First Images of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory

Maxx

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate liking Tim Burton movies because I hate him as a person. It's a paradox. I think this will be a good movie and hopefully will earn Depp an Oscar. I have a feeling he'll be nominated for "Finding Neverland" and deserves to win but Jamie Foxx will win because everyone loves Ray...except me. Plus, the kid playing Charlie is the one who played Peter in "Finding Neverland" and I swear that kid is the boy version of Dakota Fanning. Damn he was good. Anyways, I can't wait for this one.

I hate liking Tim Burton movies because I hate him as a person.  It's a paradox.  I think this will be a good movie and hopefully will earn Depp an Oscar. I have a feeling he'll be nominated for "Finding Neverland" and deserves to win but Jamie Foxx will win because everyone loves Ray...except me.  Plus, the kid playing Charlie is the one who played Peter in "Finding Neverland" and I swear that kid is the boy version of Dakota Fanning.  Damn he was good.  Anyways, I can't wait for this one.

What have you got against Burton?

Looking forward to it, I've quite liked every Burton movie I've seen and this will be no different. Plus, there's the added boon of Depp portraying a darker Wonka.

This will surely rock the pants.

I don't understand why the obsession with making the movie darker. It worked just fine as it was -- a light-hearted morality play (I mean, is the Chocolate Factory a transparent allegory for Heaven or what?) that kids could relate to and take a lesson from. Who is this going to appeal to, except for sadists like us? Who do you market this to? Kids will be freaked out, and adults will think it's a children's story.

Well, good luck with it anyway.

I don't understand why the obsession with making the movie darker.  It worked just fine as it was -- a light-hearted morality play (I mean, is the Chocolate Factory a transparent allegory for Heaven or what?) that kids could relate to and take a lesson from.  Who is this going to appeal to, except for sadists like us?  Who do you market this to?  Kids will be freaked out, and adults will think it's a children's story.

Well, good luck with it anyway.

The original movie was pretty damn dark though.  I mean if they made the tunnel scene today they'd be slapped with a PG-13 rating for sure just for disturbing content.

Tunnel scene? I've never read the book...so explain.

I was flicking through the music channels this morning and saw Adam and the Ants song...dunno which one, but Johnny Depp looks eerily like him in this make-up/outfit and in the film...ish.

By tunnel scene she meant the movie, TMM. You know, when they're on the boat and go into the dark tunnel, and they start going fast as hell as Wonka's just talking and then starts yelling and there's images and shit flying by them.

Best description I can come up with off the top of my head, anyway.

By tunnel scene she meant the movie, TMM. You know, when they're on the boat and go into the dark tunnel, and they start going fast as hell as Wonka's just talking and then starts yelling and there's images and shit flying by them.

Best description I can come up with off the top of my head, anyway.

Dukes, its a drug movie. Just like Alice in Wonderland, whatever it was originally intended to be, it became a drug movie. (though, for the record, Through the Looking Glass was never about anything but drugs, and Alice is a kickass game, and aren't they supposed to be making a movie about that?)

Anyway, Depp is no Wilder, and I wanted Marylin Manson in the first place, so bleh. Darker is better though, so thumbs up for that.

Now, someone go make me a fucking Alice movie with Angelina Jolie.

Dukes, its a drug movie. Just like Alice in Wonderland, whatever it was originally intended to be, it became a drug movie. (though, for the record, Through the Looking Glass was never about anything but drugs, and Alice is a kickass game, and aren't they supposed to be making a movie about that?)

Anyway, Depp is no Wilder, and I wanted Marylin Manson in the first place, so bleh. Darker is better though, so thumbs up for that.

Now, someone go make me a fucking Alice movie with Angelina Jolie.

Edited by Pepsi