Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

This may be a little off topic, but its best to post it here rather than start a new one just for this question. Anyway, i know some people pre-ordered this game from play.com. I thought play.com were good with pre-orders, but i must have gotten mixed up with gameplay. Anyway, i pre-ordered Half-Life 2 (still shocked at there being not a single topic about it yet) from play.com, assuming that i would get it by the release tomorrow.

Firstly, i checked the status of the order on saturday, and it said it was posted. Then, today, i get an e-mail saying my order has been posted blah blah, and the date had changed from saturday to today.

So, did most people here get thier FM 2005 pre-orders from play.com on the day of release? If not, when was it sent, and when was it posted? just for me to get an idea of how long i will be waiting. Thanks.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I'm against splasing out 30 quid without knowing, is this worth the money, or should I just download an updated patch for this season? I've heard there a few neat little features, but is it worth it with a perfectly acceptable game already on my hard drive?

Actually if you order it off Play.com it's only £17.99, just wanted to add that. It is fantastic if you ask me. A definate improvement over CM 03/04, and for £17.99 it is worth getting.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Started my expected game of Arsenal yesterday, Got Dida from Milan on an unprotected to replace Lehmann, Lauren always becomes interested in leaving Arsenal in this game so I off loaded him to Sevilla.

Nigel De Jong was my intended replacement (as he was on the demo) but Ajax are being cunts about letting him go, and I don't have much capital left, if not its a perfect time to play Senderos and Hoyte till January.

I was wrong, Aston Villa are still bastards.

It's the way they manage to score from the most obscure angles at the furthest range with the greatest of ease in EVERY match I've played against them - which, including Demo games as Boro, Birmingham, and my main game as Chelsea, is probably about 10 times.

And also, has anyone else noticed how fucked up the offside calls are?

Anyhoo, in my Chelsea game it's late March. I'm still in all competitions (beat Man Utd in the final of the League Cup), but I've been having to claw my way back up the table with an atrocious run in the autumn that left me about 8th. I'm now 3rd on 62pts, with Man Utd and Arsenal on 69 and 70pts respectively. 8 games to go.

I got Clarence Seedorf from Milan, though I had to pay £31m for him (pfft, like it matters). William Gallas unfortunately went to Man Utd for £8m after getting too upset that I played Terry and Carvalho over him, but I then brought in Wilfred Bouma from PSV for the same amount of money, so all is well.

So my current team is probably something like this (the players alternate so regularly that I can't reall pick 11, so most positions have multiple places):

GK - Petr Cech/Carlo Cudicini (they pretty much alternate game to game)

DR - Glen Johnson/Paulo Ferreira

DL - Wayne Bridge

DC - John Terry/Wilfred Bouma

DC - Ricardo Carvalho/Wilfred Bouma

MR - Clarence Seedorf/Geremi

ML - Arjen Robben/Damien Duff

MC - Frank Lampard/Scott Parker

MC - Claude Makelele/Scott Parker

FC - For the two forwards, any random selection out of Drogba, Mutu, Kezman and Gudjohnson. They share 74 goals between them so far this season on a roughly equal level.

Oh, and Arjen Robben won the 2005 World Footballer of the Year. Damn fucking straight.

Finally Ajax have budged on De Jong, they're the worst computer generated negociators I have ever come across, they'd want an offer in access of £5million, I'd offer them a same value deal and they'd want an offer in access in excess of £5.4million.

Cunts.

LMAO @ mudda.

got this game over the weekend, had a run with Villa before just quitting and starting with Arsenal. Brought in Crespo and Veron for a combined 8.5M. Crespo scored on his debut, but Veron is injured for a week. Bought a lot of scandanavian youngsters and had Flamini, Van Persie, and Ljungberg bitch at me about the size of the squad. Jose Antonio Reyes is GOD. 6 straight games with a rating of 9 or 10. Currently second to Newcastle who are undefeated, it's still early though.

The Kraigy lookalike? that guys worthless. The deal with De Jong broke down, due to lack of finances, it appears I can't offer them 1.2million after 40 appearances if I dont have that 1.2million, which sucks.

You got Portsmouth relegated? you suck, Robert Green seems to be the number 1 for England in my game! Ferguson's already trying to slag me off too, I'm going to whoop him.

Bwahahahha, I love it when someone slates you and then loses, I just beat United 2-1, Ronaldo recieved a second yellow for diving, this game can be pretty accurate.

Yea, you could maybe understand them complaining about a foul or something but i've seen players argue about offsides when my player had no chance of getting the ball anyway. It's annoying when you get sendings off for nothing at all.

If anyone is playing as a smaller premiership side and needs a striker on loan or at an affordable price get Aliadiere from Arsenal Reserves, he's a legend, finishing of 18. I called him up to play against Portsmouth due to a striker shortage and bam, he scored a hattrick!

Tried to get Aliadiere to come to Leicster for a season. He said no. So I turned to Stefan Moore, he started well, then lost form. And Snowcroft quickly became my top striker, until getting injured. So I managed to get Neil Mellor on loan too.

Eyal Berkovich has been literally amazing for me. Tearing up the championship. I told Mick McCarthy I'd end their promotion hopes before they started, then proceeded to win.. I think it was 7 - 0, or something. Shocked me. Dario Gradi and I are good friends. :D

Doing well so far, loving every aspect of the game.

In February in my second season, top of the league by 6 points having just been on a 22 game unbeaten league match streak. Bloody southampton ended it when I (somewhat foolioshly) decided to rest Ruud and Ronaldo. Also Alan Smith, having his best season ever, has broken his leg and will miss five months.

Anyway I should win the league comfortably, i've already played Chelsea twice, Arsenal twice and Villa twice (Don't laugh, they're a force on my game). My only real difficult games left are Liverpool and Newcastle (currently second) both at home.

Some notable results:

Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 5-0 Arsenal

Man Utd 8-0 Fulham

Anyone else find that their assistants talk crap half the time? Quieroz so far has told me not to buy Fabrice Fernandes or Aleksander Frei. Both of whom have done well since I got them. And he continually tells me that Anthony Vanden Borre (Some young kid I signed from Anderlecht at the start) who has improved loads since I signed him, will never improve above his current level and that I should sell him. Yet his stats are better than Phil Neville's and only slighty worse than Keane's. Both of whom are "deserving of first team places" according to Quieroz.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind