RAW vs. SmackDown!

TMM

user posted image

27th May 2004

Announcers: Michael Cole and Tazz

Cole: Hello and welcome to SmackDown! Last week we went off the air after seeing the Dudley Boyz destroy Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio by driving them through a table. Tonight, the Dudleyz will be in tag team action when they challenge for the no.1 contender spot in a big four-team battle.

Tazz: The Dudley Boyz have to be firm favourites due to their history. They have held the Tag Team titles an amazing 17 times in ECW, WCW and WWE.

Cole: But you can’t count out Billy Gunn and Hardcore Holly. Between them, they’ve held the WWE Tag Team titles 12 times!

Tazz: No doubt that this match will be very a close match, and anyone could really come out on top!

Cole: We’re getting things started with the big-mixed tag match!

John Cena and Torrie Wilson vs. Rene Dupree and Dawn Marie

John Cena and Rene Dupree were to start out, but Dupree smirked, and tagged in Dawn Marie! That meant John Cena had to tag out to Torrie Wilson, thus keeping the United States champion and his challenger apart for a while longer. Torrie immediately took Dawn down with a spear and started pummelling her on the mat. Dawn and Torrie rolled around on the mat for a bit before Torrie picked Dawn up by the hair and dragged her to the corner. She then started laying in with right hands…but Dupree ran along the apron and clothslined her to the mat! The referee admonished Dupree, but he just smirked and claimed he didn’t do anything! Dawn tagged out to Dupree, who walked up to Torrie and did his ‘French tickler’ dance! He walked closer to Torrie, but Cena had had enough and jumped in and clotheslined Dupree and returned to the apron. Cena reached for the tag and got the fans behind Torrie…who made the hot tag! Cena took Dupree down several times with clotheslines before pumping up the shoes and hitting the Five Knuckle Shuffle! Just as he was signalling for the FU, Dawn Marie hit him in the back! Cena turned around, grabbed Dawn by the hair as she went to leave, and asked the crowd if he should ‘punish’ her! Just as he was going to FU her, Torrie came in and asked to take fight her. Cena obliged and tossed her to Torrie who pummelled her with rights and lefts before rolling to the outside. While that was happening, Kurt Angle’s assistant, Luther Raines ran down to the ring and delivered a devastating powerbomb to Cena! Luther jumped out of the ring, and walked directed the referee’s attention to Dupree, who was covering Cena! He counted 1…2…3! Dupree pins the United States champion!

Winners: Rene Dupree and Dawn Marie

64%

77%

37%

On the outside, Luther grabbed Torrie Wilson by the hair and picked her off of Dawn Marie. He held onto her by her hair, as General Manager Kurt Angle’s music hit!

Angle came up onto the stage via a lift, and Luther proceeded to drag her up to him.

Angle: Well, well, well. Torrie Wilson. I bet you were wondering to yourself; “why did Kurt Angle put my job on the line at Judgment Day?” Well you don’t need to wonder anymore. This is the reason…

*Angle points to his wheelchair*

…This should be you! But no, I saved your life when the Big Show was going to chokeslam you off of the stage! But what thanks do I get? Nothing! You are an ungrateful blonde bimbo, and that is why I tried to get you fired. You are ungrateful, and there is no place on SmackDown for people like you. So, next week on SmackDown we’re going to have ourselves a little match. In this match…your job will be on the line! I’m not going to let you know who your opponent is, but you will find out next week. Enjoy your time on SmackDown Torrie. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Luther let go of Torrie, who ran off to the back crying.

Dupree: Mr. Angle sir. Hold on just a second! I would like to make a suggestion about my United States title match at the ‘Great American’ Bash.

Angle: And what might that be Rene?

Dupree: Well, I was thinking about it, and I thought it would be a good idea to add a little, how do you say; stipulation to the match.

Angle: Hmmm…okay, what do you propose?

Dupree: Well, seen as you have your own surprise for little Ms. Wilson next week, I think I shall keep it as a surprise as well. But I’ll let you know now; I don’t want zees filthy, ugly people knowing about it.

Rene Dupree whispered something in Angle’s ear, and the General Manager seemed to like the idea.

Angle: I LOVE that idea Rene! You’ve got it. At the Great American Bash, it’ll be you against John Cena in a…well, you’ll just have to wait and see.

87%

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back everyone. I can’t believe the heinous act at the hands of Luther Raines before the break. He came into the ring when the referee wasn’t looking and powerbombed US champion John Cena, allowing Rene Dupree to pin him!

Tazz: Well, I gotta agree there, it was uncalled for.

Cole: But then he grabbed a hold of Torrie Wilson; and he blatantly hurt her! He dragged her up to Kurt Angle, who then verbally abused her!

Tazz: That was quite a site to see; and not a good one at that! But Angle announced that Torrie would have to defend her job again, this time against a surprise opponent.

Cole: Yeah, and I’m almost afraid to ask who that is! The show goes on, and up next, Booker T takes on Funaki. Last week on SmackDown, Funaki had some tough questions for Booker T, and although he didn’t show it, he was quite annoyed about it!

Tazz: Yeah, I heard that after he beat Kidman, he went back and blamed Funaki for Undertaker’s ‘light show’!

Cole: Booker T really has some issues partner. Well, here comes Funaki, and it’s time for the match.

Booker T vs. Funaki

Funaki stood in the ring and patiently awaited the appearance of Booker T. Booker came down to the ring, no fancy pyro or anything as he got in the ring and attacked Funaki before the bell even rung! Booker laid into Funaki, and didn’t let the cruiserweight from Japan get a shot in at all in the early goings. Booker T aimed to take Funaki’s head off with his crescent kick, but Funaki ducked it and started punching Booker in the midsection! Funaki pummelled Booker into the corner and turned around to clap to the crowd, but as soon as he turned to face Booker he was laid out with a clothesline! Booker said ‘that’s it’ and delivered the Book End, and made the pin.

Winner: Booker T

73%

71%

75%

Much like last week, just as Booker was going to leave, he turned round and administered some more pain unto his opponent. He picked him up and delivered another Book End, before hitting the Axe Kick. Just as Booker stood up, the lights went out and the Undertaker’s gongs sounded! Booker looked up at the TitanTron, saw nothing, and hit yet another Book End on Funaki! Booker smirked, pointed at the TitanTron before walking off to the back.

79%

Cole: Booker T is a changed man. On RAW he was such a fun loving happy guy. But now he’s on SmackDown…he’s just become a bully! He’s nothing more than a bully!

Tazz: Well he just killed Funaki I think, but there’s something you didn’t mention.

Cole: What’s that Tazz?

Tazz: Booker didn’t seem at all scared when the Undertaker’s gong sounded! He just smirked and acted as if nothing had happened!

Cole: Well, Undertaker is a dark man. He likes to scare his ‘prey’ so to speak, by making them think he’s there when he isn’t. Maybe Booker T realises this, and isn’t scared anymore.

Tazz: Anything could happen between these two; especially with the way things have been going.

Cole: Well up next is the four-way elimination match to determine the no.1 contenders for the WWE Tag Team titles at the Great American Bash! The Basham Brothers, Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn, the FBI, and the Dudley Boyz. One of these four teams will meat Charlie Haas and Rico for the WWE Tag Team titles June 13th at the Great American Bash!

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back, and much like last week we’ve been joined at the announce table by Paul Heyman. Paul, I was wondering; do you actually work here yet?

Heyman: Well Michael Cole, I am very pleased you asked me that. Yes, yes I do. Kurt Angle gave me a job yesterday! So I am now officially a part of the SmackDown brand.

Tazz: So we’ll be seeing a lot more of you then?

Heyman: Why yes you will Tazz! Isn’t that great?

Tazz: …

--No.1 Contenders for the WWE Tag Team titles--

The Basham Brothers vs. FBI vs. Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn vs. the Dudley Boyz

This was under elimination rules, and only two men can be in the ring at any time. Johnny “the Bull” Stamboli and Hardcore Holly started things off. The two, big hardhitters went at it and left nothing in the back, as both men wanted the Tag Team gold. “The Bull” was on the receiving end of a lot of punishment from Holly, and quickly tagged out to Nunzio. Nunzio looked around, and entered the ring…but then ran over and tagged in Danny Basham and exited the ring! Danny and Hardcore went at it, with Holly hitting his trademark dropkick before tagging in Billy Gunn. Billy pounded Basham into a corner and signalled for a Stinger splash. He geared up, but Danny dropped out of the way and tagged in Nunzio again! Nunzio tried to do what he did before, but Hardcore laid him out with a clothesline on the apron! Gunn picked him up and delivered the Fame-Asser and pinned Nunzio, eliminating the FBI! Almost immediately after the referee counted Nunzio’s shoulders down, Bubba Dudley entered the ring and hit an axe handle the Gunn, followed by and elbow and another axe handle. Bubba isolated Billy Gunn, and made quick regular tags with D-Von. The Dudleyz signalled for the 3D, but Hardcore had had enough and attacked both Dudleyz, one after the other. Hardcore pounded D-Von towards the Basham’s corner, and Doug made a blind tag with D-Von. Hardcore whipped D-Von into the far corner, Doug came off the top rope with a clothesline to Hardcore’s surgically repaired neck.

Cole: Folks, we gotta take a break! Don’t go anywhere!

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back, all through the break…

Heyman: All through the break, the Dudley Boyz have been dominant over Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn! They taken EVERYTHING they could lash out, but they’ve just brushed it off like *that*.

Tazz: You’re right Paul. Hardcore and Billy haven’t been able to get a rhythm going since Doug Basham took Hardcore’s neck out earlier!

The Dudleyz were again isolating hardcore Holly, and Bubba hit a hard back bodydrop. He then went over to Billy Gunn and taunted him into the ring, to which the referee tried to stop. With the ref’s back turned, the Dudleyz went to hit their wassup…but Hardcore rolled through on Bubba and rolled him up! D-Von lost his balance and crotched himself on the turnbuckle! Hardcore only managed a two count, and began crawling to make a tag. Although he was initially aiming for Billy Gunn, Danny Basham stretched out and tagged himself in! Danny started pounding away at Bubba Ray Dudley, who had just recovered from nearly being pinned by Billy Gunn, and Danny jumped in like a wolf smelling wounded prey. Danny tried to life Bubba up for a backdrop, but to no avail. Bubba elbowed him in his mouth, and with D-Von’s assistance they hit a reverse 3-D!!! Bubba pinned Danny, the Basham’s are out! It was Bubba and Hardcore Holly who started the final part…but the Dudleyz pulled a fast one, and it was D-Von that jumped Hardcore from behind! He made a blind tag earlier. D-Von delivered a forearm to the neck of Holly, and then delivered a neckbreaker. He proceeded to lock on a dragon sleeper on the surgically repaired neck of Hardcore Holly. Holly was almost done for, but came to life after his arm was dropped the second time, and got to his feet with elbows to D-Von’s stomach. Hardcore whipped D-von to the ropes before hitting a big dropkick! Both men were down and out, and the fans were cheering Holly to reach Billy Gunn…and he did! Gunn came into the ring and cleaned house of the Dudley Boyz and signalled for the Fame-Asser. Bubba came at him…and felt the Fame-Asser! But behind the referee’s back, D-Von lowblowed Billy Gunn, and then hit a modified reverse DDT to pick up the win!!!

Winners and no.1 contenders for the WWE Tag Team titles: the Dudley Boyz

74%

71%

77%

Paul Heyman got up from his announce table and raised the Dudleyz hands before he accompanied them to the back.

Cole: I can’t believe those damn Dudleyz! D-Von knew they would lose, so he cheated to attain victory!

Tazz: Well Cole, you obviously didn’t hear Paul Heyman say that the Dudley Boyz would return to their roots, and that is classic Dudley Boyz right there!

Cole: Well, in any event, the Dudleyz will take on Charlie Haas and Rico for the WWE Tag Team titles on June 13th at the Great American Bash. But stay tuned guys, because up next is Chavo Guerrero vs. the world!

Commercial Break

Cole: Well it’s time Tazz!

Tazz: Yes it is! After Chavo and his dad beat Jacqueline last week, Chavo made it clear he wanted to challenge anyone to a match for the Cruiserweight title this week on SmackDown.

Cole: Well, we don’t have to wait any longer, as here comes Chavo and Chavo Classic!

The Chavo’s came out to the ring with a smirk across their faces.

Chavo Classic: Well everyone it’s time for my son to take on the world! Any Cruiserweight in the back who thinks that they can beat the greatest Cruiserweight champion in this companies history!

Chavo: I know it’s a frightening prospect! Getting in the ring with me…Chavo Guerrero! So, whoever is willing to answer my challenge…come on out now!

There was silence for a few seconds…until the lights went out and some very familiar music hit the speakers!

Cole: It’s Jeff Hardy! Oh my god! Jeff Hardy is back in the WWE!

user posted image

Tazz: My god Jeff looks in great condition!

Cole: Look at the Chavo’s faces! They didn’t expect this AT ALL!

The Chavo’s cleared the ring, as Jeff ran down and went to each turnbuckle…before Chavo whacked him in the back on one of them, starting the match.

67%

--WWE Cruiserweight title--

Jeff Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero © w/ Chavo Classic

Chavo started off strongly, but the fans in attendance didn’t let up once in their support of Jeff! Chavo hit a snap suplex, and turned to the fans for adulation, but only got even more boos. He then turned around and was met by striking forearms from Jeff! Jeff whipped Chavo into the turnbuckle, and proceeded to hit an amazing moonsault kick before clotheslining him over the top rope to the floor! The fans went wild, as Jeff then launched himself over the top rope into the arms of Chavo and his dad, knocking both men to the floor! Jeff slowly got back to his feet and tossed the younger Chavo into the ring and attempted to pin him, but only scored a two count. Jeff went to pick him back up, but was met with a thumb to the eyes, as Chavo rolled him up in a small package with the tights…1…2…2 and a half! The referee didn’t spot the blatant cheating by the champion, but Hardy managed to kick out! Chavo proceeded to mock his uncle Eddie by going to the rolling vertical suplexes, but after the second, Jeff mustered enough strength to pull off a tornado DDT in midair! The fans applauded the move, as Jeff climbed to the top rope to finish Chavo off with the Swanton Bomb…but Chavo Classic jumped on the apron and crothed Jeff on the turnbuckle! Chavo recovered and hit a spike DDT off the top rope to the mat, before pinning Jeff with his feet all over the second rope!

Winner and still Cruiserweight champion: Chavo Guerrero

78%

72%

85%

Chavo Classic handed his son his title, and he helped him to the back. In the background was Jeff Hardy shaking his head as he watched his opponent leave after he cheated to win.

Commercial Break

Just as SmackDown returns from the break, a video of the closing seconds of the previous match is shown, to boos from the crowd.

Cole: Well, as you’ve just seen, Jeff Hardy has returned to WWE! But this time he is with SmackDown, and he could, and most probably should be the new WWE Cruiserweight champion.

Tazz: Jeff Hardy came out, nobody knew he was here, and every single female in this audience shrieked, I think, like they’ve never shrieked before!

Cole: Yeah I think I’ve gone half deaf partner! Up now, John “Bradshaw” Layfield is backstage with Josh Matthews.

Josh: Thank you Michael Cole. Mr. Layfield, tonight you go one-on-one with Rey Mysterio 17 days before you challenge his good friend Eddie Guerrero for the WWE championship. What are your feelings about these two matches?

JBL: What are my feelings? Well, my feelings are this. I don’t care whether it’s Eddie Guerrero; I don’t care whether it’s Rey Mysterio. It doesn’t matter to me, because they represent the same thing to me. They both represent all these stinking morons in the crowd! That’s right, they represent the fans. I mean, the sorta people that cheer for Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero have no morals. They don’t understand greatness, and what they don’t understand, they boo. And they don’t understand me. They don’t understand how I have become so rich and climbed to the very top of the financial ladder while they sit at the very bottom, leaching off of the government for handouts. So what I am going to do, is go out there and beat Rey Mysterio like his momma should’ve done years ago!

70%

Rob Van Dam vs. “The Reflection of Perfection” Mark Jindrak w/ Theodore Long

Theodore Long took time with his client’s entrance, walking down to the fans on either side of the rampway, and pointed out his client’s perfection to them. The arena nearly erupted when Van Dam’s music hit, but when “Mr. Thursday Night” entered the ring and headed towards the turnbuckle, but was cut off by Mark Jindrak standing in his way! Jindrak prevented him from going to the second rope to ‘show off’, so Van Dam did it in front of him to his face! Jindrak didn’t like it one bit and swung at RVD, who ducked and kicked him in the backside, Jindrak turned round and attempted to kick RVD in the stomach, RVD caught the leg, stepped over and nailed him with a step over heel kick. Jindrak fell to the mat as RVD leaned down and got in his face. He pointed to himself three times with his thumbs and said "R…V…D" in his face. Jindrak quickly got back to his feet, pissed off. Van Dam seemed to be really enjoying himself out there, but Jindrak certainly wasn’t as he went over to confer with Theodore Long. Once he finished, he faked a lock-up and kicked Van Dam in the miod-section before punching him square in the face! He then showed off his strength by picking him up over his head and launching him to the outside! Jindrak stood in the ring, and looked down on RVD on the outside, smiling at what he had done. Jindrak brought RVD back into the ring, and dominated for a few more minutes. Jindrak got over-zealous, and took too long to administer a powerbomb, allowing RVD to toss him over his shoulder! Jindrak clambered into the corner, and was soon met by the shoulders of Van Dam! RVD then laid him out with a martial arts kick from the top rope, before going back up and hitting the Five Star Frog Splash! After writhing around in pain for a few seconds, Van Dam covered Jindrak and picked up the victory!

Winner: Rob Van Dam

74%

73%

75%

Van Dam, who was prevented from doing so earlier, went to the second rope and pointed to himself as the fans sung along “R…V…D”. As soon as he jumped off the rope, he was met by Mark Jindrak who hit the Mark of Perfection out of nowhere! He kicked Van Dam in the mouth, before spitting on him and leaving the ring!

Cole: My god Tazz, that was totally uncalled for by Mark Jindrak!

Tazz: no doubt, no doubt Cole. But this kid has a bright future ahead of him on SmackDown, and what better way to kick it off then lay a beating on one of our top guys, “Mr. Thursday Night” Rob Van Dam.

The cameras cut to the back, where Charlie Haas, Rico and Miss Jackie are in their locker room.

Rico: Oh do come on Charles! You know it’s a good idea! I just know it’ll look wonderful on you!

Haas: (from behind a door)…it looks stupid! I don’t even know why I’m doing this! The colours just don’t suit me…what the hell…?

Rico: Oh come come my good friend…(Rico peeps in the room)…oo that looks stunning! Come on out! Show Jackie! Show Jackie!

Haas: (Haas takes a deep breath)…ok Rico, here I come!

Charlie Haas stepped out from behind the door in nothing but a blue thong!

Haas: What the…? You didn’t say there were cameras here Rico!!!

Haas runs back into the room as quick as he came out. As soon as he does that, the door bursts open and Bubba Ray, D-Von and Paul Heyman walk in. The Dudleyz stand inches away from Rico.

Bubba: 17 days Rico! 17 days until those belts are ours! So cherish them while they are yours, because come the Great American Bash, they will be around the waists of the Dudley Boyz once again.

D-Von: Oh testify my brother!

The Dudleyz turn to leave, so Rico turns around as well, looking as if he had seen a ghost, but turning your back on a Dudley is not advisable. Heyman quickly handed D-Von a chair and he proceeded to smash it over Rico’s head! Rico collapsed in a heap, as Miss Jackie screamed. The Dudleyz and Heyman left, and Charlie Haas walked out of the room in a tracksuit.

Haas: I’m never doing that again…what the? What happened? What the hell happened?

Haas and Jackie checked on Rico, as SmackDown went to its final break.

71%

Commercial Break

Cole: We just witnessed the Dudley Boyz cracking Rico’s skull with a steel chair, and the sound was absolutely horrible!

Tazz: There’s no doubt about it; the Dudleyz have sent a big message to the champions; they’re coming for them!

Cole: Well up next is the main event; John “Bradshaw” Layfield takes on Rey Mysterio in one-on-one competition.

Rey Mysterio vs. John “Bradshaw” Layfield

Rey Rey came out with taped up ribs after the assault at the hands of the Dudleyz last week, when they drove Rob Van Dam through Mysterio and a table. Bradshaw came out, as per usual, in his white, horn-clad, white limo. He got out and was met by a huge chorus of boos after his earlier comments. He looked around, and stuck his nose up at every single fan around ringside. He then got into an argument with a fan holding an Eddie Guerrero sign, and that was Mysterio’s cue! As soon as JBL turned around, Mysterio was in full flight and landed right on top of him! Mysterio had to move quickly and did so with quick punches. He rolled Bradshaw into the ring, but was kicked in the head when he tried to slide in after him. Bradhsaw kicked him four times more in the head before picking him up…and knocking him back down with a big clubbing forearm to the upper-back. He pounded him down on the mat before tossing him shoulder first into the turnbuckle. Bradshaw proceeded to work on the now injured shoulder with an armbar. Mysterio managed to wriggle his way out of it and bounced off the ropes with a dropkick to the face! Mysterio went to the apron and attempted to ‘drop the dime’…but Bradshaw moved out of the way, picked him up and administered a shoulder-breaker to the injured shoulder. Bradshaw signalled it was time to end it, and sent Mysterio into the ropes. Bradshaw ran into the adjacent ropes…but instead of hitting Mysterio, he killed the referee dead with a Clothesline from Hell! Bradshaw turned around quickly and caught Mysterio coming off the top, and hit the Stock Market Crash for a pin, but there was no referee! Bradshaw tried to revive the fallen Nick Patrick, but to no avail. While this was happening, the fans went crazy as WWE champion Eddie Guerrero raced down to the ring and went toe-to-toe with JBL! He took him off his feet a backdrop, and went into full “Latino Heat” mode before going to the top rope…and hitting the Frog Splash! Eddie disappeared into the crowd, as Mysterio rolled to the apron…and managed to successfully ‘drop the dime’! Mysterio rolled into the cover as referee Brian Hebner raced down to administer the count…1…2…3! Mysterio pinned Bradshaw!

Winner: Rey Mysterio

76%

82%

63%

Cole: My God! I don’t believe it! Mysterio just pinned the no.1 contender for the WWE championship!

Tazz: I thought Eddie Guerrero wasn’t supposed to be here tonight?

Cole: He wasn’t, but he just cost John “Bradshaw” Layfield a very, VERY big match tonight, and Bradshaw will be furious next week! That’s all for SmackDown, my god…

Overall Rating: 72%

TV Rating: 6.06

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Saturday 29th May 2004

Announcers: Josh Matthews and Bill DeMott

Matthews: Welcome to Veloicty everybody, and we have a packed show from top to bottom for you!

DeMott: That’s right, Billy Kidman and Paul London team up to take on Akio and Sakoda.

Matthews: Nunzio of the Full Blooded Italians takes on Spike Dudleyz.

DeMott: And in the main event, Rene Dupree faces off against Billy Gunn. What a show.

Matthews: That’s right, and in addition to that we’ll show you the return of a certain superstar to SmackDown, and the shocking closing moments of the main event from SmackDown between Rey Mysterio and John “Bradshaw” Layfield!

Kyo Dai vs. Billy Kidman and Paul London

Kyo Dai have been wondering around lately wandering why they were not involved in the no.1 contenders match on SmackDown, and they’ve gone on record as saying that they are not happy about it, and will definitely be gunning for the titles in the near future. The bigger Sakoda started out with London, who was hot off a win over a young talent named Joey Ryan last week on Velocity. Sakoda soon found out that his size and strength advantage didn’t really mean much against the amazing Paul London, who avoided everything Sakado dished out! London took Sakoda off his feet with a beautiful standing dropkick, before tagging in Billy Kidman. Kidman and London then hit stereo-dropkicks before Kidman covered, and got a two. Kidman then looked to hit a suplex, but Sakoda blocked it, and hit one of his own before tagging in Akio. Akio used his quick feet and martial arts background to his advantage against Kidman, and scored a near fall after a spinning heel kick. Akio went over to tag in Sakoda, but instead hit a quick Dragon suplex out of nowhere for the…1…2…3!

Winners: Kyo Dai

62%

43%

81%

Matthews: Woah! Akio had everyone thinking he would tag in Sakoda, but he turned around, hit the suplex and got the win!

DeMott: That’s what Kyo Dai are all about; it could all change in a second! They are so quick, especially that Akio. You have to be on your guard at all times, and Billy Kidman presumed that Akio was tagging out, and that was his undoing. That was ‘the Turning Point’.

Matthews: You’re right there. This is World Wrestling Entertainment; to presume something is to lose! We’ve gotta take a break right now, but when we come back we’ll show you the closing moments of SmackDown!

Commercial Break

Matthews: Welcome back. SmackDown’s main event saw Rey Mysterio take on John “Bradshaw” Layfield in a match that many expected JBL to come out on top, but it didn’t quite go down that easy!

Highlights of:

Rey Mysterio vs. John “Bradshaw” Layfield

He pounded him down on the mat before tossing him shoulder first into the turnbuckle. Bradshaw proceeded to work on the now injured shoulder with an armbar. Mysterio managed to wriggle his way out of it and bounced off the ropes with a dropkick to the face! Mysterio went to the apron and attempted to ‘drop the dime’…but Bradshaw moved out of the way, picked him up and administered a shoulder-breaker to the injured shoulder. Bradshaw signalled it was time to end it, and sent Mysterio into the ropes. Bradshaw ran into the adjacent ropes…but instead of hitting Mysterio, he killed the referee dead with a Clothesline from Hell! Bradshaw turned around quickly and caught Mysterio coming off the top, and hit the Stock Market Crash for a pin, but there was no referee! Bradshaw tried to revive the fallen Nick Patrick, but to no avail. While this was happening, the fans went crazy as WWE champion Eddie Guerrero raced down to the ring and went toe-to-toe with JBL! He took him off his feet a backdrop, and went into full “Latino Heat” mode before going to the top rope…and hitting the Frog Splash! Eddie disappeared into the crowd, as Mysterio rolled to the apron…and managed to successfully ‘drop the dime’! Mysterio rolled into the cover as referee Brian Hebner raced down to administer the count…1…2…3! Mysterio pinned Bradshaw!

88%

Matthews: Mysterio coming out on top against Bradshaw with the help of WWE champion Eddie Guerrero.

DeMott: Well Eddie wasn’t expected to be on SmackDown, but he showed up at just the right time to cost him the match!

Matthews: That’s right. Also on SmackDown, Chavo Guerrero challenged any male cruiserweight to a match for his title, and everyone was shocked who answered his challenge!

Highlights of:

--WWE Cruiserweight title--

Jeff Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero © w/ Chavo Classic

Chavo started off strongly, but the fans in attendance didn’t let up once in their support of Jeff! Chavo hit a snap suplex, and turned to the fans for adulation, but only got even more boos. He then turned around and was met by striking forearms from Jeff! Jeff whipped Chavo into the turnbuckle, and proceeded to hit an amazing moonsault kick before clotheslining him over the top rope to the floor! The fans went wild, as Jeff then launched himself over the top rope into the arms of Chavo and his dad, knocking both men to the floor! Jeff slowly got back to his feet and tossed the younger Chavo into the ring and attempted to pin him, but only scored a two count. Jeff went to pick him back up, but was met with a thumb to the eyes, as Chavo rolled him up in a small package with the tights…1…2…2 and a half! The referee didn’t spot the blatant cheating by the champion, but Hardy managed to kick out! Chavo proceeded to mock his uncle Eddie by going to the rolling vertical suplexes, but after the second, Jeff mustered enough strength to pull off a tornado DDT in midair! The fans applauded the move, as Jeff climbed to the top rope to finish Chavo off with the Swanton Bomb…but Chavo Classic jumped on the apron and crothed Jeff on the turnbuckle! Chavo recovered and hit a spike DDT off the top rope to the mat, before pinning Jeff with his feet all over the second rope!

Winner and still Cruiserweight champion: Chavo Guerrero

69%

Commercial Break

Nunzio w/ Johnny “the Bull” Stamboli vs. Spike Dudley

Both men are former ECW Tag Team champions, although Spike has developed into more of a singles wrestler, whereas Nunzio has formed a formidable tag team with Johnny “the Bull” Stamboli. Nunzio used his technical expertise to force Spike onto the mat before locking in a Boston-crab on little Spike. Nunzio used a lot of submission holds, trying to wear down the legs of Spike before Spike managed to fight his way out of a single leg crab, and twisted his way into a standing position where he launched Nunzio into the turnbuckle! Spike pulled down the straps, pounded his chest and knocked Nunzio to the floor in the corner. He then took a run up before stamping all over the FBI member! Spike called for it, and went to hit the Dudley Dog, but his leg gave way while he was running up the turnbuckle. Nunzio took advantage of this and locked in the Boston crab tight! Spike screamed in pain, and finally had no choice but to submit to the painful hold!

Winner: Nunzio

69%

58%

80%

Matthews: What a big, big win for Nunzio here!

DeMott: No doubt about it coming right off the back of the defeat on SmackDown, he didn’t let it have any effect on his performance. ‘The Turning Point’ was Nunzio’s technical work. With that, he damaged Spike’s leg so much that he was unable to hit the Dudley Dog, therefore allowing Nunzio to lock in that deadly Boston Crab for the submission.

Another video aired for the Japanese man, now known only as “Suzuki”. It showed a similar video to last weeks, but this time said “06.13.04” then faded out.

35%

Matthews: Well, Suzuki it is! June 13th is the date of the Great American Bash, I guess that’s when he will debut!

DeMott: Well the Great American Bash just got a whole lot better!

Matthews: Don’t go anywhere, because after the break Rene Dupree takes on Billy Gunn!

Commercial Break

Rene Dupree vs. Billy Gunn w/ Hardcore Holly

Dupree came out, as usual in his blue robe and waving around the French flag. Fellow veteran and tag team partner Hardcore Holly accompanied Billy Gunn to the ring. Gunn and Dupree locked up, and then separated. Dupree stepped back and did his ‘outrageous French dance’ to a chorus of boos before they locked up again, and Dupree locked Gunn in a headlock. Gunn pushed Dupree to the ropes, but he was knocked to the mat when Dupree hit him with a shoulder block. Dupree again did his ‘outrageous French dance’ while standing over Billy Gunn, who grabbed a hold of him and rolled him into a small package for a two count. Gunn and Dupree exchanged periods when they were in control, with Gunn getting more offence in out of the two. The closing moments of the match saw Billy Gunn in firm control until his attempted jackhammer was thwarted when Rene Dupree rolled through on the pin for a two count! Dupree then quickly picked up Gunn and delivered the Au Revoir (modified Michinoku Driver) and made the pin…1…2…3!

Winner: Rene Dupree

76%

72%

80%

DeMott: Wow! That win came out of nowhere!

Matthews: Well I guess it’s just that sort of night. All the matches have ended like that; nobody expected anybody to win how they did.

DeMott: Without a doubt, ‘the Turning Point’ here was Billy Gunn’s attempt to hit that brainbuster slam of his and as soon as Dupree rolled through it, there was a distinct possibility of Dupree picking up the win.

Matthews: Well that’s all we have time for tonight, tune in Thursday for SmackDown, later days!

Overall Rating: 57%

TV Rating: 4.27

Sunday Night Heat

30th May 2004

Our hosts for the night are Jim Cornette and Al Snow

Maven d. John Heidenreich

Both are faces but Maven was playing more of the face roll. The crowd didn’t seem to like Heidenreich as much since he was last on television since after he wrestled someone they often disappeared for a few weeks (namely Steven Richards), many critics wish he’d wrestle himself, the match would suck, but he’d probably injure himself so it balances out. Maven was being dominated early on by Heidenreich before Maven hit an explosive dropkick and finished off with a Standing Tornado DDT.

( 50/49/64 )

Raw Recap

[The screen changes showing a logo in the bottom saying “ During The Break ” it is still at the moment and shows Kane walking down a corridor. It comes to life and he is infact walking down the corridor when he is stopped by Eric Bischoff.]

Eric Bischoff: “ Dammit Kane, this charade has gone on long enough and it ends on June 27th, I don’t care if either of you win my tournament you will fight at Bad Blood. Kane vs. Matt Hardy, one on one…in a…a…dammit, a fifteen foot high steel cage. ”

[Kane smiles slightly, although it’s a frightening smile non the less. However he grunts as he rolls his eyes upwards, Bischoff looks at him and backs off before walking away, looking back frequently but Kane just stands their laughing and we go back to the commentators.]

( 83 )

The Hurricane d. Chad Collyer

Chad Collyer played a heel, got a little heat by shouting at the fans on the way to the ring. The crowd were always going to be behind the Super Hero whose trainee was not at Heat today, good riddance. A good technical encounter from the two and Collyer was doing his best to impress the road agents in the back to see if he could be signed on permanently. Hurricane went for the chokeslam but failed, however he came back with a superkick to the jaw of Collyer followed by a nice 450 splash off the top, 1-2-3. Good match but you could see right through Collyer that he was trying too hard.

( 67/59/92 )

Screw The Reflection Of Perfection!

Some hyperactive, money style music picks up as Jonathon Coachman walks out to the ring getting some boos from the crowd, in tow are Garrison Cade & Test, the trio saunter to the ring with Coach wearing black pants, white long shirt and shades and bandana. Test and Cade are ready for action and don’t seem as “happy” as Coach.

Jonathon Coachman: “ My two clients here have something they want me to say and that’s this; SCREW THE REFLECTION OF PERFECTION! Kurt Angle had Jindrak on SmackDown! But didn’t want to have Garrison Cade come either? What the hell is Kurt on, smack? Look at this physical specimen in Garrison Cade, this is more than anything Mark Jindrak could have and we all know how much of a tag team wrestle Garrison Cade is, so let me introduce to you, Test! Cade has moved on everyone, he’s past Mark Jindrak, Jindrak has Teddy Long humping his leg but soon Test and Cade will have tag team gold around their waist and Mark Jindrak will have nada, because he is on the inferior brand. Bring out those two suckers who are gonna get pummelled. ”

( 63 )

Test & Garrison Cade w/ Jonathon Coachman d. Johnny Jeter & Brent Albright

The duo showed potential despite getting much offence in as the purpose was to make Test & Cade look good. The duo sold everything well but Test and Cade both performed well too. Cade took Jeter down with a dropkick and Albright got a big boot as the two set up for their double team, Brent Albright got a powerbomb with his neck hitting Cade’s knee and snapping forward quickly. That was enough for the win but to put some salt on the wounds Test picked up Albright and took him for a Test Drive. Cade ensured Jeter didn’t break up the pin and the 3 count was inevitable. After the match Test and Cade gave Jeter a Full Nelson Driver Dropkick in which Cade dropkicks the opponent which sends them over and Tests nails them with a Full Nelson Driver, which is a German Suplex like move but in a Full Nelson position. Coachman celebrated with his clients afterwards and the screen faded to black.

( 54 / 52 / 71)

Overall Rating: 51

Nielsen Rating: 4.40

Rob Van Dam tears calf, out for 9 months

Rob Van Dam tore his left calf muscle in a match with Mark Jindrak over the weekend during a SmackDown! house show.

Van Dam was attempting a martial arts kick off the top rope and landed awkwardly. This is the same move that ended Sid Vicious' wrestling career when he broke his leg.

Van Dam still finished the match despite being in a lot of pain, as Jindrak rolled him up for the win.

This leaves the ranks of SmackDown even thinner then they were before, leaving them with only four legitimate main eventers (if you count Bradshaw!), and one of those, the Undertaker only wrestles part time.

Van Dam was said to be in line for a major push within the next month or two, possibly culiminating in a program with either John "Bradshaw" Layfield or Eddie Guerrero over the WWE championship.

user posted image

Monday Night Raw Preview

31st May 2004

THE CHALLENGE CONTINUES

Last week on Raw we saw Randy Orton, Christian, Rhyno and Edge all move closer to realising that dream as they took two points from a possible two to advance to the Triple Threat at Bad Blood for the World Title match. They scored victories over Kane, Triple H, Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho respectively with Randy Orton retaining his title in the process. Once again the tournament matches resume this time Shawn Michaels faces Tajiri in Block C, Michaels returned to Raw last week in the Battle Royal when he wanted a piece of Triple H, tonight he’s focussing on getting that title back and needs to make sure he doesn’t underestimate Tajiri.

Also in action Ric Flair fights Test in Block C too, Test recently partnered with Garrison Cade and Jonathon Coachman, will they play a factor tonight, and Ric Flair is one quartet of Evolution who already have Batista in the World Title match come Bad Blood! Scott Steiner faces Batista, Batista will still want to win this competition so it’s a one on one match at Bad Blood, not a triple threat and finally Shelton Benjamin faces A-Train. A-Train was brought here with Chuck Palumbo in a part exchange deal while Benjamin was drafted in the lottery, since Benjamin has become a major force on Raw but A-Train shouldn’t be taken lightly.

World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit will be in tag team action when he teams up with Edge to defend their tag team titles against Rob Conway and Sylvan Grenier. Sylvan Grenier proved his worth on Raw last week when he made it to the final four in the battle royal only to be eliminated by Garrison Cade. Conway’s fortune was much different when after a struggle he was eliminated by Chris Jericho, seventh and Edge was eliminated by the man who went onto win the Battle Royal, Batista. However Triple H and Randy Orton also helped. However tonight it’s not a Battle Royal it’s a tag team title match, and all four wrestlers best realise that.

Randy Orton must defend his title once again this week in a ladder match the reigning Intercontinental Champion puts his title on the line against Rhyno, who finished runner up in the Battle Royal match, Eric Bischoff just “forgot” to mention that the runner up gets an Intercontinental Title shot but Rhyno read the paper work. Rhyno may not be one to climb a ladder, or even a turnbuckle but he’ll certainly know how to use the ladder as a weapon, Randy Orton wasn’t too sure about this sort of match which was also in the contract but Orton is always up for a challenge, and this will certainly be more than a challenge for Randy Orton.

Confirmed Matches

[block C] Tajiri vs. Shawn Michaels

[block D] Batista vs. Scott Steiner

[block C] Ric Flair vs. Test

[block D] A-Train vs. Shelton Benjamin

[Tag Team Title Match] Chris Benoit & Edge © vs. La Resistance

[intercontinental Title Match] Randy Orton © vs. Rhyno

Edited by IAceI

user posted image

Monday Night Raw Results

31st May 2004

“ Move To The Music” plays on the speakers as a buzz goes around the crowd who look up for this Monday Night Raw. The pyrotechnics go off before the camera circles the arena before coming to a rest at the commentators table which is at the stage. Our hosts are, as always, ‘Good Ole’ Jim Ross, and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler who welcome us to Monday Night Raw.

Jim Ross: “ Hello everybody and welcome to Monday Night Raw, I‘m Jim Ross and always I’m seated next to the legend, Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler, hey King. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Thanks JR, welcome to Monday Night Raw the only place where you can see Evolution! ”

Jim Ross: “ Speak of the devil… ”

[Just as Lawler mentioned Evolution their music filled up the arena as did a lot of boos as the four men sauntered to the ring, there was no difference in formation and it didn’t seem like Batista was being treated as a number one contender back in the Evolution locker room. Triple H wore a dark suit, the rest in their wrestling attire as they would all be in action tonight. All four members climb into the ring and Triple H takes a microphone.]

Triple H: “ Just because Batista won the Battle Royal, doesn’t change a thing. ”

[Triple H takes the microphone away from his lips as the crowd mock him with “You Tapped Out” chants.]

Triple H: “ You seem to refer to Evolution as one man nowadays, me. I mean be the leader of Evolution because I’m the best damn wrestler today but every wrestler has a stumbling block, it just so happened my stumbling block came on the 24th May 2004. That’s all. I lost. I got cheated, but I’ll move on. Let me tell you lot something I’m still going to win the Eric Bischoff Challenge and when I get to Bad Blood, I’ll be taking that title back with me. ”

[The camera occasionally focuses on Batista who looks a little disgruntled by Triple H’s comments.]

Triple H: “ Evolution is a team. And we were a team in that Battle Royal, all four of us couldn’t win the match but if we hadn’t come in as a team, one of us might not of won. We might have been eliminating each other last week. We’re a team, one hand washes the other. So I think that a round of applause deserves to go to Dave Batista for winning that Battle Royal last week. ”

[Evolution, and King, are the only ones clapping, the fans all boo which has Batista start shouting at the crowd “ I won it! I won the match! Not you! ” was what he shouted at the fans until Ric Flair and Randy Orton calmed him down.]

Triple H: “ You continually boo us but haven’t you realised that by booing us you’ve only got us more motivated for a task ahead? Who knows, if you didn’t say anything at all we might not be the best damn team in the WWE today. Evolution have a member in every different group of the Eric Bischoff challenge which gives us good odds of someone in Evolution getting to the final, and if Evolution win the final, then the odds are stacked against Chris Benoit. We don’t plan what will happen ahead, we wait for it to happen, then when we get to that hurdle, then we jump. But Chris, I think it’s only fair to warn you that at Bad Blood, I will walk out World Heavyweight Champion because I am the game and I am…that…damn…good! ”

[Evolution’s them plays once more and the quartet of superstars climb out of the ring and leave to the back.]

Jerry Lawler: “ What a fabulous speech by Triple H there and see, he gave Batista his due! Batista done well and Triple H was man enough to applaud him for that! ”

Jim Ross: “ Moving on, Shawn Michaels makes his return to singles action after this short commercial break. He takes Tajiri on in the Eric Bischoff challenge. ”

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Jim Ross: “ Hello everybody and welcome back to Monday Night Raw, already in the ring is the Japanese Buzzsaw and we await the arrival of the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels. ”

[“ Ooh, ooh, ya think I’m cute, I know I’m sexy. ” can be heard and the crowd erupt as Michaels comes down the ramp before posing as his pyrotechnics shoot off.]

Shawn Michaels d. Tajiri

Shawn Michaels slides in and goes face to face with Tajiri before backing off a bit, the bell rings and the two lock up. Tajiri uses his educated feet and kicks Michaels in the ribs before the two release the lock up. Tajiri keeps his usual stance as he circles the ring, Michaels seems a little bit more relaxed. The two lock up and Tajiri takes Michaels wrist and wrenches it round once, Tajiri kicks Michaels in the chest twice but Michaels does a forward roll and then wrenches Tajiri’s arm round. Michaels delivers a few kicks of his own before Tajiri does a forward roll. Michaels lets go as Tajiri runs off the ropes, he ducks an elbow from Michaels and Michaels turns round into a running dropkick from Tajiri. Tajiri gets up and pulls Michaels to his feet too, Tajiri takes Michaels left leg and delivers a Dragon Screw, but holds onto the leg, Tajiri turns Michaels over onto his stomach, half boston crab! Michaels sucks the fans in, in his attempt to reach the ropes and when he finally slings an arm over the bottom rope the fans are electric. Michaels ducks a right hand and delivers a few of his own sending Tajiri into the ropes, he whips him and Tajiri goes for the handspring elbow but Michaels kicks him in the back and covers, one…two…kickout.

