Halo 2 Build-Up/Discussion Thread

The Kraig

Guest Future Shock

Counter Strike isn't that fun, and of course Half Life 2 is gonna be better, the game should've come out last year, but some fucking idiots decided "OH IT'S NOT COMING OUT NOW BECUZ I STOLD IT BWHAHHAHAA".

I won't buy Halo 2, for two reasons:

A: It overshadows EVERYTHING coming out this month, which is bullshit. I mean, you have Mechassault 2 coming out on the same day. That's HUGE. World Of Warcraft, Everquest 2, *sighs* Smackdown vs Raw. There's so many good/anticipated games, and one overrated little bastard is outshining them ALL.

B: It's got a case of MGS2 Syndrome, IE it's overhyped to ALL hell by EVERYBODY, and when it comes out, it won't exceed or meet the expectations, because they're way too high, and people will bitch. Same thing with Fable, but Fable owned. :-p

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A: It overshadows EVERYTHING coming out this month, which is bullshit. I mean, you have Mechassault 2 coming out on the same day. That's HUGE. World Of Warcraft, Everquest 2, *sighs* Smackdown vs Raw. There's so many good/anticipated games, and one overrated little bastard is outshining them ALL.

B: It's got a case of MGS2 Syndrome, IE it's overhyped to ALL hell by EVERYBODY, and when it comes out, it won't exceed or meet the expectations, because they're way too high, and people will bitch. Same thing with Fable, but Fable owned. :-p

I can't wait to play through the story in split-screen with my friend who from playing the first halo was converted from being a ps2 fanboy of course numerous times of running him over with vehicles in co-op mode made him mad but meh

Too be fair, Bungie has never claimed to be making the greatest game ever (like the makers of Fable). The only thing they've promised is a fun game, and from magazine reviews and players of the leaked versions, the only let downs are a poor ending and no more corpse humping in multiplayer.

It's going to be fricking kick-ass. Mind you that it isn't going to be the best game ever, but it will still keep me busy for the rest of this fiscal year along with GTA.

My plan: I have class on Monday from 9-4(stupid music classes), but then I'm going to try to sleep until 11PM that night. Play GTA or watch some adult swim that night til midnight, go to Gamestop, get my game, and good times will be had as I stay up until class. Class isn't until 11 either, so that's around 11 hours of Halo 2 goodness!

Personally I think Halo-2 will be overhyped and a dissapointment to most fans, then again I bet 99% of the fans wet themselves upon receiving the game... too high an expectations, none the less I think it'll be a great game...

(Not better than GTA SA of course.... :D )

Counter Strike isn't that fun, and of course Half Life 2 is gonna be better, the game should've come out last year, but some fucking idiots decided "OH IT'S NOT COMING OUT NOW BECUZ I STOLD IT BWHAHHAHAA".

I won't buy Halo 2, for two reasons:

A: It overshadows EVERYTHING coming out this month, which is bullshit.  I mean, you have Mechassault 2 coming out on the same day.  That's HUGE.  World Of Warcraft, Everquest 2, *sighs* Smackdown vs Raw.  There's so many good/anticipated games, and one overrated little bastard is outshining them ALL.

B:  It's got a case of MGS2 Syndrome, IE it's overhyped to ALL hell by EVERYBODY, and when it comes out, it won't exceed or meet the expectations, because they're way too high, and people will bitch.  Same thing with Fable, but Fable owned. :-p

Man, this game really rocks. Played campaign for a little bit(still on the earth stage), and played some good multiplayer games. I so want a headset though so I can communicate with other members better online. If you're interested in joining my clan, the League of Honor, give me your gamertag. Mine is EkinJones, and if you need a clan member I could do that as well.

I've been playing Campaign for like four hours, and am on set of levels after the set after the Earth levels. (Don't want to spoil anything, considering that's one of the bigger twists, I think)

Anyways, if there's one thing I don't like about it it's definately the feel. It just doesn't feel like the Halo I fell in love with. And I miss my Pistol =(

The game kicks ass. But there really isn’t 15 levels. The first two are cut scenes and the third is a good introductory stage. Then after that, every two/three levels makes one stage. It’s really like 1 big mission and 4 epic missions (on level 12) and with the loading time gone, it is seamless. Earth kicks ass, especially the Scarab.

The only thing I don’t like too much is the Xbox Live interface. I can only get quickmatch to work and even in there, you don’t get to pick and choose between games, like other games do. The online is great, though. I just hate Headlong. <_<

Edited by abundant

Hell yeah, The Arbiter’s missions are long and tough. Level 10 and 11 are the longest missions in the game so far.

***Spoilers***

And the flood are extremely dangerous this time. Even on Easy, those little bastards (forgot name) can kill you if you’re not careful.

Edited by abundant

Hell yeah, The Arbiter’s missions are long and tough. Level 10 and 11 are the longest missions in the game so far.

***Spoilers***

And the flood are extremely dangerous this time. Even on Easy, those little bastards (forgot name) can kill you if you’re not careful.

Edited by Mysterio2000X