World Championship Wrestling 2001

IDOL

Awesome pay per view, glad to see this diary back in action.

GOOD

-Making the US match readable

-Hugh Morrus FINALLY getting a push? I hope you do the "bully" gimmick of some sort for him or a bad ass, I think he'd be (no pun intended) bad ass at that gimmick.

-3 Count versus Air Raid. 'Nuff said.

-YES! Morrus cost Helms the match, Knoble is the champ!!1!

- :D Filthy Animals still together. I'm loving the Cruiserweight Tag Team division, keep it going.

-Jarrett versus Page... nother good match.

-"Big Poppa Pump" is your hookup. Holla if ya hear me!

BAD

-After reading through, the show was good, but one location would have been better. Toronto just doesn't fit for GAB, but it was a nice try.

-Your writing made the US match look much better than it was, IIRC, 54% was the MQ, right? Even if it wasn't, your writing made the match look better than a 63 or 60.

-Putting the belts on Conway & Dinsmore. I voted for Palumbo & O'Haire because I don't think they (C&D) are ready for the belts yet, even if their overness in EWR says so, and judging from the titles losing overness, I think EWR agrees with me.

-Chavo injured?

THE UGLY

-Disco Inferno

7/12 for predictions ain't bad, is it? Still can't believe I predicted 3 Count to win.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest -De\/ilock-

This is one of my favorite diaries. Good PPV.

I have a couple of critisims though.

I didn't like how it was in two different locations. One would've been fine. However it is different, points for originality. I agree with Kevin Elliot in that the Great American Bash should take place in America. Having it in Canada is just odd.

Also I didn't like the way Juventud Guerrera debuted. I think he should be a singles cruiser star. You could've had Disco Inferno in the ring saying that he deserves a better push or something, then have Juvi come out and shut him up. Having him appear backstage and end up remaining part of the Filthy Animals seemed to lessen the effect of his debut.

Also I don't think Conway and Dinsmore are ready for the titles. I would've built up Conway and Dinsmore as the underdogs by having them come so close to the titles, only to have them ripped away. However, I like how you are continuing the feud with Jindrak and O'Haire by having the post-match attack.

Also with the Scott Steiner debut, it's great to see him back as it'll bring a lot to your shows. But that main event feud between Mike Awesome, Booker T, RVD and Team Canada is already cluttered enough already. It obviously didn't have a clear end at GAB, so I would've either held up on Steiner's debut until after that storyline was over or debuted him in some other fashion (coming in on DDP's behalf against Jeff Jarrett?)

One other small thing is that too many good guys won. It was a 6-2 ratio favoring babyfaces. That's not too bad, but when the face goes over in the main event I believe that heels should go over in the undercard.

Those are the only glaring negatives I found in the whole thing, which is a positive. There were no badly written matches and some surprises thrown in. Konnan coming back, Scott Steiner coming back, Hugh Freaking Morris getting a push. Also I'm looking forward to hearing about the New Millenium Rockers.

Great PPV, Great Diary.

Prediction Contest Results:

Kevin Elliott

6 points (+2 tye breakers)= 8 points

Herpes O'Doom~!

6 points (+2 tye breakers)= 8 points

Hajjhowe

5 points

MrBenjamin

4 points

Both Kevin Elliott and Herpes O'Doom~! came in first with eight points, if you would like to cliam your free sig or banner just send me a PM with your request. A preview for WCW Un-leashed should be up later tonight or perhaps sometime tomorrow.

*EDIT: I forgot to mention guys thanks for the feed back on both what you liked and didn't like so much about the diary, keep it coming as it helps get me get a feel of which things are going over and what are not.

Edited by Idolized

user posted image

FROM WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WCW UNLEASHED! RESULTS 6/30/01

results sent in by Wrestleboy8601

Last week's Great American Bash was a phenomenal showing to say  the least, and seeing Scotty Steiner make his return from a back  injury to kick the hell out of Val Venis in the Main Event was well  worth the twenty five bucks I dished out for it. When Unleashed  came on air clips from last Sunday's Pay Per View Main Event were  shown, finally showing the clip of Scott Steiner coming out to aid  Booker T but before it finished a voice was heard on the screen,

"Cut the damn clips! Cut the clips now!"

The clips ceased and the cameras went to the arena where Jeff  Jarrett and Debra where in the ring. Jarrett had a microphone and  the crowd was booing his presence.

JEFF JARRETT: "It's time to turn the attention to where it's s'posed  to be, on the Chosen One and the man who last night single  handedly put an end to Diamond Dallas Page's career! That's right,  DDP is done and finished! I told his old increpit ass that I would end  his career, and now after the Great American Bash whether you like  it or not, it's a reality."

The crowd booed Jarrett's claims, but after thier brutal encounter  last Sunday and the fall that DDP took, Jarrett's claims could very  well have been true. WCW may have seen the last of Diamond Dallas  Page.

JEFF JARRETT: "But all you slapnuts just witnessed it, everytime the  Chosen One tops himself, it's always overshadowed by somethin'  else. Scott Steiner, I don't give a damn that your back in the  dubbya see dubbya for one reason or another, because the fact of  the matter remains... the Chosen One is the next WCW Heavyweight  Champion, whether that fits into your plans or not!"

Jarrett smiled at Debra, and the fans in the arena began chanting  "Steiner! Steiner! Steiner!"

JEFF JARRETT: "Ya'll can chant that man's name all ya' want, it  doesn't change a damn thing. In fact... in fact if he came out here  right now I'd give his ass a guitar shot that would send him into next  week!"

Oh really? It looked like Scott Steiner wanted to test that theory  because "Hollar if you hear me!" was heard, and the Big Bad Booty  Daddy came out to his cop siren entrance with Midajah at his side.  Jarrett looked like he had just about crapped his pants as Big Poppa  Pump walked to the ring with the medeival chain mail on his head.

Jeff had his silver six string in hand ready to attack, but as soon as  Steiner stepped into the ring... Jarrett slid to the outside and  grabbed Debra by the arm. They hurried out up the ramp while  Steiner stood in the ring with his arms widespread saying "come get  some." Jarrett claimed that he wasn't afraid of Steiner as Unleashed!  went to its first commercial break of the night.

EWR Rating: 82%

The show came back onto the air and finally the Unleashed! opening  video played then a pyro display was held at the rampway. The  camera panned around the arena catching all of the WCW fans, and  a guy with a bald head and goatee holding a sign that said "I want  Goldberg." Too bad Goldberg is still collecting a nice fat check from  AOL/ Time Warner for doing nothing but sitting at home. Finally we  went to Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson ringside.

SCOTT HUDSON: "A not so normal start of the show, but a start  never the less, hello everyone Scott Hudson here alongside Arn  Anderson and welcome to the most exciting two hours of the  weekend, welcome to another edition of World Championship  Wrestling's Unleashed!"

ARN ANDERSON: "The Great American Bash was an event like no  other, and if you were tuning in just a few moments ago you  discovered what could have been the biggest news coming out of  the show, Scott Steiner is back in World Championship Wrestling!"

SCOTT HUDSON: "That he is! It's great to have Scott Steiner back  in the WCW, if you ask me things weren't the same without Big  Poppa Pump. Fans, we've already kicked the show off explosively,  get ready for an explosive night, in tonight's Main Event the former  WCW Tag Team Champions of the World, Palumbo and O'Haire have  claimed their rematch for the World Tag Team Titles and they will  face the reigning Champions conway and Dinsmore."

ARN ANDERSON: "That's right, but right now lets head to the ring as  we kick things off with Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome taking on  Hugh Morrus and Shawn Stasiak."

TAG-TEAM MATCH

Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome versus Hugh Morrus and Shawn  Stasiak with Stacy Keibler

Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome came to the ring together using  Awesome's music and entrace video, they had a pretty good pop on  their arrival and shook hands with some of the fans with their  entrance. Hugh Morrus was out next and stormed to the ring with a  P.O'd look on his face, this was the man that cost Shane Helms the  WCW Cruiserweight title at the Great American Bash after Helms had  simply bumped into him in the hallway. Stasiak came out with Stacy,  and they seemed to not be on the same page, it could have been  the kiss from Bagwell last Sunday that Stacy didn't seem to dislike  so much, but who am I to say? Rob Van Dam and Shawn Stasiak  started the match off, with Van Dam gaining the offensive  advantage with a hammerlock after a go behind. After some  exchanges on the mat Van Dam was leveled with a runnning forearm  from Stasiak, cover for a two count. Mike Awesome recieved the tag  from Van Dam and came in fast unloading a flurry of punches, then  he whipped Stasiak into the ropes, he went for a big boot but Stacy  held onto his leg, stopping him and allowing the 'Mecca' to tag in  Hugh Morrus. The man equiped with a grittier, meaner attitude went  right to work and smashed Awesome with a body avalanche in the  corner before nailing a sit down powerbomb on the big man. Rob Van  Dam made the save at two, and Morrus tagged in Stasiak. They  double teamed Awesome and whipped him into the ropes before  going for a double team move but Awesome clotheslined both men  to the mat. After crawling to his corner he made the tag to Van  Dam.

THE FINISH: 'Mr. Saturday Night' ran into the ring and took Stasiak  off of his feet with a spin kick to the face. Hugh Morrus had rolled to  the outside and went to grab a chair, but out from the audience  came the man that he made the former Cruiserweight Champion,  Shane Helms. Helms leaped off of the guardrail and dropkicked the  steel chair right in Morrus' face! The crowd was alive as Helms  shouted at Morrus and then went back through the fans, in the ring  Rob Van Dam leaped off of the top and connected with the Five Star  Frog Splash on Shawn Stasiak for the win!

WINNER(S): @ 7:21, Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome

NOTES: It looks like WCW is going ahead with a Morrus/Helms feud,  could this be Helms' first test with the Heavyweights on his way up  the card?

RATING: -75%-71%-79%

When Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome got their hands raised to  signify the victory they were suddenly cut short by the sound of  "BUFF.... DADDAY!" over the speakers, and shortly thereafter the  WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Marcus 'Buff' Bagwell  came out onto the top of the ramp with a microphone, he was  applauding before he finally spoke.

BUFF BAGWELL: "Well, me oh my! Congratualations R-V-D, because  like me you just pinned Shawn Stasiak's ass to the mat for the 1, 2,  3! Ha, ha!"

Stasiak didn't find that very funny, and punched the mat while  Stacy calmed him down.

BUFF BAGWELL: "So the way I see it Van Dam, you just beat the  number one contenda' so how about next week you and me fo' this  title!?"

Bagwell took the United States Title belt off of his shoulder and held  it up, Van dam smiled and was handed a microphone.

ROB VAN DAM: "You want to defend that title against "R-V-D"  (complete with his pointy thumbs thingy) well hey you've got it!"

Awesome patted Van Dam on the back and Buff Bagwell was shown  smiling at the top of the ramp before the scene switched. Van Dam  and Bagwell for the WCW United States Title Next Week!

EWR Rating: 69%

From the arena the cameras headed to Shane McMahon's office,  where the WCW Owner sat in his desk with a smile on his face, and  he held up a red slip of paper in his hand.

SHANE MCMAHON: "Hello fans of World Championship Wrestling, and  WCW Superstars alike. Now you all are probably wondering why I am  talking to you, and more specifically what is this that I hold in my  hand."

The camera zoomed in on the slip of paper that McMahon had ahold  of, then it focused on Shane's face.

SHANE MCMAHON: "Well allow me to fill you in, you see for WCW the  Cruiserweight Division is an integral part of the company, so how  about we showcase the division at say the biggest event of the  Summer? Well, that's what we're going to do because at Bash at the  Beach Jamie Knoble will defend his Cruiserweight Title in a match I  am calling the Invite Only Cruiserweight Battle Royal."

Hmm.. it sounded interesting but how many people, and who would  be in it?

SHANE MCMAHON: "And this right here, the red slip of paper I have  in my hand is an invitation into that match. Over the next couple of  weeks many of the finest Cruiserweights that WCW has to offer will  open their lockers to find one of these hanging in it, only those who  are lucky enough to get one are in the match. With that enjoy the  rest of the show."

