Slipknot: Vol.3 (The Subliminal Vereses)

Rukki

Btw, all of you Hot Topic shoppers will have a good shot at collecting a special vinyl single of "Duality" that features "Don't Get Close" as the b-side. Only abut 13,000-15,000 of these are getting released, and most will be featured over at Hot Topic.

They'll be hitting HT shelves today, along with the CD.

Hmm... Didn't Disturbed and Godsmack have new albums coming out this year?

Someone listens to Nightwish outside of Finland? Day-hamn.

And for the record, Duality blows fucking nuts. As does Slipknot. But Duality... aaargh. The song sucks so much I think I'll have to come up with new ways for it to suck ass. I mean, the song is just there. Oh, there goes a solo, boo-fucking-hoo. And now he's singing, oh great. And there's the drums, yippee-kay-yay. What do people see in this song?

Edited by Bushmeister

Hmm... Didn't Disturbed and Godsmack have new albums coming out this year?

Someone listens to Nightwish outside of Finland? Day-hamn.

And for the record, Duality blows fucking nuts. As does Slipknot. But Duality... aaargh. The song sucks so much I think I'll have to come up with new ways for it to suck ass. I mean, the song is just there. Oh, there goes a solo, boo-fucking-hoo. And now he's singing, oh great. And there's the drums, yippee-kay-yay. What do people see in this song?

1. Disturbed's new album -- complete with new bassist John Moyer (formerly of Union Underground) -- is looking at the end of the year or early next year for release.

2. Godsmack is still touring for "The Other Side" and "Faceless".

3. With a song critique like that, I have but one reply. Clearly, new-school Metallica is your only option.

3.  With a song critique like that, I have but one reply.  Clearly, new-school Metallica is your only option.

Nah, I'll stay with Chimaira, Pro-Pain, Lamb Of God and Meshuggah, thankyouverymuch.

Altough, I did dig St. Anger for the very little that I listened to.

Rhapsody, Therion, Nightiwsh, Borknagar, Amon Amarth, Kreator, Behemoth, Sonata Arctica, and Symphony X all have albums coming out this year.  My bet is all of them will be better.  This is an improvement for Slipknot, but it's still rather boring and the shredding solos are average (For shredding solos).

And the Katatonia, Death Angel, Dragonforce, Finntroll, Dark Funeral, Edguy, Kataklysm, Deicide, Vintersorg, My Dying Bride, and Iced Earth (Think that came out this year) are also all on part with or better than this Slipknot.  These already came out, I should clarify that.

Tis a great year to be a metalhead though.

It's the attack of the "real" metal fans!

<_<

Seriously, Death Metal gives me a fucking headache. Those folks need to stop taking themselves so seriously, and fans are included in that.

It's the attack of the "real" metal fans!

<_<

Seriously, Death Metal gives me a fucking headache. Those folks need to stop taking themselves so seriously, and fans are included in that.

Death Metal? Serious?

Have you read interviews with them? They are all about having fun.

Black Metal's serious though... but that's really it.

Seriously, Death Metal gives me a fucking headache

Then don't listen to it? And I don't know the last time a death metal band took themselves seriously, look at Cannibal Corpse :P

Then don't listen to it? And I don't know the last time a death metal band took themselves seriously, look at Cannibal Corpse :P

To be fair, most of the *insert prefix here*-metal bands do have a decent sense of humor. Type O Negative, Cradle Of Filth, etc. aren't afraid to have a little fun, even at their own expense.

However, Beatnik has a point, although it can span to every genre of music, not just *random word here*-metal fans. There are fans of rap, pop, rock, and numerous other forms of music that I'd like to beat within an inch of their life for their narrow-mindedness.

Moving back onto what the actual topic was for...

Vol 3 is a really decent album and shows how Slipknot have matured over the years. The verses are raw and brillant sounding while the chorus' are addictive and memorable. This is without a doubt the best Slipknot album because the sound is just so much better than what they previously had. It would be good if people recognised how talented the band actually are now, it has always been known by Slipknot fans how talented the band actually is and finally it should have been proven to everyone.

Key Songs: Opium of the People, Vermilion, The Nameless

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves