EWB Music Awards 2 Results....

Jook

Green Day? Fucking Green Day? Goddamn why won't they just fucking stop making music?

And for that matter, it's time to put the Beastie Boys out to pasture as well.

Oh and the Killers suck too. One good song on that entire album and it got beat to death.

Edited by Zero

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Booker T & The MG's

I like cKy but no way should they have won best live act, people really need to try and see Morrissey's peformances at The Move and Reading/Leeds festivals because it blows them away.

Best Band of 2004

Slipknot

Best Album

Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses)

Best Debut Album

Kanye West - College Dropout

Best Single

Slipknot - Duality

Breakthrough Artist

Breaking Benjamin

Best Video

OutKast - Hey Ya (was that this year?)

Best Solo Act

Alanis Morrisette

Best Live Act of 2004

Slayer

Best Festival Moment

Ozzy plus Sabbath

Hero Of the Year

There are no heroes in music.

Villain of the Year

RIAA

Outstanding Contribution to Music

Tie: Ray Charles and Johnny Cash

Those are your real winners :P

I am content with the list.

You took the best of the mainstream and it won.

To anyone who voted for the Killers. There first song is a total rip from Blur's "Girls and Boys" and a very bad rip-off at that. The rest of there album is bland, wanna-be retro. Give me one good reason why the Killers are better than than Beastie Boys and Green Day's releases this year. There are zero reasons; the Beastie Boys managed to break themselves down to the core and reinvent themselves as a band and Green Day had a total make-over which resulted in an interesting release with lots of potential.

To anyone who voted for Maroon 5... shake your head...

Funny how the Beach Boys (Pet Sounds in particular) influenced the Beatles (post-Sgt. Pepper in particular) who practically influence almost every rock band there is today.

Wilson influenced the Beatles, and vice versa. The same can be said for Ray Charles and The Beatles, thus rendering your point useless.

As far as how diverse an influence Ray has, look at some of the artists who covered "Georgia on My Mind":

Wes Montgomery, Willie Nelson, and Michael Bolton.

Edited by Loonister

Guest Bluesman

Look at the artists that have covered Beach Boys songs:

Bruce Springsteen

The Everly Brothers

The Ramones

Joan Jett

Elvis Costello

Freddie Mercury

The Grateful Dead

The Pixies

The list goes on and on, thus rendering your point useless.

Does the number of songs that was covered matter? No. I didn't name a bunch of artists to "win", I named them because they are all diverse (can you really compare The Ramones to The Everly Brothers?). I'm not saying Ray Charles isn't/wasn't influential, I'm just saying that Brian Wilson has (in my opinion, which is all I'm expressing) more of an influence on different types of music. There's no way you can "prove" which artist has more of an influence on music so I hope you're not taking what you're saying as fact because it's your opinion, and that's all it is.

Edited by Loonister