19. Final Thought (Skit)

20. Encore

BONUS CD

1. We As Americans

2. Love You More

3. Ricky Ticky Toc

He's retiring after this CD.

Supposedly.

From what I understand, he's not retiring...this CD was all about the metaphoric killing of the Slim Shady character, which explains the name Encore. So I'm guessing that from now on his CDs won't have as many comedic songs. I'd say we can still expect CDs from Eminem.

Alright, so we'll expect no more GOOD CDs from Eminem.

As is the opinion of mine, I think this CD is quite possibly his weakest in terms of lyrics. There are some new revelations in Yellowbrick Road and Like Toy Soldiers and whatnot, but after that? It's just the same-old same-old. But then, it's called Encore for a reason - it's a repeat of his last 3 albums. In terms of the music and whatnot, I enjoyed it. The beats, samples and some of the hooks work well. But you know that if he had actually tried to impress with this, it could have been something so much more. As it is, it's an average album for the mainstream market, and a poor album by Eminem standards.

2/5 seems appropriate really.

I think generally, the songs we've all talked of (Yellowbrick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, etc) are the best ones definitely. I liked the last song though (I'm buggered if I remember it though). And Mockingbird was alright. 50 Cent actually impressed me on this album though. Which surprises me, because I usually hate his stuff.

Saying he or his album is garbage is pushing it. The thing is that it has all been done before and it is time for Eminem to move on creatively. I thought after Eminem Show he would have moved on, because that would have been the perfect gateway into a style shift. It was an amazing overall album and would've been a great end to the old Slim Shady character, if he is planning to retire the moniker. The record isn't bad, but it is just typical Eminem, the same thing we've heard for 3 albums already. Regardless of what people think of him, he is quite talented, I believe he can live past this and rejuvenate his work.

name a song in The Eminem Show where he was a parody of himself.. besides the singles, and even those were good

Didn't say they weren't good, but they are stale. You can only go so far trying to make a joke at the expense of pop culture. Its also a fact that he's hypocritical, becoming exactly that which he humorizes.

And I'd have to say all the singles were a parody of himself. The only songs I really liked off that album were White America and Superman.