Michaels continues to pile on the pressure as he mounts Tajiri and opens up with some right hands, Tajiri manages to poke him in the eye which gets Michaels off of him but Michaels comes back for more and delivers some vicious stomps. Tajiri scurries to the turnbuckle where Michaels just wraps his hands around Tajiri’s throat and begins choking him! The referee forces Michaels to let go of the hold as Tajiri sticks half his body out of the ring and catches his breath. Michaels walks over and goes to pull him back into the ring, Tajiri turns green mist! Shawn Michaels staggers back, straight into the referee knocking him down! Tajiri kneels down to pick up Michaels but is met with a flurry of right hands, Michaels nips up, his face covered in green mist, as he takes it to Tajiri knocking him down with a clothesline. The fans, however, are drawn to the entranceway where Triple H, still dressed in his tuxedo, makes his way to the ring, steel chair in hand. Triple H slides in the ring and goes face to face with Michaels, Triple H takes a step back and raises the chair slightly…then turns round and cracks it over Tajiri’s head! The crowd are confused to say the least, Triple H turns round and Michaels superkicks the chair into Triple H’s face. The crowd cheer wildly as Triple H rolls out the ring, Michaels covers Tajiri as the referee comes to shortly after…one…two…three. Michaels wins, Michaels wins! Triple H gets up with a look of rage on his face, he contemplates climbing back into the ring but decides against it. Michaels is left to celebrate in his dubious victory.

Jim Ross: “ Shawn Michaels does it! Shawn Michaels wins it! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Thanks to down right cheating, JR! He used that chair as a weapon! ”

Jim Ross: “ Triple H stuck his nose in where it didn’t belong, he brought that chair into the ring! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Triple H done him a favour, Triple H could have shook his hand for all we know but we won’t find out now because Shawn Michaels is so ignorant! ”

[“ I’m back… ” can be heard around the arena as Triple H is retreating, Michaels stands in the ring as Eric Bischoff comes out onto the stage wearing one of his enormous grins, he holds a microphone in one hand and the music quickly dies down, unlike the boos.]

Eric Bischoff: “ Enough! I’ve had it with you two. You two are at a boiling point and this feud is threatening to tear through Raw and if that happens SmackDown! May become the superior brand, and I can’t afford that to happen! Bad Blood is where it ends, it all ends their! It will be Triple H…vs. …Shawn Michaels………HELL IN A CELL!!! ”

[The crowd erupt into loud cheers as Triple H stars on in disbelief, however Michaels seems much happier about the decision, how anyone can be happy when they will fight in a 20 roofed cell is beyond me but he is and it will all go down June 27th…Bad Blood!]

Jim Ross: “ Wow! Hell in a cell, King! Triple H, Shawn Michaels, in a cell! This is unbelievable! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Yeah JR, but isn’t Kane vs. Matt Hardy going to be a cage match? How will it work!? ”

Jim Ross: “ I don’t know King, frankly, I don’t care, Hell in a cell, Triple H, HBK, June 27th! Bad Blood! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Hold on JR, I’ve just been told something’s going on in the back, we’ll have to take a look. ”

[We cut backstage where we see a black limousine, a blood curdling scream can be heard as the camera shows Kane with his hand around Lita’s face. The crowd boo loudly as Kane opens up the boot of the car and bundles Lita in, he closes the boot as Lita can be heard shouting for Matt. Kane climbs in the drivers seat and roars the engine into life before speeding off into the night, Matt is nowhere to be seen.]

Jim Ross: “ Dammit, that sick bastard! That sick, twisted, bastard just bundled Lita into the boot of a limo and drove off, who knows what that deranged psycho is going to do to Lita! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Where’s Matt Hardy though JR? Is he in the arena? ”

Jim Ross: “ I don’t know King, I know he’s in the arena but I don’t know where he is now. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Well we must move on to the next match, which will be the World Heavyweight Number One Contender, Batista, taking on Scott Steiner in Group D of the Eric Bischoff challenge. ”

[The sirens can be heard through the arena as the crowd begin to boo, Scott Steiner is making his return to the ring following a lengthy injury.]

Batista d. Scott Steiner

Batista seems like a different person as he quickly takes down Steiner with a strong clothesline, Steiner is a little taken aback as he stands up, he clotheslines Batista back sending Batista to the mat. Batista gets up and goes face to face with Steiner who takes a step back, spreads his arms out and flexes them. Batista flares his nostrils and kicks him in the gut sharply, Batista takes Steiner down to his knees with a clubbing shot to the back. Batista knees Steiner in the side of the head sending him down all fours, Batista then presses his boot against Steiner’s head and thrusts his leg straight as Steiner collapses on the mat. Batista pulls him up to his feet and knees him in the abdominal area, Steiner clasps the area with his hands as he leans forward, Batista runs off the adjacent ropes and comes back with a stiff kick to the head of Steiner, knocking him down once more. We got to a commercial as Batista has mounted Steiner and giving him punches to the face.

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

We return and Batista is still in control, his Irish whip is reversed and Steiner back drops him to the mat. Steiner turns round and picks up Batista who looks a little shocked from the sudden move. Steiner puts him in the turnbuckle and three chops light up Batista’s chest. Steiner then throws Batista into the opposite turnbuckle and follows up with a clothesline, Batista stumbles out and Steiner turns, delivering a crushing blow to the upper back of Batista which takes the number one contender to his knees. Steiner pulls him up to his feet and manages to press him above his head before dropping him flat on his stomach. Batista sits on his knees and holds his stomach, Big Poppa Pump pulls him up to his feet and stuffs him between his legs, in a pedigree position. It looks like he’s going for a butterfly powerbomb but Batista back drops Steiner. Steiner quickly gets up but runs into a clothesline from Batista who lets out a spine tingling scream. Batista waits for Steiner to get up before kicking him in the gut and delivering a sit out powerbomb! One…two…three! Batista picks up the victory. The number one contender gets to his feet and stomps Steiner and then kicks him out of the ring when Heavyweight champion Chris Benoit storms down to the ring. The crowd are electric as the two slug it out, Benoit blocks a right punch attempt and takes Batista down for a crossface, Batista quickly squirms free and bails from the ring before backing off up the ramp.

Jim Ross: “ The world heavyweight champion sending a message to the number one contender Batista! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ What brilliance from Batista, he got out of the ring, he was saving himself, he didn’t have to fight Benoit now, that wouldn’t be a good game plan. ”

Jim Ross: “ Something tells me it wasn’t a game plan and Batista was running scared King. Batista didn’t want a piece of Benoit tonight because he didn’t have the rest of Evolution with him. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Like I said JR, a game plan. The game plan being, don‘t upset the champ or you‘ll have Trips the deal with! ”

Jim Ross: “ Trips!? ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Yeah, Triple H, only his friends and family can call him that, much like Naitch. ”

Jim Ross: “ Yeah, yeah. Don’t forget folks, Ric Flair and Randy Orton will still be in action tonight as well as Shelton Benjamin and Chris Benoit and Edge defend their tag team titles against La Resistance. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Up next is Shelton Benjamin vs. A-Train, JR, but first lets go see what’s happening backstage! Remember, Lita has already been kidnapped tonight, what else could happen!?

[We go backstage when we here a knock at Eric Bischoff’s door, before Bischoff can say anything Matt Hardy bursts into the office, Bischoff looks at him but Matt doesn’t seem to care.]

Matt Hardy: “ Dammit Bischoff, I want Kane, and I want him tonight!! ”

Eric Bischoff: “ Woah, woah, woah Matt. First off, who the hell do you think you are, don’t even think about coming here before I say come in, got that? Second off, Kane isn’t here anymore, you saw what happened, so I’ll cut you a deal, presuming Kane comes back…with Lita…alive. This is what will happen next week, it will be Matt Hardy, Lita and Edge, vs. Kane…Jazz…and…Rodney Mack!! How does that sound, Matt? ”

[Matt doesn’t know what to make of it at first, before he smiles and slowly walks backwards.]

Matt Hardy: “ Yeah, I like that, and I’ll mutilate Kane even more at Bad Blood…if he gets that far! ”

[Matt turns and leaves through the office door, leaving Eric Bischoff smiling as we move back to the announcers table.]

Jim Ross: “ Well not only will it be Matt Hardy vs. Kane at Bad Blood in a steel cage, but right here, next week we will see Matt Hardy, Lita and Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane and the returning of both Jazz and that animal, Rodney Mack! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ I have to feel sorry for Matt, Lita and Edge, those three are all animals JR, animals who mutilate their opponents, and will all this pent up anger inside of Jazz and Rodney Mack, I have a feeling all hell will break loose. ”

Jim Ross: “ Shelton Benjamin is in action next when he takes A-Train who came here in a trade with Chuck Palumbo from SmackDown! ”

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Shelton Benjamin d. A-Train

We return from the commercial break as Shelton Benjamin is mid way through his entrance, he walks down the ring do an occasional jump while he psyches himself up by slapping himself in the head. He gets into the ring when the bell can be heard, followed by aloud screeching noise as smoke raises from the sides of the stage. A-Train walks out, he raises his hands above his head and walks down to the ring, he climbs in, the bell rings as Benjamin runs and gets knocked down by A-Train. A-Train slowly pulls Benjamin to his feet and goes for an early de-railer but Benjamin kicks A-Train in the chest and is dropped on his feet. Benjamin kicks him in the gut and DDT’s him to the mat, much to the crowds approval. Benjamin covers but only gets a short two count but that doesn’t deter him and he continues to apply the pressure with some stomps, not allowing A-Train to catch his breath. A-Train slowly gets to his feet after pushing Benjamin away but Benjamin comes back with a dropkick sending A-Train off the ropes. A-Train comes back and Benjamin rolls him up, one, two, kickout again. Benjamin gets up, he doesn’t look frustrated at all. He misses with a standing leg drop as A-Train moves out of the way.

A-Train gets up and runs at Benjamin, nailing him with a bicycle kick. Benjamin flies backwards into the turnbuckle and A-Train follows up with a big, big clothesline, Benjamin comes off the ground and collapses in the corner as A-Train chokes him with his foot. A-Train backs off and then runs and nails Benjamin with a knee into the turnbuckle. The crowd let out an “ooh” as A-Train pulls Benjamin to his feet, the referee tries to see if Benjamin is okay but A-Train just sends Benjamin shoulder first into the steel ring post! Benjamin continues going and falls to the apron and then onto the floor, holding his shoulder in pain. A-Train tries to go to the outside but the referee stops him, A-Train pushes him gently aside and climbs out anyways, he picks up Benjamin and sends him shoulder first into the ring steps before rolling him back into the ring. A-Train covers, but only gets two. Following the pin A-Train looks deeply frustrated, he pulls Benjamin up and Benjamin goes for a kick, A-Train catches his foot and smiles, as does Benjamin! Benjamin spins around and nails the dragon whip to the side of A-Train’s face! Benjamin collapses onto A-Train as the referee counts, seconds later he calls for the ring bell, Benjamin wins! After the match A-Train rolls to the outside as Benjamin celebrates. The second half of the part exchange makes his way to the ring, the stern Chuck Palumbo, who slides into the ring behind Benjamin, he turns him round and levels him with a right hand knocking him down. The referee tries to stop him but gets pie faced to the mat, Benjamin is brought to his feet by Palumbo stands Benjamin straight, and does the D-Von crucifix with his hand before kicking Benjamin in the stomach, and delivering a massive powerbomb. Palumbo puts his hands in the prayer position and looks to the sky.

Jim Ross: “ What’s with Palumbo? Don’t forget, Palumbo came here from SmackDown! Along with A-Train in a part exchange deal, now, is this an alliance, of was it all just a coincidence? ”

Jerry Lawler: “ I don’t think this new side to Palumbo wants to have friends JR, it looks like he’s a one man wrecking machine, did you just see what he done to Shelton Benjamin? ”

Jim Ross: “ I certainly did King and you’re right, Palumbo isn’t one to have friends by the looks of it. But why is he like this? Why has he changed? We need an explanation. ”

[A loud boom can be heard around the arena, the words; “gods gift” appear on the titantron in white writing. The lights have dimmed as a man wearing white pants, and a white button up shirt, but the buttons are undone. He has dark black hair, and a trimmed black beard. The man saunters to the ring, keeping his head held high. He climbs up the steps and gets into the ring, he takes a microphone.]

Man: “ What you have just witnessed, is the new path of destruction that this man will cause upon Raw! SmackDown! Were foolish to get rid of such a talent, but maybe it was for the better. When he was brought here he found his inner self, he found his real persona. He had a meeting with God, and God sent him here as the saviour of wrestling. He is God’s gift. This man right here can do what he just done, to anyone and I mean anyone…he can strike at anytime! It could be now. It could be me as his second victim. But it’s not, because I will help Chuck prosper and become a champion, a true champion. You see, I’m a true manager, I don’t just speak for my client, I help my client and that’s why my client will go one on one next week with…Shelton Benjamin! As far as Benjamin’s concerned he better get prepared for the second coming and as far as you’re all concerned, my name…Jonah Masters. Chuck Palumbo’s accomplice and manager. ”

[Jonah takes Chuck Palumbo’s wrist and raises it as the two look up at the ceiling, as if God is looking back at them.]

Jerry Lawler: “ This is getting weird! ”

Jim Ross: “ Um, we’ll be right back after this short commercial break! ”

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Jim Ross: “ Hello and welcome back to Monday Night Raw, already tonight Shawn Michaels, Batista and Shelton Benjamin have all won with only one more Eric Bischoff Challenge match to go and that is Ric Flair taking on Test and also the Tag Team Titles will be on the line as will the Intercontinental Title which will be on the line in a Ladder Match! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Well Evolution are already one from three tonight, I’m sure that’ll be three from three by the end of the night. ”

Jim Ross: “ Well, we’ll just have to wait and see won’t we? Also next week, not only will it be Chuck Palumbo vs. Shelton Benjamin but it’ll also be Matt Hardy, Lita and Edge vs. Kane, Jazz and Rodney Mack, in what could be a great match or a mutilation of three men. We’ll have to wait and see. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Well JR my instincts tell me it’s going to be the latter, a mutilation. ”

Jim Ross: “ It may very well be, but up next, Evolution look to go two from two when Ric Flair takes on Test in tonight’s final Eric Bischoff Challenge match. ”

[Evolution’s music fills up the arena and the crowd are quick to react with loud boos as Ric Flair makes his way to the ring, on his own, much like Batista was earlier on tonight. Tests music then fills the air, the crowd still boo but nowhere near give as much heat as Ric Flair. Wait, here come Garrison Cade and Jonathon Coachman. Coach joins King and JR at the announcers table while Garrison Cade walks behind Test, telling him to keep focussed.]

