Angel: Illyria Spinoff

tristy

On the lighter note," There are plans for A Illyria/Fred Spin-Off series," Amy is eager to return as the character again,so there are plans for a possible Illyria/Fred Spin-Off series in 2006 or 2007." Garth said.

Booooo * holds up sign " We Want Spike Spinoff! .....Or at the very least a Giles Spinoff! " * :shifty:

Any ways though i enjoyed fred/illyria i agree in GoGo's thoughts as she's better as a supporting character. Though it would be interesting to see her past i'd rather see one after the Angel season finale, since it would then have alot of more common characters that the viewers know and like.

If they were to do it in her past they'd have to do nearly a complete recast aside from amy and i'm not sure people would be up for that as illyria was kinda evil in her past. Though Angel when it started was viewed in a similar fashion as i suppose all spinoffs are seen as, not gonna be as good or work as well as the original. And Angel pretty much made a cast from scratch, kinda ironic if ya think about it....in the end Angel was the better series overall then Buffy( aside from giles and willow and andrew, when on it spike there weren't many redeming features of the Buffy series after about season 4). But that might just be my opinion on that matter. Then again if amy's playing her that pretty much tells ya it's gonna be present.

I don't think it'd be too good, I always felt that the Illyria character was a bit corny. Just seemed like a rip off of Willow when she was bad. Personally I'd like to see a Connor spinoff, Spike would be okay except it'd be too much like Angel, A vampire with a soul trying to be good and what not.

I don't think I'm the only one that's totally against a Connor spinoff.

Of course, Angel did say in the finale that they can't hurt him as long as Connor is alive, so..

Edited by Tristof Kitler

Yeah i think hewey is alone on the connor spinoff.......Since personally i didn't find connor to be any thing but an annoyance and fill character since he stopped being a baby till he returned. And even after returning( i'm referring to after Angel makes the deal to get connor a new life ) he didn't do too much that they coulda slapped nearly any other character in his place to do.

Also hewey i'd like to say a spike spinoff would be NOTHING like angel, granted they are similar in ways but personality wise and historywise, ect it's like comparing apples to oranges here. Though i'd like to see it even if it was similar to Angel, since i just plain like nearly any thing involving the spike character. :P

On a side note i heard about The Watcher series. I was actually pumped when i first heard about it, shame it fell through. Since giles as the main character and set in England( if i recall that's where they said while talking about the series where they'd set it ) it could lead to some interesting things. Since England is quite a different change of scene from the cheery on the surface small town paradise that was Sunnydale that was in Buffy and the Cold hard steets of L.A. that was in Angel. Also it could've( as the name would imply ) give us more information on the watchers an' how all of that stuff worked.

Oh and a question to the Angel/Buffyverse masters of knowledge out there. If i recall after Angel the series started Angel did cameos a few times in Buffy, but i don't recall her ever doing a cameo for Angel. Did she? The only one i can think of that she may have done one in was when Faith came into Angel before turning good and went after wes.

Oh and a question to the Angel/Buffyverse masters of knowledge out there. If i recall after Angel the series started Angel did cameos a few times in Buffy, but i don't recall her ever doing a cameo for Angel. Did she? The only one i can think of that she may have done one in was when Faith came into Angel before turning good and went after wes.

Scooper sends us inside intel on WB’s hopes to make more vampire adventures

This isn’t the first time someone’s said that there will be more adventures for ANGEL, the vampire with a soul that lasted five years running on The WB, only to be summarily dispatched last season by network executives. Angel’s co-creator, Joss Whedon, is open for more stories, and at the time of the show’s termination the WB said they were hoping to do some stand-alone ANGEL TV movies. However, comments from star David Boreanaz seem to suggest that he’s moved on, and that bringing him back to play the leader of the Fang Gang may prove to be a challenge for The WB (possibly meaning there better be a bigger paycheck involved.)

But the source that sent this scoop tells us that The WB is still pursuing the notion of resurrecting ANGEL. We can’t tell you who they are but we can share that they are in the loop and we can certainly see how they’ve come to have access to this information.

According to our anonymous source, (relatively) new WB Network Chairman Garth Ancier has spoken with Joss Whedon about doing "something" with ANGEL, be it a series of spinoff movies or -- hold your horses -- bringing the show back. Whoa.

"But there’s a problem," explains our friend on the inside. "Most people have moved on. The creators of THE MOUNTAIN are impressed with James Marsters and are hoping he’ll stay on, David Boreanaz is solid-booked with films, and Amy Acker is hanging out for SUPERMAN. (Yep, Amy got a call-back for Lois Lane in SUPERMAN. She has good chemistry with B.J Routh, the young actor that’s playing Superman apparently. Her agent is pushing and pushing and pushing for this to happen which might or might not work in Am’s favor."

(We’re not sure how long ago Ms. Acker auditioned for the Lois part but as a sidenote we’ve been scooped that it’s down to six possible contenders for Lois, and Acker’s name wasn’t on that particular list. Strangely enough, ex-ANGEL cast member Charisma Carpenter is one of the alleged candidates. Wires crossed, perhaps, or did both ladies audition for the role of Ms. Lane?)

Our source did know that one thing is for sure: there’s no plans to launch a spinoff starring Acker’s character of Illyria on her own. According to our peep that particular bogus rumor began in all places the official magazine for ANGEL and has since picked up a life of its own. "If anything it was someone trying to gain momentum for the idea, and nothing more," writes our insider. "Yes, there will be more ANGEL - just hard to say when. If Amy gets SUPERMAN - she’s out, if James stays on THE MOUNTAIN - that’ll be a juggle, and if David Boreanaz gets any more anti-ANGEL, they’ll have to recast."

And a final thought from our friend that they shared with us: "It’s interesting the way it has ended up: WB dying for more ANGEL, the cast and crew gone on to bigger and better things...whose had the last laugh?"

[We’re not certain if anonymous is from our world or another dimension, but they always send us interesting emails.]

Edited by Tristof Kitler

Okay....The Buffy-Expert coming through.

Okay; Spike would not work as a main character. He is an antagonist. In Angel Season Five, he was in his best role. It was exactly the same role as he was in in Buffy Season Four. In the Faith Spin-Off pitch, Faith was the main character with Spike, walking the Earth. Spike couldn't be the main character. We've already had one show about a Vampire with a Soul (to which my friend replied "yeah, Buffy").

About The Giles Spin-Off. Anthony Steward Head loves the Rupert Giles character, but disagreements between the US and BBC. But ASH has said that he would love to return to the character, even as a two hour movie or mini-series (think Silent Witness). But the series seems to be out of the question. And for your information; it was called Ripper. :-) It wasn't planned to be about the Council. It would've been ghost stories and the like.

Illyria...hmm...okay, false. How would it be about though? Redemption? Done that. Unless it could've been based on the Faith style pitch of a fugitive walking the Earth...I dunno, I can't see Illyria as a main character.

Connor...I don't know. I think that the biggest question will be about what a new series would be. They don't want to rehash the same premise as Angel and Buffy...but you don't know whether they will make any more. Perhaps they should make some brand new and fresh characters altogether and start from scratch if they really want to do that.

I heard rumors about a Dawn spinoff which would be alot worse than anything they have pitched. I doubt they'll do a Faith show or Spike. I do agree with making new characters but would long time Buffy/Angel fans like the shows with new characters if they don't have some of the older characters?

A new series could be the best thing. Though if they wanted not to reveal what happens after the season finale of Angel they could set it in the past. Like for example in old england and have a new slayer and/or the watchers and they could have spike, dru and( maybe ) angelus. As well as a few of the other demons. Or the other likely choice for new characters if they wanted to later bring in some other characters would be in the present( slightly before or after the battle ) and most likely it being a slayer who taps into her powers in someother country or in america but isn't gotten to yet. Which leads to demons being generally drawn to her( since afterall if you off a slayer it gets you big ups in the demon world ) or perhaps the hellmouth opens up in another city after being destroyed in sunnydale.

I don't think they'll ever reveal what happen at the end of the finale. It's not meant to be revealed. It's not a cliff hanger, it's just a message saying the fight always goes on. It never ends.

If they did though, my bet is that they're all dead. IMO, you can't defeat evil. Ever.