Console War

PkmnTrainerJ

Which side are you on in the console war?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on in the console war?

• Playstation 2 (Sony)
    • X-Box (Microsoft)
    • Gamecube (Nintendo)
    • No side
    • I have two of them so no side
    • I have all three so no side
    • X-Box should die a horribly painful slow death...and soon.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has already been said, all 3 systems have their pros and cons; their good games and their bad games, and that will always be the case. Personally, I have an Xbox and I don't really have the money to go buying a PS2 and/or a GameCube. IMHO, I think the Xbox has a better lineup of games than the PS2, with there being plenty of Xbox exclusives (Halo/2, Project Gotham, Ninja Gaiden, and not a lot of PS2 exclusives - most of the games are out on the Xbox too with the exception of GTA and some other stuff. And with the multi-format games, 99% of the time you'll get a better game on the Xbox, whether it be graphics or whatever. I also find the PS2 controller too small and some of the buttons in awkward places (the shoulder buttons are a pain to reach in my opinion). But the PS2 is the man in the street's console of choice, and will undoubtedly stay that way until the next generation is upon us.

But as I say, you'll always get people who like and dislike each console, it's really down to personal preference for whatever reason.

Guest Mr McFarlane

As has already been said, all 3 systems have their pros and cons; their good games and their bad games, and that will always be the case. Personally, I have an Xbox and I don't really have the money to go buying a PS2 and/or a GameCube. IMHO, I think the Xbox has a better lineup of games than the PS2, with there being plenty of Xbox exclusives (Halo/2, Project Gotham, Ninja Gaiden,  and not a lot of PS2 exclusives - most of the games are out on the Xbox too with the exception of GTA and some other stuff. And with the multi-format games, 99% of the time you'll get a better game on the Xbox, whether it be graphics or whatever. I also find the PS2 controller too small and some of the buttons in awkward places (the shoulder buttons are a pain to reach in my opinion). But the PS2 is the man in the street's console of choice, and will undoubtedly stay that way until the next generation is upon us.

But as I say, you'll always get people who like and dislike each console, it's really down to personal preference for whatever reason.

As has already been said, all 3 systems have their pros and cons; their good games and their bad games, and that will always be the case. Personally, I have an Xbox and I don't really have the money to go buying a PS2 and/or a GameCube. IMHO, I think the Xbox has a better lineup of games than the PS2, with there being plenty of Xbox exclusives (Halo/2, Project Gotham, Ninja Gaiden,  and not a lot of PS2 exclusives - most of the games are out on the Xbox too with the exception of GTA and some other stuff. And with the multi-format games, 99% of the time you'll get a better game on the Xbox, whether it be graphics or whatever. I also find the PS2 controller too small and some of the buttons in awkward places (the shoulder buttons are a pain to reach in my opinion). But the PS2 is the man in the street's console of choice, and will undoubtedly stay that way until the next generation is upon us.

Let's see here,

Grand Theft Auto Series

Final Fantasy Series

Star Ocean Series

Gran Turismo Series

ICO

Onimusha Series

Metal Gear Solid Series

Jak & Daxter Series

To name a few that are PS2 Exclusive (Or on a delay for other systems)

And you must have small fucking hands if you think the shoulder buttons on the PS2 controller are hard to get too, It forms perfectly to a hand.

Halo is basically a PC game so it doesn't count, Gotham is a poor man's Turismo and Ninja Gaiden isn't too special.

And better graphics in a game mean jack shit, Gameplay is what counts.

Reason #1232233.7 why Kou is the man.

Seriously, PS2's games absolutely own all other consoles, the only X-Box games I ever liked were Kung Fu Kaos and Halo. GameCube is a console for laughs but nothing seriously good that could keep me entertained an engrossed. I appreciate and acknowledge everyones opinions, but as far as I'm concerned PS2 > X-Box and GameCube

I'd probably have to go with Playstation 2, considering it's the only console I've owned since my PS1. The Nintendo consoles don't make games that appeal to me, alot of them are kind of cartoony. I have been considering getting an X-Box lately, because my PS2 is possibly on it's last legs, and I like the feature of putting my cd's onto my X-Box. The only thing stopping me is money and the fact that I haven't played video games in awhile.

Xbox > PS2 > Gamecube.

But I play them all, and all consoles have great games exclusive to each brand and their own advantages. I just prefer the more mature Xbox games (Tom Clancy games, Ranbow Six, Halo, Star Wars games, Fable, Ninja Gaiden, etc) and Xbox Live is ownage with them. And the game updates, downloadable content, clans, friend lists, etc etc etc, Xbox wins it for me.

The PS2 gets GTA games to them first, and the good WWE games. That's pretty much it. It also has tons and tons of shitty games like Barbie's Super Magical Californian Adventure and other stupid crap like that, which is why my PS2 has been living at my friend's house for a good few months. But I still need it.

Gamecube came out good with the Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Metroid, but Nintendo novelty only goes so far. Not to mention the big disappointment of the Mario Sunshine (wtf?), Starfox and Pokemon Colosseum. And Pikmin is really gay. Same with Animal Crossing. And now they release Donkey Konga (again, wtf?). Nintendo basically raped themselves, again.

There's really no need for people to be in possession of three games consoles methinks.

The PS2 gets GTA games to them first, and the good WWE games. That's pretty much it. It also has tons and tons of shitty games like Barbie's Super Magical Californian Adventure and other stupid crap like that, which is why my PS2 has been living at my friend's house for a good few months. But I still need it.

That's exactly why I'm thinking of getting an X-Box. The only games exclusive to PS2 that I enjoy are the GTA series (which really isn't exclusive, just comes out earlier), Manhunt, the Smackdown series, and Metal Gear Solid (which also found it's way to X-Box). Alot of people knock the size of the X-Box controller, but I like it alot. The L and R triggers are better positioned then on the PS2 controller.

Guest Mr McFarlane

That's exactly why I'm thinking of getting an X-Box. The only games exclusive to PS2 that I enjoy are the GTA series (which really isn't exclusive, just comes out earlier), Manhunt, the Smackdown series, and Metal Gear Solid (which also found it's way to X-Box). Alot of people knock the size of the X-Box controller, but I like it alot. The L and R triggers are better positioned then on the PS2 controller.

Guest Future Shock

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean quality all of the time, you know.

Is the PS2 good? Yes. Is it better than the Gamecube? Yes. Does it have a game with 1.5 million pre orders?

OH HELL NO. :-p

God the level of idiocy on this board hurts my brain :P

Hey, what can I do if enjpy the L and R triggers better on the X-Box? It may sound silly, but it's the truth. Besides, the fact that both my PS2 controllers are missing a right analog stick has a bit to do with the bias. <_<

Guest Mr McFarlane

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean quality all of the time, you know.

Is the PS2 good? Yes.  Is it better than the Gamecube?  Yes.  Does it have a game with 1.5 million pre orders?

OH HELL NO. :-p

Guest Future Shock

Project Gotham Racing 2, Ninja Gaiden, Mech Assault, Amped 2, Guilty Gear X2 Reload, Crimson Skies, and that's within like 15 seconds of going through my game library, you stupid bastard. :-p

Guest Future Shock

Reload isn't, PGR is arcadey fun, Mech Assault was the most played game on XBL in the first year and a half, Amped 2 is one of the best snowboarding games ever, Crimson Skies is NOTHING like the PC version, and Ninja Gaiden is one of the hardest games ever, according to some. And oh yea, all of those games are on XBL, which, by the way, owns Sony's shitty online service.

And with that, THE FLAME WAR OVER CONSOLES HAS BEGUN~!

Edited by Future Shock

Guest Mr McFarlane

Damn right, =P

Mech Assault was the most played because it simply came with Xbox Live.

I know Crimson Skies isn't like the PC version but it's basically the exact same principals, They could of built a new game and slapped a different name on it :P

PGR is just Arcadey crap, Kudos up my arse :P

I enjoyed Amped 1 more then Amped 2 and I beat Ninja Gaiden my first trip around.

Yes I own a PS2 and seXbox.

Guest Future Shock

They actually switched MechAssault off the XBox Live Starter Kit and put Tetris Worlds on it instead after like 3-4 months...

Amped 1 didn't have XBL play, and it also just wasn't the same gameplay wise.

You said Crimson Skies was a PC port, it isn't, you lose, next point. :-p

PGR isn't "arcadey crap" It's an arcade racing game. Comparing it to Gran Turismo makes no sense as they are essentially different genres. Compare PGR to Outrun2, or Burnout 3.

Ninja Gaiden is easy to beat, but good luck doing it quickly, you lying bastard. :-p

Guest Mr McFarlane

I beat it already, Foolpants.

Crimson Skies is basically a name pasted onto a Xbox game nothing like the PC game :P

Burnout 3 > PGR

And most people I know got Mech through XBL