Anyone Else in a Band?

maddog

Is anyone else here in a band? If so what's your position and the positions of the other people and the name... And where you're from I guess..

DJ Red and the Three Blind Mice [Very Mixed Genres]

DJ - Josh Mancini [me, I'm the rock inspirational guy, although Frank Sinatra is thrown in also.]

Vocalist - Alan Beeman [Mainly does Rap, awesome writer. Can freestyle awesome on AC/DC.]

Keyboards - Kevin Duong [uh.. I don't know what he actually focuses in.. Hmm.. Plays the keyboards fucking good though.. And is our only Asian guy.]

Trumpet - Steven Beaute [Yeah.. He's our trumpet player... Plays by ear and loves all types of music. Can do really good covers of the Eye of the Tiger and the other Rocky Song. Also the Token Black Guy.]

Some Songs We Did:

Hey Sinare [Old Italian Folk Song, I Don't Know if Spelling is right.. But yeah..]

America [Original song by myself]

Beeman Rap 1 and 2 [No titles yet, basically about life, by Alan Beeman]

Eye of the Tiger [Yep..]

What about you guys?

Me. Lead guitar(.... I'm a mix of everything, but my favorite groups are Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Primus, Blur, Guns N' Roses and Indie crap), but I have been lately got into Bass and Jazz a lot.... which doesn't fit my group

Pahin, Bass (I taught him how to play bass.... he uses a pick which sucks, and the fact that I can play bass at least three times better than him really sucks =\)(He likes Rapture quite a lot, and also Indie crap)

Chavez, Drums (Sucks, as simple as that), (his favorite groups are Ramones, Guns N' Roses, but doesn't even have the stamina to play The Hives songs).

Yeah... I need a new band where I can play band, I'm sick of playing crap punk just so they can keep up to me... I so want to play Funk rock.

Guest Mr McFarlane

Kou Kou and the Moonwalkers:

DJ, Vocals, Sex Beast: Kou K Kouerson. (He's one talented mother fucker)

The Moonwalkers:

Guitar: Nicolas LeClair (Not as sexy as Kou K Kouerson)

Bass: Kyle Mundy (Almost as sexy as Kouerson.)

Drums: Drum Monkey (I don't think there's a word to describe how less sexy he is)

Airbrake

Me: Bass/Vocals

Kevin: Drums

Jim: Rhythm guitar

Person To Be Found Soon: Lead guitar

We have 8 original songs, and we go about 6 covers.

The covers are:

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Fortunate Son

You've Got Another Thing Coming

Paranoid

Come Out And Play

Last Caress

www.airbrakemusic.vze.com if you wanna check us out.

I'm currently learning Bass, in hopes of putting together a band sometime before 2008. :P

I want to perform a Punk/Metal version of the Happy Days theme at my school's talent show next year, but I probably won't be able to play shit by then still.

Hey, if a ska band can cover Hey Ya! at the talent show, I can do the Happy Days song. :shifty:

Been in one for about two years, but it's only recently getting serious. We're called "Empire Of" now. Been through many name changes.

Me - Vocals - I try as much as poss. to sing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Don't really have one major singing influence, but my lyric styles fluctuate between The Cure and ATD-I.

Tom Nolan - Lead Guitar - He's really good. Well happy with him in the band. Also a good friend of mine before the band. Plays a lot of Nirvana tinged stuff for the slower songs, and then goes different for livelier tracks. Likes 'punk'. (Not proper punk, but at least it is punk and not Pop-Punk)

Tim Kostandinous - Rythm Guitar - He's OK. Might be getting replaced soon, as he's a cock.

Aran Jenkinson - Bass - He's the band's protection. Huge guy. He's newish to playing bass. I can play better than him. But I can't do both at once ><. He plays using downward strumming, rather than upward strumming or picking, which I ain't happy about, but hey. Who cares.

James 'Brown Sound' Andrews - Drums - Never seen a better drummer in my life. Guys twice his age couldn't keep up with his pace and stamina. Especially for a tiny guy. He's amazing :D

We recently started putting some tracks together so at the minute we only have 'So Dead' and 'Tonight'. Covers wise, we've got 'Basket Case' (Tom's Choice), 'Otherside' (My Choice), 'Scar Tissue', 'Gay Bar', 'Get Free', 'Killing In the Name Of...', 'School's Out For Summer' and finally, 'Jealous Again'.

Kou Kou and the Moonwalkers:

DJ, Vocals, Sex Beast: Kou K Kouerson. (He's one talented mother fucker)

The Moonwalkers:

Guitar: Nicolas LeClair (Not as sexy as Kou K Kouerson)

Bass: Kyle Mundy (Almost as sexy as Kouerson.)

Drums: Drum Monkey (I don't think there's a word to describe how less sexy he is)

Me and my two friends played in a band for a while called Suburbia Soldiers. I played the bass, my friend played the guitar and my friend played the drums. We just played three chords over and over again and talked about rebellion.

Fun times held in our basement.

When I finally get around to fixing my guitar, I am gonna get cracking on starting a band with my mate Dave. I have already written a few songs, one dedicated to the bus drivers of the S2 bus, a song about Tamagotchi and a song about Absynthe. Oh yeah B)

I'm in The Sonic Demonics (a temporary name), we play Misfits-esque horror rock for the most part, with some other random stuff thrown in.

Stevie Dream (me): Vocals

CC "The Kid" Neptune: Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Bass

Mistress Mary Decadence: Djembe, Bass, Drums, Misc. Percussion, Vocals

Dr. Carl Longjohn: Didgeridoo, Sampling, Bass, Vocals, Misc. Percussion

Simon Gascoyne: Bass, Rhythm Guitar, Drums, Vocals

Fiona: Drums

I've been in a couple of other bands, namely Fully Air Conditioned Inside (a "progressive-freeform-world-folk-cabaret-disco-metal" band, basically the same band as above, only minus Fiona and playing a random mess of noise instead of actual songs), 56 Tears (generic garage rock), Screamin' Tom Violence & The Crybabies (even more generic garage rock), Stevie Dream & The Toxic Death Minstrels (bad hair metal), Coathanger Abortion (very bad death metal) and Summer Insomnia (electronic trippy psychadelic folk randomness).

Seriously, though, my response to Kou aside, I have an electric keyboard I've had since high school and several harmonicas that belonged to my grandfather. The keyboard was just a diversion, and about all I can play on it is the theme to The Twilight Zone. I would like to learn how to play the harmonica, though.

Little known UP fact: can play the harmonica. Started when I was really little and didn't really play it much after I was 12, but my grandfather also played and got me interested in it again (as well as alot of folk music) when I was around 14. Can also play guitar poorly for when I want to do the Neil Young or Bob Dylan harmonica/guitar thing but it doesn't work well. I've never been in a band full time but I've played with a few friends band a few times when they've done acoustic stuff and wanted harmonica or an extra guitar. I also play bass kinda averagely but never in a band.

In a bad, nothing too serious just a group of mates doing something for fun. We had some small gigs over the summer, we each made around nearly £150 each from them, which is pretty good. I started off as the bass player, but we found a better bass player and i'm now the lead singer (We were originally looking for a new lead singer after our other one left to go to uni, but instead we got another bass in, who I admit is an aweful lot better than me). We've gone through numerous names; Citizen #1578, Breeding Chaos, Loner and Not Your Average Punk Band (Sort of play on Not Your Average WHite Band, ooooo the funk :shifty: ). As you can see, the names suck nuts. Currently we're going with Citizen #1578 again, as we got most of our gigs under that name. As on the of the names suggests, we're a punk band. Pretty much political punk, and most songs revolve around what's happening in the world. But we also sing about things we feel strongly about. Whilst we can make the most of free recording facilities, we're going to do a 5 track before Christmas (When school work cools off) and possibly another before the summer, if we have enough material (We currently have 7 original songs. But 1 is absolutely dire and would need a drastic overhaul if it were to work.

Me = Lead Singer

James = Electric Guitar

Scott = Bass Guitar

Phil = Drummer

And sometimes we draft in some guy called Paul (Who never talks to anyone other than Phil) to play piano or guitar, if needs be. It's pretty cool, great fun. Not looking to take it serious though, it's a bit of fun.

Guest LegionCageFan

I used to be in a band but ever since have found it hard to find members or a band to join around here.

I played guitar, and have replaced some bassists when they couldnt make it to gigs.

I also play keyboard but havent actually played them in a group environment.

• 2 weeks later...

(For those who wonder, I've been on EWB for a hell of a long time now, I just don't post as much anymore)

I've been trying desperately to get a band(I'm an ok vocalist), but I can't really find many musicians interested. I'm willing to perform just about anything, but as far as originals, I'm going for a gothic glam metal type of thing(think David Bowie, KISS, Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animals album). I may have a guitarist and bassist, but drummers are hard to come by around here, or, at least drummers who aren't preppy assholes that only want to cover Marshall Tucker Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I haven't really found any musicians interested in what I'm going for. I want to be a rock star.

EDIT: Any interested people in upstate South Carolina can feel free to contact me.

E-mail: lilrommel@hotmail.com

AIM: GeneralLawson

Like I said, I'm desperate. :)

Edited by KevinStorm

Guest LegionCageFan

(For those who wonder, I've been on EWB for a hell of a long time now, I just don't post as much anymore)

I've been trying desperately to get a band(I'm an ok vocalist), but I can't really find many musicians interested.  I'm willing to perform just about anything, but as far as originals, I'm going for a gothic glam metal type of thing(think David Bowie, KISS, Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animals album).  I may have a guitarist and bassist, but drummers are hard to come by around here, or, at least drummers who aren't preppy assholes that only want to cover Marshall Tucker Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd.  I haven't really found any musicians interested in what I'm going for.  I want to be a rock star.

EDIT: Any interested people in upstate South Carolina can feel free to contact me.

E-mail: lilrommel@hotmail.com

AIM: GeneralLawson

Like I said, I'm desperate. :)

lol, not around here. There are two FANTASTIC drummers in my school, and a bunch of good guitarists and stuff. The only thing is, most of hte guys hate each other, otherwise they would defenatally have a good band going.

Ive been in about 3 bands so far, now I'm sort of floating a bit, nearly in one or two bands, but just in the jamming stage and nothing really set in stone. I'm either Rythymist/Vocals or Leadist. An old band I was in actually had a site (that has been taken down) with a bunch of recordings, if i can track them down I'll post them. But right now I'm bandless, do the odd gig for a band called Clampdown (which i've actually become a bit of a local hero for, as we went to the battle of the bands final last year together with me front manning.), and sometimes for other bands who do metal covers (Me = Guy with deep/high pitched metal voice, Pantera style.) In the next few weeks however, I'll probably have differant news when asked the same question.