ECW: From the Inside Out!

efwa4life

OOC: This diary is done under EWR using a modified Best of the 80s scenario meshed with Ravex update #24 (or 25, not sure). Anyway, I started it in 1985 and the wrestlers of today show up in the database when they reach 18 years of age.

August 24, 1994: A day that will live in wrestling infamy, a day that announced the beginning of the new era of professional wrestling. This was the day when Shane Douglas pronounced himself the first ever ECW World Heavyweight Champion and Eastern Championship Wrestling broke all ties with the NWA and became extreme. This is the diary of a man by the name of Paul Heyman. This is a look at ECW from the beginning. ECW: From the Inside Out!!

After making the decision to break away from the NWA, Paul Heyman was able to sign two wrestlers to written contracts. He plans on making these two the main wrestlers in the company. One has formerly wrestled for both the WWF and WCW and will now make his home in ECW. He is the first ever ECW World Heavyweight Champion. He is Shane Douglas. The other is a man who has traveled the world. He was trained by a legendary wrestler and will hopefully revolutionize the professional wrestling industry. He is Rob Van Dam. Also, signed on to be the announcer is the voice of ECW, Joey Styles.

This is what the wrestling world looks like right now.

1. World Wrestling Federation (WWF): Owner: Vince McMahon Global 100%

1. Hulk Hogan. 2. Bobby Jaggers. 3. Gerry Brisco. 4. Keith Hart. 5. Michael Hayes

2. World Championship Wrestling (WCW): Owner: Jim Crockett Sr. Global 58%

1. Ric Flair. 2. Bobby Heenan. 3. Kevin Von Erich. 4. Theodore Long. 5. Jim Cornette

3. Canadian Golden Combat (CGC): Owner: Victor Jovica National 11%

1. Lance Storm. 2. Chaz Warrington. 3. Gene Anderson. 4. Dan Severn. 5. Vampiro.

4. Central States (CSTATE): Owner: Bob Geigel National 4%

1. Olimpico. 2. Sting. 3. Jake Roberts 4. Nikolai Volkoff. 5. Bill Alfonso

5. American Wrestling Association (AWA): Owner: Verne Gagne Cult 92%

1. Curt Hennig. 2. Jerry Lynn. 3. Greg Gagne. 4. Tyree Pride. 5. John Boy Humphreys

6. Championship Wrestling from Florida (CWF): Owner: Eddie Graham Cult 86%

1. Yoshihiro Tajiri. 2. The Sandman. 3. Road Warrior Hawk. 4. Scott Hall. 5. Percy Pringle

7. League Against The McMahon Family (LATMF): Owner: Phil Golden Cult 79%

1. Yoshihiro Tajiri. 2. Scott hall. 3. Ricky Murdoch. 4. Bam Bam Bigelow. 5. Mano Negra

8. Danger And Violence Extreme (DAVE): Owner: Sam Muchnik Cult 75%

1. Pat Patterson. 2. Francine. 3. Yoshihiro Takiri. 4. Muhammed Ali. 5. Scott Vick

9. Total Championship Wrestling (TCW): Owner: Bill Watts Cult 19%

1. Andrei Kopilov. 2. Fritz. 3. Maurice Smith. 4. Kevin Nash. 5. Minoru Fujita

10. Georgia Championship Wrestling (GCW): Owner: Jim Barnett Cult 11%

1. Ted DiBiase. 2. Al Snow. 3. Johnny B. Badd. 4. Tom Howard. 5. Steve Williams

11. Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW): Owner: Paul Heyman Cult 10%

1. Paul Heyman. 2. Shane Douglas. 3. Rob Van Dam

12. World Level Wrestling (WLW): Owner: David McLane Regional 56%

1. Paul Ellering. 2. Scott Braddock. 3. Kurt Angle. 4. Big Bossman. 5. Rockin’ Rebel

13. NWA Old School Rulz (NWA:OSR): Owner: Yoshinosato Momota Small 35%

1. Little Guido. 2. Shoji Nakamaki. 3. Pat Miletich. 4. Christopher Daniels. 5.Big Vito

14. XXX Wrestling (3XW): Owner: Mr. Wrestling II Small 31%

1. New Jack. 2. Steve Blackman. 3. Funaki. 4. Psychosis. 5. Yuji Nagata

15. No Name Wrestling (NNW): Owner: John Cazana Backyard 82%

1. Chris Hamrick. 2. The Great Sasuke. 3. Koji Kanemoto. 4. Oriental 5. Sabu

16. NWA East Coast (NWAEC): Owner: Johnny Cafarella Backyard 57%

1. BG James. 2. Erik Watts. 3. Steven Richards. 4. Chris Kanyon. 5. Kane

17. Smart Mark Wrestling Association (SMWA): Owner: Susumu Nikaido Backyard 49%

1. Don Callis. 2. Marcus Bagwell. 3. Rikishi. 4. Mike Tyson. 5. Shawn Stasiak

18. New York City Wrestling (NYCW): Owner: Unknown Backyard 0%

1. Super Boy. 2. Taka Michinoku. 3. Manabu Nakanishi. 4. Kevin Randleman. 5. Murilo Bustamante

These are the Japanese rosters as of August 1994:

All Japan Pro Wrestling:

Bill Goldberg, Masato Tanaka, Maurice Smith, Ryuji Yamakawa, Sabu, Scott Steiner, Shoji Nakamaki, The Great Muta, Toshiaki Kowada, Yoji Anjoh

BattleArts:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Randy Couture

Big Japan Pro Wrestling:

Brian Pillman, Chris Benoit, Funaki, Kendo Kashin

Michinoku Pro:

Mark Weir, Minoru Fujita, Takashi Okamura, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Yoshinari Ogawa

New Japan Pro Wrestling:

Akira Hokuto, Atsushi Onita, El Samurai, Ikuto Hidaka, Jado, Jinsei Shinzaki, Jushin Liger, Lioness Asuka, Masaaki Mochizuki, Naohiro Horshikawa, Naoki Sano, Shinobu Kandori, Super Delfin, Taka Michinoku, Ultimo Dragon

Osaka Pro:

Johnny Smith, Kenta Kobashi

PRIDE:

Bobby Hoffman, Daijiro Matsui, Enson Matsui, Hugo Duarte, Ian Freeman, Kurt Angle, Mark Coleman, Mikhail Illoukhine, Oleg Taktarov, Royce Gracie, Vanderlei Silva, Yuji Nagata

Pro Wrestling NOAH:

Akira Taue, Andrei Kopilov, Bradshaw, Christopher Daniels, El Hijo Del Santo, Glen Ruth, Ichiro Yaguchi, Ketucky Gossard, Konnan, Mad Man Pando, Marco Ruas, Pat Militich, Royler Gracie, Tank Abbott, Tarzan Goto

Toryumon:

Asian Cougar, Gedo, Kaz Hayashi, The Great Sasuke

World Japan Pro Wrestling:

Al Snow, Bam Bam Bigelow, Gil Castillo, Ken Shamrock, Little Guido, Mike Rotundo, Scott Hall, Steve Blackman,

Wrestling Marvelous Future:

Chigusa Nagayo, Daisuke Ikeda, Kazuhiko Masada, Koji Kanemoto, Lyguila, Takuma Sano

Zero-One:

Antonio Plague, Buzz Tyler, Chuck Liddell, Mitsuhara Misawa, Ron Simmons, Shinya Hashimoto, Shohei Quint, Triple H

~ August 28, 1994 – There was a meeting the next morning after a night of drinking in celebration of our split from the NWA. There were only four men in the meeting as they were the only four that actually worked for the company as of this point. Shane Douglas, Rob Van Dam, our announcer (who also jumped with us from the NWA) Joey Styles, and Myself (Paul Heyman). The four of us sit around a table, all battling small signs of our hangovers. I decided to start the meeting.

Heyman: Okay guys, first things first, what kinds of guys should we look into trying to sign to start the company?

Douglas: I think we should get DC Drake. He can sell and he’s pretty over from his days in the AWA.

Van Dam: No way, dude. We need to get Ron Killings. He can do crazy stuff in the ring, and he’ll put his body on the line every night, man. That is what you need to be extreme.

~ Joey Styles was watching quietly from his corner of the table, ,not wanting to speak up being the youngest and least experienced at the table..

Heyman: You have any thoughts Joey?

Styles: I think we should sign them both, but we should really be looking at Shane Helms. He is making a name for himself in the Carolinas. If we want him we need to act now before it is too late.

Heyman: Well we’ll need to get about 20 more guys, so if we get these three, where do we go from there?

Douglas: We need to hire as many big names as possible…

Van Dam: No way! We need to get dudes that will do some crazy shit…

Styles: I think we need to get some young guys that have the skills that we can help mold into the big names in the company.

~ The meeting continued on as we finalized our roster, including some alternatives barring that we couldn’t get the wrestlers we wanted.

~ August 28, 1994 – Van Dam: No way, dude.  We need to get Ron Killings.  He can do crazy stuff in the ring, and he’ll put his body on the line every night, man.  That is what you need to be extreme.

Edited by Cobane

Yeah that was why I put that note in at the beginning, so people would know what was going on. Also, I am going out of town for the weekend so my next update won't be until sometime next week, probably around Thursday.

Thanks for reading though.

Edited by efwa4life

OOC: My plans changed and I don't leave until tomorrow morning, so I had time to fit this in. I hope you guys enjoy it once I actually start the shows.

September 1, 1994 – We are now officially known as Extreme Championship Wrestling. We have finalized our roster, as much as you can in this business. We decided that our first show will be on September 24, 1994. It will be called Beginning of the Extreme.

This is what our current roster looks like:

Face

Heel

Booking Team

Main Event

Shane Douglas (ECW World Heavyweight Champion) (Written) (Creative Control)

2 Cold Scorpio (Written)

DC Drake (Written)

Upper Midcard

Rebel McKean (Written)

Invader 1 (Written)

Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy (Open)

The Spoiler (Written)

Midcard

Moondog Spot (Written)

Blue Panther (Written)

“Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin (Written)

Rob Van Dam (Written) (Creative Control)

Christian Cage (Written)

Ron Killings (Written)

Carl Oulette (Written)

Shane Helms (Written)

Chris Chetti (Written)

The Great Muta (Open)

Lower Midcard

Devon Storm (Written)

Matt Hardy (Written)

Jinsei Shinzaki (Open)

Adam Copeland (Written)

Opener

Sabu (Open)

Mikey Tenderfoot (Written)

Billy Kidman (Written)

Blitzkrieg (Open)

Managers

Paul Heyman (Unsackable) (Creative Control)

Alex York (A.K.A. Terri) (Written)

Vicky Carvill (Written)

And the Staff is as follows:

Announcers:

Joey Styles

Referees:

Alfred Neeley

Kenny Jay

Ron West

Production:

Bobby Lee

Medical:

Bill Blassie

Writers:

Jerry Christy

Ray Edwards

Road Agents:

Curtis Iaukea

Herb Freeman

September 18, 1994 - The AWA has risen to national level after their Superclash show highlighted by Curt Hennig beating John Boy Humphrey’s for the AWA World Heavyweight Title

Edited by efwa4life

If I was taking this as a literal history lesson about ECW, I would think it was terrible, but since it is your fantasy interpretation (i.e. some of the wrestlers haven't even started to be known or even started in the business by 94 and some of the Japanese promotions didn't come into existence until years later), I'd like to see where you go with it.

Beginning of the Extreme

September 24, 1994 – Sitting in a large room backstage are all the wrestlers on the card for tonight as I have asked them to get together before the show. Once all of them are there, I begin my pep talk.

Heyman: Everybody gather around!

~ Heyman waits for everybody’s attention.

Heyman: Guys, this show is going to make us or break us. I know you guys are the guys that can make this thing work. We got 500 people out there, hopefully, to watch you guys do what you do. I promise all of you, that if this show works, if we leave people talking after tonight, ECW can not be stopped!! We will take over the World!! Alright, let’s go start the show!

~ The doors of the ECW Arena have opened for an opening bell time of 8:00 here in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Most of the audience has already found their seats as a few late arrivals make their way in. In total there are 385 people here to watch the Beginning of the Extreme!

~ Joey Styles walks out to the ring and climbs in from the back with a microphone in his hand. He has on a brown suit without a tie.

Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Extreme Championship Wrrrrrrrrestling!!

~ Pop from the crowd.

Styles: I am Joey Styles and I would like to welcome you all to the Beginning of the Extreme!

~ Crowd pops again.

Styles: Now before…….

~ “TNT” by AC/DC plays interrupting Joey Styles, as Paul Heyman walks out from the back. He has on a suit with no tie and a plain black baseball cap on his bald, pony tailed head. Heyman takes the microphone away from Joey Styles.

Heyman: Thank you, Mr. Styles. Now, before we start the show, I have come out here to let everyone know that DC Drake will be here tonight!

~ The crowd pops at the name of DC Drake.

Overall: 71

Heyman: In fact, DC Drake will fight for the ECW World Heavyweight Title, tonight!

~ Crowd pops again.

Heyman: Because, tonight, the main event will be DC Drake versus ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas VERSUS 2 Cold Scorpio in a three…way…dance!

~ Crowd pops once again.

Overall: 91

~ Heyman exits the ring and sits at ringside to watch the show, while Joey Styles announces the ring entrances.

Billy Kidman vs. Sabu

~ “Paradise City” by Guns N' Roses plays

Styles: Now coming to the ring, from Allentown, Pennsylvania, Billy Kidman!!

~ Billy Kidman walks towards the ring. He is wearing plain black tights with black boots. “Jaws Theme” by John Williams plays.

Styles: His opponent from Bombay, India, Sabu!!

~ Sabu makes his way to the ring. Sabu has on baggy green trunks with a white sash around his waist with pointy white boots. Joey Styles leaves the ring and takes his spot next to Paul Heyman at ringside. The referee for this match is Mikey Tenderfoot.

Tenderfoot calls for the bell and the two men lock up in the middle of the ring. Sabu forces Kidman back into the corner and hits him in the midsection with his knee. Sabu whips Kidman into the opposite corner and follows in with a monkey flip, but Kidman lands on his feet from the monkey flip and dropkicks Sabu into the corner. Kidman runs over and gets a foot to the face from Sabu. Sabu climbs the ropes and hits a flying clothesline on Kidman. Kidman is down and Sabu leaves the ring. He goes to where Joey Styles and Paul Heyman are and steals a steel folding chair. Sabu slides the chair into the ring and referee Mikey Tenderfoot tries to take the chair from him. Sabu throws Tenderfoot to the canvas. Kidman slowly gets back to his feet. Kidman turns around and ducks the swinging chair of Sabu. Kidman dropkicks the chair into the face of Sabu. Sabu drops the chair and falls back into the corner. Kidman sets Sabu on the top rope and climbs up with him. Kidman tries a top rope frankensteiner, but Sabu blocks it and turns it into a powerbomb from the top rope, which causes Kidman to land back first on the steel chair. The crowd pops huge at the powerbomb. Sabu grabs the chair and climbs the ropes with it in his hand. Kidman is in the middle of the ring and Sabu hits the Arabian Facebuster. Mikey Tenderfoot just now gets back to his feet. Sabu goes for the pin on Kidman and gets the three count.

WINNER: Sabu

MQ: 78

CR: 28

Overall: 53

~ Sabu leaves the ring as Mikey Tenderfoot helps Billy Kidman to the back.

Christian Cage vs. “Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin

~ “Rock And Roll All Nite” by Kiss plays

Styles: Coming to the ring, from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Christian Cage!!

~ Cage walks towards the ring. He is wearing long blue trunks with blue boots. “Freebird” by AC/DC plays

Styles: His opponent, from Bad Street, USA, “Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin!!

~ Garvin works his way to the ring. He is wearing red tights with black boots. Joey Styles leaves the ring and takes his spot next to Paul Heyman at ringside. The referee for this match is Ron West.

Ron West calls for the bell as Jimmy Garvin charges Cage in the corner. Garvin hits Cage with a double forearm to the back. Garvin beats Cage down to the mat. While Cage is down Garvin starts to stomp away at the downed Cage. Garvin helps Cage back to his feet and whips him towards the ropes. Cage comes off the ropes and ducks under a clothesline attempt from Garvin. Cage comes back and hits a cross body block, knocking Garvin to the ground and causing a pin attempt. Ron West starts a count but only gets to two before Garvin kicks out. Cage helps Garvin back to a vertical base and ties him up with a headlock. Garvin backs into the ropes and whips Cage across the ring. As Cage comes back Garvin knocks him down with a shoulder block. Garvin picks Cage back up and sits him up for a body slam right in the middle of the ring. Garvin plants Cage down and comes off the ropes with a knee drop that connects with Cage’s forehead. Garvin goes for the pin, but Cage kicks out at two. Garvin pulls cage up and pushes him back into a corner. Garvin climbs up on Cage and starts to punch away on Cage as the crowd counts the punches. After seven Cage picks Garvin up and hits an inverted atomic drop on him. Garvin is down holding himself in the middle of the ring and Christian Cage begins to climb to the top rope. Ron West is checking on Jimmy Garvin, who pushes West into the ropes causing Cage to fall and crotch himself on the top rope. Garvin slowly gets back to his feet and climbs to the second rope hooking Cage up with a suplex out of the corner. Garvin plays to the audience, who boo him in return. Cage is getting back to his feet, Garvin turns around and nails cage with the DDT. Garvin goes for the pin and gets the three count.

WINNER: Jimmy Garvin

MQ: 51

CR: 52

Overall: 51

~Jimmy Garvin kicks away at Christian Cage until Ron West can talk him away from the ring. Christian Cage slowly rolls out of the ring and leaves walking gingerly.

Blue Panther vs. Moondog Spot

~ “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns N' Roses starts up

Styles: From Guadalajara, Mexico, Blue Panther!!

~ Blue Panther walks towards the ring. Panther is wearing long blue trunks and blue boots with a blue mask with gray trim. “Wild Thing” by The Troggs plays.

Styles: From the Dark Side of the Moon, Moondog Spot!!

~ Spot pulls apart the curtain and walks out towards the ring. He is wearing torn up blue jean shorts with black boots. Joey Styles leaves the ring and takes his spot next to Paul Heyman at ringside. The referee for the match is Ron West.

Moondog Spot carried a big bone to the ring with him and he runs at Blue Panther with the bone in his hand. Blue Panther ducks the bone and kicks Spot in the stomach. Spot drops the bone in the corner as Panther hooks Spot up for a suplex and connects. With Spot down, Panther bounces off the ropes and hits a running leg drop on Spot. Panther helps Spot back to his feet, but Moondog Spot headbutts him in return. Spot goes back over and picks up his bone and clobbers Blue Panther in the head with it. Panther goes down to the mat and Spot dives on him choking him with the bone. Panther tries to kick at Moondog Spot, but he just applies more pressure to the throat of Blue Panther, until Panther finally has no choice but to submit.

WINNER: Moondog Spot

MQ: 35

CR: 48

Overall: 44

~ Moondog Spot leaves the ring with the big bone he brought with him. Ron West helps Blue Panther to the back while he is coughing and spitting.

ECW Tag Team Title Match

Team Extreme (Rob Van Dam/Shane Helms) vs. Young Knights (Ron Killings/Chris Chetti)

~ “Poundcake” by Van Halen blares through the sound system.

Styles: Now coming to the ring, the team of Rob Van Dam and Shane Helms, Team Extreme!!

~ Rob Van Dam and Shane Helms have on matching RVD style (i.e. they look like they were designed by somebody on acid) singlets. “Sad But True” by Metallica starts up.

Styles: Their opponents, the team of Ron Killings and Chris Chetti, Young Knights!!

~ Ron Killings and Chris Chetti are wearing black trunks with black boots. Joey Styles leaves the ring and takes his spot next to Paul Heyman at ringside. The referee for this match is Alfred Neeley.

Neeley calls for the bell and Rob Van Dam and Ron Killings start off the match. They lock up in the middle of the ring. Killings pushes Van Dam back into the corner where Chris Chetti is waiting. Killings tags in Chetti as they double team Van Dam. They hit a double Russian leg sweep and follow it up with Killings slamming Chetti on top of RVD for a pin. Ron West counts to two before Van Dam kicks out. Chetti picks RVD up and sets him in the corner in a tree of woe type position. Chetti then walks to the middle of the ring. Chetti runs towards RVD and baseball slides into his face. RVD falls face first in the ring as Chetti gets back onto the apron. Chetti slingshots into the ring and hits a leg drop to Van Dam in the back of the head. Chetti rolls Van Dam over and goes for a pin. He only gets a two count before Shane Helms is able to break up the pinfall. Chetti picks RVD back up and drags him to the corner where he tags Ron Killings back in. Killings climbs the ropes as Chetti hits Van Dam with a backbreaker and Killings hits a leg drop. RVD flips and lands on his face once again. Killings picks RVD back up, but Van Dam punches him in the stomach. Van Dam starts to fight back as the crowd starts to cheer. Van Dam punches Killings once more before grabbing him and whipping him to the corner. Killings hits the corner and stumbles out, while Van Dam bounces from the second rope to the top rope and kicks Killings in the back of the head. Killings falls to the mat with RVD as Ron West starts the mandatory 10 count. Van Dam crawls his way to the corner and makes the tag to Shane Helms. After Helms is tagged in, Killings tags in Chetti. Chetti charges at Helms. Helms punches him in the head and throws him to the corner. Killings charges at Helms, but Helms ducks and back body drops him over the top rope to the floor. Helms grabs Chetti in the corner and whips him across the ring and follows him in with a big splash. Chetti stumbles forward and falls to the canvas. Helms picks Chetti up and slams him down in the middle of the ring. Chetti climbs the corner, and Van Dam climbs the opposite corner. They both jump simultaneously. Van Dam hits the five star frog splash and Helms hits a leg drop! RVD rolls around the ring holding his ribs while Helms covers Chetti in the middle of the ring. Ron West counts to three.

