John Peel dies of a heart attack

Veteran British music radio DJ John Peel has died from a heart attack while on a working holiday with his wife in Asia.

Probably best known for his late night sessions on BBC Radio 1, Peel has refused to change to become some kind of modern "shock jock" or a "trendy" DJ to pull in the youngsters. Peel, even in his sixties, oozed charisma, a very funny guy who showcased unknown musical groups in his nighttime slot, including my mate's band "Jinrai".

He will be missed.

Oh...my...god.

Absolutely amazing DJ, the only guy (except maybe Lamacq) worth listening to in mainstream music these days. Constantly unearthing great talents, and exposing some quality bands. Respect him so much for never changing the style of his show, but making sure it was outstanding simply due to the quality of music he played.

I'm sure he'll be missed.

RIP.

Yeah when it first first announced they said somehwere in Asia (Thailand possibly) but it was corrected.

My mistake.

I went to the Chinese tonight and on the way back was listening to a mix CD I'd made randomly yesterday on my Walkman.

And Teenage Kicks came on.

I sang along.

This is actually pretty gutting.