Ric Flair d. Test w/ Garrison Cade

Test climbed into the ring and wasted little time going to work on Ric Flair with a clubbing blow to the back of Flair making him keel over. Test grabs his chin and lifts him before placing a few right hands to the face of Flair who backs up into the turnbuckle. Test chokes him with his bare hands and the referee manages to get between the two and separate them, Flair leans forward and pokes Test in the eye, but it goes undetected by the referee. Ric Flair climbs to the third rope but like every other time he goes up top it ends the same, Test turns round and throws Flair off the top rope and onto the canvas. Flair arches his back in pain as Test keeps on the offensive by stomping the legend. Cade applauds at ringside and turns round telling the crowd to applaud too, but gets booed. Coach continues to put Test and Cade over like gold, barely allowing King and JR to get a word in. Test pulls up Flair but gets chopped across the chest, Test chops him back getting the “ ooh’s ” going from the crowd. Eventually Flair comes out with a flurry of knife edge chops and Test staggers back into the ropes, Flair whips him off the ropes but it’s reversed and on the rebound Test back body drops Flair, ending the momentum and Cade applauds again. Test goes over to him and grabs his hair but Flair pokes him in the eye, the referee warns him but Flair now has the advantage and he clotheslines down Test. He begs Test to get back up and takes him down with another clothesline when he does.

Cade tries to cheer on Test but it doesn’t seem to work as Flair is taking it to Test with every trick in the book, he uses blatant chokeholds in front of the referee, but as long as he lets go before 5 he’s okay. Flair goes over to the turnbuckle and starts to undo the top turnbuckle pad. Cade hops onto the apron but is knocked down with a right hand, he hit’s the apron and then falls to the matting below. Flair rips the pad off and throws it outside before going back over to Test. Flair pushes the referee aside and picks up Test, he whips him towards the exposed turnbuckle but Flair puts on the breaks. Flair turns round and just manages to dodge Test who goes for an avalanche type move but lands on the steel turnbuckle! Test staggers backwards before collapsing near the ropes, Flair covers and the referee counts, one…Cade puts Test’s foot on the rope, two…th-, the referee sees the foot on the rope and informs Flair. Flair looks up and points at Cade who innocently raises his arms, even though he’s guilty. Flair picks up Test but Test comes back with a shot to the gut, and again, Flair pokes him in the eye once more to end the momentum shift. Flair grabs Test and throws him into the turnbuckle opposite the exposed one. Flair whips Test across the ring and Test’s back crashes into the steel turnbuckle. He holds his back as Flair comes over and delivers a snake eye’s to Test onto the turnbuckle, Test remains standing, despite staggering, but Flair rolls him up and gets the three, the handful of tights was oblivious to the referee. Cade slides in the ring but Flair quickly bails and leaves to the back as Cade checks on his partner who is holding his face.

Jim Ross: “ Well you’re right King, they’re two from two, despite Flair cheating left, right and centre but it’s down to Randy Orton to complete the trifecta for Evolution. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Oh course I’m right JR, I’m always right and I’m right in saying that Randy Orton will walk out of here as Intercontinental Champion! ”

Jim Ross: “ Well, we have no time to breathe now because we have two more matches to get through, both title matches and here’s the first of them! It’s the tag team title match, Chris Benoit and Edge defend their titles against La Resistance, Sylvan Grenier and the French synthesiser, Rob Conway! ”

Tag Team Title Match

Chris Benoit & Edge © d. La Resistance

Edge and Conway start out with a quick exchange of technical holds, Conway gets the better of Edge with some of his great chain wrestling and quickly isolates Edge in the La Resistance corner. It quickly becomes obvious that Edge will be the sacrificial lamb for the champions as Conway tags out to Grenier who comes in with some stomps to one half of the Tag Team Champions, he applies an arm bar to the left arm of Edge and uses his free arm to tag out to Conway. He holds it in place as Conway comes in and kicks Edge in the shoulder area and King applauds the way they single out the arm, and keep each other fresh. Conway pulls Edge up to his feet but gets a right hand in the face for his troubles, Conway comes back with a right of his own and elbows Edge in the face. Edge turns away and Grenier takes him down with a right hand. The referee warns Grenier but it doesn’t stop La Resistance as they continue to single out the left shoulder of Edge and keep each other fresh. The crowd seem quite dead at the moment as they just watch Sylvan Grenier and Rob Conway to take it in turns to beat up Edge. JR informs us that they’re going to a commercial break, the penultimate of the night.

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

When we return nothing has changed, La Resistance have got a few near falls, all of which Edge kicked out of showing his resilience and passion for the title he currently holds. La Resistance get a little hot under the collar because of Edge’s passion and JR asks if they just expected Edge to lie down, which they probably did. Conway, currently the legal man delivers a shoulder buster to Edge and they continually work on that left shoulder of Edge. Conway tags out to Grenier who comes in and delivers a few stomps, Benoit climbs with both feet on the second rope, yet to enter the ring and begins clapping, the crowd soon join in and Grenier looks around nervously as the crowd become alive. He holds Edge in the arm bar and it looks like Edge could be out, the referee checks. The arm is raised, and falls. It falls again. It fall- no, Edge is still in their. The adrenaline begins to flow as Edge elbows out of the hold, Grenier lets go and Edge tries to kick him, his foot is caught though, enziguri!! The crowd roar as both men collapse on the floor, Edge crawls, he’s almost there, nearly…Grenier makes the tag to Conway. Conway comes in and charges down Edge, nearly their…Conway drops an elbow…but Edge makes it! The roof comes off the arena as Benoit enters and unloads right hands on Conway and knocks him down. Conway gets up but goes down to a clothesline/shove type move. Grenier runs but gets took down, crossface. Grenier taps, but he’s not the legal man! Benoit releases as Conway waits behind him, Conway goes for a clothesline, but he gets took down too! Crossface! Tap…tap………tap! They’ve done it! Chris Benoit and Edge have retained their tag team titles! After the match the two high five and raise arms as Edge is still favouring the left shoulder. La Resistance retreat up the ramp, discussing the match.

Jim Ross: “ Chris Benoit and Edge have done it, they’ve retained their titles when it looked like La Resistance would take home the titles but Benoit and Edge proved their worth and retained the titles! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ The lack of Evolution in that match sickens me, however speaking of Evolution, Randy Orton retains his title, next! ”

Jim Ross: “ Lack of Evolution, three quarters of them wrestled or are going to wrestle tonight, how is there a lack of Evolution? And I wouldn’t underestimate Rhyno, Rhyno is as hardcore as they come and not only can they use a ladder, anything is legal, for all we know chairs and tables could come involved and it’ll turn into a TLC match! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Anywhere, anytime, anyplace, the outcome will always be the same, Randy Orton will always win! ”

Jim Ross: “ I don’t necessarily agree but Randy Orton is a superb performer, folks, we’re taking our last break of the night! ”

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Jim Ross: “ Welcome back to Monday Night Raw everyone! Already tonight, in the Eric Bischoff Challenge, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Batista and Shelton Benjamin all picked up two points, Chris Benoit and Edge retained their tag team titles against La Resistance and in a few moments time, Randy Orton defends his Intercontinental Title against Rhyno, in a ladder match! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Correction JR, Randy Orton retains his title against Rhyno, in a ladder match. ”

Jim Ross: “ …Could your head be any further up Evolution’s ass? Folks, Rhyno got this opportunity last week when he came runner up in the 20 Man Battle Royal, Eric Bischoff just “forgot” to mention that the runner up gets an Intercontinental Title shot. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ But who won it JR? Who won the Battle Royal? Could it be Batista? From Evolution? I think so, I support Evolution because someone needs to, everyone is jealous of their brilliance, I am not. ”

Intercontinental Title Ladder Match

Rhyno d. Randy Orton ©

Rhyno comes out first, he walks around the ladder, looking at it as he does so. He climbs into the ring and the crowd cheer as he beats his chest and taunts. Evolution’s music starts and Randy Orton comes out without his title as it is suspended 20 foot in the air. Orton gets to the ladder and walks underneath it, smiling as he does so. Orton gets to the ring and raises his arms in the air before sliding in. The two go face to face with Randy Orton shoving Rhyno back. Rhyno shoves him back and Orton retaliates with a barrage of right hands. Rhyno steps backwards taking all the right hands on the chin…literally. Rhyno manages to block one and comes back with his own right hands before taking down Orton with a clothesline. Rhyno waits as Orton gets up and he gets the same treatment once more. Rhyno goes outside and closes the ladder up, he picks it up and walks to the ring but Randy Orton comes off the ropes and baseball slides it into Rhyno’s face. Rhyno falls to the ground, dropping the ladder beside him in the process. Orton rolls out of the ring and stomps Rhyno in the chest before picking him up. Orton whips him into the guardrail and picks up the ladder, he slides it in the ring and walks away with half the ladder sticking out over the apron. Orton nails Rhyno with some right hands and pulls him off the guardrail, he leads him to the ringside. He pushes him into the ring and Rhyno slowly gets up, Orton slides in afterwards and pulls Rhyno up but Rhyno kicks him in the gut, it looked like a stiff shot as Orton goes to his hands and knees, right above the ladder. Rhyno slides to the outside and then jumps up and pushes down with his hands on the ladder sending it flying upwards and cracking Orton in the ribs. Orton shoots up into the air and falls down on the ladder before rolling off, holding his ribs in pain. The crowd cheer as Rhyno seems to be in control of the match, he pulls the ladder right into the ring and places it in the turnbuckle, Rhyno punches Randy Orton and pulls him up to his feet. Rhyno throws Orton into the opposite turnbuckle, he nails Orton a few times to keep him soft before throwing Orton across the ring, Orton puts on the breaks though and rolls out the way, however Rhyno didn’t follow up.

Orton gets to his feet and turns around, Rhyno is in his gore stance and charges, but Orton moves and throws Rhyno into the ladder! Rhyno staggers backwards a little and falls to the mat holding his shoulder, face first. Orton puts his hands on his back and delivers some knees to the right shoulder. Rhyno rolls of the ring holding his shoulder, Orton follows and pushes Rhyno into the ring barrier, right side first. Rhyno slumps to the floor, holding his shoulder still but Orton picks him up and drops him rib first onto the guardrail. Rhyno switches to hold his ribs as Orton stomps him on the ground, before kicking him in the right shoulder. Rhyno is pulled up and thrown into the apron, Orton follows up, driving Rhyno into the apron. Orton pushes Rhyno into the ring and Orton slides in afterwards, Orton gets up and takes the ladder, he climbs the turnbuckle and crouches on the top, still holding the ladder. Rhyno gets up and turns round, Orton pushes the ladder at him and Rhyno instinctively catches it, before he can realise what happens Orton dropkicks the ladder and Rhyno is sent tumbling to the match. Orton picks up the ladder and sets it up, he begins climbing the ladder as the crowd boo loudly. His fingers brush the title, he needs to climb one more rung. He puts his foot on the next rung up, he reaches, but the ladder rocks, Rhyno pushes it over and Orton is sent flying off the ladder. Orton’s chin bounces off the exposed turnbuckle from earlier, and he falls to the ground in a heap. Rhyno pulls the ladder up from the ground, Orton lays his head against the middle turnbuckle. Rhyno picks up the ladder and rams it into Orton’s head! Orton’s head bounces back and he falls to the mat, Rhyno sets the ladder against the turnbuckle and backs into the opposite turnbuckle. Orton puts his hands on the ladder and pulls himself up, he turns round, swaying on his feet until Rhyno nails the gore, taking Orton off his feet and crashes into the ladder, he slumps forward and the ladder lands next to him. Rhyno picks up the ladder and sets it up in the middle of the ring, he slowly pulls himself up it, frequently looking at the title, he reaches up, but misses the title. He steps up a rung, his hands brush it, he then goes to the third from top rung, he grabs the title and tries to yank it free, the ladder begins to tip. Rhyno grabs the title, which is still attached to the hook as the ladder falls to the floor. Orton gets to his knees and looks up as Rhyno dangles, twenty feet in the air. Rhyno frantically unhooks the title and it comes off! Rhyno falls twenty feet in the air, title in hand, as he crashes to the floor. Rhyno has done it! Rhyno has ended Orton’s five month reign on the 31st of May, 2004! We have a new Intercontinental Champion!

Jim Ross: “ He’s done it! By God has he done it! Rhyno has defeated Randy Orton to become the new Intercontinental Champion! What a match, what a match, King!! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ I don’t believe it, he lost, they lost…we lost! Evolution lost! Randy Orton, lost! Rhyno defeated Randy Orton! But Orton didn’t lie down! ”

Jim Ross: “ Of course he didn’t lie down! Randy Orton jumped but Rhyno jumped higher, Rhyno went that extra mile and it paid off! Rhyno, is the new Intercontinental Champion!

Howard Finkel: “ Here is your winner, and neeeeeeeeeeeeeew Intercontinental champion… RHYNO!!!! ”

[The crowd cheer wildly as Rhyno looks at the title before raising it into the air!]

Jim Ross: “ Rhyno has done it! New Intercontinental champion, King! What a night, What a night!! From King and myself, good bye and thank you for watching Monday Night Raw! ”

[Rhyno is shown raising the title as the screen goes black and the WWE logo appears, before going black again.]

Edited by IAceI

user posted image

Monday Night Raw Review

31st May 2004

RAW REVIEW

Overall Rating: 72

Nielsen Rating: 6.08

Attendance: 6513

Evolution Interview [ 86 ]

Shawn Michaels d. Tajiri [ 76 / 69 / 83 ]

Eric Bischoff Makes HHH vs. HBK Hell In A Cell [ 76 ]

Kane Kidnaps Lita [ 73 ]

Batista d. Scott Steiner [ 67 / 57 / 77 ]

Eric Bischoff Makes Hardy, Lita & Edge vs. Kane, Jazz & Mack [ 64 ]

Shelton Benjamin d. A-Train [ 71 / 70 / 73 ]

Jonah Masters Interview [ 63 ]

Ric Flair d. Test w/ Garrison Cade [ 62 / 59 / 65 ]

Chris Benoit & Edge © d. La Resistance To Retain [ 74 / 73 / 76 ]

Rhyno d. Randy Orton © To Become Intercontinental Champion [ 76 / 77 / 75 ]

Match Of The Night Shawn Michaels d. Tajiri

Segment Of The Night Evolution Interview

NEWS AND RUMOURS

*For those wondering, Jonah Masters if Joel Gertner. Gertner has been with WWE for a few months now trying to redo his microphone work to fit the new gimmick, he’s doing very well but there is still room for improvement.

*Raw are supposedly in talks with several tag teams, this is a believable rumour however as the Raw Tag Division is pretty weak, with La Resistance, Hurricane & Rosey, Test & Cade as the three main tag teams. Benoit & Edge will probably split up once they lose the titles, and Evolution are all in the Eric Bischoff Challenge in different groups, so regular tagging may not work.

*Raw road agents are reportedly pleased with last nights main event in which Rhyno won the Intercontinental Title. It seems that the officials want Randy Orton to move on for now, maybe to bigger and better things. We will have to wait and see to find out what happens.

*Chris Benoit & Edge were scheduled to lose their tag team titles last night however they changed it at the last minute and will most likely keep them on Benoit & Edge until the Raw tag division is stronger. Officials feel that it wouldn’t work giving them to a regular tag team as the same matches would appear too often and thus they will be defended more sporadically with Benoit, World Champion and Edge fighting in the upper card regularly.

