Unholy Alliance - ECW & Ted Turner

Pepsi

Sorry, it's just gonna be ECW from here on out. Yeah I saw it, thanks, don't think I'll need it now though as it's not a split anymore. Although if you wanna make me an ECW one I'd be more then gracious. :)

From ECWonTNT.com

<center>

user posted image

ECW HARDCORE TV PREVIEW

FRIDAY ---- JANUARY 14th ---- 9PM EST

On The Next ECW HARDCORE TV

user posted image

ECW WORLD TV TITLE

SINGLE-ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT

Round 1 Match-Up

"The Insane Luchador" Super Crazy -vs- "The Juice" Juventud Guerrera

The tournmant for Television Title gold continues this week when two of the best high flyers from Mexico face off in the New ECW Arena.  Super Crazy, meant to compete in last weeks four-way tag, is looking for tonight to make his impact by being one step closer to becoming a two-time ECW World Television Champion.  Standing in his way is former WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Juventud Guerrera.    If you haven't seen either man in the ring then you haven't lived.  Winner of this match will face Sonny Siaki next week,

Round 1 Match-Up

Adam Windsor w/ Jonny Storm -vs- Jason Cross

Adam Windsor made a smashing debut last week, pun intended.  Though The Royal Studs were eliminated, Windsor made sure that he was not going go quietly.  Tonight, he has a chance to advance towards true stardom in ECW by winning the tournament for the ECW Television Title. However it's not going to be just handed to him on a silver platter.  He must first face-off against one of the premiere young talents in wrestling today, Jason Cross.  A man with a signature move so astonishing, you may want to invest into TiVo so you can watch it again, and again. Winner of this match will face Kid Kash next week.

ALSO,

Backlash from the events of last week's Tag Titles match and Main Event.  How will Justin Credible and The Sandman react to "The Innovator of Innovention" Chris Candido capitalizing on the mysterious interference and becoming ECW World Heavyweight Champion?  What will "Acting Commissioner" Bill Alfonso do to discover what is going on?  Plus, Bigger Than Jesus members Perry Saturn and Horace Hogan will make their tag team wrestling debut tonight against a still unnamed team. 

This Friday After 'Law & Order' only on

user posted image

Edited by Pepsi

Guest Frank62441

Awesome start to the rejuvenation of ECW. You've certainly kept it innovative, I'll give you that. I think however the title match needed a bit more buildup, it might have been better to have a "contenders matchup" on the first show between Credible and Sandman or something, with Candido taking on the winner (I know it means that the whole thing wouldn't have been fair, but hey - it's pro wrestling). Then at least we would have had some buildup to Candido's opponents, it was sort of made to look as if Candido would be the winner even from the start of the show.

And I think there was a missed opportunity in getting Chilly REALLY over in his return show from Iraq. You could have gone all WWE style and commanded that Chilly be shown respect for being a real american hero. Then the crowd can decide whether they do want to respect him or not - it's almost Kurt Angle territory, but look what that guy's doing now. I personally would have liked to see "Bigger than Jesus" or the mexicans in the title match instead to give it a bit more buildup, but at least you now have some opponents for Willy & Balls.

great first show. I really dig your quick recaps of the matches and the promos are very well written. I hope you can push Kid Kash to stardom, he was always someone I rooted for in ECW. Good luck.

• 11 months later...