RAW vs. SmackDown!

TMM

Sunday Night Heat

6th June 2004

Our hosts for the night at Jim Cornette and Al Snow

Rosey d. Mike Bell

Mike Bell, unbelievably has 12 years on Rosey as he is a staggering 38. He seemed to flow quite well and got in some good offence, taking Rosey down numerous times. He preferred to come out fighting rather than actually wrestle the opponents, as does Rosey. It was pretty much a basic squash, Bell got about a minute of offence altogether and a standing splash was enough to win.

[ 60 / 48 / 72 ]

Raw Recap

[A loud boom can be heard around the arena, the words; “gods gift” appear on the titantron in white writing. The lights have dimmed as a man wearing white pants, and a white button up shirt, but the buttons are undone. He has dark black hair, and a trimmed black beard. The man saunters to the ring, keeping his head held high. He climbs up the steps and gets into the ring, he takes a microphone.]

Man: “ What you have just witnessed, is the new path of destruction that this man will cause upon Raw! SmackDown! Were foolish to get rid of such a talent, but maybe it was for the better. When he was brought here he found his inner self, he found his real persona. He had a meeting with God, and God sent him here as the saviour of wrestling. He is God’s gift. This man right here can do what he just done, to anyone and I mean anyone…he can strike at anytime! It could be now. It could be me as his second victim. But it’s not, because I will help Chuck prosper and become a champion, a true champion. You see, I’m a true manager, I don’t just speak for my client, I help my client and that’s why my client will go one on one next week with…Shelton Benjamin! As far as Benjamin’s concerned he better get prepared for the second coming and as far as you’re all concerned, my name…Jonah Masters. Chuck Palumbo’s accomplice and manager. ”

[Jonah takes Chuck Palumbo’s wrist and raises it as the two look up at the ceiling, as if God is looking back at them.]

[ 74 ]

Victoria © d. Gail Kim

The first woman’s match we had seen for a long time since the Eric Bischoff Challenge leaves very little space for other matches let alone women’s matches. The two traded blows early on with Gail Kim getting the advantage, however she was posing to the ground for a little too long and Victoria fought back and nailed the widows peak for the three count. After the match Molly Holly, complete with wig, ran down to the ring and nailed Victoria with her own title, laying the champ out. Gail Kim and Molly Holly celebrated over Victoria’s body.

[ 64 / 62 / 67 ]

A Main Event No More

Backstage we see The Hurricane warming up for his match, he does some last minute stretches before turning the leave however the monstrous Chuck Palumbo stands in his way. The Hurricane looks at Palumbo, visibly scared, Palumbo does the cross like he done to Shelton Benjamin on Raw and then grabs Hurricane, he sets him up in the train wreck position (A-Train’s move) but instead of dropping down he throws Hurricane off so Hurricane lands on his stomach, on the ground. Jonah Masters comes into the picture, he turns the limp Hurricane over and crosses his arms, he kneels at his head and puts his hands in the prayer position. Masters looks up as Palumbo stands behind him, his arms spread, like Raven or Steiner does and he is too looking up.

[ 77 ]

Chuck Palumbo w/ Jonah Masters d. Val Venis

Since Palumbo took out the initial participant of this match who else should replace him but the Palumbo? I bet Val Venis would have picked someone else but it’s not up to him. Palumbo grabbed Venis straight away and threw him into the turnbuckle and followed up with a clothesline, screaming loudly as he ran and nailed him. Venis slumps into the corner as Palumbo picks him up, he throws him into the opposite turnbuckle and follows up with a clothesline again. The crowd see no point in trying to get behind Venis as the match is a squash so they just boo Palumbo instead. Palumbo grabs Venis and delivers a discus punch, sweeping Venis off his feet. Palumbo violently grabs Venis and grabs him over his shoulder into the same position he had Hurricane. He delivers the same move that he calls the Soul Asylum. Palumbo crosses the arms, ala Undertaker, and covers. He gets the three count as Masters enters the ring, he kneels at the head of Venis and does the pray and Palumbo stands behind, arms spread and both look to the sky.

[ 69 / 70 / 68 ]

Praying On Your Souls

After the match had finished Hurricane came running down the ramp with his ribs taped up. The crowd cheered as he attacked Chuck from behind, who didn’t flinch. Chuck turned around and decimated Hurricane with a clothesline. He then picked up the superhero and gave him his second Soul Asylum of the night. Palumbo put his foot across Hurricane’s chest as Master’s prayed by his head.

[ 75 ]

Overall Rating [ 56 ]

Nielsen Rating [ 4.40 ]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Monday Night Raw Preview

7th June 2004

ESCAPE THE RULES

Last week on Raw we saw a historic win for Rhyno when he defeated Randy Orton in a Ladder Match to win the Intercontinental Title for the first time in his career. This is the most prestigious title the last ever ECW World Heavyweight Champion has held and Rhyno will be on cloud nine following his big win. However he will crash down to reality when he has to face Triple H. The match is 100% guaranteed to be none title however because Randy Orton still has a rematch clause he can activate.

Speaking of Randy Orton he will have the daunting task of trying to overcome Edge who spent the better part of last week having Rob Conway and Sylvan Grenier trying an rip his left arm off. Kane goes head to head with Chris Jericho, from Block A, the loser will be crying over spilt milk, or should we coffee? As that will effectively put them out of the running and finally Christian will go head to head with Matt Hardy who will also be action later in the night, as will Kane and Edge.

Kane, Edge and Matt Hardy will all be on double duty as they must face in a six man tag match, they will be opposing sides now and at Bad Blood as well. We are relieved to know that Lita is back with Matt, safe and sound, but who knows what that psychotic lunatic done to Lita while he had her. Also Jazz and Rodney Mack return to the ring as they will team up with Kane in the six man tag match.

And in the main event that no one would have predicted a month ago, a changed Chuck Palumbo will take on Shelton Benjamin who he unmercifully destroyed last week on Raw and for those of you who tuned in to Heat you will see him destroy Hurricane and Val Venis too, using a move he calls the Soul Asylum. Benjamin is no pushover and this time Palumbo won’t be attacking him after a brutal match, this will be the brutal match. All this and more on Monday Night Raw on Spike TV, the first network for men!

Confirmed Matches

[block A] Chris Jericho vs. Kane

[block B] Christian vs. Matt Hardy

[block A] Edge vs. Randy Orton

[block B] Triple H vs. Rhyno © [Non Title]

Matt Hardy, Lita & Edge vs. Kane, Jazz & Rodney Mack

Chuck Palumbo vs. Shelton Benjamin

Edited by IAceI

user posted image

Monday Night Raw Preview

7th June 2004

[The pyrotechnics shoot off into the arena as a buzz goes around the crowd when cheer loudly, the camera swings around the arena showing people waving their signs to the camera before it comes to a rest on Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler who are at their usual positioning of the stage.]

Jim Ross: “ Hello everybody and welcome to Monday Night Raw! I’m Jim Ross and I’m alongside Jerry “ The King” Lawler, as ever. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Hey JR, what a show we have lined up for you tonight, half of Evolution are in action tonight and not only that but we will see Kane, Edge and Matt Hardy wrestle not just once, but twice, in the same evening! ”

Jim Ross: “ That’s right, Kane, Hardy and Edge all fight in their Eric Bischoff Challenge matches but also in a six man tag team match where Hardy, Lita and Edge take on Kane, and get this, the returning Jazz and Rodney Mack! All hell will break loose King, I’m tellin’ you now! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ It sure will JR, an- ”

[Jerry Lawler is cut off by the eerie, creepy and oh-so mysterious music of Chuck Palumbo and Jonah Masters. After the start has finished, which is creepy noises it goes into the loud riffs of P.O.D’s, “ The Messenjah ” the crowd boo loudly as the aforementioned duo emerge from the back, behind the curtains. Masters leads Palumbo down the ramp with Masters’ hands in the prayer position. Palumbo, however, just saunters to the ring, keeping his head hung. The two reach the ring as Masters climbs up the steps and climbs in, Palumbo just slides in and stands up. Masters takes a microphone as the lights come back on.

Jonah Masters: “ Later tonight, you will bare witness to what this man can do. He can’t just mutilate people, but he can eradicate them, he can destroy them, he does as he pleases to his opponents, he shows no mercy, he shows no fear! He knows that God is smiling down on him and making him do all these things, he isn’t in control, but he isn’t just a pawn on God’s hand. He is the chosen one, he is God’s gift, he is the messenger from above, and he is going to send a message to Shelton Benjamin later tonight with opening his mouth, his actions speak louder than words and by God will his actions leave a mark. He isn’t here for you lot, he is here to show that there is a God, he is the adopted son of God. God chose this monster because if anyone can get a job done, it’s Chuck Palumbo. If anyone can finish and opponent like God wants, it’s Chuck Palumbo. And if there is anyone, capable of destroying every man on this roster, in this company, in this world…it’s Chuck Palumbo. Chuck Palumbo isn’t here to show mercy, he is here to nullify his opponents, he’s here to make them extinct. Inside of this body is a boiling, livid, fuming son of a bitch. So Shelton, we come out here not to hurt you now, but to send you a warning, a message if you will. Beware…It’s Your Turn! ”

[Jonah Masters stands, smirking as Palumbo drops to his knees, he spreads his arms out, slightly bent and looks up, clenching his fist a bit but not so it is closed. Masters begins to laugh manically as Palumbo lets out a loud scream.]

Jim Ross: “ These are two, very, very, strange people. However I must stress my concern for Benjamin tonight, Benjamin is one of the toughest guys here but Palumbo may not even be human King! How do you counter someone who isn’t human!? Palumbo isn’t human, he’s just another, sick, deranged bastard King! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Damn these two creep me out JR, seriously, they’re just…weird. ”

Jim Ross: “ Weird is right, and thank God they’ve gone now. Maybe we shouldn’t thank God though, since they say they are here on God’s behalf as his gift, as his messenger? These two are just strange King, plain and simple, they’re strange. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Well, the Eric Bischoff Challenge has already spread over two weeks and this will be the third week of matches. We are just about ready to start off with what used to be a fierce rivalry but they’ll be no love loss between these two, right JR? ”

Jim Ross: “ Damn right King, and all I can say is that I hope Jericho destroys Kane and that Kane doesn’t even make it to his second match tonight! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ You heard the man right people watching at home, Kane will fight twice tonight, as will Edge and Matt Hardy as they all feature in the six man tag match later tonight- ”

[He barely gets his words out as fire bursts from the side of the entrance way and JR starts screaming and shouting “ Hell Fire and Brimstone! ”, Kane saunters to the ring to his music, “ Slow Chemical ” by Finger Eleven.]

Kane d. Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho shows no fear of Kane an instantly runs and delivers a forearm to the face, Kane simply shrugs it off but is bombarded with several more. Jericho backs him off the ropes and tries to whip him but it doesn’t work and it is reversed, Jericho comes back with a kick to the chest as Kane leaned over. Kane stands up and steps backwards from the kick to the chest. Jericho delivers a big dropkick to the Big Red Machine which sends him into the turnbuckle. Jericho runs at him but gets kicked in the chest as he does so, Kane delivers an upper cut and then pushes Jericho over. Jericho rolls backwards as Kane ascends the turnbuckle, Jericho gets up and turns round as Kane leaps off the top with flying clothesline. Jericho manages to duck it but Kane lands on his feet and rolls through, Jericho turns round and walks into a clothesline turning him inside out. Kane raises his arms and brings them down, trying to signal the end. He locks his hand around the prone Jericho’s throat, he lifted him up to his feet by Jericho kicked him in the stomach. Kane let go of the grip and Jericho nailed him with a right hand, taking him off his feet.

Kane quickly got up but walked into a dropkick, he then got the same results again as he walked into a second dropkick. He again got up but Jericho tried to brawl with him, wrong move. Kane gets the upper hand with ease and starts tossing Jericho around the ring like a rag doll. Kane follows up with clotheslines after throwing him into the turnbuckles numerous times and then throws him off the ropes, coming back with a big boot which sends Jericho to the mat. Jericho tries to roll to the ropes but Kane kicks him in the back with the laces of his boot. Jericho screams and holds his back in pain but Kane kicks him again and then pulls him to his feet. Kane demolishes him with a second clothesline which turns Jericho inside out. Jericho is pulled up once more and lifted into a powerbomb, Kane nails it before picking him up and delivering a second powerbomb. Kane covers him and picks up the three count. After the match Matt Hardy hit’s the ring and cracks a chair over the back of Kane. Kane drops to one knee and Hardy nails it over his head this time sending Kane crashing to the canvas. Hardy delivers a few stomps before sliding out of the ring and running up the ramp, Kane sits up and looks at Hardy who is hightailing it up the ramp.

Jim Ross: “ Matt Hardy pulls a quick one over Kane! It looks like he was trying to get the upper hand ahead of the six man tag match tonight! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Yeah, but didn’t seem to have any effect JR! He’s already up! ”

Jim Ross: “ Matt Hardy doesn’t seem to care, he’s ran, he’s ran as fast as his legs will carry him, and there goes Kane! ”

[As JR said Kane climbed out the ring and walked to the back, going to look for Matt Hardy.]

Jim Ross: “ We’re just heading to a quick commercial break, don’t go away, we’re coming back with more Monday Night Raw action. ”

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Jim Ross: “ Hello everybody and welcome back to Monday Night Raw, just before the break we saw Kane defeat Chris Jericho in an Eric Bischoff Challenge match. Once the match was done Matt Hardy came down and assaulted Kane but Kane didn’t feel it King! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ No kidding, Kane isn’t human JR, he was assaulted by Matt Hardy with a steel chair, a steel chair JR! Two shots and Kane sat right back up! ”

Jim Ross: “ Ladies and Gentlemen, don’t forget to tune into Bad Blood on June 27th, you will witness Chris Benoit vs. Batista vs. The Eric Bischoff Challenge Winner, Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels, the Last Encounter, Hell in a Cell, Kane vs. Matt Hardy in a 15 foot Steel Cage, plus much, much more! Log onto wwe.com for more information! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ We still have three more Eric Bischoff Challenge matches to go, as well as Kane, Jazz and Rodney Mack vs. Matt Hardy, Lita and Edge and in the main event a new, and improved Chuck Palumbo faces Shelton Benjamin. ”

Jim Ross: “ But, as you can see, Eric Bischoff is making his way to the ring, and what could he possibly have to say King? ”

Jerry Lawler: “ If I knew that I’d be down at the race course right now, not here. ”

[As Jim Ross stated Eric Bischoff was making his way to the ring. The Raw General Manager climbs into the ring and takes a microphone. He has a smug look on his face as the crowd boo him, the crowd’s boos eventually turn into an “ass-hole” chant but Bischoff doesn’t seem to care. The crowd grow tired and eventually allow him to speak.]

Eric Bischoff: “ Are you quite done booing me? Right, good. Now, down to business, we all know that Raw is superior to SmackDown! And it does take a lot of work to keep us number one, which is ironic if you have ever watched SmackDown! Because it’s the biggest waste of space ever. However, as a great general manager, the best there is infact, I have a certain sense of leadership and duty here at Raw and that duty is to keep Raw, and myself, at number one. How do I do that, you ask? Well its quite easy actually and I’ll give you a taste of how it done. First, you need to make a confrontation so I’ll bring out my two targeted workers, introducing first, Christian with the lovely Trish Stratus and the Problem Solver, Tyson Tomko! ”

[The crowd’s boos pick up once more as the aforementioned trio step out to onto the stage, Christian has his hand placed around Trish’s waist, Tomko stands behind them walking with a vicious look on his face. The camera shows Eric Bischoff who is giving a polite round of applause for the three superstars. The three get to the ring as Christian walks up the steps and climbs in, Tomko slides in and Trish is helped into the ring as Tomko pulls the middle rope up and Christian leads her in by taking her hand. Christian taunts the crowd, Tomko doesn’t seem to move, just standing there and Trish hugs Christian.]

Eric Bischoff: “ And then the second superstar, come on out, Chris Jericho! ”

[The crowd cheer as Jericho’s entrance starts, JR shouts and screams how Jericho is almost dead from before as King tries to cool him down. No one appears for the entrance and the music dies down. Bischoff turns to Christian.]

Eric Bischoff: “ Where is he? ”

[Christian takes a microphone from ringside.]

Christian: “ Oh I know where he is Eric, he’s in the back licking his wounds from before. Well if he was a real man then he’d come out here! And if he was a real man he might, just might, have Trish beside him and not me. Unfortunately for Jericho, he’s not a real man. ”

[Christian laughs, a smile comes a cross Bischoff’s face.]

Eric Bischoff: “ Well, I guess we’ll just have to go on without him- What the!? ”

[An explosion is heard from the ramp way leaving a cloud of smoke acting as a frame for the titantron, JR is hyped again as a battered and bruised Chris Jericho limps out from the stage. Bischoff looks infuriated as Christian sighs.]

Chris Jericho: “ Dammit Christian you know I don’t stay down! I always come back for more! I may be hurt from Kane earlier but that doesn’t change a damn thing! I could still beat the living hell out of you and if you want a first class demonstration I’d love to show you. However I’m sure your two bitches would jump at the click of your fingers and unlike you Christian, I’m smart! ”

[Jericho is now at the bottom of the ramp but doesn’t slide in.]

Eric Bischoff: “ Just hold it Chris. [Turns To Christian] Christian, don’t worry, I’ll handle this. [Turns Back To Jericho] Dammit Chris what are you doing out here? You should be in the back resting! ”

Chris Jericho: “ Don’t get smart with me you jackass. You called me out here and I came out here. What’s wrong Eric, are you still shell shocked that I had the balls to come out because let me tell you four assholes something if you’d just been through what I’ve been through you wouldn’t show up right now. And Trish! [stares At Trish] Remember the times I protected you from Kane? Maybe I should get Kane down here because I know that those two lumps of trash that you’re associated won’t protect you like I did Trish. But don’t worry Trish, I may regret saving you those times, God forbid your little pretty face got mangled. Trish do you know what its like to have your face hit with barbed wire? Do you? No, well I’d love to show you but your dogs may try and attack me, now I’m not superman and if Christian’s little steroid-freak attacked me from behind then I’d probably get my ass handed to me. So Bitchoff, I got a proposition, give me Tomko next week! ”

[Trish looks at Jericho, laughing evilly.]

Eric Bischoff: “ Dammit Jericho don’t call me that! But you know what, I’m gonna give you Tomko next week, so yeah, it’ll be Chris Jericho vs. Tyson Tomko………and Trish Stratus………and Christian. Three…on…one. Now that’s how you handle a situation. ”

Chris Jericho: “ Oh real smart Bischoff, real smart. I’m gonna lose, I realise that, but they won’t pin me, I’m gonna take that slut in the ring and beat her with a steel chair. So how do you like that, bitch! ”

[Jericho laughs and backs up the ramp, not taking his eyes off the quartet in the ring.]

Jim Ross: “ Good for Jericho, King! Good for Jericho! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Good for Christian, Trish and Tomko, they got themselves a slap of fresh meat, JR, It’s going to be three on one, there’s no way Jericho will survive. ”

Jim Ross: “ You’re right King, but if he sticks to his word… ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Which he never does… ”

Jim Ross: “ If he sticks to his word and mangles that jezebels face then he’ll send me home happy because that little traitor deserves that! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Traitor!? Jericho was the one who placed the bet that started all this! ”

Jim Ross: “ Well, enough bickering, and on with the show! ”

Christian w/ Tyson Tomko & Trish Stratus d. Matt Hardy

Well there was no love loss between these two in the ring who are both making it successfully as singles competitors unlike when they usually fought they’d be accompanied by their brothers. The trio were still in the ring soaking up the crowds reactions following Chris Jericho’s little outburst and out came Matt Hardy who kept looking over his shoulder as he hurried to the ring. Hardy slid in and was met with boots to the back before he could get up. He got up and threw some punches at Christian but he wasn’t focussed on the match enough and got took down by a clothesline. He got up and staggered into a one-eighty vertical suplex, which Trish applauded at ringside. Christian taunted to the fans, getting jeered for his troubles but Hardy rolls him up from behind, one…two…kickout. Christian gets up and lunges for Hardy missing the clothesline by a million miles, Christian turns round into a boot to the gut and gets planted with a dropkick. Hardy runs off the ropes but Trish grabs his leg, Hardy turns round and struggles free. He turns round again into a dropkick from Christian and is sent packing over the top rope. Hardy crashes to the mat and Trish gets on her knees, which she’s probably familiar with and slaps Hardy across the face, which she’s also probably familiar with. Hardy turns his head back and stares at Trish, he grabs a handful of her hair as JR shouts saying “ mangle her face! ” however Tomko clubs him from behind and Trish runs off. Tomko bounces Hardy’s head off the announcers table and rolls him back into the ring, all this completely unbeknown to the referee who was tied up with Christian.

Once Hardy is in the ring Christian drops down and covers but only gets a prolonged two count. Christian has a mini-tantrum, slamming his palms off the mat. He pulls Hardy up to his feet and throws him off the ropes, Hardy comes back and gets took down with a drop toe hold, Christian keeps hold of the legs with his own legs and rolls over, arching Hardy’s back. Fortunately for Hardy he’s next to the ropes and manages to break the hold. Christian gets up and pulls Hardy back into the middle, he takes his leg and wraps it over the back of his neck before standing up, only holding up Hardy by his leg. The move is commonly known as a muffler stretch as Christian bends his legs and straightens them, making Hardy bounce a bit. Christian lets go and Hardy flops to the mat in a heap, Christian covers with his foot but that was the wrong move as Hardy easily kicks out. Christian pulls Hardy up by his hair and Hardy delivers a few punched to the midsection of Christian who lets go of Hardy’s hair, Hardy delivers a dropkick to Christian who gets right back up. Hardy kicks him in the gut and sets him up, using his free hand he does the V-1 sign but Christian slips out and goes behind, locking his hands, turns him, and drops. Unprettier. 1...2...3. Christian wins. Christian picks up the win. Trish and Tomko join Christian in the ring who picks up Matt Hardy and delivers a second Unprettier. Trish applauds before running and hugging Christian, Tomko picks up the wreck that is Hardy and puts him in a torture rack position before spinning his legs round ninety degrees and dropping down, pile driving him. (Psycho Driver performed by Super Dragon). The crowd boo as Tomko gets up and a lets out a chilling scream. Tomko is first to leave the ring as Trish and Christian kiss before following the tank that is Tyson Tomko to the back.

Jim Ross: “ King this Tyson Tomko is nothing but a bully! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ He isn’t a bully JR! He doesn’t speak, he just does what needs done, he does what he’s told! ”

Jim Ross: “ Then he’s a rotweiler without a leash, only listening to Christian and that jezebel Trish Stratus…what the hell! ”

[Tomko had just walked through the curtain but staggered back out, falling on the ramp. Christian and Trish stomp as Chris Jericho walks out with a steel chair in his hand. The camera focuses on Trish who looks visibly scared, as does Christian. Christian puts his arm in front of Trish’s chest, signalling to stay back as Jericho advances with the steel chair. Christian then runs past Jericho and hurries into the backstage area. Trish’s jaw drops as Jericho smiles, he begins to walk towards her but Tomko comes with a shoulder tackle. Trish breathes a sigh of relief as Tomko pulls Jericho up by the hair, he puts one hand on his neck and grabs the tights before tossing him off the stage and through four tables below that were all next to each other! The crowd begin a “Holy Sh*t” chant as Tomko grabs Trish’s wrist and hurries her away.]

Jim Ross: “ What a martyr! How isn’t dead I don’t know though! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Martyr!? He sneak attacked Tomko and then went to put his hands on Trish Stratus, luckily she was saved by Tomko! ”

Jim Ross: “ Remember all those times he saved Trish from Kane!? Then Jericho comes out and Christian runs! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ I don’t remember Kane wielding a steel chair though! ”

Jim Ross: “ No, because Kane is just a seven foot, three hundred pound waste of space isn’t he? Are you kidding me? Kane doesn’t need a damn chair, he’s more brutal than a chair shot to the head! He burned me alive King!!! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Um, we’ll be right back after this short commercial break. ”

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Jerry Lawler: “ Hey everyone and welcome back to Raw. ”

Jim Ross: “ Just before we went to the short commercial break we saw Tyson Tomko threw Y2J, Chris Jericho off the ramp to the stage, right next to us threw four tables! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ That wouldn’t of happened had he come out not brandishing that chair like a mad man. ”

Jim Ross: “ It might not have happened had Christian not left his so called girlfriend, that jezebel on her own and King, she deserved what Jericho was going to do to her! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Jericho shouldn’t put his hands on Trish! That’s just wrong! ”

Jim Ross: “ Trish cost him that match at WrestleMania Twenty. She deserves to be mutilated, like the, like the whore that she is!! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Calm down JR. But remember Jericho’s just been thrown off the stage through for tables, me meets Trish, Christian and Tomko next week, if he actually makes it! ”

Jim Ross: “ Tomko done it in desperation. He probably knew Jericho would go ape on them all in that match, so he done that to him. ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Good one JR but we all know that even if Jericho had a chair, that still isn’t equal to Christian, Tomko and Trish. ”

Jim Ross: “ I don’t know if Jericho plus a chair is equal to Tomko alone but we’ll have to wait and see. Folks, we’re only half way through the night, and see what’s happened already. I can’t wait for the second part, SmackDown! Has nothing on Raw! ”

[“You think you know me” is heard around the arena, the crowd cheer as mist appears on the ramp way. “Never gonna stop” by Rob Zombie begins to play as Edge jogs out onto the stage, wearing shades and a trench coat as per usual. He goes to each side of the stage before running down the ramp and sliding in the ramp, he does his usual mat hump before getting up and awaiting the arrival of his opponent.]

Randy Orton d. Edge

Once again Randy Orton is alone, is the Evolution stable wilting away like many other storylines, even with new head writers? Orton and Edge do a quick tie up with Edge going behind with a wrist lock. Orton reverses it and goes behind himself, he released the wrist lock he had applied but jumps Edge with a headlock. Orton throws Edge’s body to the side and he goes down, Orton drops down too and holds in the headlock. Edge fights free and delivers a firemans carry, he puts Orton in a rear chin lock while driving his knee into the upper back of Orton. Orton delivers a stunner-esque jawbreaker which forces Edge to let go as he stumbles backwards into the ropes. Orton gets up and charges Edge down but Edge low bridges the top rope which sends Orton over the top rope and crashing to the matting below. Edge follows Orton to the outside after evading the referee who tried to stop him, Orton has had enough time to regroup though and punches Edge in the kneecap. Edge goes down to that knee, as Orton jumps up and delivers a dropkick sending Edge down into the apron. Orton rolls Edge into the ring and covers him but only gets a short two count. The crowd cheer on Edge who has a waist lock applied on him, Orton delivers a german suplex, and a second, he looks to complete the trifecta but Edge squanders Orton’s chance by blocking it. Edge takes Orton’s arm and hip tosses him to the mat, Edge puts on an arm bar before pushing backwards and rolling over onto his front, this brings Orton up and over Edge and crashing to the mat of his face, all the time having his arm nearly ripped out of his socket by Edge.

Edge continually works on the left arm of Orton, bringing it up behind his own back and pushing it upwards, much more and it’d break it. Orton uses his free arm to elbow Edge in the temple and Orton takes him down with a surprise hook sweep, taking out the back of Edge’s legs, sending him to the ground. Orton grabs Edge and picks him up, he delivers a couple of knees to the chest which cause Edge to lift off the ground because of the impact. Orton then goes for the RKO but Edge pushes him off the ropes and small packages him up on the rebound! One…two…kickout. I long two count there. Orton pops up, looking frustrated as he runs at Edge but is took down with a drop toe hold. Orton holds his face in pain, his nose in particular. Edge turns him over and covers, another two count. Edge doesn’t waist any time and goes to the legs, he quickly slaps on an Edge-a-cator and Orton contemplates tapping, but refuses too. He manages to get an arm to the rope forcing Edge to release the hold, which puts enormous amounts of pain on the lower back and legs, before five. He lets go and pulls Orton to the middle again but Orton boots him in the face with the sole of his boot. Edge steps backwards, but manages to maintain his balance thanks to some flailing of the arms. Orton nips up and out of nowhere nails an RKO on Edge who bounces over onto his back. Orton quickly covers, violently hooking the leg, the referee counts the three count and Orton wins. He gets up to celebrate, unbeknown to him that the Intercontinental Champion is standing behind him. Orton raises his arms and turns round celebrating his victory when he is planted with a gore! The crowd roar in approval as Rhyno bails out of the ring as Evolution head to the ring, Batista leading the charge. Evolution gather in the ring as Rhyno waits on the outside.

[Triple H has a microphone and is wearing his wrestling gear.]

Triple H: “ Rhyno! Rhyno, you listen to me! When you mess with Randy Orton you mess with Evolution, and that means the 16 time, woo, World Heavyweight Champion…the……number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, Batista…and the winner-to-be of the Eric Bischoff Champion and next World Heavyweight Champion, the Game, the best wrestler in the WWE….TRRRRRIPLE H!!!! So Rhyno allow me to beat you now, so climb your little ECW ass into this ring and stand there while I beat the living tar out of you! ”

[Rhyno smiles, he holds up his Intercontinental title and grins, pointing at it and then at Orton. He rolls in showing no fear of the four members of Evolution. Triple H stands at the front of them all, he turns and tells them all to leave, they all climb out and Rhyno attacks Triple H before he can turn around.]

Triple H w/ Evolution d. Rhyno

Rhyno continues to pummel Triple H, clubbing him down to the mat as he drops to his knees. Rhyno still nails him with forearms and right jabs as Triple H is now swaying on his knees. Rhyno kicks Triple H in the face and begins stomping him in the middle of the ring. Jim Ross talks about his intensity but how Evolution could distract him. Rhyno seems one hundred percent focussed on defeating Triple H as this is his first match since winning the Intercontinental Title, which isn’t on the line as Randy Orton still needs to activate his release clause within 2 months, says his contract. Rhyno goes to his knees and throws one over Triple H’s body, now with a mount position he begins mercilessly driving his fists into the face of Triple H. Rhyno continues swinging away until the referee can pull him off. A member of Evolution occupies every side of the ring, except for the ramp, and are in the ideal position to attack Rhyno given half a chance. Rhyno nails Triple H with a forearm which takes Triple H off his feet. Rhyno pulls him to the middle of the ring but gets a boot to the midsection. Triple H kicks Rhyno again before climbing to his feet, he unloads with a barrage of right hands to Rhyno, knocking him down with a final right. Triple H pulls the man beast up to his feet and knees him in the gut, lifting Rhyno off the floor momentarily. Triple H picks up Rhyno and delivers a Manhattan drop, Rhyno holds his groin in pain and Triple H takes him down with a clothesline.

Evolution, namely Ric Flair, are applauding Triple H at ringside who once again pulls up the Intercontinental champion so he is standing. Triple H smiles to his stable-mates who smile back, he throws a right hand, but Rhyno ducks it and kicks Triple H in the gut. Evolution’s smile’s are quickly gone as Rhyno unloads with rights of his own and then whips Triple H off the rope. Triple H gets took down by a shoulder tackle which sees the two men collide, but only Rhyno is left standing. Rhyno boots him in the ribs, softening him up for the gore perhaps. Triple H slowly gets up as Rhyno sets him up, until Orton grabs onto his foot. Rhyno turns round and kicks Orton in the face but turns into a forearm from Triple H taking him down. Orton looks at the match, holding his nose in pain with a look of rage on his face. Rhyno gets up and runs into a high knee from Triple H which once again puts him on the mat. Rhyno fights back as he tries to get up though and punches Triple H before coming out with a quick gore, but not enough to keep Triple H down. Both men are down as Ric Flair gets on the apron, the referee goes over to him as Rhyno begins to get up. Orton slips in the ring and delivers an RKO to Rhyno and then drags Triple H on top of him, Flair gets off the apron and points to the pinfall as the referee turns and counts the three. Triple H rolls off Rhyno as Evolution invade the ring, Batista has a chair in his hands, waiting behind Rhyno. Triple H gets to his feet and Rhyno then slowly gets up, surrounded by Evolution. He gets up and looks at all four of them, he raises his hands as if to say I surrender but turns and gores Randy Orton! Before the rest of Evolution react Rhyno has rolled out and is heading up the ramp, looking at Evolution with a big grin on his face.

Jim Ross: “ Good for Rhyno King! He didn’t back down from four men! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ But he lost JR, but that’s quite obvious because he lost to a great wrestler. The best on Raw, hell, the best in the world, Triple H. ”

Jim Ross: “ But this feud with Randy Orton certainly isn’t over, King. That gore he delivered was brutal but King, he had it coming! Triple H didn’t defeat Rhyno, he needed assistance from Flair and Orton! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ They showed true class and that’s why they’re such a good team JR, because they get things done and they go un noticed! That’s classy JR, and that’s what Evolution are all about, class. ”

Jim Ross: “ But this is Raw, and it’s about the wrestling, not class King…wrestling. ”

[We cut backstage where we see Matt Hardy and Lita.]

Matt Hardy: “ What did he do to you last week Lita? Tell me, please. ”

Lita: “ He done nothing, he let me go Matt. He’s just trying to scare you, seriously, it was nothing. ”

Matt Hardy: “ I don’t know Lita, I think he’d have done something, and I’m going to pummel him so much next that he’ll barely make it to Bad Blood on June 27th! ”

Lita: “ And Jazz, well, that bitch is going down. ”

[The two kiss before Matt leaves as Lita is left on her own looking worried.]

Jim Ross: “ Did something go on? Lita doesn’t sound very convincing to me! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ I don’t know JR, but if something did, she lied and Matt will be pissed if she lied to him. ”

Jim Ross: “ …I’d lie if Kane threatened me, which I bet he did. He could have done anything to that poor, innocent girl King! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ I realise that JR but you don’t want to mess with Kane, he’s an animal and nothing less. ”

[“ Slow Chemical ” Finger Eleven hits as the big red machine comes down for the upcoming six man tag team match.]

Kane, Jazz & Rodney Mack d. Matt Hardy, Lita & Edge

Jazz and Lita started off, Jazz easily got the upper hand using her man-like strength to pick Lita up and drop her on her face, Lita tagged out to Edge meaning Jazz had to tag out too due to inter gender rules in came Rodney Mack. Mack showed little ring rust as he quickly went to work on the Canadian superstar with clubbing strikes. Edge was pummelled down onto his knees but Mack didn’t stop there delivering a brutal kick to the chest of Edge which sent him onto his back. Mack covered but Edge easily kicked out after two. Mack pulled Edge to his feet and threw him over his shoulder, ramming him into an unoccupied turnbuckle. Mack drove his shoulder into Edge’s gut multiple times before Edge slumped onto the mat. Mack dragged him into the middle of the ring and tagged out to Kane. The monster came in and grabbed Edge, threw him into a turnbuckle and followed up with a big, big clothesline. Edge once again slumps to mat as Matt and Lita cheer their team mate on, so far it wasn’t working. Edge tried to fight free from Kane but Kane delivered a few nasty body shots to Edge ending with a vicious upper cut. Kane then whipped Edge to the opposite turnbuckle. His charge was ended as Edge got both feet up, nailed Kane in the face. Edge goes to the second rope and leaps off with a bulldog. Edge tried to make the tag but Kane pulls him back, and pulls him to one foot. Edge delivers a big enziguri to Kane sending him across the ring. Kane tags in Mack and Edge tags in Hardy.

Matt comes in and takes Mack down with a clothesline, Mack gets up but gets dropkicked to the outside. Jazz comes in and jumps on Matt’s back, trying to sleeper hold him, Matt throws her over his back onto the mat, Jazz sits up and gets planted with a seated dropkick courtesy of Lita. Kane is up, no surprise there, and comes up behind Hardy but Edge takes him out with a spear and the two roll to the outside trading blows. Mack comes back into the ring and clubs Matt from behind who is watching Edge and Kane on the outside. Mack throws him off the turnbuckle but Matt comes back with a tornado DDT to Mack. Meanwhile on the outside Kane throws Edge into the steel steps so his knees him them and he goes flying over them as Edge rolls to a stop against the ring barricade. Kane slides in the ring but is immediately stomped on the back by Matt Hardy. Hardy can’t stop Kane from getting up to his feet but still manages to keep pressure on Kane by nailing him over, and over again. Mack puts an end to Hardy’s good run by attacking him from behind and Mack and Kane attack Hardy in the middle of the ring. Lita ascends the turnbuckle and jumps off onto Kane and Mack! Lita holds her stomach in pain as Kane sits up! The crowd boo as Kane grabs Lita by the throat and lifts her to her feet, he goes to lift her up for the chokeslam but Edge slid into the ring, and limped towards Kane. Kane let go of Lita who rolled to the outside and faced Edge. Edge nailed him with some rights before Mack came from behind and shoulder blocked his left leg. Edge goes down in pain as Kane picks him up and chokeslams him to the mat. Kane covers for the three count, despite neither being the legal men. After the match is over Kane grabs drags Hardy to the back by the hair, Edge slowly rolls to the outside and limps to the back, and Jazz and Lita before cat fight before Lita runs from Jazz who chases after her. This leaves Rodney Mack in the ring, he taunts the fans before a man dressed in black with a ski mask rolls in behind him, coming through the crowd, and nails him in the head with a foreign object! Mack goes to the mat holding his head as the man is escorted back through the crowd.

Jim Ross: “ What the hell!? What a weird ending! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ Weird!? That was hectic!! ”

Jim Ross: “ Edge limped to the back, Kane took Hardy away, Lita and Jazz fought before Lita ran with Jazz in hot pursuit and Rodney Mack got nailed by some fan! ”

Jerry Lawler: “ He’ll be sued, I can guarantee it JR! Not only did he hop the barrier but he nailed a superstar with what seemed to be a lead pipe or a foreign object of some sort. His ass is going to get sued so badly. ”

Jim Ross: “ Unless a wrestler paid him to do it or something, I don’t know. We don’t have any time, we have to go to our final commercial break and then we have a huge main event. ”

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

Jim Ross: “ Hello everybody and welcome to Monday Night Raw, that was our last commercial break and we’re with you until the end now! Chuck Palumbo takes on Shelton Benjamin, now! ”

Chuck Palumbo w/ Jonah Masters d. Shelton Benjamin

Chuck Palumbo was took by surprise as his enemy took it to him early on in the match, obviously looking to get some retribution for last week when Chuck Palumbo destroyed Shelton Benjamin and Jonah Masters just claimed that he was the first victim, in the wrong place at the wrong time. However Chuck Palumbo has already destroyed The Hurricane and Val Venis on Raw since his, change, but they must not count. Palumbo came back with a knee to the gut of Benjamin and nailed a right hand knocking down Benjamin. Benjamin popped back up but ran straight into a second punch from Palumbo which knocked him down again. Benjamin popped up once more but decided against run at Palumbo because he’d more than likely fall victim to another right hand. Benjamin circles the inside of the ring and locks up with Palumbo who throws him into the turnbuckle, Palumbo back elbows him once before sitting him on the top of the turnbuckle, Palumbo climbs to the second rope and holds Benjamin around the neck. He secures his feet and leans backwards but Benjamin doesn’t move, Palumbo nails him in the face a couple of times and climbs to the top rope too, he pulls Benjamin up and both of them stand on the top rope! They wobble on the top as Lawler claims they will kill themselves which looks likely. Palumbo goes for the superplex position once more but Benjamin nails him in the gut once, Palumbo struggles to regain his balance but manages to, he grabs Benjamin once more, this time by the arm but using his free arm Benjamin nails Palumbo once again. Benjamin grabs Palumbo and grabs him around the neck, he jumps off and spins round, nailing a massive tornado DDT with both men on the top rope!! The crowd begin to chant “Holy Sh*t” as both men roll around on the floor.

We return to the ring where both men are up now, still looking battered Benjamin applies a headlock to Palumbo who quickly, and forcefully, elbows himself free from the hold. Benjamin runs at Palumbo and nails him with a forearm. Palumbo stumbles into the turnbuckle and Benjamin follows up with a running dropkick to Palumbo who dives over the top rope the floor below, but lands on his feet. He slams his fists off the apron as Jonah Master’s massages his shoulders a psyches him up. Palumbo shakes his body, cracks his neck, and rolls back in the ring. He decimates Benjamin with a clothesline after feeling no effects from Benjamin’s body shots. Palumbo grabs Benjamin to his feet and powerslams him to the mat. Palumbo covers but only gets a two count, he pulls himself up to his feet and puts one leg either side of Benjamin’s body as he lay, now face down, on the mat. Palumbo firmly placed his hands around the throat of Benjamin and forced him so he was on all fours, Palumbo jumped and landed on Benjamin’s back making him collapse on the floor. Palumbo repeated the process three or four more times and the crowd booed as Palumbo grabbed Benjamin and forced him to all fours again, using the straps on his attire to pull him up this time. Palumbo leans forward and delivers some crossface forearms, which Benjamin has no way of stopping and just absorbs all the vicious strikes to his face. Benjamin collapses on the mat once again following the blows to his face and struggles towards the ropes. He pulls himself up and turns around into a yakuza kick, but he had it scouted before he turned and ducked it. Benjamin nails a dropkick which causes Palumbo to lean back against the ropes. Benjamin nails him a couple of times and goes to throw him off the ropes but Palumbo reverses it, Benjamin returns and gets a kick to the gut. Palumbo flips him onto his shoulder, jumps up, then drops to his knees and plants Benjamin with the Soul Asylum. Palumbo covers for the 3 count and the win. Jonah Masters enters the ring as Palumbo leans over Benjamin, he does the cross sign and the crowd continually boo. Masters prays at the head of Benjamin as Raw goes off air with JR saying good bye.

Edited by IAceI

user posted image

Monday Night Raw Review

7th June 2004

RAW REVIEW

Overall Rating: 75

Nielsen Rating: 5.82

Attendance: 60353

Masters & Palumbo Interview [ 65 ]

Kane d. Chris Jericho [ 78 / 83 / 68 ]

Eric Bischoff Makes 3 on 1 Next Week [ 76 ]

Christian d. Matt Hardy [ 86 / 81 / 92 ]

Tomko Attacks Jericho [ 68 ]

Randy Orton d. Edge [ 85 / 82 / 88 ]

Evolution Trash Talk Rhyno [ 80 ]

Triple H d. Rhyno [ 80 / 81 / 81 ]

Hardy & Lita Talk [ 73 ]

Kane, Jazz & Rodney Mack d. Matt Hardy, Lita & Edge [ 69 / 70 / 70 ]

Chuck Palumbo d. Shelton Benjamin [ 72 / 71 / 74 ]

Match Of The Night Christian d. Matt Hardy

Segment Of The Night Evolution Trash Talk Rhyno

NEWS AND RUMOURS www.wo.com

*During a dark match the fans who turned up earlier witnessed Stevie Richards injure himself. He went for a Death Valley Driver on Brent Albright when his knee gave way, he had had some trouble with it prior but the injure was much more severe this time and Richard’s will miss over a year of wrestling. Richards is believed to undergo cartilage reconstruction in the leg, as it was a cartilage problem, but Richards will miss 16 months of wrestling. The Raw and SmackDown! Teams wish Stevie a speedy recovery.

