Ol' Dirty Bastard

Guest BacknBlackHoez

It's on mtv's site it's true...kind of speechless at this point.

RIP Ol Dirty Bastard aka Dirt McGirt

Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard died on Saturday (November 13) in New York, according to his spokesperson.

Sources close to ODB (whose real name was Russell Jones) said he had been complaining of chest pains earlier in the day.

A statement was released Saturday evening by ODB's mother, Cherry Jones. "This evening I received a phone call that is every mother's worst dream," she said. "My son, Russell Jones, passed away. To the public, he was known as Ol' Dirty Bastard. To me, he was known as Rusty, the kindest and most generous soul on earth. I appreciate all the support I received. Russell was more than a rapper — he was a loving father, brother, uncle and most of all, son. With love, Cherry Jones.

MTV News will have more on this story as it develops.

Yeah this shit is true. This sucks I'm a huge Wu-Tang fan. But with all the drugs he did it can't be much of surprise he died early in his life. Still though I can't believe he is dead still. I always enjoyed listening to his music, I really like his album Return to the 36 Chambers. RIP ODB.

Maybe this will clear things up

The rap artist O.D.B., whose utterly unique rhymes, wild lifestyle and incessant legal troubles made him one of the most vivid characters in hip-hop, collapsed and died inside a recording studio Saturday. He was 35.

O.D.B. had complained of chest pains before collapsing at the Manhattan studio, and was dead by the time paramedics arrived, said Gabe Tesoriero, a spokesman for O.D.B.'s record label, Roc-a-Fella.

The cause of death was not immediately clear, but O.D.B. had recently finished a prison sentence for drug possession and escaping a rehab clinic. He would have turned 36 on Monday.

Sad all i can say is Rest In Peace

Edited by Matthew

"Introducin', yo fuck that nigga's name,"

My hip hop drops on your head like ra-a-ain,

And when it rains it pours, cause my rhymes hardcore,

That's why I give you more of the raw,

Talent that I got will riz-ock the spot,

M.C.'s I be bur-r-rnin', bur-r-rnin' hot,

Woah ho ho! Hit me like slow-mo with the flow,

If I move too quick, oh, you just won't know,

RIP, Ol' Dirty. I had a soft spot for him.

Guest Layne Staley

New York — Rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard, known as much for his run-ins with the law as for his colourful lyrics, collapsed and died inside his studio Saturday, his record label said. He was 36.

The musician, whose real name was Russell Jones, had complained of chest pains before collapsing at his Manhattan studio, according to a statement from his record label, Roc-a-Fella.

Mr. Jones, also known as O.D.B., was a founding member of the hit rap group the Wu-Tang Clan.

His life was as wild as his rap. In 1998, he was wounded in a shooting during a robbery in his apartment. He was frequently in trouble with the law ranging from traffic violations to drug possession.

In February 1998, he crashed the stage at the Grammy Awards, apparently upset over losing to Puff Daddy, and hijacked a microphone from singer Shawn Colvin as she accepted her own award. He complained that he spent a lot of money for new clothes because he thought he was going to win. He later apologized

With hits such as It's Yourz the Wu-Tang Clan sold millions of records and has a successful clothing line. Its members have also enjoyed hits as spin-off acts, including ODB.