Acoustic Songs

Robsturgh

So, the rules of this game are as follows:

Name me as many good acoustic songs as you can.

The reason why? Because I'm a monster at using a plectrum, but when my new band members asked me to play some acoustic stuff using my hands, i sorta shrugged a little. So, now I need practice, but before that, I'll need songs to practice with.

Winner (Chosen at my discretion), gets nothing but the feeling that they influenced my musical tastes somewhat.

There's an acoustic version of Going Under by Evanescence from a German performance making the rounds on the net. It's really good.

Good Riddance by Green Day

Every Rose Has Its' Thorn by Posion

Broken by Seether. (Get the original version, which is minus the beautiful Amy Lee. It's more acoustic.)

Ana's Song by Silverchair.

Lady Picture Show by Stone Temple Pilots

Peter Muprhy's "Cuts You Up" would well fine for both picking and strumming work, as would The Rolling Stones' "Paint It Black".

(note: I'm not giving you songs that recorded with strictly acoustic guitars, mind, but songs that will be good to play on an acoustic guitar to get your skills up)

Edited by The

Guest LegionCageFan

The Hurricaine by Bob Dylan is awesome. Anything else by Bob Dylan works well too.

Johnny Cash songs!

Civil War by Guns N' Roses is mostly in acoustic, You could play it fully in acoustic and it would still rock.

All Nirvana songs work real well as acoustic songs, plus they had some coveres they did on Unplugged so you could go with them.

Look into some old style country music, with the banjo roll technique used, as if you want practice that is a huge thing to practice, It not only helps with country but all different styles.

Anything off Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society's new album, Hangover music, its all acoustic and awesome.

Taz by The Black Label Society is also a really good acoustic song.

These are also good...

Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin

Tangerine by Led Zeppelin

Wish You Here by Pink Floyd

Mother by Pink Floyd

Jessica by The Allman Brothers Band

Layla by Derek & The Dominos (w/ Eric Clapton)

Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton

Imagine by John Lennon (originally on keyboard but has been proformed on acoustic guitar)

Land Slide by Fleetwood Mac

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls

And ontop of that, alot of rock songs can be played on acoustic and it can still sound great without any issues.

Edited by LegionCageFan

Guest theycallmeoj

"All Along the Watchtower" - By Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews and a few others have tried it as well. Personally, I like Dave's the best, Jimi's next, then Bob's. :thumbsup:

I do agree that "Layla" by Eric Clapton would be a good choice.

"Turn the Page" - Covered by many including Metallica.

"All Apologies" - Nirvana

"Everybody Hurts" - REM

"In Time" - Mark Collie (On the Punisher soundtrack if your looking for the CD. Same CD also has Seether w/Amy Lee doing "broken". IMO, it's better with Amy Lee and much better seen live in person, which i happened to see this summer, in the rain....LOL) :thumbsup:

"Finding Myself" (I think thats the name) - Smile Empty Soul (Also on the Punisher Soundtrack)

"Adam's Song" - Blink 182

"Have you ever seen the rain" - CCR

"Gravedigger" - Dave Matthews (there is an acoustic version on his CD)

"People are Strange" - The Doors

"Time of your life" - Green Day

"Curbside Prophet" - Jason Mraz (Hears it live this summer too. Good stuff)

"Don't know why" - Norah Jones

"Sunny Came Home" - Shawn Colvin

"You Don't Know How it Feels" - Tom Petty

Those should keep you busy for a few.

Guest LegionCageFan

"All Along the Watchtower" - By Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews and a few others have tried it as well.  Personally, I like Dave's the best, Jimi's next, then Bob's.  :thumbsup:

I do agree that "Layla" by Eric Clapton would be a good choice.

Broken by Seether. (Get the original version, which is minus the beautiful Amy Lee. It's more acoustic.)

The original "Broken" by Seether is horrible. He really showed that he needed Amy Lee to make the song good.

You must be listening to a different song to me, because even with Amy Lee (who is far from beautiful, even to my goth-loving eyes), it's far from sounding "good".