Atrocities on TV

ROC

Guest Ringmaster

I don't know about Auf Der Maur, I only watched the first hour, and the way she ragged about the unimportance of hockey as compared to the other stuff really made me like her. The ones that got on my nerves were the blind hockey marks who were trying to put Don Cherry and Wayne Gretzky on the same pedestal as Tommy Douglas and Pierre Trudeau.

And if we're gonna talk about atrocities, we're gonna have to mention every single reality TV show out there. No exceptions.

Guest Takayamanofear

I really like Drawn together, mainly because of Ling Ling. but back to the worst shows I have seen. I did not like Listen Up, A sit com about PTI is not as fun as PTI. Most of the new Adult swim shows besides The Venture Brothers. but worst of all was the I'll Do anything reality show on ESPN.

The "Amanda show" that I have been getting on my Nickelodeon....

I know it's a kids program... but I cant believe the stupidity of this show.

It's the worst show I have ever seen on my life.

I'd say whenever Melissa Auf Der Maur spoke at the Greatest Canadian showdown. She went from "pretty cool" to "condescending bitch" in two hours. Same goes for Rex Murphy, although he wasn't "pretty cool" at any point.

How could you not like Rex Murphy. Seriously, he's Canada's ugliest man. Yet at the same time, he's almost like Dan Rather with his crazy colloquialisms. But his voice is rather annoying.

It reminds me how much I hate The WB. They cancelled Angel for Blue Collar TV & The Mountain?

Mountain is the worst peice of garbage ever. Not even James Marsters could save it. That's sad.

Serves them fucking right too. It's a damn shame Boreanaz probably won't play the character on the small screen ever again. But at least it's a little vindication that the WB has to feel like FOX when they cancelled Family Guy. Speaking of FOX, here's hoping the Firefly movie tears up the box office and the Wonderfalls DVD sells huge. I'm so sick of great TV shows getting cancelled long before their time. I haven't seen the fifth season of Angel, but I heard it was getting better after suffering awhile... regardless, the show had at least two more seasons left in it from what I understand. And Firefly and Wonderfalls just flat out got screwed. How can you cancel a show after four episodes? That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and these people supposedly know how to program major networks.

I mean, not to sound like a die-hard Whedon fan (even though I am), but I'm still bitter over this stuff. I can deal with Buffy ending, that wasn't an unfair cancellation and the show went out on top at the right time. But Angel still had legs and plenty of time to go out on top. And Firefly was ended before it could even get to a percentage of its potential. That would have been like cancelling Buffy after ten episodes... try imagining that. The WB probably wouldn't even be a network right now if they did that shit. Luckily for FOX they have 20 other reality shows to fall back on after cancelling a potentially great series.

Noggin at night, when they switch to "The N."  With the exception of Daria, this has got to be the most mind numbing crap ever.  Not only that, I don't understand how they can get away with half the stuff they do on a "tween" station.  For instance, an episode of Degrassi the Next Generation featured a middle school student getting a penis pump.  Yes... a penis pump.  This is a show targeting 11 year old girls and they're showing the audience a penis pump.

Also, I never saw one paid advertisement on that station, just a bunch of Degrassi teasers.  How do they stay in biz and generate revenue?

You'll see a few, rarely. They're backed by Viacom, so they don't exactly need revenue. I'm sure they get some kind of breaks too since they're considered educational programming during the day.

Pretty much every MTV program, with Viva La Bam and Battle For Ozzfest (sometimes) being exceptions to the rule. Altough, Sharon's ruining the Battle For Ozzfest quite fast.

Those stupid build-custom-shit-whatever shows on Discovery Channel (altough the people on American Chopper are funny, so atleast that's bearable to watch), luckily it's easily balanced out by MythBusters. Next Sunday, MYTHBUSTERS MARATHON BAYBEE!

Most of "SciFi Picture Originals" on SciFi channel absolutely blow chunks. They are just terribly bad. Movies like Raptor Island or Dark Light make me want to gouge my eyes out with their crappiness.

The Club and Untold on Spike, completely useless shows. I'd rather watch CSI reruns (or even better, MXC reruns!)

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Sex in the City, probably the worst program ever created, the same happens each week, the women are all sluts and its so pretentious, Sarah-Jessica Parker is a pretenious whore too.

Why do women make out that this is good viewing? if you want a decent drama watch The Sopranos or something, or alternatively stop watching television and go cook me some steak.