So there we have it, at Bash at the Beach Jamie Knoble will put the  Cruiserweight Title on the line in a Battle Royal full of guys hand  picked by Shane McMahon, I like the sounds of it. The cameras  faded to black and Unleashed went to commercial.

EWR Rating: 77%

NON-TITLE MATCH

Jamie Knoble (WCW Cruiserweight Champion) versus Crowbar

Unleashed came back from commercial break with the crazy Crowbar  already in the ring, not too long after the brand new WCW  Cruiserweight Champion of the World Jamie Knoble marched out to  the ring with an angry look on his face, perhaps it had to do with  the fact that at the Bash at the Beach he will have to defend his  title in the Invite Only Cruiserweight Battle Royal. Knoble got into  the ring and unstrapped his title, dropping it to the mat and  immeadiatly he started to go to work on Crowbar with hard right  hands. The Cruiserweight Champion applied an arm wringer on his  black haired opponent, and when Crowbar went to do a summersault  to counter it Knoble let go and dropped him right on his head! He  covered with his forearm across Crowbar's throat but only recieved  a two count. Crowbar battled back out of the corner with elbows  and kicks before leveling Knoble with a spear! He climbed to the top  rope and landed a beautiful flying cross body on the Champion but  Knoble kicked out at the last minute. Back to their feet and Knoble  leveled Crowbar with a jaw breaking short-arm clothesline!

THE FINISH: Knoble started to target more towards Crowbar's legs  eventually locking on a modified version of the Reverse Figure Four  Leglock, forcing Crowbar to tap out!

WINNER(S): @ 5:11, Jamie Knoble

NOTES: Knoble looked dominating in this one, I hope WCW gives him  some time with the strap as he is impressive as hell in the ring. That  new move could very well be his new finisher, but what will they call  it? We'll have to wait and see.

RATING: -68%-56%-81%

After Knoble was handed his Cruiserweight Title he climbed the  turnbuckle and raised it in the air before one of those good ol' video  packages from the WCW hype machine started to play.  Nineteen-eighties style heavy metal music played in the background,  and footage of Shawn Michaels and Marty Janetty in their "Midnight  Rockers" days was played.

"Decades ago, two high octane individuals ushered in a new style of  professional wrestling, and with it the face of professional wrestling  would never be the same."

The footage stopped, and two young Cruiserweight looking guys  decked out in new wave attire, but the same style tassled boots  and arm bands as Janetty and Michaels wore stood in front of a  caged wall.

"Two decades later, the face of professional wrestling will change  once again..... THE NEW MILLENIUM ROCKERS, arriving in World  Championship Wrestling at Bash at the Beach!"

EWR Rating: 61%

SCOTT HUDSON: "Fans stay tuned, when Unleashed returns we  expect to hear from the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Val  Venis!"

ARN ANDERSON: "I can assure you the champion isn't happy Scott!  Stay tuned fans."

After a brief commercial break the show returned, and Val Venis'  music was playing as the Heavyweight Champion walked to the ring  dressed in a red dress shirt and white slacks, the World Heavyweight  Title was over his shoulder. Venis didn't look to be in a very good  mood when he grabbed the microphone from David Pinzer, before he  could talk the fans cut him off with chants of "You-got-pinned-ah"  Venis snarled and finally started to talk.

VAL VENIS: "The Great American Bash, a night that will forever be  remembered by all of you worthless pieces of trash as the day that  your team overcame those "Evil Canadians" in the Six Man Tag-Team  Elimination Match, huh ha- and yes the day that the Big Valbowski  got pinned by Booker T."

Venis looked disgusted about having to say that, and the fans  changed their previous chant to a "You Suck" chant.

VAL VENIS: "But need I remind every single one of you that Booker T  had a little help in that affair, and that if it hadn't been for Scott  Steiner victory would have been the last thing that Booker T  tasted!"

Venis looked around and the camera showed fans holding up signs  supporting the former Heavyweight Champion of the world, Booker T.

VAL VENIS: "And on to you Booker T, the number one contender to  this hear Heavyweight Championship - Bash at the Beach will be no  different than Slamboree with one exception. Where you walked in  with the gold last time, The Big Valbowski now walks in with the  strap. But, make no mistake about it the outcome will be the same  as I will walk out of D.C. STILL The World Heavyweight Champion!  'Cause after all there's men that are good, there's those that are  great and then there's Val Venis! Huh huh ha!"

Venis dropped the microphone and headed to the back having said  his peace, I guess Booker T will be claiming his shot at the WCW  hampionship at Bash at the Beach!

EWR Rating: 76%

From there the scene switched to the locker room where III Count,  Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias were talking, Shannon opened up  his locker to reveal a red slip of paper hanging from the hook inside.  Shannon Moore grabbed the card and looked at it.

SHANNON MOORE: "You are invited to compete in the invite only  Battle Royal for the WCW Cruiserweight title at Bash at the Beach...  Shane McMahon"

"DUDE! I'm in!"

Moore smiled and Evan Karagias looked surprised, he opened up his  locker and he too found a red ticket hanging in it.

EVAN KARAGIAS: "Man! I'm in too!"

Moore and Karagias high fived each other and slipped the tickets  into their pockets before grabbing their bag and walking out of the  locker room with smiles on their faces. Chavo Guerrero junior was  shown in the opposite corner on crutches. He looked around the  empty locker room to see if anyone else was in there, and once he  was assured he was alone he opened up his locker to find that there  was no red ticket in it for him. He slammed the door shut and looked  disappointed as Unleashed went to commercial break.

EWR Rating: 57%

When the show returned, WCW backstage interviewer Pamela  Paulshock was seen with a microphone.

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "Hello everyone! Pamela here, and joining me is  none other than the man who at The Great American Bash last  Sunday lead his team to victory in the Six Man Elimination  encounter, Booker T!"

The camera panned back to reveal that Booker T was indeed  standing there, he had on his new t-shirt from WCW.com.

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "Booker T last Sunday you secured a shot at  the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Bash at the Beach,  but more surprising to everyone was the act that Scott Steiner, a  man who you were bitter enemies with came to your aid in the  match. What is the deal here Booker?"

Booker looked at the beautiful blonde interviewer for a second then  pulled the mic up to his mouth.

BOOKER T: "You wanna know what tha' deal is Pamela? Well let me  tell ya' what the deal is! The deal is that the Booker Man, the four  time WCW Champion is the numba' one contenda' and at Bash at the  Beach he is gonna make history by becoming the Five time! Five  time! Five time! Five time! Five time WCW Champion when he beats  Val Venis' punk ass fo' the title!"

The fans in the arena could be heard cheering as Pamela put the  microphone back to her mouth.

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "Well, what about Scott Steiner?"

BOOKER T: "Hell, what about Scott Steiner? I don't ma".....

Before Booker T could even say anything Big Poppa Pump and  Midajah had walked up to him. Steiner and Booker T stared into each  other's eyes not saying a word until Steiner took Paulshock's  microphone.

SCOTT STEINER: "What I did at the Great American Bash was just  business Booker T! I don't like you and you don't like me, but hell  even you make a better Champion than Venis... and just so you  know after you beat him for the title I'm gonna be the first one to  challenge ya' for it, and I'm gonna be the guy that takes it away!  It's as simple as that."

Big Poppa Pump and Midajah walked away, and the camera zoomed  in on Booker T's face for a few moments before going back into the  arena.

EWR Rating: 84%

In the arena the 'Ragin' Cajun,' Lash Leroux was making his way to  the ring, he shook hands with some of the fans before sliding in and  posing. Soon after Air Raid's jet takeoff music played and AJ Styles  and Air Paris walked out to the ring with the huge bald man that  debuted at the Great American Bash with them, Hudson informed us  that he was talking to Air Raid in the back and the man's name was  Ramon. Air Paris slid into the ring, and the other two stood at  ringside as he got set for singles action.

SINGLES MATCH

Air Paris w/ AJ Styles and Ramon versus Lash Leroux

Leroux caught the cocky Air Paris off guard with a quick offensive  flurry, and nailed a beautiful bridging Northern Lights Suplex but Air  Paris kicked out at two. A kick to the face stopped Leroux dead in  his tracks and Air Paris nailed him with a float over ddt. He went to  the top and dropped the leg but Leroux moved and Air Paris crashed  to the mat. Lash picked him up for the Whiplash and landed it!

THE FINISH: AJ Styles had jumped up on the apron acting like he  was trying to get into the ring, the referee however held him back.  This allowed the big man to run into the ring and lift Lash Leroux up  before nailing the huge spinning side walk Slam (ala Big Bossman).  Ramon rolled out of the ring and Air Paris nailed the Asai moonsault  for the 1, 2, 3.

WINNER(S): @ 3:21, Air Paris

NOTES: Wow, Lash Leroux gets squashed again, this trio looks to  have some promise, and Ramon who used to be known as Reno in  the old WCW in case you didn't recognize him (I don't think they  want you to) adds the muscle that may eventually lead these two  to Tag Team Gold. Hey it could happen.

RATING: -72%-55%-89%

Air Paris gained 2 points of overness

Air Paris got his hand raised in victory, immeadiatly after he began  stomping on Lash Leroux. Styles and Ramon came in and a beat  down ensued before the show went to commercial break.

SCOTT HUDSON: "Folks be sure to stay tuned, up next is the main  event and the WCW World Tag Team Titles are on the line, don't go  away!"

When the show returned Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo were  heading to the ring, I must say that looked naked without the WCW  World Tag Team Titles around their waists, they taunted the fans  before Conway and Dinsmore's music started up. They walked out  with the WCW World Tag-Team titles proudly strapped around their  waists and shook hands with all of the fans on their way to the ring.  The Tag Champions carefully kept their eyes on the challengers in  the ring as they entered the squared circle.

WCW WORLD TAG-TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore© versus Sean O'Haire and Chuck  Palumbo

Nick Patrick held the Tag Team Titles in the air for everyone to see,  then called for the bell. Conway and O'Haire started things off with a  tye up, O'Haire shoved Conway backwards and into the corner.  O'Haire nailed some hard knees into Conway's midesection before  whipping him into the opposite corner, Conway hit with such impact  he fell to the mat holding his back. O'Haire and Palumbo kept  Conway in their corner utilizing quick tags. After a pump handle slam  Palumbo covered but Dinsmore made the save. After Conway landed  on his feet when Palumbo pressed him in the air, He decked him hard  with his knockout right hand shot. Both men lied on the mat, and  after some time Conway tagged was able to tag in Dinsmore. Nick  came in and knocked Palumbo to the mat with a dropkick before  working over the legs with an indian deathlock, Palumbo made it to  the ropes. Conway used his technical skills to give him the edge on  the more powerful Plaumbo, but Chack caught Dinsmore off guard  and clotheslines him out to the floor. He followed after Dinsmore and  began brawling on the outside, soon after conway and O'Haire joined  in, and the referee tried his best to regain order.

THE FINISH: Dinsmore slid back into the ring as O'Haire and Conway  battled on outside of the ring, he turned around and Chuck Palumbo  had slid in the opposite side, he went for the Jungle Kick - Dinsmore  side stepped and Palumbo missed, he turned around and Dinsmore  rolled him up with an inside cradle, but somehow Palumbo tilted his  weight turning the move on Dinsmore, Palumbo was in reach and  grabbed the rope unbeknown to the referee, 1, 2, Conway tried to  roll into the ring and break the count but it was too late, 3! O'Haire  and Palumbo were once again the WCW World Tag Team Champions  ending Conway and Dinsmore's reign at six days.

WINNER(S): @ 12:11, Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo (New WCW  World Tag-Team Champions)

NOTES: Wow, I really wasn't expecting a title change so soon but  with that finish it looks like this feud isn't over, I see a rematch  coming at the Bash at the Beach anyone else?

RATING: -67%-57%-78%

The WCW Tag Titles gained in image

Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore looked upset having lost the Tag  titles, O'Haire and Palumbo laughed and raised the titles in the air as  Unleashed went off of the air.

Overall Show Rating: 70%

Television Rating: 5.47

Attendance: 4006 people

Ticket Sales: $160,240

World Championship Wrestling's

End of the month company round up.

The end of the month's financial configuring spelled good news for World Championship Wrestling as the company gained nearly $4,000 in profit! Not only that but a survey by the company suggested that it was now trading at a global level with 16% fan interest, still nowhere near the WWF's 74% image WCW is surely on the rebound and rising back nicely.

But with the good comes the bad. Shane McMahon had been proposing the idea of getting TNN to air a second weekly WCW Television program preferably on Sunday Night's to run again HeAt, but TNN rejected the idea stating "Thanks for the promo tapes - we're not currently looking for new programming, but feel free to try again in a few months time."

Try again Shane McMahon would not, instead he would send out a proposal to MTV, the network that hosted the WWF's HeAt program he would hear back from them by the end of the month.

Pay Per View Comparisons:

WWF got a 1.57 PPV buy rate for 'King Of The Ring'!

The event was attended by 16555 people.

They made $3925000 from pay-per-view revenue.

They made $993300 from ticket sales.

WCW got a 0.92 buy rate for 'Great American Bash'!

The attendance was 11466 people.

They made $2300000 from pay-per-view revenue.

They made $687960 from ticket sales.

Level One Wrestling Notes:

Jason Jett in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Over (1 point); Brawling (1 point); Charisma (1 point); Speed (2 points); Technique (3 points);

the WALL in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Over (1 point); Brawling (1 point); Speed (2 points); Technique (3 points); Charisma (3 points);

Daffney in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Technique (1 point); Over (2 points); Brawling (2 points); Speed (2 points); Charisma (3 points);

Christopher Daniels in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Over (3 points); Brawling (2 points); Charisma (2 points);

Ron Waterman in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Speed (1 point); Technique (1 point); Over (2 points); Brawling (2 points); Charisma (3 points);

David Flair wants to be promoted to the full roster.

Paisley in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Over (2 points); Brawling (3 points); Speed (2 points); Technique (2 points); Charisma (3 points);

Michael Modest in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Over (1 point); Speed (1 point); Brawling (2 points); Technique (3 points); Charisma (3 points);

Jayson Reign in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Over (4 points); Brawling (3 points); Speed (3 points); Technique (2 points); Charisma (2 points);

Seven in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Technique (1 point); Over (3 points); Brawling (2 points); Speed (2 points); Charisma (2 points);

Jimmy Rave in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Over (1 point); Brawling (3 points); Speed (2 points); Technique (2 points); Charisma (2 points);

Michael Shane in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Brawling (1 point); Charisma (1 point); Over (4 points); Speed (3 points); Technique (2 points);

Teddy Hart in Level One Wrestling has improved in the following areas: Speed (1 point); Over (2 points); Brawling (3 points); Technique (2 points); Charisma (2 points)

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

The hottest rumors on the Net!

WCW UNLEASHED! PREVIEW 7/7/01

WCW had the following posted on their site earlier today;

This week on Unleashed there is set to be a huge showdown for the WCW United States Championship. The match was made last week after Rob Van Dam pinned Shawn Stasiak in Tag-Team action, WCW US Champion Buff Bagwell announced that he would put the title on the line against 'Mr. Saturday Night' on Unleashed. Can Bagwell hang onto the title, or will the innovative Van Dam walk away with his first taste of WCW Gold?

Shane Helms and Hugh Morrus have a problem; they don't like each other. After costing Helms the Cruiserweight title at the Great American Bash, Hugh Morrus is maniacle and more fearce than we've ever seen him. Shane Helms wants revenge, and this week he has his chance as these two men meet one on one!

After being confronted by 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner last week, Jeff Jarrett will be in action, for a man that claims he doesn't fear the Big Bad Booty Daddy Jarrett doesn't seem to want to be anywhere near him. In the night's Main Event Booker T goes one on one with one half of the new WCW Tag-Team Champions in Sean O'Haire weeks before his World Title Showdown with Val Venis at Bash at the Beach. All this and more on another exciting edition of WCW Unleashed on TNN!

Confirmed Matches:

-Shane Helms versus Hugh Morrus

-Booker T versus Sean O'Haire

-Rob Van Dam versus Buff Bagwell for the WCW United States Title

Edited by Idolized

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

The Hottest Rumors on the Net!

NEW MILLENIUM ROCKERS REVEALED

For those of you wondering, Wrestling-Heat.com informs you the two men in the "New Millenium Rockers" hype videos that have been airing on WCW programming recently are Level One Wrestling Developmental Wrestlers Brian "Spanky" Kendrick and Paul London. Both men are graduates of the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy and where some of the first to recieve developmental deals when Shane McMahon took control of the company. Kendrick wrestled in this year's ECWA Super Eight Tournament and recieved rave reviews across the country before signing on to WCW. It is believed they will be using their real names (Kendrick and London) and will be a face Tag Team in the Cruiserweight Tag Division. Talk is that they will make their WCW in ring debut at the Bash at the Beash Pay Per View.

CRUISERWEIGHTS GETTING A CALL UP?

Shane McMahon's Cruiserweight Invite Only Battle Royal at the Bash at the Beach has been causing quite the stir around the internet, the thought right now is that over the next couple of weeks we may be seeing some of the best developmental wrestlers in Level One (A roster that mainly consists of Cruiserweights) get the call up and participate in the Battle Royal. Michael Modest has been voicing his opinion for weeks that he should be a part of the active roster, perhaps we will be seeing him on Television soon.

SHANE MCMAHON AND MTV HOLDING TALKS

After being turned down by TNN about a plan of having another weekly show added to the lineup for World Championship Wrestling, Shane McMahon has been having talks with executives of MTV, the company that holds the WWF's HeAt on Sundays. More to you as we get it.

It was a nice show, and seemed WCW/WWFish. I must ask the point of changing the titles both times, but it is like what a real promotion would do. Gives the crowd the shock value of "anything can happen."

Just got around to reading this diary, and I must say it's a gem.

I think I was one of the few people to actually enjoy WCW around this time before the buyout. And I always thought the WWE could have done alot more with the whole WCW buyout thing.

I love the Val Venis push. Val Venis is always been one of my favorites, and I'm glad to see his getting a huge push in this diary.

Glad to see you're giving Hugh Morrus a push too I was a fan of his durring his MIA days, and I enjoyed his feud with Lance Storm over the US title. Too bad WWE shit all over him.

I'm hoping Billy Kidman turns on Rey Mysterio soon, I love Heel Billy Kidman, and a Rey and Kidman feud would just rock.

BatB looks to be a good card so far, keep up the good work, I'll be reading for sure. :thumbsup:

user posted image

FROM WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WCW UNLEASHED! RESULTS 7/7/01

sent in by Wrestleboy8601

The build-up to the Bash at the Beach has already began with the  World Heavyweight Title Match between WCW Champion Val Venis  and Booker T, and Shane McMahon's Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only  Battle Royal being signed, I wouldn't be surprised if more are added  to the card tonight either. The show came onto the air and the opening video played accompanied by the usual pyro display at the  ramp way. After overlooking the viewing audience, finally we went to  Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson at ringside.

SCOTT HUDSON: "Hello everyone Scott Hudson here alongside, as always, the Enforcer Arn Anderson and welcome to the most exciting wresting action of the weekend, welcome to WCW Unleashed!"

ARN ANDERSON: "Welcome fans and get ready for an explosive night as we will see the United States Title on the line when the champion Buff Bagwell puts up the gold against 'Mr. Saturday Night,’ Rob Van Dam."

SCOTT HUDSON: "The United States Title is such an integral part of the company, and its awesome getting to see it defended here on Unleashed Arn. But tonight the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship will be in action as well when Booker T goes one on one with half of the new Tag Team Champions in Sean O’Haire."

SINGLES CONTEST

'Sugar' Shane Helms versus Hugh Morrus

Before Hudson or Anderson could say another word, Hugh Morrus’ music began playing and the big man methodically marched his way to the ring, he looked and pointed at the fans spouting off cold remarks, he's a real nice guy you know. Then it was time for Helms’ entrance, and the former Cruiserweight Champion skipped out on the Sugar Babies and the dance number, as he was all business.  'Sugar' Shane rushed down the ramp and slid into the ring, going at Morrus right off the bat with hard rights and lefts, it got the big man reeling but Helms made the mistake of trying to play the power game by whipping Morrus into the ropes, Hugh reversed and sent Shane flying, before lifting him up into Samoan Drop position then dropping to his ass. Helms' body flew off of Morrus' back and Shane shouted in pain, Hugh just placed one foot on Shane's chest. Helms was able to get the shoulder up but it wasn't like Morrus wasn’t expecting it. Morrus used his power for the next few moments tossing Helms around, but the "Sensation of Innovation" would come to counter Morrus military press slam and catch him with the Sugar Smack and shining wizard. Helms covered but Morrus kicked out at two.

THE FINISH: Hugh Morrus snapped after once again getting planted with a 'Sugar Smack' from Shane Helms, and rolled out of the ring before grabbing a steel chair. He held the chair up after gaining a footing back in the ring, and Shane Helms let out a right hand that sent the chair right into Hugh Morrus' face! All that did however was anger the big man who took both hands and grabbed Shane by the neck before hitting a double arm sit out choke slam onto the chair!  The referee called for the bell.

WINNER(S): @ 8:21 as a result of a Double Disqualification, a no contest ruling.

AFTERMATH: Morrus wasn't done however and shoved the referee out of his way. He set the chair up, then tucked Shane's head in  between his legs and crashed Helm's body onto (and collapsing) the  chair! Morrus laughed hysterically and then left the ring as his opponent lied broken.

NOTES: Hugh Morrus walks away looking like a bad ass, Shane has next week to get his revenge, not too bad of a match.

RATING: -67%-65%-70%

Before Unleashed! Went to commercial break we the viewers were taken to the back where Pamela Paulshock was standing by with Jeff Jarrett and his 'business associate' Debra. The 'Chosen One’ was in his ring attire, and not without his stylish shades.

PAMELA PAULSHOCK: "Hello everyone Pam here and I'm standing by  with Jeff Jarrett, now Jeff after last week the question on  everyone's mind is.... are you afraid of Scott Steiner?"

Jarrett did a double take as if his ears had deceived him and Debra rolled her eyes at the blonde interviewer.

JEFF JARRETT: "Pamela, you know somethin'? You ARE as dumb as everyone says you are."

The interviewer looked hurt by Jarrett's comments.

JEFF JARRETT: "I'll tell ya' what, you get your ass on outta' here cause the chosen one is gonna set everyone straight."

Debra pushed Pamela out of the interview position and Jeff Jarrett took off his shades, then the Chosen One looked into the camera.

JEFF JARRETT: "Scott Steiner, you over inflated freak... you’re about the last man that I fear around this place. I'll tell ya' what Scott, how about you and me one on one at the Bash at the Beach, in a Weapon of Choice Match! Let me explain it so you're peanut sized brain can comprehend that. What that means is the two of us can each bring one weapon into the Bash and use it legally, what do you say Big Poppa? I'll tell ya' what, you get back to me on that!"

Jarrett slid his glasses back on and tossed the mic, then he and Debra walked off as Unleashed went to a commercial break.

EWR Rating: 80%

When the show came back on the air a few clips on how this week’s United States Championship Match came about with Rob Van Dam pinning Shawn Stasiak in Tag Team action, and Buff Bagwell challenging him to a match. The show went into the arena where “BUFF DADDAAAAAY!" was heard, and the WCW United States  Champion came flexing and muscle posing out to the top of the  ramp. Complete with shades and top hat Bagwell shook hands with a few fans, and got into the ring before going to a corner and posing once more.

From there Rob Van Dam's music hit, and the cameras went to the back to show Van Dam leaving his locker room and heading toward the ring. RVD walked with confidence, but out of nowhere he was clubbed from behind! Van Dam hit the concrete floor, and the camera revealed that Lance Storm was the man attacking him!  Storm picked RVD up and whipped him into once of the shipping crates in the backstage area! RVD tried to fight back but Storm picked up a television monitor and layed him out!

The cameras returned to the arena where Buff Bagwell was looking at the Jumbo Tron seeing the whole attack take place. Seconds later Lance Storm walked out onto the stage with a microphone in hand.

LANCE STORM: "If I could be serious for a moment"

The fans booed the Canadian mercilessly

LANCE STORM: "Buff, it appears that your challenger for the evening has taken his leave but if you are half the Champion that you claim you are you will accept my challenge for that title, right now!"

Bagwell didn't have to think it over; he laid the US Title out before him and told Storm to "come take it." Storm had that on his mind and we had ourselves a new match for the United States title.

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

Lance Storm versus Buff Bagwell©

In the early going of the match, Buff lead the match with his power advantage on Storm, knocking the challenger to the mat with a swinging neck breaker. He got two on that, after sending Storm into the ropes Bagwell went for a back body drop that was scouted, and Storm leap frogged of his opponent, then clubbed him to the mat with a clothesline. Storm worked over Bagwell's legs, and after locking on his Maple Leaf Bagwell barely managed to get to the ropes. He got the advantage back after countering Storm’s attempt at a dropkick, leveling him with a side slam and subsequent backbreaker. After a two count Bagwell lifted Storm up, Storm kicked him in the midsection and they began brawling once again.  The two battled into the corner. The referee tried to free the two from the turnbuckle, but Storm backed up and clotheslined the Champion over the ropes, knocking down the referee in the process.  They fought on the outside, and after knocking Bagwell into the stairs, Storm rolled him into the ring.

THE FINISH: Storm brought the United States Championship into the ring and went to level Bagwell with it, but Buff moved out of the way and Storm smashed into the turnbuckle dropping the belt.  Bagwell scooped Storm up and slammed him down, then called for the Blockbuster. He climbed up to the second turnbuckle, but Storm grabbed the belt again and tossed it to Bagwell, Buff caught it and Storm jumped up and landed a super kick to the belt - to the face of the champion. Bagwell fell to the mat, and Storm revived the referee making the cover and scoring the win.

WINNER(S): @ 7:54 Lance Storm, New United States Champion

NOTES: Wow, I didn't see a title change coming tonight, especially when Storm wasn't supposed to be getting the shot. Let's see where this develops.

RATING: -75%-76%-74%

The United States Championship gained in image

Storm was handed the United States championship and he held it in the air smiling after having just cheated his way into his third United States Championship reign. Bagwell can't believe what just went down as the camera showed him holding his jaw while the scene went to the backstage area.

When the camera went to the back Konnan, Rey Misterio junior, Billy  Kidman and Juventud Guerrera, the Filthy Animals were shown.  Kidman and Misterio were seated on the locker room bench with the  Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles, Konnan and Juventud where  standing up, and speaking of Juvi he was holding a red ticket in his  hand, the same kind of red ticket that Jason Jett had.

KONNAN: "So Juvi, you gonna represent tha' animal's in the Invite  Only Battle Royal, you better win that thing essa."

JUVENTUD GUERRERA: "Oh, I will it, make no fuss about that."

REY MISTERIO: "How about you dawg, you've gothca' big return  'bout next."

BILLY KIDMAN: "Yeah against Air Raid's juggernaut, Ramon."

KONNAN: "Yo, holmies I've got it covered, there ain’t any way the K-Dawg is goin' down tonight. You comin' with me?"

Misterio and Kidman followed Konnan out the door while Juvi looked  at his ticket, and Unleashed went to commercial break.

EWR Rating: 70%

When the show came back on the air Ramon (who though he looks  quite different used to be known as Reno in WCW) and Air Raid (AJ  Styles and Air Paris) were in the ring, Styles and Paris were warming  their big man up for his one on one contest. Then it was Konnan's  turn and he came out with the Cruiserweight Tag Champions,  Misterio and Kidman. Konnan got in the ring, but before he could do  his usual shtick on the microphone, Ramon clubbed him from behind  knocking the mic out of his hand.

SINGLES CONTEST

Konnan w/ Rey Misterio and Billy Kidman versus Ramon w/ Air Paris &  AJ Styles

Konnan and Ramon went at it with brawling tactics early on, Konnan  gained the advantage with the rolling thunder clothesline. K-Dawg  kicked and stomped at the enforcer of the Air Raid threesome.  Ramon regained the advantage countering Konnan hip-toss and  tossing the Mexican star with one of his own. Over the next few  moments Ramon and Konnan exchanged blows, The Cruiserweight  Tag Champs and Air Raid got into the mix battling each other.

THE FINISH: Air Raid and the Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions  battled on the outside, and got Konnan distracted, the big man  Ramon lifted Konnan up and nailed a spinning sidewalk Slam that  Hudson aptly dubbed the Flight Delay, hooking the leg and scoring  the pinfall.

WINNER(S): @ 5:21, Ramon

NOTES: wasn't expecting Ramon to go over Konnan, could we be  seeing Air Raid and the Filthy animals for the Cruiserweight Tag  team Titles?

RATING: -68%-65%-71%

Ramon gained 1 point of overness

Ramon rolled out of the ring and was soon joined by AJ Styles and  Air Paris they celebrated on the ramp way as The Filthy Animals  regrouped in the ring as the show went to another commercial.

When the show returned to the air, a new star was making his  entrance to the ring. Jason Jett had worked for the company  previously and has been working for months in WCW's developmental  fed, he was here and on the active roster waiting for his opponent.

Butterflies must have been stirring in the kid's stomach however  when he heard Jeff Jarrett's music take the public address. soon  after the Chosen One walked out with Debra by his side, Jarrett had  to be keeping an eye over his shoulder for Scott Steiner after  challenging him earlier on in the evening.

SINGLES CONTEST

Jason Jett versus Jeff Jarrett w/ Debra

Jarrett seemed to be taking Jett lightly early on, but the newcomer  soon showed Jarrett that he wasn't one to be taken lightly knocking  the chosen one down with a standing dropkick, then subsequent  Japanese arm drags. the crowd really started getting behind Jett as  he proved himself against one of the company's top stars. after  hitting a combo Cobra clutch and Russian leg sweep roll through Jett  had Jarrett's shoulders pinned to the mat but Jarrett kicked out at  the last possible second. After hitting a low blow Jarrett targeted  the legs of Jason Jett, and locked on the figure four leg lock. Jett  refused to tap out and through all of the agony made it to the  ropes. He got back to his feet, and held his own with Jarrett some  more.

THE FINISH: Jett once a locked up Jarrett's arm and head, and went  for the Russian leg sweep roll through thingy he did, but Jarrett  countered with some elbows to the face and went for the Stroke -  Jett countered again and knocked Jeff down with a standing  dropkick! He lifted Jarrett to his feet, but the veteran Jarrett  gouged Jett's eye with the ref not being in position to see and  nailed the newcomer with the Stroke for the pinfall!

WINNER(S): @ 8:11, Jeff Jarrett

NOTES: Great, great showing by Jett, what a way to redebut.  Thumbs up to Jarrett for handling the match professionally.

RATING: -76%-64%-88%Jasonn Jett debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response

Jarrett's arm was raised and Debra joined him in the ring, then all of  a sudden his music quit playing and was replaced with the all too  familiar sound of a police siren. It was Big Poppa Pump, and Steiner  with Midajah at his side walked to the ring. Jarrett motioned for  Debra to get out of the ring and waited for Steiner. Scott got in the  ring and the two started to go at it, I punch you, you punch me  until Steiner hooked Jarrett up and planted him with a belly to belly  suplex! Steiner motioned to Midajah and she tossed him a lead pipe!  Jeff got to his feet and Steiner swung the pipe - Jarrett dropped to  his ass and rolled out of the ring just in time. He grabbed Debra and  flead the ring as quick as he could, meanwhile Steiner grabbed a  microphone.

SCOTT STEINER: "Hey Jeff Jarrett! I've got my weapon, you bring  yours, and I’ll see your ass at Bash at the Beach!"

Steiner dropped the microphone, and one last look at Jeff Jarrett at  the top of the ramp before the show went to commercial. Jeff  Jarrett may regret the day he ever challenged Steiner to a match.

Before the actual show came back on, the New Millennium Rockers  hype video aired, as Nineteen-eighties style heavy metal music  played in the background, and footage of Shawn Michaels and Marty  Janetty in their "Midnight Rockers" days was played.

"Decades ago, two high octane individuals ushered in a new style of  professional wrestling, and with it the face of professional wrestling  would never be the same."

The footage stopped, and two young Cruiserweight looking guys  decked out in new wave attire, but the same style tasseled boots  and arm bands as Janetty and Michaels wore stood in front of a  caged wall.

"Two decades later, the face of professional wrestling will change  once again..... THE NEW MILLENIUM ROCKERS, arriving in World  Championship Wrestling at Bash at the Beach!"

EWR Rating: 62%

Back to the show we picked things up in the locker room where the  young  Jason Jett was shown shaking his head and looking  disappointed after losing his hard fought match with Jeff Jarrett just  moments ago. Jett wiped the sweat off of his face with the towel  around his neck and then opened his locker up to find - you guessed  it, a red ticket hanging inside. Jett's face had a smile on it as he  read off that he was now invited into the Cruiserweight title Match  at the Bash at the Beach.

Jett tucked the ticket away, and the cameras veered to the other  side of the locker room where Chavo Guerrero was shown (on  crutches.) Chavo looked inside of his locker to find nothing at all, he  shook he head and slammed the locker shut as the scene came to a  close.

EWR Rating: 65%

Jason Jett gained 3 points of overness

When the show went back to the arena, the lovely Stacy Keibler  looking hot as always was next to Shawn 'the Star' Stasiak who had  a microphone in his hand. Stasiak and Stacy shared a kiss before his  music died down and he gave the microphone to Stacy.

STACY KEIBLER: "How many of you handsome men out there want  to see me dance?"

I DO! As did about four thousand other guys in the audience who  voiced their support of the idea.

STACY KEIBLER: "Well... It's not going to happen! (damn it!) And  that's because it's time you all listen to the only guy that matters,  Shawn 'The Star' Stasiak!"

Stacy smiled and the fans booed as she gave the microphone to  Stasiak.

SHAWN STASIAK: "Shut up! Listen! And learn! (A loud FUCK YOU!  was heard, but I take it security silenced the man quickly as he  wasn't heard the rest of the night) The man, the star of the show is  out here to send out his congratulations to the brand new WCW  United States Champion. Now I know what you're thinking, why  would I, the Mecca of Manliness of all People want to congratulate  Lance Storm. Well it's simple I congratulate him for finally getting  the title off of the sorry disgrace of a former US Champion that we  had in Buff Bagwell!"

The crowd hates Stasiak and they tell him that

SHAWN STASIAK: "And not only that, he took out that sorry  Busch-leaguer Rob Van Dam before he got the shot at the United  States title, the shot he didn't deserve to begin with. (R-V-D!  chants started to liven up.) Oh, it's true and I'm sick and tired of  the way he's been getting everything handed to him on a silver  platter. Main Events of Pay Per Views, shots at titles that IIIII  earned, Van Dam is pathetic and if it was me that took him out, he  would never be able to walk again let alone do that stupid thing he  does with his thumbs! Do it with me guys (Stasiak mocked R-V-D's  thumb gestures) Sta-Si-Ak! Sta-Si-Ak!"

THAAAAAATS AWESSSSSSSSOME!" No more playing around, Mike  Awesome had heard enough, and marched out to the ring. Stasiak  grabbed Stacy by the arm and when Awesome got into the ring, he  pushed Stacy into him and then slid out of the ring! Awesome  wouldn't touch Stacy, instead he mouthed off to Stasiak who high  tailed it to the back not wanting anything to do with a fight with  Awesome.

EWR Rating: 59%

SCOTT HUDSON: "Folks don't go away it's one half of the tag team  champions against the number one contender to the World  Heavyweight Title."

ARN ANDERSON: "Booker T and Sean O'Haire is next!"

When the show returned from commercial, Team Canada's music  was playing, and the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Val Venis  had made his way out, Venis took a seat at the commentary  position, I guess we had a guest commentator for the evening.  Hudson and Anderson welcomed him to the team.

The Tag Team Champions were out next, O'Haire and Palumbo came  out together even though this was a singles contest. They made  sure not to mingle with any of the fans at ringside, then O'Haire  handed his partner his Tag Title and waited for Booker T's arrival.  Venis stated that he thought O'Haire would get the job done tonight  against the number one contender.

Booker was out next, and he received a loud pop from the fans, the four times WCW Champion posed at the top of the ramp to a pyro  display then walked to the ring. He pointed at Val Venis who stood  up and acted as if he was going to go after him, then Booker T slid  into the ring and O'Haire quickly started things off laying the boots  to his opponent.

SINGLES CONTEST

Booker T versus Sean O'Haire w/ Chuck Palumbo

O'Haire and Booker T battled back and fourth in the early going,  Chuck Palumbo kept trying to get involved allowing O'Haire to gain  the offensive advantage at various times in the match. Booker T  had the match seemingly won but O'Haire took the referee out,  tossing him over the top rope.

THE FINISH: Palumbo grabbed a Tag Title and came into the ring, he  hit Booker T from behind and the Tag Champions began double  teaming him. Venis ran into the ring, and while O'Haire and Palumbo  held onto Booker's arms Venis punched his challenger in the face.  Soon Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore ran into the ring and evened  the score. They took out Venis and Palumbo, and in the entire melee  Booker T scored with the Book End, and a new referee counted the  three awarding him the match.

WINNER(S): @ 7:21 Booker T

NOTES: The fans were seemingly most into this match up during the  night, and both O'Haire and Booker looked good in the ring.

RATING: -78%-79%-79%

Venis came back into the ring and he and Booker T went at it,  Conway and Dinsmore chased Palumbo back in as well and the show  ended with the huge brawl engulfing the ring.

Television Rating: 5.43

Attendance: 4040 people

Ticket Sales: $161,600

user posted image

FROM WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

WCW UNLEASHED! RESULTS 7/14/01

results sent in by WrestlingReligously21

Well WrestleBoy was unable to jot down the results for Unleashed this week, so Wrestling-Heat handed me the task of doing so. If you don't like them take it up with Wrestleboy as he will be back on the job next week. Remember I'm just the messenger and you shouldn't shoot the messenger.......

WCW Unleashed! Results

July 14, 2001 live from Fargo, ND

Unleashed! opened up with the normal opening video followed with a  brief highlight video focusing on the United States Title Situation -  and the events that unfolded when Lance Storm attacked Rob Van  Dam in the backstage area, forcing him to be unable to claim his  shot at Buff Bagwell's title, the highlight video went on to show  Storm challenge Bagwell, and after blasting him with the United  States Title Belt, pin the champion and claim the prize.

The pyro display was then shown on stage, and the cameras  focused their attention to the ring where the new WCW United  States Heavyweight Champion stood in the ring. The US Title looked  a little different tonight as it was strapped over Storm's waist, that  was due to the fact that Storm had "decorated" the belt by  covering up the US Flag and eagle with a Canadian Flag sticker, and  another that said "Canadian Heavyweight Champion." Storm's Team  Canada music died down, then the United States Champion was  handed a microphone.

Lance Storm: "Each and everyone of you fans in the arena should  stand up and applaud me, after all last week I performed one of the  most charitable acts World Championship Wrestling has ever seen. I  took a defiled, broken down and meaningless title off of a broken  down, steroid injected, never was that served as its Champion. I  took a title that was nothing more than a meaningless piece of  leather and gold, and after renaming the Canadian Heavyweight  Championship, once again honor has been restored to this title  around my waist."

The crowd vocied the disapproval of Storm, and started a "You  suck" chant.

Lance Storm: "Let's face it, the greatest athletes this sport has  seen, they've all come from the Great White North. Last week I took  initiative, and after seeing Rob Van Dam handed a shot at the  United States title I did the honorable thing, I took him out. The  fans of World Championship Wrestling shouldn't be subjected to title  matches involving participants that don't deserve to be in them to  begin with. Just what kind of a Champion would Van Dam make  anyway, coming out to the ring, flopping around and doing that  stupid thing with his thumbs. This is WRESTLING Rob, and in this ring I am the epitome of the word WRESTLER. And Rob".......

Before Storm could say another word he was cut off by the music of  Rob Van Dam. RVD came out through the curtain wearing a singlet  with a multi colored dragon down the front, after shaking hands with  a few of the fans he stepped into the ring and was handed a  microphone as well. Van Dam held the microphone up to his mouth  but couldn't start talking because of the lud chants of "RVD! RVD!"  Finally he started talking.

Rob Van Dam: "Was it just me, or did I just hear Lance Storm say  that 'Mr. Saturday Night,' R-V-D! didn't deserve a title shot?"

Van Dam looked around the ring at the crowd who still chanted his  name.

Rob Van Dam: "Well Lance, it's plain to see that all of these  people here in Fargo North Dakota (cheap pop), would love to see  The WCW United States Champion Lance Storm"....

Lance Storm: "That's the Canadian Heavyweight Champion Lance  Storm!"

Rob Van Dam: "Hey, whatever dude, how about right here tonight  you put that title on the line against everyone's favorite superstar,  R-V-D."

Storm thought it over but before he could say anything he was  interrupted by Shawn Stasiak who marched out of the back with  Stacy Keibler and a microphone."

Shawn Stasiak: "Hold it, hold it right there! (Stasiak got into the  ring, while Stacy stood outside.) I will not stand by and allow for  Rob Van Dam to get another shot at the United States Title before  me! (Storm, in frustration repeated "Canadian Heavyweight title.")  Everyone knows Van Dam, that when you pinned me, the star of the  show a couple weeks ago it was a fluke. And by god, you will not  take my shot again".....

Stasiak took the microphone and smacked Van Dam right in the  mouth. Van Dam hit the mat, and Stasiak quickly started putting the  boots to RVD and was soon joined by the United States Champion  himself. They beat on RVD until Mike Awesome ran down to the ring  and evened the score, the four men brawled in the ring until another  voice was heard.

"Stop it, right there"

Suddenly the former United States Champion, Buff Bagwell came out  from the back and he too had a microphone, just how many mics  does the place have?

Buff Bagwell: "Now before any of ya'll start arguing and fighting over  who gets the next shot, allow Buff Daddy to inform ya' of a little  rule. You see as the former US Champion that means Buff Daddy  recieves the first shot!"

Awesome, Stasiak and Van Dam stared at each other in the ring,  Storm rolled out and picked up one of the discarded microphones.

Lance Storm: "As a true Canadian athlete, and fighting Champion I  do not fear a single one of you. As a matter of fact, if you all want  a shot at the Canadian Heavyweight title you'll get it at Bash at the  Beach in a match straight from my ingenious mind. You'll get your  shot in the first ever Canadian Fury Penalty Box Match."

Storm dropped the microphone and all of the other men looked a  micture of pleased and confused, Anderson and Hudson asked  themselves just what in the hell was a "Canadian Fury Penalty Box  Match" as Unleashed went to commercial break.

EWR Rating: 72%

When Unleashed returned to the air, we were taken to Scott  Hudson and Arn Anderson at ringside, they said they had been  informed of the rules of Lance Storm's "Canadian Fury Penalty Box  Match." The Jumbo Tron displayed the rundown of what the match  would be;

- All five men fight in the match at the same time.

- Positioned on each side of the ring will be wooden "Penalty Boxes."

- The United States Title hangs from the ceiling, the first man to  climb a ladder and retrieve the title will be the United States  Champion.

- Pinfall and submissions may occur in the matchup, should a person  be pinned or submit they will have to go inside of one of the Penalty  Boxes for a duration of two minutes.

- No combatant may leave the Penalty box until the two minute  time period is up.

EWR Rating: 90%

After the information went off the screen, Big Vito made his way to the ring, seeing singles action in WCW for the first time in a long time. The proud and fiery italian stretched in the corner waiting for the arrival of his opponent. The wait wasn't long however as Hugh Morrus' music replaced his and the dude with an attitude quickly stormed the ring.

Singles Match

Big Vito versus Hugh Morrus

Morrus quickly got things going flooring Vito to the mat with a lariat, Hugh just punished Vito in this one, clubbing the Italian with Axe Handle smashes, and shouting "Is that all you got!?" and "Come on! Get up!" Vito battled out of the corner, sick of getting his ass beat and had Morrus reeling backwards, but he made the mistake of trying to send the big man into the ropes, Morrus instead sent Vito into the ropes and leveled him with a powerslam with authority! Morrus dragged Vito over to the corner and the siglet straps came down, No Laughing Matter off of the top rope and Morrus gets the 1, 2, 3.

Winner: Hugh Morrus (via pinfall)

-60%-55%-65%

Morrus stayed on his knees, looking down at Big Vito who wasn't moving. Morrus laughed hysterically, the dude is a freakin' weirdo. But Shane Helms' music took over the public address and caught his attention, then the former WCW Cruiserweight Champion, the 'Sensation of Innovation' walked out to the top of the rampway with a microphone.

Shane Helms: "Hugh Morrus, at the Great American Bash it was a simple mistake on my part, I ran into you and threw manners out the window. Next time I'll make sure I tell ya' to move your fat ass outta' my way!"

The fans laughed as Morrus stared at Helms like a rabid dog, picture nothing less than foaming at the mouth.

Shane Helms: "But you, you took things to far when you interferred in my match, and cost me the Cruiserweight title. So Hugh Morrus, Bash at the Beach we'll take care of things like we did up in NC, because at the Bash at the Beach I'm challenging you to a Raleigh Street Fight! Anything goes, and falls count anywhere in the building."

Hugh Morrus laughed hysterically some more, everything's a joke to this guy you know. He grabbed a microphone.

Hugh Morrus: "Shane Helms I accept any sort of challenge you want to hand out. You may think you're laughing now, but just remember one thing; He who laughs last, laughs best!"

With that Morrus tossed the microphone and Helms continued to stare at the man he will now face on July 22nd in Washington DC. With that the show went to commercial break.

EWR Rating: 71%

When the show came back on the air Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson with help from the production team gave a run down of the matches so far that have been signed for the Bash at the Beach;

* WCW World Heavyweight Title Match - Booker T versus Val  Venis© w/ Major Gunns

* Weapon of Choice Match - 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner w/  Midajah versus Jeff Jarrett w/ Debra

* Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only Battle Royal - Jamie Knoble©  versus Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, Jason Jett, Juventud  Guerrera & more competitors TBA

* Raleigh Street Fight - "Sugar" Shane Helms versus Hugh Morrus

When the camera returned to the arena a brief clip was shown of last week's Unleashed when Ramon was able to land the flight Delay and score an upset victory over Konnan then we went to the arena where Air Raid, AJ Styles and Air Paris were coming to the ring with their acquantance Ramon right behind them. After the two got in the ring they took off their matching Adidas jump suits, revealing their - you guessed it matching short tights ring attire.

The WCW World Cruiserweight Tag-Team Champions Rey Misterio junior and Billy Kidman were out next, and Konnan was with them. Hudson and Anderson announced that this was a non-title contest, that means sorry kiddies don't be expecting any title change tonight.

Non Title Match

Rey Misterio junior and Billy Kidman (WCW Cruiserweight Tag Champions) w/Konnan versus Air Paris and AJ Styles w/Ramon

AJ Styles and Rey Misterio started this one off, Misterio really has bulked up since his introduction into WCW, and has slowed down quite a bit but make no mistake about it he may still be the best high flyer in the business - as he proves taking the young Styles down with a spinning head scissors. Misterio bounced off of the ropes and nailed a basement dropkick right to the face. He hooked the leg but only got two. Tag to Billy Kidman, and the Animals double team Air Raid sending Styles into the ropes and nailing a double reverse back elbow. Kidman went up top, but Styles cut him off by knocking him off of the top rope, and crotching him. Tag to Air Paris and now Air Raid does the double teaming. They kept Kidman in the corner working him over. Paris grabbed the long hair of Kidman and pulled back, putting a knee right to the center of Kidman's back. Kidman would eventually make the hot tag to Misterio and he came in with clotheslines to everyone, except for Kidman that is. AJ Styles was seated in one corner and Air Paris was in the other, the crowd went nuts as Misterio and Kidman looked at each other and then gave both air Raid members the Bronco Buster! On the outside Ramon tossed Konnan into the stairs then he ran into the ring and grabbed Rey Misterio turning him inside out with the Flight delay! Kidman went to fend for himself but the big man lifted him up and nailed the move on Kidman as well, the referee called for the bell.

