Dungeons & Dragons

PkmnTrainerJ

Away from playing computer games, work and generally lazing around I play Dungeons & Dragons (3rd edition). I have also recently started DMing two small groups (one - my brothers, two - my friends) and am really enjoying doing so.

For those who don't know what it is, it is a fantasy roleplaying board game which uses dice rolls for important factors such as combat.

So, does anyone else play or have played? Also does anybody know where I can get my hands on an adventure template (like the free adventures on the official site) so that I can write up my own adventure.

At the minute the two groups are only at around level 3 and as usually consist of a wierd mix of characters such as halflings and gnomes.

I've played D&D and AD&D (and D&D 3rd edition, which is AD&D with the A dropped). Started playing back in the mid-80's, when I was in middle school.

Just out of curiosity, which setting(s) do you use, or are you DMing your own made-up game world?

I prefer Forgotten Realms for campaigns (my main character is a member of the Harpers), Ravenloft for the occasional one-off adventure.

As for adventure templates....if there's not one for download on the official site, or a product containing the template, then I'd say the only ones that exist would be fan created.

I just use the generic d & d settings, and have recently had both groups play an adventure called 'The Burning Plague' from the official site and am starting to draft a follow-up adventure as I don't want this adventure to be a solo one (there is an actual word, i just can't remember how to spell it).

Eventually I will give my world a name but at the minute I just have two cities and a road. (Duvik's Pass, Quamaar and Quamaar Pass).

Edited by TEWObsession

I play. I've played since I was 12. So 10 years. I've circulated all three editions. i prefer 3rd myself.

The word you're looking for is "stand alone."

I tend to play rogues and/or rangers.

I have very little luck finding people that play that don't annoy the dogshit out of me...so if anyone is interested in possibly throwing together an online group, let me know.

Guest Mr McFarlane

I play. I've played since I was 12. So 10 years. I've circulated all three editions. i prefer 3rd myself.

I have very little luck finding people that play that don't annoy the dogshit out of me...so if anyone is interested in possibly throwing together an online group, let me know.

I'd play with you Cade-y.

I'mma good Fightah ;)

:wub:

Guest Mr McFarlane

I'd play with you Cade-y.

I'mma good Fightah ;)

Guest Bluesman

I used to play as well. I didn't get to play nearly as much as I would have liked (I moved from urban to rural areas), and never was able to play in a party, as I was getting my character built up to "catch up" to other PC's who played with this DM. Even while playing in a solo campaign in was very fun.

My friend came up with a Gothic Fiction D & D campaign. We occasionally play it, but it became a total farce within ten minutes to the point where for six minutes we were trying to buy something from an insane stereotypical Frenchman.

Guest Mr McFarlane

Anything you find could be considered warez,

Though I know there is a legal stripped down version 3e around.

I play online on www.openrpg.com , Well used to. But if we get a EWB game going that's the best proggie.

D & D games do go on for ages because people take three turns or so doing something completley unneccesary such as when I DM'd an adventure called 'Night Of The Vampire' the group took ten turns making stakes...

Wow.....people on this site actually play D&D....and like it, also!!!! Kool!!! But yes, I do play D&D, quite a bit, actually. I'm usually a Barbarian, but, have decided to try out a class we just got introduced onto this world of my DM's; SwordDancers. (if anyone wants an explanation, ask me later)

Anyways, I've always wanted to play online, so, would be up for it. How do you do it.......?

The official D&D website (wizards.com) has online games on their message boards as doe Enworld.org.

I think there was talk of starting one here, but I don't know if it will come to pass.

That's the where, the how is pretty much the same premise as playing at the table, except you post your actions and dialogue instead of speaking it. Plus, the pace of the game is not very fast as it is at the table.