Hmm, three things interested me in SVU yesterday.

ROC

Well, I was flipping through the channel last night and I flipped on the channel to NBC, where I saw someone who looked familiar. After a minute or so, I realized it was film actress Shannyn Sossamon. You know, Heath Ledger's love interest in two of his movies or maybe you know her as Lauren Hynde in The Rules of Attraction.

Anyways, I'm going off-focus. Getting back to the point I wanted to make. The episode itself was an episode where Sossamon's character (Myra) accused one of her teachers of rape. Another thing that caught my attention was of similar events in TROA (rape, attempted suicide, etc.) happening strangely in the episode, maybe a case of coincidence or even art imitating other art.

The last point, the episode ended on a cliffhanger with the verdict not being read yet. (also kind of an imitation if you take in how TROA ended) Apparantly, you can vote online here for what you think the verdict should be (though, it would help majorly to actually watch the show first).

Just something that interested me. Now, carry on.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Guest Ringmaster

Ya know, when NBC advertises for a week that "you will not believe this episode's ending" , then pulls this shit, it's gotta be pretty fucking frustrating to the SVU viewer.

And Dick Wolf "borrows" stories from real life and movies as well, so it's no surprise that he'd get it from TROA.

Edited by Ringmaster

Guest Ringmaster

Yeah, then again it seems more of NBC's attempt to see if they still have SVU fans that pay attention (with the whole online thingamajig). It does, though come off as cheap by NBC and Mr. Wolf to ask fans to come to their own conclusion rather than revealing one (just like those Wachowskis did with The Matrix Revolutions).

Edited by Ringmaster

Though really it wasn't the storyline itself, just odd coincidental things similar to TROA.

Did he get her drunk, then puke on her? That would have been way too obvious.

I guess it's because Sossamon's been typecast as "girl with issues". Sex with teacher in TROA, troubled artist in The Order, crazy sugar addict in Wholley Moses, and just generally creepy looking in the clip for that awful Korn song.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt