RIAA

Outstanding Contribution to Music

Ray Charles

Discuss, Flame, Spam, Complain.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest star of the year? What has he done? He's only a debut artist for one thing, and I find "Jesus Walks" to be his only tolerable song, even then it's got some pretty cheesy lines.

I know, i'm just saying that while he's big in his genre right now, there's artists out there bigger in the other genres for more people.

I respect him for putting out that song, it sends a good message but I don't feel he's done enough to really deserve to have the best solo act already, but anyways.

I wasn't trying to take away his opinion, I was counter-acting it with my own.

I asked this before but no one answered; how is Kanye West a hero? Did people just vote him because they saw a familiar face? Beastie Boys got a little too much respect for releasing their worst album yet. Green Day's album was good, but it wasn't even top 5 this year. Oh well. I voted for two of the winners, RIAA and Ray Charles.

Beastie Boys being the best band of 04 is a joke, shouldn't we have a 40 and over category for them?

Green Day and Franz Ferdinand are both fine, but don't even for a second think that either The Killers or Maroon 5 are ANYWHERE near the Beastie Boys' level.

I'm fine with the winners. I would have liked to see Franz Ferdinand win something, but hey, at least Muse didn't win anything.

And most of you laugh/complain about things like the MTV Music Award results? ...Lol give me a break. This list looks to be worse then anything MTV's come up with. But I guess...seemingly everyone here likes the 'same type of genre'...and well, of course the Kanye West love fest continues, even though yes he's a good performer.

Guest Angry Baboon

I'm shocked that you gave the musical contribution act to that useless old fart Ray Charles when Brian Wilson released a new album this year, and Cash hasn't even started to fester yet. Shame on you, you bastards.