*No leaks yet on who the man in a ski mask was, but it is believed to be one of a few wrestlers who were inducted to the WWE as a fresh batch. It seems like a last minute decision as the batch were only brought in a few days ago so the long term planning seems quite short and the rest of the students were inducted into Ohio Valley Wrestling, so the WWE must have high hopes for this wrestler.

*It looks like the Raw writing team could be looking to give Tyson Tomko a big push as he was the source of Jericho’s injury on Raw and Jericho initially wanted him one on one. Either a push is on the way for Tomko or there holding off Chris Jericho vs. Christian as much as they can.

*The Eric Bischoff Challenge seems to be going over well with the fans, internet fans see this as a chance for someone to become a breakout star while the general fans think that it’s a good way for their favourites to show their dominance in the wrestling rind.

*Many wrestlers are calling for the Rock to make a return who isn’t currently working on a movie right now, the Rock seems fully committed to filming now which is a problem for the WWE who may come to blow with the Rock and tell him to choose between one or the other as they need to sort of their long term storylines.

*Road Agents were pleased with how Matt Hardy and Christian performed on Raw and have reported this to the writers. New head booker and writer of the Raw team, Luke Harvey, was already high on both these workers but they were tied up with current storylines left behind by the WWE. Once these storylines are over, could we possibly see a deserved push for both these legends-to-be?

*That’s all for next week, I’ll be back with my inside scoops next week following Raw!

Edited by IAceI

• 3 weeks later...

user posted image

SmackDown! Preview

Rey Mysterio will get a title shot! Mysterio overcame all the odds to earn himself a shot at Eddie Guerrero's WWE championship this Sunday at the Great American Bash, joining John "Bradshaw" Layfield in a triple-threat for the title.

Angle is said to have something to say, and will open the show again tonight. It is unknown what the announcement will be about, or who it refers to. However, it is obvious to almost everybody that it will somehow involve Torrie Wilson.

*Mark Jindrak vs. John Cena*

John Cena is hot off the heels of what could quite possibly be looked at as one of the strangest days of his career. He competed in a 'Loser Get's Fired' match and won, however, in the process of winning, he defeated Torrie Wilson, who in turn was fired from SmackDown and World Wrestling Entertainment. Cena has said to have been 'distant' over the past week, seemingly feeling guilty. Cena will have to put that aside if he is to survive a match with the "Reflection of Perfection" Mark Jindrak. He will need to be 100% focused on the matter at hand, otherwise he could well find himself suffering a devastating defeat days before he defends his title against Rene Dupree at the Great American Bash.

*Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs. the Basham Brothers*

Scotty and Rikishi return to action tonight against the Bashams. They were both taken out at the hands of Mordecai. Rikishi is set to face Mordecai this Sunday, and would like some momentum on his way, and a tag team victory over the Bashams would be good for his confidence.

*Billy Gunnvs. Booker T*

Last week on SmackDown, Booker T took on and managed to defeat Hardcore Holly. However, this week he faces Holly's tag team partner Billy Gunn. Booker will have a tough time against Billy, and he cannot lose this match because this Sunday, he faces off against the Undertaker, and suffering a big defeat like that could mean huge consequences for Booker.

*Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Rico or Charlie Haas*

The match is initially scheduled to be Bubba vs. Rico, but the health of Rico is an issue if this is to happen. Rico suffered a concussion two weeks ago at the hands of the Dudleyz, and wil undergo a medical check to see if it is safe for him to compete tonight. If not, his tag team partner Charlie Haas will take his place. Whatever happens on SmackDown, this match will have an effect on who has the advantage this Sunday at the Pay-Per-View.

With only a few days until the Great American Bash, more matches are expected to be added during the course of SmackDown. Tune in to find out what happens!

user posted image

Thursday 10th June 2004

Announcers: Michael Cole and Tazz

Cole: Hello everyone, and welcome to UPN’s highest rated show, SmackDown! I’m sitting next to former ECW champion Tazz as usual, and what a show we have tonight!

Tazz: It’s gonna be good tonight Cole! The last SmackDown before the Great American Bash!

Cole: That’s right; WWE United States champion John Cena will take on “the Reflection of Perfection” Mark Jindrak, and Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty will take on the Basham Brothers momentarily, but for the second week in a row, General Manager Kurt Angle is in the ring to kick off the show.

Tazz: You say that like it’s a bad thing! Of the three General Manager’s SmackDown has had, I gotta say, Kurt Angle gives the fans what the want!

Cole: I’m not sure if I can agree 100%, but he did give Rey Mysterio the chance last week, and to mine, yours and I think most people’s amazement, Rey Mysterio did it, and he will get a shot at the WWE championship this Sunday at the Great American Bash!

Tazz: Shush Cole! The man wants to talk!

As usual, Luther Raines was standing in the ring with Angle, and Raines intimidated Tony Chimel into giving him a microphone.

Angle: I am out here to night, to offer my congratulations to Rey Mysterio.

The fans burst into cheers and applause at the mention of his name.

Angle: Hold on a second. This is the second week I’ve come out and congratulated him, and I must admit, I didn’t think he could do it. He overcame the obstacles I put in his way and has managed to pin John “Bradshaw” Layfield two weeks in a row, a feet that even Eddie Guerrero cannot admit to. Let’s take a look at how Mysterio won TWO matches last week shall we? Roll the footage.

Footage was shown of Mysterio hitting the West Coast Pop on Bradshaw during Mysterio’s match with Matt Morgan before rolling into the pin. It then cut to the end of the main event where Mysterio hit the 619, followed by the West Coast Pop on JBL to get the win.

Angle: Impressive isn’t it? And as much as I hate to admit it, I agree it was impressive. Rey Mysterio is an amazing athlete, and he could well take the WWE championship away from Eddie Guerrero this Sunday. As a matter of fact, I hope he does. Whether it is Rey or whether it is John “Bradshaw” Layfield, I don’t care, but I do not want Eddie Guerrero, the man who CHEATED to beat me at WrestleMania 20 remain as the WWE champion for much longer! In fact, I’ve given Eddie Guerrero, John “Bradshaw” Layfield and Rey Mysterio the night off. Rey has earned it, and I want to see him 110% at the Great American Bash! And in the case of Bradshaw and Eddie, I don’t want them anywhere near this arena as I know they might ruin my show by fighting all over the place, and that isn’t going to happen tonight! So, seen as you people will have to do without Rey Mysterio, John Layfield and Eddie Guerrero, I’ve booked a special main event. It’ll be Chavo Classsic and the Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero facing Jeff Hardy and a partner of his choosing. Any member of the SmackDown roster Jeff, and you have just under two hours to find him. But I’m not finished yet, oh no. You don’t think I’d let tonight go without making one mention of Torrie Wilson! You see Torrie you got exactly what you deserved. And you know the best part; I’m not the one to blame, as it was John Cena who pinned you last week, and it was him who got you fired! Do you like the way it feels John? Do you? You’ve ended somebody’s career, just like Torrie Wilson did. She ended my wrestling career! If it wasn’t for me, this could be her, sitting in a wheelchair! But no, I sacrificed myself to save her, and what thanks did I get? None! So Torrie, you’re out off my hair, now I’ve got to get rid of John Cena. So Cena, how does it feel? Huh? If it weren’t for you, Torrie Wilson would still have a job. If it weren’t for you, Torrie Wilson would be here today. If it weren’t for you, Torrie Wilson wouldn’t have to be whoring herself out on the streets! Don’t boo me! I saw her outside the arena tonight! She tried to get in as well, but security told her to go away, so she’s outside selling her body because nobody would hire a blonde, talentless bimbo like her. So John, this is your entire fault, think about it. Oh and John, don’t forget your match with Marl Jindrak, because I have a feeling “the Reflection of Perfection” is going to beat your butt tonight! Good luck.

Angle had an evil grin on his face and signalled to Luther to help him out of the ring.

Cole: Kurt Angle is evil! I can’t believe what he’s doing to John Cena!

Tazz: And what’s that?

Cole: He’s trying to make John Cena feel guilty about Torrie losing her job! He’s trying to convince him that it’s all his fault in the hopes he’ll lose his United States title to Rene Dupree this Sunday!

Tazz: Well who else’s fault is it? John Cena pinned her didn’t he? Hey look, am as sad as anyone that Torrie’s been fired, I’m, well, I was a big fan of Torrie, but things have gotta move on! Her time is up on SmackDown.

Cole: She’ll be missed, that’s for sure. We’re going to take a short break, but don’t go anywhere as up next is Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty taking on Doug and Danny Basham!

Commercial Break

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs. the Basham Brothers

When SmackDown returned from the commercial break, the Bashams were already out in the ring, as a video package of Mordecai beating both Rikishi and Scotty on different occasions played it ended with a graphic to hype the Rikishi/Mordecai rematch for the Great American Bash. Rikishi and Scotty got a good reaction upon their entrance to the ring, with Scotty going to both sides and giving a bunch of fans high fives while Rikishi just walked, focused, down the ramp. Scotty locked up with Doug Basham in the centre of the ring, with Doug coming out of it with the advantage by locking in a headlock. Scotty struggled, and slipped his head out from Doug’s hold and tried a quick roll-up to end it early, but Doug kicked out after two. Doug got straight back to his feet and shot Scotty a dirty look, while Scotty was smiling and jumping around. Scotty then pointed to Rikishi, as if to ask whether he should tag him in, to which the crowd loudly cheered. Scotty turned to tag Rikishi, but was jumped from behind by Doug Basham who started to beat him down in the centre of the ring! Doug pounded away at Scotty’s upper back and neck area before tagging in his brother Danny and hitting a double suplex before Danny covered and scored a two count. The Bashams continued this form for the next couple of minutes, making quick tags and keeping Scotty isolated near their corner. Doug had Scotty locked in a cross-armbreaker, to which Scotty struggled to get out of. Scotty slowly managed to fight his way to his feet and elbow Doug in the stomach before unloading with a flurry of right hands. Doug blocked one and knocked Scotty down with a stiff right of his own, before picking him up again. Doug whipped him to the ropes and attempted a clothesline, but Scotty ducked, hit the other rope and nailed a dropkick! Both men were down and Rikishi and Danny were itching to get tagged in. The crowd started a small ‘Scotty’ chant, before both men made the tags, and the big Samoan Rikishi came in to clean house! Rikishi knocked Doug to the outside with a superkick before whipping Danny to the corner and crushing each and every bone in his body by slamming his 350-pound frame into him! Rikishi turned around and saw Danny sitting in the corner, almost asking for the Stinkface! Just as he went to stick his but in his face, Doug came from nowhere and hit him in the back. Rikishi didn’t seem to notice the blows however and turned around to stare him in the face! Doug moved back, but Scotty came from nowhere with the facebuster! Scotty then went nuts and hit the W.O.R.M while Rikishi showed Doug what Rikishi ate for breakfast! Rikishi then looked at Danny and dropped his body onto his ribs to make the…1…2…3!

Winners: Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi (8:12)

Rikishi and Scotty embraced after the bell and celebrated in the ring. Scotty looked at Rikishi with a big cheesy grin on his face, as he nodded his head, and Rikishi nodded back. Rikishi and Scotty got into position to do their dance…but instead of their music playing, that of Mordecai’s hit the sound system! The TitanTron turns on, as another Mordecai promo plays.

Mordecai: The heavens have been ripped open, and I, the pale rider, thundered out. I will trample under foot, any and all evildoers, the wicked, the cruel and the profane. Rikishi, Scotty, you did not heed my message, and you will suffer by my hand. I am the right hand of the father, and he sees you as being envious of others. You envy success that the father brings to others. So come the Great American Bash, I, Mordecai, will show you that envy is the first, envy is the first step to hell, and I will make you see that the beating you shall receive is but for your own good.

The promo ended with Mordecai turning around. The lights came back on in the arena and a hooded man was standing behind Rikishi and Scotty, with his hands pressed together in a prayer fashion. Rikishi and Scotty turned around and starred at the hooded man, who pulled back his hood to reveal it was Mordecai! Scotty charged at Mordecai, and the ‘pale rider’ laid him out with a boot, before removing the robe and stepping up to Rikishi. He put his hands together again, before punching Rikishi in the mouth. Mordecai and Rikishi exchanged blows, with Mordecai soon taking the advantage. Mordecai beat Rikishi into a corner before unloading a massive clothesline, smashing the big man into the corner. Scotty got up from the outside and brought a chair into the ring, which he hit across the back of Mordecai. Mordecai barely flinched, turned around and grabbed the chair out of Scotty’s hands and threw it across the ring. Mordecai kicked him in the stomach, and delivered the Crucifix! Just as he was done, Rikishi attacked him from behind, knocking Mordecai to the outside. Rikishi smashed his head against the ring steps, but it again didn’t seem to register with Mordecai, as he turned around and took Rikishi’s head off with a vile clothesline! He put his hands together again, before picking Rikishi up…and driving him through the announce table with the Crucifix! Mordecai returned to the ring, put his robe back on and left the ringside area as EMT’s rushed down to check on Rikishi and Scotty.

Cole: My god, what amazing…yet scary strength from Mordecai!

Tazz: I saw that, but from what Mordecai said, it seems that he’ll face both Scotty and Rikishi at the Great American Bash!

Cole: That’s right partner, I’ve just been informed via my headset that Kurt Angle has sanctioned the handicap match for this Sunday, but the question is, who will be handicapped?

Tazz: A good question, but I’ve got one for you Cole; why don’t the guys in the back tell me bout these developments huh? Why do they tell you?

Cole: I don’t know partner, I guess you’ll have to ask someone in the back during the break!

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back everyone, and just a few moments ago we saw Mordecai destroy Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi after their tag team match with the Basham Brothers.

Tazz: That’s right, and we also found out that Mordecai will face BOTH Rikishi and Scotty this Sunday at the Great American Bash, in a handicap match.

Cole: That’s going to be a violent match if tonight was any indicator.

Tazz: Like you said earlier; who’s handicapped? I mean, Mordecai beat the living heck out of Scotty and Rikishi earlier tonight, and it’s possible he’s going to do the same thing Sunday.

Cole: That’s very likely partner. Well up next is…

Michael Cole was cut off, but not just that, they screen fuzzed out and a information bar appeared on the screen, saying “Sorry for the interruption, we are encountering problems. SmackDown will be back momentarily.” The screen fizzled out again, and this time came back into full view, focusing in on tombstone in the middle of a graveyard that read: ‘Booker T. March 1st 1965 – June 13th 2004”. The camera then pulled back and swung around to focus on the Undertaker and Paul Bearer. The Dead Man stood behind Paul Bearer with his head down, but his eyes focused on the camera. Bearer stood there with the Undertaker’s urn in his hands, as an evil grin emerged across his face. Bearer looked up and let out a vile laugh.

Bearer: Booker T…you’ve been saying you aren’t afraaaaid of the Undertaker? Weeeeeeeeel he doesn’t believe you…He saw the fear etched onto your face last week, and he knows that you are terrrrrrrified of him. I wanted to let you know Booker, that if it wasn’t for meeeeeee, you’d be dead already, but I’ve been holding the Undertaker back. I may have used all of my power to do so, but it has stopped him from destroyyyyyying you completely. Last week was just a little message for you. You seeeeeeeeee, at the Great American Bash, the Undertaker will be let off the leash, and the Dead Man will no longer be under my influence. Everything that this…this man does to you on Sunday will be of his own doing, and I will have noooooooo control what so ever. I thought it would be only fair to warn you Booker, the end is near, and the Dead have risen…

Undertaker’s head lifted up, he shot the camera an evil look and rolled back his eyes before saying.

Undertaker: Rest…in…Piece…

Undertaker’s eyes rolled back into his head, as Paul Bearer smirked one last time before the feed was interrupted and the screen fizzled out before returning to a shot of the arena.

Cole: Oh my…Booker T is in for one hell of a night this Sunday at the Great American Bash.

Tazz: I think Booker should conveniently miss his flight because otherwise he is in for one hell of a night!

Cole: Well this Sunday is the Great American Bash, and here is the rundown of the card!

* John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero © *

* Rene Dupree vs. John Cena © – Ladder Match *

* Dudley Boyz vs. Rico and Charlie Haas © *

* Undertaker vs. Booker T *

* Chavo Guerrero vs. Jeff Hardy *

* Mordecai vs. Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty *

Tazz: That’s a packed card no doubt Cole!

Cole: It sure is, but in addition to that is the debut of the man known only as ‘Suzuki’. I’ve just been informed that he will take on Billy Kidman one-on-one in his debut match, and from what we’ve seen of this man, Booker T won’t be the only one in line for a long night!

Bubba Ray Dudley w/ D-Von Dudley and Paul Heyman vs. Charlie Haas w/ Rico

Miss Jackie didn’t accompany the Tag Team champions to ring side due to her still being in hospital after the Dudley Boyz put her through a table last week on SmackDown. Thankfully, Rico has recovered from his concussion from two weeks ago and is fit to be at ringside, but unable to compete tonight. It was originally scheduled to be Bubba vs. Rico, but that will not happen tonight due to Rico’s condition. Bubba and Haas went to lock up, but Haas ducked the grapple and went straight into a back grapple. Haas hit a facebuster before rolling round to lock in a headlock. This hold didn’t last to long however as Bubba managed to punch his way out of it before dropping an elbow to the back of Charlie Haas. Bubba shouted out loudly and pointed at Haas, “Look at him now!” Bubba dominated for much of the match, and kept Haas grounded so the former All-American was unable to ‘out-wrestle’ him. After much domination throughout the match by Bubba, the Dudley set Charlie Haas up for a reverse DDT off of the turnbuckle, but Haas managed to fight out of it and deliver a cross body off the top! Both Bubba and Haas were down, and on the outside Rico was getting the crowd behind his team-mate. Both men got to their feet at the same time, and went toe-to-toe, exchanging blow after blow until Haas got the upper hand in the exchange by knocking Bubba into a corner. Haas charged in with a Stinger splash, but only ate the turnbuckle as Bubba dodged the move! Bubba signalled to D-Von to get in the ring, and D-Von hopped up onto the apron. Rico rushed round to D-Von, pulled him off the apron and laid a big kiss on him! D-Von and Paul Heyman were totally shocked, as was Bubba who turned round to eat a super kick from Charlie Haas for the 1…2…3!

Winner: Charlie Haas (9:56)

Immediately after the bell, Rico got laid out by a punch to the face by D-Von, who got on top of him and beat the holy hell out of him! Charlie Haas went to help his tag team partner, and managed to get D-Von off of him, only to be knocked to the floor by a chair-wielding Paul Heyman! Paul Heyman smirked, and yelled, “D-Von, get the tables!” D-Von nodded and smiled before retrieving a table and tossing it to Bubba in the ring. Paul Heyman smashed the chair across the heads of both Charlie Haas and Rico for good measure, before D-Von rolled them into the ring. The Dudleyz put Charlie Haas on the table…and drove Rico through the table and his partner with a vicious 3D! The Dudleyz psyched each other up for the Sunday, as Paul Heyman grabbed a hold of their wrists and raised them in the air as the crowd firmly ‘booed’ their despicable actions.

Commercial Break

*WORD LIFE, THIS IS BASIC THUGANOMICS*

John Cena’s music hit the PA system as SmackDown returned from it’s commercial break. The United States champion made his way to ringside, but Cena didn’t appear to be his usual jokey self.

Cena: Woah, woah, woah. Kill the beat. I’m out here coz I got something to get off my chest. Last week I beat Torrie Wilson to save my job and because of me winning, she ain’t got a job now. She got fired. I ain’t proud of my actions, not one iota. But I ain’t gonna apologize for what happened, because I can’t. Let’s look at like this, if she beat me, she’d be out doing the same. I’m out here, because I wanna talk about my Great American Bash opponent…Rene Dupree. This Sunday, I’m gonna defend this here title against his sorry French ass, and I’m gonna climb that little ladder, and I’m gonna walk out of there still the United States champion bitch! Rene, you ain’t got nothing on me you French fry; you’re a typical little Frenchy boy. You talk the talk, but you damn sure can’t walk the walk. You come out here, you talk about what you’re gonna do to me in our match…you’re word means squat dawg! When was the last time you beat me? What about…nope, I beat you then. Oh, what…nope, that was me as well! Oh I know, it was…damn man, you ain’t never beat me have you? So this Sunday, I’m gonna whoop your ass all over the arena, out onto the streets, and then I’m gonna climb that ladder and I’ll walk out of there still the…

Before Cena could finish, the music of the challenger for Cena’s United States title hit! Rene Dupree walked out onto the ramp with Fifi, as two men came out behind him carrying an aluminium ladder and setting it up beside him before departing. Dupree rested against the ladder and pulled a microphone out of his robe pocket.

Dupree: Do you Americans EVER shut up? I mean really? You people go on and on about how ‘great you are’, and how ‘great this place is’ and how ‘you will defeat me at the GREAT American Bash’? Zat is silly! Vot you people don’t understand is zat we French, we are lovers not fighters! In ze past; yes you have beaten me, but the reason for zat is I let you beat me!

Cena: What the hell are you smoking man? You ‘let me’ beat you? Shall we have a look at you ‘letting me’ beat you? Roll the footage!

Footage is shown of Cena beating Rene Dupree at Judgment Day, and on SmackDown as well as house show victories.

Dupree: I didn’t even try during zose. I know how much confidence effects you Americans. Us French…we have no doubts in our abilities, as I know that I can beat you.

Cena: What the hell you chatting about boy? Your abilities are right up there with J-Lo’s singing ability!

Dupree: Zat is funny, but do you know what else is funny ‘John’?

Cena: Your hair?

Dupree: No not my h…

Cena: Your dog?

Dupree: What is funny about Fifi? Don’t insult my dog! Fifi is beautiful! Aren’t you Fifi? (Dupree cuddles Fifi as he talks to her) Fifi is beautiful isn’t she? (Crowd boos and shouts ‘no’) Vat do you people know? After all, you ARE Americans? No champ…I’ll tell you what is funny. You have to face Mark Jindrak in just a moment, and Jindrak is a very talented gentleman, considering he is American and all! But you see, “the Reflection of Perfection” is going to beat you down like the ignorant, stupid, talentless rapping little American that you are! And then come Sunday, I shall climb right to ze very top of this very ladder…and I will be the new French…uh United States champion!

Dupree put his microphone back into his pocket and climbed to the top of the ladder, as Mark Jindrak and Theodore Long made their way out. Long went over and shook Rene’s hand and patted Fifi as Jindrak entered the ring down the ramp.

John Cena vs. Mark Jindrak w/ Theodore Long

The match was joined in progress after a quick promo advert for the Great American Bash. Jindrak was in a corner, and Cena was delivering right hands, chops and kicks, showing the champion was in complete control. Dupree remained at the top of the ramp, sitting at the very top of the ladder with Fifi in his lap. Cena had set Jindrak up for a superplex off the top rope, but Jindrak had blocked it, before showing amazing strength to pick Cena up whilst he was in a sitting position on the turnbuckle, and then literally threw Cena into the ring, pancaking the US champion! Jindrak climbed down off of the turnbuckle and wipped his nose and mouth to see his nose was bleeding from the punishment Cena had administered earlier. This served to piss of “the Reflection of Perfection”, as Jindrak walked over the Cena, picked him up and tossed him out of the ring. Jindrak followed him out and stomped away at the face of the champion. He then picked him up again and suplexed him onto the guard rail around ringside! Jindrak pounded away at his back as Cena fell onto the floor. Jindrak picked him up yet again and drove him shoulder first into the steel steps! Dupree was really enjoying the display, as he applauded every move Jindrak performed and everything he did. Jindrak rolled him back into the ring to make the pin, but Cena kicked out after two! Jindrak didn’t seem very pleased, as he locked in an armbar on Cena’s hurt arm. Cena writhed in pain, but wouldn’t submit despite constant pressure from Jindrak’s hold and the referee’s continuous questions. Jindrak finally released the armbar, and brought Cena to his feet and set him up for the Mark of Perfection, but Cena faught out of it and out of nowhere lifted Jindrak up for the FU! But Cena’s arm gave way and he was forced to drop Jindrak! Jindrak charged at Cena, who ducked a clothesline and laid him out with one of his own! Unfortunately, Cena used his injured arm for the clothesline, and both he and his opponent were down and out. The referee started his 10 count, and Rene Dupree looked a little worried up on his ladder, and the challenger for the US title climbed down and walked to ringside with Fifi to support Mark Jindrak. Both men got to their feet at about the same time, and Jindrak unleashed the first punch, which Cena blocked before responding with his own! They exchanged blows for a while before Cena gained the upper hand and had Jindrak on the back foot. Cena was heavily favouring his right arm, and used it to lay out Jindrak with a clothesline. Cena came off the ropes and delivered the Five Knuckle Shuffle! Cena turned around to the crowd and taunted to them before ‘pumping it up’, signifying he was going for the FU! Just then, Rene Dupree jumped up on the apron, but was quickly knocked off by John Cena punching him in the face. But as soon as Cena turned around, Jindrak caught him and hit the Mark of Perfection! Jindrak rolled into a cover and got the 1…2…3 over the United States champion!

Winner: Mark Jindrak (16:43)

Rene Dupree got up off the floor with a smile, before climbing into the ring. He looked at John Cena and pointed to him. “Look at your little champion eh? He’s worthless”, he shouted. He picked up the champion and hit his Michinoku Driver before standing over him. He looked at the ladder, and seemed to be telling someone to ‘come on’ by his hand motions. The two men who brought the ladder out initially came out again and folded it up and brought the ladder into the ring. Dupree looked at Mark Jindrak, and asked him to help him. The two men picked Cena up and lifted him up high for a double-suplex…and dropped him back first across the ladder! Jindrak then positioned the ladder a little closer to the corner, and put John Cena’s injured arm inside the ladder! Rene Dupree went to the second rope…and jumped on the ladder, crushing Cena’s arm inside it! Rene Dupree stood over Cena, who was writhing about in pain, and Dupree did his little ‘French Tickler’ dance, before laughing at him and leaving the ring.

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back everyone. We just witnessed a very disturbing incident involving Mark Jindrak, and Great American Bash opponents Rene Dupree and John Cena. Cena had Jindrak pegged back; he was dominating the match until Rene Dupree stuck his nose in and cost John Cena the match. After the match ended was where the really disturbing incident happened though.

Tazz: I’m still rubbing my eyes! I can’t believe what we just saw.

Cole: Me neither. I don’t think words will do enough justice here, so I think we’ll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

Footage of the end of the John Cena/Mark Jindrak match was shown, showing Cena’s arm getting crushed under the weight of the ladder and Rene Dupree.

Cole: Disturbing I know. During the commercial break, John Cena was taken to a local medical facility to check out the extent of the injury. We all wish John a speedy recovery, and we hope is able to compete this Sunday at the Great American Bash pay-per-view.

Tazz: Yeah, props to the guy, he put up a fight but two-no-one ain’t never good odds man. I got a question though; what’s going to happen if John Cena CANNOT compete Sunday night?

Cole: I don’t know. I’d assume the best bet is the match will be re-scheduled. I don’t know how bad the injury is, but I know this; if the competitor is inactive for 30 days, the title will be stripped.

Tazz: Damn…that’s bad. Not only could Cena’s be severely injured, there’s also the possibility he could lose his title without even actually losing it?

Cole: That’s the way it is unfortunately. Well, again we wish John Cena a speedy recovery, and we hope to see him this Sunday at the Great American Bash. Up next, Booker T takes on Billy Gunn!

Tazz: Booker T fought and beat Hardcore Holly last week, now he goes one-on-one with Holly’s ag team partner Billy Gunn! Getting a victory over Hardcore Holly ain’t easy, and neither is beating Billy Gunn.

Cole: If Booker can beat him, he’ll have a lot of momentum going into his pay-per-view match with the Undertaker!

Billy Gunn vs. Booker T

Hardcore Holly wasn’t at ringside tonight, as it is reported he picked up an injury over the weekend at a non-televised event. The injury isn’t anything major, and Holly will return to action over the weekend. Gunn and Booker worked out to be a good match, with both men getting in each others faces early on before Booker T bitch-slapped Gunn. Gunn responded with a slap of his own! Booker attempted to slap Gunn again, but Gunn ducked and laid into Booker T with very stiff rights and lefts! Gunn pounded Booker into a corner before he spun round and ran into his chest and neck with a forearm shot. The match continued like this with each man getting a run of dominance. A notable moment in the match came when Billy Gunn had whipped Booker T into the ropes, Booker ducked a clothesline attempt by Gunn but bounced back and laid Gunn and the referee with a high crescent kick! Booker tried to pin Gunn, but when no count came, he realised the referee was out cold. Booker rolled out of the ring, grabbed a chair and brought it inside the ring. Billy Gunn had wearily recovered by this point, only to be knocked stone cold out again by Booker T, courtesy of the steel chair! Booker kicked the referee in the side, and then covered Billy Gunn. The referee slowly made the count…1……2……kick out! Gunn kicked out! Booker T couldn’t believe it, as he covered him again, getting another two and a half count. Booker picked Gunn up and set him up for the Book End, but Gunn fought out of it and out of nowhere managed to hit the One and Only! Both men were down, but slowly managed to regain their composure and get to their feet at around the nine count. Gunn stepped forward to grapple Booker, but Booker ducked it and hit the Book End from nothing! Booker covered Gunn…1…2…3! Booker gets the big victory going into his match with the Dead Man!

Winner: Booker T (9:25)

Tazz: Woah, huge, HUGE props to my man, Booker T! What a great victory there man.

Cole: It was a hard fought victory I won’t deny that, but Booker did use a steel chair and that my friend is called cheating!

Tazz: Hold up man! It’s only cheating if you get caught! You’ve seen other guys do it as well, and Booker didn’t get caught…what the? What’s this?

The camera cut backstage where the cameraman is running down a corridor. In front of the camera, at the end of the corridor is a crowd of people. As soon as the camera catches up, it is revealed that Spike Dudley is lying in a bloody mess after seemingly having been thrown through both a window and through a table! There is glass all around him and the table is broken into pieces. Billy Kidman, Paul London, Charlie Haas and many others are stranding around him and tending to him. Haas was trying to check if he was ok, but Spike wasn’t moving and didn’t say a thing. Kidman was shouting out, asking where the medics were. Who did this?

Cole: My god…what happened back there? Spike is in a mess! I can’t believe this!

Tazz: That’s pretty scary Cole…Spike’s a good friend of mine; a former tag team partner no less. I need to find out what happened. (Tazz takes off his headset and leaves the announce table)

Cole: Ok. Well we have to take a break right now, we’ll be back shortly, hopefully with news on Spike and we’ll have our main even of Chavo Classic and Chavo Guerrero against Jeff Hardy and a partner of his choosing.

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back guys. Moments ago, Spike Dudley was found lying in a pool of his own blood after going through a table and a window. Tazz you’re just in time, what’d you find out?

Tazz: …man, that was creepy. All I can say is…damn.

Cole: I know what you mean partner.

Tazz: No no, the entire area is a mess. There was blood everywhere. The cameras didn’t show it, but the walls were covered with blood, the room in which he must’ve been thrown out of; that was totally and utterly wrecked.

Cole: I don’t know what to say. Four guys in one show; first Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi, then John Cena, now Spike Dudley. I hope Spike recovers quickly and isn’t away for to long. Well, the show must go on, and up next is the main event! Chavo Guerrero and his dad Chavo Classic will team up to face Jeff Hardy and a partner of his choosing.

Tazz: I wonder who he’s chosen as his partner Cole?

Cole: Well, I’ve just been informed Jeff is making his decision right now! He’s talking to the guy now, let’s have a look!

The camera cuts to the back where Jeff is standing next to an open door.

Jeff: Wow man. I, I don’t know what to say! I’m honoured you’d want to be my partner tonight. You sure about this? Ok then, I’ll see you out there.

Tazz: Who is it? Did you see who it was?

Cole: No man, I didn’t see a thing. It could be anyone. We know Jeff has got a lot of friends here on SmackDown, but he said he was honoured that this mystery man wanted to team with him, so let’s just wait and see!

The music of the Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero hit the speakers, and Los Chavo’s made their way out to the ring. The Guerreros didn’t seem to be bothered by whoever Jeff’s partner was, as they obviously didn’t care. Jeff Hardy was out next and came all the way out to the bottom of the ramp before turning round, pointing to the entrance way and bowing his head. Music hit the speakers, as the pyro’s went off in unison with the dragon roar as ULTIMO DRAGON made his return to SmackDown after several months’ absence!

user posted image

Los Chavo Guerreros vs. Jeff Hardy and Ultimo Dragon

Ultimo made took his time making his way out to the ring, going up to fans and slapping their hands, giving everyone high fives. Both Chavo’s cleared the ring, as both Jeff Hardy and Ultimo Dragon ran into the ring and posed on opposite turnbuckles, ala the Hardy Boyz from a few years back. Jeff decided to start the match, as did Chavo Classic. Classic stood opposite Jeff and the two circled each other for a bit until Classic returned to his own corner, and tagged his son in! Chavo and Jeff went to lock up, but Jeff ducked the grapple and dropkicked Chavo in the backside! Chavo fell to his knees, as the crowd laughed and Jeff applauded his own action. When Chavo returned to his feet, the two went for another lock up, this time Chavo ducked it, pulled Jeff’s feet out from under him and slapped him around the head. Chavo went over to his dad and the two erupted in laughter, as the crowd booed them loudly. Jeff got up off of his knees and charged at Chavo in the corner, taking him down with a clothesline to the back of the head before kicking him down in the corner. He then proceeded to drag him into the centre of the ring before hitting a spiral leg drop, getting a two count. Jeff tagged in Ultimo, much to the crowds pleasure, and the two whipped Chavo into the corner. Ultimo followed him in and knelt down in front of the Cruiserweight champion for Jeff to take it up a gear and knock Chavo’s teeth down his throat with a spinning heel kick! Ultimo was dominant for a while, until he missed a martial arts kick, which Chavo ducked under and hit a big backdrop to take him down. Chavo tagged in his dad, and both men delivered a double-suplex followed by a vicious kick down in the centre of the ring. The referee managed to force Chavo Guerrero to leave the ring, only for Chavo Classic to tag him back in again! The two then hit a double DDT before Classic finally left the ring, leaving Ultimo alone with his the champion. SmackDown had to take its last commercial break of the night.

Commercial Break

Cole: Welcome back. All throughout the break, Ultimo Dragon has been on the receiving end of a lot of punishment here. Most of it came from Chavo Guerrero, but he and Chavo Classic had a hand in this.

Tazz: Yeah, take a look man, the Chavo’s hit a big double brainbuster on Ultimo earlier on in the match, and he’s been out ever since man!

Cole: I don’t think this is quite the return to SmackDown Ultimo Dragon was expecting.

Tazz: No way man! Ultimo knew that it’d be tough, but no doubt, no doubt that he didn’t expect this sort of a night here!

Cole: Well, let’s get back to the action without any further ado!

Ultimo Dragon had just been knocked over by a punch from Chavo Guerrero, who then mounted him and laid into him with a barrage of lefts and rights before getting up and stepping on his face! Chavo picked Ultimo up and dragged him to the corner before tagging in his dad, and the two Chavo’s whipped Ultimo to the opposite corner. Classic ran in, but Ultimo kicked him in the mouth! Chavo then attempted to follow up, but Ultimo pulled himself onto the top rope and kicked the champion in the side of the head, knocking him out of the ring before he executed a sunset flip off of the turnbuckle to Chavo Classic for a very near fall! Ultimo struggled to his feet and tried to tag in Jeff, but Classic got up and spun him around. Ultimo attempted to kick him, but Classic caught his leg! Ultimo hopped for a bit as Chavo Classic pointed to his head, as if to say ‘look at how clever I am’, but Chavo soon fell to the mat in a heap as Ultimo hit an enziguri!! He reached out towards his partner…and tagged in Jeff Hardy! Jeff laid out Classic with a spinning heel kick, then took out Chavo with a snap suplex. Classic came back at him, but he grabbed his legs and dropped him to the mat before hitting a leg drop to the ‘inner thigh’! Jeff then took his top off as the girls went wild, and he went to the top rope to hit the Swanton Bomb…and he connected! He made the pin…1…2…Chavo Guerrero breaks it up! Ultimo Dragon then reached in, tagged himself into the match and kicked the champion in the side of his head, and he fell right on top of his dad! Ultimo looked, looked again, and ran to the ropes before executing a picture perfect Asai moonsault! He rolled Chavo Guerrero out of the way and covered Chavo Classic…1…2…3! Ultimo Dragon pins Classic, and he’s back in style!

Winners: Ultimo Dragon and Jeff Hardy (17:48)

Cole: Wow! What a win! What a return for Ultimo Dragon!

Tazz: What a match Cole!

Cole: Neither Jeff nor Chavo Guerrero were involved in the decision, so neither man has a clear advantage going into the Great American Bash this Sunday.

Tazz: And what a match that is gonna be man! Two of the greatest cruiserweight’s in the world man, going at it for the richest prize for every single cruiserweight out there!

Cole: Well that’s all we have time for…wait a minute, I’ve just been told John “Bradshaw” Layfield is here! He’s in the back!

Tazz: What the…? I thought Kurt Angle gave him the night off?

Cole: So did I! Well, let’s go to the back and see what he’s here for!

The camera cuts to the back where John “Bradshaw” Layfield is sitting in his limo with his microphone in hand.

JBL: Eddie Guerrero! I know that you ain’t here tonight you stinking moron, but I thought I would come to the arena and send a little message to you. This Sunday, I’m gonna win the WWE championship and give that title the damn dignity and respect it deserves! That is if you haven’t already pawned the thing you lying, cheating thief! Oh wait, I’ll tell you what, you COULDN’T have possibly pawned it yet could you? Do you people know how I know this? Well, this is how I know!

JBL leans across and picks up a bag and pulls out…Eddie Guerrero’s WWE championship belt! The belt has blood stained over it as well.

JBL: Now I know you people are wondering how I got this. Rey Mysterio is wondering, but there’s somebody who isn’t wondering…and do you know who that is? That’s right, it’s Eddie Guerrero himself. Hey Manuel (shouting to the driver)? Did you give the tape to the production guys (Manuel shouts “yeah” off-screen)? Good, see Eddie, this guy is a good person. He has a job that he takes pride in. I mean I was actually able to leave my wallet in the limo and it was still here after my little…should we say, my little trip this morning. So run the tape!

A video is played that says “earlier today” in a caption at the bottom, with John “Bradshaw” Layfield standing outside a door, seemingly in the middle of the night/early morning.

JBL: This is going to be fun, well, for me anyway!

He opens the door with a key and enters the house. Bradshaw signals for the cameraman to follow him up the stairs. He reaches a door and tells the cameraman to be quiet. He does a ‘three, two, one’ countdown before busting in the room and attacking somebody! He beats the person down on the mans bed and picks him up and throws him head first into the mirror on the wall! When the person falls to the ground, it’s revealed that the person is WWE champion Eddie Guerrero! Bradshaw climbs over his prone body and grabs a bag and stuffs Eddie’s WWE championship inside it before spitting on Eddie, and walking away laughing.

We return to live action where the crowd are booing VERY loudly as JBL laughs at the footage. JBL pulls out a piece of cloth, spits on it and wipes the blood off the title belt.

JBL: This belt isn’t officially mine yet, but come this Sunday, I WILL be the new WWE champion, you mark my words! Driver, let’s go!

Bradshaw threw the blood-stained rag out of the limo and closed the door before the limo sped off out of the arena. The camera turned to look at the bloody cloth as SmackDown went off the air!

Sorry about the big delay between cards. My internet has been down for a while, so I've had trouble getting on. The finalised Great American Bash card will be posted after Velocity is done.

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

This is a really great diary, well done guys.

RAW: I'm totally loving the Rhyno push. He should've had that Intercontinental Title a long time ago ...

Smackdown: It looks like Rey Mysterio is on his way to a long push as well, which is also a great idea.

I look forward to Bash ...

user posted image

10th June 2004

SmackDown Review

Overall Rating: 75%

Nielson Rating:

Attendance: 8,547

Angle makes Jeff Hardy vs. Los Chavo Guerreros [ 98 ]

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty d. Basham Brothers [ 70 / 66 / 75 ]

Mordecai informs Scotty and Rikishi it will be a handicap match [ 81 ]

Paul Bearer and Undertaker interview [ 84 ]

Charlie Haas d. Bubba Ray Dudley [ 76 / 77 / 76 ]

John Cena interview [ 77 ]

Mark Jindrak d. John Cena [ 78 / 75 / 81 ]

Booker T d. Billy Gunn [ 79 / 81 / 77 ]

Spike Dudley is found beaten unconscious backstage [ 62 ]

Ultimo Dragon and Jeff Hardy d. Los Chavo Guerreros [ 73 / 67 / 79 ]

John “Bradshaw” Layfield steals Eddie Guerrero’s WWE championship [ 74 ]

Match of the Night: Booker T d. Billy Gunn

Segment of the Night: Angle makes Jeff Hardy vs. Los Chavo Guerreros

NEWS AND RUMOURS

* WWE held talks with Ultimo Dragon over the past couple of weeks in hopes that he would return to work for them after his leave was up. They finally realised that he wasn’t ‘another Mysterio’ type wrestler, and realised that he could be one hell of a challenger for the Cruiserweight title, if not more! They came to an agreement about a week ago for Dragon to return to SmackDown and team up with Jeff Hardy against the Chavo’s. Whether this will lead to a Cruiserweight title feud or reign in the near future is unknown, but it is known that Dragon has signed a brand new 2-year contract with the company.

* Mordecai is rumoured to be bringing in a new ‘7 deadly sins’ way of picking off his opponents. He said on SmackDown that ‘envy is the first step to hell’ where envy is the first of the 7 deadly sins. This gimmick was originally Raven’s idea when he worked in WWE a while back, but before the gimmick could get off the ground, Raven was released. It is unclear how far Mordecai will take this gimmick, but it has been rumoured that he will feud with the Undertaker or the WWE champion before the year is out.

* Kenzo Suzuki will finally debut at the Great American Bash against Billy Kidman. However, WWE officials are said to have soured on him before he has even debuted. He was originally sketched down to challenge for the WWE title immediately, but at the moment, the writers aren’t even sure if he will win his debut match! He has spent time training in WWE’s ‘farm’, Ohio Valley Wrestling, and one of the trainers there has expressed his worries about his actual wrestling ability straight to Vince McMahon himself. He has told him that Suzuki is having trouble getting a hang of some of the basic wrestling moves. McMahon still remains high on him, and in the end I suppose that’s all that matters!

* There is a rumour going around that Sean Waltman has been in talks with WWE over a possible return. He was present backstage at Backlash and recent RAW shows to meet with old friends Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Originally he was there to catch up and work things out with Triple H, but now it seems that he may be on the verge of a return. Waltman isn’t in the best shape at the moment; so he would have to take care of that if he wanted a return, but now he has patched things up with Triple H, the husband of the bosses’ daughter could well get his friend a job in the company. WWE management don’t want to hire him back at the moment, but they did leave the door open for a return when he left on good terms in 2002.

good job on signin Ultimo to a new contract.

Dragon=ratings

I say you scrap the 7 deadly sins gimmick, with your writing ability, i doubt that you'd pull it off . . . lol, i'm just kidding. I say go for it man.

user posted image

Saturday 12th June 2004

Announcers: Josh Matthews and Bill DeMott

Matthews: Hello everyone! Welcome to the no.1 show for wrestling action, Velocity! I’m Josh Matthews and right next to me is Bill DeMott. Bill, we’re just 24 hours away from the Great American Bash, and there is a packed card waiting for us. What match are you looking forward to?

DeMott: I gotta admit, being a big fan of the cruiserweights I am looking forward to the Cruiserweight title match between Jeff Hardy and the champion Chavo Guerrero. But the WWE championship match is going to be off the hook! John “Bradshaw” Layfield and Rey Mysterio challenge for Eddie Guerrero’s WWE title in a triple threat. What about you Josh? What are you looking forward to?

Matthews: Everything! Every single match will be great I can see it. We’ll run down the Great American Bash card a little later on, and give you exclusive news on another match, which was added today by General Manager Kurt Angle. Up next is Akio and Sakoda taking on the Full Blooded Italians, and Bill, you’ve been impressed by Akio and Sakoda haven’t you?

DeMott: Yes I have, they have done a lot to impress me over the past couple of weeks, and I’ve got my money on them to win tonight!

Akio and Sakoda vs. the Full Blooded Italians

Akio and Sakoda have been on a role lately. Picking up wins over the last few weeks out of nowhere. They’ve dropped the Japanese Mafia gimmick entirely, and are now playing more of a ‘no gimmick needed’ role. Akio started out with Nunzio, who quickly turned around and tagged in the bigger Johnny ‘the Bull’ Stamboli. The two locked up, and the Bull got the advantage after pushing Akio across the ring. Akio wiped away the cobwebs, and grappled up with Stamboli again, this time taking him down with a judo throw! The two men battled it out for much of the match, and whenever Stamboli had Akio down on the mat, he tagged in Nunzio to make the cover. But Akio kept kicking out, and Nunzio quickly ran across the ring and tagged Stamboli back in to do more damage! Towards the end of the match, Stamboli whipped Akio into the corner, and charged in after him, only to see Akio jump onto the top rope, jump over him and hit a standing enziguri to the back of his head! Akio crawled across the ring, and managed to tag in the bigger Sakoda! Sakoda cleaned house on both Nunzio and Stamboli and hit a big back body drop on Nunzio all the way to the outside before Stamboli slowed him down with a forearm to the back. Stamboli set him up for a powerbomb, but Akio prevented it with a martial arts kick to the jaw! Akio and Sakoda set him up…and they hit a double STO! Sakoda covers…1…2…3!

Winners: Akio and Sakoda (9:32)

69%

52%

86%

Matthews: Wowee! What a match there!

DeMott: Akio and Sakoda! The guys I picked to win! I told you they would didn’t I?

Matthews: That you did partner. Up next is a recap of the end of SmackDown involving John “Bradshaw” Layfield…and the WWE championship. Back after this.

Commercial Break

Matthews: Welcome back, and at the end of SmackDown this past Thursday night, John “Bradshaw” Layfield had a message to send to his Great American Bash opponents, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio.

The camera cuts to the back where John “Bradshaw” Layfield is sitting in his limo with his microphone in hand.

JBL: Eddie Guerrero! I know that you ain’t here tonight you stinking moron, but I thought I would come to the arena and send a little message to you. This Sunday, I’m gonna win the WWE championship and give that title the damn dignity and respect it deserves! That is if you haven’t already pawned the thing you lying, cheating thief! Oh wait, I’ll tell you what, you COULDN’T have possibly pawned it yet could you? Do you people know how I know this? Well, this is how I know!

JBL leans across and picks up a bag and pulls out…Eddie Guerrero’s WWE championship belt! The belt has blood stained over it as well.

JBL: Now I know you people are wondering how I got this. Rey Mysterio is wondering, but there’s somebody who isn’t wondering…and do you know who that is? That’s right, it’s Eddie Guerrero himself. Hey Manuel (shouting to the driver)? Did you give the tape to the production guys (Manuel shouts “yeah” off-screen)? Good, see Eddie, this guy is a good person. He has a job that he takes pride in. I mean I was actually able to leave my wallet in the limo and it was still here after my little…should we say, my little trip this morning. So run the tape!

A video is played that says “earlier today” in a caption at the bottom, with John “Bradshaw” Layfield standing outside a door, seemingly in the middle of the night/early morning.

JBL: This is going to be fun, well, for me anyway!

He opens the door with a key and enters the house. Bradshaw signals for the cameraman to follow him up the stairs. He reaches a door and tells the cameraman to be quiet. He does a ‘three, two, one’ countdown before busting in the room and attacking somebody! He beats the person down on the mans bed and picks him up and throws him head first into the mirror on the wall! When the person falls to the ground, it’s revealed that the person is WWE champion Eddie Guerrero! Bradshaw climbs over his prone body and grabs a bag and stuffs Eddie’s WWE championship inside it before spitting on Eddie, and walking away laughing.

We return to live action where the crowd are booing VERY loudly as JBL laughs at the footage. JBL pulls out a piece of cloth, spits on it and wipes the blood off the title belt.

JBL: This belt isn’t officially mine yet, but come this Sunday, I WILL be the new WWE champion, you mark my words! Driver, let’s go!

79%

Matthews: Wow. That was one hell of a simple message for Eddie.

DeMott: Yup, there’s a new WWE champion in town after Sunday night, I can feel it!

Matthews: Speaking of messages; the Undertaker and Paul Bearer had a message for Booker T as well on SmackDown!

Michael Cole was cut off, but not just that, they screen fuzzed out and a information bar appeared on the screen, saying “Sorry for the interruption, we are encountering problems. SmackDown will be back momentarily.” The screen fizzled out again, and this time came back into full view, focusing in on tombstone in the middle of a graveyard that read: ‘Booker T. March 1st 1965 – June 13th 2004”. The camera then pulled back and swung around to focus on the Undertaker and Paul Bearer. The Dead Man stood behind Paul Bearer with his head down, but his eyes focused on the camera. Bearer stood there with the Undertaker’s urn in his hands, as an evil grin emerged across his face. Bearer looked up and let out a vile laugh.

Bearer: Booker T…you’ve been saying you aren’t afraaaaid of the Undertaker? Weeeeeeeeel he doesn’t believe you…He saw the fear etched onto your face last week, and he knows that you are terrrrrrrified of him. I wanted to let you know Booker, that if it wasn’t for meeeeeee, you’d be dead already, but I’ve been holding the Undertaker back. I may have used all of my power to do so, but it has stopped him from destroyyyyyying you completely. Last week was just a little message for you. You seeeeeeeeee, at the Great American Bash, the Undertaker will be let off the leash, and the Dead Man will no longer be under my influence. Everything that this…this man does to you on Sunday will be of his own doing, and I will have noooooooo control what so ever. I thought it would be only fair to warn you Booker, the end is near, and the Dead have risen…

Undertaker’s head lifted up, he shot the camera an evil look and rolled back his eyes before saying.

Undertaker: Rest…in…Piece…

Undertaker’s eyes rolled back into his head, as Paul Bearer smirked one last time before the feed was interrupted and the screen fizzled out before returning to a shot of the arena.

78%

Commercial Break

Ultimo Dragon vs. Jamie Noble

Ultimo made his SmackDown return this past Thursday night, getting a pin fall victory over Chavo Classic in the process. The two amazing cruiserweights locked up, with Ultimo ending up in a headlock. Noble quickly moved into a go-behind on Dragon, and attempted to lift him up for a backdrop. But Ultimo reversed it with an arm drag, sending Noble across the ring. The two put on an amazing athletic display, with the crowd getting behind Ultimo Dragon 100%. Ultimo had Noble locked in the Dragon sleeper for a while, but Ultimo released the hold when Noble didn’t tap. He went to pick him up, but Noble gave him a thumb to the eye before hitting a tiger bomb out of nowhere! Noble and Dragon lay prone on the mat for about 20 seconds before Noble got the cover…1…2…kick out by the Dragon! The match continued to go back and forth, but with Noble in control for much of the match. The end sequence of the match came when Noble set Dragon up on the top rope, and looked like he was going for a sunset flip, but actually seemed to signal a powerbomb! He got on the top rope with Dragon, and set him up for it…only for Dragon to get a mid-air reversal and hit a hurricanrana! Dragon slowly regained his composure and hit the Asai moonsault for the 1…2…3! Dragon wins again!

Winner: Ultimo Dragon (11:41)

78%

60%

97%

Commercial Break

Matthews: Welcome back folks, and Ultimo Dragon just picked up a big win over Jamie Noble before the commercial break.

DeMott: Yes he did Josh, a very impressive outing again. This man is one of the top cruiserweights in the world, hence why he’s on SmackDown.

Matthews: That victory could help him even more as he know has momentum for this Sunday’s 6-man elimination match to determine the no.1 contender for the Cruiserweight title!

DeMott: What?

Matthews: That’s right, that’s the other match that has been added to an already packed card. It’ll be Ultimo Dragon, Nunzio, Jamie Noble, Paul London, Shannon Moore and Akio battling it out. Survival of the fittest here, but let’s run down the whole card!

* John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero © *

* Rene Dupree vs. John Cena © [Ladder] *

* Dudley Boyz vs. Rico and Charlie Haas © *

* Undertaker vs. Booker T *

* Chavo Guerrero vs. Jeff Hardy *

* Mordecai vs. Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty *

* Suzuki vs. Billy Kidman *

* 6-person Elimination to determine the no.1 contender for the Cruiserweight title

Participants: Ultimo Dragon, Paul London, Akio, Jamie Noble, Shannon Moore, Nunzio *

82%

Matthews: What a packed card it is, and up next is the Cruiserweight champion in action against a man who will be involved in that six-man elimination match, Paul London!

Paul London vs. Chavo Guerrero w/ Chavo Classic

DeMott commented on these to superstars as being quite different. Although they are both cruiserweights, they are completely different. London’s style is more aerial than Chavo, who is more mat-based. Chavo ran in on London and managed a quick roll-up, but London kicked out almost immediately. As soon as London got to his feet, Chavo did the same again, with the same results. This time when London got up, Chavo hit a backdrop before locking in a single leg grapevine. London was very close to the ropes, and he managed to get out quickly. Chavo then rushed in again, but London ducked out the way and sent Chavo flying out of the ring! Chavo Classic helped his son to his feet and made sure he was ok. But unbeknownst to them, Paul London had an idea and he launched himself over the top rope, taking out both Chavo’s! London seemed to land awkwardly though, as he grabbed his left leg. He managed to get to his feet and throw Chavo Guerrero into the ring, and he followed him inside gingerly. London hit a standing moonsault, getting himself a two count in the process. London then picked him up and tried a northern-lights suplex, but Chavo blocked it and hit one of his own! Chavo didn’t got for the cover however, as he locked in a single-leg crab on the injured left leg of Paul London. Chavo continued like this for much of the match, picking London apart piece by piece but focusing mostly on the injured leg. Towards the end, Lonon had slowly mounted some offence of his own, and took Chavo out tornado DDT off the turnbuckle! London signified for something, and went to the top rope. He had trouble balancing and was trying to get some feeling back into his leg as Chavo got back to his feet and threw London across the ring! Chavo got onto him as quick as a whistle and hit the Gory Bomb! 1…2…3 Chavo wins the match going in to the Great American Bash!

Winner: Chavo Guerrero (12:16)

72%

59%

85%

Matthews: What another great match tonight! Don’t forget, there are eight great matches coming up tomorrow night at the Great American Bash live on pay-per-view!

DeMott: I can’t wait man! The Great American Bash will be excellent!

Matthews: See you same time next week! Enjoy the Bash!

Overall Rating: 65%

TV Rating: 4.31

Up next is the preview and final card for the Great American Bash. Post predictions if you want :D

user posted image

FINAL CARD AND PREVIEW

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Rey Mysterio vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs. Eddie Guerrero ©

user posted image vs. user posted image vs. user posted image

WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - LADDER

Rene Dupree vs. John Cena ©

user posted image vs. user posted image

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Dudley Boyz vs. Rico and Charlie Haas ©

user posted imageuser posted image vs. user posted imageuser posted image

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Jeff Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero ©

HANDICAP MATCH

Mordecai vs. Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi

user posted image vs. user posted imageuser posted image

Booker T vs. the Undertaker

ELIMINATION MATCH TO BE NO.1 CONTENDER FOR THE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Akio vs. Jamie Noble vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Nunzio vs. Paul London vs. Shannon Moore

user posted image vs. user posted image vs. user posted image vs. user posted image vs. user posted image vs. user posted image

DEBUT MATCH

Suzuki vs. Billy Kidman

Great American Bash could take a while for me to post, just wanted to let you guys know.

TheArsenal, i'm sure Monkey will have the results planned out long before, also i know most of the results, i think, but i'm just going to predict as if i don't, just hopefully i can get the ball rolling.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

HANDICAP MATCH

Akio vs. Jamie Noble vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Nunzio vs. Paul London vs. Shannon Moore

DEBUT MATCH

Suzuki vs. Billy Kidman

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

This should be interesting with Mysterio in there, lets hope Bradshit don't win ;). Fire him after this event please ;)

I think giving the strap to Dupree would be a good idea and then this could put Cena in the main event

Rico and Haas make a great team and I would like to see them as champions for longer

An unclean win here, perhaps interference from Matt Hardy, who knows

HANDICAP MATCH

Meh, bland as bland can be. Suppose it will be a squash

Booker T vs. The Undertaker

I think a Booker win could be on the cards here

Brilliant match and I think if Chavo wins then London would be the most suitable oppenent for him after his fued with Hardy

DEBUT MATCH

Kenzo Suzuki vs. Billy Kidman

I doubt there will be a Kidman win on Suzuki's debut, a squash match, why isn't Kidman in the battle royal??

This is just to inform everybody that the Great American Bash will be posted in two parts.

The first part will be Heat, and that could be up before the day is done, whereas the actual PPV will be after that. I'll do a PPV review thing afterwards as welL.

KEEP PREDICTING!!!!!

user posted image

THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH PRE-SHOW

13th June 2004

Heat Pre-Show hosted by Josh Matthews, Rue and Bill DeMott

Matthews: Hello and welcome to Sunday Night Heat! SmackDown has taken over the show tonight, and that is because in just under an hour the SmackDown-Exclusive pay-per-view, the Great American Bash will begin! I’m sitting next to Bill DeMott, say hello Bill.

DeMott: Hello Bill…hey!

Matthews: Ha ha. And backstage tonight is Rue! She’ll be bringing us exclusive information on the matches throughout the night! Now before we go any further, let’s give a run-down of the Great American Bash card tonight! We have the WWE Cruiserweight title on the line as Jeff Hardy challenges the champion Chavo Guerrero for his title.

DeMott: Jeff returned to WWE and SmackDown a few weeks back as the mystery opponent for Chavo Guerrero.

Matthews: That’s right, Jeff was unable to get the big win over Chavo, but a lot of that would have to be credited to Chavo being the wily cheater that he is, seen as he had his feet on the second rope for the win! On the subject of cruiserweights, there will be a big 6-man elimination match to determine the new number one contender for the title! It’s going to be a pinfall elimination match, and the winner will get a Cruiserweight title shot in the near future.

DeMott: I think I’ll talk about the six guys that are in this match if you don’t mind! You got Shannon Moore, FBI member Nunzio, Paul London, Jamie Noble, my personal pick Akio, and of course the Ultimo Dragon is back and is the sixth man!

Matthews: Also tonight is the big meeting between Booker T and the Undertaker! Undertaker defeated Booker T quite a while back at SmackDown’s last pay-per-view Judgment Day, and Booker T has been out for revenge ever since. I don’t Booker could take it if he was unable to beat the Dead Man tonight!

DeMott: No way. Booker’s been so focused on this match; I’ve heard him talk about nothing else, which is why I expect him to win that match!

Matthews: The WWE Tag Team titles are on the line as Buba Ray and D-Von Dudley challenge the champions Rico and Charlie Haas.

DeMott: These two teams have built up quite a little rivalry, what with it being the Dudleyz who have put Rico and Miss Jackie out of action recently.

Matthews: Miss Jackie WON’T be here tonight, as she is still recovering from the attack by the Dudleyz. We can’t forget this…the debut of the man known only as Suzuki. We’ve seen all the video packages for this guy. We’ve seen the stuff he can do in an empty room, but will he live up to the hype against a real wrestler and in front of an audience of over 10,000 fans?

DeMott: Good question. He could always get butterflies, but from what we’ve seen in these video packages, Suzuki does seem very impressive.

Matthews: Suzuki takes on Billy Kidman in his debut. Of course there is also the WWE United States championship match, a title you once held when you were in WCW.

DeMott: That I did, Rene Dupree and John Cena in a ladder match! Both two hot, up and coming superstars who have very bright futures in this industry, hopefully here on SmackDown!

Matthews: Cena and Dupree have battled each other numerous times since Dupree joined SmackDown from RAW after WrestleMania XX in March, but Cena has the upper hand in singles competition.

DeMott: You know, as much as I hate to say it, I can see a new WWE US champion crowned tonight. Cena has that injured arm of his, it ain’t clear how badly damaged it is, but look at it like this; it got crushed in a ladder! It ain’t gonna be 100%

Matthews: There is also the handicap match that will pit Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi against the ‘Pale Rider’ Mordecai. I think Tazz said it best on SmackDown, who exactly is the one handicapped tonight?

DeMott: Good question. Good question. I don’t know to be honest man. This Mordecai guy has scary strength. He likes to think of himself as the man who was sent by a higher power to cleanse the WWE and the world. Whether it’s true or not, whether he’s just a nut-ball or whatever, he believes it, and that’s bad news for everybody here on SmackDown.

Matthews: That’s right. Last but certainly not least, the battle for the richest prize in the game; the WWE championship match between the champion Eddie Guerrero and the two challengers Rey Mysterio and John “Bradshaw” Layfield. Eddie and JBL were involved in one of the most ruthless matches in WWE history last month when they fought over the WWE championship at Judgment Day.

DeMott: That they did and Eddie came out on top, albeit via a disqualification. But we’ve seen what happens when Bradshaw is in the same ring as Eddie Guerrero; all hell breaks loose! Add a firecracker like Rey Mysterio into the mix and you have all the ingredients for a memorable main event!

Matthews: We’ve gotta take a break, but when we come back, Rue will be talking to Rey Mysterio about the biggest match of his entire career!

Commercial Break

Matthews: We’re just a short time away from the Great American Bash, and I’m really getting even more pumped up as we get closer!

DeMott: Me too man! This event will be amazing! I can just feel it! So many first’s tonight!

Matthews: That’s true, and one of those firsts involves Rey Mysterio main eventing a WWE pay-per-view! He is involved in the triple-threat match for the WWE championship, and he is in the back with the beautiful Rue!

The cameras cut to the back where the interview area was all set up with the Great American Bash logo behind. Rue was standing there next to Rey Mysterio.

Rue: I am so looking forward to this event! This is the first WWE pay-per-view I’ve had to privilege to be a part of, and for Rey Mysterio, it’s the first time he’s ever appeared in a main event of a WWE pay-per-view. Rey you have a 1-1 record at the Great American Bash, losing to Dean Malenko in 1996 and a win while teaming with Konnan against the West Texas Rednecks, Bobby Duncum Jr. and the late great Curt Hennig in 1999. Will it be 2-1 in your favour after tonight is over?

Mysterio: We’ll tonight I’m getting in that ring with my close buddy Eddie Guerrero, and a big Texan that goes by the name of John “Bradshaw” Layfield. Bradshaw has a very big target on his chest as far as I’m concerned, especially after the stunt he pulled on SmackDown. In fact, he has quite a bit in common with the West Texas Rednecks. He’s from Texas, and he thinks that he is the best. Well let me just say something here; Eddie Guerrero is the best in the company as long as he holds that WWE title. But hey, if I have things my way, I’ll be holding that title after the night is over!

Rue: That would be an amazing achievement if you pulled that off. You’re certainly looked at as the underdog in this match, is that an advantage or a disadvantage to you?

Mysterio: It can be an advantage at times because people will underestimate you. I’m the smallest guy in the match and I know it, and so do my opponents week in and week out. The only difference here is Eddie and I know each other like the back of our hands, so that rules out any advantage I had there. But with Bradshaw, he’s the sort of person who thinks they are the greatest things going today, and that’s the way to beat the guy. He’ll underestimate you because he’ll be thinking I’m inferior to him. When I beat him 1…2…3 two weeks ago, I think that might’ve given him a reality check! And hell, if that didn’t, maybe when I pinned him in the tag match two weeks ago, maybe THAT had a little effect on how he perceives me! Yeah he’s bigger than me. Yeah he’s stronger than me. But I’m faster than him, and that’s how I can beat the guy.

Rue: Last of all, what do you think you think your chances are tonight?

Mysterio: Good. I think I got a good chance of winning the title tonight. I’m feeling good about the match; I’m feeling good in all. I have a feeling that the WWE championship will be heading home with Rey Mysterio to San Diego after the night is over!

Rue: Thanks so much for your time Rey, and good luck tonight.

Commercial Break

Matthews: Welcome back everybody. The Great American Bash is getting closer and closer as the time goes by. During the break, WWE champion Eddie Guerrero arrived at the arena.

The camera cuts to a ‘moments ago’ segment showing Eddie walking down a corridor with his bag. He had a plaster across his head, obviously the place that Eddie was driven into the glass last week. Rue appeared on the screen from behind with a microphone and tried to talk to Eddie.

Rue: Eddie. Eddie! Can I get a few words from you about your match tonight? Eddie?

Eddie was straight faced all the time and just ignored Rue as if she wasn’t there! Rue stopped as Eddie walked on, but she wished him good luck on the way.

Matthews: Eddie Guerrero is either very focused, or he’s very, very angry.

DeMott: I think the safe bet is to go with angry! I mean, John “Bradshaw” Layfield did attack him in his own home and steal his WWE championship! Wouldn’t you be just a little bit annoyed if that happened to you?

Matthews: True true, but I don’t think Eddie Guerrero can allow that sorta thing to get to him on such a big night. Even if he loses his concentration for a second that second could be all Mysterio needs to hit the West Coast Pop or for JBL to take his head off with a Clothesline from Hell!

DeMott: Hey Josh. What about the Cruiserweight title match!

Matthews: We have another sure-fire hit on our hands here with Jeff Hardy and Chavo Guerrero locking horns. Let’s see how this all came together.

VIDEO PACKAGE

A video airs of Chavo Guerrero defeating Jacqueline and his father Chavo Classic in a triple threat to retain the Cruiserweight title four weeks ago. After the match, Chavo issued his open challenge to any male cruiserweight to step up to the plate and challenge him the next week on SmackDown. The video then cut to the next week where the Chavo’s had made their way out and were getting all cocky, asking who had taken their challenge. This part of the video was spliced together with quick shots of Jeff Hardy, before it finally showed Jeff Hardy making his way to the ring. The video showed bits of the action before Classic pushed Jeff off of the top rope, allowing his son to cheat to win the match. It then moved to the match on the SmackDown just gone where Jeff and the returning Ultimo Dragon defeated the Chavo’s after Dragon pinned Chavo Classic. It ended with a shot of Chavo holding his title up high as Jeff looks on.

Matthews: Jeff Hardy and Chavo Guerrero will lock horns later tonight at the Great American Bash! Fans there is still plenty of time to order the Great American Bash if you haven’t already. And if you haven’t…what the heck are you waiting for?

DeMott: Yeah! Phone up now man! Order the thing! Hey hey Josh, what about Booker T and the Undertaker man?

Matthews: Oh yeah! These two have had quite the rivalry. They’ve been at each other’s throats and in each other’s heads for over a month now. This feud really got going after Judgment Day!

VIDEO PACKAGE

A video starts at the very end of their Judgment Day match where the Undertaker finished him off with a Tombstone piledriver. It cut to Booker T informing Funaki that he had given up on Mama Shangrie, and that he wasn’t afraid and would beat the Undertaker on his own. The then cut to Booker pinning Billy Kidman, and attacking him after the match. Then the lights went off in the arena, sending Booker T running! The next week a similar thing happened after his match with Funaki, but this time he didn’t seem afraid at all. The next week Booker faced and defeated Hardcore Holly, but after the match it got interesting! The lights went out, but Paul Bearer walked down the aisle! Booker T didn’t notice it, but the Undertaker was standing right behind him. Booker T ended up on the wrong end of a Tombstone, before ‘Taker dropped to his knee and worshipped the Urn. The next week, Paul Bearer and the Undertaker sent an ominous message to Booker T; Paul Bearer cannot control what Undertaker does this Sunday. The video ended with clips of Booker’s shocked face interwoven with the Undertaker’s words: Rest….in…piece.

Commercial Break

Matthews: Welcome back. We’re almost out of time here before the Great American Bash, but up next is the Heat main event of Matt Morgan vs. Orlando Jordan.

DeMott: A nice way to kick things off; two young studs who are no doubt the future of this business.

Matthews: Without further ado, here comes Orlando Jordan!

Orlando Jordan vs. Matt Morgan

Orlando bounced around the ring shadow boxing before Morgan came out, and even continued when he got into the ring. Morgan seemed unimpressed by Jordan’s little ‘display’, and he certainly didn’t expect Jordan to slap him in the mouth! Morgan stayed stationary though, and received another slap to the mouth! Yet Morgan still did not move. Jordan went to slap him again, but Morgan caught his hand. He pulled Orlando Jordan towards him and showed great strength by pressing him high above his head and slammed him down hard onto the mat! DeMott commentated that Morgan is 6 foot 10, so Jordan dropped over 7 foot! Morgan picked him up again, and this time scooped him up and slammed him back down again. Morgan dominated for another minute before he missed two elbows in succession. Jordan quickly tried to take advantage of this and rolled him up to get a near fall! Jordan got to his feet and waited for Morgan as well. He attempted to hit the Black Ice, but Morgan powered out of it, kicked him in the stomach and hit a devastating powerbomb! He made the academic cover…1…2…3, and Morgan wins on Heat!

Winner: Matt Morgan (3:21)

59%

48%

70%

Matthews: What a way to start the pay-per-view. Guys if you haven’t already, order the Great American Bash! It’s starting in just a minute, and you won’t want to miss it believe me! Don’t forget, the main event is for the WWE championship between Rey Mysterio, John “Bradshaw” Layfield and the champion Eddie Guerrero! We’re almost done here, and we’ll leave with a video package to explain how that match came together! Enjoy the Bash everybody!

DeMott: It’s gonna be great!

VIDEO PACKAGE

A video started with John “Bradshaw” Layfield being awarded the Great American award by Kurt Angle, thus becoming the no.1 contender. It had a lot of JBL’s comments about Eddie and the fans, and then cut to the non-televised event where Eddie Guerrero brought his mother into the ring on Mother’s Day; the very same show she ended up having a heart attack at due to JBL. The graphic for Judgment Day then appeared, and showed shots of Eddie taking a beating at JBL’s hands, busting him open so bad it took 16 stitches to close the wound. It showed the ending of the match where Eddie was disqualified for use of the WWE championship. The next night on SmackDown, Kurt Angle announced the rematch for that would take place at the Great American Bash. The next week, Angle booked the main event of Rey Mysterio and John “Bradshaw” Layfield. Much to the shock of JBL, Angle and almost everybody, Mysterio pulled out the HUGE upset victory! The very next week, Mysterio was set a challenge by Angle to beat Matt Morgan, and then team with Eddie Guerrero to defeat JBL, Matt Morgan and Mark Jindrak and if he could, he would get a title shot at the Bash. Much to the disappointment and shock of the General Manager, Rey Mysterio managed an upset victory, guiding him to a shot at the WWE championship! Then the video cuts to last week on SmackDown when Bradshaw stole Eddie Guerrero’s WWE championship and bloodied him in his own home. Clips of Eddie being attacked were cut with clips of his mother on a stretcher, his bloodied face, JBL’s bloodied face and Rey Mysterio celebrating three big wins on the trot!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

An interesting spin on this match with Rey Mysterio included.

I'll be pulling for Dupree in this match since I'm a fan of his, plus it's about time you got the strap off Cena

I'm really beginning to like the pairing of Rico and Haas, and hope they win this one. Since the DUDley Boyz or just that. A dud.

I'm hoping Chavito Heat wins and continues his Chavo vs. the World storyline. I'm so glad you didn't give the title to Classic.

HANDICAP MATCH

Can I get a bland with a side of bland? Hopefully Mordecai injures Rikishi again so I don't have to look at his dimpled ass again

The Undertaker do the J-O-B? Ha, but I'm glad to see you continued on this feud since the WWE doesn't know the meaning of the word: countinity

He's on a role since his return and I don't see his momentum stopping now. Moore, Nunzio, and Noble haven't done much lately to garner themselves a shot. London and Akio have been wrestling tag matches.

DEBUT MATCH

Suzuki vs. Billy Kidman

Poor Billy Kidman, forced to job to a loser like Suzuki

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

HANDICAP MATCH

DEBUT MATCH

Suzuki vs. Billy Kidman

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

HANDICAP MATCH