Atrocities on TV

ROC

So, what has been the worst atrocity (network or show) you've seen on TV recently (not including those softcore films you stumble upon on Skinnemax or any stuff that was released on another medium long before debuting on TV)?

For me, it's probably the stuff on the Disney Channel. Original movies, original shows, and original cartoons that ALL suck. Fortunately, it gets at least one point from me from showing the brilliant work of Hayao Miyazaki and the good theatrical releases they show from time to time (Heavyweights is AWESOME!).

Noggin at night, when they switch to "The N." With the exception of Daria, this has got to be the most mind numbing crap ever. Not only that, I don't understand how they can get away with half the stuff they do on a "tween" station. For instance, an episode of Degrassi the Next Generation featured a middle school student getting a penis pump. Yes... a penis pump. This is a show targeting 11 year old girls and they're showing the audience a penis pump.

A one-shot piece of shit called Perfect Hair Forever and a series called the Super Milk-Chan Show on Adult Swim. Perfect Hair Forever was a 30-minute waste of time obviously written by coke-fiends who all rode on the shortbus when they went to school, and why CN even allows Super Milk-Chan to air is beyond me, because its not even slightly funny and the voice actors are mostly irritating to listen to.

Noggin at night, when they switch to "The N."  With the exception of Daria, this has got to be the most mind numbing crap ever.  Not only that, I don't understand how they can get away with half the stuff they do on a "tween" station.  For instance, an episode of Degrassi the Next Generation featured a middle school student getting a penis pump.  Yes... a penis pump.  This is a show targeting 11 year old girls and they're showing the audience a penis pump.

What was Perfect Hair Forever like? I was actually really interested in seeing it.

EDIT: Oh an Comedy Central really sucks lately in IMO. Blue Collar Comedy Tour/TV, Wanda Does It, Drawn Together and MADtv all suck ass. Plus I feel the new South Park episodes are pretty crap and Chappelle's show is beyond stale. I don't think I'll be able to watch the new season.

Edited by cthemason

Oh an Comedy Central really sucks lately in IMO. Blue Collar Comedy Tour/TV, Wanda Does It, Drawn Together and MADtv all suck ass. Plus I feel the new South Park episodes are pretty crap and Chappelle's show is beyond stale. I don't think I'll be able to watch the new season.

There's not that many episodes of Chappelle's Show, yet it's their number one show, what the hell do you want them to do?

Drawn Together is the funniest new show in a long time and it's getting a good lead-in from a fantastic second half to South Park Season 8.

I hated SNL on Comedy Central... they played the same four episodes and three of them were hosted by Alec Baldwin. Mad TV gets funnier every season, especially in the last few years when SNL has sucked whale cock.

Wanda Does It really sucks and we should have all feared for the future of this country when Jeff Foxworthy made a comeback. So I'll give you those two. But Comedy Central rarely airs Blue Collar TV and there's no chance in hell Wanda Does It will get another season.

Here's the good stuff from Comedy Central:

-Turning Insomniac from a series into one hour specials every few months. The show's formula was fantastic, but there's only so many places you can go before the show gets repetitive. Now Dave Attell's genius brand of comedy can still be appreciated without becoming stale.

-Putting emphasis back on South Park as their franchise show. Sure, Chappelle may be #1 now, but South Park made Comedy Central's original shows be taken seriously. For awhile there, Comedy Central practically abandoned South Park.

-The Secret Stash... airing uncensored movies late at night on Saturdays? Brilliant.

-The Daily Show being looked at as a legit news source.

-Putting old shows on mid-day. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see a random Upright Citizen's Brigade or Strangers With Candy.

-De-emphasizing Crank Yankers.

-Quickly cancelling shows that shows that should have never seen the light of day: Kid Notorious, The New Man Show, etc.

-Still airing Stand Up Comedy when people actually watch. Remember how MTV is supposed to be Music Television, yet you can only find music between 4 and 5 am? Well, amazingly enough, you can still find Comedy on the Comedy Channel. And stand-up comedy at that.

Now for the bad:

-Cancelling Tough Crowd... what the fuck were they thinking there? You cancel Tough Crowd but you keep Crossballs?! Tough Crowd was the perfect show to counterbalance the left-leaning Daily Show. And it was the first time Colin Quinn has been funny in years!

-Fucking with the late night. They had such a good thing going when they had Gary & Mike, Undergrads, then two episodes of the Critic from 2 am-4 am. Now they're putting on shows no one has ever seen like Wanderlust or Jump Cuts that are completely uninteresting.

-Infomercials at 4 am. This is a big gripe I have with most cable networks; I know these infomercials generate a lot of ad revenue, but come on, you're owned by fucking Viacom, put on some real programming until at least 6 am.

-Continuing to air Duckman... was that show ever watched and enjoyed by a single person? Didn't think so.

-The movies they air during the day/evening. Why would I want to watch Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back at 7pm with half the movie cut out due to censorship when I can watch it a few hours later completely uncensored? And the crap they air from 3 pm-5 pm during the week is just atrocious.

I just saw an advert on Comedy Central for Blue Collar TV.

It reminds me how much I hate The WB. They cancelled Angel for Blue Collar TV & The Mountain?

OH. That reminds me. The Mountain is the worst peice of garbage ever. Not even James Marsters could save it. That's sad.

EDIT: CNBC?! Isn't that like... a finacial channel or a CNN copy or something?

Edited by Tristof

CNBC is trying to get popular I guess. They tried by giving John Mcenroe a talk show, and it didn't work, so Conan gets his slot.As for Comedy Central, I think its good now. 1:30-4 on Sundays: Tv Funhouse-Dilbert-Critic-Duckman-Duckman. Thats good, although I liked when Gary and Mike and Clerks were on along with The Critic.'

One channel I can't stand is MTV. They have some good shows(Boiling Points and RW v.s. RR mainly), but most of the time I turn it on, its fucking Pimp My Ride. That show, and Xzibit, sucks.

I'd say whenever Melissa Auf Der Maur spoke at the Greatest Canadian showdown. She went from "pretty cool" to "condescending bitch" in two hours. Same goes for Rex Murphy, although he wasn't "pretty cool" at any point.