Law And Order

apsham

Everyone has watched at least one of the three, the three being:

Law and Order

Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

And on Friday and Saturday nights, I am bascially forced to watch Law and Order and the SVU to get to the shows that I want to watch on those nights, due to the television being in the stupid living room. But anyways, i've started to like Law and Order for the show and characters itself, and SVU for the characters and actors.

Anyone else watch this stuff? You can't find a better crime drama. Or anything with an acotr as truly brilliant as B.D. Wong who plays Dr. George Huang on SVU.

SVU indeed has the best characters, at least there's some comedic relief in the scenes where Det. Odafin Tutuola (Ice-T) and Det. John Munch (Richard Belzer) will verbally tear apart the crime scene. I swear, tonights episode, they fired off about 5 play-on-words and puns about a room where a Micheal Jackson-esque pediophile molested children he invitied over for social functions. Plus, as I mentioned before, the fucking awesome B.D. Wong who plays Dr. George Huang.

I'm a fan of the original series. I even watch the re-runs they show every weeknight on TNT.

However, I'm not liking the new detective who replaced Briscoe. Dennis Farina is a good actor, but the character sucks the way they've been writing him.

That's actually one of my favorite things about it. Not so much the graphic nature of the show, but the reality that these crimes can and do happen is cool. Those "ripped from the headlines" shows are by far the best. And because I have a short attention span the plot twists keep my television on NBC for the full hour.

Last night's episode was obviously a swipe at the whole Micheal Jackson trial, unless there's something else going down that i'm unaware of. The story evolved in the way I was talking about to:

Someone's posting death threats online about mutilating a 5-year old etc. >

They find it's a twelve year old, mentally disturbed boy >

He's disturbed because he was molested by "Billy" the head of a toy company who holds all these benefits for children\and is invovled in charities, and who's house is overrun with children's toys. >

They come to  figure out that  the parents were payed off 4 million not to tell and that "Billy" has the Peter Pan complex. >

The kid retracts the statement that he made when with Dr. Huang and the parents send him away, they have no case >

They get help from someone who stands in and forces them to bring the kid home, meanwhile another alleged victim is found out, they figure that Billy is preying on kids in the charities that he gives to. >

The grandmother is shocked that it happened, as it was her granddaughter that she has to take care of and she has leukemia, they have a case again. >

The grandmother is found shoplifting, and they lose her credability. Meanwhile, they find out that the little girl doesn't have leukemia. >

Dr. Huang figures that the grandmother has "munchhausen syndrome by proxy" which causes people to harm others, in order to get attention. We find out that the grandmother was poisioning the granddaughter instead, and she's charged. I never caught the end of what happened to Billy... most likely prosecuted though. >

Some hard to follow sometimes.

Edited by Apple Shampoo

Definetly SVU just for the acting. Meloni, Hargitay, Wong, and Belzer are all top notch. Plus, the only original L&O actor I liked was Jerry Orbach, but he's gone now.

damn man Briscoe left ? I can't watch the newer episodes so I only watch the reruns on tnt. What happened to briscoe ?
Edited by jfazoli000

Definetly SVU just for the acting. Meloni, Hargitay, Wong, and Belzer are all top notch. Plus, the only original L&O actor I liked was Jerry Orbach, but he's gone now.

damn man Briscoe left ? I can't watch the newer episodes so I only watch the reruns on tnt. What happened to briscoe ?

On the season finale, he declared he was retiring. Sucks too, he was damn good

Edited by The Crock

To clear things up about Briscoe....

Apparently, they're doing yet another L & O series, and Briscoe is going to be on it, but likely as a recurring character instead of a regular.

Rumor is, Briscoe is going to be a special investigator for the D.A.'s office, instead of a police detective.

Guest Ringmaster

I don't really enjoy the shows that much in that they all the same formula. L&W and SVU go like this:

- Crime/Murder

- Investigation

- Suspect spotted

- Argue with DA over warrant

- Trial

and CI goes like this:

- Murder

- Investigation

- Suspect found/Swerve, it's not him, other suspect found

- No evidence

- Goren gets the confession out of the killer by playing it Bogart.

With that said, I'll watch CI when it's on TV, just because Vincent D'Onofrio is excellent as Goren and probably plays the best cop not named Mackey on TV.