World Championship Wrestling 2001

IDOL

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

the hottest rumors on the net

TWO MORE MATCHES SIGNED FOR THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH!

If you find yourself searching on the WCW.com website, you'll find an interesting bit of information that they have added two more matches to the Great American Bash card. Most likely Hudson and Anderson will announce them on Unleashed this week. Here are the matches that WCW.com has added;

user posted image

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Rey Misterio & Billy Kidman© Vs Kaz Hayashi & Yang w/ Leia Meow

Twice the Jung Dragonz have scored non title victories over the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions. (once over III Count, and once over Misterio and Kidman.) There is no denying that Hayashi and Yang are a well working cohesive unit, the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions however have seemingly been at each other's throats for the past month.Now with the title on the line will the Dragonz be able to take the titles, or will luck once again be on the Filthy animal's side?

user posted image

CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM MATCH

AJ Styles & Air Paris Vs Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore

It was the returning team of AJ Styles and Air Paris that cost Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore the WCW World Cruiserweight Tag Team titles. Air Raid claim that this all started because III Count aren't as cool as the Air Raid. Whichever the case Moore and Karagias will definatly be ready to get their hands on the men that cost them gold, will Air Raid be ready for them?

Edited by Idolized

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

FROM WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WCW UNLEASHED! RESULTS 6/9/01

results sent in by Wrestleboy8601

It's 7:00 pm and the wait is over, this week couldn't have went by any slower as it feels like ages since the last episode of WCW Unleashed hit the Air Waves, never the less here we are again, the opening video plays and the pyros explode on stage ushering in the next chapter in the ongoing saga that is World Championship Wrestling. Anderson and Hudson are at ringside ready and waiting, here's what they had to say;

SCOTT HUDSON: "We are two weeks away from the two nation Pay Per View extravaganza known as the Great american Bash, hello everyone Scott Hudson here alongside as always; the enforcer Arn Anderson and thank you for joining us here tonight on WCW Unleashed. Last week we learned that in the Toronto Main event at the Great American Bash it will be Booker T, Mike Awesome and Rob Van Dam taking on the World Heavyweight champion Val Venis, Lance Storm and Elix Skipper! What a barn burner that one will certainly be, and Arn will we find out Albany's Main event tonight?"

ARN ANDERSON: "We very well could Scott, you never know with Shane McMahon. But I do know one thing, we have a heck of a show lined up here tonight."

SCOTT HUDSON: "The United States Champion Buff Bagwell is in action tonight as he gets set to face fromer Cruiserweight Tag team Champion Kid Romeo, we expect to hear from the World tag Team Champions, and a HUGE Match has been signed tonight as well."

ARN ANDERSON: "That's right it's huge, Rob Van Dam going one on one with Lance Storm of Team Canada, it was a couple weeks ago that Rob Van Dam was attacked in the backstage area recieving a concussion that kept him out for a few weeks, Team Canada may very well have been the blame and RVD is looking for revenge tonight."

SCOTT HUDSON: "Ugh... folks, just one second, I'm recieving that a camera crew is being sent to the back as we speak."

When the camera crew does finally pick things up, Jeff Jarrett and Debra are in Shane McMahon's office, Double J is pouning his fist on the WCW owners desk.

JEFF JARRETT: "Oh come on McMahon, you know damn well I should have beaten his old increpit ass at Slamboree, and sent him out of this company for good. I'm the Chosen One damn it, I'm the one with all the stroke around here, and I'm not asking you.... I'm telling you! Give me Dallas Page's ass in that ring here tonight!"

SHANE MCMAHON: "YOU've got all the stroke around here? I don't think so Jeff, no I've got all the stroke around here! And if memory serves me correctly, DDP pinned your ass at Slamboree hands down and no questions asked, hell he even gave you that little hair cut."

McMahon laughs but Jarrett doesn't seem to think that his comments were so funny.

SHANE MCMAHON: "So I'll tell you what Jeff, if you're in such a big hurry to have DDP hand you another loss I'll sign the match, tonight it will be Jeff Jarrett going one on one with Diamond Dallas Page! NOw get the hell out of my office, the both of you."

With that Jarrett and Debra both leave McMahon's office and Unleashed returns to the arena. (86)

SINGLES CONTEST

Hugh Morrus vs Ernest 'The Cat' Miller

Ernest Miller, under the Russo/ Bischoff regime was one of WCW's brightest stars, and most charismatic on air personalities. Boy how things have changed since Shane McMahon has taken over, now Miller seems like he couldn't catch a break if it was an inch in front of him, and his mic time is about none. Morrus comes to the ring without his usual grin and fun guy antics, the bell rings and Hugh immeadiatly uses his strength to his advantage powering into a collar and elbow tie up. Head Bunt to the face of 'the Cat' and Miller stumbles backwards, Morrus Military Presses him overhead and drops him down to the mat. Stomping to the ropes in insane fashion Morrus drops the leg on the neck of his opponent, cover for two. Miller eventually gets things going offensively for him when Morrus comes storming into the corner only to get a hard karate kick to the juggular! Miller works over Morrus on the mat as the match progresses.

THE FINISH: Morrus, in Hulk Hogan Fashion shrugs off heavy blows to the head from Miller, then starts hulking up, block of the punch, and Morrus delivers the scoop slam, Singlet straps come down and Morrus goes to the top rope. NO LAUGHING MATTER! Hook of the leg and this one is over. Morrus isn't done though and he contunies to stomp on the Cat even after the match is over, Morrus looks into the camera and shouts "WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?"

WINNER(S): @ 5:11 Hugh Morrus!

NOTES: Not really sure what that was all about, could WCW actually be serious with a long overdue push of Morrus? Not really a great match by any means, a big man squash actually.

RATING: *1\2 rating (58)

When the show returns from commercial break highlights of Juventud Guerrera's in ring performances are being show in a pre packaged video grunged with the mexican flag colors. The package ends asking "Can you handle the Juice?" and "He returns at the Great American Bash." (66)

Back in the arena "Natural Born Thriller" has taken over the public address marking the arrival of the WCW World Tag Team Champions. Sure enough Palumbo and O'Haire come out from the back dressed for competition and the World Tag Team Titles are slung over their shoulders. Once in the ring Palumbo grabs a microphone and it looks like the Tag champions are going to speak!

CHUCK PALUMBO: "For weeks now, we've asked WCW to give us some competition. We begged, we pleaded, hell we even sent out an open challenge to any team that we haven't faced before."

SEAN O'HAIRE: "And still we came out on top. The conclusion is simple, Palumbo and O'Haire simply don't have any competition."

CHUCK PALUMBO: "So, since we know damn well no one can beat us how about we put the titles on the line right here, and right now to any team that's just dyin' to get beaten by the World Tag Team Champions."

Another open challenge by the cocky Champions, wonder who will accept? A hard rock sound comes over the Public Address, and then out from behind the curtain come the two men that answered the Champions' last challenge, Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore, these two nearly defeated the Tag Champs in their last match, Palumbo and O'Haire don't seem to like that they've decided to take up this challenge.

WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo© vs Rob Conway & Nick Dinsmore

The new guys come running into the ring full speed but O'Haire and Palumbo are ready both sets of partners are firing closed fists at each other. O'Haire has Dinsmore reeling against the ropes, and brings him to the outside of the ring with a clothesline. The big man goes for some air and brings Dinsmore back down to the floor with a plancha over the top rope. In the ring Conway and Palumbo have been going at it, Rob blocks a right hand a whips Palumbo into the ropes. Hard back elbow to the face and Palumbo stumbles backward, not enough to take the big man down. Conway peppers Palumbo with some more shots to the face, by this time Dinsmore and O'Haire have returned to their corners. Arm wring and a tag to Nick Dinsmore. He climbs to the top rope while Conway keeps the wringer applied and Dinsmore comes crashing down with an axe handle smash! Palumbo crumbles to the mat, and Dinsmore hooks the leg, 1, 2.... O'Haire breaks the count. Sean shrugs off the referee and grabs Dinsmore before whipping him shoulder first into the turnbuckle! The crowd boo the heelish antics, but O'Haire has bought his partner time to to regroup and make the tag.

THE FINISH:Palumbo does make the tag and Sean O'Haire comes in like a mad man. He smashes quick clotheslines to Dinsmore, then lifts him up into military press poition, but Conway helps his partner and delivers a dropkick to the back of Sean O'Haire. Dinsmore falls to the mat with O'Haire on the way down, in Chris Benoit fashion he catches Sean O'Haire in the Crippler Crossface on the way down. O'Haire is in trouble and he knows it the crowd is going wild as O'Haire contemplates tapping out. Palumbo has jumped on the outside and grabbed the Tag Titles. He reaches in an pulls O'Haire out of the ring. Palumbo hands him his tag title, and the Champions head to the back! The referee reaches a ten count, and this one is over. Dinsmore and Conway have defeated the Tag Team Champions!

WINNER(S): @ 7:12 Rob Conway & Nick Dinsmore!

NOTES: Wow, it looks like the Champions have found their challenge, Conway and Dinsmore looked good in this one with O'Haire and Palumbo playing heel to full effect, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a rematch at the GAB.

RATING: *** (70)

Before Unleashed goes to a commercial break we are treated to another handy video package from the WCW media team. This time it's a buildup of the going ons between Rey junior and Kidman as well as the Jung Dragonz path to their title Match with Billy and Rey at the Great American Bash. (56)

"BUFF....DADDAY!" With those words The WCW United States Champion's entrance is marked. Bagwell comes out to a nice pop from the crowd, and the US Title over his shoulder. He gets into the ring and the ring announcer hands him a microphone.

BUFF BAGWELL: "WHAT'S UP CINNNNNNCINNNNATTTTTTIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!??"

Cheap pop, cheap pop. The crowd eats it up.

BUFF BAGWELL: "In about 30 seconds here some dude Kid Homo, oops Kid Romeo haha! is gonna come down to this ring and try to go with the United States Champion. Well, after I show him why I'm Buff and I'm the Stuff, it's off to Albany where I show Shawn Stasiak that he ain't Buff, and he ain't the stuff!"

Bagwell tosses the microphone back to the ring announcer, and Kid Romeo comes out. Something tells me that he won't be getting much offense in this match.

NON TITLE SINGLES CONTEST

Kid Romeo vs Buff Bagwell

Romeo gets in the ring, and after Bagwell hands the referee the United States Championship they begin to circle around each other. They tie up, and Romeo shrugs off Bagwell's grip. Kick to the gut by the United States Champion, and Bagwell whips the former Cruiserweight Tag team Champion into the ropes.... powerslam from Buff, and the ring literally shakes. Buff gets right back up to his feet and scoops up Romeo slamming him down to the mat once again with force. He repels into the ropes and comes back dropping the elbow. Buff plays to the crowd and laughs it off as he's not even sweating. Piledriver by Bagwell, and Romeo is set up for the finish.

THE FINISH: Buff Bagwell has Kid Romeo down on the canvas and is ascending the corner to the second rung of the turnbuckle. Buff Blockbuster!!! 1....2....3!! and this one is methodically over.

WINNER(S): @ 3:11 Buff Bagwell!

NOTES: Squash match

RATING: * (60)

Buff is handed his United States Title but before he can do any celebrating he is blindsided from behind. Shawn Stasiak comes running and Shawn Stasiak and spins Buff around. Hard shots to the face, and Buff is caught off guard. Stasiak clotheslines him down to the mat, and grabs the United States Championship. He stalks Bagwell and when the Champion gets to his feet Stasiak blasts him with his own title belt! Stasiak stands over Bagwell's body holding up the United states Title, this could very well be what we could see at the Great American Bash in two weeks!

Rob Van Dam is backstage with the Georgous Pamela Paulshock, he doesn't have his usual laid back expression, instead he looks really ready and focused.

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "Folks I am standing by with Rob Van Dam who will go head to head with Lance storm in just a few moments. Rob I have to ask you, what are your thoughts going into this one?"

ROB VAN DAM: "You wanna know my thoughts Pam? Well it's like"......

No sooner than RVD begin to speak, Lance Storm blindsided him from behind, knocking him down to the concrete floor. Storm doesn't stop there, and it looks like their match will begin now as we go to commercial! Why now!? (65)

SINGLES CONTEST

Rob Van Dam vs Lance Storm

We come back from commercial break and RVD and Storm are still going at it, they've some how managed to make their way out to the side of the entrance ramp. Storm has RVD against the barricade chopping his chest with stinging knife edge chops. Storm backs up and goes to charge at his opponent, but Van Dam moves and Storm's knee meets the hard steel. RVD hooks Storm up and slams him midsection first on the top of the barricade, leaving him hanging. Mr. PPV then hops onto the entrance ramp and does the "R-V-D" pose, to a loud pop. Then Van Dam leaps off and connects with a spin kick on the back of Storm that exites the crowd. More fists and kicks from Van Dam as he walks Storm over and rolls him onto the entrance ramp. Storm catches Van Dam with an elbow to the midsectionand whips him into the side of the ring. Knee to the midsection and Storm rolls his opponent and former ECW alumni into the ring. Storm slides in and hooks the leg for the quick cover but only gets two. Storm applies a modified headlock on Rob Van Dam, but RVD pushes out of it after getting the crowd behind him and whips Storm into the ropes. Storm runs full speed only to recieve a massive spinning kick to the jaw! Storm drops to the mat and RVD rolls out onto the apron, then springboards with a legdrop on Lance Storm. Cover for a two count. RVD looks around at the crowd, then runs the ropes and goes for the Rolling Thunder, Storm gets his knees up and Van Dam crashes back first into his knees! Storm gets up and without a second thought applies the Canadian Maple Leaf! RVD tried not to get turned but Storm clenches the hold tightly. RVD is in horrid pain now and is in the center of the ring! He shows his resiliency and pushes his body off the ground, Van Dam one arm at a time attempts to make it to the ropes. He's about inches from them and he considers tapping, then tells the referee no. Finally Van Dam grabs the ropes and Storm is forced to release the punishing hold. Storm is pissed as Van Dam rolls out of the ring. Storm follows suit and goes to whip Van Dam into the steps, he counters and it is the Candian who goes knee first into the unforgiving steel, Now WCW decides to take another commercial break.

We come back to find Lance Storm and RVD both lying on the mat and referee Nick Patrick making the ten count. RVD gets up and goes to the top rope. He measures up Storm and leaps, FROG SPLASH...... NO!! STORM ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY! RVD hits hard and Storm rolls him up. 1, 2, ........2.9999999999999!!! That was close! Storm is frustrated and he lifts RVD back to his feet, then delivers a hard back suplex.

THE FINISH:Cover and RVD kicks out again. Storm lifts him up and whips him into the corner. Rob Van Dam avoids a Lance Storm avalanche and the two competitors end up in the corner beating away at each other. The referee tries to break them up, but RVD pushes him away. The ref tries again, and this time Storm is the one to shove the referee away...and with that a double DQ decision is what we get from the referee!

WINNER(S): No Contest @ 13:11

NOTES: Could very well have been a five star match if not for the finish

RATING: ****1\4 (83)

I don't think the fight has finished. Rob Van Dam and Storm have begun brawling again! No open hand hits here, it's all closed fists. Soon Skipper and Venis hit the ring, as well as Mike Awesome and Booker T to even the score. We go to commercial with the entire ring in chaos and WCW officials trying to get things back in order.

When Unleashed comes back we get another video package, this one focuses on the ongoing feud for the Cruiserweight Title between Shane Helms, Chavo Guerrero and Jamie Knoble. Some good highlights on this ongoing rivalry, including Knoble's surprise victory over Shane Helms a few weeks ago. (68)

Jeff Jarrett and Debra are shown walking toward the ring in the backstage area when we return, then we go back to the arena where Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson discuss this blood driven feud going on between DDP and Jeff Jarrett.

MAIN EVENT SINGLES CONTEST

Diamond Dallas Page vs Jeff Jarrett w/ Debra

DDP gets a huge ovation upon his entrance, but Debra's almost matches his. They start off with a staredown and DDP is getting trash talked by the Chosen One. They tie up and Jarrett applies a head lock which Page quickly reverses with a back body drop. He lifts Jarrett up and gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Jarrett. Jeff drives a forearm into the chest of DDP and begins to work him over with some headlock. Jarrett finally gets him up, vertical suplex by Jeff Jarrett. After a few more arm holds Jarrett lifts Page back up and DDP backdrops Jeff Jarrett out of a piledriver attempt. They battle back and fourth with right hand shots, Jarrett blocks a kick from Diamond Dallas Page and spins him around, in typical DDP fashion he latches onto the head and goes for a Diamond Cutter. Jeff blocks and whips him into the corner. After moments of struggling, Jarrett is finally able to hit a massive Superplex that levels both men!

THE FINISH: Jarrett lies in the corner, and DDP seems out of it as he lies on the mat. Debra grabs the guiter and slides it to Jeff who is hiding it from Charles Robinson the referee. Debra the goes around the ring and jumps on the apron to distract the referee. The distratction works and when DDP gets to his feet, Jarrett smashes the acoustic equalizer over Page's head. Jeff kicks the debris out of the ring and makes the cover as Debra hops off the apron, 1, 2, 3! He's finally beaten Page.

WINNER(S): @ 9:34 Jeff Jarrett!

NOTES:The brawl and catch as catch can match we expect out of these two when they're in the ring, typical Jarrett ending, but Debra provides an effective aspect at ringside, and Double J looks very good once again.

RATING: **1\2 (71)

Jeff Jarrett and Debra are looking quite happy as they go to the entrance ramp, but their celebration is cut short when Shane McMahon shows up on the Jumbo Tron. (80)

SHANE MCMAHON: "Woah, woah woah Jeff! What was that? You're not actually going to call that a win are you? I mean come on Jeff you had to use a weapon to defeat DDP?"

JEFF JARRETT: "I won, that's all that matters to me."

SHANE MCMAHON: "Ah, I see how it is Jeff. Well then if it's weapons that you want to play with, and if it's weapons that you want to aid you in your matches then you're going to love what's in store for you at the Great American Bash. You see Jeff in the Albany Main Event it will be DDP going one on one with Jeff Jarrett in a Last Man Standing Match!"

The announcers dramatize the announcement selling it for all it's worth and Jeff Jarrett looks a little worried as the show goes off the air.

Overall Show Rating: 70%

Television Rating: 5.24

Attendance: 3508

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

the hottest rumors on the net!

ROUNDING UP THOSE IN LIMBO

The following is a compiled list of all those workers who either wouldn't accept a buyout on their AOL/ Time Warner or whose contracts weren't picked up when Shane McMahon purchased WCW earlier this year.

RIC FLAIR

The former Sixteen time World Heavyweight Champion currently has three months left on his AOL/ Time Warner contract. Flair was noted on the last episode of Nitro as being very patriotic and full of pride for what the company had done up until that point. Many feel that it is likely the Nature Boy will return to the company in the future.

SHANE DOUGLAS

The Franchise has twenty months left on his contract with AOL/ Time Warner, Douglas drew alot of heat in his career at the McMahon's expense. It doesn't matter if it is Shane that owns WCW he's a McMahon and it isn't likely we'll ever see douglas back in the promotion.

STING

The man who was the true Franchise of the WCW currently has twenty-two months left on his contract, but has gone on the record saying that he is likely to accept a buyout for his contract. This doesn't necissarily mean that he will return to WCW as he has also said he is enjoying the extra time being spent with family.

LEX LUGER

The Total Package has twenty five months remaining on his deal, Luger has been quoted saying that he wants to make a return to the WWF at some point. It's not likely that McMahon is interested in Luger's heavy price as the current WWF roster has stars like Steve Austin, Triple H, Kurt Angle and the Rock already filling Main event spots.

BILL GOLDBERG

'Da Man' has twenty two months left on his contract from recent reports. Goldberg was often criticized as being a football player first and foremost and a wrestler second. His heart truly isn't in the game for the right reason, but there's no doubt that Goldberg on the WCW roster would add some huge star power, and Shane O'Mac would most likely not mind paying the price.

KEVIN NASH

'Big Sexy' has over a year left on his deal with eighteen months in total. In the new WCW where youth and innovation is becomming the theme Nash would stick out like a sore thumb. Plus Nash likes to go where the money is, and with getting money for sitting at home, he isn't likely to get off the couch any time soon.

SID VICIOUS

Still recovering from a horrid in ring accident earlier last year vicious has Five months remaining on his deal. From doctor reports, it isn't likely that Vicious will return to the ring in the near future if ever. It's not likely he'll take a buyout from his contract as it would be considerably less than what he'd make waiting the five months.

Edited by Idolized

user posted image

WCW Presents: the Great American Bash

June 24, 2001 live from Toronto Ontario & Albany New York

user posted image

SIX MAN TAG TEAM ELIMINATION MATCH

Booker T, Rob Van Dam & Mike Awesome Vs Val Venis, Lance Storm & Elix Skipper

Six of World Championship Wrestling's brightest stars collide in an epic battle that won't be forgotten for some time to come. With the World Champion Val Venis joining the ranks, Team Canada looks to be the dominant force in the industry today, but RVD, Booker T and Mike Awesome look to prove otherwise. This one has been seemingly months in the making. Which team will be the last standing?

user posted image

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Jeff Jarrett w/Debra Vs Diamond Dallas Page

Maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's just flat out hatred, but Jeff Jarrett and Diamond Dallas Page flat out despise each other. It was Page who walked away with the victory at Slamboree saving his career, and shaving Jeff Jarrett bald, but this match looks to be twice as deadly. With his 'business partner' in his corner the Chosen One looks to be the Last Man Standing, but will DDP have the Ace up his sleeve once again?

user posted image

TAG TEAM MATCH

It was the returning team of AJ Styles and Air Paris that cost Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore the WCW World Cruiserweight Tag Team titles. Air Raid claim that this all started because III Count aren't as cool as the Air Raid. Whichever the case Moore and Karagias will definatly be ready to get their hands on the men that cost them gold, will Air Raid be ready for them?

user posted image

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

Buff Bagwell Vs Shawn Stasiak w/Stacy

It was Buff Bagwell that walked out of the Six Pack Challenge at Slamboree with the US Title around his waist, Shawn Stasiak just couldn't accept the fact that it wasn't him that walked away with the second most prestigeous title in the company. After defeating Billy Kidman in a tournament final Stasiak has secured his shot, and the Mecca of Manliness has made Bagwell's life a living hell ever since. With the lovely but devious Stacy Keibler in his corner does the Mecca have the edge on the Stuff?

user posted image

WCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Rob Conway & Nick Dinsmore Vs Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire

The Tag Team Champions Palumbo and O'Haire claimed that they had no competition in World Championship Wrestling, even going as far as to challenge any team in the world that they had not faced to come and get some. The young team of Rob Conway & Nick Dinsmore answered the challenge twice and both times looked impressive. Now in a match sanctioned by Shane McMahon himself, the World Tag Team Titles are on the line. Have Palumbo and O'Haire's loud mouthed antics finally caught up to them, and will we see the crowning of new World Tag team Champions at the Great American Bash?

user posted image

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Three Way Dance

"Sugar" Shane Helms© Vs Chavo Guerrero Vs Jamie Noble

They're calling him the evolution of the Cruiserweight division, but shane Helm's title reign may become extinct on June 24th. The challengers, Jamie Knoble and Chavo Guerrero have made a pact.... to make sure that it's not Helms that leaves with the title. This may very well be the biggest challenge of Helms' title reign, can the Champion rise to the occasion again?

user posted image

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Filthy Animals© Vs Jung Dragons w/ Leia Meow

Twice the Jung Dragonz have scored non title victories over the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions. (once over III Count, and once over Misterio and Kidman.) There is no denying that Hayashi and Yang are a well working cohesive unit, the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions however have seemingly been at each other's throats for the past month.Now with the title on the line will the Dragonz be able to take the titles, or will luck once again be on the Filthy animal's side?

***Plus the in ring return of Juventud Guerrera to WCW!

----------------------------

***Predictions can begin now, More matches may be added at a later date

TYE BREAKERS:

1.)Who will be the remaining person(s) left in the Six Man Tag Team Elimination Match?

2.) Who will score the pinfall in the World Tag Team Title Match?

3.) Will Kidman finally turn on Rey?

4.) Who will be Juventud Guerrera's opponent? (hint: He's not already booked)

5.) Will we see any surprise returns/ debuts at the Great American Bash?

Winner will recieve a free sig banner made by me of anything they'd like. Yes I'm not above bribery to get some predictions :)

Guest MrBenjamin

Booker T, Rob Van Dam & Mike Awesome Vs Val enis, Lance Storm & Elix Skipper

Winner:: Rob Van Dam...Booker T...Mike Awesome...

Jeff Jarrett vs DDP

Jeff Jarrett

Styles & Air

Buff Bagwell vs Shawn Stasiak

Shawn Stasiak

Dinsmore & Conway vs O'Haire & Palumbo

O'Haire & Palumbo

"Sugar" Shane Helms© Vs Chavo Guerrero Vs Jamie Noble

Jamie Knoble

Filthy Animals© Vs Jung Dragons w/ Leia Meow

Jung Dragons

Kidman will probably turn on Rey Mysterio...

Goldberg would probably return....

Edited by MrBenjamin

Booker T\Mike Awesome\Rob Van Dam -v- Team Canada

This is a tough one. For Team Canada to lose on home soil, it would suck. But Venis owes Booker T a job.

Diamond Dallas Page -v- Jeff Jarrett

III Count -v- Air Raid

Buff Bagwell -v- Shawn Stasiak

Nick Dinsmore\Rob Conway -v- Palumbo & O'Haire

Chavo Guerrero, Jr. -v- Jamie Knoble -v- Shane Helms

Filthy Animals -v- Jung Dragons

1.)Who will be the remaining person(s) left in the Six Man Tag Team Elimination Match? Booker T.

2.) Who will score the pinfall in the World Tag Team Title Match? O'Haire

3.) Will Kidman finally turn on Rey? Yes

4.) Who will be Juventud Guerrera's opponent? (hint: He's not already booked) Elix Skipper

5.) Will we see any surprise returns/ debuts at the Great American Bash? Yes

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WRESTLING-HEAT EXCLUSIVE: WCW RELEASES KRONIK!

The following was from WCW.com;

WCW regrets to inform its fan base that earlier today World Championship  Wrestling parted ways with Kronik, Brian Adams & Bryan Clarke. Creative  differences between the two parties led to a severing of the relationship.  World Championship Wrestling wishes them the best of luck in future  endeavors.

Many insider sources say that Shane McMahon had big plans for the Tag Team up until their match with Palumbo and O'Haire at Slamboree where they continuously messed up spots and worked very stiff. It's not likely that the two will be signed by the WWF, but they could still have a good tour of the orient.

In other news WCW has sent both Mike Sanders and Mark Jindrak down to Level One Wrestling for a while. WCW creative just really didn't have anything for Jindrak at this time, but see potential in him in the future, Sanders though good on the microphone has been sent to sharpen his skills in the ring. Many internet reports were suggesting that WCW were thinking about releasing Sanders but his many friends in the company persuaded them otherwise. More on this as it comes.

The set up for a 4-Way between Booker, Awesome, RVD and Val.[

III Count -v- Air Raid

1.)Who will be the remaining person(s) left in the Six Man Tag Team Elimination Match? Rob Van Dam.

2.) Who will score the pinfall in the World Tag Team Title Match? Conway

3.) Will Kidman finally turn on Rey? No

4.) Who will be Juventud Guerrera's opponent? (hint: He's not already booked) Super Crazy :shifty:

5.) Will we see any surprise returns/ debuts at the Great American Bash? Yes

A few things on an otherwise fine diary:

-Hugh Morrus was pushed at the end of 2000 and the beginning of 2001 as he held the US Title and feuded with Lance Storm for a long ass time. He actually had his fair share of fans as well, myself included. I'm hoping the jobbing out stops now, and you give him some sort of push from here on out.

-Sanders may not be the world's best wrestler, really just quite average, but he is gold on the mic. I'd love to see him rturn in a managerial role if nothing else is gonna come for him. It's better than being stuck in LOW.

-Is Elix really from Canada, cuz I seem to think he's not. Instead of keeping him in this stable, where he doesn't fit, I'd love to see the reunion of he and Kid Romeo, who really captivated myself and many other WCW fans in its dieing days as a stellar Tag Team. They could do wonders for your otherwise dead Cruiserweight Tag Team Division.

-Jason Jett. Use him. That is all.

