XBL Gamertags & Discussion

Numbahs

I've just got the Vazier to beat, and up until now I've been pretty damn impressed with it. Definitely the best in the series, even if it doesn't have the sexy soundtrack that Warrior Within had. Climbing the tower has been one of the only things to piss me off so far, but that was mostly my fault for spending half an hour complaining and totally forgetting about the large stone block at my disposal <_< The final fight is proving to be a bitch with only a few sand tanks left, but I'll beat the fucker eventually.

I thought the WW soundtrack sucked. It seemed like the instrumental version of "I Stand Alone" played over, and over, AND OVER..

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh HELL no.

Sands of Time owns your existence, Warrior Within is eeeew.

Warrior Within soundtrack > Sands of Time soundtrack = Check

Warrior Within gameplay > Sands of Time gameplay = Check

Warrior Within storyline > Sands of Time storyline = Check

Warrior Within difficulty > Sands of Time difficulty = Check

I struggle to see what makes Sands of Time better aside from perhaps the inclusion of the original PoP game.

Guest Future Shock

Soundtrack blows (Godsmack is the devil)

Gameplay isn't better (fighting is nice, but I wanted more puzzles)

Storyline damn sure isn't better (I'd put voice acting under this one, and the Prince turned all Wolverine and evil)

And difficulty I don't really care about unless it's either way too easy or way too hard, both games are neither.

Soundtrack blows (Godsmack is the devil)

A Few Other Bands > Godsmack > Gay Persian Music

Gameplay isn't better (fighting is nice, but I wanted more puzzles)

I prefer a fight to a puzzle any day, if I wanted to be mentally tested I'd try and figure out what I did with my thumb.

Storyline damn sure isn't better (I'd put voice acting under this one, and the Prince turned all Wolverine and evil)

So wait, you've been chased for years by a seemingly undefeatable badass, had everyone who you cared about taken away, and you expect him to be smiles, sunshine and jokes? I agree, perhaps a couple more jokes here and there, but honest to God, I'd like to see you keep a grin on your face after that.

To me the storyline was far superior, I never felt Sands of Time really get started, it was just "make your way through and then end the game", there was no huge plot development aside from the begining and the end.

And difficulty I don't really care about unless it's either way too easy or way too hard, both games are neither.

I like my games hard, I like a challenge.

So I picked this game up for my son for Christmas and now I'm hooked! :blush:

I sat back and watched him play for a couple of days, I'm telling you this kid plays for days at a time. But anyways he got me into it the other day and it has got to be the best RPG I've ever played. And I thought Super Mario World was good.

Just out of curiosity does anybody else have a copy of this game?

EDIT: Oh shoot their is already a topic about this, my apologies.

Edited by Marcus

I must say, I owe it almost entirely to my aunt's ex-boyfriend Kevin. Around the time I was 5-6 years old he started dating her and eventually moved in with her while she was living next door to us. He had every available console at the time, as well as a wealth of spare PC parts etcetera. One of the first memories I have regarding any game is sitting around my aunt's room while I watched him play RPGs on the NES. That christmas, I got a SNES and a copy of LoZ: Link To The Past. Things took off from there.

What about you guys?

I was about three at a birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses. My mom has a picture of me with the "This is the greatest thing since pooping myself" look on my face as I'm playing Ms. Pac Man.

The addiction started there. :P