Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have my Wrexham side high in teamwork and workrate, since I can't afford actual football skills in my wage budget.

Just do what I do. I say 'sod the wage budget' and go all out and hope for promotion. Sure, it didnt work the first or second season, but this season I am probably going to win it *touches wood*.

my shitload of high workrate plaers just arived in january, i sucked hard the first half (it´s been a bit more, shame on france not having a winter break) of the season and now i just beat the second placed team (i am glorius 20th with just making it above 10 points by now, i roxx) away 3:2, i never made more than one goal before.

i hope this has something todo with more workrate in the team and not just them being confused by not knowing half of my team becaus half of it never played ^^

yay, this win catapulted my moral to superb for everyone in the team, the german manager strikes back, now on this pc !

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest The Real Deal

Hmm guys I've a £1.5m budget with Everton im heading into January 2006. We're 16th and the board is pissed.

I need possibly 2 new central defenders round that budget. Anyone got any decent suggestions?

I'm in mid-October of 2004 with Wigan, and somehow I'm unbeaten in all competitions, which I'm pleasantly surprised about.

I've signed Aaron Lennon from Leeds (£600k), Freddy Guarin from Envigado (£1.5m), Joleon Lescott from Wolves (£1.2m), James Collins from Cardiff (£1.2m), David Preece from Aberdeen (£150k) and I've just brought in Marcus Stewart from Sunderland as his contract was unprotected for £650k.

I'm relying on Alan Mahon, Gary Teale and Nathan Ellington to score, as it seems that nobody else is trying to score goals.

I'm 3rd, and I expect at least a Play-Off place despite the media saying I have no chance. If I do get promoted, unless I make some damn decent signings I could be heading straight back down.

Guest The Real Deal

Got a message as I got Ono in on a free saying "Everton have done a smart thing in bringing in Ono as they will notice a vast increase in merchandise sales in Japan"

My Team is:

GK - Sorensen

DL - Konchesky

DC - Maxwell

DR - Agathe

DMC - Kehl

DMC - Jarosik

ML - McFadden

MC - Ono

MR - Bruggink

FC - James Beattie

FC - Robbie Keane

-

Claude Makelele

Michael Brown

Igor Biscan

Jeremie Aliadiere

Luis Boa Morte

Robert Earnshaw

Lillian Thuram

Andy Gray

Alexi Smertin

Guest The Real Deal

I've had quite a few new features I've never came across pop up, Jeremie Alliadiere demanded that in order for him to leave for Marseille on a low wage, we'd have to pay him £8000 a week for another 2 years as compensation.

I can't think of what the other one is right now.

Guest Red Devil

I've had both those features pop up. I've signed Ono in the past a few times and always get that message. I think it's been happening before any of the patches were introduced but I'm not sure.

Dellas (I think? The Roma Greek defender) used that with me. I wanted rid of him because he was a bag of shite and took too much money so after getting a club to agree to take him the bastard made me pay half his wages! It turned out ok as the money the club paid me for him was used to pay the wages and I had some left over.

My hopes of a treble were dashed by South-fucking-hampton. It's not the loss that makes me mad, it's the manner that I lost.

Southampton had 3 shots all game, and all of them went in. I had 21. only 1 hit the back of the net. Niemi was superman, while Drogba was shit.

And I've got crucial games against Man Utd and Arsenal coming up that could decide the title. Whilst their players are on superb morale, mine is ranging from okay to very good after that loss.

I'm still mad about the loss, and I have the urge to fine every single player 2 weeks wages for poor performance.

In the 2nd season as Fulham, 9 games in, I'm third. Yeah, I know its early days yet, but the fact that I got off to a good start for once is refreshing.

Here is my team at the moment:

GK - Van Der Sar

DL - Bocanegra

DR - Haas (got him for free....Mcnamara plays here when not injured, got him for free as well)

DC - Knight

DC - Vanden Borre (got at the start of first season)

ML - Boa Morte

MR - Malbranque

MC - Zenden (got for free, and he's played amazing since, scored 3 goals as well)

MC - Diop

FC - Javi Guerrero (scored 5 or so already this season)

FC - Kluivert (literally just got him...took a gamble, and so far scored 1 in 2)

Collins John and Claus Jensen usually get a run out as subs.

Guest The Real Deal

What do you think is the best skin out there for FM?

I'd go for Grey Stone I love that skin. If anybody could point me towards an even better one, that'd be awesome.