Winners: Rey Misterio junior and Billy Kidman by disqualification

-76%-60%-92%

Ramon and Air Raid stood over the Filthy Animals laughing as Unleashed went to yet another commercial break, looking as dominate as they've been yet.

The New Millenium Rockers Hype Video was played, they're making their debut at the Bash at the Beach!

The show returned and we were taken to Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson at ringside, they announced that over the break another two matches have been added to the Bash at the Beach that being;

* Six Man Tag-Team Match

the Filthy Animals (Rey Misterio junior, Billy Kidman and Konnan)  versus Air Raid (AJ Styles & Air Paris) and Ramon.

*Tag-Team Match

The New Millenium Rockers versus The Jung Dragonz with Leia Meow

Hudson and Anderson were cut off as the cameras picked up in Shane McMahon's office. The WCW Owner stood at his desk signing a couple of papers, but standing in front of the desk were the former WCW World Tag Team Champions, the impressive duo of Rob Conway and Nick Dinsmore.

Shane McMahon: "Well, there you go boys, at the Bash at the Beach you will get your rematch for the WCW Tag Team Titles."

Rob Conway extended his hand, as did Dinsmore and Shane McMahon shook them both.

Rob Conway: "Mr. McMahon, thank you once again."

Shane McMahon: "Make me proud boys."

The Tag-Team walked out of the office, and the scene switched back to the arena.

EWR Rating: 55%

Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson hyped how that rematch would be great. Then Juventud Guerrera's music played, and he walked out with the man that impressed everyone last week with his match against Jeff Jarrett, Jason Jett and a guy I didn't recognize. Anderson told us it was Michael Modest, I recognize the name as he used to be in WCW, just didn't recognize the face. Team Canada's music played next and the former Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions Kid Romeo and 'Prime Time' Elix Skipper walked out, they were back together but just for tonight. Their partner in this six man tag match was the WCW Cruiserweight Champion, and Noble made his way out next brushing past the both of them.

Cruiserweight Division Six Man Tag-Team Match

Juventud Guerrera, Jason Jett and Michael Modest versus Jamie Noble, Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo

Knoble started the match off with Juventud Guerrera, and used his mat based approach to keep the high flyer grounded. He worked Guerrera over with a hammerlock on the mat then extended his arm to recieve a tag from Elix Skipper. Prime Time came in and worked his stuff on the Mexican star, but Juventud countered a german suplex attempt with a roll up for two. Tag to Jason Jett, and the impressive newcomer came in on fire. He smashed an elbow to the face of Elix Skipper and leveled Kid Romeo with one as well when he entered the ring. Knoble just stayed on the outside insulting his partners. Jett hammered Prime Time with a beautiful dropkick that knocked him into the corner allowing Romeo to come in. Romeo ran in to recieve a drop toe hold from Jett. Jason fired him into the corner and did a double handspring into an elbow. Bulldog from Jett and he makes the tag to Michael Modest. Modest acted Psychotic. he hulked up after recieving fist after fist from Romeo but Romeo would get the offensive advantage with a reverse neckbreaker. They battled on into the commercial break, when the show came back on Hudson and Anderson informed us that both men had made various tags throughout the break but once again it was Modest and Romeo in the ring. After slamming Modest down Kid Romeo tugged at his shorts and started scratching his ass for some reason, he stuck his hands in his shorts and pulled out the culprit, a ticket into the Cruiserweight Invite-Only battle Royal at the Bash at the Beach. Hudson, the genius that he is explained that the ticket must have fallen into Romeo's shorts while they were in his locker. This had Romeo all distracted, and smiling as he read his ticket to a shot at the Cruiserweight Belt, this allowed Modest to level him with a kick to the gut, then he picked him up onto his shoulders and dropped him right on his head! Simply Modest by Michael Modest and the newcomer hooked the leg, 1, 2, 3!

Winners: Juventud Guerrera, Jason Jett and Michael Modest!

-70%-54%-87%

Michael Modest debuted his new gimmick (crazy) it got a positive respose

Modest, Jett and Juventud had their hands raised and left the ring. An angered Jamie Knoble got into the ring and looked at the ticket lying on the mat, he picked it up and read it, then he began leveling Kid Romeo with hard shots to the face. Knoble continued to put the boots to Romeo before the show went to break.

Back on the air we were taken to the locker room where Michael Modest was shown smiling, Jason Jett patted him on the back.

Jason Jett: "Great job out there tonight man, I told you we could do it."

Michael Modest: "ah ha ha ha!"

Modest breathed heavily and panted. He whiped the sweat off of his face and opened up the locker door, only to find a red ticket hanging from the hook, Modest after a great redebut victory was now set for a Cruiserweight Title shot at the Bash at the Beach.

EWR Rating: 67%

Jason Jett gained 3 points of overness

Michael Modest gained 2 points of overness

When we came back to the arena we found the police sirens blaring, and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner heading to the ring with his "Numba one freak" Midajah at his side. Steiner held the ring ropes allowing Midajah to get in, then Big Poppa Pump was handed a microphone.

Scott Steiner: "Let me hear my freaks in Fargo make some noise."

The Four Thousand plus fans in attendance did just that, voicing their support of the 'Genetic Freak.'

Scott Steiner: "Jeff Jarrett, you're one dumb sum'bitch to challenge the Genetic Freak to a match where anything goes, and a weapon of my choice is legal, at Bash at the Beach you bring you little six string, cause the man with the largest arms in the world is gonna make sure you need to rely on weapons. Jeff Jarrett, you're just jealous of the Big Bad Booty Daddy because, because umlike me you never bring the freaks to ecstacy, and hell you never will. I'm just more man than you can handle and at the Bash at the Beach you will know why they call me Freakzilla, the Ultimate Thrilla!"

EWR Rating: 75%

Steiner tossed the microphone to the outside, and took of his medeival chain mail from his head handing it to Midajah, who rolled out of the ring. Not too long after Disco Inferno came out to the ring, no dancing Disco looked like a lamb being lead to slaughter.

Singles Contest

Scott Steiner w/Midajah versis Disco Inferno

Steiner seemed to want to send a message to the 'Chosen One' in this match, that being that 'Big Poppa Pump' was back in WCW and as good as ever. Disco really didn't get any hits in with this match, unless Steiner was letting him then Steiner followed that up with a clothesline that nearly took off disco's head. Big Poppa Pump connected with two subsequent Belly to Belly Suplexes and then locked on the Steiner Recliner for the victory. A dominant return match for Big Poppa Pump.

Winner: Scott Steiner (via submission)

-68%-73%-59%

After the match Scott Steiner had his hand raised, the 'Genetic Freak' and Midajah celebrated the rather easy victory, then Jeff Jarrett's music started p and Steiner directed for Midajah to leave the ring, sensing a battle was about to ensue. But after a few moments Jarrett never came out and the music ended, or atleast it seemed as Jarrett had slid in the ring behind Steiner, Scott turned and got blasted by the guitar! 'Big Poppa Pump' was out of it, and Jarrett talked trash in his face as the credits came on the screen then faded to black, but not before Anderson and Hudson informed everyone that live next week there would be a contract signing between Val Venis and Booker T.

EWR Rating: 83%

Overall Show Rating: 71%

Television Rating: 5.49

Attendance: 4038 People

Ticket Sales: $161,520

Guess what time it is again, kiddos! It's time for the predictions contest, one more Unleashed and the Bash at the Beach is here, so without further adue start casting your predicitons. Winner of this lovely thing will recieve a sneak peak at the card for next month's PPV.

user posted image

WCW Bash at the Beach  - July 22, 2001

Prediction Contest

* WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Booker T versus Val Venis©

it's been one of the longest on-going rivalries since Shane McMahon  purchased WCW and made his now infamous announcement to WWF  superstars that WCW was a land of opportunity. Now Booker T  siezes the opportunity he won at the Great American Bash, will the  Booker Man walk away the Five time WCW Champion or will Val  Venis have enough one more trick up his sleeve to enable him to  keep the title?

*Weapon of Choice Match

'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner w/Midajah versus Jeff Jarrett  w/Debra

Big Poppa Pump returned to the WCW at the Great American Bash  after being on the shelf with a back injury, his first major challenge  is in the form of the Chosen One Jeff Jarrett in a match Jarrett  challenged Big Poppa Pump to. Steiner will be bringing into the ring  with him a lead pipe, Jarrett his trusty guitar and those weapons will  be legal to use. Both men seem destined to challenge for the WCW  Title, this match may very well decide who gets the shot.

* WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

Conway and Dinsmore versus O'Haire and Palumbo©

The young tandem of Conway and Dinsmore shocked the World  defeating Palumbo and O'Haire last month for the Tag Team Titles,  but their reign would only last six days due to cheating tactics by  the former champions. Now using their contractual rematch will  Conway and Dinsmore once again stand at the top of the Tag-Team  Mountain?

* WCW World Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only Battle Royal

Jamie Knoble© versus Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, Juventud  Guerrera, Jason Jett, Kid Romeo, Michael Modest, and three more  stars to be announced.

Over the past couple of weeks members of WCW's Cruiserweight  Division have been opening up their lockers to find invitations into  this Battle Royal Match-up. Jamie Knoble must put up his newly won  WCW Cruiserweight Championship against nine other superstars in a  battle royal where eliminations occur via over the top rope  elimination, as well as submissions and pinfalls. The numbers are  against the Champion in this one.

* 3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

AJ Styles, Air Paris and Ramon versus  Rey Misterio, Billy Kidman and Konnan

Over the past few weeks the teams of the Filthy Animals and Air  Raid have been on a collision course, it all comes to a head at the  Bash at the Beach.

* "Raleigh Street Fight"

It was a simple run in backstage that cost Shane Helms the  Cruiserweight title when Hugh Morrus attacked him during his match  at the Great American Bash, since then these two have been at  each other's throats. Blood is sure to be spilled in this one as  anything goes and falls count anywhere.

* WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match

'Canadian Fury' Penalty Box Match

Lance Storm© versus Buff Bagwell, Shawn Stasiak, Rob Van Dam  and Mike Awesome

Match Rules:

- All five men fight in the match at the same time.

- Positioned on each side of the ring will be wooden "Penalty Boxes."

- The United States Title hangs from the ceiling, the first man to  climb a ladder and retrieve the title will be the United States  Champion.

- Pinfall and submissions may occur in the matchup, should a person  be pinned or submit they will have to go inside of one of the Penalty  Boxes for a duration of two minutes.

- No combatant may leave the Penalty box until the two minute  time period is up.

Lance Storm puts his newly won United States title on the line  against four other competitors in the first ever "Canadian Fury  Penalty Box Match," this could be the show stealer of the night, but  the end of Storm's title reign as well.

* Cruiserweight Tag-Team Division Match

The New Millenium Rockers (Paul London & Brian Kendrick) versus  The Jung Dragonz (Kaz Hayashi and Yang w/Leia Meow)

For weeks now we've seen the videos, a new team known as the  New Millenium Rockers are coming to WCW at the Bash at the  Beach. Up until last week that's all we knew but just signed by  Shane McMahon, this new Team jumps straight into the  Cruiserweight Tag-Team Division against one of its best teams. Will  the NMR be able to pick up their first victory, or will the Jung  Dragonz prove that they are pound for pound the best Tag Team in  WCW?

TYE BREAKERS:

Who will score the pinfall in the Tag-Team Title Match?

Who will score the Pinfall in the Rockers/ Dragonz Match?

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match?

Will we see an surprise debuts at the Bash at the Beach?

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal?

Edited by Idolized

Guest MrBenjamin

*Weapon of Choice Match

'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner w/Midajah versus Jeff Jarrett w/Debra

Jamie Knoble© versus Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, Juventud Guerrera, Jason Jett, Kid Romeo, Michael Modest, and three more stars to be announced.

* 3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

AJ Styles, Air Paris and Ramon versus Rey Misterio, Billy Kidman and Konnan

* "Raleigh Street Fight"

Lance Storm© versus Buff Bagwell, Shawn Stasiak, Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome

The New Millenium Rockers (Paul London & Brian Kendrick) versus The Jung Dragonz (Kaz Hayashi and Yang w/Leia Meow)

TYE BREAKERS:

Who will score the pinfall in the Tag-Team Title Match? Sean O'Haire

Who will score the Pinfall in the Rockers/ Dragonz Match? Spanky

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 5??

