The Record Industry

Herr Matzat

So i am one of the ideots that still buys the musik he likes, you know suporting the stuff you like sinc that will help causing the lables to produce more of that style/band soooooooooo

1. Why the hell is like every second album ATM under/arpund 30 minutes ? (EP annyone ?)

2. Why do the CDs have a fucking copy protection that is so smart that half of the CD players i test it in cannot play it but my computer still is able to rip it in itunes like it is nothing special ?

3. And Prices still rise like crazy ?

Someone clear me up, i am beginning to feel that the record industry wants me to illigaly get all of my stuff so they can cry even louder than they do now.

30 minutes? Damn...basically every CD I've seen has like 15-18 songs and are usually 4-5 minutes each, with maybe one intro that last 30-50 seconds or so. So what kind of CD lasts only 30 minutes..?

And the price thing is simple...they rise like crazy...because the makers want money, that's easily understandable. And if there are those that want to support the band...and buy the CD why would they lower the price if someone's going to buy it anyways?

30 minutes? Damn...basically every CD I've seen has like 15-18 songs and are usually 4-5 minutes each, with maybe one intro that last 30-50 seconds or so. So what kind of CD lasts only 30 minutes..?

and buy the CD why would they lower the price if someone's going to buy it anyways?

I still buy music.

I don't own a CD player so the copy protection thing never gets me.

I only buy from amazon, or second hand CD stores, and hardly ever pay more than ten bucks for a CD.

I don't really think that length matters to much. It's more about the experience. Some CD's work better short, and some work better long. CD's can be too long. Hello Nasty by the Beastie Boys (And you all know I love me some Beastie Boys) feels like it goes on far to llong. Whereas TT5B, ends at the perfect time.

Guest bukkake bandit

I still buy the music I like. Luckily, I don't like a lot of newer music, so I only buy about 3-4 CDs a year. I'd give Tool, NIN, Glassjaw, APC, and a couple others my money.