Emo

Guest Johnny Vulture

Some Emo stuff is decent, like Switchfoot (hey, they sounded pretty damn Emo to me on Conan last night) and ...And They Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, but other stuff like Funeral For A Friend and shite is, well, uh, shite. For the most part, emo just serves to annoy me. especially Thursday. Whiny little fucks they are..

My thing with Emo is that I only listened to it when I was going out with this girl because that was the only thing she really listened to and when I would be at her house that was the only music she played in her stereo.I tried to get her into my style of music she like some but probably doesnt anymore.The only Emo band I like is Dashboard Confessional \m/

im not really a fan of emo anymore. I used to listen to a little bit but i didnt really like it that much, they just sounded too whiney and complained about shit too much for me.

Some Emo stuff is decent, like Switchfoot (hey, they sounded pretty damn Emo to me on Conan last night)

Heh, funny I saw this performance as well at my friends house. If they are what is representing EMO right now then I think I'll pass. Alot of people said Dashboard sucks and isn't the kind of "emo" they like, but that Switchfoot wasn't much better. Although Switchfoot reminded more of a Nickleback clone, which is the last thing we need. (I'm waiting for the booo's and hisses of all the Nickleback fans now)

My friend calls alexisonfire, From Autum To Ashes (great band) etc. Scream-o.

So do a lot of others.

But emo is a very broad category.

Bands like Poison the Well are considered emo/screamo, even though their music is much heavier and vicious than bands like FATA and Boysnightout.

I personally don't care what you call a band, as long as they sound good.

And FATA was good before they released "The Fiction We Live", which was just a fucking terrible, terrible CD.