WINNER: and NEW ECW Tag Team Champions Team Extreme

MQ: 85

CR: 48

Overall: 66

~ Joey Styles hands the belts to Team Extreme as the Young Knights go to the back. Rob Van Dam and Shane Helms climb the corners showing off the belts to the audience before finally heading to the back.

Rebel McKean vs. Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy

~ “Fight for Your Right” by Beastie Boys plays.

Styles: From New York, New York, Rebel McKean!!

~ McKean is wearing black trunks with black boots. Terry Gordy walks out from the back as “Freebird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd plays.

Styles: His opponent, from Bad Street, USA, Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy!!

~ Gordy is wearing red tights with red boots. Joey Styles leaves the ring and takes his spot next to Paul Heyman at ringside. The referee for this match is Alfred Neeley.

The bell rings and the two men circle each other in the ring. They finally lock up before Gordy pushes McKean into the corner. Gordy hits McKean with a knee in the midsection. Gordy whips McKean into the opposite corner hard. McKean hits the corner and falls on his face in the corner. Gordy helps McKean back to his feet. McKean drops Gordy with a quick drop toe hold. Gordy hits his face on the second turnbuckle. McKean sits Gordy on the top rope facing the crowd. McKean sets Gordy up with a release German suplex from the top rope. Gordy is laying in the middle of the ring face down. McKean locks Gordy in the camel clutch. Gordy manages to get up to his knees and then to his feet. McKean is hanging on Gordy’s back. Gordy slams McKean into the corner. McKean releases the hold. Gordy hits McKean upside the head. McKean goes back into the corner. Gordy splashes McKean. Gordy picks McKean up and is trying to set him up for the powerslam. McKean slides down his back and pushes Gordy away. Gordy turns around and McKean hits a gutwrench suplex on Gordy. With Gordy down, McKean applies his fujiwara armbar. Gordy has no choice but to submit to the devastating hold.

WINNER: Rebel McKean

MQ: 44

CR: 58

Overall: 53

~ Rebel McKean leaves the ring followed by Alfred Neeley. Terry Gordy berates the crowd and then heads to the back holding onto his arm.

ECW World Heavyweight Title Match

DC Drake vs. 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Shane Douglas©

~ “Fanfare for the Common Man” by Emerson Lake & Palmer starts up.

Styles: Hailing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, DC Drake!!

~ Drake comes out to the ring. Drake is wearing a black singlet with black boots and black face paint around his eyes. “Whoomp! There It Is” by Tag Team plays.

Styles: Hailing from Atlanta, Georgia, 2 Cold Scorpio!!

~ Scorpio is wearing blue and yellow trunks with blue boots as he makes his way to the ring. “Are You Gonna Go My Way?” By Lenny Kravitz plays.

Styles: From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Shane Douglas!!

~ Douglas is wearing yellow tights with yellow boots, wearing the ECW World Heavyweight Title belt around his waist. Joey Styles leaves the ring and takes his spot next to Paul Heyman at ringside. The referee for this match is Kenny Jay.

After the bell rings DC Drake gets attacked by both men. Douglas and Scorpio beat down on Drake. Scorpio continues to kick Drake as Douglas leaves the ring. Douglas looks under the ring and drags out a trash can and throws it in the ring. Scorpio picks up the trash can and bashes Drake in the head with it. Douglas looks under the ring again and pulls out a table. Douglas sets the table up between the security railing and the ring apron. Scorpio hits Drake in the head again with the trash can. Douglas slides back in the ring and both men are trying to set up Drake to go through the table. Douglas throws Drake out of the ring and follows him out. Scorpio climbs to the top rope. Douglas places Drake on the table but Drake starts to fight back. Drake fights his way off the table and slams Douglas’ head into the table. Drake puts Douglas on the table and Scorpio does the 450 through the table onto Douglas!! Some fans in the front row start chanting “Holy shit! Holy shit!” but it doesn’t catch on with the rest of the crowd. Drake grabs Scorpio and throws him back in the ring. Drake picks up the dented trash can and lays it in the middle of the ring and suplexes Scorpio on to it. Drake goes for the pin and Kenny Jay only counts to two before 2 Cold Scorpio is able to kick out. Drake and Scorpio fight over the trash can as Douglas slides back in the ring with a steel folding chair. Douglas nails Scorpio in the back with the chair. Scorpio goes down and Douglas starts to berate Scorpio. Drake hits Douglas in the back with the trash can. Douglas falls on top of Scorpio and Kenny Jay starts the count. Jay only gets to two before Drake hits Douglas again with the now flattened trash can. Douglas rolls off Scorpio. Drake picks up Scorpio and body slams him back down to the canvas, before hitting a fist drop to the temple of 2 Cold Scorpio. Douglas gets back to his feet and nails DC Drake in the back with the steel chair. Drake goes down and Douglas picks up 2 Cold Scorpio and throws him out of the ring in the area of Joey Styles and Paul Heyman. Douglas then lays the chair in the ring and hits DC Drake with the Franchiser onto the chair. Douglas goes for the pin and Kenny Jay counts to three before 2 Cold Scorpio can climb back in the ring to break up the fall.

WINNER: and still ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas

MQ: 64

CR: 64

Overall: 63

~ Shane Douglas puts the ECW World Heavyweight Title back around his waist and climbs each corner in progression taunting the audience before finally leaving the ring.

Joey Styles gets back in the ring with his microphone.

Styles: Ladies and gentlemen we appreciate your support and we hope to see you next month at Hardcore Heaven, right here at the ECW Arena on October 22!

~ Fans start to file out of the arena as Scorpio and DC Drake head towards the locker room area.

Overall Rating for Beginning of the Extreme: 61

There it is, I can't wait to hear what you guys think of the first show. My next post should have the card for Hardcore Heaven posted with it to start the prediction contest. I haven't decided what the winner gets yet, but I will figure it out soon.

Edited by efwa4life

September 24, 1994 (Almost September 25, 1994) – After the show is over most of the boys go to the local tavern (a place called the Yucatan Liquor Stand) to help us wind down. Of course, I had more work to do, but I could do it at the bar, right? So, by the time I arrived, DC Drake, Jimmy Garvin, Moondog Spot, Shane Douglas, Sabu, and Terry Gordy were already there. Also there were Curtis Iaukea, Jerry Christy and Ray Edwards. Joey Styles rode over with me, in my old beat up ’82 Dodge Omni with the rusted muffler wired to the bumper. I find a parking spot all the way across the lot and follow Joey into the bar. It was a normal looking bar with a thick cloud of smoke lingering in the air in a way similar to the way in-laws linger around your house. I noticed Shane Douglas was already in conversations with Curtis Iaukea, Jerry Christy and Ray Edwards. I worked my way towards them and sit next to them in the cramped booth. Joey Styles works his way over after finding RVD somewhere else in the bar and they pull chairs over next to the booth as we begin to talk about what went down just hours before.

Heyman: So, what’d you guys think?

~ My question was answered with silence. I assumed they were waiting to know what I felt.

Heyman: I think there were spots that could have been done better, but overall I’d say we got our point across, especially in the main event.

Douglas: Well that table spot sure got some of ‘em going, huh?

~ A few chuckles are heard around the table.

Christy: Yeah, were those guys chanting, “Holy shit,” in the front row?

Douglas: Yeah, I couldn’t believe it either. Maybe we need to add a thing like that in every show to make ‘em mark out like crazy.

~ The music in the bar gets louder and we have to raise our voices just in order to hear ourselves let alone each other.

Heyman: Well we definitely have the people that can pull off the mark outs every night. By the way I already talked to Bobby (Lee) and he is making copies of the tape of the show, we’ll probably be able to watch it sometime tomorrow.

Van Dam: How about that chair spot in the Sabu, Kidman match, huh?

Iaukea: I don’t think their match went over too well with the crowd. It just seemed like their skills didn’t mesh together well enough. Not like you and Helms did. You guys had unbelievable chemistry out there.

Van Dam: I was getting my ass kicked the whole match, dude.

Edwards: Yeah, but that splash leg drop thing was crazy!

Van Dam: Yeah I know, man. We were trying to think of something cool that we could use as our finisher.

Heyman: Well, I think you found it, because if you guys can time that right every night, you can bring the house down.

~ The talk turned to other things as everybody wound down after the show before eventually leaving. I noticed Douglas left with a woman on each arm and thought, “It must be good to be champ.”

September 25, 1994 – I awoke with a start hearing my phone ring from across the room. I stumbled in the darkness trying to find my way to a light or the phone or something. I finally find the telephone and answer it, still feeling the effects of my hangover.

Heyman: Hello?

Phone: We got the tape ready, Paulie.

Heyman: Bobby?

Lee: Yeah, we got the tape ready, you wanna watch it now?

Heyman: What time is it?

Lee: Uhhhh…Like four o’clock

Heyman: What the hell? In the morning?

Lee: Yeah

Heyman: I’ll be over at around noon to get it, ok?

Lee: Yeah that’s cool.

~ I hang up the phone and return to my bed to try and get some more peaceful sleep.

September 25, 1994 – 11:58 – I walk up the sidewalk of Bobby Lee’s house. I ring the door bell and wait for an answer. A beautiful young lady answers the door and I can hear what sounds like a party behind her.

Heyman: Hello, I’m here to talk to Bobby, is he in.

Lady: Yes, sir, he is in the back room.

~ I follow the lovely lady to the room in the back where I find Shane Douglas, Rob Van Dam, Joey Styles, Jerry Christy, Ray Edwards, and Curtis Iaukea were already there and waiting for me to arrive. Once Bobby sees me here he puts the tape in the machine and starts it up.

~ After watching the show we start to discuss what we should do.

Heyman: We need to send this tape to one of the television networks.

Christy: Yeah, but where should we start?

Heyman: Well we need a network that is pretty lax with their standards. I mean a network that isn’t afraid to show blood and cursing and things like that.

Douglas: How about HBO?

Edwards: AWA already has a show on HBO.

Van Dam: How about channel 21?

Iaukea: They already have a wrestling show too.

Styles: How about Showtime?

Heyman: Perfect! They have no wrestling shows and we can be aired uncensored.

~ I take the tape and leave with it to the post office to mail off our package. Now we wait for a response.

September 30, 1994 - The following birthday’s occurred this month: Matt Hardy (19), Paul Heyman (29), Blitzkrieg (26), Blue Panther (34), and Jimmy Garvin (47)

October 01, 1994 - Gama Singh has retired from WCW! Rambo has announced he will retire next month. Bill Mulkey has announced he will retire next month. Dusty Rhodes has announced he will retire from WWF after Wrestling Classic on October 30, 1994. Chavo Guerrero Sr. has left CSTATE. Total Championship Wrestling have gone bankrupt and a new promotion, Wrestling Is Life, has opened at Backyard level 75%.

October 02, 1994 - WWF have fired Brian Knobs! WCW have signed Greg Valentine to a written contract! Blitzkrieg has agreed to an open contract with WIL!

October 03, 1994 - AWA have fallen to Cult level. AWA have released Todd Criddle and Bill Angel!

October 04, 1994 - We signed Douglas Captain to be a manager.

October 14, 1994 - CSTATE have released Kid Kash, Toshiaki Kawada, and Christopher Daniels!

October 16, 1994 - CWF have risen to National level after their show “CWF the Last Hard Men,” which was highlighted by The Sandman beating Eddie Guerrero to retain the CWF World Heavyweight Title. CWF then signed Louie Spicolli and Adrian Lynch to written contracts later in the night after the show!

October 18, 1994 - Mike Awesome has agreed to an open contract with GCW! Paul Ellering has agreed to an open contract with CSTATE! CWF have signed Volkhan Singh to a written contract! El Pantera II has agreed to an open contract with AWA! WWF have signed Sarah Doll to a written contract! Scott Hall has decided to work for DAVE rather than CSTATE! Bam Bam Bigelow has decided to work for CGC rather than CSTATE! Yoshinari Ogawa has agreed to an open contract with LATMF!

October 19, 1994 - Steve Simpson and New Jack have agreed to open contracts with CSTATE! WCW have signed independent worker Paul Ellering to a written contract! Bobby Jay has agreed to an open contract with DAVE!

October 20, 1994 - Jorge Estrada has agreed to an open contract with CSTATE!

Which brings us up to October 22, 1994…

The card for Hardcore Heaven is as follows:

Adam Copeland vs. Sabu

Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Matt Hardy

Shane Helms vs. The Spoiler

Rob Van Dam vs. Invader 1

ECW Tag Team Title Number One Contenders Match

Canadian Destroyers (Christian Cage/Carl Ouelette) vs. Young Knights (Ron Killings/Chris Chetti)

DC Drake vs. 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Rebel McKean vs. Shane Douglas©

Bonus points if you get the people involved in the falls of the tag team match and the people involved in the fall in the ECW World Title match. The winner of the prediction contest gets to pick the next person to get a shot at the ECW World heavyweight Title! If there is a tie then each person gets to pick someone from the roster.

Guest UgandanGiant

Adam Copeland vs. Sabu

Canadian Destroyers (Christian Cage/Carl Ouelette) vs. Young Knights (Ron Killings/Chris Chetti)

Killings over Oulette

Douglas over Rebel McKean

Guest Da-One-Da-Franchise

Adam Copeland vs. Sabu

Carl over Chetti

Douglas over McKean

Edited by Da-One-Da-Franchise

Adam Copeland vs. Sabu

(Carl over Killings)

Shane over Drake

awesome diary BTW I'll be reading, and also, could you send me your data file? I'd love to play this

I can't send the data file, because I have a hotmail address and they limit how much you can send as an attachment. The next update will probably be somtime around Sunday so keep predicting. BTW nobody has guessed them all correct, in fact first place only has 3 points including the bonus points, so it is still anybody's game.

Edited by efwa4life

Hardcore Heaven

October 22, 1994 – Paul Heyman gathers all the wrestlers around once again to hype them up for the second show in the history of Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Heyman: Guys listen up. Just because Showtime never sent a response back doesn’t mean we can’t get this thing going. We’re sending tonight’s tape out to the Philadelphia Sports Channel.

~ Heyman knocks on the wood railing of the steps he is standing on.

Heyman: Hopefully, they will agree that more people need see you guys do what you do and what you have done your whole careers. If you guys deliver the show I know you can, this place will blow up. This whole thing is built on your backs and as long as you guys deliver, we can only go up and the sky is the limit! Let’s get out there and break the glass ceiling, guys!!

~ Before the show we paid to get our logo printed on the mat in the ring. 506 people are in the stands to see Hardcore Heaven!

The show begins with Joey Styles walking out towards the ring. He has microphone in his hand and is wearing the same brown suit. He gets in the ring.

Styles: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome again to Extreme Championship Wrrrrrrrrestling!!

~ Crowd pops huge!

Styles: Welcome to Hardcore Heaven!

~ Crowd pops again, but “Are You Gonna Go My Way?” by Lenny Kravitz starts to play as Shane Douglas walks out from the back. He has on blue jeans and the brand new ECW t-shirt user posted image available at the ECW gift stand located right outside the main entrance after the show. Douglas has the ECW World Heavyweight Title around his waist as he climbs in the ring to a chorus of boos from the audience. Douglas takes the microphone away from Joey Styles.

Douglas: If these stupid fans can shut up long enough, I will tell everybody why I’m out here!

~ The fans boo again.

Douglas: I am here to let that son of a bitch DC Drake know that he will never, NEVER, be ECW Champion as long as the Franchise Shane Douglas is here!

~ Fans boo some more.

Douglas: That’s right, I am the Franchise. I am the foundation on which this company was built on. I am the ECW champion, Shane Douglas!

~ More boos are heard.

Overall: 73

~ “TNT” by AC/DC is heard as Paul Heyman walks out to a raucous ovation from the fans. He gets in the ring and takes the microphone away from Shane Douglas.

Heyman: You know, Shane, I think these fans have heard enough out of you.

~ Crowd cheers again.

Heyman: If you think last months three way dance was a hard match listen to this. Tonight’s main event will be you, ECW World Champion…

~ Douglas mouths the word “Franchise” as Heyman continues on.

Heyman: …Shane Douglas, versus DC Drake, versus 2 Cold Scorpio, VERSUS Rebel McKean!!

~ Douglas has a smug look on his face as Heyman looks at him in the ring. Styles is cowering in the corner trying to stay out of the way.

Overall: 91

~Douglas takes the microphone back from Paul Heyman.

Douglas: Heyman, I knew you were going to try some shit like that. See, I’ve hired someone to help me find out what you are going to do, before you even know what you are going to do. See Heyman, the person I hired knows you very well. The person I hired knows you better than you know yourself. The person I hired let me know that you planned this match beforehand. The person I hired is your ex-secretary Vicky Carvill!!

~ The debuting Vicky Carvill walks out from the back as “Heart-Shaped Box” by Nirvana plays. Carvill is wearing a short dress with a small spaghetti straps that connect behind her neck. She saunters her way to the ring before posing with Franchise.

Overall: 87

~ Douglas and Carvill leave the ring together as Heyman takes his seat at ringside.

Adam Copeland vs. Sabu

Styles: Now coming to the ring from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Adam Copeland!!

~ Copeland walks out from the back as “Purple Haze” by Jimi Hendrix plays. Copeland has on purple trunks with purple boots.

Styles: His opponent, from Bombay, India. Sabu!!

~Sabu makes his way to the ring while “Jaws Theme” by John Williams plays. The referee for this match is Mikey Tenderfoot. Tenderfoot calls for the bell and Sabu spears Copeland down in the corner. Sabu starts to wail away on him until Tenderfoot pulls Sabu off him. Sabu pushes Tenderfoot away and starts to kick at Copeland. Adam Copeland rolls out of the ring. Sabu goes to the apron and tries an Asai moonsault, but Copeland moves out of the way and Sabu crash lands on the floor of the ECW Arena. Copeland picks Sabu up and throws him into the security railing. Copeland follows it up by suplexing Sabu stomach first onto the guardrail. Sabu falls into the audience after a dropkick to the face from Copeland. Copeland grabs a cup of beer from a member of the audience and hits Sabu in the head with it. Beer goes flying all over the place as the fans cheer. Sabu punches Copeland in the face. Sabu jumps on the guardrail and hits Copeland with a leg lariat to the chest. Sabu looks under the ring and grabs a chair. Sabu tries to swing it at Copeland but Mikey Tenderfoot grabs it away from him. Sabu starts to argue with Tenderfoot as Copeland hits Sabu from behind with a forarm. Copeland slides Sabu back into the ring. Copeland gets to the apron and climbs to the top rope. Copeland dives off and hits Sabu with a missle dropkick. He goes for the pin and Tenderfoot counts to three quickly.

Winner: Adam Copeland

M: 77

C: 36

O: 50

~ Sabu starts to attack Mickey Tenderfoot. He throws Tenderfoot out of the ring and then is pulled away by Adam Copeland. Sabu leaves the ring area looking angry as Copeland helps Tenderfoot to the back.

~ “Magic Carpet Ride” by Steppenwolf starts up as Jinsei Shinzaki makes his way to the ring. Shinzaki is wearing white trunks with white boots and has Japanese characters all over his upper body.

Styles: From Yokohama, Japan, Jinsei Shinzaki!

~ “Bad To The Bone” by George Thorogood blares through the arena as Matt Hardy makes his way to the ring. Hardy is wearing blue trunks with gray stars all over them and black boots with a star on the side of each one.

Styles: His opponent, from Charlotte, North Carolina, Matt Hardy!

~ Referee for this match up is Ron West. West calls for the bell. Hardy and Shinzaki lock up in the middle of the ring. Hardy pushes Shinzaki back into a corner. Hardy starts to chop away at Shinzaki, until Shinzaki grabs Hardy and throws him in the corner to return the favor. Shinzaki then whips hardy into the other corner and follows him in. Hardy grabs on to the top rope and jumps over the charging Shinzaki, as Shinzaki turns around Hardy punches him in the face. Shinzaki goes back to the corner and Matt Hardy climbs and starts to punch at Shinzaki as the audience counts along. Hardy jumps down and plays to the audience. Hardy charges back at Shinzaki, but Shinzaki back drops him over the top rope to the floor. Shinzaki climbs to the top rope and hits a plancha on Hardy on the arena floor! Shinzaki goes to pick Hardy up but Hardy uppercuts him in the groin. Shinzaki goes down and Hardy starts to grab a chair from under the ring. Hardy starts to hit Shinzaki in the ribs with the chair. Hardy plays to the audience again. Shinzaki gets up and dropkicks the chair into the face of Matt Hardy. Shinzaki throws Hardy back in the ring and follows him in. Shinzaki picks him up and hits him with a piledriver. Shinzaki sets him up for the Goku-Raku Gatame (A cross-arm camel clutch). He puts it on and Matt Hardy has no choice but to submit.

Winner: Jinsei Shinzaki

M: 81

C: 38

O: 53

~ Shinzaki plays to the crowd a little before heading to the back. Hardy gets up holding his shoulder and slowly makes his way to the back.

~ “Poundcake” by Van Halen starts up as Shane Helms walks out from the back.

Styles: From Charlotte, North Carolina, one half of the ECW Tag Team Champions, Shane Helms!

~ Helms get in the ring and “Big Balls” by AC/DC starts up as The Spoiler makes his way to the ring.

Styles: His opponent, from Parts Unknown, The Spoiler!

~ Spoiler is wearing a red singlet, black boots, and a gold mask with a black eagle printed on the front of it. Spoiler climbs in the ring. The referee for this match is Ron West. West calls for the bell and the two men lock up in the middle of the ring. Spoiler knees Helms in the midsection immediately. Spoiler throws him into the corner and sets him up in the tree of woe and runs in and knees him in the chest. Spoiler keeps Helms hanging and kicks him in the chest repeatedly. Ron West pulls The Spoiler away so he can unhook the legs of Shane Helms. As Helms falls to the mat Spoiler kicks at him until he is able to roll out of the ring. Spoiler follows Helms out of the ring and throws him into the security railing back first. Spoiler looks under the ring and pulls out an aluminum trash can and bashes it over the head of Helms. Helms wobbles around as Spoiler hits him again denting the can further. Helms goes down. Spoiler throws the can into the ring and helps Helms up just so he can throw him back in the ring. Spoiler grabs Helms and throws him into the corner again. Spoiler charges in and clotheslines him in the corner. As Helms stumbles, Spoiler grabs him and DDTs him onto the trash can. Spoiler then puts Helms in the Clawhold. Helms submits to the hold.

Winner: The Spoiler

M: 49

C: 51

O: 45

~ After Helms submits Spoiler continues applying the Clawhold. Ron West pulls Spoiler away and The Spoiler starts to kick at Helms while he is down. West finally gets The Spoiler to leave and then helps Helms to the back.

~ “Poundcake” by Van Halen starts up.

Styles: Now coming to the ring, from Battle Creek, Michigan, one half of the ECW World Tag Team Champions…

~ Rob Van Dam slides in the ring and does his thumb points to his name and follows it up with the spinning kick.

Styles: Rob Van Dam!

~ “Back in Black” by AC/DC starts up as Invader 1 walks out from the back.

Styles: His opponent, from Pensacola, Florida, Invader Number One!

~ Invader 1 is wearing a black singlet with black boots. The referee for this match is Alfred Neeley. After the bell rings Invader 1 charges RVD and hits him from behind and clubs him to the mat with forearm shots. With Van Dam down, Invader starts to kick at him until Van Dam is able to roll out of the ring. Invader chases Van Dam out of the ring, but Van Dam superkicks Invader 1 out of nowhere. RVD picks Invader 1 up and dumps him over the security railing amongst the audience. He motions for the audience to get out of the way. Van Dam jumps onto the guardrail and then leg drops Invader 1 on the floor on the audience side of the railing. RVD makes some people move out of their chairs and lays Invader 1 across a few of the chairs in the front row. Van Dam climbs back over the railing and into the ring. He climbs to the top rope and does the finger taunt again. He jumps from the top rope, does a somersault, and lands over the railing on Invader 1 knocking about four chairs down in the process. About a quarter of the audience starts to chant “Holy shit! Holy shit!” After a minute Van Dam gets back up and grabs Invader and throws him back over the railing. Van Dam jumps back on the guardrail but Invader 1 kicks at it and Van Dam crotches himself on the railing. Invader 1 grabs Van Dam and throws him back into the ring. Invader 1 follows him back in. Van Dam is still holding his crotch area as Invader 1 grabs him and hits the DDT! Neeley counts to three and it is over.

Winner: Invader 1

M: 61

C: 52

~ Invader 1 taunts the crowd as he exits the ring and RVD slowly and gingerly walks to the back.

Styles: The following will be a number one contender’s match for the ECW Tag Team Titles.

~ “Rock And Roll All Nite” by Kiss plays as from the back come Christian Cage and Carl Oulette. Oulette is wearing blue trunks with blue boots.

Styles: Now coming to the ring, Canadian Destroyers!

~ “Sad But True” by Metallica begins as Ron Killings and Chris Chetti walk out to the ring.

Styles: And there opponents, Young Knights!

~ The referee for this match is Alfred Neeley. After the bell Killings stays in the ring against Christian Cage. They tie up and Killings pushes him into a neutral corner. Killings hits him with a European uppercut. Killings whips Cage to the other corner but Cage reverses it and Killings goes to the other corner. Cage charges in and monkey flips Killings to the middle of the ring. Cage starts to climb to the top rope but Chetti shakes the ropes from the apron causing Cage to fall to the canvas. Oulette runs in the ring to try and attack Chetti, but Neeley stops him in the corner and they start to argue. While that is going on Chetti climbs in the ring. Chetti and Killings pick Cage up and hit him with a double team superplex after sitting Cage back up in the corner. Killings goes to the apron and Chetti locks Cage in a reverse chinlock. Neeley finally turns back around. Cage starts to get back to his feet. Cage elbows Chetti in the midsection a couple of times before finally managing to break the hold. Cage runs off the ropes and hits Chetti with a wrap around DDT. Both men are down and Neeley starts the mandatory ten count. When Neeley reaches eight, Cage is able to stumble to the corner and tag in Carl Oulette. Oulette comes in like a house of fire (I always wanted to say that) and punches Ron Killings off the apron. He grabs Chris Chetti and whips him into the ropes and hits him with a big spinebuster and flips over for the pin. Neeley counts to two before Killings hits Oulette in the back with an elbow drop from the top rope. Cage comes in and dropkicks Killings out of the ring. Killings is on the floor as Cage does a suicide dive and knocks Killings and himself into the security railing. While that is happening Oulette picks Chetti back up and suplexes him in the middle of the ring. He floats over and goes for the pin, but Chetti kicks out at two. Cage and Killings get back up and Killings kicks Cage in the crotch and knocks him back to the floor. Chetti gets whipped into the ropes by Oulette but he reverses it. As Oulette hits the ropes Killings grabs his foot and causes him to land on his face. Killings drags Oulette to the outside and they start to brawl. Cage gets back to his feet just as Chetti climbs to the top rope and dives off with a plancha that hits all three men. Everybody is down and the chant of “Holy shit! Holy shit!” starts again. Eventually Killings gets back to his feet and grabs Cage and throws him back in the ring. Killings reaches into his tights and pulls out some brass knuckles. As Cage gets back to his feet and turns around Killings nails him in the face with the brass knuckles. Cage goes down and Killings goes for the pin after concealing the brass knuckles back in his tights. Neeley starts the count and Oulette almost breaks it up but is stopped by Chetti grabbing him and hitting him with the Amityville horror on the floor. The match is over.

Winner: Young Knights

M: 70

C: 43

~ Chetti and Killings leave quickly raising their hands in victory. Neeley and Oulette check on Cage before eventually leaving back behind the curtain.

Styles: The following match is for the ECW World Heavyweight Title!

~ “Fight for Your Right” by Beastie Boys plays as Rebel McKean makes his way to the ring.

Styles: From New York, New York, Rebel McKean!

~ After McKean is in the ring “Whoomp! There It Is” by Tag Team starts up as 2 Cold Scopio runs down to the ring.

Styles: Hailing from Atlanta, Georgia, 2 Cold Scorpio!

~ “Fanfare for the Common Man” by Emerson Lake & Palmer begins as DC Drake makes his way to the ring.

Styles: From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, DC Drake!

~ “Are You Gonna Go My Way?” by Lenny Kravitz starts up as Shane Douglas walks out with his new valet Vicky Carvill.

Styles: Their opponent, being accompanied to the ring by Vicky Carvill, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Shane Douglas!

~ Douglas gets in the ring and takes the belt from around his waist and hands it to Vicky Carvill. Carvill exits the ring and stands at ringside with the belt over her shoulder as referee Kenny Jay calls for the bell. DC Drake charges at Shane Douglas and shoves him back in the corner. He climbs and starts to punch him ten times as the crowd counts along. 2 Cold Scorpio grabs Rebel McKean and hits him with a spinning suplex in the center of the ring. Scorpio climbs the ropes and leg drops McKean. Scorpio goes for the pin but Drake breaks up the pinfall attempt after only a one count. McKean rolls out of the ring as Drake and Sorpio begin to brawl. Drake backs Scorpio into a corner and as he prepares to punch him, Shane Douglas hits him from behind and knocks him to the ground. Both Scorpio and Douglas begin to kick away at Drake. While that is going on McKean looks under the ring and starts throwing things into the ring. He throws in a fire extinguisher and a trash can lid, and he slides a table and ladder into the ring. McKean climbs back in the ring and grabs the trash can lid and nails Scorpio in the back of the head with it. Scorpio falls to the arena floor as McKean hits Douglas and knocks him down. McKean throws the trash can lid at Scorpio and picks up the ladder. McKean turns around and Shane Douglas shoots the fire extinguisher in his face. McKean drops the ladder and staggers back to the corner. Douglas sets McKean on the top rope and superplexes him on the ladder in the middle of the ring. Scorpio grabs the table from in the ring and sets it up on the floor next to the ring as DC Drake finally gets back to his feet. Drake grabs the ladder and throws it on Shane Douglas who is still down on the ground. Drake climbs to the top rope and elbow drops the ladder on top of Douglas. Scorpio climbs back in the ring and picks DC Drake up and throws him to the floor. Scorpio trips over Douglas and starts to kick at him. Drake climbs back to the apron. Before he can get in, Scorpio hits him in the midsection with his shoulder and sunset flips over him and powerbombs him from the apron to the floor through the table. The “Holy shit! Holy shit!” chant starts again. While that is going on Douglas hits a Death Valley driver on McKean near the ropes. As Kenny Jay starts the count Vicky Carvill holds down the feet of Rebel McKean. Kenny Jay counts to three. Douglas and Carvill leave quickly as Douglas takes the belt from her and raises it in the air as they walk towards the backstage area. As the three men in the ring try to regain their composure and start to head to the back, the fans start to chant “ECW! ECW! ECW!”

Winner: and still ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas

Match Quality: 60

Crowd Reaction: 62

Overall Rating: 54

Overall Rating: 59

If I was taking this as a literal history lesson about ECW, I would think it was terrible, but since it is your fantasy interpretation (i.e. some of the wrestlers haven't even started to be known or even started in the business by 94 and some of the Japanese promotions didn't come into existence until years later), I'd like to see where you go with it.

October 22, 1994 (Almost October 23, 1994) – Again, we head to the Yucatan after the show. Tonight we have all the writing team in attendance plus, 2 Cold Scorpio, Carl Oulette, DC Drake, Invader 1, The Spoiler (sans mask of course) and Vicky Carvill. Douglas and Carvill were sitting at the bar together so the rest of us let them be as we had our monthly post-show meeting. So the booth had Rob Van Dam with a heavily bandaged knee, Joey Styles, Curtis Iaukea, Jerry Christy, Ray Edwards, and myself huddled around it in the smokey little dive bar.

Heyman: Rob, your knee ok?

Van Dam: Yeah, I just smacked it on one of the chairs when I flipped into the crowd. It’s no big deal.

Edwards: That move was crazy!

Van Dam: I can think of crazier stuff to do…

~ His voice trailed off as he took a sip of his Budweiser.

Iaukea: That tag match was pretty good, huh?

Styles: Our tag division is getting better everyday.

Iaukea: Cage and Oulette both have styles that blend together great.

Heyman: All I know is that the fans like to chant a lot.

Edwards: Yeah, but what else were you thinking after Scorpio powerbombed Drake through the table besides, Holy shit!?

Styles: I was thinking, “Oh my Gawd!”

~ The table laughs as Joey overemphasizes the word “Gawd”

~ October 23, 1994 – I got the tape of Hardcore Heaven from Bobby Lee today and shipped it on to the Philadelphia Sports Channel. I had him cut out the part where Shane Douglas used profane language, just in case that would sway them one way or the other. Now all we had to do was wait to see what we hear back. (Crosses fingers)

October 24, 1994 - Jack Brinkman, Glen Ruth, and Antonio Plague have all agreed to open contracts with CSTATE!

~ October 29, 1994 – We got a letter back from the Philadelphia Sports Channel and they have a spot open they want us to have. It is Wednesday nights at 9:00 p.m. We accept of course and our first show will air on November 2, 1994! The show is entitled Extreme TV and will be hosted every week by the incomparable Joey Styles!

October 30, 1994 - Dusty Rhodes has retired from WWF after beating Paul Orndorf in his last match at The Wrestling Classic! CWF have fallen to Cult level and released Mr. T and fired Gran Markus Jr.!

October 31, 1994 - The following birthdays occurred this month: Adam Copeland (20), 2 Cold Scorpio (27), Alex York (28), Invader 1 (37)

November 01, 1994 - Scott Hall has announced he will retire in one month from LATMF after his match on November 27, CWF after his match on November 20, and DAVE after his match on November 13. Rambo has retired! Bill Mulkey has retired! Silver King has announced he will retire at the end of the month. CWF have a new TV show airing Mondays on TNN at 11:00p.m.! Championship Wrestling from Florida on The Nashville Network? :shifty:

November 02, 1994 - The Great Muta has agreed to an open contract with AWA and has thus left ECW, since AWA is bigger and they are paying him more money! WWF have signed Rick Martel to a written contract!

Now we begin a new era in ECW, the era of television. Extreme TV tonight at 9:00! Be there!

Extreme TV

November 02, 1994 – The show opens with a video package of the past two months of action in ECW while some generic metal rock music plays. Clips include, Sabu hitting Billy Kidman with the Arabian Facebuster. RVD and Shane Helms hitting Chris Chetti with a frog splash and leg drop and 2 Cold Scorpio hitting the 450 splash on Shane Douglas through the table from the Beginning of the Extreme show. Also, RVD jumping over the guardrail onto Invader 1 and 2 Cold Scorpio powerbombing DC Drake off the apron through a table are shown from the Hardcore Heaven show. The video ends with a shot of Shane Douglas and Vicky Carvill posing in the ring together with the ECW World Title around the waist of Douglas. The opening fades to Joey Styles standing in front of a large ECW banner.

Styles: Welcome to Extreme TV. I am Joey Styles. Tonight we have an action packed card for you here on Extreme Championship Wrrrrrrrrrrestling!! Tonight we have…

~ Paul Heyman walks into the screen as Joey Styles looks on. Heyman takes the microphone away from Joey Styles.

Heyman: I just came out here to announce the main event for tonight’s show. We will have a match between Rebel McKean and 2 Cold Scorpio and the winner gets a shot at Shane Douglas at November to Remember on November 26 for the ECW World Heavyweight Title!

~ The shot fades to commercials.

Overall: 92

Billy Kidman vs. Ron Killings

~ As the wrestlers walk to the ring there is a cheap graphic with their name that pops up on the bottom of the screen. The referee for this match is Ron West. West calls for the bell and Killings and Kidman lock up in the middle of the ring.

Styles: Here we have a match between two up and comers here in ECW Billy Kidman and Ron Killings. Ron Killings, of course, is half of the tag team Young Knights with Chris Chetti, who are the number one contender’s for the ECW Tag Team Titles. Also, as you heard, we have a number one contenders match tonight between Rebel McKean and Two Cold Scorpio.

~ Killings backs Kidman into the corner and lights him up with some chops. Killings whips Kidman into the opposite corner and he does the Ric Flair patented flip over the corner and run down the apron to the other corner. Killings stops him before he gets to the other corner and dropkicks him to the floor.

Styles: Only in ECW can you see action like this.

~ As Kidman gets back to his feet, Killings planchas over the top rope onto Kidman on the floor of the ECW Arena. Killings picks up Kidman and slams his face into the ring apron. Killings looks under the ring and pulls out a trash can. He bashes it over the head of Kidman.

Styles: Ron Killings is taking out the trash here on Extreme TV!

~ Kidman stumbles around and when Killings goes to hit him again, Kidman dropkicks the can into the face of Killings. Kidman throws Killings back in the ring and gets up to the apron. Kidman springboards to the top rope and tries the shooting star press but Killings moves out of the way. Both men get back up and Killings nails Kidman with the Amityville Horror.

Styles: The Amityville Horror! He nails it!

~ Ron West counts to three.

Winner: Ron Killings

Match Rating: 77

Crowd Rating: 41

Overall Rating: 59

~ After the match Killings starts to kick at Kidman who is down and out on the canvas. Eventually Killings heads to the back as we take another commercial break.

~ Commercial break including a spot promoting November to Remember at the ECW Arena on November 26.

~ As we come back we see Team Extreme standing in front of the ECW banner. The microphone is being held by somebody just off camera where all you can see is a hand holding it. Team Extreme have the ECW World Tag Team Titles around their waists.

Van Dam: You know man; they got us fighting Young Knights at November to Remember?

Helms: Yeah, what is up with that?

Van Dam: I dunno, dude. But we already beat ‘em once.

Helms: Straight up dawg.

~ Rob Van Dam looks at Helms a little awkwardly before continuing.

Van Dam: All I know is that we are the best ECW Tag Team Champions ever.

Helms: Dude, we’re the only, ECW Tag Team Champions.

Van Dam: Duh!

Overall: 58

~ The scene fades into the next match.

Carl Oulette vs. The Spoiler

~ The referee for this match is Ron West. West calls for the bell and the two men lock up in the middle of the ring.

Styles: The Spoiler is a former AWA World Champion trying to regain a belt here in ECW going up against Carl Oulette half of the Canadian Destroyers tag team.

~ Oulette gets backed into a corner as Spoiler starts to kick him in the midsection repeatedly. Spoiler whips Oulette into the other corner, but Oulette reverses it. Spoiler hits in the corner and Oulette charges in and hits him with a clothesline. Spoiler falls out of the corner and Oulette helps him back to his feet. Oulette whips The Spoiler into the ropes. Oulette ducks and Spoiler kicks him in the face, standing Oulette up allowing The Spoiler to clothesline Oulette to the mat.

Styles: Oulette just let The Spoiler use his experience to his advantage there.

~ The Spoiler goes for the pin, but Oulette kicks out after two. Spoiler picks Oulette up and tries to whip him into the corner but Oulette reverses it again. Spoiler hits the corner and Oulette sets him on the top rope. Oulette hits The Spoiler with a belly to belly overhead superplex. Oulette climbs back to the top rope and tries to hit The Spoiler with the Cannonball, but he moves out of the way (only partially because Oulette lands on Spoiler’s lower leg area). A couple of people start to chant “You fucked up!”

Styles: Wow! Oulette tries for his finished there and The Spoiler is barely able to get out of the way.

~ Spoiler rolls over and chop blocks out the knee of Carl Oulette. Oulette falls down and Spoiler puts him in the Clawhold until Oulette submits.

Styles: The Spoiler forces a submission from Carl Oulette, but it looks like he may be a little worse for the wear.

Winner: The Spoiler

Match Rating: 44

Crowd Rating: 50

Overall Rating: 48

~ The Spoiler is still in the ring after Oulette leaves and Ron West motions for help from the back. From the back come Bill Blassie (Our house medic), Curtis Iaukea, and Herb Freeman. They manage to help The Spoiler to the back without further harming his leg. As they head to the back we fade to another commercial break.

~ As we come back DC Drake is seen standing in front of the ECW Banner.

Drake: You know, Shane Douglas? You may have beaten me before but it won’t happen again. You want to go and hire somebody that will help you cheat in your matches? You want to hire some woman to do your bidding? Well, I’ve hired somebody too Douglas. I hired somebody that will keep your (bleep) off my back. I hired Alex York…

~ Alex York walks on screen and stands next to DC Drake as he continues to talk. York is wearing a black top that shows off her midriff as well as her cleavage with a black mini skirt.

Drake: to make sure that the next time we meet, it will be fair. And in a fair fight, I will kick your ass!

York: That’s right, Shane Douglas. DC Drake is a bigger man than you…in more ways than one.

~ Alex York grins devilishly as we fade to the start of the next match.

Overall: 60

DC Drake vs. Jimmy Garvin

~ Referee for this match is Alfred Neeley. After the bell Garvin charges in at DC Drake and knocks him down with a forearm to the back.

Styles: Wow, after that announcement, we know where DC Drake stands, at least in the eyes of Alex York. Anyway, he is doing battle here with one half of the Fabulous Freebirds, “Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin.

~ Garvin starts to kick away at DC Drake for a while. Garvin then picks Drake up and tries to whip him into the opposite corner but Drake reverses it. Drake follows him in and hits him with a big splash. Garvin stumbles out of the corner and falls on his face. Drake picks Garvin up and body slams him back down. Drake climbs to the top rope and nails a big elbow drop right in the chest of Jimmy Garvin. Drake goes for the pin but only gets a two count before Jimmy Garvin kicks out.

Styles: There’s the three count, NO!!! Garvin kicks out at two and a half!

~ Drake picks Garvin up and hits him with the belly to belly suplex into a pin. Alfred Neeley counts to three.

Styles: Drake nails him with his belly to belly suplex and it is over, here at the ECW Arena.

Winner: DC Drake

Match Rating: 34

Crowd Rating: 51

Overall Rating: 45

~ Alex York climbs up into the ring and raises DC Drake’s hand in the air as we fade to another commercial break.

~ When we come back Moondog Spot is standing in front of the ECW Banner with the big bone in his mouth and a new person standing next to him. The new person is Douglas Captain. He is wearing a black suit, black shirt and white tie.

Captain: Some of you may not know who I am. I am Douglas Captain. I have acquired the services of two wrestlers in ECW. One of my new clients here is Mr. Spot. Mr. Spot would like to make an open offer to the ECW roster. Anybody who is willing to face my client at November to Remember in a falls count anywhere match, just needs to come out next week and accept the challenge.

~ Moondog Spot grunts and moans around before walking off camera.

Captain: My other client, a Mr. Sabu, wants to wrestle Mickey Tenderfoot at November to Remember. So Tenderfoot if you got the nuts, we got the stuff, ba-bay.

~ The camera fades to the next match.

Overall: 70

Blue Panther vs. Shane Douglas

~ Alfred Neeley is referee for this match. The bell rings and Douglas and Panther tie up in the middle of the ring.

Styles: This is a non-title match here on Extreme TV as Shane Douglas is the ECW World Champion. And Blue Panther needs to keep his eye on Vicky Carvill out there.

~ Blue Panther goes behind Douglas. Douglas elbows him in the head and goes behind Panther. Douglas german suplexes Panther over and bridges for the pin attempt. Neeley counts to two before Blue Panther kicks out and turns it into his own pin attempt. Another two count as Douglas kicks out and then ties Panther up in a small package. Two count. Panther rolls it over into a pin attempt of his own. Another two count. Douglas kicks out and grabs Blue Panther’s legs and takes him down and flips over to go for another pin. After the two count Panther bridges out and turns it into a back slide. Douglas kicks out after two and the fans cheer as the two men stare at each other.

Styles: Fast paced action like this is only available in Extreme Championship Wrestling!

~ The two men lock up again and this time Douglas knees him in the midsection. Douglas sets Blue Panther up with a big delay hanging brainbuster. Douglas picks him back up and throws him back into the corner. Douglas climbs and starts to punch him while the crowd counts along.

Styles: As always the fans in ECW are part of the show.

~ Blue Panther turns it around by picking Douglas up and hitting an inverted atomic drop. Douglas goes down holding his crotch as the camera shows Vicky Carvill looking on with great concern on her face.

Styles: Looks like she just lost her evening with the Champ.

~ Blue Panther grabs the legs of Shane Douglas and applies the figure four leglock. Douglas cries out in pain as he tries to roll over to reverse the hold. Eventually Douglas rolls over and Blue Panther breaks the hold. Douglas is holding on to his knee as Blue Panther comes over and helps him up. Panther hoists Douglas up and drops him with a brainbuster. Blue Panther goes for the pin. Shane Douglas kicks out at two.

Styles: Blue Panther almost got a victory over the ECW Champion right there.

~ Blue Panther whips Douglas into the ropes but he reverses it. As Blue Panther hits the ropes Vicky Carvill hits him in the back with a steel folding chair.

Styles: That little (bleep) got involved in a match again!

~ Panther hits the ground holding his head. Douglas picks him up and nails him with the Pittsburgh Plunge. Douglas goes for the pin and gets the three count.

Winner: Shane Douglas

Match Rating: 66

Crowd Rating: 60

Overall Rating: 63

~ After the match Douglas and Carvill pose with the ECW World Heavyweight Title before fading to commercials.

~ When we come back we see Invader 1 standing in front of the ECW Banner.

Invader: Yo, I’m out here to send a message to DC Drake. Hermano, I say it be you and me at November to Remember, holmes. I’m sick of you keep getting Title shots when you haven’t proved yourself to be nobody in ECW, gee. I say, winner of our match gets a shot at the ECW Champion at Holiday Hell in December. What you think about that, chico?

~ We fade into to the main event.

Overall: 65

Rebel McKean vs. 2 Cold Scorpio

~ Referee for this match is Kenny Jay. After the bell the two men lock up in the middle of the ring.

Styles: Finally, our first main event on Extreme TV. Winner of this match faces Shane Douglas for the ECW Title at November to Remember.

~ McKean tries to hip toss Scorpio but he does a complete flip and lands back on his feet. Scorpio follows it up with a superkick knocking Rebel McKean down. With McKean down Scorpio hits him with a standing somersault leg drop.

Styles: Oh my GAWD! A standing somersault leg drop from 2 Cold Scorpio!

~ Scorpio goes for the pin but McKean kicks out at two. Scorpio picks him up but McKean hooks him in a small package and gets another two count. McKean hooks Scorpio up with a suplex turned into a body slam. McKean climbs to the top rope but Scorpio pushes Kenny Jay into the ropes causing McKean to fall from the top rope landing on his crotch. Scorpio climbs to the top rope and hits McKean with a superfrankensteiner.

Styles: A superfrankensteiner!! Oh my GAWD!

~ Scorpio slides out of the ring and looks under it for some weapons, finding the dreaded cookie sheet of doom! Scorpio slides back in the ring and McKean is just getting to his feet as Scorpio nails him in the head with the cookie sheet. Scorpio sets the cookie sheet over the face of McKean and starts to climb to the top rope.

Styles: Who puts those things under there?

~ As he gets there, McKean throws the cookie sheet at Scorpio. It hits Scorpio in the shoulder and he falls from the top rope to the arena floor. McKean leaves the ring and grabs Scorpio and rams his face into the apron before throwing him back in the ring. McKean climbs back in and hits Scorpio with a big gutwrench suplex. With Scorpio down McKean applies his Fujiwara Armbar! Scorpio taps out.

Styles: McKean is the new number one contender for the ECW Title!!

Winner: and number one contender Rebel McKean!

Match Rating: 56

Crowd Rating: 60

Overall Rating: 58

~ After Rebel McKean goes to each corner in unison raising his hands to the crowd we fade back to the ECW Banner where Shane Douglas and Vicky Carvill looking off camera as if they were watching the previous match. Carvill has the ECW World Heavyweight Title over her shoulder.

Douglas: So I have to fight Rebel McKean at November to Remember. And I have to put my ECW World Heavyweight Title on the line? There is no way you will leave November to Remember with my ECW World Heavyweight Title. I can guarantee it. I can guarantee it, because I am the Franchise, Shane Douglas!

~ The camera zooms in on the ECW World Title as we fade to commercials.

Overall: 76

Show’s Overall Rating: 64

~ November 03, 1994 – We scheduled our second real meeting, in the office area of my home. Shane Douglas was the last to arrive about twenty-five minutes late. Douglas walks in the room as Rob Van Dam, Joey Styles, Ray Edwards, Curtis Iaukea, Jerry Christy, and myself are already sitting around the table and were awaiting his arrival. Douglas takes a seat across the table from me.

Heyman: Nice of you to join us, Shane.

Douglas: Thanks. What were we talking about?

Van Dam: We were talking about what was taking you so long.

Douglas: I had some things to do and lost track of time.

Heyman: Alright, let’s get this thing started. We got a few of our feuds started up, what do you guys think?

Edwards: What are we going to do about The Spoiler?

Heyman: Well he got x-rays done last night and they won’t be back until the fifth.

Christy: Well, I don’t think it was good, I would plan on him being out for a while.

Heyman: Yeah, I’m thinking the same thing, but we have to be positive.

Van Dam: I have an idea for November to Remember.

Heyman: Go on.

Van Dam: How about me and Helms against Ron and Chris in a ladder match? We could do some crazy stuff with the ladder.

Heyman: That sounds perfect! We’ll announce it next Wednesday.

Iaukea: I just got the ratings report for the show before I got here. We got a one point two seven rating for 'Extreme TV'! We should be getting somewhere closer to a two point ‘o’.

Heyman: Maybe it’ll take a couple of weeks to build up our fan base. I wouldn’t worry about it yet.

~ The meeting continues on about our storylines and so on.

November 05, 1994 – I was sitting at home going over some of the paperwork when my phone started to ring. I picked it up.

Heyman: Hello?

Phone: It’s Spoiler, Paul

Heyman: Hey. Did you get your x-rays back?

Spoiler: Yeah, that is why I called you. They said its broken.

Heyman: Damn!

Spoiler: Yeah, I’m gonna be out for at least six months.

Heyman: Well, whenever you get back you already have a built in feud with Oulette.

Spoiler: Yeah, but I have nothing to do until then.

Heyman: I’ll let you help on the TV show while your out.

Spoiler: What can I do?

Heyman: You can help the guys with their interviews and matches and what not. You have the experience that our guys can benefit from.

Spoiler: Alright. I can do that.

~ We wind up the conversation and hang up the phone.

November 07, 1994 – ECW has an announcement to make. ECW has signed a huge former WWF superstar to a written contract. He will make his debut at November to Remember on November 26!

November 09, 1994 – The second episode of Extreme TV is set to air tonight, be sure to tune in. Philadelphia Sports Channel, 9:00 p.m.

Extreme TV

~ November 9, 1994 – The show opens with a video package of the past two months of action in ECW while some generic metal rock music plays. Clips include, Sabu hitting Billy Kidman with the Arabian Facebuster. RVD and Shane Helms hitting Chris Chetti with a frog splash and leg drop and 2 Cold Scorpio hitting the 450 splash on Shane Douglas through the table from the Beginning of the Extreme show. Also, RVD jumping over the guardrail onto Invader 1 and 2 Cold Scorpio powerbombing DC Drake off the apron through a table are shown from the Hardcore Heaven show. The video ends with a shot of Shane Douglas and Vicky Carvill posing in the ring together with the ECW World Title around the waist of Douglas. The opening fades to Joey Styles standing in front of a large ECW banner.

Styles: Welcome to Extreme TV. I am Joey Styles here on Extreme Championship Wrrrrrrrrrrestling!! Tonight we have…

~ Some noises are heard off camera and Joey Styles listens intently.

Styles: Ok. I am being told that we have a special video that is to be shown before we actually start the show.

~ We fade to a video package that begins with a black background and red letters that read “Larger than Wrestlemania, Larger than life. Coming to ECW November 26.” We fade back to Joey Styles who has a dumbfounded look on his face.

Styles: Well, fans if you want to find out what that was all about, you have to be at the ECW Arena for November to Remember on November 26.

Overall: 47

~ Rebel McKean walks in the shot and uses a hand gesture to ask for the microphone. Styles hands the microphone over.

McKean: Last week I won a shot at the ECW World Title against Shane Douglas at November to Remember. And I see that ever since he got that whore working for him, he uses her to win all his matches. There ain’t no way in hell I’m gonna let something like that happen during my shot at the ECW Title. So Heyman, I’m out here to ask, no DEMAND, that our match at November to Remember be a steel cage match!

Overall: 65

~ We fade to commercials, including one for November to Remember including a list of matches announced (DC Drake vs. Invader 1, ECW World Tag Team Title match Team Extreme vs. Young Knights, and ECW World Title match Rebel McKean vs. Shane Douglas).

~ We fade back for our first match.

Billy Kidman vs. Invader 1

~ Referee for this match is Ron West. The match starts with both men locking up in the middle of the ring.

Styles: I’ve just been given word that another match has been added to November to Remember. DC Drake will take on Invader 1 in a number one contender’s match.

~ Invader 1 slaps Billy Kidman in a headlock. Kidman throws Invader into the ropes. Invader comes back and hits Kidman with a shoulder tackle. Kidman goes down. Invader 1 runs off the ropes and jumps over Kidman who then gets up and jumps over Invader as he comes back off the ropes. Kidman hits a frankensteiner on Invader 1 as he bounces back off the ropes. With Invader down, Kidman climbs to the top rope. He attempts the shooting star press but Invader 1 move out of the way just in the nick of time.

Styles: Oh, Billy Kidman just landed on his face after trying that shooting star press!

~ Invader 1 takes the opportunity and pulls Billy Kidman back to his feet. Invader 1 then nails him with the DDT and follows it up with a pin. Ron West counts to three and the match is over.

Styles: There is that DDT from Invader 1 to end the match. Will he be able to hit DC Drake with the DDT at November to Remember?

Winner: Invader 1

Match Rating: 57

Crowd Rating: 43

Overall Rating: 50

~ We fade to commercials.

~ We fade back to our next match.

Blue Panther vs. Ron Killings

~ Referee for this match is Ron West. Blue Panther and Ron Killings tie up in the middle of the ring. Blue Panther grabs him in a front face lock, but Killings reverses it with a northern lights suplex. Killings bridges for the pin, Panther kicks out after two.

