,000 demons and dragons and shit and Angel said something like, "well let's start fighting" and it ended.

So did he get his memory back? what happened to conner? did he die? Is he evil and stuff?

So did he get his memory back? what happened to conner? did he die? Is he evil and stuff?

I believe he got his memories back, and he said he was grateful for what Angel did, but he didn't want to take it any further than that.

I hope someone picks up angel and I hope they get to do a final epoisde years down the road. Cause it would just blow if it ended this way, and am I the only one who liked the ending of buffy?

That was a good ending. The point was that the fight never ends, and nothing exemplified it like that. Gunn was likely mortally wounded, yet he still kept going. The only one who didn't stay along for the ride was Lorne, but he did his part and earned his exit.

It leaves you wondering what happened. The most reasonable, logical answer is that they all went out in a blaze of glory, but at the same time, you have to wonder. The only thing I think that could bail them out would be the Buffy and the army of slayers, and even then, it's what, a thousand people tops versus a massive amount of demons.

Wonderful episode. Everything from Harmony's betrayal to Lindsey's death to Wes' death to Angel and Connor vs. Hamilton to SPIKE'S POETRY BEING WELL RECIEVED was beautiful. I loved every second of it.

Guest DynamicJeremyS

I loved Angel, and although I knew Joss would have it end with a lot of stuff open, I still liked the episode.

I knew from the past few episodes Wesley was dying.... I'm surprised Lindsay died, I thought he'd be around.

I knew midway through Lorne was turning, but it was still fun to see.

Both Spike and Lindsay has some great lines, and the fighting was kick ass.

The Fred-Wesley stuff was really well written too.

Overall, I loved the episode. I'm one of the biggest Buffy/Angel makrs out there, so this was really special for me.

BTW, those Angle movies won't happen, as Angel will only do them if they are in theaters.

Another thing, did you notice that the 5 main characters (Angel, Cordelia, Wesley, Gunn, Fred), are all dead, except Angel and Gunn? Pretty funny when you look at it.

Also, did anybody hear about Nicholas Brendon's alchol problems, and now he's in rehab?

I hope someone picks up angel and I hope they get to do a final epoisde years down the road. Cause it would just blow if it ended this way, and am I the only one who liked the ending of buffy?

Well, I guess a big reason why I didn't like the ending of Buffy was because I didn't like the final season at all. I didn't have a whole lot of caring for a lot of the characters or storylines at that point, so there wasn't much the last episode could do for me.

What happened with Lorne and Harmony how'd they turn on Angel? Also did Conner just leave after confronting Angel or did they fight?

Connor and Angel didn't have a confrontation. Since the gang had essentially one day left to do as they pleased, they went off and did whatever (Spike went to a bar, drank a lot, and recited some of his old "bloody awful" poetry to a crowd that adored it, Gunn went back to his old neighborhood and spent time with Anne, Lorne sang somewhere, Wes tended to Illyria, and Lindsey played tonsil-hockey with Eve), Angel went and had coffee with Connor.

Later on, when Angel and Hamilton were fighting, Connor made the save and fought alongside Angel (though both of them got beaten up pretty bad until Angel drained some of Hamilton's blood, which was infused with the powers of the Wolf, the Ram, and the Hart). No confrontation.

And Lorne didn't betray Angel. His job in the final battle was to back Lindsey up in his mission and then kill him, which he did, and in return he cut his ties with the entire thing and left. Lorne knew that if he stayed with the gang he'd have to fight more and likely die, which, after Fred's death, he wanted no part of (as evidenced by how drained he was in the last couple episodes).

Harmony, though, since she had no soul, was the one who betrayed Angel by telling Hamilton what Angel's plans were so he could intercept him, but as it turned out Angel knew it would be Harm and so he intentionally let her know about the plans. See, everyone thought that Angel was going after Archduke Sybassis on the night of the battle, but as it turned out, Angel had already doen his job by spiking the blood of the Archduke's servant, whom he drinks from like wine, with some sort of poison, so his intention all along was to fight Hamilton.

That should answer all your questions.

I don't understand people who say they hated this series, I think it was probably the best series that they've done. I'm annoyed that it's all over now though as it had alot of life in it and I'd have loved another season to wrap it all up. Even Joss said the same thing, that he would have loved to go on with Angel and it's a big thing that it got cancelled, because with Buffy, he was ready to end it.

I don't really think it'll be back either. All this stuff about other networks picking it up is never going to happen and the TV movies look doubtful. Apart from anything, David Boreanz said he dosen't want to come back to the role unless they do a feature film.

The finale was great. The whole Illyria/Wes thing has been great and ended really well. I thought one of the best bits came from that when he said "Take your best shot" and his skill exploded lol. I liked the way it ended aswell, because now anything can happen. Lots of things have been wrapped up, but its never all finished. Now Joss can do what he wants, he could come back in 10 years and do an Illyria spin-off or something. He couldn't really do Angel or Spike with the whole age thing.

My only complaint about this whole series is that Hamilton wasn't in it from the start. He was much better than Eve who was just plain annoying. Anyway, great episode, great season, great series. I'll miss it

• 3 weeks later...

UK saw finale Tuesday.

I loved the finale. Ending reminded me of Blakes 7 when Avon was left with all those guards at him.

THEY KILLED WESLEY! My favourte character...but the ending was great, and you can slightly tell which parts Jeff Bell wrote and which parts Joss wrote. "You take the 30,000 of the left..." That was pure Joss.

I liked how they made it clear that the fight never ends, and leaving shows slightly open is always a good thing as it leaves for much debate and keeps you thinking about what would happen.

Spike at a poetry slam - that's problem Spike's best moment ever and stays true to the character. David Fury said "He's a lovesick poet, and will always be a lovesick poet." This was a perfect 'last day'.

DB said he does not have ANY intention of playing Angel again, while JM will love to play Spike for years. (Originally, Tim Minear wanted Spike to be the secondary character in the Faith spin-off.)

Overall, I loved the episode. I'm one of the biggest Buffy/Angel marks out there, so this was really special for me.

Wanna bet. :P

I thought the ending was brilliant as well, except for the fact that it WAS the ending. I'd love to see a Spike spin-off. James Masters is brilliant and hilarious at times as well.

They've recently started to show Buffy from the very first episode on Sky One, so I finally have my 6 o'clock TV back!

I thought the ending was brilliant as well, except for the fact that it WAS the ending. I'd love to see a Spike spin-off. James Masters is brilliant and hilarious at times as well.

They've recently started to show Buffy from the very first episode on Sky One, so I finally have my 6 o'clock TV back!

I think we're all pretty in favour of a Spike spinoff... I just hope it may actually happen someday. I need *something* from the Buffyverse anyways, I'm going through withdrawls!

At least I have my Angel Season 3 dvd :mellow: