Kanye "Ego" West

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Outkast took home three American Music Awards last night (November 14th), topped only by Usher, who snagged four awards.

The rappers took home awards for Favorite Pop/Rock Band and Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop album for their double CD Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.

They also won Best Rap/Hip-Hop group.

During their acceptance speech, group member Big Boi paid homage to Ol’ Dirty Bastard, who collapsed and died suddenly on Saturday (November 13th).

“Rest in peace Ol’ Dirty Bastard,” Big Boi said. We love you.”

Snoop Dogg and Neptunes producer Pharrell Williams performed during the evening. Williams called Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s death a shame and said that the Hip-Hop community should stick together.

Roc-A-Fella CEO Jay-Z won the Favorite Male Artist in the Rap/Hip-Hop category.

Jay-Z’s artist, Kanye West was unhappy about the night’s proceedings.

He was nominated in three categories and was shut out of them all, including best new artist, which went to country singer Gretchen Wilson.

"I feel I was definitely robbed, I was the best new artist this year," West said. "I don't know if I'll be back at this award show next year."

The way he said it does come off a little egotistical, but I think he's got reason to be pissed about Breakthrough Artist. I have no problems with country music (until I turned 13 that was all I listened to because it was all I was exposed to) and Gretchen Wilson sucks. Maroon 5 are good, but after listening to their songs a few times it grows real stale real quick.

In his other two nominations, he had to go in knowing he was going to lose. Jay-Z had best Male wrapped up and Best Album in my eyes should have gone to The Black Album, as I find it to be the most complete rap album I've heard in a long time...that and I've been a Jay-Z fan since I got into music outside of my country raisin'.

He should be glad he lost Best New Artist, because usually anyone who wins that award there or at the Grammies is usually never heard from again after a couple of years.

And I agree he should have won it, not Gretchen Wilson.

I'd be a little pissed too, who the hell Gretchen Wilson? He did have a big intial impact this year and is a worthy winner of that award. I'm not sure who else was in the category, so I can't tell you if he should have won or not, but whether you like him or not, Kayne West was with a doubt one of the biggest breakout artists of the year. And how the hell is Kayne West a cunt?

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Fuck It, he should of taken the award Jay Z won aswell, theres no shame in losing to outkast, but some redneck country and western singer?

Theres no such thing as a 'breakout' in country anyway, unless its refering to some type of sexual disease caught from your brother, who got it from your father.

Kanye West... egotistical?

His record was critically acclaimed and commericially accepted. The same cannot be said about Maroon 5 and Gretchen Wilson. In fact, both Wilson and Maroon 5 belong on the worst of list.

I would've been mad too, if I made one of the best albums of the year just to lose to some redneck chick that everyone thinks is hot. (which, IMO, is partly true)

He may be a little selfish, but I would be the same way if that happened to me.