Good luck with this, I like it thus far.

TRC

Hugh Morrus was pushed at the end of 2000 and the beginning of 2001 as he held the US Title and feuded with Lance Storm for a long ass time. He actually had his fair share of fans as well, myself included. I'm hoping the jobbing out stops now, and you give him some sort of push from here on out.

I realize this, and I realized how much I was actually jobbing him out, that's why I have a little something in store for him now, it will all play out soon enough.

-Sanders may not be the world's best wrestler, really just quite average, but he is gold on the mic. I'd love to see him rturn in a managerial role if nothing else is gonna come for him. It's better than being stuck in LOW.

I was thinking the very same thing actually, I just missed WCW at the time that Sanders was really making his impact. I'm currently in the midst of finding some of his stuff so that I don't portray him incorrectly, that's the only reason he's in LOW right now.

Is Elix really from Canada, cuz I seem to think he's not. Instead of keeping him in this stable, where he doesn't fit, I'd love to see the reunion of he and Kid Romeo, who really captivated myself and many other WCW fans in its dieing days as a stellar Tag Team. They could do wonders for your otherwise dead Cruiserweight Tag Team Division.

Skipper isn't truly Canadian but WCW wanted people to believe he was, as for Skipper I have plans for him that will play out soon enough just keep reading.

-Jason Jett. Use him. That is all.

Don't worry I intend to use most of the guys in LOW at somepoint, Jett will be one of the first to get the call up. Thanks for the feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Booker T, to keep his feud going.

Double J gets the win by some evil means.

III Count -v- Air Raid

Air Raid. No idea why.

Buff, it's too soon for him to lose the gold.

Palumbo & O'Haire. Conway & Dinsmore are still too new to get the gold.

Helms, but if he loses I see him moving onto a bigger feud.

The Animals. The turn can wait.

1.)Who will be the remaining person(s) left in the Six Man Tag Team Elimination Match?

Booker T

2.) Who will score the pinfall in the World Tag Team Title Match?

Palumbo

3.) Will Kidman finally turn on Rey?

No. I think Rey will turn actually.

4.) Who will be Juventud Guerrera's opponent?

Lash "Why do I keep jobbing" Laroux.

5.) Will we see any surprise returns/ debuts at the Great American Bash?

Yes.

• 1 month later...

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WCW.Com had the following on their site earlier today...

WCW UnLeashed! Preview

World Championship Wrestling is well on the road to the Great American Bash, this week stopping off in Allentown Pennsylvania for another episode of WCW Unleashed! Last week we witnessed the first chapter in Shane McMahon's "scenario" matches in regards to the Six Man Elimination Match at the Great American Bash when Booker T and Mike Awesome defeated WCW Heavyweight Champion Val Venis in a Handicap Match. This week it's phase two as Booker T, Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome team up to take on Elix Skipper and Lance Storm in another handicap matchup this is one matchup you won't want to miss.

On last week's episode of Unleashed we also were informed that Diamond Dallas Page and Jeff Jarrett will meet in the ring at GAB in the Albany Main Event in a brutal Last Man Standing Match, both Jarrett and Page are expected to be in the arena this week.

Buff Bagwell will team up with WCW newcomers Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore to take on the "Mecca" Shawn Stasiak and the WCW World Tag Team Champions Palumbo & O'Haire, The United States hampion and Stasiak have been at each others throats for the past month, and Conway & Dinsmore have taken the Tag Team Champions to their limit. This will be an awesome preview for GAB as O'Haire & Palumbo will put the Tag title on the line against Conway & Dinsmore, and Bagwell defends the US Title against Stasiak at the Pay Per View.

Plus Cruiserweight Champion 'Sugar' Shane Helms will be in action and tons more, don't miss another exciting edition of WCW Unleashed this Saturday!

Confirmed Matches:

*Buff Bagwell, Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway versus Shawn Stasiak, Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo

*Mike Awesome, Rob Van Dam & Booker T versus Lance Storm & Elix Skipper

*Shane Helms versus Kid Romeo

user posted image

FROM WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WCW UNLEASHED! RESULTS 6/16/01

results sent in by Wrestleboy8601

Wow, it feels like it has been ages since Unleashed hit the air  waves, hard to believe it's only been one week! With just two  Unleashed!'s remaining before the Great American Bash how will the  company continue to build hype for the event, we're about to find  out! Anderson and Hudson were both wearing black gold style  t-shirts with the WCW loho on them, here's what they had to say;

SCOTT HUDSON: "Seven Days are all that seperate us from one of  the biggest shows of the year, of course I'm talking about the Great  American Bash! Hello everyone, alongside the 'Enforcer' Arn  Anderson I'm Scott Hudson and welcome to another edition of WCW  Unleashed!

ARN ANDERSON: "In tonight's Main Event, part two of Shane  McMahon's Great American Bash "Scenario" matches will take place  as Rob Van Dam, Booker T and Mike Awesome team up to take on  Team Canada's Elix Skipper and Lance Storm."

SCOTT HUDSON: "It's what we could see at the Great American  Bash Main Event should Val Venis be eliminated first from the Six  Man Tag team Elimination Match, the Toronto Main Event!"

ARN ANDERSON: That's not all Scott, tonight we will see the WCW  Cruiserweight Champion Shane Helms in action, and right now I really  like our first match of the evening."

SCOTT HUDSON: "It's six man tag-team action, lets head to the  ring!"

Buff Bagwell (United States Champion), Rob Conway, and Nick  Dinsmore versus Shawn Stasiak (w/Stacy Keibler), Sean O'Haire and  Chuck Palumbo (Tag Team Champions)

Bagwell's music played, and the United States Champion came out  to the top of the ramp doing his usual pose and pyro display, the  smoke cleared and Conway & Dinsmore stepped out. Bagwell slapped  hands with his partners for the evening and they headed to the ring.  Stasiak and Stacy were next, then the Tag Champions using their  own entrance music. The bell rang once both teams were situated,  and Rob Conway started things off with Chuck Palumbo. A collar and  elbow tie up ensued, Palumbo applied a hammerlock. The swift  Conway quickly countered with a hammerlock of his own but  Palumbo reached out and grabbed the top rope. The referee called  for the break and Palumbo kicked out the knee of Conway.

Chuck sent him into the ropes and landed a reverse back elbow,  than applied an arm wringer and worked on his opponent for the  next few moments. Palumbo made the tag O'Haire and the Tag  Champions did their best to keep him segregated from his partners,  O'Haire's power game quickly wore out Conway, and after a  powerslam O'Haire recieved a two count. Conway tried to tag out  but instead got planted with a scoop slam, and O'Haire went to the  top.. the big man lifted off but crashed and burned with the Seanton  Bomb as Conway rolled out of the way. Tag to Dinsmore and he came in like a house of fire, knocking O'Haire down with a hard right  hand, and Chuck Palumbo and Stasiak as well as they tried to get  into the mix. Dinsmore landed a beautiful bridging Full Nelson Suplex  on O'Haire, 1, 2.... Palumbo broke the count at the last second, and nailed a Pump Handel Suplex on Dinsmore!

Both men were down in the ring, Bagwell and Conway began  stomping and pounding on the apron to get the fans behind them, it  worked and the crowd became very loud, Dinsmore finally reached  over and tagged out to Buff Bagwell! Bagwell stepped through the  ropes at about the time Stasiak reached in and tagged O'Haire, the  two men that will fight for the United States Title stared eye to eye  in the center of the ring, then Stasiak turned back slightly and  brought his fist up to the face of Bagwell! Bagwell blocked the right  hand, and nailed some of his own getting Stasiak reeling. Powerslam  by Bagwell, and Buff called for the Blockbuster. O'Haire & Palumbo didn't take too kindly to that and they ran into the ring nailing Bawell  with stiff shots, Conway and Dinsmore ran in as well, the ref was  having a hard time regaining order as Stacy handed the United States Title to Shawn Stasiak. Finally Palumbo and O'Haire rolled out of the ring and Conway and Dinsmore followed after them.

THE FINISH: With the referee still watching on at the happenings outside the ring, Sasiak stalked Bagwell and when the United States champion turned to face he was blasted in the face with his own  championship title! Stasiak layed the belt on the mat, then lifted  Bagwell up and landed a jumping piledriver on the title! Stasiak tossed the title to Stacy and hooked the leg as the referee finally  turned his attention to where it counted, 1, 2, 3!

WINNER(S): @ 9:51 Shawn Stasiak, Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo!

AFTERMATH: Stasiak rolled out of the ring and the referee followed  raising his arm as Stacy caught up with him, she seemed very happy. Dinsmore, Ohaire Conway and Palumbo still weren't finished  beating the hell out of each other as the show went to commercial  break.

NOTES: Stasiak is becomming more and more over as a legitamate  threat in WCW, and Stacy gives the overall package a nice touch. Things still aren't settled between Dinsmore & Conway and O'Haire &  Palumbo, and I doubt they will be by next Sunday either.

RATING: 63%-57%-70%

When the show returned from commercial break we were taken into  the locker-room of Team Canada, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Val Venis was standing up with the Title over his shoulder  pacing back and fourth as both Elix Skipper and Lance Storm sat on  the bench.

VAL VENIS: "Three on Two! Three on Two! That's Shane McMahon's  big plan tonight, put the two of you in a handicap match against  Awesome, Van Dam and Booker T."

LANCE STORM: "It's the typical American in him, he realizes that the  Canadian Athlete is by far more superior than any American they can  put on the block, so instead of fair competition he must book the greatest athletes in WCW today in matches in which they are  outnumbered."

ELIX SKIPPER: "Hell yeah, like last week when you faced Booker T  and Mike Awesome, hell we wanted to even the numbers up but we were "banned" from ringside, what's up with that?"

Venis was still pacing the room and looked like he was seriously thinking about something.

VAL VENIS: "But little does Shane McMahon realize, not only are we the best athletes in WCW today, but we're also the smartest. You  boys just go out there and do your thing, the Big Valbowski has a  little plan for tonight, and Shane McMahon's little "Scenario" will prove to be defective. huh huh ha!"

With that Storm and Skipper looked at each other while Venis  continued to laugh and the show went back to the arena.

//EWR RATING: 71%

SCOTT HUDSON: "Welcome back fans, and Arn you have to wonder,  what was the Champion talking about having a "plan'"

ARN ANDERSON: "Well Scott it seems Val Venis has something in  store for us tonight, or maybe something for Booker T, RVD and Mike  Awesome."

SCOTT HUDSON: "I guess we'll have to wait and see... but folks you  don't have to wait to see the exciting Cruiserweight action WCW is  known for, lets head to the ring as the WCW Cruiserweight  Champion is in action!"

Non-Title Match

Kid Romeo versus Shane Helms (Cruiserweight Champion)

Helms came out with the "Sugar Babies" and his awesome entrance  package, the fans really love this guy and I'd be surprised if he isn't  mixing it up with some of the bigger names in the company within a  year. Romeo seems to be lost without his partnership with Skipper, and he quickly hit the ring. As soon as Helms took off the  Cruiserweight title they began trading blows and the referee called  for the bell. Helms whipped Kid Romeo into the ropes and leap  frogged over his head, Romeo fired back and Helms took him down with a japanese arm drag. Back to his feet and running fast Romeo  got taken down again, this time Helms kept the arm barred and went for the submission.

Romeo was able to counter and knocked Helms down with a leg  sweep, he dropped the legs cross Helms' neck then lifted him up to his feet. Romeo chopped away at the chest of Helms backing him  into the corner, he crothed Helms on the top rope and went for the  frankensteiner, but Helms held onto the top rope and Romeo crashed  to the mat. He got to his feet and Helms delivered a flying cross  body for two! Helms backed himself into the corner, and when romeo  came at him he got smashed with the Sugar Smack! The fans went  wild as Helms screamed "Vertebraker!" but their cheers turned to  jeers as Chavo Guerrero jr and Jamie Knoble made their way down  the ramp.

THE FINISH: Guerrero and Knoble circled the ring, keeping Helms'  attention. Knoble entered the ring first then Chavo and the two  began to beatdown the Cruiserweight Champion! The referee called  for the bell.

WINNER(S): @ 6:11, by Disqualification, Shane Helms!

AFTERMATH: Chavo and Knoble grabbed Helms and whipped him into  the ropes, they bent down and went for a double back-body drop  but Helms leaped over them and put on the breaks, Knoble turned  around and got caught with a 'Sugar Smack' knocking him off of his  feet. Chavo sent a right hand to Helms but it was blocked and Helms  fired away at his bitter rival. With Chavo against the ropes Helms  stepped back and then charged sending him over the top with a  clothesline! Knoble and Guerrero regrouped outside of the ring, both  telling Helms that they'll meet at the Great American Bash.

NOTES: Not actually a good match, but served its purpose of  progressing the feud between the three, something tells me Chavo  and Jamie won't be so buddy-buddy once they realize that at the  Great American Bash it's every man for himself.

RATING: 66%-56%-76%

When the show returned from commercial break the Juventud  Guerrera grunged video package with the mexican flag colors was  played, the package ended asking "Can you handle the Juice?" and  "He returns in eight days."

//EWR RATING: 72%

From there we went to the interview position where Pamela  Paulshock was shown standing in a low cut pink top. She brought  the microphone to her mouth and energetically began to speak.

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "Hello fans, Pamela Paulshock here, and  standing next to me is the former WCW World Champion, and one of  the men that will meet Team Canada at the Great American Bash,  Booker T! Booker any thoughts about your big match at the  Pay-Per-View?

The camera panned back and revealed that Booker was indeed  standing there dressed in his white ring attire. Booker smiled and  began to speak.

BOOKER T: "Do I have any thoughts on the P-P-V? Well ya' damn  skippy, hippy! Val Venis, ya' chump walkin' around here wit' my title,  well that's all gonna come to an end soon I promise ya'! 'Cause  sucka at the Great American Bash the Bookerman gots his eyes set  on ya', and ya' heard just like I did... Shane McMahon said that the  man that pins yo ass in the center of the ring is as good as the  numba' one contenda.' Well I will pin ya' ass at the Great American  Bash just like I pinned ya' in that ring last week!"

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "What about your match with Lance Storm and  Elix Skipper tonight."

BOOKER T: "Ha! Those two suckas better realize that the little  numba' games they been playin' are finally workin against 'em, and  Val you say ya' got a little plan, well where was ya' plan last week?  Val I'll see yo' ass at the Great American Bash."

Booker walked away and just before Pamela went to talk again he  grabbed the microphone.

BOOKER T: "And yo, Team Canada Don't hate the Player.... Hate the  Game!"

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "Well folks, there you have it, back to you Arn  and Scott."

//EWR RATING: 81%

When the show returned to the arena, the Jung Dragonz had made  their way to the ring, Yang was standing inside of it waiting for his  opponent. Then the camera switched backstage where Billy Kidman  seemed to be making his way to the entrance position with Rey  Misterio jr

BILLY KIDMAN: "Look Rey, I don't need your help tonight, just stay  back here!"

Kidman kept walking and the cameras went to the arena once again.

Billy Kidman (1/2 Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion) versus Yang  (w/ Leia Meow & Kaz Hayashi)

Kidman's music played marking his entrance and sure enough he  came out to the the ring without his partner. Kidman entered the  ring and held up his Cruiserweight Tag Title at the Dragons, the two  men he and Rey will face at the Great American Bash with the Titles  on the line. The belts however aren't up for grabs in this singles  contest, and the match started with a tie up but Kidman gouged  Yang's eyes rather vicously before kneeing him in the ribs and  backing him into the corner. Kidman used some shoulder thrusts  before the referee ordered a clean break. Kidman went for a kick but  Yang grabbed his leg and tripped him down to the mat, then Yang  springboarded off the ropes and connected with a moonsault. 1,  2.... kickout. Kidman was kept grounded by Yang over the next few  moments with Hayashi on the outside getting involved at every  chance.

THE FINISH: Leia Meow got onto the apron and distracted the  referee, Hayashi had threw the Cruiserweight Tag Title into the ring,  and Misterio had seen enough he raced down the entrance way and  slid into the ring, he tossed Hayashi out of the ring and picked up  the Tag Title, Kidman grabbed Rey by the shoulder, and Rey thinking  it was Yang turned and blasted him with the Tag Title!  Yang drop  kicked Rey and sent him to the outside, then with the referee's  attention back into the ring Yang went to the top rope and nailed  the Yang time for the victory!

WINNER(S): @ 6:21 Yang!

ATERMATH: Yang, Leia and Kaz celebrate in the ring and on the  outside Rey can't believe what he just did, Kidman is ticked off  beyond belief.

NOTES: these two are definatly on the road to splitsville USA, how  can this disfunctional team even think that they could hold onto the  Cruiserweight Tag Team titles?

RATING: 67%-41%-93%

From there the cameras went backstage where Sean O'Haire and  Chuck Palumbo stood with the WCW Tag Team Titles over their  shoulders and smiles on their faces, then the cocky Tag Champions  started to talk.

SEAN O'HAIRE: "Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore, next WCW Tag  Team Champions?"

CHUCK PALUMBO: "I think not!"

SEAN O"HAIRE: (sarcastically) "But Chuck, everyone's talking about  them! They're sooooo good! I mean they've had like what, two  matches and they won one by count out!"

CHUCK PALUMBO: "Oh gee, Sean we'd better just hand these Tag  Titles over to them right now, we aren't even in the same league as  those two!"

SEAN O'HAIRE: "Ha, ha ha..... that's the talk of all you stupid fools  that doubt Palumbo and O'Haire, the best Tag Team on the Planet  today... we've ran up and down this roster destroying everyone in  our path yet you don't give credit where credit is due and of all  people you morons have put your faith behind Rob Conway and Nick  Dinsmore?"

CHUCK PALUMBO: "What a joke, maybe just maybe you fans will  come to regard us as we truly are, but hey it's no sweat off our  backs, and Conway and Dinsmore your fifteen minutes of fame are  just about up! We'll see you at the Great American Bash."

//EWR RATING: 72%

Before the show went to commercial break an Irate Diamond Dallas  Page was shown storming through the back hallways.

DDP: "JEFF!... JARRETT! Where are you, you no good son of a bitch!  Jarrett!"

With Page seemingly in persuit of Double J the show went to  commercial break.

//EWR RATING: 83%

SCOTT HUDSON: "Welcome back fans, man DDP looks to be in  search of Jeff Jarrett, and after what went down last week I don't  blame him."

ARN ANDERSON: "Hey a win is a win, and last week Jarrett beat  Page, but DDP has another chance at the Great American Bash in  the Last Man Standing Match."

SCOTT HUDSON: "That's the Albany Main Event, and it should be  one hell of a show down."

Air Paris (w/ AJ Styles) versus Shannon Moore (w/ Evan Karagias)

Air Raid made theirway to the ring with the sound of jets taking off,  WCW could really have come up with something a little bit better  don't you think? Hey atleast they got rid of those rediculous Air  Force Jump Suits. They came to the ring and Styles patted the  shoulders of his partner getting him loosened up for his one on one  match. Three Count came out next, Moore raced to the ring, after  all these were the guys that cost the duo their Cruiserweight Tag  Team titles. Moore quickly started the match off with some shots to  the face, Moore whipped Paris into the ropes but it was countered  with a flying head scissors. Both men traded spots, Styles kept  grabbing the leg of Moore which promted Evan Karagias to get after  him.

THE FINISH: Styles, after already hitting Evan Karagias with a chair  stood on the apron waiting for Paris to whip Moore into the chair he  held, Air Paris went to whip Moore, but Shannon reversed and it was  Air Paris that crashed into the chair, Styles fell off of the apron and  Moore rolled him up in the shool-boy. 1, 2, 3!

WINNER(S): @ 5:43 Shannon Moore!

NOTES: Your guess is as good as mine as to who is going to win the  Tag team Match at the Great American Bash, myself I'm pulling for  three Count.

RATING: 70%-45%-95%

From there the cameras went to the backstage area where Diamond  Dallas Page was outside of the locker-room that read "Jeff Jarrett".  Page burst in the door only to find Debra sitting on a sofa.

DDP: "Where is he!"

DEBRA: (alarmed) "What are you doing in here!"

DDP: "Where's Jarrett!"

All of a Sudden a voice from behind DDP yelled "You looking for me  old timer!?" That Page turned around and CRASH! Jarrett's acoustic  Guitar smashed over the skull of Diamond Dallas Page knocking him  to the floor of the locker-room.

JEFF JARRETT: "Come on Debra! And you! I'll see your old ass at the  Great American Bash!"

With that Jarrett and Debra left the locker-room with DDP lying on  the floor!

//EWR RATING: 59%

SCOTT HUDSON: "Can you believe that Arn Anderson?"

ARN ANDERSON: "Well it's like they always say, ask and you shall  recieve. Page asked for Jarrett and recieved a guitar shot to the  head."

SCOTT HUDSON: "Folks, stay tuned, the Main Event is next!"

"Shane's Scenario" Handicap Match-up

Elix Skipper & Lance Storm (w/ Major Gunns) vs Booker T, Rob Van  Dam, & Mike Awesome

Elix Skipper and Lance Storm were out first, followed by Mike  Awesome and Rob Van Dam. Booker T's music played but he didn't  come out. It played up once again, and still no Booker T, then  suddenly the cameras went to the backstage area where Booker T  was shown face down on the concret floor, someone had attacked  him! EMTs were checking on him backstage, then the cameras went  back to the arena and Val Venis was shown walking down the ramp  with a smile on his face, had he done it?

Venis took a seat by the announcers, and the match was decided to  start anyway, now as a regular two on two Tag Team Match-up.  Storm and Awesome started things off, hard to believe that a couple  months ago Awesome and Storm were the best of friends and  challenging for the Tag Titles. Awesome connects with a huge  backbreaker, and keeps the pressure appled but Storm reaches out  and grabs the ropes.

Awesome and R-V-D utilized quick tags to keep the pace of the  match going. Van Dam went for the rolling thunder on Storm but he  got his knees up, and tagged out to Elix Skipper. Skipper  springboarded into the ring and landed a legdrop across the neck,  cover for two. R-V-D tagged out to Awesome, and the big man hit  the ring using his size and power for the advantage. Awesome  landed a running Awesome Bomb on Elix but Storm was there to  break the count. Storm tagged himself back in and took it to  Awesome kicking out his knee and forcing him to tag out. R-V-D and  Storm wrestled back and fourth exchanging holds.

THE FINISH: R-V-D went for the Hurricanranna, but Storm countered  with the Canadian Maple Leaf! Van Dam was caught in the center of  the ring, but still tried with all of his heart to get to the ropes, just  as he was about there Storm dragged him away and reapplied  pressure forcing R-V-D to submit!

WINNER(S): @ 12:11 Lance Storm & Elix Skipper!

AFTERMATH: Storm and Skipper celebrate on the outside, and are  soon joined by the Heavyweight Champion. Team Canada is  victorious, Awesome checks on R-V-D in the ring and looks  dissappointed as Unleashed! leaves the air.

NOTES: The match itself was all over the place, nothing great. I  thought for sure we were going to see Booker make a surprise  comeback but that didn't happen. The heels won the match fair and  square, makes you wonder what team will win at the Bash, and just  how much of an important role Booker T plays on his team.

RATING: 78%-71%-85%

Overall Show Rating: 71%

Television Rating: 5.47

Attendance: 4403 people.

Ticket Sales: $132090

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WCW Un-leashed Preview

for June 23, 2001

With just one day to go until World Championship Wrestling presents  the Great American Bash on Pay-Per-View, Un-leashed is indeed the  final stop before the big show. In the midst of what could be the  biggest Main Event WCW has offered in some time, the WCW World  Heavyweight Champion Val Venis and Team Canada are expected to  be heard from live on Un-leashed in regards to their Six Man Tag  Team Elimination Match against Booker T, Mike Awesome and Rob  Van Dam.

Speaking of Rob Van Dam, 'Mr. Saturday Night' will be in action at  Un-leashed when he steps into the ring with the 'Innovator of  Offense,' Chris Kanyon. Team Canada will surely have their sights  set on this one.

Hugh Morrus hasn't been in the nicest of moods lately, which leaves  many to wonder if it will be any better when he steps into the ring  against Lash Leroux on Un-leashed. But that's not all, the World  Championship Wrestling United States Champion Buff Bagwell will  also see action at Un-leashed when he steps into the squared circle  with Ernest 'the Cat' Miller. All of this and more as the anticipation  continues to build for the Great American Bash! Be sure to tune in.

CONFIRMED MATCHES

-Hugh Morrus versus Lash Leroux

-Rob Van Dam versus Chris Kanyon

-Buff Bagwell versus Ernest Miller

Edited by Idolized

user posted image

WCW Un-leashed Results June 23, 2001

The show kicked off with the regular opening video followed by a pan of the arena and pyro. Scott Hudson and arn Anderson welcomed everyone to the show, and remined us that we were just one day away from the Great american Bash live on Pay Per View! With that Hugh Morrus' music hit and he made his way to the ring.

Hugh Morrus versus Lash Leroux

Man I really do feel sorry for Lash Leroux these days, if he's not jobbing to Cruiserweights he's jobbing to heavyweights that usually job to other heavyweights. To make matters even worse he barely got any offense at all in this one, after a stiff powerbomb from Morrus the big man climbed to the top rope and hit the No Laughing Matter ending the squash. He looked into the camera with a menacing grin as the show went to commercial break.

-57% -58% -71%

When the show came back on the air we were treated to a video package from the WCW production team, this one was hyping up the showdown between Conway and Dinsmore and O'Haire and Palumbo. It ended with the two teams staring face to face.

EWR Rating: 58%

Nick Dinsmore gained 1 point of overness

Rob Conway & Nick Dinsmore versus Big Vito & Johnny the Bull

It seems these days that Johnny the Bull and Big Vito are in the same boat as Lash Leroux, when they're on tv it's to put another team over and that;s what they did here, and it was quite a good match. O'Haire and Palumbo made their presence felt after Nick Dinsmore got the win on Big Vito with a bridging Full Nelson Suplex. The Tag Champions hit the ring and the two teams brawled into the commercial break.

-65% -57% -89%

Nick Dinsmore gained two points of overness from this match

Rob Conway gained 1 point of overness from this match

When the show returned, a black limo pulled up to the arena and waoted there for a few moments. Then the door opened and Team Canada stepped out. Venis smelled the air, and said that the city made him sick before walking into the building. a

EWR Rating: 84%

From there clips of Jeff Jarrett's attack on Diamond Dallas Page last week were shown, then the camera panned back to reveal that we where watching a tv monitor that happened to be in Jarrett's locker room. Double J was standing in front of the monitor and laughed at the site of Page lying unconscious after a guitar shot.

EWR Rating: 80%

Rob Van Dam versus Chris Kanyon

Holy crap another man in the "Why am I jobbing all the time" boat! Kanyon is probably the most deserving guy to get a push who hasn't. He put on a great match with Van Dam, Lance Storm got involved and tried to help Kanyon but Mike Awesome ran down and chased him away. RVD hit the Five Star Frog Splash to seal the victory.

-71% -80% -80%

Before we went to another commercial a video package highlighting the ongoing conflicts between Rey Misterio and Billy Kidman was shown, it also included their happenings with the Dragonz and hyped their Great American Bash Match.

EWR Rating: 55%

Rey Jr. lost overness from this segment

Buff Bagwell versus Ernest Miller

Oh my god, WCW brought out every wrestler they've been jobbing out for this one, and everyone jobbed! Believe that? Bagwell and the Cat put on a pretty sloppy match that saw Bagwell finish it off with the Blockbuster for the win. After the victory Shawn and Stacy came on the Titan Tron and Stasiak described how he was more of a man than Bagwell, and that was why he was going to win the Title at the Great American Bash. That guy can thank his partnership with Stacy for his success, either that or he's really good at kissing ass.

-58% -67% 61%

The US title lost image

Next up the World Heavyweight champion made his way out to the ring without his entourage. Venis told everyone that he was the greatest athlete in the world today and that there was nothing and no one that would disprove that. He said that he and Team Canada have taken out everyone WCW has thrown at them and the Great American Bash will be no different. The fans started chanting Booker T's name and Venis laughed saying he left him where he belonged last week, flat on his back.