Styles: Ron Killings going for the quick victory here on Extreme TV.

~ Killings picks Panther up and whips him into the corner. Panther hits and then gets hit with a clothesline in the corner. Panther stumbles out of the corner and Killings starts to climb to the top rope. As Blue Panther stands up and turns around Killings hits him with a flying cross body. Killings goes for the pin, Blue Panther kicks out again.

Styles: Wow, Killings has been completely on the offense in this match up so far. Blue Panther better watch out.

~ Killings picks Blue Panther back up again and whips him into the ropes, as he comes back, Killings ducks for the back body drop to early and Blue Panther drops to his knees and punches him in the face. Killings takes a few steps backwards holding onto his jaw. Blue Panther follows it up with a dropkick knocking Killings back into the corner. Panther climbs and starts to punch away at Killings as the audience counts along.

Styles: As always audience participation is mandatory at an ECW event.

~ Panther jumps down and as Killings stumbles out of the corner, Blue Panther grabs him in a double underhook backbreaker submission hold. Killings has no choice but to submit.

Styles: Blue Panther calls that move the quebradora lagunera. I don’t know what it means, but he used it very effectively right there.

Winner: Blue Panther

Match Rating: 58

Crowd Rating: 48

Overall Rating: 53

~ As everybody leaves the ring, the participants for the next match make their way to the ring.

Rebel McKean vs. Jimmy Garvin

~ The referee for this match is Alfred Neeley. Once both men are in the ring, Neeley calls for the bell and the two men lock up. Garvin puts McKean in a headlock. McKean picks Garvin up and slams him down with a belly to back suplex.

Styles: Breaking news is coming into the ECW Arena. After this match we will hear from Paul Heyman about the request Rebel McKean made earlier in the show.

~ McKean hooks the leg of Jimmy Garvin. He kicks out after two. McKean picks Garvin up and turns a suplex into a body slam. McKean picks Garvin back up and hits a long delay brainbuster with a floatover for the pin. Garvin kicks out again. McKean picks him up and whips him into the ropes. As Garvin comes back he shoulder tackles McKean to the mat. Garvin drops an elbow on McKean. Garvin goes for the pin but McKean kicks out after two.

Styles: Very quickly the tables can turn in the sport of professional wrestling.

~ Garvin picks McKean up by the hair and slams his down with a body slam. Garvin bounces off the ropes and nails McKean with a running knee drop to the face. Garvin goes for another pin attempt, but McKean kicks out after two once again. Garvin picks McKean back up and hits him with an elbow to the top of the head. Garvin tries to hit McKean again, but McKean picks him up and hits a body slam. With Garvin down, McKean takes the opportunity to apply the fujiwara armbar. Garvin taps out.

Styles: Another victory for Rebel McKean. Garvin has had troubles with that arm and shoulder area in the past, so it’s amazing he lasted in that fujiwara armbar that long.

Winner: Rebel McKean

Match Rating: 42

Crowd Rating: 56

Overall Rating: 51

~ As Rebel McKean raises his arms in the air we fade back to the ECW Banner where Paul Heyman is standing in front of it with a microphone in his hand.

Heyman: Rebel McKean, you wanna come out here and demand things for me? I’m your boss! Keep that in mind. Having said that, I agree with you one hundred percent. Vicky Carvill has been getting too involved in Shane Douglas’ matches. At November to Remember, there will be an ECW World Heavyweight Title Match between Rebel McKean and Shane Douglas inside a steel cage! The only way to see it, is to be at the ECW Arena on November 26!

Overall: 94

~ We fade to commercials.

~ We come back with our next match.

Carl Oulette vs. 2 Cold Scorpio

~ Referee for this one is Alfred Neeley. After the bell the two men lock up and Scorpio applies a headlock.

Styles: As you just heard, Rebel McKean will face Shane Douglas in a steel cage match at November to Remember for the ECW World Heavyweight Title!

~ Oulette shoots Scorpio into the ropes and dives on his stomach. Scorpio bounces off the ropes and jumps over Oulette who then gets back to his feet and jumps over Scorpio has he comes back off the ropes. Scorpio comes back and gets hit with an arm drag take down followed up by an armbar.

Styles: Extremely fast paced action you can only see here in ECW!

~ Scorpio starts to get back to his feet and then hits Oulette in the side of the head with a few elbow blows before Oulette finally relinquishes the hold. Scorpio bounces off the ropes and comes back to hit Oulette with a flying forearm that knocks Oulette out of the ring and to the floor of the ECW Arena. Oulette gets back to his feet and turns around just in time to see 2 Cold Scorpio flying over the top rope with a springboard plancha. Both men crash to the floor.

Styles: 2 Cold Scorpio is willing to put his own body and well being on the line to win this match.

~ Scorpio gets back to his feet and looks under the ring pulling out a table. He slides the table into the ring. He then grabs Carl Oulette and slides him back in the ring. Scorpio climbs up the apron and as Oulette gets back to his feet, Scorpio hits Oulette with a springboard spinning heel kick. While Oulette is down Scorpio sets the table up close to a corner of the ring. Scorpio puts Oulette on the table and punches him a couple of times to make sure he stays there.

Styles: Oh no, what is he going to do now?

~ Scorpio climbs to the top rope and comes off with a sky twister press putting Carl Oulette through the table. The fans start to chant “ECW, ECW!”

Styles: OH MY GAWD!! 2 Cold Scorpio just put Carl Oulette through that table!

~ Scorpio drags Oulette into the corner and climbs up again. 2 Cold Scorpio motions to the crowd and comes off the top rope with his 450 splash and goes for the pin. Alfred Neeley counts to three.

Winner: 2 Cold Scorpio

Match Rating: 57

Crowd Rating: 50

Overall Rating: 53

~ We fade to the ECW Banner where referee Mikey Tenderfoot is standing with a microphone in his hand. He has on his refereeing attire.

Tenderfoot: I came out at Beginning of the Extremem trying to do my job and referee a match with Sabu and Billy Kidman. Next thing I know, Sabu tries to beat me up for no apparent reason. So at Haradcore Heaven I made Sabu lose his match by counting a little faster than normal, and Sabu tries to beat me up again. Now I hear that Sabu wants to fight me in a match at November to Remember? What the hell? I’m not a wrestler. I don’t want to fight you. But if that is what it take to get you off my back, then so be it. Me and you, one on one at November to Remember!

Overall: 41

~ With that we fade to our next match.

DC Drake vs. Moondog Spot

~ Douglas Captain is at ringside with Moondog Spot. As referee Alfred Neeley calls for the bell, Moondog Spot charges at DC Drake and knocks him to the ground with a forearm shot to the back.

Styles: Wow, we got Tenderfoot and Sabu now at November to Remember!

~ Spot whips Drake into the opposite corner. Spot motions to Douglas Captain and he slides a steel folding chair into the ring. Spot picks up the chair and starts to stalk DC Drake. As Drake turns around Spot swings the chair, but Drake ducks it. DC Drake kicks Moondog Spot in the stomach forcing him to drop the chair. Drake DDT’s Spot on the chair.

Styles: Oh, DC Drake just DDTed Moondog Spot onto that steel chair!

~ Drake goes for the pin, but Spot kicks out after two. Drake picks Spot up and then picks up the chair. Drake hits Spot in the head with the chair. Drake throws the chair out of the ring in the general vicinity of Douglas Captain who runs and cowers. DC Drake hooks Moondog Spot up for the belly-to-belly suplex, and hits it. Drake goes for the pin and gets the win.

Winner: DC Drake

Match Rating: 30

Crowd Rating: 53

Overall Rating: 46

~ We fade to our last commercial break.

~ When we come back Adam Copeland is standing in front of the ECW Banner.

Copeland: I see that last week Moondog Spot made an open challenge for anybody to face him in a falls count anywhere match at November to Remember. Well, I’m here to accept that challenge. If anybody is going to teach that hooligan a lesson, it’ll be Clean Cut Copeland. November to Remember, Moondog Spot a-gain-st (He’s Canadian, you know) Adam Clean Cut Copeland!

Overall: 63

~ Now we come to our main event.

Rob Van Dam vs. Shane Douglas

~ Referee for this match is Kenny Jay. Vicky Carvill is at ringside holding the ECW World Heavyweight Title over her shoulder. The bell rings and the two men circle each other jockeying for position until finally locking up in the middle of the ring.

Styles: Tonight’s main event pits one half of the ECW Tag Team Champions, Rob Van Dam against the ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Shane Douglas.

~ Rob Van Dam applies a headlock to Shane Douglas. Douglas picks him up but RVD flips over the top of Douglas and lands on his feet. RVD grabs Douglas around the waist and runs him into the ropes. Douglas holds onto the ropes as RVD rolls over on the mat and gets back to his feet. As Douglas turns around, RVD dropkicks him and knocks him out of the ring to the arena floor. Vicky Carvill tries to help Douglas get back to his feet, when Rob Van Dam bounces off the opposite ropes and dives over the top rope doing a complete flip, but Douglas pulls Carvill in the way and Van Dam lands on top of her.

Styles: Shane Douglas just dragged Vicky Carvill in the way of Rob Van Dam!

~ The “holy shit, holy shit!” chant starts back up. Douglas gets back to his feet and grabs a steel chair from ringside. RVD gets back up and turns around to get nailed in the face with the chair. Van Dam spins around and then falls on his face on the floor. Douglas slides the chair in the ring and picks RVD up drops him throat first onto the security railing. Kenny Jay is checking on Vicky Carvill who is starting to get back up to her feet. Douglas whips RVD into the ring apron. RVD goes down again. Douglas looks under the ring and comes out with a Singapore cane!

Styles: What is that?! Shane Douglas pulled out the Singapore cane!

~ RVD turns around and gets nailed with the cane, RVD goes down again. Douglas climbs up to the apron and dives off with an elbow drop to the back of RVD. Douglas helps Van Dam back to his feet and then into the ring. Douglas follows him in. RVD crawls over to the chair and has it in his hand as Douglas tries to pull him back up again. RVD gets up quick and throws the chair at Douglas. Douglas catches the chair so RVD spin kicks it into his face. The fans go nuts!

Styles: OH MY GAWD!! Van Dam just hit a spin kick causing Shane Douglas to hit himself with that steel chair! Only in ECW will you see something like that.

~ Rob Van Dam goes for the pin. Kenny Jay, who was still helping Vicky Carvill back up, slides back in the ring, but only counts to two before Shane Douglas kicks out. RVD climbs to the top rope. Shane Douglas gets back to his feet and throws the chair at RVD. Van Dam falls from the top rope down into the corner. Douglas goes for the pin and uses the ropes for leverage as Kenny Jay counts to three.

Winner: Shane Douglas

~ Shane Douglas and Vicky Carvill stand in the ring. Douglas has his hands raised as Carvill is putting the title around his waist as we fade to black.

Match Rating: 82

Crowd Rating: 65

Overall Rating: 73

Overall Show Rating: 59