Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

meh, i'm Man Utd till I get used to the game. Top of the league after 16 games, through to CL knockout stages. Training sucks as well, I took one look at it and decided to let my assistant handle it. THat is until I realised my youngsters were getting worse, so now i've taken control myself. Double-hard training for everyone!

Anyways, would anyone be up for a mass EWB network game sometime? (Kou included more than most because he has Optimus Prime in his sig, and as everyone knows Prime > *)

PS - Surely if the Badgers are in the game, you van just use the editor to put them in the conference north/south and then be them?

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=gfx

I've got allsorts from there. Player pics, badges, competition logos etc.

Also, when you're adding playe's pics you need to create a new folder called "Premiership" in the graphics area and then create each club within that folder and put their pics in there.

FINALLY arrived today about 2:30 or summit.

Haven't been able to get into it just yet as I'm a tad ill so that's keeping my concentration short, but hopefully when I'm feelin better I'll be able to get into it properly.

Guest Mr McFarlane

meh, i'm Man Utd till I get used to the game. Top of the league after 16 games, through to CL knockout stages. Training sucks as well, I took one look at it and decided to let my assistant handle it. THat is until I realised my youngsters were getting worse, so now i've taken control myself. Double-hard training for everyone!

Anyways, would anyone be up for a mass EWB network game sometime? (Kou included more than most because he has Optimus Prime in his sig, and as everyone knows Prime > *)

PS - Surely if the Badgers are in the game, you van just use the editor to put them in the conference north/south and then be them?

My best result so far on this game, I MAY have wrecked Arsenal's chances at running away with the title :devil:

I hadn't won in 7 games, I just came off a 0-0 draw at home with Burnley in the FA Cup 3rd Round and this happens:

Fulham-Arsenal.jpg

What is better too is that their goal came inside 20 seconds, and I was thinking "This is going to be a loooooong game."

Quality :D

Also, has anyone noticed how overated Arsenal are? 18 games into the season, they had 100% record in the league and they won all 6 of their Champions League games. Arsenal may be good, but not THAT good. No-one is.

Edited by Gooner4Life

I dunno, it's going pretty reasonably in my league, although admittedly I am only about 11 games in.

Man Utd are top with 28pts, then Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all with 25pts (though Liverpool have played 12). Then Newcastle with 22pts and so on. Fulham are bottom with 6pts, incidentally... :shifty:

Better than in the demo when Aston Villa would just run away with it, winning by a margin of 2 or 3 goals in every game. Bastards.

Bierofka is a *quality* signing at the very start if you're a mid-table Premiership side looking for an excellent winger. Asking price of £425,000 from Leverkusen. Superb.

Edited by stokeriño

Guest Downloading_Man

I'm going to get this game soon and was wondering about the finances. Is money plentiful and free flowing, are all clubs pretty strapped for cash, or is it more realistic (Man U & Chelsea - Limitless money....Man City - Massive debt)

Also do I recall seeing players attributes rated out of 100

With Chelsea your bank balance is about £180million, and your transfer budget is about £40m. Bizarrely enough, I'd count that as unrealistically low.

Middlesbrough had about £7m available for transfer...despite their bank balance being about £2m. Birmingham had about £1.5m for transfer...I dunno, it's mostly pretty reasonable I think.

And no, player attributes are out of 20.

Edited by stokeriño

As Chelsea, my transfer funds are increased throughout the season having only signed Marcus Bean from QPR, Darren Ambrose from Newcastle and Ryan Jarvis from Norwich. It's gone up to 70million, so I'm bringing in a transfer listed Ronaldinho at the end of the season for 36 million. And Cole, Robben and Lampard have all been amazing.

I'm top by 5 points, Man Utd are 5th, Arsenal 2nd. Still in the Champions League and I'm in Feburary.