Ju-On

Pepsi

My friend who's big into Asian cinema just got a DVD copy of Ju-On, which is the original to the new Grudge movie, from Japan. We watched it tonight. I was fucking terrorfied. This movie scared the living shit out of me. It was kind of confusing because whenever I started getting into the plot, some scary shit happened and I covered my eyes or once even had to leave the room. I don't scare easily but seriously, this movie fucking scared me to death. I can't go into my bed now. :(

Anyways, just thought if anyone was planning on seeing this or the remake coming out Friday. I wanted to see the remake but honestly I don't know if I could sit through it considering how scary this one was and was a much lower budget too.

There's three more! :o

Damn, i don't think I'd be able to watch them. I'm sleeping without a blanket or sheets tonight too. That part scared the shit out of me the most. That and the part on the stairs. I won't give anything away in case its in the new one and people are planning on seeing it.

You know, I've judged many movies in the past maybe a decade (yes ever since I was 8) as just not being as scary as older films. As I look more into the years before that I see that there just aren't many scary movies. I see trailers of The Grudge and actually think they might actually scare me for once. It just looks extremely freaky. I am seriously considering watching it.

I saw the remake on Thursday night....they need to stop remaking Asian cinema for the US. It was horrible. If the story was supposed to make sense I must've missed it.

I'd only recommend it to people who get scared by belching dead girls and naked little cat-boys.

I saw the remake on Thursday night....they need to stop remaking Asian cinema for the US.  It was horrible.  If the story was supposed to make sense I must've missed it.

I'd only recommend it to people who get scared by belching dead girls and naked little cat-boys.

Edited by Pepsi

Yeah I was thinking Vanilla Sky as an example. The original movie "Open your Eyes" was much better because it didn't give you all those answers.

EDIT: Box Office Mojo says The Grudge made 15 Million on Friday, which is what The Ring made it's entire opening weekend, and are predicting it to pass 30 million by Sunday. So it's a given that we'll be seeing The Grudge 2. :D

Edited by Pepsi