*Officials are contemplating making both Chuck Palumbo and Jonah Masters into a stable and expanding the Test, Garrison Cade & Jonathon Coachman stable. A likely candidate to be added to the Test, Cade and Coach one would be A-Train. Former tag team champions with Test and isn’t currently doing much since being traded from SmackDown! To Raw.

*As you may know Rodney Mack and Jazz have been given the nod to wrestle, however Christopher Nowinski still isn’t medically cleared but is having a fun time as he is currently in South Africa doing charity work. The money raised is split between the WWE and an Aid’s Charity. Expect to see Nowinski return towards the winter season.

*Expect to see a good push going to Chuck Palumbo now that he has changed gimmicks and has a manager, many people think Chuck Palumbo is mediocre however Mr. Harvey, the Head of the Raw booking team has high hopes for this wrestler and believes he shows potential. No one really knows what he’ll be doing, feuding with or anything yet and most people predict that this isn’t a feud with Shelton Benjamin and is just to establish Chuck by getting a win over someone the fans, and staff, hold in high regard.

*That’s it for now, we will see you again new week.

Edited by IAceI

Yeah, unfortunetly, WWE are very confused with title reign's. He won it at Armageddon, which was the 14th of December. It's only 5 and a half.

user posted image

SmackDown! Preview

SmackDown! General Manager Kurt Angle is set to make a big announcement this Thursday regarding the WWE championship match at the Great American Bash. Nobody knows what the announcement could be; but it could mean trouble for Eddie Guerrero if Angle's desperation to get the title away from him is any indication.

Angle also has a *special* opponent for Rey Mysterio, who is hot off the heels of a huge victory over John "Bradshaw" Layfield on last weeks SmackDown.

*Jeff Hardy vs. Jamie Noble*

Jeff made his return to WWE last week, and was inches away from defeating Chavo Guerrero for the Crusierweight title, but Chavo's father interefered, costing him the match. Jeff, it has been announced, will get a rematch against Chavo at the Great American Bash for the Cruiserweight title after the ending to the match on SmackDown. Jeff will have his hands full again this week as he goes up against a former Cruiserweight champino in Jamie Noble. Noble has been out of the spotlight for months, and is looking to get right back into the title hunt by killing any momentum Jeff Hardy may have!

*Hardcore Holly vs. Booker T*

Booker has been plauged by the Undertaker over the past few weeks, but the Dead Man has not shown his face since Judgment Day! Booker T seems to have realised this, and didn't look at all frightened last week when the Undertaker's music played. But he should be afraid of the veteren Hardcore Holly. Holly is afraid of no-one, and can do some serious damage to somebody who has his mind elsewhere!

*D-Von Dudley vs. Charlie Haas*

The Dudley Boyz won a no.1 contenders match this past week on SmackDown, and later in the night assaulted one-half of the Tag Team champions, Rico. This week, Rico's tag team partner Charlie Haas will take on D-Von. Both Rico and Bubba Ray Dudley are expected at ring-side, but Miss Jackie could well prove to be the wild card!

More matches are bound to be announced once SmackDown begins, and with the Great American Bash only a few weeks away, tensions are expected to be very high!

user posted image

Thursday 3rd June 2004

Announcers: Michael Cole and Tazz

Cole: Welcome to SmackDown! Torrie Wilson is set to face a surprise partner to be named by Kurt Angle later this evening, and if she is to lose, she would be fired from SmackDown! Who could this “mystery opponent” be Tazz?

Tazz: I dunno man, but knowing Kurt Angle, it could be ANYBODY.

Cole: Well, we might not have to wait any longer, as here comes our General Manager!

Luther wheeled Kurt Angle down to the ring where a ramp was set up for easy access to the ring. The rings nearest the ramp were removed as well.

Angle: Well, well. Last week’s main event had quite the shocking conclusion didn’t it? Wherever I went over the past week, I was being told how great Rey Mysterio is, and how he deserves a reward for his win. Do you know what I told them? I told them that Eddie Guerrero helped him win, so the win isn’t all that great after all is it? But they kept telling me that he was this and that, so you know what I did? I went home and thought about it and came to the conclusion that they were right. Hold on! They were only partially right! Rey Mysterio still cheated to win, but I think he does deserve something. And do you know what his prize is? His prize is a match tonight…against Matt Morgan!

Morgan’s music hit the speakers, and the 7” tall monster made his way out to the ring, and stood next to Luther Raines, behind Kurt Angle.

Angle: That’s right. Matt Morgan. I heard most of you booing that announcement. Don’t you think that is a suitable prize for Rey Mysterio? I do, because if he wins that, he will get the second part of his prize! And that is the chance to challenge for the WWE championship at the Great American Bash!

The crowd erupts with cheers as Angle looks around with a huge smirk across his face!

Angle: Hold up everyone! I’m not finished yet. I said a chance to challenge for the title. If he somehow manages to defeat Matt Morgan he will then team with Eddie Guerrero to face Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak…and John “Bradshaw” Layfield in a handicap tag team match! Even though Mr. Morgan here will probably destroy Mysterio in their match, the handicap match will STILL take place. If Mysterio wins his match, and if he and Eddie somehow miraculously win the handicap match, then and only then will Rey Mysterio get a shot at the WWE championship!

Just as Angle was about to tell Luther to get him out of the ring, Bradshaw’s music hit and the current no.1 contender came out to the top of the ramp.

JBL: Hey, what you doing Angle? I’m the no.1 contender…what are you doing giving that stupid bouncy-bean Rey Mysterio a shot?

Angle: Well, my reasoning is this Mr. Layfield. I have a duty to give the people what they want, and it seems that THIS is what they want. However, I don’t agree that he deserves it, so I’ve made the matches ton…

JBL: Wait a goddamn second there! You haven’t answered my question; if I’m the no.1 contender, how will Mysterio get the shot at the Great American Bash?

Angle: I’m glad you asked that, as if Mysterio does somehow win both matches tonight, the main event at the Great American Bash will be a triple-threat for the WWE championship! Don’t you worry, I have 100% confidence in you, and I believe that the one ‘Great American’ in this match will bring home the title! In fact, you have my backing.

Bradshaw nodded at Angle, as the General Manager’s music hit and Luther wheeled him out of the ring to the back.

Tazz: Wow! Kurt Angle is giving Rey Mysterio a shot at the WWE championship, and I for one agree that he deserves it!

Cole: Without a doubt he deserves it, but look what he has to go through to get there! First, a returning Matt Morgan and if he beats him, he and Eddie Guerrero have to defeat John “Bradshaw” Layfield, Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak!

Tazz: Okay, okay, it’s a tough task but he did technically cheat to win last week. And hey, with all due respect to Rey Mysterio, I really don’t think he’s going to do it.

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back, and up next is Jeff Hardy talking on Jamie Noble.

Tazz: Jeff returned last week to challenge Chavo Guerrero, but he lost! Granted Chavo Classic helped a ‘little’ bit…

Cole: Yeah right. He shoved him off the ropes and he landed in a, lets just say, uncomfortable position. I’ve just been told that Jeff Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero for the Cruiserweight title has been added to the Great American Bash card. Jeff spoke to Angle before we went on the air and DEMANDED a rematch. Kurt reluctantly accepted.

Tazz: It was great on SmackDown it’ll be great June 13th; probably better!

Jeff Hardy vs. Jamie Noble

Noble was wearing generic tights, a sign of how bad things have been for him since Nidia went to RAW, leaving him with nothing to do. The second Jeff’s music hit, every single teenage girl in attendance went crazy. Tazz said that he thinks he saw a group of girls pass out! Noble tried to go into a lock-up, but Jeff ducked under and hit a sideslam from behind. Jeff then hit standing senton splash, getting a two count in the process. Jeff was in firm control, more or less all the way throughout, until it came towards the end of the match. Jeff attempted to hit a missile dropkick off the top rope, but Noble sidestepped him! Jeff went crashing to the mat, and Noble wasted no time by grabbing Jeff and locking him in a modified figure four submission hold! Jeff struggled in the hold, and desperately reached out for the bottom rope, but couldn’t reach it. Jeff then gave up trying to reach, but instead tried to turn Noble’s own hold against him by turning over! Jeff slowly but surely managed it, and Noble had to release the hold. Noble was first to his feet, and was followed by the limping Jeff Hardy. Noble quickly kicked him in the stomach and set him up for the Tiger Driver! But Jeff managed to somehow toss Noble over his shoulders, and as Noble got up, he quickly kicked Noble in the mid-section and delivered his Twist of Fate! Jeff covered him…1…2…3!

Winner: Jeff Hardy

Jeff didn’t have anytime to celebrate though, as the Cruiserweight champion, Chavo Guerrero rushed out and attacked his Great American Bash challenger! Chavo Classic followed behind with the Cruiserweight title in hand, but handed it to his son as soon as he entered the ring, and picked up and held Jeff! Chavo geared up…and laid out Jeff Hardy with a belt shot to the head! Chavo looked down at his opponent, and shouted, “You are nothing! You are nothing!” before the Chavo’s headed to the back.

Cole: What a disgusting act by our Cruiserweight champion and his dad!

Tazz: Chavo seems a little frightened of the prospect of facing Jeff at the Great American Bash. I think he realises his title is in deep jeopardy!

The camera’s cut to the back where Kurt Angle was talking with Mark Jindrak and Theodore Long.

Long: So lemme get this straight playa; you want me and my client, the “Reflection of Perfection” Mark Jindrak to team with Matt Morgan and Johnny Layfield tonight? Is that what you’re asking me?

Angle: That’s correct Mr. Long. All that I need is a third man for tonight’s match, and I though, who better than the man who ended the career of Rob Van Dam…

Long: Oh he did that playa!

Angle: …who better than the man with the face of a god, and the body of Adonis…

Long: I’m feeling ya man!

Angle: …who better than Mark Jindrak?

Long: Well, in that case, you’ve got yourself a deal…on one condition!

Angle: Ok then, you name it.

Long: Well, I’ve got a couple of people who need themselves a job, a couple of my boys! They’re a great team, a totally unheard of pair who will go on to win themselves gold once they’re given a chance, you feeling me playa?

Angle: I think I am! Ok, I’ll give them a shot! How about, the SmackDown after the Great American Bash, your team gets a try-out match against the a hand-picked team How does that sound?

Long: Oh, I like the way you think! You’ve got the “Reflection of Perfection” in your match tonight!

Theodore Long shook Kurt Angle’s hand, before he and Mark Jindrak walked off.

Angle: Now, it’s time to announce Torrie Wilson’s opponent tonight. So, without any ado at all, Torrie Wilson’s opponent tonight is…the WWE United States champion, John Cena! Good luck Torrie! And just to let you know, the match is next!

Cole: Oh my. How can Kurt Angle do this? Doesn’t he have any conscience?

Tazz: Apparently not; this match is just wrong, even I’ll agree with that Cole!

Cole: I can tell you what though, John Cena has a conscience, and he will NOT partake in this match.

Commercial Break

Torrie Wilson came out first, and there were already tears in her eyes as she entered the ring. John Cena’s music hit and Cena came out to the ring and picked up a microphone.

Cena: Woah, woah! Listen up Kurt; there ain’t no way that I’m gonna even put my hands on Torrie, so, what I’m gonna do, is I’m gonna lay down and let Torrie pin me, coz I’m not a sick little bald man in a wheelchair like you are. So ref…ring the damn bell!

Cena dropped his mic and laid down. Torrie was about to cover him, but was interrupted when Kurt Angle’s music hit! The General Manager was then wheeled onto the stage by Luther and was followed by Rene Dupree!

Angle: What exactly do you think you’re doing Cena? No wait; I know what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to be all noble and all, and believe it or not, I can understand. You don’t want to see Torrie lose her job, so you’re willing to lose to a girl to let her keep it! Hey, I would do the same, so go ahead…let her pin you!

Cena lay down again, but Angle cut him off.

Angle: Oh, yeah I just *knew* that I had forgot to tell you something! You see, it’s not just Torrie’s job that’s on the line here; yours is to! That’s right, if you lose, YOU get fired! And if you get fired, your United States title is stripped of you, and I will award it to the no.1 contender…Mr. Rene Dupree! Oh, and don’t think about getting a draw, because that would result in BOTH of you losing your job! So what’s your choice Cena? Ring the bell!

Dupree stood on the stage and laughed, while Luther wheeled Angle to the back.

--Loser Gets Fired--

John Cena vs. Torrie Wilson

Cena and Torrie looked at each other, and then Cena looked up at Rene Dupree. Dupree did belt motions around his waist, signifying what would happen if he didn’t win. Dupree kept taunting John Cena, and Cena was getting noticeably more annoyed bye the second. Cena went to the rope closest to Dupree and shouted at him, and while he was doing that, Torrie snuck up from behind, but Cena turned round and saw her! He looked at her as if to say “what are you doing?” Torrie acted innocent, and backed off. Cena turned around to face Dupree…but suddenly spun round, scooped up Torrie and hit the FU! Cena cover her…1…2…3…and ended Torrie’s SmackDown career!

Winner: John Cena

Rene Dupree stood at the top of the ramp clapping and applauding, while Cena grabbed his title and walked headed up the ramp, straight faced, but certainly pissed off. Dupree quickly turned and left as soon as Cena got close. Torrie slowly got up with the help of referee Mike Sparks, crying as soon as she realised she had lost. She waved goodbye to the fans, as Sparks helped her to the back.

Cole: …wow…I’m, I’m speechless!

Tazz: …me to Cole, I’m totally shocked at what we just saw.

Cole: Well, you’ve got to look at it like this; neither Torrie nor Cena had a choice, one of them would lose their jobs, and John Cena took the chance, and has kept his. Although you could tell just by looking at his face that he’s not pleased with himself.

Tazz: No doubt there; he certainly didn’t want to do it…wait a minute!

Cole: Oh no, it’s Rene Dupree!

Dupree: Isn’t it a shame? Torrie Wilson is no longer employed here? I wonder how John Cena is feeling? I mean; he fired her! He is ze one who is to blame for this, not Kurt Angle! Don’t you boo me; you know full well that I am right! I mean, I’m French, so of course I’m right! So Mr. Cena, I hope you are focused for the Great Am…that PPV we have coming up? Because if you not, that title will be mine! Just picture it; a Frenchman wearing the United States title, doesn’t it sound wonderful? I can finally bring some prestige to this belt! And about our match at the PPV, I think now is the perfect time to announce the stipulation for it. You see, I’m quite zee fast guy; I’m very athletic, and should have no problem with this. However, you’re knee is still quite injured is it not? Well, if so, it’ll hinder you’re ability to climb…in the ladder match! Zat’s right, a ladder match! It’ll far surpass the match they had on that ‘other’ show on Monday nights. Well, see you June 13th Cena, don’t be late!