Will we see an surprise debuts at the Bash at the Beach? YeS

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Super Crazy and TAKA...

*Weapon of Choice Match

Jamie Knoble© versus Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, Juventud Guerrera, Jason Jett, Kid Romeo, Michael Modest, and three more stars to be announced.

* 3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

* "Raleigh Street Fight"

The New Millenium Rockers (Paul London & Brian Kendrick) versus The Jung Dragonz (Kaz Hayashi and Yang w/Leia Meow)

TYE BREAKERS:

Who will score the pinfall in the Tag-Team Title Match? O'Haire

Who will score the Pinfall in the Rockers/ Dragonz Match? London

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 6

Will we see an surprise debuts at the Bash at the Beach? Yes

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Chavo Guerrero Jr and... Elix Skipper (If you fired any of these guys sorry...i'm just beging to read now.)

-------------------------

I'm trying to start reading this as I'm a big WCW fan....Congrats on this getting pinned and good luck :)

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Winner: Booker T

*Weapon of Choice Match

Winner: Jarrett

Winners: O'Haire and Palumbo

Winner: Juvi

* 3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

Winners: Rey, Billy, Konnan

* "Raleigh Street Fight"

Winner: Helms

Winner: RVD

Winners: NMR

TYE BREAKERS:

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 3

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Juvi and a mystery man

Guest Mike Awesome Fan

Booker T versus Val Venis

Weapon of Choice Match

Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner w/Midajah versus Jeff Jarrett w/Debra

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

Conway and Dinsmore versus O'Haire and Palumbo

WCW World Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only Battle Royal

Jamie Knoble versus Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, Juventud Guerrera, Jason Jett, Kid Romeo, Michael Modest, and three more stars to be announced.

3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

Raleigh Street Fight"

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match

Lance Storm versus Buff Bagwell, Shawn Stasiak, Rob Van Dam and Mike Awesome

Cruiserweight Tag-Team Division Match

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 5

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Jamie Knoble and Super Crazy

*Weapon of Choice Match

* 3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

* "Raleigh Street Fight"

TYE BREAKERS:

Who will score the Pinfall in the Rockers/ Dragonz Match? Kaz Hayashi

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 4

Will we see an surprise debuts at the Bash at the Beach? YES

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Super Crazy and Noble

user posted image

WRESTLING-HEAT.COM

The Hottest Rumors on the Net!

WCW Unleashed Preview:

July 21, 2001

With one day remaining until the Pay Per View Event of the summer, Unleashed marks the last stop in the road until the Bash at the Beach. Announced last week, tonight on Unleashed we will witness the official contract signing for the Main Event of Bash at the Beach between the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Val Venis and Booker T. Each time these two are in the ring together it's anything but friendly.

In a bit of a preview of the Invite-Only Battle Royal at the Bash at the Beach, we will see not one but two 4 man battle Royal Match-ups on Unleashed where eliminations may occur via over the top rope, or pinfall and submission. In the first of the two matches Elix Skipper, Kid Romeo, Michael Modest and Jason Jett will battle it out while the cruiserweight champion Jamie Knoble, Juventud Guerrera, Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias wage war in the other.

Plus that's not all as One half of the WCW World Tag Team Champions Chuck Palumbo with Sean O'Haire in his corner will face off against rob Conway with Nick Dinsmore watching his back, this is just one day before these two teams meet for the Tag team titles at Bash at the Beach! Be sure not to miss WCW Unleashed!

EDIT: Wow, thanks alot for all the predictions, keep them coming. Oh and if you want to change your predictions after Unleashed goes up, feel free to just make sure you note that you had changed them so I don't count your old ones (I have some copied down) Thanks for the pinning, I'm really psyched about it!

Edited by Idolized

Weapon of Choice Match

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

WCW World Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only Battle Royal

3 on 3 Tag-Team Match

"Raleigh Street Fight"

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match

Cruiserweight Tag-Team Division Match

TYE BREAKERS:

Who will score the Pinfall in the Rockers/ Dragonz Match?  Paul London

How many times will the penalty boxes be used in the US Title Match? 3

Will we see an surprise debuts at the Bash at the Beach? No

Who will be the final two men in the Cruiserweight title Battle Royal? Jamie Noble & Juventud

Edited by Kevin Elliott

I'm always trying to improve and I was informed that my grammar and layout for the shows in the past really haven't been the greatest, so I've decided to give a new format a try. Please inform me of how you like this show layout, with that I hope you enjoy the final Unleashed before the Bash at the Beach Pay Per View........

user posted image

WCW Unleashed Results: July 21, 2001

Live from Saginaw, MI

A pre-taped moment to kick things off...

Unleashed opens up in abnormal fashion with a shot of the parking lot, in the bottom of the screen "Earlier in the Evening" is shown in white letters. A black limo parks, and the camera focuses on the back door. A few seonds passed and then the door opens, and out steps 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner and his "Number One Freak,' Midajah. Steiner flings his bag over his shoulder, his head sporting a white bandage courtesy of Jeff Jarrett's guitar shot last week. The pair head into the arena as Steiner mumbles something about Jarrett, then the opening video package aired.

Enter the pyro on stage signifying the start of the show. Thousands of fans are showing their support with multi colored signs and merchandising, they jump up around and act like fools making their families at home very proud. Just as Arn Anderson and Scott Hudson welcome everyone to the show the music of the WCW World Tag Team Champions takes the loud speaker and it seems as though the first match of the night is set to begin.

Singles Match-up

Chuck Palumbo w/Sean O'Haire versus Rob Conway w/Nick Dinsmore

The final episode of WCW's weekly program before the Great American Bash kicked off with two of the participants in tomorrow night's WCW World Tag Team Title Match going head to head. Chucky P. got things going in his favor with a couple of well placed shots to the face of Rob Conway, his brawling efforts would soon come to bite him however when Conway ducked a shot and landed a ddt. Palumbo stumbled back up to his feet to be whipped into the ropes and taken to the mat with a hart-attack like clothesline from the former Tag Champion. Conway worked over Palumbo's leg, putting his knee into Palumbo's joint. Sean O'Haire pushed the bottom rope within reach of his partner and Palumbo latched on to break the hold. Conway scooped Palumbo up and slammed him to the mat before going up top. Chucky P. got to his feet and Rob leaped off connecting with a cross body for a two count. Sean O'Haire tossed one of the Tag-Team Titles into a corner, this ticked Nick Dinsmore off and he jumped up on the apron, but referee Charles Robinson got after him to get back on the outside. Palumbo crawled over and grabbed the Tag Title, cowering over it to make sure Conway didn't see the consealed weapon. Rob walked over and went to grab ahold of Palumbo, that's when he hauled off and smashed the belt into the Kentucky native's face. Sean O'Haire grabbed Dinsmore's leg from behind and pulled him off of the apron, Dinsmore's face smashed against the ring apron on the way down. Palumbo covered but Conway somehow kicked out at two! Palumbo tugged at his long brown hair, and lifted Conway to his feet. Conway shrugged off Palumbo's grasp and connected with clenched fists sending the Tag Champion reeling into the ropes. O'Haire and Dinsmore had kept their fight going on the outside, and referee Charles Robinson jumped out of the ring and pulled the two apart, then he shouted "You're outta' here!" demanding that O'Haire and Dinsmore both get sent to the back. They argued with him as the show went to it's first commercial break.

Back on the air, Palumbo had Conway crotched on the top rope and was setting up a superplex attempt. He hooked Conway's arm, but the rookie fired back and shoved Palumbo down to the canvas. Conway connected with an elbow off of the top rope but couldn't hold Palumbo down for the three. They fought back to their feet, and Conway looked to send Chucky P. into the ropes, but the Tag Champion reversed and Rob was the one that took the ride, Jungle Kick - Conway evaded it with a roll over his own shoulders. He got back to his feet and Palumbo turned to face only to meet a knockout right hand blow from Conway. Both men fell to the mat and Conway hooked the leg for the 1, 2, 3!

Rob Conway defeated Chuck Palumbo via pinfall

-61%-54%-69%

Conway's hand is raised, he gets the win tonight and celebrates on the turnbuckle, the question still remains will he and Dinsmore be able to regain the Tag Team Titles against Palumbo and O'Haire tomorrow night?

He's Buff and he wants his title back...

After hearing from Hudson and Anderson at the commentary desk hyping up the fact that tonight we will see the official contract signing for the World Heavyweight title Match tomorrow night against Booker T and Val Venis, a new theme overtakes the speakers.

"Buff... Daddy... I'm Buff, and I'm the Stuff!"

Marcus "Buff" Bagwell comes out to the top of the ramp, no hopping or posing tonight, Buff doesn't seem to be his obnoxious self. He walks to the ring and takes off his trademark shades before grabbing a microphone.

Buff Bagwell: "Just two weeks ago, Buff Daddy was standin' here in this very ring with the Dubbya See Dubbya United States Title around his georgous waist, ready and waitin' to defend it against R-V-D. But you see Lance Storm had other plans on his mind and before Buff Daddy could even comprehend what happened, he was blasted in the face with that United States Title, and had it stolen from him."

The crowd boos at the reference of Lance Storm and one lady in the audience shouts "I love you Buff!"

Buff Bagwell: "Lance Storm, ya' claim to be an athlete with integrity and honor, but let me tell ya' son ya' ain't got either! What ya' did to RVD, and what you did ta' me ain't goin' ta' go unpunished. Now Buff Daddy ain't got the slightest clue as to what the hell this Canadian Fury Penalty Box crap is all about, but he does know one thing. To win it he's gonna have to climb the ladder and retrieve it, and make no mistake about it that's exactly what I'm gonna do!"

Bagwell paces the ring, and adjusts the shades resting on his forehead before continuing on.

Buff Bagwell: "Now in this little match here it's gonna be every man for himself, well RVD I told ya' I respected ya' but make no mistake about it whether it's you, Awesome, Stasiak, or Storm if ya' get in Buff Daddy's way you're gonna go down. There ain't nothin' that's gonna stop me from gettin' my United States Title back around my waist, and ya' wanna know why?"

Bagwell looks around at the crowd.

Buff Bagwell: "'Cause I'm Buff"...

The fans chant along with him

Buff Bagwell: "And I'm the Stuff!"

Bagwell drops the microphone in the ring and heads to the back after his music plays again, that's where Unleashed goes to another commercial break.

EWR Rating: 72%

The show comes back on the air and Scott Hudson informs everyone that up next is the first of two preview matches for the Invite-Only Battle Royal at the Bash at the Beach. Eliminations will occure over the top rope, pinfall and by submission.

4 man Cruiserweight Battle Royal

Elix Skipper Kid Romeo, Michael Modest and Jason Jett

It's important to note that Team Canada's Elix Skipper came to the ring flashing his red ticket into tomorrow night's event since no previous mention of him being in it was ever made. Jason Jett and Michael Modest really didn't have much of a reaction from the fans, but that was to be expected since they had only been for a short time.This match was a crazy spot fest, and early on the former Cruiserweight Tag Team Champions of Skipper and Romeo rebonded to do a number on Jett and Modest. Modest was the first to the floor getting knocked off of the top rope with a kick to the head from "Prime Time." It seemed that Jett would be next as the two other men in the match were working in unison against him, but after being whipped into the ropes he put on the breaks and pulled down on the top rope, Kid Romeo had charged the WCW newcomer and fell victim to the low bridge effect with the rope, tumbling up and over to the outside. It was down to two men, "Prime Time" Elix Skipper and Jason Jett. They traded some quick holds and Skipper whipped Jett into the ropes, Jett however springboarded off of the center rope and albowed Skipper in the face forcing him to the mat. Jett rushed him into the corner and bounced at him doing a double hand spring into a back elbow, the fans were really getting behind Jason Jett. Powerslam on Skipper and Jett almost had a three count. They fought back to their feet and Skipper hip tossed Jett over the top rope, he didn't fall to the floor though and spring boarded back into the ring landing a dropkick to Skipper's back. Jett couldn't toss Skipper over the top rope though, and Elix poked him in the eye. With Jett's eyes watering, and him rubbing at them, Skipper would come back and connect with the Play of the Day and cover for the win.