EWR Rating: 81%

But that wasn't over, Booker T came out and had a few words with the Champion. He called him yellow and said that he would seal the deal at the Pay Per View and show everyone that Venis was nothing more than a sucka. Venis and Booker T brawled in the ring for a few moments then Storm and Skipper hit the ring. They beat down Booker T until RVD and Lance Storm came in and chased them away. Unleashed ended with the three faces calling on Team Canada,

EWR Rating: 85%

Overall Show Rating: 69%

Television Rating: 5.47

Attendance: 4035 people

Ticket Sales: $161,400

user posted image

WCW Great American Bash: June 24, 2001

Toronto Ontario, Canada and Albany New York, USA

"Old Glory" waved high as the telecast came on the air, and  "America the Beautiful" was being sang by children, but after a few  moments static started to overcome the picture, and the voices  began to drag out almost as if the audio was in slow motion. That's  when the American Flag was overtaken by the Canadian flag being  waved, a close up on that flag lead to it being carried by Team  Canada, and lots of action clips from their encunters with Booker T,  Mike Awesome and Rob Van Dam. The Toronto Sky Dome and Pepsi  Center are shown, the two arenas that this two nation event will be  projected from. More clips of the stars like Jeff Jarrett, and Shawn  Stasiak are shown in the low toned music, then a hard rock rift  replaced it and the red white and blue took over the screen once  more with Dallas Page, Booker T, Mike Awesome, Rob Van Dam and  others shown hitting their signature moves, Finally the logo overtook  the screen and a voice proclaimed...."And now from the Pepsi Arena  in Albany New York, and the Skydome in Toronto Canda, WCW  proudly presents the Great american Bash!"

A split screen showed the pyro errupting on the stages of both  arenas and the fans packing in for the event. Then the Albany shot  became full screen, and to the surprise of many sitting at the  announcers table in this arena wasn't the usual duo of Scott Hudson  and Arn Anderson, rather the WCW Owner himself Shane McMahon  and Terry Taylor.

Shane McMahon: "Well, we're not the usual sight our fans are used  to Terry, but if I do say so myself, the Mac-Daddy does look a  whole lot finer than Hudson or Anderson ever dreamed of being."

Terry Taylor: "Well I won't comment on that Mr. McMahon, but I  must say it feels great to be behind the microphone once again, and  I can't wait to call the WCW action we have in store for us here  tonight in Albany at the Great American Bash."

Shane McMahon: "Hell, it's an action packed line up like only Shane  O'Mac's WCW can deliver, tonight the great american Bash is going  to prove that we're on the rise once again, and that soon enough  my words will ring true and WCW Will kick my father's ass once  again!"

Terry Taylor: "Well fans we're going to kick things off with one of  the most prized titles in our industry up for grabs as the Champion  Buff Bagwell puts the United States Title on the line against the  'Mecca of Manliness' himself, Shawn Stasiak."

Shane McMahon: "And Stacy is going to be with him, she always  looks fine! Terry, you know I should ask her if she's ever thought of  taking up an office job, I sure could use her 'assistance' around the  office."

Terry Taylor: "Ha, ha I'm sure you could Shane O'Mac! Lets head to  the ring!"

It is Stasiak who made his way to the ring first, wearing electric  purple trunks with white stars stitched on the back as well as the  word 'Mecca.' The beautiful but deadly Stacy Keibler matched  Stasiak's attire as her miniskirt and halter top were of the same  electric hue. The 'Mecca' held the ropes for Stacy to get into the  squared circle, and once both were done doing their usual pose  Stasiak grabbed the microphone from the ring announcer David  Penzer.

Shawn Stasiak: "Shut up, Listen and".....

Stasiak's promo was cut short however with Bagwell's music, and  sure enough the current reigning and defending United States  Champion came out before down his muscle pose to a shower of  sparks on the ramp. Bagwell made sure he kept an eye on both  Stacy Keibler and Shawn Stasiak upon his arrival to the squared  circle. Once inside the battleground he handed the United States  Title to the referee.

United States Championship Match

Buff Bagwell© versus 'Mecca' Shawn Stasiak w/ Stacy Keibler

With Stacy Keibler on the outside of the ring looking on Bagwell and  Stasiak locked up. Stasiak, with a snap of Bagwell's arm attempted a  duck under and a go behind but before he could get his arms locked  around the waist of Bagwell, the United States Champion delivered a  few elbows to the challenger's head. Bagwell knocked in a few right  hands, then with him leaning against the ropes Bagwell took hold of  an arm and whipped his opposition toward the opposite side of the  ring. Stasiak fired back and evaded an attempted clothesline from  Buff, bouncing back he knocked Bagwell to the mat with a shoulder  block but hurdled the Champion's body and continued to run the  ropes, Buff was attempting to get to his feet but Stasiak brought  him back down to the mat with a swinging neckbreaker. The 'Mecca'  as he likes to be referred to as put a forearm across the jaw of Buff  and went for the cover, only getting a two count.

He got to his feet and began stomping at the arms and chest of  Bagwell, referee Charles Robinson warned Stasiak, so the challenger  grabbed Bagwell by the head and neck and went to lift him to his  feet, Bagwell shrugged Stasiak's arms off of him and after landing a  knee to the midsection, the United States Heavyweight Champion  bounced Stasiak's face off of the top turnbuckle and rolled him up  with a school-boy. 1, 2 ... Stasiak kicked out. Buff didn't allow  Stasiak to get up on his own will, instead he aided him to his feet  and irish-whipped him into the corner turnbuckle. Bagwell charged  full speed and connected with a clothesline that nearly knocked  Shawn up and over the turnbuckle. Bagwell grabbed Stasiak's arm  once again and went to send him into the opposite corner but the  'Mecca' countered whipping Bagwell there instead. Bagwell hit  sternum-first and propelled backward with great speed only to  recieve a brutal haymaker from behind courtesy of Shawn Stasiak.  The fans gasped at the velocity Bagwell hit the mat with, and  Stasiak hooked the leg, arrogantly holding up another finger with  each count the ref made, 1, 2 ... Bagwell kicked out!

Shawn Stasiak looked at Charles Robinson and held up three fingers,  justifying his account by yelling "That was three!" Then, realizing  that arguing wasn't going to do him anything, Stasiak lifted Bagwell  back up and then shot him out through the ring ropes and out to the  floor. Stasiak grabbed the referee by the shirt and turned the  official's back to Bagwell on the outside. While Stasiak kept the  referee's attention, Stacy Keibler had made her way over to Bagwell  who had a hold to the ring apron and was pulling himself up. Stacy  hauled off and slapped Buff right across the face! Buff became  enraged, Stacy charged around the ring and Bagwell followed suit,  running right into the set-up Stasiak and Stacy had devised. Stasiak  slid out of the ring and caught Bagwell by surprise with a huge  clothesline! Shawn then lifted Buff off of the arena floor and sent  him flying shoulder first into the steel ringsteps! Bagwell held his  shoulder in pain, and Stasiak rolled the Champion back into the ring.

The "Mecca' climbed up onto the apron, and then ascended the  turnbuckle. The fans boo'd the challenger's taunts, then Stasiak  leaped off of the top with the elbow .... connecting to the chest of  the United States Champion. Cover, 1, 2, the referee noticed Buff's  foot on the rope and called for the break. Stasiak's frustration had  become evident, he breathed heavily and tugged at his short brown  hair. On the outside of the ring Stacy Keibler has ahold of Bagwell's  WCW United States Championship Belt, and the leggy blonde sat it  in the corner of the ring. Stasiak headed over there, and Stacy  jumped up onto the apron at the other side of the ring, immeadiatly  getting Charles Robinson's attention.

This allowed Stasiak to grab ahold of the United States  Championship, and he tapped on the gold taunting Bagwell to get to  his feet, when Bagwell did get up Shawn Stasiak charged full speed  and... Missed! Bagwell evaded the title shot, and kicked Stasiak in  the gut before lifting him up and dropping him down to the mat head  first with a piledriver! Buff shoved Charles robinson out of the way,  then grabbed Stacy by the back of her head and planted her with a  kiss! Stacy jumped down off of the apron with a blushed face, and  Buff climbed to the second rope telling the fans it was time to end  it, Stasiak got to his feet and turned to face just as Bagwell leaped  off and connected with the Buff Blockbuster! Bagwell hooked the leg  of Stasiak and the fans counted along 1, 2, 3!

Winner: Buff Bagwell, still WCW United States Champion (via pinfall)

-60% -63% 54%

Bagwell's music replayed over the speakers, and Buff looked down at  Stasiak with a smirk on his face as his hand was raised by Charles  Robinson who in turn gave Bagwell the United States Championship.  Buff walked up the ramp with the Title slung over his shoulder.

From there the simulcast switched from Albany to Toronto, and the  fans cheered when cameras caught up to the WCW World  Cruiserweight Champion 'Sugar' Shane Helms in the backstage area.  Helms was talking to the hair and makeup ladies, then he turned  around and walked away. Just as Helms was about to round a  corner, Hugh Morrus popped out and Helms ran straight into him.

Shane Helms: "Woah, damn Hugh, my bad I didn't even see ya' there  'scuse me, bro."

Helms walked away, but Morrus stood there looking pissed off, then  he snarled;

Hugh Morrus: "Yeah, you're damn right that was your bad!"

That scene darkened out and faded to the two announcers that  fans of the new WCW are more at home with, Scott Hudson and Arn  Anderson.

Scott Hudson: "What the hell was that all about?"

Arn Anderson: "Well it looked to me like Shane Helms needs glasses,  Hugh Morrus is one of the last guys I'd want to run into."

Scott Hudson: "Well fans, Arn and I are live here in Toronto Ontario  Canada, and I hope you're ready to see some Cruiserweight action!"

Arn Anderson: "This one has been boiling for quite some time, ever  since AJ Styles and Air Paris made their way back to WCW actually  and cost Three Count their Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles."

Scott Hudson: "That's what started it all, and ever since these two  teams have been waiting to get their hands on each other, well they  will right now! It's Air Raid and Three Count, Cruiserweight  Tag-Team action."

"Oooh baby, from the moment

that i first meant you

I knew it right from the start,

and now I-can't-get-you...

I can't get you out'a my heart"

The infamous lyrics of Three Count's hit song played over the  speakers, and Moore and Karagias came dancing out to the top of  the stage in the Toronto Skydome. Then Shannon and Evan clapped  hands with each other before walking down the ramp, greeting with  some lucky femals fans and then sliding into the ring.

Then the sound of jets blasting off replaced the hit song, signalling  the entrance of Three Count's heated rivals AJ Styles and Air Paris  collectively known as Air Raid. Styles and Paris came out to the top  of the ramp in matching Adidas workout pants, but they were not  alone. A large tan-skinned bald man dressed in a black adidas  workout suit with a huge gold chain around his neck followed them  out to the ring. He stood guard menacingly on the outside of the  ring as Styles and Paris pulled off their workout pants revealing their  matching short-trunk attire.

Cruiserweight Tag-Team Grudge Match

AJ Styles and Air Paris versus Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias

While Hudson and Anderson speculated as to who the large man at  the outside of the ring was, both teams talked things over with their  team-mates until it was decided which man on each team would  start things off. Finally it was settled, as AJ Styles would start  things off with Shannon Moore. The two Cruiserweight competitors  circled each other, each man tried to size his opponent up. Then the  lockup and Styles applied an arm wringer on Shannon Moore,  twisting it to the full degree. Moore tapped his shoulder in pain, then  did a front flip and reversed the hold applying the pressure now to  Styles. AJ dropped to a knee from the sheer force that Moore had  applied but eventually got back up, grabbed the top rope and and  forced the hold to be broken. Styles shook out his arm and went to  tie up once again, but Moore ducked under his arm and quickly rolled  him up in a school-boy for two!

Styles got to his feet, but Moore was quicker and delivered a  dropkick to Styles that sent him backwards and against the ropes.  Moore hurried to AJ and grabbed his arm before whipping him into  the corner where Evan Karagias was standing. Moore pelted Styles  with a couple of forearms before grabbing him by the head and  tagging in Karagias. Evan came in and stomped at the exposed ribs  of AJ Styles. The referee forced Moore back into his corner as Evan  went to whip Styles into the ropes, but AJ countered and sent  Karagias flying and caught him with a tilt-a-whirl slam upon return.  AJ dragged Evan over to the Air Raid corner and tagged in Air Paris.  The skinnier of the two men springboarded off of the center of the  rope, landing a legdrop to the back of Moore's head before making a  cover for two.

Pairs lifted Karagias to his feet and clubbed him a few times on the  back with his forearms. Evan leaned into the corner and Air Paris  gave him one knife edge chop after another, but Evan grabbed ahold  of Paris and slammed him into the turnbuckle. Karagias used some  shoulder thrusts to knock the wind out of the Air Raid member  before lifting him up and crotching him on the top rope. But Evan  didn't follow Air Paris up, instead he took a few steps back, then  charged, leaping up onto the top rope and using it to springboard off  of and connect with a dropkick to a seated Air Paris sending him  tumbling out to the floor!

A Holy Shit chant began in some sections of the arena, though only  small chants and AJ Styles charged toward Karagis only to be taken  down with a well placed drop toe hold. At that moment Shannon  Moore leaped off of the top rope landing a summersault legdrop on  Styles. Air Paris finally started getting his marbles together on the  outside of the ring, with the help of the large man that accompanied  them to the ring. Inside of the squared circle, Moore and Karagias  whipped Styles into the ropes, and the used a double back body  drop to send Styles over the top rope and out onto Air Paris and the  large man! The height AJ reached was amazing!

Moore and Karagias talked to each other in the ring as the crowd  was going nuts. Evan croutched down on his hands and knees next  to the ropes, while Shannon bounced off of the opposite ropes, than  Jumped onto Karagias' back and dived to the outside landing once  again on the three men! The crowd absolutely loved it, and now  Evan Karagias climbed to the top of the turnbuckle, when the men  finally got up Karagias did a summersault dive onto everyone, even  taking out Shannon Moore!

It took a few moments for anyone to get up from that high risk  sequence but finally out of all of the debris Evan Karagias lifted Air  Paris up and rolled him into the ring. Karagias hooked the leg, 1, 2...  kickout by Air Paris! The large man that had accompanied Air Raid to  the ring grabbed ahold of Shannon Moore on the outside of the ring,  and tossed him into the steel ring steps! AJ Styles got onto the  apron and attempted to get into the ring, but really was only looking  to keep the referees attention on him because the large man slid  into the ring, and grabbed Evan Karagias before planting him with a  sickening spinning sidewalk slam! He rolled Air Paris on top of Evan  Karagias and left the ring, Styles let the referee go and Scott  Dickenson seeing the cover slid into position, 1, 2, 3!

Winners: Air Raid (Air Paris p. Evan Karagias)

-69% -57% -82%

Shannon Moore lost 1 point of overness

AJ Styles gained 1 point of overness

Air Paris gained 1 point of overness

Styles hopped off of the apron, and the big man grabbed Air Paris by  the leg and slid him out of the ring, the three men raised their hands  on the outside spouting stuff off at the fans.

Scott Hudson: "I'll tell you what, I don't recognize that man but I do  think that Air Raid has added quite the secret weapon to their  arsenal."

Arn Anderson: "You aren't kidding Scott, but wait... I'm recieving  word from the truck that our broadcast partner Pamela Paulshock is  standing by in the back."

Scott Hudson: "Take it away Pam."

When the cameras pick up in the interview position Pamela  Paulshock is standing by wearing a rather revealing low cut top, and  tight blue jeans. The blonde beauty is joined by none other than  three of the men that headline Toronto's card, Booker T, Rob Van  Dam and Mike Awesome.

Pamela Paulshock: "Thanks guys, well I'm standing alongside the  three men that will face Team Canada tonight in a six man tag-team  elimination match, and these three men have had more than their  fair share of run ins with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Val  Venis, Lance Storm and Elix Skipper over the past few months. Of  course I am talking about Booker T, Rob Van Dam and Mike  Awesome. Now guys, Team Canada claim that they are the world's  greatest athletes and that there's no way they're going down in  defeat tonight, what are your thoughts on that?"

Paulshock's infamous question of questions, what are your thoughts  on that? Awesome steps up first.

Mike Awesome: "You want to know my thought on that Pam? Well  let me tell ya' my thoughts. You see I think that's a whole load of  crap, and it was probably straight from the mouth of Lance Storm.  Well Lance let's take a stroll down memory lane shall we? I had you  beat last month in that ambulance match, plain and simple. The only  reason you walked out with your hand raised that night was 'cause  ya' played the numbers game. Well as I look around tonight I think  the numbers are pretty even!"

Rob Van Dam: "Yeah, those guys are sooo.... 'cool.' You know, not  only do they resort to three on one inside of the ring, they try and  take out their opponents in the back. Well Lance Storm, Elix Skipper,  and Val Venis R-V-D is back at one-hundred percent, and tonight  'Mr. Pay-Per-View' is going to show all of you just why they call me  the whole damn show!"

Booker T was standing there with a ticked off expression on his  face, and then he stepped up to Pamela's microphone.

Booker T: "Val Venis and Team Canada, two weeks ago you sucka's  took me out from behind, an' ya' tried but'cha didn't take the Booker  Man out for good. Well tonight there ain't no if's and's or but's about  it, Val Venis your smug ass is goin' down tonight an' one of us leaves  here the numba' one contenda!"

The three men smiled, as Pamela brought the microphone back to  her mouth.

Pamela Paulshock: "Alright! Anything else?"

Booker T: "Yeah.. you three suckas need to realize that tonight  when we beat yo' asses in yo' homeland, ya' can't blame Canada,  ya' can blame yourselves! Ah, and Don't hate the playa's (Booker  looked around at Van Dam and Awesome who had smiles on their  faces) Hate the Game!"

With that the three men walked off and Pamela signed off leading  the simulcast back over to the Pepsi Arena in Albany where Shane  McMahon and Terry Taylor were once again shown.

Terry Taylor: "Man Shane O'Mac, I have to say the Great American  Bash thus far has literally been off the charts."

Shane McMahon: "Well you wouldn't expect anything less from my  boys, would you?"

Terry Taylor: "By the looks of things, certainly not."

Shane McMahon: "Well it's about to get better, because up next the  WCW World Tag Team Titles are on the line, it's the red hot team of  Conway and Dinsmore going up against perhaps the most impressive  Tag-Team in recent memory, our Tag Team Champions Palumbo and  O'Haire."

The challengers for the WCW World Tag-Team Titles were out first,  Dinsmore and Conway the fresh faced WCW rookies clapped hands  with the fans at ringside, then at the same time on opposite sides of  the ring, the two men grabbed ahold of the top rope and jumped  into the ring, each climbed to the second turnbuckles and posing for  the fans.

Then it was time for the Tag-Team Champions to make their  entrance, and they did so with the normal presence of arrogance  around them. After posing at the top of the ramp to pyro, the two  men walked toward the squared circle, doing their best to make sure  that a fan couldn't dare touch them. They entered the ring, and  O'Haire unstrapped his Tag Title amd held it up taunting Conway and  Dinsmore with it.

WCW Tag Team Title Match

Conway and Dinsmore versus O'Haire and Palumbo©

The bell rang as soon as referee Mark Johnson had taken the Tag  Titles, and Conway & Dinsmore charged the Tag Team Champions.  They stomped and punched away, until the referee got between  them and ordered for control of the match-up. Palumbo went into  the corner, as did Dinsmore. O'Haire shoved Conway backwards,  then knocked him down with a well placed spin kick. O'Haire, instead  of going for the cover used the time to taunt the fans who cateured  to his antics with resounding jeers and obscenities. Conway had  crawled over to the corner and placed the tag to Nick Dinsmore, the  cocky O'Haire pointed his finger at Dinsmore and told him to "come  get yourself some." Dinsmore did, planting a running forearm to the  face of the Tag champion. With O'Haire on the ropes, Dinsmore  planted a kick to the midsection before hooking him up with a  bridging Northern lights suplex. 1, 2... O'Haire kicked out!

Dinsmore got to his feet and grabbed O'Haire by the neck and head,  walking him over to the corner in which Rob Conway was standing.  Tag to Conway, Dinsmore held onto O'Haire and while Conway  climbed to the top rope, and leaped off with an axe-handle smash!  Cover for the count, 1, 2, kickout! Rob grabbed O'Haire by the head  and lifted him to his feet, but O'Haire used a knee to the midsection  to stop the man's onslaught, then he hauled off and connected with  a hard elbow to the face of his opponent, knocking Conway down to  the mat. Tag to Chuck Palumbo, and the big man hit the ring,  landing a knee to the head of Conway. Cover, and Dinsmore made  the save at two. Palumbo lifted Conway up and sent him into the  ropes, the rookie telegraphed Palumbo's attempt at a back-body  drop and leap-frogged over him before bouncing back off of the  ropes and landing a spinning reverse back elbow. Conway kipped up  and tagged in Nick Dinsmore.

Dinsmore came in and immeadiatly began working the legs of the  much taller Palumbo, and after a few leg laces, the the technically  sound mat technician applied a figure-four leglock! O'Haire screamed  out loud with the pressure being applied, but continues to tell the  referee he wasn't going to give. His shoulders hit the mat 1, 2... He  got them up just in time. Palumbo reached for the ropes but was still  too far away, as he was about to tap out, O'Haire ran in and landed  a leg-drop on Dinsmore's head, forcing him to release the hold. The  fans boo'd the heelish antics, but O'Haire had saved his partner and  his team for that matter from sure defeat.

Palumbo, while holding his shin in agony crawled over and made the  tag to his partner. Dinsmore was attempting to do the same, but  O'Haire rushed in and grabbed his leg before dragging him back to  the center of the mat. O'Haire began dropping his knees on the shins  and knee caps of Nick Dinsmore, then once he grew tired of that he  lifted him up and planted him with a reverse fireman's carry slam.  O'Haire motioned to the crowd that he was going up top, and sure  enough he did. It was Seanton Bomb time, that is it would have  been hadn't Dinsmore moved in the knick of time forcing O'Haire to  crash and burn.

Dinsmore crawled over to the corner and was reaching for the tag  from Conway. O'Haire crawled toward him, and grabbed his leg as  Sean was getting to his feet, but it was to no avail as Conway's  hand met Dinsmore's. Rob came in like a house of fire landing fist  after fist to the face of Sean O'Haire, after ducking a clothesline  attempt, Conway delivered a ddt to O'Haire and jumped to his feet.  He began tapping his fist, and 'dusted' it off, O'Haire was getting to  his feet and Conway was sizing him up for his knock out right hand,  but Palumbo came in, and Conway turned to face, Jungle Kick!....  nailed Sean O'Haire! Palumbo went for the Jungle kick, but Conway  evaded his move, and Palumbo took out his own partner with the  Super Kick! Conway rapped in a few shots to Palumbo's head before  clotheslining him over the top rope and out to the floor! Rob Conway  grabbed Sean O'Haire's leg and pulled him to the corner tagging in  Nick Dinsmore. Dinsmore hit the ring fast, and showed great strength  by picking O'Haire up into electric chair position, Conway was  perched on the top rope and it seemed like O'Haire was set up for  the Road Warrior's Doomsday Device, But conway leaped off and  landed his knockout right hand to the face of O'Haire sending the big  man tumbling down to the canvas below. Dinsmore made the cover  and Conway stood guard, 1, 2, 3!

Winners: Rob Conway & Nick Dinsmore, new WCW World Tag Team  Champions (Dinsmore p. O'Haire)

-66% -57% 76%

Nick Dinsmore gained two points of overness from this match

Rob Conway gained 1 point of overness

The WCW Tag Title has lost image

Rob Conway was jumping up and down ecstatically, as Nick  Dinsmore's face looked as if he didn't quite realize that they were  indeed now the WCW World Tag Team Champions. But it was a  reality, after just a few short weeks in WCW Conway and Dinsmore  were Champions.

But their victory celebration was cut short however as Palumbo  re-entered the ring and landed the Jungle Kick on target this time,  right to the face of Rob Conway, dropping 1/2 of the new Tag Team  Champions to the mat. Dinsmore dropped his Tag Title and began  brawling with Palumbo, but O'Haire came from behind and the two  double teamed the technically sound competitor. O'Haire lifted  Dinsmore up and planted him with a Reverse Fireman's Slam. Palumbo  and O'Haire grabbed ahold of the tag belts and looked at what was  once theirs before tossing them to the mat and leaving the ring.

Before the simulcast could switch to Toronto once again, one of the  men who would headline the Albany card later in the night, Diamond  Dallas Page was shown sitting in a folding chair and taping his wrists  for the Last Man Standing Match tonight against Jeff Jarrett. DDP  looked serious in thought, until the scene finally switched back to  Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson in the Canadian province of Ontario.

Scott Hudson: "Well Arn, we just witnessed the crowning of new  WCW World Tag-Team Champions, my question is will we see a new  Cruiserweight Champion?"

Arn Anderson: "Shane Helms' run at the top of the Cruiserweight  Mountain has so far been a successful one, but the two men that he  must face tonight have joined forces in the past few weeks with the  common goal of taking that title off of the Champion here tonight."

Scott Hudson: "But in a Triple Threat Match it is everyman for  himself, and I have to wonder just how long the bond between Jamie  Knoble and Chavo junior will last in this matchup."

Arn Anderson: "We're about to find out."

Chavo Guerrero was out first, and he passed the curtain before  pointing in the crowd who in turned booed the third generation  superstar. It seemed to be the reaction he was wanting as it  brought a smile on his face when he came down the ramp and rolled  into the ring. Chavo got up and raised both arms in the air before  Jamie Knoble's music started up.

He came out to the top of the rampway and jumped up and down  holding both arms in the air, then Noble pointed at Chavo in the ring  and smiled, a sure sign that the two had something in the works for  tonight. In his 'Swingblade' attire, Knoble posed on the turnbuckle  until it was time for the Cruiserweight Champion of the World's  unique entrance.

The 'Vertibreaker' track hit the PA, and the ever popular WCW  Cruiserweight Champion, 'Sugar' Shane Helms came hopping out to  the top of the entranceway complete with his 'sugarbabies.' After  Helm's pyro, the ladies went back behind the curtain, and Helms  dropped the title on the ramp before charging into the ring.

WCW World Cruiserweight Championship Match

'Sugar' Shane Helms© versus Jamie Knoble versus Chavo Guerrero junior

Helms slid in and sensed that the two men were going to work  together, so it was fists of fury to both Chavo and Knoble knocking  them down. His speed helped him keep the offensive advantage until  while he was focused on Knoble, chavo chop blocked Helms' knee  from behind. The two men (Knoble and Guerrero) double teamed  Helms for the next few moments, and after a double back suplex  Chavo went for the cover only to be pulled off by an offended Jamie  Knoble.

They shoved each other and began trading blows until Helms  knocked both men down with a double clothesline. The battle waged  on with each man gaining the offensive advantage, then the scary  moment of the match happened when Helms kicked Chavo's feet out  from under him while he was on the turnbuckle, and Guerrero's leg  landed awkwardly on the mat below twisting his ankle.

Chavo layed outside screaming in pain and holding his ankle, the  referee sensing injury rolled outside and checked on him, Inside of  the ring, Jamie Knoble went for a Tiger Bomb, but Helms countered  and punched Knoble in the face, Jamie tripped backward and Helms  whipped him hard back-first into the corner. Knoble came stumbling  out and the Cruiserweight Champion hit the Sugar Smack right to  the face! He called for the Vertebreaker and the fans rallied behind  him.

Then it happened, out of nowhere Hugh Morrus slid into the ring and  spun Helms around nailing him with a double arm chokeslam! Morrus  then tore his singlet straps down and climbed to the top rope before  squashing Helms with the No Laughing Matter! Morrus rolled out of  the ring and left while Knoble crawled over and made the cover. The  Referee saw the pin enroute to telling the EMTs to come down and  check on Chavo, he slid in and made the count and we had a new  Cruiserweight Champion of the World!

Winner: Jamie Knoble, New WCW World Cruiserweight Champion  (Knoble p. Helms)

-76% -64% -88%

The Cruiserweight Title gained in image

Jamie Knoble couldn't belive it, wide eyed he grabbed the  Cruiserweight Championship and rolled out of the ring. Shane Helms  was still lying motionless after being squashed by the No Laughing  Matter from Hugh Morrus, what in the hell was going on?

From there we cut to the backstage area where the WCW  Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions, Billy Kidman and Rey Misterio  are seemingly getting prepared for their matchup. Kidman is to the  far pulling something out of his bag while Rey is closer to the camera  tying up his boots and tugging at the legs of his leather-like ring  attire.

"knock, knock, knock."

Misterio continued to tye up his other boot, and Kidman looks to be  ignoring the sound at the door.

"knock, knock, knock"

Billy Kidman: "Well, are you going to get that, or are you just going  to stand there!?"

Misterio looked at Kidman with an unimpressed face, but walked  toward the locker-room door.

Rey Misterio: "It ain't like yo' legs are broken."

Rey opened the door, unknowing who was behind it but once he  caught a glimpse of who it was he shouted;

Rey Mysterio: "Oh..... damn holmes!"

"O'la le, dawg!"

The camera caught two of Misterio and Kidman's former  running-mates and buddies, Konnan and Juventud Guerrera coming  into the locker-room. Konnan and Misterio embraced, and Kidman  who was in a rather smug mood prior walked over to his friends and  got reacquanted.

Billy Kidman: "I knew you were on your way back Juvi, but no one  said anything about you K-Dawg."

Konnan: "Hey, hey what can I say brotha' I'm back, but there's  somethin' that I've been noticin' watching Un-leashed these past  few weeks essas, things don't seem like they used to be with you  two homies."

Kidman and Misterio looked at each other, and awkwardly and then  back at their friends.

Rey Misterio: "We've had our differences lately, man."

Juventud Guerrera: "Yeah, no crap... but all that's about to change."

Konnan: "You're damn right, dawg.... The Filthy Animals are back in  business and things 'bout to get rowday-rowdy."

(Everyone) "And bowday-bowdy"

The Animals all joined hands in the locker-room looking at each other  for a few moments before the cameras went back to the arena.

//EWR Rating: 71%

"Disco never dies!" was heard when the cameras switched back, and  the 'Dancing King' himself, Disco Inferno is busting his moves on his  way to the ring. Upon arrival to the swuared circle, Disco slid in and  grabbed a microphone from the ring announcer.

Disco Inferno: "Alright, shut up! Every single one of ya'!"

Disco glanced around the audience who boo'd him for his remarks,  then brought the microphone back to his mouth.

Disco Inferno: "I just couldn't stand it anymore, I saw it just like  everyone of you did a few seconds ago. Oh, isn't it sweet, the Filthy  Animals back together again, all lovey-dubby.... oh come on! Let me  tell ya' somethin' right now, I don't care that those guys are back  together, and neither do you people, right?"

Disco looked out into the crowd again, only the crowd wasn't  cheering him, they were chanting "Disco sucks!"

Disco Inferno: "What do you people know anyway! And another  thing I don't care about is the fact that Juventud Guerrera is  supposed to make his big return to the ring tonight. (Now a Juvi  chant has started) In fact, I'm going to make sure that his little  return to the ring isn't a successful one.... because I'm going to see  to it myself! Yeah, that's right! So Juvi if you've got the guts, come  on out here and meet me in the ring right now!"

Disco dropped the microphone, and held his arms out waiting to see  if Juventud would actually accept the challenge. He didn't have to  wait long as the Filthy Animals old music began to play and Juventud  Guerrera, dressed in baggy red pleather pants made his arrival to the  ring to a warm welcome from WCW fans that hadn't seen him in  quite some time.

Singles Contest

Juventud Guerrera versus Disco Inferno

Guerrera rolled into the ring, but Disco, ever the opportunist went  right to work before Juvi could even get to his feet, dropping an  elbow right to the back of Guerrera's head and then proeeding to  stomp away. Disco picked Guerrera up by the hair of his head and  clubbed him back down to the mat with a short arm clothesline. He  looked around and laughed, acting almost as if Guerrero was a joke.  Then Disco went to grab Juvi again, but this time the 'Youth Warrior'   caught him in the face with his boot, and then kipped up to his  feet. Guerrera hooked Disco for a quick snap suplex and then rolled  out to the apron. He slingshoted from the top rope and landed a  senton splash on Disco Inferno before hooking the leg for the cover,  1, 2 .... kickout from Disco.

Juvi brushed his long black hair out of his eyes, and pulled Disco  Inferno to his feet. After a couple of clubbing forearms, he went to  send Disco into the ropes, but Disco countered whipping Guerrera  into them instead, Disco went for what looked to be a tilt a whirl but  it was countered with a flying head scissors by Guerrera, a move  that sent WCW's resident Dance King crashing awkwardly into the  ring ropes. Disco grogilly got to his feet and took a wild swing at  Juventud Guerrera who counted the attack by hooking disco up and  planting him with the Juvi Driver! Guerrera got up and told the fans  he was going up, and sure enough he did climb to the top rope  before landing a near perfect 450 splash- a move he single handedly  brought to fame. He hooked Disco's leg, 1, 2, 3! Guerrera was back  in WCW, and successful at that.

Winner: Juventud Guerrera (via pinfall)

-71% -65% -78%

Juventud Guerrera had his hand raised by the referee, and the  "Youth Warrior" climbed to the top of the turnbuckle and played to  the fans. Disco rolled out of the ring and looked quite unpleased at  his performance, while Hudson and Anderson talked about how great  it was to see Juvi back in the WCW, and the Filthy Animals reunited.

What looks to be a prepackaged video begins to play now with  nineteen-eighties style heavy metal music playing in the  background. Some old AWA footage of a young Shawn Michaels and  Marty Janetty, the Midnight Rockers was shown.

"Decades ago, two high octane individuals ushered in a new style of  professional wrestling, and with it the face of professional wrestling  would never be the same."

Now the footage stops, and two individuals never before seen in  World Championship Wrestling decked out in new wave attire, but  the same style tassled boots and arm bands stand in front of a  caged wall. The voiceover then concludes...

"Two decades later, the face of professional wrestling will change  once again..... THE NEW MILLENIUM ROCKERS, coming soon!"

Back to the arena and the Jung Dragonz were making their way to  the ring with their leather clad manager Leia Meow, Leia had her  whip in hand and she most likely would use it should her boys  disappoint tonight. Yang and Hayashi came into the squared circle  and looked into the crowd menacingly.

That's when the Animal's rap music picked up, and the WCW  Cruiserweight Tag-Team Champions hip-hopped out onto the stage  with Konnan behind them. Just moments ago running mate Juventud  Guerrera was victorious, would Rey and Kidman be able to hold on to  their titles now? They entered the ring and each took a corner,  holding up their Tag-Team belts.

WCW Cruiserweight Tag-Team Championship Match

Rey Misterio and Billy Kidman© versus Kaz Hayashi and Yang w/  Leia Meow

After handing their titles to the referee Kidman informed Rey that he  would be starting things off for their team, and Kaz Hayashi came  out for the Dragons. A collar and elbow to get things going. After a  few quick exchanges and some chain wrestling Hayashi was on the  mat and Kidman was applying a hammerlock. Hayashi fought to his  feet and Kidman tried to whip him into the ropes but ended up taking  the ride himself and then he got launched with a japanese arm drag  from Kaz. Kidman got to his feet and was quickly taken down with  another Arm Drag, this time Kaz jept an arm bar applied, and tagged  in Yang. The Dragons double teamed Kidman in the corner making  sure to keep him seperated from Rey. Then Leia Meow had her  leather whip across Kidman's neck choking him out!

Konnan ran over and chased Leia Meow away, and the 1/2 of the  Cruiserweight Tag Champs was able to battle back and counter one  of Yang's moves into a sit out powerbomb. Not looking to pleased  about having to do it, Kidman tagged out to Rey junior. Misterio hit  the ring, and so did Kaz but for his effort he was knocked down to  the mat immeadiatly by the Filthy Animals member. Rey and Yang  had a series of exchanges that got the crowd into the match, and  after a dropkick knocked Yang on his but in the corner Rey junior hit  a bronco buster!

Rey junior quickly lifted the Dragon member up, and went for a  powerbomb, but the Dragon member was looking for a hurricanrana,  but Misterio dropped to his back, bringing Yang neck-first against  the second rope. Rey-Rey jumped to his feet and looked around  before bouncing off the opposite ropes, Kidman reached out and  tagged himself in while Misterio leaped, grabbed the top rope and  spun around crashing his legs into Yang's face and knocking him to  the mat. Kidman climbed to the top rope and landed a Shooting Star  Press, then went for the cover. Rey looked like he was upset that  Kidman was finishing the match like that, but quickly cut off Kaz  Hayashi who had entered the ring to break the count, Kidman got  the three!

Winners: Billy Kidman & Rey Misterio junior, still WCW Cruiserweight  Tag-Team Champions (Kidman p. Yang)

-74% -59% -90%

The Cruiserweight Tag Titles have gained image

Misterio still looked a little upset about Kidman basically stealing the  win, but Konnan rolled into the ring with the Cruiserweight  Tag-Team Titles and handed them to his friends. Kidman celebrated  with the title in the air while Konnan patted Rey junior on the back.  It seemed that things still weren't quite right with the two, but  Konnan is holding them together.

'Double J' Jeff Jarrett and his 'business Assosciate' Debra were  shown heading toward the Gorilla Position next. Jarrett was decked  out in his silver and white attire, his 'acoustic equalizer,' the good ol'  six string guitar was at his side as well.

Shane McMahon: "Well WCW fans, it's the match that everyone here  in Albany New York has been waiting for, the first of the Great  American Bash's two Main Events, the Last Man Standing Match  that I myself signed into existence."

Terry Taylor: Shane O'Mac, this has the makings to be one of the  bloodiest encounters WCW has ever seen, there is so much bad  blood between these two men, especially after Jarrett's attack a  couple weeks ago on DDP. Oh man, this is going to be brutal."

Shane McMahon: "This is going to be a match that shows the entire  world just where World Championship Wrestling is, and that's on top.  Enough waiting, get this match going already!"

Almost as if they where running on McMahon's clock, Jarrett's music  began to play, and the former WCW Champion came out  accompanied by the beautiful Debra. 'Double J,' who's hair has grown  back quite a bit since having his head shaved by Dallas Page at  Slamboree jumped onto the center of the middle rope and held his  guitar above his head to a shower of sparks. "You got shaved" could  be heard throughout the crowd as Jarrett handed his guitar and  'Slapnuts' t-shirt to Debra on the outside of the ring.

"Self High Five!" Echoed throughout the Pepsi Center, and an  electrified DDP came out onto the stage before flashing the Diamond  Cutter sign to an ear popping pyro display, then the self proclimed  'People's Champion' jumped over the barricade and made his way  through the crowd.

Last Man Standing Match

Jeff Jarrett versus Diamond Dallas Page

Diamond Dallas Page hopped over the barricade and slid into the ring  before charging after Jeff Jarrett, but Double J slid out of the ring  and Page followed suit. Page kept trying to get at Jarrett but  'Double J' hopped out to the floor each time. Finally when Jarrett slid  back into the ring he waited and Page came in but a ready Jeff  Jarrett floored him with a clothesline, knocking Page to his back.  Jarrett immeadiatly dropped down and applied a reverse chinlock on  Page, much to the fan's dismay. DDP looked as if he was going to  fade away, but finally ended up grabbing the bottom rope. Jarrett  lifted Page to his feet, and tried to end things early with the Stroke,  but DDP avoided it and took the window of opportunity to try and go  for the Diamond Cutter, Jarrett however held onto the top rope  avoiding the move.

Jeff rolled out of the ring and began tearing apart the ring steps, but  Page had stepped out onto the apron and leaped off taking Jarrett  off of his feet with a flying clothesline. Page got to his feet and  grabbed Jarrett by the back of the neck and head. He pointed at  the barricade getting a bunch of fans in that area on their feet in  excitement then the 'People's Champion' slammed Jeff's head off of  the steel post, and a couple of the fans patted Page on the back.  DDP punched two shots to the face of Jarrett before grabbing him  by the tights and rolling him back into the ring. DDP lifted Jeff to his  feet and whipped him into the ropes following it up with a tilt-a-whirl  sideslam. Back to their feet, Page hooked with Jarrett, Jarrett won  the exchange and went for a hiptoss but Page countered and hit a  discus clothesline sending the both of them out and to the floor.  They brawled to the announcer’s table, and DDP clotheslined Jarrett  into the crowd. He hopped over the barricade and secuirity quickly  seperated the fans from Jarrett and Page. DDP reached down and  grabbed a trash can that was full of garbage, Jarrett got to his feet  and DDP hit him with the trash can, sending its contents spilling all  over.

They then continued to brawl and wound up next to the enrance  way. Dallas tossed Double J into the side of the steel set, Jarrett's  body broke off one of the blue display stars. DDP pinked the star up  and continued to beat Jarrett down until there was nothing left to  it. Page continued to lead the match with his brawling skills, now  they had entered the opposite side of the set where the WCW.com  table was set up, Page went to toss Jeff off of the ramp and onto  the table, but Jarrett blocked Page's assault and dropped to a knee  before nailing an uppercut right in the jewels. It was Jarrett that  tossed Page off of the ramp, sending him crashing through the  WCW.com table eight feet below. The referee began the ten  count.1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. Page looked lifeless. 5.. 6.. 7.. Finally some  signs of movement. 8.. 9.. Page, while groggy had made it to his  feet in the knick of time. Jarrett followed Page to the bottom of the  rampway and once again the two men traded rights and lefts.  Jarrett went to whip Page into the steel ring post, but DDP  countered knocking Jarrett head first into it.

Diamond Dallas Page looked under the ring while Jarrett layed  motionless on the mat, and a worried Debra looked on. The ref got  to five and Jarrett was back to his feet, if not to break the count it  was to recieve a brutal shot from Page with a crutch that somehow  happened to be under the ring. Page took what was left of the  crutch and brought it against Jarrett's neck choking him out for a  few moments, then he dropped the hold and tossed the crutch  aside. Page grabbed a steel folding chair, Jarrett had been helped to  his feet by Debra and was already in the ring when Page threw the  chair in and then climbed into the squared circle.

Jarrett met Page with some heavy blows, backing the 'People's  Champion' into the corner. 'Double J' sized Page up and cracked him  with stinging knife edge chops. Then Jeff lifted Page up and  crotched him on the turnbuckle. Jarrett climbed to the top and  proceeded to deliver a scary looking superplex with most of DDP's  own weight landing on his neck. Jarrett and Page both lied on the  mat after the thunderous move, once again forcing the ten count to  start. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. Jarrett and Page both rolled to their sides,  Double J was the first to his feet and he laid eyes on the chair DDP  had brought into the ring. Jarrett walked over to it and lifted it up,  but Page was to his feet and spun Jarrett around, nailing the  Diamond Cutter! Page nailed the Diamond Cutter in the center of the  ring. DDP leaned into the corner with exhaustion as the referee once  again restarted the ten count. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. Jarrett was not  moving, still face down from the Diamond Cutter. 6.. 7.. Double J  had reached the middle rope and pulled himself up to his knees,  much to the dismay of the fans in attendance.

Jarrett grabbed the chair once again, and this time slammed it onto  Page’s knee, knocking him down to the mat. Double J continuously  cracked the chair over and over again against Page's knee. Jarrett  grabbed his leg and locked on the figure four. Page tried to turn it  over but Jarrett swung it back over. Page got to the ropes. Jarrett  grabbed Page's head and locked on a sleeper, after a few elbow  shots Page broke it but Jarrett locked it once again. Dallas Page  finally escaped and took down Jarrett with a clothesline-shoulder  block type move. Page worked over Jarrett's leg until Jeff was able  to roll to the outside and regather himself, Debra handed Jeff the  guitar. Jarrett tried his best to stay away from DDP who was now  following him up the rampway. Page grabbed ahold of Jeff and  tossed him into the set again, Jarrett dropped his 'acoustic  equalizer.' Page lifted Jeff up and walked him to the side of the  ramp, looking down to the eight foot drop with nothing but concrete  below. DDP called for the Diamond Cutter to a huge pop, but Jeff  once again hit a low blow. He walked over and grabbed the guitar,  and cracked it over Page's head, DDP stumbled backward and once  again fell eight feet, this time with no tables to break his fall! With a  sickening thud Page's body hit the concrete floor. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5..  6.. 7.. 8.. Still absolutely no movement from Page, 9.. 10!

Winner: Jeff Jarrett (via ten count)

-78% -80% -74%

Jarrett had finally done it, lived up to his word and defeated DDP!  The EMT's had rushed to Page's aid at the rampside, as Debra joined  Jarrett on the top of the ramp. A fatigued Jarrett leaned on Debra,  getting his hand raised by the referee to the many in attendance  telling Jarrett that he sucked.

With the conclusion of the Albany Main Event, it was now time for  the last match of the night, and the camera showed the entire force  of Team Canada walking in the back. The World Heavyweight  Champion Val Venis lead the charge sproting new red trunks with a  white 'V' and Maple Leaf on the sides, Skipper and Storm followed  behind him and Major Gunns was waving the Canadian Flag. Cut  back to ringside where Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson where once  again shown.

Scott Hudson: "Arn Anderson I have goosebumps running up and  down my arms, can you believe that the match we've been waiting  for is finally here?"

Arn Anderson: "This is the Match of the night, all of the big players  are going at it in this one, and remember Shane McMahon has made  the World Heavyweight Champion a marked man in this one tonight,  whoever is able to pin Val or make him submit will be considered the  number one contender to the WCW Title!"

Scott Hudson: "This is the big one, the one with all of the history. I  can't guarantee that this rivalry is going to be settled here tonight  at the Great American Bash, but I know for sure it's going to  explode."

"Don't hate the Player... Hate the Game!" Booker T's music blasted  over the public address system and the three man team of the  'Career Killer' Mike Awesome, 'Mr. Pay-Per-View" Rob Van Dam and  Booker T all came out to the top of the ramp. Booker Dropped to a  knee and then jumped back up to his feet marking a big explosion of  flame-like pyro behind the three men. They walked to the ring with  the fans support, but the cheers soon turned to booes when Team  Canada's music overtook the system.

Val Venis was the first to peak his head through the curtain with the WCW Championship over his shoulder. The out came Storm and  Skipper who each stood on the Champion's sides, while major Gunns  walked around them proudly waving the Canadian Flag. The camera  focused on their three opponents in the ring who anxiously awaited  their arrival. Team Canada, always the gentlemen allowed Major  Gunns in the ring first so the she could hold the ropes and make it  easier for them to get into the ring. They did so, and Venis  unstrapped his title before holding it before him making sure that  each one of them knew he was the man on top of the company at  the moment.

Six Man Tag-Team Elimination Match

Booker T, Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome versus Val Venis, Lance  Storm and Elix Skipper w/ Major Gunns

Here it was, quite possibly the biggest Main Event Match of the new  WCW and both sides were looking at each other with nothing less  than udder disdain for each other in their eyes. Booker T and Lance  Storm started things off with each other and Storm was surprised  with the fury of Awesome's attack. He lifted the former US Champion  up and slammed him into the corner before nailing an elbow right to  the side of his head. Awesome tagged in R-V-D, they seperated  Storm and utilized double team maneuvers. Tagging in and out to  each other back and fourth. Once again it was Awesome and Storm  in the ring, and Mike picked Lance up before slamming him down with  a hard sideslam for two!

Storm got to his feet again and slapped Mike Awesome right across  the face, Awesome delivered a kick to his gut, and trie to end things  prematurely with his finisher. Awesome lifted Storm up for the  Awesome Bomb and began charging, but Storm slipped off of his  back and landed on his feet, Awesome turned around and Storm  went for the Superkick... Awesome grabbed the leg and spun him  around before taking him down with a clubbing clothesline. He  grabbed Storm's head and went to lift him up, but storm countered  and rolled Awesome up into a cradled, and out of the referee's view  grabbed ahold of the ropes for the quick pin!

Eliminated: Mike Awesome (p. by Lance Storm)

Rob Van am jumped in to keep things going for his team while  Awesome argued his point outside the ring until he was ultimately  told to head to the back. Van Dam and Storm exchanged  encounters, and after a backbreaker grounded R-V-D Lance Storm  tagged in Elix Skipper. The former Cruiserweight Champion hit the  ring and lifted R-V-D up to his feet. He used some forearm shivers to  get RVD reeling against the ropes, then he went to whip Van Dam  into the opposite ropes but it was R-V-D who whipped him, he  countered. Skipper springboarded off of the side ropes and took Van  Dam down with a magnificently executed hurricanranna! Skipper  leaped over and tagged Lance Storm back in. He rushed the ring and  dropped an axe handel to the back of Van Dam. R-V-D got back to  his feet and Storm whipped him into the ropes, Rob Van Dam shot  back and did a weird flip over Storm's back.

Storm turned to face and Van Dam went for a kick that was caught  by his opponent but R-V-D was one step ahead and nailed a reverse  enziguri! Storm's back hit the mat hard, and R-V-D shot into the  opposite set of ropes before nailing the Rolling Thunder and going for  the cover. 1.. 2.. kickout from Storm. They got to their feet once  again and after a few shots to the head Van Dam's kick was caught  by Storm, Lance tripped the other leg knocking Rob to his back then  the proud Canadian tried to lock on his Maple Leaf submission hold  R-V-D wouldn't allow Storm to turn him and kicked his heel right  between his eyes! Storm dropped Van Dam's legs and then came  back, RVD hit a spinning hell kick knocking Storm to his back. Then  as quick as a cat, Van Dam leaped on to the top rope and then hit  his Frog Splash! A beautiful Five Star Frog Splash from R-V-D, cover  and he got the three!

Eliminated: Lance Storm (p. by Rob Van Dam)

Val Venis was ticked off beyond belief after having lost the MVP of  his team. He stormed into the ring and went to work on R-V-D with  clubbing blows to his back. Then Venis hit a knee to the gut of the  wrestler formerly known to WCW fans as Robbie V, before sending  him into the ropes and locking on a sleeperhold. Van Dam began  fading away. The referee raised his arm and it dropped. Once again  and to the same effect. Val seemed to be sure it was all she wrote  for 'Mr Saturday Night' but the fans rallied behind Van Dam and he  fought back to his feet. Elbows to the midesection and R-V-D had  broken away, he bounced off of the ropes and took Venis to the mat  with a cross body.

Tag to Booker T and the big man came in like a house of fire,  knocking down the man that attacked him backstage two weeks  ago.Some reddening chops to the chest had Val wishing he was out  of the ring, a wish Booker T granted with a hip toss over the top  rope. Venis hit his back on the side of the apron on the way down,  and just laid on the outside of the ring. Booker followed him out, and  went to lift Val up, but Venis grabbed his arm and used all of his  weight to whip Booker T into the steel steps knee first! Skipper and  Van Dam had began battling it out in the ring, Skipper came off of  the ropes landing in hurricanranna position, he performed the move  sending both men out to the floor!

Edited by Idolized

Booker T was rolled back into the ring by Val Venis, and the WCW  Champion climbed to the top rope before nailing the Money Shot! Val  Venis landed the Money Shot and hooked the leg, 1, 2, ... Booker's  foot was on the ropes! Venis was angered and pounded on Booker in  a mounted position before lifting Booker T up and whipping him into  the ropes, but Booker nailed a flying forearm that took both men  down. The ref instituted a ten count, and at eight Booker T had  crawled over and tagged in Rob Van Dam. Venis was not so lucky as  R-V-D came in hot, catching Venis with stinging kicks. R-V-D  whipped him into the ropes and took the Champion down with a  spinning heel kick! Van Dam looked around at the fans and felt it  was time to go up top, he did so and for the second time in the  night R-V-D went to the top rope. He jumped off for the Frog  Splash, but no one was home! Venis quickly rolled Rob Van Dam up  with a school-boy, and the champion had his feet on the ropes, 1..  2.. 3!

Eliminated: Rob Van Dam (p. by Val Venis)

Venis quickly reached over and tagged in Elix Skipper who came into  the ring with the sole survivor of the opposing side, Booker T!  Booker was fighting like a man posessed, and like there was no  tomorrow. Skipper was whipped into the ropes and leaped up for a  cross body, but Booker caught him and after some readjusting  slammed him down with a thunderous Spinebuster! Booker T  Spineroonied back to his feet and stalked Elix Skipper, Val Venis was  lying on the side of the mat for a breather. Skipper got up and  Booker kicked him in the gut before bouncing off of the ropes and  nailing the Ghetto Blaster Scissor's Kick! Skipper was out of it as  booker made the cover and got the academic three count!

Eliminated: Elix Skipper (p. by Booker T)

Booker T got up and stared across the ring at Val Venis, it was  down to this... the two men that fought over the WCW World  Heavyweight Championship at Slamboree where once again going at  it on Pay-Per-View. The two men circled each other before locking  up, Venis used his strength to back Booker in the corner. He beat on  his opponent with knees to the midsection, the Champion hooked  Booker up and landed a Fisherman Suplex but Booker T kicked out at  two. The two men brawled back and fourth, after applying a  headlock Val looked to squeeze the energ out of Booker, but he  shrugged the headlock off and shoved Val into the ropes before  nailing a huge spinebuster on the WCW Champion!

For the second time, Booker T spineroonied back to his feet, setting  the crowd off and the Heavyweight Champion got back to a  standing base, Booker jumped up and went for the sidekick, but  Venis ducked the attack and bounced off of the ropes before  knocking Val down with a shoulder block to the knee of Booker T,  knocking him off of his feet. Booker grabbed his knee in agony, and  Val went to work on his legs before locking in his Reverse Figure  Four Leglock. Booker screamed, and just as he was about to tap  out, he finally made it to the ropes. This seemed to have ticked  Venis off so he rolled out of the ring and went over to the ring  announcer David Penzer, after he did he shoved Penzer to the floor  and grabbed the steel chair he was sitting on. Venis rolled back into  the ring, and lifted the chair up into the air, his intent was to bring it  down on Booker's leg but the referee grabbed the chair! Venis and  the ref played a game of tug-of-war, then the Heavyweight  Champion kicked the referee below the belt and folded the steel  chair over his head.

The referee crashed to the mat, and now Val returned his attention  to Booker T, lifting the chair up over his head, until.......

The lights went out.

For a few moments nothing but flashbulbs from cameras were seen,  and Hudson and Anderson speculated that the show my have been  experiencing a power outage. Then chills ran up their spines as red  lights began to flash, and "Holla' if ya' hear me!" was pronounced  over the loud speaker followed by the sound of a police beacon.  There was no mistake about it, that was the music of 'Big Poppa  Pump' Scott Steiner, but the lights were still out, all except for the  red beacon lights. Finally the lighting in the arena did come back on,  and the Champion was looking at the entrance way with a look of  fear on his face, but Steiner was no where to be seen. Well no  where on the entrance ramp to be seen, because when Venis turned  around he was face to face with the former World Champion who  had slid in the ring moments prior. Venis jumped back then fired a  right hand, and he and Steiner began brawling in the center of the  ring, with the referee still out of it. The commentators put over how  they couldn't believe Scott Steiner of all people had come to  Booker's aid, and the sound of the fans was near defening.

Venis kicked Steiner in the gut, and tried to hook him up in a cobra  clutch, which proved not to be such a good move as Steiner locked  up the champion and launched him over his head with a release  belly-to-belly suplex! Booker T had gotten to his feet, looking at the  returning Steiner in disbelief, Big Poppa Pump told Booker to "finish  him off" and then rolled out of the ring. Venis groggily got back to  his feet, and Booker hooked him up, BOOK END! Booker T blasted the  WCW Champion with the Book End, and Steiner was shown once  again, this time at the top of the ramp directing a new referee  toward the ring. Booker T made the cover, and the new ref got into  position, 1, 2, 3!

Winners: Booker T, Mike Awesome, and Rob Van Dam (Booker T p.  Val Venis)

-80% -77% -84%

Booker T sat on his knees, and the referee raised his hand in  victory, with the help of a man that was once his bittermost enemy  Booker T had pinned the WCW Champion, and thus earned himself a  shot at the title in the future. Steiner was no longer at the top of  the ramp, Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome came down to the ring  congratulating Booker T as the Great American Bash- a night of  many new twists and turns came to a close.

Overall Show Rating: 72%

Pay-Per-View Buy Rate: 0.92

Attendance: 11,466 People

P-P-V Revenue: $2,300,000

Ticket Sales: $687960

E-Mails Following The Show:

Buff Bagwell: "I tried my best, but I think our match showed clearly  that Shawn Stasiak isn't good enough to be wrestling at my level."

---------------------------------

Well there you have it, it only took me forever to get back into this thing but finally the PPV is done! I'd like to get your feedback, I'll find the prediction winners in the next post. well off to bed.

Edited by Idolized