Commercial Break

Cole: A ladder match? Can you believe the nerve of Rene Dupree? He says that once he, a Frenchman wins the US title, he’ll bring prestige and honour to it! John Cena has brought an abundance of honour and prestige to that title if you ask me!

Tazz: That’s the thing Cole; Dupree isn’t asking you, he’s asking himself! But the man brings up some good points though.

Cole: Like what?

Tazz: Like the fact that John Cena got Torrie Wilson fired! Cena didn’t have to do it, but he did! I gotta admit thought, he has an advantage over John Cena in the ladder match. Cena has had knee trouble since the Royal Rumble since the Big Show tossed him out of the ring, and the man landed awkwardly.

Cole: I guess you’re right about the advantage, but how can you say that about it being Cena who fired Torrie? His job was on the line as well!

Tazz: Yeah, but it’s always better to give than take don’t you agree? And a job with SmackDown is a huge gift!

Cole: I’ll agree with that last part, working for SmackDown is a huge gift. Speaking of gifts, earlier tonight, Kurt Angle gave Rey Mysterio the gift of a match against Matt Morgan.

The audience are shown an ‘earlier tonight’ segment, showing Kurt Angle’s announcement about the Great American Bash.

Matt Morgan vs. Rey Mysterio

The returning Matt Morgan was the first person out, and he had certainly looked fitter than he did first time around, fitter and in better ring shape. Mysterio made his way to the ring and awaited the bell to be rung…but it was interrupted by the sound of John “Bradshaw” Layfield’s music! JBL made his way out to the ring, fully decked out in suit and tie and joined Michael Cole and Tazz at ringside. Mysterio went over to yell at Bradshaw, and was blindsided by Morgan after doing so. The bigger and stronger Matt Morgan laid into Mysterio by picking him up, and violently slamming him down again. Morgan locked Mysterio in a torture rack, and had Mysterio yelling in pain for over a minute! Mysterio managed to sneak out the back door and knock Morgan down with a dropkick to the face! With both men down, JBL stood up and started commentating.

JBL: Mysterio is one tough cookie, but he don’t deserve a title shot! No, little people like him shouldn’t be competing for the big boys belt! He got a tainted, fluky win over me last week, but that don’t mean he should even get a CHANCE to get into my title match!

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back, John “Bradshaw” Layfield is still here, and during the break, it’s been all Matt Morgan.

JBL: Yeah that’s right. I told you that Mysterio wasn’t even gonna get near to getting himself a shot at the belt!

Morgan had Mysterio set up for a powerbomb, but Mytserio prompted a “Holy S***” chant as he used Morgan’s momentum to reverse the move into a hurricanrana and into a pinning combination! Mysterio only got a two count, but he certainly picked up a lot of momentum! Mysterio used his speed advantage to hit Morgan hard and fast, dropkicking his legs out from under him, then jumping into a headlock toss. Morgan came swinging at Mysterio, who dropped down and knocked Morgan face first onto the second rope! Bradshaw had had enough and got up from the announce table. Mysterio then hit the 619! Bradshaw entered the ring and headed for Mysterio…but Mysterio hit the 619 onto Bradshaw! Bradshaw fell back, holding his stomach, but Mysterio wasn’t finished and hit the West Coast Pop on Bradshaw! But in one swift movement, Mysterio let go of JBL and dropped on top of Matt Morgan to cover him…1…2…3! Mysterio wins it!

Rey slowly got up to celebrate, but was then wiped from the Clothesline from Hell, courtesy of John “Bradshaw” Layfield! Bradshaw smirked, but also was holding his stomach. He helped Matt Morgan up, and told him to powerbomb him! Morgan did just as he was told, slamming Mysterio neck first down! Mysterio wasn’t moving, as Kurt Angle appeared on the TitanTron.

Angle: Congratulations Rey, now you’ve only got win your next match and you’ve earned yourself a title shot! Good luck!

Morgan snarled at Mysterio, and left the masked man lying in the ring as he and Bradshaw walked away.

Cole: You could pretty much say Mysterio’s chances are over. He’d be lucky to even reach the main event tonight, let alone win the match.

Tazz: Agreed, Rey should just ask for the match to be cancelled, because tonight isn’t his night.

Cole: Up next, Booker T faces he dangerous Hardcore Holly in one-on-one competition! That’s up next everyone!

Commercial Break

Hardcore Holly w/ Billy Gunn vs. Booker T

Billy Gunn as usual, accompanied Holly to ringside. The two men locked horns, with Booker locking in a headlock. The two men did the mandatory headlock-to-shoulderblock combination, before Booker dropped down on him with a standing axe handle smash to the face. Booker managed a near fall, but then picked up Holly and delivered a suplex, getting another near fall. Booker picked him up again and traded blows with Holly. The action went back and forth for the next minute or so, until Holly signalled for the Alabama slam! Holly had Booker over his shoulders, but Booker blocked Holly from slamming him by grabbing a hold of his tights. Hardcore didn’t have any choice but to let go of him, but that was his undoing as the moment Booker T’s feet hit the floor he kicked Holly in the mid-section and connected with the Scissors Kick for the…1…2…3!

Winner: Booker T

Booker celebrated his victory in the ring, as Billy Gunn rolled Holly out. Booker grabbed a microphone.

Booker: Hey Dead Man; Great American Bash? Your ass is next punk, now can you dig that…

But before Booker could finish, the lights in the arena going off, as the Undertaker’s music began to play! Booker stood in the middle of the ring, but didn’t flinch a bit.

Booker: I ain’t afraid of you Dead punk bitch!

The music continued to play, and as the lights came back on, Paul Bearer was walking down the ramp carrying the Urn! But unbeknownst to Booker, Paul Bearer wasn’t alone!

Cole: Oh oh…I don’t think Booker see’s him!

Tazz: Turn around Booker! Turn around!

The Undertaker stood right behind Booker T, starring a hole in the back of his head! Booker T slowly turned around, and came face to face with the Dead Man. They locked eyes, but the Undertaker didn’t flinch one bit, but Booker’s mouth dropped open at the sight of the 7 foot tall monster in the ring with him. Booker went to strike him, but he ducked, scooped Booker T up and delivered the Tombstone! Undertaker went into a pinning position, and stayed there, with his tongue hanging out until Paul Bearer reached the ring. Undertaker moved away from Booker T, and dropped to one knee, worshipping the Urn as his music played again!

Cole: The Undertaker this time sent Booker T a physical message! The past two weeks, the messages have been more visual, this time…this time Booker T got Tombstone’d!

Tazz: The Dead Man has risen again, and at the Great American Bash, Booker T is in for the toughest fight of his life!

Cole: The main event is coming up shortly, but I’ve just been told that Josh Matthews is standing by backstage with Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty.

Matthews: That’s right, Rikishi and Scotty have been victims at the hands of Mordecai. Or as he would put it; he’s cleansed their souls. Rikishi, I understand you have a request for Mordecai.

Rikishi: That’s right Josh, I do. For the past couple of months, you’ve been doing your little promo videos, talking about being a ‘Pale Rider’ who is going to trample the wicked. You’re the right hand of the father? Well what father is this that you’re talking about huh? Because what I’ve seen of you, you’re nothing but a bully under the guise of a do-gooder. Well lemme just tell you this; you ain’t no do-gooder boy, and I wanna put a stop to you! I want you in a match at the Great American Bash. You, and me, one-on-one, no strings attached! What you say Mordecai? You gonna say no, or you gonna accept? I want an answer next week fool, don’t forget it!

Rikishi and Scotty walked off before SmackDown went to another commercial break.

Commercial Break

Cole: Up next, D-Von Dudley takes on one-half of WWE Tag Team champions, Charlie Haas. We know that Bubba Ray Dudley and Paul Heyman will accompany D-Von to ringside, but Rico is not in attendance tonight, as he is recovering from a concussion he received when D-Von used a steel chair to crck Rico’s skull last week. We wish Rico a speedy recovery.

Tazz: There might be no Rico, but Miss Jackie is here, and that’s always good news. She could help Haas to overcome these Dudleyz.

Charlie Haas w/ Miss Jackie vs. D-Von Dudley w/ Bubba Ray Dudley and Paul Heyman

D-Von and Haas circled each other, but Charlie Haas was distracted when Bubba Ray hopped up on the apron, and D-Von nailed him in the back with forearm. D-Von whipped Haas, and caught him coming back in with a sidewalk slam. D-Von earned a two count for that, so continued the punishment. D-Von plunged his knee into the square of Haas’s back and synched back his head and legs. Haas screamed in pain, but didn’t submit, so D-Von released the hold and picked him back up again. D-Von whipped him into the turnbuckle and went to hit and avalanche splash. But Charlie Haas ducked out of the way! D-Von hit the top turnbuckle face first, and Haas grabbed a hold of his leg and rolled him up, but only managed a two count. D-Von tried to get up, but Haas grabbed a hold of his leg and put him in a leg lock. D-Von wasn’t far away from the ropes, so he managed to get out of the painful submission quite quickly. Charlie Haas picked him up and hit a couple of right hands before hitting a snap suplex, then rolled through into an armbar. D-Von, again was relatively near the rope, and crawled a little bit before getting his foot on the bottom rope. Haas stood up and signalled that it was over, but just then, Paul Heyman jumped up on the apron! Both the referee and Charlie Haas went over to him, and Haas grabbed a hold of him by the suit! Behind him, Bubba Ray had got into the ring and D-Von had recovered, and both stood right behind him and as Haas turned around…3D! Bubba quickly left the ring as D-Von made the cover. Heyman got off the apron and pointed at D-Von making the pin, so the referee turned round and counted the fall!

Winner: D-Von Dudley

Bubba celebrated with his brother, as Miss Jackie came in to check on Charlie Haas. The Dudleyz looked at each other, smirked, and Bubba grabbed her by the hair! He then shouted at D-Von to get the table!

Cole: Oh no, not this! They can’t do this to a defenceless woman! Bubba’s sitting on the top rope, he’s going to…oh my god! Bubba Ray Dudley just powerbombed Miss Jackie through the table! D-Von’s getting in her face about it as well. This is despicable!

Tazz: This is the Dudleyz. This is what they’re like. This is what they do. They don’t care who is in their way; they’ll take out anyone to accomplish their goals.

Cole: But this is just wrong, look, here comes the EMT’s to help her. Haas has just realised what’s happened, look at the look on his face! I don’t think he can believe it.

Tazz: I think he’s blaming himself for it. He’s distraught!

Cole: Well, we’ve gotta take our final break tonight. Up next; Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero take on John “Bradshaw” Layfield, Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak!

Commercial Break

SmackDown returned from the break to see Rey Mysterio in the medical room as one of the EMT’s checked out his neck.

Doctor: I don’t advise you to do this. You’re neck is pretty bad at the moment. You’ll be fine by next week, but I would advise you not to wrestle tonight.

Mysterio: Look doc, this is the biggest chance I’ve ever had in my career, I’m going out there whether you like it or not!

The doctor walked off, and just then Eddie Guerrero walked in and hugged Rey Mysterio.

Eddie: Hey holmes, you ready for the match? You and me man!

Mysterio: I’m as ready as I’ve ever been. Although the doctor has advised me not to wrestle, I just can’t not be a part of this!

Eddie: Well, you know, three big guys out there, you could get hurt, and I don’t want that on my conscience! So I’m asking you to back out of the match, for your own safety man!

Mysterio: What do you mean holmes? Don’t you want me to earn my shot? Don’t you want me to be your partner tonight? Don’t you want…

Eddie: Woah holmes! I was only kidding man! We’re gonna go out there and we’re gonna kick some ass! We’re gonna beat those three fools, and then it’s going to be me, you and that piece of crap John “Bradshaw” Layfield at the Great American Bash holmes! And lemme just say this; if there is ANYBODY I could accept losing my WWE championship to, it’s you holmes. So come on, we’re gonna win this match!

Eddie and Mysterio hugged again before heading out of the medical room.

Tazz: Woah, I don’t think Eddie Guerrero wants Rey Mysterio in that match!

Cole: What makes you think that? He was just kidding around with him.

Tazz: Yeah, but think about it; would you rather face two men or one? Especially when your title is up for grabs!

Cole: One, but the point is, Eddie and Rey are great friends and we both know very well that they are fighters, and they will both try and beat each other to get the belt.

Tazz: Hold up here! We’re talking about Rey like he’s already guaranteed a spot, and he isn’t, so let’s just get to the match eh?

Cole: Ok, and just in time, as Matt Morgan is making his way out to the ring for the second time tonight.

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio vs. John “Bradshaw” Layfield, Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak w/Theodore Long

As soon as John “Bradshaw” Layfield’s team was out and ready to go, Rey Mysterio’s music hit, and the man who is hoping to challenge for the WWE championship at the Great American Bash walked out onto the top of the ramp. Then, Eddie Guerrero’s music hit, and he was joined on stage by the WWE champion. Eddie and Rey looked at each other…and ran down the ramp to the ring! Rey ran under Morgan’s legs, bounced off the ropes and knocked him to the outside with a dropkick! Eddie was fighting off both Jindrak and JBL, and he managed to clothesline the “Reflection of Perfection” to the outside near where Matt Morgan had fell. Mysterio took one look, and launched himself over the top rope and wiped both Jindrak and Morgan out with a plancha! Eddie pounded JBL into a corner, and pounded his chest before laying him out with a clothesline. There was not a moment in the match that the action had slowed down, and it seemed as though the referee just gave up trying to get control of the match. Rey Mysterio was fighting with Matt Morgon on the outside, as Mark Jindrak go up behind him and charged…but took out his partner Morgan with a clothesline! Bradshaw was the victim of a hat-trick of suplexes, before Eddie Guerrero went to the top rope to finish him off with the Frog Splash…but Bradshaw moved! Eddie got back up as a reaction, but JBL laid him out cold with a Clothesline from Hell! JBL smirked at what he had done, but did not see Rey Mysterio standing on the top rope. He turned round, and as soon as he did that, Mysterio launched himself of the top…but he to fell victim to the Clothesline from Hell! Mysterio fell down in a heap, Bradshaw stood over him before covering…1…2…Eddie breaks it up! Bradshaw looks furious, as he got up and kicked Eddie Guerrero in the face. He signalled for the Stock Market Crash, as he tossed Guerrero into the corner, and set him up on the top rope. He then delivered a perfect fall away slam, leaving Eddie writhing in pain in the middle of the ring. Bradshaw sat up from his work, and saw Mysterio standing across the ring from him. Bradshaw charged at him, but Mysterio went under the legs and dropkicked him in the back, leaving Bradshaw fallen on the second rope! Mysterio dialled it up…619!!! He then waited for Bradshaw to get up…before hitting the West Coast Pop! 1…2…3, yes! Mysterio is going to the Great American Bash a challenger for the WWE championship!

Winners: Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio

Mysterio rolled out of the ring, and helped Eddie up. Eddie and Mysterio celebrated as they backed up the ramp. Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak helped JBL to his feet, who looked absolutely furious that he would have to share his title shot with Mysterio.

user posted image

Cole: Listen to it Tazz! Just listen! Everyone is going nuts! Rey Mysterio will challenge for the WWE championship June 13th at the Great American Bash!

Tazz: This is crazy! I think the whole arena is moving!

Cole: Can you imagine the reaction Rey Mysterio would get if he won the title? Well that’s all for this week, tune in next week, same time, same place! Good night!

user posted image

3rd June 2004

SmackDown! Review

Overall Rating: 76%

Nielson Rating: 6.06

Attendance: 6,524

Angle makes the Mysterio/Morgan match [ 100 ]

Jeff Hardy d. Jamie Noble [ 81 / 67 / 95 ]

Angle makes Cena vs. Torrie, loser gets fired [ 97 ]

John Cena d. Torrie Wilson [ 69 / 82 / 40 ]

Rene Dupree interview: [ 74 ]

Rey Mysterio d. Matt Morgan [ 71 / 68 / 74 ]

Booker T d. Hardcore Holly [ 77 / 78 / 77 ]

Rikishi challenges Mordecai to a match a the Great American Bash [ 73 ]

D-Von Dudley d. Charlie Haas [ 66 / 54 / 79 ]

Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero interview [ 76 ]

Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero d. John “Bradshaw” Layfield, Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak [ ?? / ?? / ?? ] (oops, lost the rating!)

Match of the Night: Jeff Hardy d. Jamie Noble

Segment of the Night: Angle makes the Mysterio/Morgan match

NEWS AND RUMOURS

*The team that Theodore Long was refering to on SmackDown! is the team of Jimmy Snuka Jr. and Joey Ryan. Ryan has held mutlitple titles in WPW, PCW, WCWA, AWS and PWG. He's 25 years of age, and will likely change his name to Jo Ryan, or something similar. Jimmy Snuka Jr. is, of course, the son of legendary wrestler "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka. While not as talented as Joey Ryan in the ring, WWE officials are hoping people will recognise him. However, he will not use the 'Snuka' name. He will be known as Jimmy S. Long, and will be portrayed as Theodore Long's cousin. They wrestled a dark match prior to SmackDown against fellow OVW alumni Chris Cage and Tank Toland under masks and were billed as "Desconocido Uno" and "Desconocido Dos". Snuka's work recieved mixed reviews, while Joey Ryan's mat skills recieved praise.

*Rob Van Dam will sit out the next 8 months or so with a torn calf muscle he recieved a few weeks ago. He is set to undergo connective tissue manipulation over the next few months in hopes it will quicken his recovery.

*Torrie Wilson will be kept off TV for a few months, while creative think up something for her to do. This whole storyline was used as a way to get her off TV for a while. She is expected to rejoin the SmackDown brand in a few months, but she could always end up on RAW, as is the case with these conditions.

*Officials are still very high on Matt Morgan, and many believe that he could be the man who takes the WWE championship off of Eddie Guerrero. Morgan has been away from SmackDown, honing his skills down in Ohio Valley Wrestling for several months as he was looked upon as being "too green" when he was originally called up. However, he is said to have improved greatly, and his work with Rey Mysterio on SmackDown certainly showed a lot of improvement.

*Nova was originally going to be the one who challenged Chavo Guerrero for the Cruiserweight title last week on SmackDown, however, plans quickly changed once they came to an agreement with Jeff Hardy about re-signing with them. Jeff is said to be off the drugs he had denied taking. He has since admited to WWE officials he was talking them during his last stint, but hasn't touched them for over four months. Jeff could be in line to take the Cruiserweight title from Chavo Guerrero at the Great American Bash, where if Nova was called up, he wouldn't have.

*WWE officials are still scratching their heads over what to do with Kenzo Suzuki since the 'Hirohito' gimmick was dropped recently. There has been some talk of teaming him up with Akio and Sakoda, but that idea was shot down as he has recieved quite some build up with the video packages, and it is seen as a bad idea to saddle him with two wrestlers who are only seen (at this moment) as jobbers.

Nice to see you using the same reviewing format Monkey, makes it look better in my opinion, looks so clean, if you know what i'm saying.

By the way, for those of you wondering this is more a WWE team effort, we both throw ideas at each other, only we write different brands. So if you think some of Monkey's ideas, or mine, are astray, they may be courtesy of the other person, so blame him, not me :D

And i take it you're high on Jindrak and Morgan yourself Monkey?

user posted image

Saturday 5th June 2004

Announcers: Josh Matthews and Bill DeMott

Matthews: Welcome to Velocity! I’m Josh Matthews and am alongside a former United States champion, Bill DeMott.

DeMott: Thank for that Josh.

Matthews: We’re going to get right into things straight away as the Basham Brothers take on Akio and Sakoda!

Doug and Danny Basham made their way out to the ring, and Doug asked for a microphone to be handed to him by the timekeeper Mark Yeaton.

Doug: We’re former Tag Team champions! What are we doing on Velocity? We’re above this! We should be facing Rico and Charlie Haas for the Tag Team titles at the Great American Bash, but we’re not! We have to face these two little Japanese punks!

Danny: But you know what? We’re going to make an example out of these guys. That’s right. We’re going to beat them up so bad, Kurt Angle will have to notice us and he’ll have to give us a title shot! So come…

Danny was cut of in mid-sentence as Akio and Sakoda made their way out in new tights, and to brand new music. The tights had Japanese symbols on each. Sakoda was also cleanly shaved on the face and head.

53%

Akio and Sakoda vs. the Basham Brothers

Sakoda started out with Doug Basham, and took him down with a football tackle before he started pounding the former-Tag Team champion with rights and lefts in a mounted position. Sakoda tagged out to Akio, who used his quick feet to his advantage against the taller and stronger Doug. Akio set up Doug on the top rope, and looked as though he was looking for a tornado DDT, but Doug held onto the top rope, sending Akio flying face-first into the mat! Doug then came off the top rope with guillotine leg drop, earning him a near fall. He then tagged in his brother Danny, and the duo held onto dominance for much of the match. The end of the match came when Doug attempted to clothesline Akio, but he missed, and when he turned around Akio hit an amazing standing enziguri! Akio made the pin…1…2…Sakoda lays out Danny with a spear takedown…3! Akio and Sakoda win!

Winners: Akio and Sakoda

61%

56%

80%

DeMott: Again Akio and Sakoda come back from being behind to picking up a big win! They did it last week against Billy Kidman and Paul London, and they’ve done it again against the Bashams!

Matthews: What a standing enziguri by Akio! Look! I think that’s one of Doug Basham’s teeth!

DeMott: Wouldn’t surprise me one bit! I’ve wrestled Akio before, and he is one dangerous man with those quick feet of his!

Matthews: We’re going to take a break, but when we come back, Nunzio and “the Bull” Johnny Stamboli are in action!

Commercial Break

Matthews: Welcome back. The FBI are in action in just a second, and their opponents are El Desconocido, that means ‘the Unknowns’ in Spanish Bill.

DeMott: I knew that! I did.

Matthews: They’re simply known as Uno and Dos.

Full Blooded Italians vs. El Desconocido

‘The Unknowns’ were dressed almost identically, except that Uno wrestled without a shirt. Uno locked up with Nunzio, and Nunzio was taken down with a arm drag. Nunzio rolled about and looked confused, as he tagged out to the bigger Stamboli. Uno saw this, and went over and tagged in Dos, who is build bigger than his tag team partner. “The Bull” and Dos went to lock up, but Stamboli ducked the grapple attempt by going behind and kicking him in the backside! Stamboli and Nunzio laughed at the ‘achievement’ before Dos and Stamboli really got into an exchange of blows. Considering El Desconocido are only really getting a shot at the big time, and are not under WWE contract, the match developed into a very even contest. However, the FBI put an end to that when Stamboli had Uno all to himself, and hit an implant DDT getting the three count!

Winners: the Full Blooded Italians

59%

53%

80%

Matthews: Those ‘unknowns’ really surprised me partner! They put on one hell of a display here on Velocity.

DeMott: That’s true, but the experience of the FBI won out in the end as Johnny Stamboli finished…one of them off with that implant DDT!

Matthews: That was Uno Bill. Anyway, we found out on SmackDown, that Eddie Guerrero would not only defend his WWE championship title against John “Bradshaw” Layfield, but he would also defend it against his buddy Rey Mysterio! Take a look at how it came about.

Bradshaw ran into the adjacent ropes…but instead of hitting Mysterio, he killed the referee dead with a Clothesline from Hell! Bradshaw turned around quickly and caught Mysterio coming off the top, and hit the Stock Market Crash for a pin, but there was no referee! Bradshaw tried to revive the fallen Nick Patrick, but to no avail. While this was happening, the fans went crazy as WWE champion Eddie Guerrero raced down to the ring and went toe-to-toe with JBL! He took him off his feet a backdrop, and went into full “Latino Heat” mode before going to the top rope…and hitting the Frog Splash! Eddie disappeared into the crowd, as Mysterio rolled to the apron…and managed to successfully ‘drop the dime’! Mysterio rolled into the cover as referee Brian Hebner raced down to administer the count…1…2…3! Mysterio pinned Bradshaw!

SmackDown! - 27th May 2004

Angle: Hold up everyone! I’m not finished yet. I said a chance to challenge for the title. If he somehow manages to defeat Matt Morgan he will then team with Eddie Guerrero to face Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak…and John “Bradshaw” Layfield in a handicap tag team match! Even though Mr. Morgan here will probably destroy Mysterio in their match, the handicap match will STILL take place. If Mysterio wins his match, and if he and Eddie somehow miraculously win the handicap match, then and only then will Rey Mysterio get a shot at the WWE championship!

SmackDown! – 3rd June 2004

Bradshaw had had enough and got up from the announce table. Mysterio then hit the 619! Bradshaw entered the ring and headed for Mysterio…but Mysterio hit the 619 onto Bradshaw! Bradshaw fell back, holding his stomach, but Mysterio wasn’t finished and hit the West Coast Pop on Bradshaw! But in one swift movement, Mysterio let go of JBL and dropped on top of Matt Morgan to cover him…1…2…3! Mysterio wins it!

He then delivered a perfect fall away slam, leaving Eddie writhing in pain in the middle of the ring. Bradshaw sat up from his work, and saw Mysterio standing across the ring from him. Bradshaw charged at him, but Mysterio went under the legs and dropkicked him in the back, leaving Bradshaw fallen on the second rope! Mysterio dialled it up…619!!! He then waited for Bradshaw to get up…before hitting the West Coast Pop! 1…2…3, yes! Mysterio is going to the Great American Bash a challenger for the WWE championship!

87%

Matthews: That’s how Rey Mysterio earned himself a shot at Eddie Guerrero’s WWE championship at the Great American Bash!

DeMott: There was another major development on SmackDown, this time in the Tag Team title hunt!

Matthews: Of course! With Rico missing thanks to a concussion received at the hands of D-Von Dudley, Charlie Haas took on D-Von with only Miss Jackie at ringside, take a look at what happened towards the end of the match, and what happened right afterwards.

Bubba Ray had got into the ring and D-Von had recovered, and both stood right behind him and as Haas turned around…3D! Bubba quickly left the ring as D-Von made the cover. Heyman got off the apron and pointed at D-Von making the pin, so the referee turned round and counted the fall!

Winner: D-Von Dudley

Bubba celebrated with his brother, as Miss Jackie came in to check on Charlie Haas. The Dudleyz looked at each other, smirked, and Bubba grabbed her by the hair! He then shouted at D-Von to get the table!

Cole: Oh no, not this! They can’t do this to a defenceless woman! Bubba’s sitting on the top rope, he’s going to…oh my god! Bubba Ray Dudley just powerbombed Miss Jackie through the table! D-Von’s getting in her face about it as well. This is despicable!

Tazz: This is the Dudleyz. This is what they’re like. This is what they do. They don’t care who is in their way; they’ll take out anyone to accomplish their goals.

Cole: But this is just wrong, look, here comes the EMT’s to help her. Haas has just realised what’s happened, look at the look on his face! I don’t think he can believe it.

Tazz: I think he’s blaming himself for it. He’s distraught!

74%

Commercial Break

Matthews: We saw Charlie Haas looking very distraught after he saw Miss Jackie lying amongst the remains of that table, but now he has a chance to vent some of that anger as he goes one-on-one with Matt Morgan!

DeMott: Do you know what’s funny about this match? Both men have a semi-legitimate reason if they lose! Matt Morgan wrestled twice on SmackDown, whereas Charlie Haas might not have his mind on thing!

Matthews: I guess, but neither man is going to use that!

Charlie Haas vs. Matt Morgan

Haas was focused, and straight faced, while Morgan was trying to get under his skin by walking around ringside to the announce table, pointing to it and doing a powerbomb motion. As soon as Morgan entered the ring, he was jumped by Charlie Haas who was kicking him in the leg, much like Mysterio tried to do on SmackDown. Haas hit a basement dropkick to Morgan’s kneecap, which got him down to his knee. Haas ran to the ropes but when he came back Matt Morgan picked him up and hit a gorilla press slam! Morgan used his size and strength advantage to dominate the Tag Team champion, but whenever he could, Haas got in a shot on the legs. The match drew to a close when Morgan whipped Haas to the far side and bent over as if to hit a shoulder toss, but Haas ran past him and clipped his knee from behind! Haas stamped on the mat and locked in the Haas of Pain! Morgan screamed in pain and struggled to reach the ropes but couldn’t, and the big man tapped out!

Winner: Charlie Haas

60%

62%

73%

DeMott: Wow! Matt Morgan tapped out! What a win for Charlie Haas!

Matthews: Haas picks up a huge win, and after what happened on SmackDown, it’s gotta be a good thing! That’s all we got for you on Velocity, don’t miss SmackDown this Thursday!

DeMott: Goodbye everyone!

Matthews: Peace!

Overall Rating: 54%

TV Rating: 4.09

I know you don't like writing long matches Monkey, but the main event seemed like it was 30 seconds long, read through it and you may understand what i mean. In short results you need to say whats happened in the missing bit like; "Morgan dominated for most the match" etc.

EDIT: Even though you said that, seriously i didn't see that first time, my apologies Monkey.

Still i'm liking the new look to Kyo Dai, or Akio and Sakoda if that's what they're using now.

Edited by IAceI