NO-ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO COVER THE MISFITS EVER.

K

So there have been a few good Misfits covers, I'll admit that, (Metallica, The Network to name two).

But I just recieved this album -

austin_music_recviews-2.gif

Which is, obviously, a Misfits cover album.

Now, after listening to it - the ratio of bad misfits songs to good, is now 14 : 2

That's not good.

This album is an embaressment to The Misfits.

I mean, Goldfinger? Who the fuck are they? They're nobodies, and they're shit.

This is the first CD I'm ashamed to own, and I own a Sum41 album.

Plus I had to import it, and it took ages and I was really excited about it, and when it arrived I wanted to kill myself.

So, uhhh... I'm probably the only person here with this album, so this thread is unlikely to go anywhere... talk about bad covers or something.

I like Sum41. Good live at Download this year.

Other bad covers:

Korn - Word Up (it's pretty much the same as the original, why bother?)

Ten Masked Men - Blue (Da Ba Dee) (so bad it's good, really really funny)

I'll think more when I can be arsed. But not having heard a great deal of Misfits stuff (please don't kill me :(), I couldn't comment on the covers.

Gotta disagree about Word Up. I like Korn's version of it.

You want to talk about bad covers?

Then, how about....

Ry Cooder's version of All Shook Up? Its on the soundtrack to the Tom Cruise movie `Cocktail', and it sucks.

Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love. :thumbsup: to their version of Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), though.

And Avril Lavigne should be shot for her version of Fuel on that MTV Icons Metallica special. Thank God she never recorded it!

And Avril Lavigne should be shot for her version of Fuel on that MTV Icons Metallica special. Thank God she never recorded it!

Her Chop Suey has inspired numerous bounties upon her pretty head.

Haven't heard them and I don't really desire to.

I think it's funny, though, that the anti-Britney thing has completely dissapeared with her rediculously overproduced and faux sap videos, and the only thing giving her any punk cred is her absolutely terrible hard rock covers.

Ahahahahaha Avril sucks and blows.

The two worst covers of all time, in my opinion, are Avril Lavinge's cover of "Chop Suey" and A Perfect Circle's cover of "Imagine."

:thumbsup:

GoGo is always right, except when he isn't.

Other bad covers:

I'll think more when I can be arsed. But not having heard a great deal of Misfits stuff (please don't kill me :(), I couldn't comment on the covers.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Other bad covers:

Ten Masked Men are supposed to be bad. They're comedy. Comedy Death Metal.

I listen to some of their stuff quite a lot :P

Blue is one of the songs that doesn't really work though. Try Deeper Underground, Baby One More Time or Stayin' Alive :P The fact that they don't change the lyrics (except for adding a few expletives :P) makes you realise how fucking stupid they are :P Their Play That Funky Music cover just HAS to be heard. It's brilliance.

The thing is, they're actually a good band (give or take the lead singer :P), they just choose to be funny.

I think it's funny, though, that the anti-Britney thing has completely dissapeared with her rediculously overproduced and faux sap videos, and the only thing giving her any punk cred is her absolutely terrible hard rock covers.

I didn't realize she had any punk cred in the first place. :blink:

In my humble opinion, most covers do not equal the original. There are exceptions, but not too many. Nomeansno does a good job with "Manic Depression" and "Beat on the Brat" albeit adding their own little flavor to each song.

About the Misfits album, what time periods do they cover? Is it a wide range of Misfits stuff, or mostly older, or newer stuff?

For those curious as to the tracks Keith is talking about, I believe this is the list of tunes:

1. Snapcase - She

2. Pennywise - Astro Zombies

3. Shades Apart - 20 Eyes

4. Tanner - T.V. Casualties

5. Therapy? - Where Eagles Dare

6. Prong - London Dungeon

7. 108 - Death Comes Ripping

8. Bouncing Souls - Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?

9. Goldfinger - Ghouls Night Out

10. Deadguy - Horror Business

11. Sick Of It All - All Hell Breaks Loose

12. NOFX - Last Caress

13. Earth Crisis - Earth A.D.

14. Farside - Return Of The Fly

The two worst covers of all time, in my opinion, are Avril Lavinge's cover of "Chop Suey" and A Perfect Circle's cover of "Imagine."

:thumbsup:

GoGo is always right, except when he isn't.

And since I'm almost always right... ^_^