So I saw Invader Zim the first time the other day.

MalaCloudy Black

Awesome.

Gir is just...awesome. A particular scene sticks out where Gir walks in the house slurping on a chocolate bubblegum milkshake, and he leaves the door open, prompting Zim to come out and go off on Gir about how leaving the door open leaves their plans in jeopardy, etc.

Zim: "Gir! Do you know what this means?"

Gir: "Yes." *pause* "..No."

Zim: "This puts our whole plan in Jeopardy!"

And then the next part I can't quite remember, but I think Gir starts talking about the show Jeopardy. :thumbsup:

I quite liked it. Gir is by far the best. ever. ^_^

Oh, and I have a question.

Courtesy imdb.com's show trivia:

After Nickelodeon cancelled the show, Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block showed strong interest in picking it up for new episodes. Nick refused to sell them the rights and the creator refused to have anything to do with TV animation again.

See the bolded part. Why? Anyone care to explain?

Edited by Cloudy

Argh! Nickelodeon = douchebags. What, do they want DVD sale money or something?

Oh, and Jhonen Vasquez doesn't want to have anything to do with TV animation because I think he found it to be an arduous, frustrating process and Nickelodeon being schmucks didn't help things.

Yeah, shortly after I asked I found an interview with him on ign.com. He more or less doesn't want anything to do with TV animation because Nickolodeon were being dicks and changing the time slot so often.

Crap, I wanted to see this on TV. I've heard quite a bit about it. And of course, there's that famous Gir gif.

Nickelodeon pretty much sucks now. They used to have some good shows back in the early 90's. For a little older audience. Now all they got is stupid shit like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents. Considering Zim isn't one of those two, no wonder it got treated like shit.

Crap, I wanted to see this on TV.  I've heard quite a bit about it.  And of course, there's that famous Gir gif. 

Nickelodeon pretty much sucks now.  They used to have some good shows back in the early 90's.  For a little older audience.  Now all they got is stupid shit like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents.  Considering Zim isn't one of those two, no wonder it got treated like shit.

ohmigodyousuck

I absolutely adore Fairly Odd Parents, Cosmo might well be the best character in a kids TV show since Kel dagnabit!

Invader Zim Volumes 1 and 2 were released a while ago, and just this past Tuesday, Volume 3 was released as well. I haven't had a chance to watch 2 or 3, but I recommend 1 and probably will 2 and 3 when I get around to them.

I'm probably going to try and pick up Volume 1: Doom Doom Doom soon. I want to hear the Doom Song :P

I just got Volume 1 and 2 last week with a Best Buy gift card i got awhile ago. If you like Invader Zim and you have a sick sense of humor, go check out Jhonen Vasquez's 'Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" comic books. Probably the funniest thing ever written.

Crap, I wanted to see this on TV.  I've heard quite a bit about it.  And of course, there's that famous Gir gif. 

Nickelodeon pretty much sucks now.  They used to have some good shows back in the early 90's.  For a little older audience.  Now all they got is stupid shit like Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents.  Considering Zim isn't one of those two, no wonder it got treated like shit.

Boooo, you suck >_<

Spongebob I'll agree bites the big one, but Fairly OddParents may be Nickelodeon's only saving grace for cartoon's right now. I LOVE the Fairly OddParents, it's a fun show. In the beginning I wasn't too fond of them but as the show advanced on I really started finding a liking to it. The only odd thing about it is recently they've been focusing alot on special effects and whatnot, such as the huge ammount of magic sweeping the globe, or the scene from the mini-movie where they're fighting on atoms and whatnot. Plus the mini-movie where they're inside the TV channels, but it's pretty cool.

I love the randomness to it, Cosmo is so stupid it's almost scary, lol.