Do you listen to country music?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to country music?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

No. I don't.

Never been a part of my culture.

Being in England we don't have country, it's not that "Ewww I hates it, haters it I do!" it's just I don't care for it.

I've never experienced the big American west so meh, couldn't care less about it.

I listen to some Cash, but other than that no. I can't stand most country music, or the messages they convey. I am not one of the good ol' boys, I don't enjoy tractors nor do I find them sexy. I hate the far right conservative standpoint many of the artists take.

Plus I live in the Appalachian mountains.

Almost anything > Bluegrass > Country.

Guest Bluesman

Just like others have said, I'll listen to the older stuff. As someone who has spent a great deal of time living in rural areas, I've had to listen to far more of that newer shit than I'd care to. It's sad really, as it's pretty much pop music designed for a target audience.

I think the picture of Trigger (Willie Nelson's guitar) in my sig gives it away, I do. I listen to Johnny Cash, Steve Earle, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings as well as some Toby Keith and Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney - oh and Kenny Rogers and Glen Campbell.

You have to dig deep in the new country music to find some real good stuff, most of the women in country music today try to be Shania Twain and sing really bad country pop...all I can say is thank God for guys like Steve Earle, who is in my view the modern day Johnny Cash. It's hard to really define what country music is these days, it's become a broad scope. There's pop country, outlaw country(which is basically country fused with rock 'n roll,) the pioneers of which were Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and some others, which I suppose you could count Johnny Cash as one of them and Kris Kristofferson and alternative country and believe it or not Cowpunk (country mixed with punk) which I think is primarily a Steve Earle thing. The real masters of country music have never been afraid to songs which aren't really your average country song (and there are many just average country songs)...Johnny Cash singing Hurt or Rusty Cage is an example, Steve Earle singing Breed, Willie Nelson's version of Time After Time and his version of Graceland.

I think in this post I haven't been fair to women in country music, while alot of them are forgettable (I try as hard as I can to forget Shania Twain and LeeAnn Rhymes who I think pretty much deserted country music anyway) you still have Emmylou Harris, Lucinda Williams, Lee Ann Womack, Roseanne Cash (daughter of Johhny, I reccomed to you all September When It Comes, a duet between the two), Naci Griffith who all deserve the credit of not selling out like so many others. While Dolly Parton should be let sink to the bottom of the atlantic by the surgically inhanced bosom. She is a parody.

I listen to many kinds of music with country music being one of the main types. I do especially like Johnny Cash; but I mostly enjoy Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson. For some reason I can't stand any of the female country singers (Shania Twain, Faith Hill, etc.). But yeah I like most of the new stuff too.

i'll listen to almost any country music . i grew up listening to george Strait , keith Whitley and the likes as for new country the likes of brad paisley , Allison Krause , leann Womack , Gretchen Wilson , Tim mcgraw , Faith Hill and Alan jackson remain my top choices

I usually can't stand country music. With that said, after searching out Christian Kane's music, I can't seem to get enough of it. It, being HIS music. Kane has a good grasp on the country-rock sound, and I'm really enjoying it. Other than that, though...Country blows.

The only country singers I REALLY like is Garth Brooks and Charlie Daniels. But I can enjoy Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, and Johnny Cash. But I can't stand the whole "I lost my dog, truck, girlfriend, house, daddys gold pocket watch, wallet, 1 shoe, and my pants all in the same 10 mins."

I think the picture of Trigger (Willie Nelson's guitar) in my sig gives it away, I do.  I listen to Johnny Cash, Steve Earle, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings as well as some Toby Keith and Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney - oh and Kenny Rogers and Glen Campbell. 

You have to dig deep in the new country music to find some real good stuff, most of the women in country music today try to be Shania Twain and sing really bad country pop...all I can say is thank God for guys like Steve Earle, who is in my view the modern day Johnny Cash.  It's hard to really define what country music is these days, it's become a broad scope. There's pop country, outlaw country(which is basically country fused with rock 'n roll,) the pioneers of which were Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and some others, which I suppose you could count Johnny Cash as one of them and Kris Kristofferson and alternative country and believe it or not Cowpunk (country mixed with punk) which I think is primarily a Steve Earle thing. The real masters of country music have never been afraid to songs which aren't really your average country song (and there are many just average country songs)...Johnny Cash singing Hurt or Rusty Cage is an example, Steve Earle singing Breed, Willie Nelson's version of Time After Time and his version of Graceland.

I think in this post I haven't been fair to women in country music, while alot of them are forgettable (I try as hard as I can to forget Shania Twain and LeeAnn Rhymes who I think pretty much deserted country music anyway) you still have Emmylou Harris, Lucinda Williams, Lee Ann Womack, Roseanne Cash (daughter of Johhny, I reccomed to you all September When It Comes, a duet between the two), Naci Griffith who all deserve the credit of not selling out like so many others. While Dolly Parton should be let sink to the bottom of the atlantic by the surgically inhanced bosom. She is a parody.

Hobo has the best taste in music on EWB. It is him to who my heart belongs.