G4TechTV Shitcanning

Numbahs

Since we are all nerds, I have to ask.....

Anyone else think there's no reason to watch G4TechTV now that they got rid of Unscrewed(which wasn't really funny to begin with) and fired the whole crew of TSS?

I mean, all that's left is Morgan Webb.....and she can't be on 24/7.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Adam Sessler still there? Adam Sessler>*

But TechTV got anally raped by G4 in this merge, sure they got rid of some of the crap stuff, but they also got rid of alot of good stuff, such as Leo Laporte and the entire cast of TSS and replaced it with G4 Crap stuff, like Arena (Instead of playing Video Games, let's watch OTHER people play video games! YAY!) and Players (WHAT!!! Celebities play video games? TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT) and Electric Playground got corny, it was alright when it was on the canadian channel a while ago, but now it's crap.

X Play (and TSS, when I remember to watch it) are the only good shows on. Judgement Day is okay, but Tommy Talirico is way to critical. (In this one part, there is some major clipping, so I am giving it a 3.)

As far as I know, Sessler is still around. Adam and Morgan are the two longest-tenured TechTV folks still around (to be fair, however, since Unscrewed is apparently done and Yoshi has been let go, there are only four TTV holdovers left: Sessler, Webb, Kevin Rose, and Sarah Lane...for an even more-fun fact, Adam's is the LAST of the ZDTV hosts left).

The good and bad of G4TechTV, according to Midget:

Good:

1. Cinematech - Probably the best show G4 brought into the merger, and considering that it's a show that features nothing but video game footage and trailers, that's saying something. For what it is, though, it's usually pretty good. Not everyday you can flick on the television, sit back, and see the old school game trailers for Final Fantasy VII, Tetris, etc.

2. X-Play - Despite the fact that G4 had two shows that are practically the same as this show, they had the common sense to keep the show and its two hosts.

3. Diane Mizota - Yes, she's moderately attractive, but that's not the point. She stands as the ONLY host on G4's past roster that can come off as remotely funny, despite the fact that she appears overly wooden at times.

Bad:

1. Over-production: I continually see these cheesy-ass special effects on shows like Electric Playground. I don't care for them, and they really make the show look second-rate.

2. Electric Playground/Judgment Day/X-Play - THEY'RE THE SAME SHOW, not withstanding EP's ocassional comic review. So I have a compromise...don't allow Tommy Tallarico on-screen (he already produces and does the music, no need to let him become Hunter Jerst Jarrett) and create a singule one-hour show featuring Sessler, Webb, and Victor Lucas (and even then, let Lucas be a rare appearance).

3. Completely uneven merger: It's G4TechTV in name only. The only REGULARLY-AIRING shows held over from TechTV are Anime Unleashed, Robot Wars, The Screen Savers, and X-Play (Fresh Gear, Future Fighting Machines, and Invent This! are now extremely rare to see). Meanwhile, Electric Playground, Judgment Day, G4TV, Arena (a HORRIBLE show), Cheat, Sweat, Cinematech, Icons, Players, Portal, Pulse, and Filter ALL made the transition.

And the main point...

4. Far too preppy: Lemme explain. When Ziff Davis Television became TechTV, they at least managed to keep the more intimate, you-could-actually-associate-with-these-people vibe going on. That's what made people so enamored with shows like TSS, Tech Live!, etc. You could see them screw up, see them explained what happened, and see them act just like regular people. Now, it all feels overly forced. Everybody I felt were personable have been let go and replaced with people that more resemble the people I wanted to lynch in high school. Chris, Cat, Yoshi, Leo, Patrick, Martin, Michaela Perrera, etc., all gone. All gone to PC Magazine/Stuff Magazine/guest spots/radio shows/more guest spots/random TSS spots/KTLA morning shows/etc. They're replaced by guys like Tommy freakin' Tallarico. These people aren't personable, they're freaking preps who probably got their first Atari thanks to kissing the ass of Reaganomics.

So yeah. After giving it a few month trail-run, I've resigned myself to three shows out of the entire lineup. And with the wholesale changes they're making to TSS AGAIN, I can't help but continue to be mad for what was.

But that's business.

My G4TechTV watching is extremly limited now. Kevin Rose must be in some MAJOR stress, he's the only one holding TSS together, it's him and Sarah that are left, and she would be gone if she wasn't going out with Kevin. The loss of Alex is meh, I never liked him to begin with. But how can they fire Dan the Foo and Yoshi? Those 2 were very important. Who's going to be replacing them those idiots on Pulse or G4TV.com? They might have as well canned the whole show.

514.jpg

HOW THE FUCK DID THEY GET RID OF UNSCREWED! That show was class. I guess they figure they already fucked up 90% of techtv, let's fuck up the rest.

Now on the bright side of living in Canada, We get the new Call For Help. And less of the G4 crap, so it's not as bad in Canada, but still it's sad to see the best station getting fucked with, The only real show G4 kept to it's original state was the only video game show on TTV.

TechTV is dead, within a year they will just drop it from there name and call themselves G4 again. I hope G4TechTV Canada can start producing more of it's own material like the new CFH

2. Electric Playground/Judgment Day/X-Play - THEY'RE THE SAME SHOW, not withstanding EP's ocassional comic review. So I have a compromise...don't allow Tommy Tallarico on-screen (he already produces and does the music, no need to let him become Hunter Jerst Jarrett) and create a singule one-hour show featuring Sessler, Webb, and Victor Lucas (and even then, let Lucas be a rare appearance).

damn man i'm disgusted. the only show i watched alot was unscrewed. Did martin and Laura get fire or are they still around? and firing everyone off of screensavers is fucking ridiculous. Yoshi was the fucking man and Alex rose was hilarious. At least they haven't tampered with x-play so that at least gives me a reason to turn it to g4(its not techtv anymore imo) 1 time a day

damn man i'm disgusted. the only show i watched alot  was unscrewed. Did martin and Laura get fire or are they still around? and firing everyone off of screensavers is fucking ridiculous. Yoshi was the fucking man and Alex rose was hilarious.  At least they haven't tampered with x-play so that at least gives me a reason to turn it to g4(its not techtv anymore imo) 1 time a day

Am I the only one that was highly annoyed by Martin? I fucking hated his show.

Who used to host XPlay/Forgot the other name with Sessler? I have a mental image in my head, but I can't put a name to the face.

And G4TechTV is only good for two things anymore: XPlay & G4TechTV.com (the show)

<_<

kate Botello hosted it with adam sessler. kate was awesome but morgan as filled her shoes. yeah i forgot about g4techtv.com. laura and tina are babes!

as for martin i find him hilarious . if he go canned maybe he and laura can get a show on the comedy central

^^^ just shows you she has class unlike cat schwartz. I give the channel a few months and i suspect it will be gone and all that will be left is g4 programming(Which i think was the plan all along.) they decided to keep a a few techtv shows at first to get some of the original fans and then they slowl do away with all of ttv programing).

Waitaminute, if G4 merged with Tech TV because G4 was getting bad ratings and now is slowly turning g4tech tv into g4, isnt this just putting them back to the beggining? The point of it all was?

And am I the only one here that actually likes EP? <_<

I cannot stand EP it is cheesy as fuck. as for Cat I was mis understood. i thought she posted the pics of herself when in fact someone ont he internet used a program that retrieves data froma cropped photo thus revelaing the full photo