Elix Skipper defeated Kid Romeo, Michael Modest and Jason Jett.

-68%-51%-85%

Everyone's entitled to an off night once in a while, right?...

After Skipper rolls out of the ring, Jett looks disappointed in himself, from there the show switched to somewhere in the back, where it was didn't really matter as all you could see where the WCW World Tag Team Champions Palumbo and O'Haire staring into the screen with the belts across their shoulders.

Chuck Palumbo: "Laugh it up boys, have your fun tonight because that's all you're going to be celebrating, your little fluke win tonight!"

Sean O'Haire: "Conway and Dinsmore, do you guys really think you have what it takes to hang with us, the greatest Tag-Team in the world today? Think about it.. No really think about it. Six days you two reigned as WCW Tag Team Champions, and the only reason you even had those for that long was because of the damn beginners luck."

Chuck Palumbo: "Well boys, luck only lasts so long and for the two of you tonight you used the last drop."

Palumbo and O'Haire smile eveily at each other.

Sean O'Haire: "Bash at the Beach, for you two the clock strikes twelve and the Cinderella story is over."

Chuck Palumbo: "It's riches to rags for the two of you, but don't take it personal you'll just be added onto the list of teams like Kronic that we ran out of the WCW."

Sean O'Haire: "See you girls at the Bash."

O'Haire and Palumbo share another evil laugh, then Unleashed heads to another set of words from the sponsors.

EWR Rating: 67%

Big Poppa is Pumped...

Back on the air and we are taken to the office of Shane McMahon. The WCW owner is sitting at his desk with his legs propped up, and chatting on the phone when the door opens and Scott Steiner storms into his office with the beautiful Midajah not far behind.

Shane McMahon: "yeah... I'm going to have to call you back Steph"...

McMahon was talking to his sister? Wasn't she still a part of the WWF?? Well that didn't matter right now, back to the story on hand, McMahon hung up the phone and turned his attention to Steiner.

Shane McMahon: "Big Poppa Pump, for what do I owe the favor of this visit?"

Steiner leaned over the deask and looked straight at McMahon.

Scott Steiner: "I came into this office for one reason and one reason only, and I ain't leaving here until I get what I want. You saw what Jarrett did ta' me las' week, and I ain't leabin' until I have his ass in that ring one on one tonight!"

The fans cheered, they wanted to see it, hell who wouldn't want to see one of the highly publicized matches for tomorrows PPV on free tv? Ah but Shane is a much better businessman than that... right?

Shane McMahon: "Well Scott, I can't give you Jeff Jarrett tonight one on one."

Steiner couldn't believe his ears was McMahon standing up to the Genetic Freak?

Shane McMahon: "What kind of a business move would that be giving away a PPV Main Event one day before it's scheduled to happen? But I'll tell you what, I'll give you Jarrett tonight, and Hugh Morrus too."

Scott Steiner: "Hugh Morrus? I don't give two shits about Hugh Morrus!"

Shane McMahon: "Well Scott I know you don't, but you're Tag Team partner for tonight surely wants to get his hands on him. You see tonight, in the Unleashed Main Event it's going to be 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner teaming up with 'Sugar' Shane Helms to take on Hugh Morrus and the 'Chosen One' Jeff Jarrett!"

Steiner didn't really look happy about the extra people in the match, but hey he got Jarrett right?

Scott Steiner: "Listen up McMahon, they'd better stay the hell outta' my damn way, I want Jarrett and that's the bottom line!"

Steiner and Midajah walk off, then the cameras return to the arena with Hudson and Anderson.

EWR Rating: 80%

Hudson nearly went hoarse shouting at how good the night's Main Event was going to be, then Anderson got him calmed down and the two rand down the card for tomorrow night's Pay Per View extravaganza;

* New Millenim Rockers versus the Jung Dragonz w/ Leia Meow

* Billy Kidman, Rey Misterio junior and Konnan versus Air Paris, AJ Styles and Ramon

* Cruiserweight Title Invite-Only Battle Royal

* 'Canadian Fury Penalty Box Match' for the WCW United States Title - Lance Storm© versus Rob Van Dam, Mike Awesome, Shawn Stasiak and Buff Bagwell

* Raleigh Street Fight - Hugh Morrus versus Shane Helms

* Weapon of Choice Match - Scott Steiner w/ Midajah versus Jeff Jarrett w/ Debra

* WCW World Heavyweight Title Match - Val Venis© versus Booker T

After the graphics fade from the screen, Three count was dancing their way out from the back to kick off the second Battle Royal of the night.

4 Man Cruiserweight Battle Royal

Jamie Knoble versus Juventud Guerrera, Shannon Moore, and Evan Karagias

Juventud Guerrera was the heavy favorite for the fans in this one, but make no mistake about it Jamie Knoble was out to make a name for himself - not that he hadn't made one, just well hell. He was out there to rip Juventud's head off. He did that too grabbing the luchador's hair and pulling him to the mat with a whiplash effect. Moore and Karagias took a few moments just hanging back, then at once they charged Knoble and nearly took him over the top rope with a double clothesline, but he held onto the ropes and rolled back in. Midway into the match, Moore used a kneeled down Evan Karagias to springboard off of and land on Knoble's shoulders as he was perched on the top, but Knoble held onto the top rope and dumped Moore to the outside eliminating him. Juvi used him as a springboard next and landed a kick to Knoble's head dropping him to the mat, he covered but the CW Champ got his leg on the rope. Karagias went to the attack on Juvi, and mockingly dropped him down with the Juvi Driver. He went to the top looking for the 450 splash but Knoble pushed him off the top and to the outside. It was down to Juventud and Knoble, and the Cruiserweight Champion landed sickening stomps to Juvi. He went to lock on the Reverse Figure Four that he'd been using to gain victory over the last couple weeks, but Juvi made it to the rope. Knoble lifted Guerrera up and went for a tombstone piledriver, but Juvi reversed and landed the move himself! Juvi went to the top rope, and landed the 450 splash! 1, 2, 3! Juventud had upset the Cruiserweight Champion!

Juventud Gerrera defeated Jamie Knoble, Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias

-72%-61%-84%

They have tickets? Are they giving them away now?..

Juvi was celebrating the victory, we may see this tomorrow night at the Bash at the Beach, Juvi quickly rolled out of the ring as Knoble began throwing a fit in the ring, arguing with the referee and kicking the ring ropes! From there we were taken to the back where Disco Inferno and Crownar where in the locker room. Disco held out a red ticket.

Disco Inferno: "Ya' know its about damn time I get some respect around this place! Now after ta'marra' night, I'll be dancin' with some gold around my waist!"

Crowbar: "Ha, ha ha!"

Crowbar's hysterical laughing upset the Dancing King of WCW, and he slapped the strange man on the back of the head.

Disco Inferno: "What the hell is so funny? You don't think I can do it."

Crowbar held up his hand to reveal that he too had one of the tickets into the match, and again he let out a laugh.

Disco Inferno: "Oh, yeah I guess you're gonna beat me right? That's what you're laughing about isn't it?"

Crowbar laughed some more and then pointed across the room, the camera picks up what he was staring at to reveal that there is a television monitor playing clips of disco's match from last week with Scott Steiner, Steiner was literally handing Disco his own ass. Disco looked pissed off.

Disco Inferno: "Oh yeah, that's real funny. HA HA!"

Disco stormed out of the locker room, and Crowbar was still laughing at the sight on the monitor when we went to some more words from the sponsors.

EWR Rating: 69%

Crowbar gained in overness

The New Millenium Rockers hype video played before the show came back on air, they're making their debut at the Bash at the Beach in case you didn't know. Back in the arena,

Main Event: Tag Team Match

Shane Helms and Scott Steiner versus Jeff Jarrett and Hugh Morrus

Both Jarrett and Steiner were without their ladies for this one, they had to be sensing the action was going to spill to the outside, and it did. Jarrett played the cowardly heel for the most part, running away from Steiner every time he was after him, and tagging in Hugh Morrus. Morrus got the advantage on Big Poppa Pump attacking him from behind with a chop block. He worked over Steiner on the mat and connected with his crazy stomping legdrop thing. Cover for two. Steiner tagged Helms in and Shane actually did a good job against the much larger Morrus. He was like a firecracker unleashing his fury on the man that cost him the Cruiserweight title forcing the big man to tag out. Helms and Jarrett went at it, but Double J almost won the match with the Figure Four until Steiner came in and broke it up. After connecting with the Shining Wizard he tagged in Steiner and Jarrett had no where to run. Big Poppa Pump landed two consecutive Over head Belly to Bellies and covered for two. Jarrett came back and clotheslined Steiner to the outside, after tossing him into the stairs Scott lost his temper, and reached under the ring grabbing the lead pipe! He chased Jarrett around the ring, and swung the pipe at Jeff. The ref had seen enough of the potentially life threatening action and called for the bell dq'ing Steiner!

Jeff Jarrett and Hugh Morrus defeated Scott Steiner and Hugh Morrus by disqualification

-74%-76%-72%

Steiner continued to chase after Jarrett, running him up the ramp. Morrus and Helms were still fighting in the ring to the sound of the bell ringing over and over as the show took its final break. Steiner was dq'd for trying to use the pipe tonight, tomorrow night would be a different story with the lead pipe a legal part of the match.

And the match is official...

When the show came back on the air the ring was decked out in red carpet, and a desk was set up in the middle of it with two chairs on each side. Shane McMahon stood in the ring with a microphone and there were atleast five secuirity guards in the ring to ensure that the two men didn't get into a cuffle like they did the last time they were involved in one of these affairs.

Shane McMahon: "WCW fans it gives me great pleasure to present this next segment to you all. At the Bash at the Beach we will witness the culmination of one of the most fierce rivalries WCW has witnessed since.. I (Shane O'Mac smiles) took over the reigns. At the Bash at the Beach the WCW World Heavyweight champion Val Venis will put the world Heavyweight Title on the line against Booker T, and tonight we will make this match official, with both superstars signing the contract. So without further adue I give to you first, residing in Toronto Ontario Canada he is the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Val Venis!"

Venis comes out to the dismay of the fans in attendance, he had new music that was similar to the Team Canada music but different, more hard rock I'd say. He comes out with the title over his shoulder, and gives shane a smug look before taking his seat at the desk.

Shane McMahon: "And his opponent, from Harlem New York, he is a four time WCW Champion... Booker T!"

Booker T had the support of the fans, that was to say the least he came out to a huge pop! He walks to the ring in confidence wearing tan slacks and a FUBU shirt. He stares Venis down, and then takes a seat.

Shane McMahon: "alright guys, lets keep this professional I have a whole team of secuirity behind the two of you, you are not to touch one another! Now Booker T as the challenger why don't you sign first."

Booker happily took the pen and jotted down his name.

Shane McMahon: "and Val, now you."

Venis waited a few moments and they he too signed the contract. McMahon took it and held it up.

Shane McMahon: "Well, there you have it folks at".......

Val Venis: "Hold up! I've got something to say. Huh huh ha!"

Venis took the mic from Shane and stood up looking at booker T. Booker stood up as well staring right at the Champion.

Val Venis: "Booker T I seriously don't get your deal. time after time I have beaten you with this title on the line, why would tomorrow night be any different?"

Booker snatched the mic out of Venis' hand.

Booker T: "You wanna know my deal sucka!? The deal is this! Tomorra' night, Bash at the Beach, the Booker Man is gonna make history, and that is by becomin' tha' Five time! Five time! Five time! Five time! Five time! WCW Champion! And there ain't a damn thing that ya' gonna do about it..... (Booker turned his head and then turned it back before shouting) SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Booker T drops the mic after screaming in Venis' face, the champion takes offense and the two stars stand nose to nose as the show leaves the air with secuirity making sure they don't lay a hand on one another. Tomorrow night WCW Presents the Pay-Per-View Event of the summer, Bash at the Beach!

EWR Rating: 78%

Television Rating: 5.48

Attendance: 4026 people

Ticket Sales: $161040